PDA

View Full Version : RiverClan Floodstone

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

fallepoch
May 13th, 2021, 07:34 AM
﹁ Tinytiger ﹂

The moment Tinytiger stepped out into the clearing for Kestrelstar's call, the small tom seemed to go into a state of shock. Lionstorm... Fawnsqueak... they were- how could they be dead? The scent of ThunderClan was unmistakable but everything felt jumbled up in his head and nothing made sense. He took a slow step forward, and another, stumbling his way over to the pair before dropping his head to each of their pelts in turn to pay his respects. An angry flame burned in his chest, fighting against the complacency that his anxiety urged.

And then the yelling started. If everything was moving in slow motion before, it was almost cartoonishly hard to keep up with now. So many voices all at once. Anger, anguish, sorrow. It was chaos. Tinytiger stumbled away from the bodies to let others through and found his gaze locked on Kestrelstar. If he could just focus on him, the announcements - whatever came next, maybe he could make it through this mess.

‣ OPEN

poppy
May 13th, 2021, 07:46 AM
Rani
Rainstorm turned around to face the medicine cat. Snakeheart, I know you're hurting, and I don't blame you, but you're words are biased. You are blinded by grief. Kestrelstar was oddly quiet. Perhaps he was thinking about his response. Snakeheart was her main focus. Snakeheart, please. You lost a cat you loved, by a cat not thinking rationally, whoever that was. RiverClan or ThunderClan. Do you want to lose more Clanmates?! Perhaps it was a misunderstanding.

Then she made the mistake of looking at Lionstorm's mangled, destroyed body. She suppressed a shudder, and felt a jolt of grief and anger. Whoever did this, they will pay. I swear to StarClan. But spilling blood in vain will not help anything. ThunderClan wouldn't do this for no reason. They're like mice. Rainstorm cleared her throat. So perhaps if we get both side of the story, we can decide if ThunderClan did this.

Her eyes lit with an idea. Snakeheart- She turned to look directly in his furious, sad eyes. Perhaps you can go to the StarCave. You can speak with Fawnsqueak and Lionstorm. Then you will have your proof.

Then Kestrelstar spoke up. Quite aggressively. She looked up at Kestrelstar. I said facts, Kestrelstar. I'm just saying why exactly was he on ThunderClan territory in the first place? Don't even try to tell me it was a diplomatic mission, because don't you think there would be an announcement? And I have every right to speak up. Are you yowling at the cats who are screeching for ThunderClan blood? NO, you aren't, because they agree with you. And as I already said, he dragged himself out of ThunderClan territory, correct? What was he doing there, exactly? Was the ground covered in ThunderClan scent? I'll bet it wasn't. You are blinded by your own emotions. Now I suggest that you start being ready to listen to both sides, instead of assuming things with only a little information.
I smell ThunderClan. All over his fur. But not on Fawnsqueak! She spat, bristling. And I am RiverClan, and I have a right to speak up!

Rainstorm met Kestrelstar's eyes, frowning. I inderstand you want revenge, not to be disrespected and advised by a warrior you barely know. But what would Lionstorm and Fawsqueak want?

starry
May 13th, 2021, 09:45 AM
Fernstream

The new queen padded over to Tinytiger, who seemed equally annoyed by all the noise. "It's a bit loud, isn't it?" she asked. "Can't they do this yelling and noise after the meeting? I mean, some cats are trying to listen to Kestrelstar."

// fallepoch

Fenz
May 13th, 2021, 10:53 AM
Sleetkit scurried over am I in trouble... his mind swirled in thoughts as he looked up at his leader. Maybe it’s my apprentice ceremony!

littlelove
May 13th, 2021, 11:00 AM
As the shouting match between the highranks and the warriors carried on, Morningpaw's ears folded back. Lionstorm and Fawnsqueak... Why would Thunderclan do this? What atrocity had Riverclan committed that led them to killing the two warriors? She couldn't find an answer. She didn't want violence, but how could Thunderclan pay for this?

Feathercreek
May 13th, 2021, 12:53 PM
Silentkit cowered in a corner, his small ears pressed against his head. The cat...It was Lionstorm. It couldn't be! He couldn't be dead! M-maybe he's just sleeping. He's j-just sleeping, Silentkit reassured himself, not believing his own words. It was all to much for him. He was angry at himself for being deaf. At that moment, he really wished he could hear. Silentkit felt tears running down his face, and soon, he felt himself sobbing. He just wished Violetkit was there.

(OPEN)

Willie Warf
May 13th, 2021, 12:57 PM
Stonefoot was frozen. Kerselstars words simply fazed off of his pelt. He........They CAN'T BE DEAD! Stonefoot began to shake, violently sobbing. He sobbed his heart out, gut-wrenching sobs shaking his thin figure. His vision blurred, the ground under him soaking from the torrent of tear ushering from his eyes. " Thunderclan will pay. They will pay for this." He uttered

spade Papaya (You don't have to respond, but can someone help my emotional boy?)

Feathercreek
May 13th, 2021, 01:03 PM
﹁ Tinytiger ﹂

The moment Tinytiger stepped out into the clearing for Kestrelstar's call, the small tom seemed to go into a state of shock. Lionstorm... Fawnsqueak... they were- how could they be dead? The scent of ThunderClan was unmistakable but everything felt jumbled up in his head and nothing made sense. He took a slow step forward, and another, stumbling his way over to the pair before dropping his head to each of their pelts in turn to pay his respects. An angry flame burned in his chest, fighting against the complacency that his anxiety urged.

And then the yelling started. If everything was moving in slow motion before, it was almost cartoonishly hard to keep up with now. So many voices all at once. Anger, anguish, sorrow. It was chaos. Tinytiger stumbled away from the bodies to let others through and found his gaze locked on Kestrelstar. If he could just focus on him, the announcements - whatever came next, maybe he could make it through this mess.

‣ OPEN

Silentkit looked up, rising from his grief before falling into it again. It felt like a river - you almost drown, then float to the surface and sink all over again. The deaf kit stood up, and, wobbling, walked over to Tinytiger. This cat seemed friendly, and was close by. Not even thinking about what he was doing, Silentkit attempted to nuzzle into Tinytiger's fur, beginning to cry all over again.

spade
May 13th, 2021, 05:31 PM
It seemed there were a few opinions that continued to be shouted out in regards as to what should happen with ThunderClan. The words reached Kestrelstar's ears, but he had moved on, and with a lash of his tail he glared at those who had not done so. Now was a time for ceremonies - he'd speak privately with Splashleap and Snakeheart later about what to do moving forward with ThunderClan.

Shimm
But one voice piped up above the rest. One he couldn't ignore. Kestrelstar wasn't sure when the tom had returned, but there he was - Sunpaw, Lionstorm's apprentice. He was familiar with the fiery tom, and nodded at him. "After the ceremonies, you will join us," he agreed, knowing it was not his place to deny Sunpaw of the last final moments with his beloved mentor.

-Skyfall-
The next cat who spoke up was beginning to feel like a thorn in his side. Prickly, unremovable, and getting more annoying by the minute. Shooting daggers at Rainstorm, Kestrelstar narrowed his eyes. "My apologies, I had no idea you were there with Lionstorm in his final moments. He pulled himself from ThunderClan territory? Rather interesting, considering that when I found him before this meeting he was already dead." Stars who was this?? She had been on his list to give an apprentice to, but now this was making him reconsider. "As for the ThunderClan scent, you may want to get your nose checked out, as it happens to be on Fawnsqueak as well." Anger boiled over, but he'd moved on. "After this meeting, I expect to see you in my den, Rainstorm."

That was that. Kestrelstar would be moving on how with a last, annoyed flick of his tail.

"Now then," he continued, looking back at the assembled kits - oh, only four of them had stepped forward? Hm. "Tallkit, Sleetkit, Redkit, and Chivekit, it's time to start your warrior training. From this moment on, until you've earned your warrior rank, you will be known as Tallpaw, Sleetpaw, Redpaw, and Chivepaw."

Gaze sweeping around the Clan to see if the mentors he'd picked out before hand were present, Kestrelstar continued. "Tallpaw [ Angelique ], your mentor will be Brambleheart
[ MooingPanda ]. Sleetpaw [ Lil sagun owl ], yours will be Goosefury [ Papaya ]. Redpaw [ Topaztaill ] I except you to learn well from Firesweep [ jimothy ]. Chivepaw
[ Jackpot ], your mentor will be Bumblebelly [ Rxmulus ]. He has recently returned to us," he ended, gaze shifting to the tom before back to the apprentices, "but that should not be an obstacle in your training."

Kestrelstar took a moment to allow the new apprentices to find their mentors.

gs29513 Rani hope Exis Puddle~ Shade. Zesty Mango Rainquail Willowfern The Flying Pizza elysian Rockfall ~Fierceclaw~ Dizerel AntiAngelic Oakpaw1 Lavender'fur Starfall EriBarry QueenCocaHead fallepoch GT_Wolf Kyrieknight Aquilex Zero Peril PeachesAndPies Kunaiskrill Silverfur & Co Fuzzy WCF135 Pheasantflight Adelia Bread Swiftbreeze_41 FrostCat Cobra implimm shaded shadow Redtalon Sparrowsong and Co. Tiabirb Appleheart AppleCat4 finn. Estelle Star Dashie WinterRabbit5350 Cherry_Jay Fawnhearted feather lily littlelove Fiery kieryn Sklee leopardstrike4 Stormpoppy DelberCrankToggle vermin xXFallenheartXx Kai Peril Yeetus Feetus -Ash- PEPPERMINT~ windtail Dahliamoon Feathercreek 1NF1N1TE Bonehead Tigerscratcher mudblack TheCorruptedSoul BristleFrost Twilight Wing Dragonshifter 0live SilverSketches r1verstone Comet

Topaz
May 13th, 2021, 05:35 PM
|:| jimothy |:|

~Redpaw~

Redkit, or Redpaw's, eyes widened. He was an apprentice! And his mentor was none other than Firesweep. He turned, staring up at the warrior, before touching noses with him. (Or at least, trying to reach his nose)

Madelaine
May 13th, 2021, 05:49 PM
Tallpaw liked his new name, but that didn't mean he was going to do anything. He didn't wait for hie mentor to touch noses with him. Instead he went right to the apprentices den to find himself a spot he would spend moat of his time in. This was going to be a lot of fun. He padded into the den.

// MooingPanda; \\

(So you can see)

Tiabirb
May 13th, 2021, 05:56 PM
Goosefury and Firesweep? Those two names stuck out to Starling. Was Kestrelstar hoping that the anger in their Clanmates would pass down to their apprentices as well as their knowledge? Was he intentionally trying to implant the idea of ThunderClan spite in the young cats by entrusting them to warriors with such high hostilities and peaked emotional states? Firesweep wasn't so bad, but he had been vocal about his opinion..but it was Goosefury that worried her. Young cats were so impressionable...she hoped the lessons they learned would make them wiser than their elders.

Aquilex
May 13th, 2021, 06:28 PM
"Tallpaw! Redpaw! Sleetpaw! Chivepaw!" Barkfuzz chanted the new apprentice's names, trying to ignore the hostility in the air and rejoice in the growth of the young cats. This would be good for the Clan...or at least he hoped it would be.

Willowfern
May 13th, 2021, 07:26 PM
spade

Frogkit scrambled forward, “I’m sorry I’m late!” He squeaked nervously.

MooingPanda
May 13th, 2021, 07:40 PM
Brambleheart's ears flicked up in surprise and he purred with pleasure. Somehow, he didn't think he would be chosen. This would be his first apprentice and he wanted to do it right. This would be a chance to actually prove his worth to the Clan, passing down the skills that he had learned to his apprentice.

He glanced around, looking for Tallpaw, but wasn't able to locate him. Brambleheart had just seen him a couple moments ago. He frowned, not sure where the young tom had ventured off to. He shrugged and turned back to Kestrelstar. There would be time to see Tallpaw later.
Angelique

spade
May 13th, 2021, 07:50 PM
Ah, it seemed the little pipsqueak had decided to show up. Under normal circumstances, Kestrelstar would've been furious. No tact to show up on time? Why even be made an apprentice then? But with everything that had happened, the leader just gave a nod to Frogkit before glancing around.

There was one cat he wanted to bridge the gap between. Perhaps an apprentice would do that... RiverClan needed unity over all.

"Frogkit [ Willowfern ], until your training is complete you will be known as Frogpaw. Starlingflight [ Tiabirb ]," he swung his yellow gaze to the warrior who sat alone now. He knew they differed on opinions but maybe this would bring back the strength of being together. "She will be your mentor. There is much she can pass down to you. Learn well and pay attention."

Tiabirb
May 13th, 2021, 08:28 PM
Frogpaw. A little tardy but- WHAT?! Kestrelstar's words sank in, and Starlingflight had to take a few moments to realize it had been her name called after. Her?! What in the name of- Starlingflight had not expected this. She had never actively sought an apprentice. Now she was...a mentor? Lurching to her paws, Starlingflight slowly weaved her way to the front. She stared at Kestrelstar like he had sprouted rabbit ears, and then down to Frogpaw. After forty-six moons, she was receiving her first apprentice....

Blast! At least the previous leaders had spared her this! It was evident that Starlingflight felt awkward and uncomfortable. Many of the Clan would like to tear her fur off after this meeting, she felt, and she was being given an apprentice?

When words did reach her, Starlingflight's voice was a rasp, "I..thank you, Kestrelstar.." Did she really mean that? Looking down at Frogpaw, Starlingflight felt apprehension gnaw at her belly. He was so young, so tiny. What if she failed? What if...

No! Stop that! Starlingflight scolded herself, and finally, she bent her head to greet Frogpaw. "I'll do my best, little one." She promised quietly to the new apprentice.

Willowfern

FireyZack
May 13th, 2021, 09:19 PM
Fawnpaw slid through the camp entrance, Twigpaw right on his tail. Great! Now they were late! This was absolutely Twigpaws fault and Fawnpaw refused to take any responsibility for it!

Fawnhearted
May 13th, 2021, 09:28 PM
Mistpaw

Mistpaw sat for the rest of the announcements, not sure quite what to say, but made sure she called out the names of the new apprentices with fake enthusiasm.

Violetkit

She poked her head out of the nursery to hear the rest of the announcements, happily calling the names of the new apprentices now that her panic attack was over.

jimothy
May 13th, 2021, 10:14 PM
Redkit, or Redpaw's, eyes widened. He was an apprentice! And his mentor was none other than Firesweep. He turned, staring up at the warrior, before touching noses with him. (Or at least, trying to reach his nose)

For such a turbulent night, Firesweep quickly eases his plumed tail with resolve. He raises his chin in acknowledgment of Krestelstar's recognition, and meets with Redpaw to touch noses, hoping a small smile would express enthusiasm for his apprenticeship amidst these tense events.

Sklee
May 13th, 2021, 10:46 PM
Amberpaw just sat in the back. It wasn’t her place to say anything. She should have been there. But she wasn’t.

plum
May 13th, 2021, 11:08 PM
It was difficult to shut out the sounds of her Clanmates shouting over one another. Who was right, who didn't know better. What Lionstorm and Fawnsqueak would have wanted... Her powder blue eyes find the warrior who said that and stay on the molly for a heartbeat before Plumpaw forces herself to look away. Jerking herself away from the bodies, she sits down.

Although she wasn't far, she felt easier not... Not observing them. She nods once to Kestrelstar when he commands that she accompany the burial, her attention floating to the distraught apprentice who demands to join in. Was that another one of Lionstorm's entourage? How many of RiverClan did the tom have under his wing? She frowns and hesitates before lifting her muzzle.

"Sunpaw, come over here. Sit with me."

He didn't have to accept her invitation, but they could certainly hurt together. It was befitting of Lionstorm's apprentices. All they were missing was Spiderpaw. The silver mau hadn't seen that one yet, but maybe she'd get the picture and join them.

The meeting progresses. Plumpaw hopes that it spells out a quieter later half of the meeting. Even if it was tense, calm was calm. And the she-cat didn't think she would be able to keep hers for much longer if anyone else had something to say about the cat that gave her a second life, or the Clan she'd come from.
[ Shimm in case you want sun to chill with the cool kid - open to anythin else ]

teddy.
May 14th, 2021, 04:31 AM
╰┈➤ Bumblebelly | Jackpot

The tom was... drastically late to the meeting. Oh gosh, he hoped nobody noticed.
Sweet pollen clung to his dark charcoal coloured pelt, a heat to his tufty cheeks as the tom came trotting up into the clearing and to the streams tones.

Large ears were quick to hear his name and that of an apprentice following it. Every inch of Bumblebelly perked up, the soft time grinning widely. "An apprentice!" His voice practically boomed across the clearing, "Oh how exciting! Chivepaw, dear?" He called the apprentices name out loud and proud like, eyes scanning the clearing for a cat who would suit the name.

fallepoch
May 14th, 2021, 08:42 AM
﹁ Tinytiger ﹂

Fernstream stole his attention as she padded up, seemingly spouting something about the noise. It didn't quite register. She looked annoyed - hopefully not at him.

"Oh- um... I-" Pulling his focus away from the leader let everything crash down onto him again. Everything was so loud, fighting for room in his brain and leaving nothing for his own thoughts. Although he wasn't cold, Tinytiger began to shiver.

"I- uh..." He tried to speak all the same, it would be awful rude to just ignore her, wouldn't it? "I don't know... P- people are upset. R- r- rightfully, I think?"

‣ Stormpoppy

SilverSketches
May 14th, 2021, 11:07 AM
Reedkit was sitting next to his mother in the nursery, his dark orange-red fur was smooth. He looked at the newer apperentices wishing he could be big like them and that he will get a great mentor.

spade
May 14th, 2021, 02:14 PM
With the kits out of the way, Kestrelstar was now onto the next part of the meeting. A majority of warriors had recently gone missing, and that put a halt to multiple apprentices' trainings. This angered the gray tabby, especially now when RiverClan could use all the warriors they could get.

"For some of you, it appears your mentor has decided that their loyalty lies elsewhere, packing up and leaving RiverClan," the leader stated, not bothering to hide the disdain from his voice. "I will be reassigning your mentors, but if you run into the same issues, I need to know."

"Lakepaw [ Star Dashie ] your training will be continued by Sedgestorm [ Rainquail ]."

"Aspenpaw [ feather lily ] I trust that Dusksong [ Pheasantflight ] will see to it that your training is completed."

"Drizzlepaw [ Shimm ] you'll be finishing up with Bumblestep [ Rockfall ]."

"Streampaw [ Lil sagun owl ] your new mentor will be Stormtalon [ Redtalon ]."

"Twigpaw [ FireyZack ] you'll be finishing training with Aspenleaf [ Sparrowsong and Co. ]."

"Littlepaw [ feather lily ], I'm certain that Kestrelsplash [ AntiAngelic ]-" Goodness another one? Kestrelstar was not a fan of duplicate names, "will complete your training."

"Reedpaw [ Kyrieknight ] you'll finish up with Lizardfrost [ Shade. ]."

And finally, the last apprentice. Kestrelstar's eye srested on the grief stricken tom as he hunched over his mentors body. The young tom who Lionstorm had taken on as an apprentice. He'd watched his training a bit, and knew that he was shaping up to be a rather valuable RiverClan warrior. "Sunpaw [ Shimm ]," he began, locking eyes with the tom. "Your mentor was taken from you far too soon. I share in your grief. I will be overseeing the rest of your training, to continue Lionstorm's work." That would make three apprentices for him, but Nightpaw was nearing the end of her training, so soon it would leave an empty space.

Plus, Kestrelstar didn't exactly trust anyone to fulfil the greatness that Lionstorm had instilled in Sunpaw. He wanted to make sure the young tom reached his full potential.

"We also have a new apprentice who has joined our ranks - Fizzlepaw [ Angelique ] from this day forward you will be a RiverClan apprentice known as Brightpaw. I see that you've already grown accustomed to Gentlefoot [ Moon Kit ] so they will be your mentor. I'm certain she can handle two apprentices." Kestrelstar debated on if he should include the Clan that the newly named Brightpaw had come from. "He comes to us from ThunderClan - however, no harm is to come to him.." He gave a small nod to the young tom and his mentor.

gs29513 Rani hope Exis Papaya Puddle~ Zesty Mango Willowfern Angelique The Flying Pizza elysian ~Fierceclaw~ Dizerel Oakpaw1 Lavender'fur Starfall EriBarry QueenCocaHead fallepoch GT_Wolf Aquilex Zero Peril PeachesAndPies Kunaiskrill Silverfur & Co Fuzzy WCF135 Adelia Bread Swiftbreeze_41 FrostCat Rxmulus Cobra implimm shaded shadow -Skyfall- Tiabirb MooingPanda Appleheart AppleCat4 finn. Estelle Jackpot WinterRabbit5350 Cherry_Jay Fawnhearted littlelove kieryn Sklee leopardstrike4 Stormpoppy DelberCrankToggle vermin xXFallenheartXx Kai Peril Yeetus Feetus -Ash- PEPPERMINT~ windtail Dahliamoon Topaztaill Feathercreek 1NF1N1TE Bonehead Tigerscratcher mudblack TheCorruptedSoul BristleFrost Twilight Wing Dragonshifter 0live SilverSketches jimothy r1verstone Comet

SilverSketches
May 14th, 2021, 02:17 PM
Reedkit flicked his ears, "Man i wish i could be an apprentice" he thought to himself

Shade.
May 14th, 2021, 02:18 PM
Kyrieknight

Lizardfrost, recently recovered from greencough, was recieving her first apprentice. It was an important part of her life as a warrior. After her feelings of failure and even demotion she was as loyal as ever and back to her emotionless, stable self.

She walked over to the cat that was adressed.

Silverfur & Co
May 14th, 2021, 02:20 PM
Snowstripe looked at the clan and nods. She chanted the news cats names and then congratulated others.

VexSkullz
May 14th, 2021, 02:21 PM
Oh! Kestrelsplash felt his paws tingle with anticipation. Yes! He got an Apprentice! He looked around before he began looking for Littlepaw. He was excited to begin training as soon as possible! He'd teach them all he knew and make them a powerful future Warrior!
feather lily

Akira
May 14th, 2021, 02:22 PM
Kyrieknight

Lizardfrost, recently recovered from greencough, was recieving her first apprentice. It was an important part of her life as a warrior. After her feelings of failure and even demotion she was as loyal as ever and back to her emotionless, stable self.

She walked over to the cat that was adressed.
Reedpaw padded over, tilting his head. He was somewhat confused with the whole ordeal, but that was fine. "Hi! Nice to meet you!" He greeted Lizardfrost enthusiastically.

Shade.
May 14th, 2021, 02:26 PM
Reedpaw padded over, tilting his head. He was somewhat confused with the whole ordeal, but that was fine. "Hi! Nice to meet you!" He greeted Lizardfrost enthusiastically.

Lizardfrost, a tall and muscular cat despite her recent illness, bent down and quickly touched noses with the apprentice.
"Reedpaw. I will be responsible for the rest of your training. Come." she said and sat back into the crowd.

Madelaine
May 14th, 2021, 02:28 PM
Fizzlepaw.... wait no Brightpaw looked up. He would have to get used to calling himself that. He was so used to refering himself as Fizzle. Soon his eyes brightened when he heard that his friend was to finish his training. The tom bounced over to Gentlefoot. "Gentlefoot Bright's mentor!!!", je meowed in ecitement.

// Moon Kit; \\

Jade13
May 14th, 2021, 02:32 PM
Oh! Kestrelsplash felt his paws tingle with anticipation. Yes! He got an Apprentice! He looked around before he began looking for Littlepaw. He was excited to begin training as soon as possible! He'd teach them all he knew and make them a powerful future Warrior!
feather lily

littlepaw looked around and spotted his mentor, he guessed his last one left because of his awsome pranks! he ran over to whats his name hi! im littlepaw he said puffing out his chest to make him look bigger

Akira
May 14th, 2021, 02:42 PM
Lizardfrost, a tall and muscular cat despite her recent illness, bent down and quickly touched noses with the apprentice.
"Reedpaw. I will be responsible for the rest of your training. Come." she said and sat back into the crowd.
Reedpaw nodded and followed his new mentor, sitting beside her. Even if she had been sick, she was okay now, so that meant she was strong, right? He wanted to be strong, too! He'd impress his mentor this time!

VexSkullz
May 14th, 2021, 03:08 PM
littlepaw looked around and spotted his mentor, he guessed his last one left because of his awsome pranks! he ran over to whats his name hi! im littlepaw he said puffing out his chest to make him look bigger

Kestrelsplash purred as the tom puffed out his chest fur. Wasn't this a cute little thing? "Hey, Littlepaw! My name's Kestrelsplash, and I'm happy to be your Mentor! Do you want to train right now or a little later? I want to teach you so much!" Giving the Apprentice a touch with his nose onto Littlepaw's ear, his tail waved and his eyes glowed with satisfaction. This was his duty; to make another RiverClan Warrior the others can be proud of!

Jade13
May 14th, 2021, 03:11 PM
Kestrelsplash purred as the tom puffed out his chest fur. Wasn't this a cute little thing? "Hey, Littlepaw! My name's Kestrelsplash, and I'm happy to be your Mentor! Do you want to train right now or a little later? I want to teach you so much!" Giving the Apprentice a touch with his nose onto Littlepaw's ear, his tail waved and his eyes glowed with satisfaction. This was his duty; to make another RiverClan Warrior the others can be proud of!

right now he said looking at the tom, he had to get info on fears and stuff that annoyed or scared him, oh what fun it would be to prank this cat!

VexSkullz
May 14th, 2021, 03:15 PM
right now he said looking at the tom, he had to get info on fears and stuff that annoyed or scared him, oh what fun it would be to prank this cat!

Alright! Kestrelsplash motioned for Littlepaw to follow, watching his paws as he maneuvered his way through the small crowd of cats to the entrance of camp.

|| Would you like me to make a private thread or just make a starting post in the RiverClan Training thread? ||

spade
May 14th, 2021, 03:31 PM
There was one more thing he had to do. Perhaps the most important part of this meeting. Kestrelstar let his gaze rest on the two she-cats, one of whom hadn't moved from her fallen mentor. He didn't know her too well, but Lionstorm had seen great potential in her, and he knew that she would make a wonderful addition to RiverClan's warrior ranks.

He hadn't seen the other apprentice, but perhaps she had just gotten lost in all the chaos. Regardless, Kestrelstar planned to call them both forward.

"There is one more ceremony I need to perform - and it's rather long overdue," he called above RiverClan, lifting his tail. "Plumpaw [ implimm ] and Spiderpaw [ hope ], step forward."

Tiabirb
May 14th, 2021, 03:49 PM
Starlingflight looked up as Kestrelstar announced another ceremony, and she looked over to the apprentices called. More warriors, more apprentices. Kestrelstar definitely seemed intent on bulking their ranks in just one sitting.

Kunaisoul
May 14th, 2021, 03:50 PM
She let out a long, ahhh as she knew her mentor wasn’t going to be changed.

carmen
May 14th, 2021, 04:04 PM
feather lily
Dusksong's head jerked up. Please, please, please! She listened as Kestrelstar apprenticed the new kits. Ugh, no! Her name had been skipped over. Ad right after her display of ultimate loyalty! What did she do wrong? Then the leader started speaking again. Why had they left? Deserters. She snorted in contempt. Then her name was called. Dusksong raised her head. She was getting an apprentice? Really? Awesome! Wait, what if this 'Aspenpaw' didn't like her? Oh no. Aspenpaw, Aspenleaf. Aspenleaf is so annoying. She looked around for her new apprentice. Where were they? They better come up to her. Dusksong was not going looking.

Willowfern
May 14th, 2021, 04:09 PM
Tiabirb

Frogkit- oh wait, He’s a ‘paw now.

Frogpaw stared up at his new mentor, his knees shaking,
“I-I’ll also do my best to be a great apprentice Starlingfli-“ His words cut-off with a squeak as he spotted a cat out of the corner of his eye,
Oh no! He thought fearfully, It’s the spirit cat again!
The starry feline walked right through his clan mates and crossed the clearing, it’s eyes blank and boring.
My mentor’s going to think I’m a stupid freak if I just stand here and gawk at nothing, He reminded himself, so he snapped out of it and smiled back up at his mentor, “I promise I’ll be a great apprentice, and a normal one at that,” He hoped she hadn’t noticed his... oddities yet.

Jade13
May 14th, 2021, 04:12 PM
feather lily
Dusksong's head jerked up. Please, please, please! She listened as Kestrelstar apprenticed the new kits. Ugh, no! Her name had been skipped over. Ad right after her display of ultimate loyalty! What did she do wrong? Then the leader started speaking again. Why had they left? Deserters. She snorted in contempt. Then her name was called. Dusksong raised her head. She was getting an apprentice? Really? Awesome! Wait, what if this 'Aspenpaw' didn't like her? Oh no. Aspenpaw, Aspenleaf. Aspenleaf is so annoying. She looked around for her new apprentice. Where were they? They better come up to her. Dusksong was not going looking.

Aspenpaw looked around shyly he then spotted his mentor who didn’t seem Interested in walking up to him, he got up slowly and walked over h-hi, I guess your my mentor he said not making eye contact

SilverMuffin
May 14th, 2021, 04:16 PM
Mossyhaze watched the apprentices being assigned mentors. Despite the fact that the apprentices were being assigned to warriors much more experienced than he was, he felt jealousy rise in his chest. Why couldn't he get an apprentice? He thought shamefully. He works hard, tries to go on as many patrols as he can. So why didn't his leader see that and assign him a mentor.

He looked away sadly, preventing himself from letting out a sigh. He felt rejected in some odd way. He couldn't let his clanmates see him so sad at a simple ceremony though. He walked over to the warriors, letting out a loud purr to the apprentices of congratulations.

Tiabirb
May 14th, 2021, 04:17 PM
Tiabirb

Frogkit- oh wait, He’s a ‘paw now.

Frogpaw stared up at his new mentor, his knees shaking,
“I-I’ll also do my best to be a great apprentice Starlingfli-“ His words cut-off with a squeak as he spotted a cat out of the corner of his eye,
Oh no! He thought fearfully, It’s the spirit cat again!
The starry feline walked right through his clan mates and crossed the clearing, it’s eyes blank and boring.
My mentor’s going to think I’m a stupid freak if I just stand here and gawk at nothing, He reminded himself, so he snapped out of it and smiled back up at his mentor, “I promise I’ll be a great apprentice, and a normal one at that,” He hoped she hadn’t noticed his... oddities yet.

Hm, he was a nervous one. Starlingflight's gaze narrowed to study him a bit. Why was he so shaken? But he had spirit, which was good. "Trust me, little one. If there is such a thing as 'normal', it doesn't exist in this Clan." Her tone was a little cold, but it was gentle nonetheless in the hushed whisper it was in. "You just worry about doing your best, and I will teach you everything I know." She choked out a purr. Ugh, why was this so hard?

"After the meeting, um...perhaps I can take you out for..." What did she do first? Swimming lessons? Yes. Definitely those. She would hate to see a cat so small get swallowed by the river...again. She didn't think she could survive it. Swimming was definitely the first on her to do list. "Swimming. Normally a new apprentice gets a tour of the territory, but swimming is much more important to learn, I think." With that, she gently rested her tail on her apprentice's shoulders, "Now let's be quiet so Kestrelstar can continue." She murmured, touching her nose to Frogpaw's in the traditional greeting of mentor and apprentice.

//Ah, no problem! He might find Starling a little cold and distant at times, but she has her own reasons for that! But if he can see spirits, then that opens up something for Starlingflight and him to do later <3

dino.
May 14th, 2021, 04:28 PM
// Akushi hinata

>Goosefury<
His name was called... an apprentice? Kestrelstar had to be kidding. An apprentice, at this time of all times.

He turned his head to look at Sleetpaw, not getting up to meet him but blinking at him slowly and giving him a short nod. They'd go out for training later, maybe."

iliri
May 14th, 2021, 04:31 PM
Oh. Sedgestorm. She started to growl underneath her breath. She..had heard some things about him. Hopefully he wouldn't be a cat that would straight up abandon her like her old mentors have. Lakepaw started to pad over towards the feline. "Hello..Sedgestorm." Her tone was filled with pure malice, the 8 moon old molly was NOT in the best mood at all Rainquail

carmen
May 14th, 2021, 05:48 PM
feather lily
She snorted softly and looked in his direction. "I guess you're my apprentice." Dusksong wasn't pleased, exactly, she was more, gently aggravated. She frowned. Since when do you care anything about weak cats? Dusksong shook out her head and looked back up at the leader. Was he finished speaking? Eh, no. She wasn't sure if he was or not, but she needed to talk. Leaning over with her eyes still staring at the higher ranks, she whispered, "What do you think about this here situation?" To be a good mentor Dusksong knew she had to be on the same side as the younger tom.

plum
May 14th, 2021, 06:04 PM
She remains still, having mastered the art of ignoring any further comments or arguments over their dead Clanmates. But she wasn't so cold as to ignore the new leader's summons for her up front. Frosty eyes meet his for an instant, and then she nods.
It was a long time coming. She was old enough to be a mentor herself, now. To be a new queen even, if she'd ever met a suitor. She was old enough to find a way to bring Lionstorm and Fawnsqueak to rest.
Plumpaw rises to her feet and calmly pads between the gathered cats until she is beneath the streamstone. The silver mau ducks her head to give her chest a couple of licks, then lifts it high, feeling proud and a little bit indignant. She hoped Spiderpaw would take her place beside her. The ever so absent molly, the one she was meant to befriend and stick with, by their mentor's suggestion. They had dreadfully little in common to share, except for the one cat who had held this whole Clan together for so long. She could pick out the individual cats whom he'd saved, or touched in some way or another. But wouldn't that take too long?
Taking a slow, deep breath, the apprentice waits. Kestrelstar rose on the updraft of change. For better or for worse, she would pledge herself to it.
[ hope ]

panchiko
May 14th, 2021, 07:03 PM
Spiderpaw found her way to the back of the gathered cats. She was a little late to the meeting, but she was sure it wouldn’t really matter, since she believed it to be like any regular ol’ one. At first, she didn’t register that it was Lion’s body there in the clearing. She didn’t register that it was a body at all, just.. a mass -no, two-, blocking view of the floor. And then it hit her all at once that it was a body, and it was him. Or maybe it wasn’t him. A lookalike. Lionstorm couldn’t die… he was the only one she’d properly known for ages. since she was like,, six. he’d always been there like the awesome nerd he was. She talked and talked about him being Fartstorm, the stinky dummy, but it was all fun, jokes, games. The thought never once crossed her mind that he'd be gone, just like that…..

For a hot minute she didn’t move as one tear and then another slipped down her cheek, but the sadness quickly flamed into harsh anger. She dug her claws into the dirt to keep her from lashing out, feeling the earth stir under her paws. Her anger was fueled even more as she heard her clanmates argue about if ThunderClan had really done it and if it was worth fighting for. Really? Their leader came with two bodies of well-respected cats, with evidence that ThunderClan was to blame, and their first instinct was to refute the evidence and cower? What a joke. She was sure those Thunderjerks had done it or they’d had something to do with it. They’d pay for it, whether with a clan-wide attack or with Spiderpaw doing it herself, goddamn it.

She let the anger fester as the meeting continued, tuning out the world, and was subsequently taken aback when her name was called. She didn’t know who’d said it or why, and was flustered before she realized that Plumpaw was stepping forward. Although she liked the Plumster, they had little in common, so she put two and two together and figured it was finally their ceremony. She found it hard to feel excited, considering.. yeah. The apprentice stepped forward anyway, taking her place next to Plum. If there was any time to be excited it was now, after alllll of these moons, so she let herself muster up the bland thought of ‘hell yeah’. The curiosity of what her name would be sat neglected in the back of her mind.

Sklee
May 14th, 2021, 08:21 PM
Amberpaw yowled their names this time. Despite how bad she felt about it, they still deserved to be welcomed as apprentices like she was.

spade
May 14th, 2021, 08:37 PM
Looking down on the two she-cats, just about his age or a little younger, Kestrelstar felt grief for their loss. Lionstorm should've been the one to do their ceremonies. He should be here to see this. The new leader felt as though part of him was intruding on a private moment meant for mentor and apprentice. Nothing the gray tabby could say or do during this meeting would bring Lionstorm back for them, so they could really feel pride in becoming warriors. Not this... this dark plague that seemed to be hanging over the entire Clan.

Leaping down from the Streamstone, Kestrelstar approached the two apprentices, holding both of their gazes. His yellow gaze reflected their anger and grief, and for a moment he let silence fall between them. This was not how this was suppose to go. At all. Just an example of more that ThunderClan had violently ripped away from RiverClan.

"I, Kestrelstar, leader of RiverClan, call upon our past warriors to look down on these apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of the warrior code, and I commend them to you as warriors in their turn." It should be obvious by now that Kestrelstar wasn't big on the traditional wordings of the ceremonies, what with his faith in StarClan not as ever present as some of his Clanmates.

Gaze flickering between Plumpaw and Spiderpaw, he continued, "Plumpaw. Spiderpaw. Lionstorm did well in training you both. I am certain you both will be excellent additions to the rank of warriors in RiverClan. Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

implimm hope

plum
May 14th, 2021, 09:50 PM
She'd made it.

Plumpaw feels herself release a breath she'd not known she was holding as Spiderpaw steps up beside her. She stares at the other molly for a long heartbeat, unsure of what to say, or if there was anything to be said. Maybe there wasn't. The two of them only knew one another's names, after all. Still, the silver feline offers up a slow nod of recognition. Here they were, Plumpaw and Spiderpaw.

Turning back to face Kestrelstar, she listens to the words as old as time itself. A ceremony that felt... Off, today. Somehow, the meaning behind them was different. This wasn't happy. It wasn't hard, but it wasn't happy. Plumpaw wonders if she'd have ever felt so resolute at her warrior ceremony with any other possible paths she might have taken. If it were Duskstar giving her a name, or Buckstar if she'd stayed. Or, if Lionstorm was alive and sitting somewhere close, watching. It felt like something big was happening. It felt like something was going to change soon, something more than just what her Clanmates called her.

"I do," she meows confidently.

panchiko
May 14th, 2021, 09:56 PM
She’d rehearsed this scene a thousand times before. Thought about every which way it could happen. Dreamed about it, even. None of it had prepared her for this. She’d envisioned a day she’d wake up and be excited for. She’d step up in front of whichever leader, all happy and proud and like there was nothing more exciting in the world, say ‘I do’, and get her name. She’d step back and wait for the meeting to end, brag to everyone, and give Lion a hug for finnnallly getting her through her training. That idea was crushed more and more each second she stood here with him gone. She appreciated Kestrelstar’s sentiment but if he continued being so supportive she was going to have a hard time keeping it together, and that couldn’t happen. Not in front of everyone.

She offered Plumpaw a halfhearted attempt at a smile, nodding back. It was nice to be up here with someone, however faintly they were acquainted.

The moment she’d looked forward to for so long was now a moment she wanted to speed through and forget about, but she knew she couldn’t do that to herself. Becoming a warrior would make Lion proud, maybe, she hoped, so she would take pride in having the opportunity to say the next two words — “I do.” Spiderpaw's voice had cracked, but at least it'd been done.

Her eyes never left Kestrelstar's for a second because if she was reminded of the outside world, the reality would threaten to crush her yet again.

FireyZack
May 14th, 2021, 10:08 PM
Fawnpaw's eyes widened when Fizzlepaw... well, Brightpaw... came into the picture. Wasn't that the cat he'd met at the Thunderclan border? It all made sense now! Maybe he was asking all those weird questions because he wanted to be in Riverclan!

~~~

Sparrowsong and Co.

Twigpaw snorted and walked away from his... friend? If you could call it that, anyway... and looked around for his new mentor. Oh Starclan, another one! Hopefully this one wouldn't be absolute garbage...

~~~

Ghostkit peeked out of the nursery shyly. Where had Deerwing gone? It was super dark and the sun was gone and every cat was in the clearing and Snakeheart didn't look happy and... Where was Lionstorm? Tiny, tired eyes peered around in search of the leader, only to find Mr. Kestrel-sir on top of the big rock thingy. What was he doing up there? The genderless alien dragged xemself closer to the crowd, craning xyr neck so that xyr droopy little eyes could peer up at the rock.
(OPEN FOR INTERACTIONS WITH GHOSTKIT)

spade
May 14th, 2021, 10:54 PM
He didn't show it too much, but Kestrelstar was proud, despite his loose ties with the two apprentices. If only Lionstorm could see them... how proud he would be. Two new warriors, ready to step into themselves and become full fledged members of RiverClan. No doubt that whatever path lay ahead of them would be rocky and tough, but the leader had confidence that their paws would not falter, nor their loyalty waiver. They were RiverClan through and through.

hope implimm
"Then by my power as leader I give you your warrior names. Plumpaw, Spiderpaw, from this day forward you will be known as Plumstorm and Spiderstorm," he paused for a bit to linger on the names, knowing that the two now had more in common than just being Lionstorm's apprentices. He'd given quite a bit of thought to what their names might be while rambling through the other ceremonies. This just felt right, as if Lionstorm's legacy would now be carried by the two he'd taken under his wing. "Plumstorm, we honor your resilience and candidness. Spiderstorm, we honor your determination and enthusiasm. RiverClan welcomes you both as full warriors of the Clan."

Moving forward, Kestrelstar first gave Plumstorm a lick on her head to signal the age-old tradition of removing the old name to welcome in the new. He then did the same with Spiderstorm, stepping back to nod silently to them.

This was there moment. Cheers would erupt at any moment, and the leader wanted them to drink up every second of it. After this the meeting would be dismissed, and reality... well, it would be there waiting.

≋ ≋ ≋

As the cheering calmed down, Kestrelstar lifted his tail to signal for RiverClan's attention. "Tonight, we will hold vigil for both Lionstorm and Fawnsqueak, and at dawn myself and a few others will lay them to rest." He swept his gaze across his Clan, a mixture of emotions riding off them. "Fear not, RiverClan. We are strong. This is not the end of an era; it is the beginning of one."

With a nod, he signaled the dismissal of the meeting, making his way on sore pads to where Lionstorm and Fawnsqueak lay, limbs setting him down next to the two fallen Clanmates.

gs29513 Rani Exis Papaya Puddle~ Shade. Zesty Mango Rainquail Willowfern Angelique The Flying Pizza elysian Rockfall ~Fierceclaw~ Dizerel AntiAngelic Oakpaw1 Lavender'fur @Lil sagun owl Starfall EriBarry QueenCocaHead fallepoch GT_Wolf Kyrieknight Aquilex Shimm Zero Peril PeachesAndPies Kunaiskrill Silverfur & Co Fuzzy WCF135 Pheasantflight Adelia Bread Swiftbreeze_41 FrostCat Rxmulus Cobra shaded shadow -Skyfall- Redtalon Sparrowsong and Co. Tiabirb MooingPanda Appleheart AppleCat4 finn. Estelle Star Dashie Jackpot WinterRabbit5350 Cherry_Jay Fawnhearted feather lily littlelove FireyZack kieryn Sklee leopardstrike4 Stormpoppy DelberCrankToggle vermin xXFallenheartXx Kai Peril Yeetus Feetus -Ash- PEPPERMINT~ windtail Dahliamoon Topaztaill Feathercreek 1NF1N1TE Bonehead Tigerscratcher mudblack TheCorruptedSoul BristleFrost Twilight Wing Dragonshifter 0live SilverSketches jimothy r1verstone Comet

Raven~
May 14th, 2021, 10:58 PM
"Plumstorm! Spiderstorm!" Palebrook cheered for the apprentices, remembering her own ceremony. Though, at the same time, she grieved for Lionstorm and Fawnsqueak.

Sklee
May 14th, 2021, 10:59 PM
Amberpaw yowled out the names, as she should. She wasn’t going to deny them their right. She shouldn’t even....... ugh. She was going to. She slowly walked up to Kestrelstar. She needed to apologize, and maybe even leave.

Rani
May 14th, 2021, 11:34 PM
The medicine cats initial burst of fury faded fast energy waning as he slumped again leaning into his mothers side once more as his nose returned to the bloodied pelt in front of him. He just didnt have the ability to be angry in a way that was needed right now, the weight of sorrow was just too much. He couldnt care about the yelling, about the cowards who werent willing to do what was necessary right now. They werent his responsibility anymore anyway, Kestrelstar had the unfortunate job of dealing with the uncooperative cats who didnt seem to want to lift a paw for their clan but would expend any amount of energy for the sake of another that only brought pain. Snakeheart was the medicine cat and that is what he had to focus on.

And right now he had to focus on the two dead warriors burial. Most cats he burried in the sleepy thicket, riverclans unofficial graveyard but it just didnt feel right in this situation. Firehawk was in a place that suited him, lain to rest under a great oak tree whos leaves looked like fire in the light, but Lionstorm and Fawnsqeak werent him. Fawnsqueak always seemed like the open sky to Snakeheart where the golden warrior was the sea. Ah that was it:

"All those not appart of the burial group who wish to pay their respects do so now. Kestrelstar, Goosefury, Plumstorm and Sunpaw once everyone had a chance to say goodbye and Ive grabbed what I need we'll be taking the bodies to the cliff over the ocean and the lionsbeach. I can think of no better place for them to rest."

With that the medicine cat stood and began padding to his den to grab the fragrant flowers gathered for just this purpose. The medicine cat wouldnt stand the scent of death and thunderclan staining the warriors pelt in the last memory any of his clanmates would ever had of them. Still before he forgot the tom turned back and let out a soft;
"Congratulations Plumstorm and Spiderstorm, you'll do great things for the clan."

Still it wasnt long ago until he was gently rubbing the flowers over the warriors pelt sitting slightly to the side to allow cats that wished to morn to do so.

spade Papaya implimm Shimm

Lavender'fur
May 15th, 2021, 01:49 AM
;Hawkwhisker;
"Plumstorm! Spiderstorm!" he called, his brain lingering on their name they share with Lionstorm. He got up.
"I better pay my respects," he muttered, and walked slowly towards the bodies of Lionstorm and Fawnsqueak, crouching near Lionstorm. He made sure to leave space nearer to the dead warrior so that those closer to him could share his final night.
"He was an amazing leader. No cat could have asked for one better,"

iliri
May 15th, 2021, 05:47 AM
Even though Lakepaw didn't really that much care, she went ahead and yowled out the two warriors' names, "Plumstorm! Spiderstorm!" She then looked over at the two dead bodies. The molly felt just more rage running through her body when she looked at the two deceased cats. ThunderClan will pay for what they have done, She went ahead and padded over, sitting down beside them. "They were..great cats." Lakepaw pointed out flatly. She really wasn't great at these types of things. So that was all that she..really had.

starry
May 15th, 2021, 05:55 AM
Fernstream nodded. "Yes, they have a reason to be loud." the queen meowed. "But you did seem annoyed too. I mean, you'd think mourning is done silently." She didn't think this was the kind of mourning Lionstorm and Fawnsqueak deserved. "Also, they should've listened to Kestrelstar, and then mourned."

// fallepoch

gs29513
May 15th, 2021, 06:45 AM
Splashleap wasn't exactly surprised when Kestrelstar called Plumpaw and Spiderpaw forward for their ceremonies. After all, they had been apprentices for quite a long time, and from what she knew could definitely handle themselves in a fight or on hunting patrol. They would make good warriors, and she was glad that the clan had something to celebrate, something that wasn't just more apprentices. Because apprentices definitely came a lot faster than they became warriors. They seemed to disappear faster than they became warriors as well. Here one minute, gone the next.

The grief of the day didn't mean she couldn't be glad for Spiderstorm and Plumstorm though. Her muzzle tipping towards the sky, Splashleap chanted the new warriors names, along with every other cat. Spiderstorm! Plumstorm! Spiderstorm! Plumstorm! At least something good would come out of today, even if it would be remembered for the grief and screaming. Snakeheart's announcement about when they would be taking the bodies for burial shook her into action, getting to her feet swiftly. She would have to pay her respects to Lionstorm and Fawnsqueak, and then speak with Kestrelstar.

The momentary happiness gone, Splashleap padded towards the bodies. Dipping her head slightly to touch her nose to Lionstorm, and then Fawnsqueak's pelts, she murmured softly You will be remembered, and missed. And avenged. she added silently, knowing that at least half the clan would want to get revenge on Thunderclan for what had happened. Even with the herbs Snakeheart rubbed into their fur, she could smell the tang of blood, and the musk of Thunderclan. It was faint, but it was there. And if anything was going to cause a problem, that was it.

Tiabirb
May 15th, 2021, 07:02 AM
"Plumstorm, Spiderstorm!" Starlingflight called out the new warriors' names with her Clanmates.

CroissantKitty
May 15th, 2021, 07:19 AM
“Plumstorm, Spiderstorm!” Aspenleaf called.

dino.
May 15th, 2021, 07:23 AM
>Goosefury<
Two new warriors. Both named -storm. Goosefury blinked at the ceremony briefly before turning back to the bodies beside him and laying his forehead against Lionstorm and then Fawnsqueak. "Dearest friends," he murmured, "You were RiverClan's greatest. I promise ThunderClan will pay for their transgressions. Your deaths will not go unavenged."

Even if he had to make sure of it by himself.

carmen
May 15th, 2021, 07:24 AM
Plumstorm and Spiderstorm. Bristletail couldn't help but feel bad for the pair of new warriors. This was the worst day for someone to be made a warrior. Instead of it being remembered as a day Plumstorm and Spiderstorm proved themselves, it would be remembered as the day that Lionstorm and Fawnspeak had died, and their memory was being honoured by the makings of new warriors. At gatherings, the other will only think about how they were named after Lionstorm and not because of their own achievements. She shook her head sadly, but still joined in on the cheers. This was Spiderstorm and Plumstorm's moment, and she wasn't going to ruin it for them.

"Plumstorm, Spiderstorm, Plumstorm, Spiderstorm!" Bristletail yowled along with the rest of the clan. It seemed like a worthy distraction for the clan. Then Kestrelstar had to go and bring up the deaths. She shivered a bit. Bristletail wouldn't be part of the burial. That was a job for those closest to him, to Fawnsqueak. Fawnspeaks death was touchy, he was already being overshadowed by Lionstorm. To cats named after their temporary leader, none named after their former deputy. That seemed unfair, he had already been eclipsed.

This is not the end of an era, this is the beginning of one. At that moment, Bristletail knew that Kestrelstar would be the greatest leader Riverclan had ever known. On one of his first nights as a leader, there were two murders, deaths. Deaths of some of the most influential people of Riverclan. She smiled at the leader. He had been through a lot and apprenticed nearly half the clan already. He would do great. That was, as long as Rivercaln didn't go to war with Thunderclan. That would end in disaster. I hope this we find out what Thunderclan says first. After that, I'll go into battle, no matter the circumstances.

She dust-furred she-cat pressed her nose into Fawnspeaks fur. Most cats were crowded around Lionstorm, she needed to make sure the other tom wasn't forgotten. "May Starclan guide you." She muttered it so quietly, it barely came out of her mouth, and the words didn't pass Fawnsqueaks fur. "May you live on forever in the land of the stars."

|:|OPEN|:|

plum
May 15th, 2021, 09:59 AM
Plumstorm.

The silver she-cat shuts her eyes and breathes in slowly. Everything had led her here, to this place. To this moment. It was unfortunate that Lionstorm had to miss this- Both of his apprentices finally taking on full warriors' names. Opening her eyes again, she lays them on Spiderstorm. "Could you imagine what he would be saying, right now?" She asks with the hint of a smile.
The truth was, Plumstorm couldn't picture it as clearly as others maybe. While he might haunt Goosefury or even Snakeheart for some time, the new warrior only had what she did know of the guy. Only had what she figured would be Lionstorm-like. But that was okay. There were many in her position. They all wanted to remember a cat that only a few knew better. That didn't mean those like Plumstorm had no right to treasure what they knew of Lionstorm.

She shifts her attention to the others as the ceremony quiets into paying respects. She watches the medicine cat work his herbs into their pelts, in an effort to mask the scent of death. She pads closer, waiting for a moment so that she could also bow her head to each. She spends a long heartbeat beside Lionstorm.
"You must have had plenty of displaced punks like me come here," she says softly. "You were kind enough to listen, and to give us all an opportunity. Thank you for everything. I hope that your passage to StarClan is safe."
After she is finished speaking to her former mentor, she remains still for another moment. When the moment is over, she dips her head to bid Lionstorm farewell, and moves on next to Fawnsqueak.

She didn't know Fawnsqueak at all, really. She'd known Lionstorm was crazy for him. Who didn't? As she stands there, another cat shoves her face into the deceased's pelt. She stares at Bristletail, waiting. And waiting. And... waiting..... Plumstorm waits.
"You know, if you didn't know him, it's a little unnecessary to pretend," she mutters under her breath. "There's a whole Clan who has to pay their respects, so get a move on already." Her icy eyes held no sympathy for the warrior making a burrow of Fawnsqueak's pelt. She'd probably get in Snakeheart's way, too.
[ Pheasantflight ]

carmen
May 15th, 2021, 10:14 AM
implimm
(Lol)
Bristletail sat up, surprised, then moved back. "Sorry," her voice faded away. She stared at Lionstorm and shivered, she wasn't sure if she wanted to pay her respects to him. He had always been a tad too violent for her likings. Bristletail wouldn't be surprised if he had provoked Thunderclan into killing him. She shook out her mane of thick fur and refocused. on the grumpy cat. Oh. That's Plumstorm. Uncertain, she nervously said, "Hey, Plumstorm. ER, congratulations on becoming a warrior." Darn it, should of put more enthusiasm in that.

She stumbled over to Lionstorm and quickly pressed her nose against his fur before pulling away. Back when she was younger, an apprentice, they would lay against them for a minute, they would each speak about the deads greatness. Ruverclan has really gone downhill. She looked at Kestrelstar, You better fix it.

Willowfern
May 15th, 2021, 10:25 AM
@Tiabirb

Frogpaw

“Okay,” He whispered in reply.

Moon Kit
May 15th, 2021, 11:00 AM
Fizzlepaw.... wait no Brightpaw looked up. He would have to get used to calling himself that. He was so used to refering himself as Fizzle. Soon his eyes brightened when he heard that his friend was to finish his training. The tom bounced over to Gentlefoot. "Gentlefoot Bright's mentor!!!", je meowed in ecitement.

// Moon Kit; \\
Gentlefoot looked at Fizzlepaw-no, Brightpaw, which was a fitting name in her opinion- with a smile. "Yep!" She hadn't anticipated this, but she was glad that the young cat had gotten a mentor she could trust to train him well-herself.
She let a small frown escape her as she glanced in Reedpaw's direction. Why had he gotten a new mentor? Maybe Kestrelstar thought she'd be a better mentor to Fi-Brightpaw if she weren't also training Reedpaw. Still, it seemed strange.
Shaking off her doubts, she quickly grinned at Brightpaw again. "Let me know when you're ready to start training. You can take a day or two more to get settled in, if you want."

panchiko
May 15th, 2021, 11:48 AM
Spiderstorm… Her name, a tribute to him, something more that she and Plum shared. She liked it.

On another note, it may not be the end of an era for RiverClan, but if she got her way it'd sure as heck be the end of ThunderClan's era.

What he’d be saying? Spiderstorm thought on it for a second before replying to Plum. “He’d probably be calling us stinkers,” she faintly smiled. “And then he’d say something really Lion-y about us being awesome.” She wasn’t sure what his exact words would’ve been, but guessing was another way for her to hang on to his memory, so she made use of the opportunity.

It was time to pay her respects. Spiderstorm stepped towards Lionstorm and just sat there for a second. silently. What could she even say? "i'm gonna miss you so much, nerd..." she mumbled heavy-heartedly. "you were the awesomest.. you made time fly cuz we were having fun. thank you... for everything. i'll avenge you, i promise." she didn't have the courage to say it out loud but all she could think was an aching 'please come back'. please please please, she would do anything. please. but she knew he wasn't going to and that broke her heart the most. she searched for a way to articulate everything she wanted to say, but the words evaded her, there weren't enough words to describe it all. she moved on to Fawn.

Fawn.. she had barely met Fawnsqueak. Maybe only one or two times during herb patrols, but he'd always seemed nice. "i hope you rest in peace." she dipped her head and gave both of them one more look over. she stepped back.

goodbye.

Abyssopelagic
May 15th, 2021, 12:32 PM
Oh. Sedgestorm. She started to growl underneath her breath. She..had heard some things about him. Hopefully he wouldn't be a cat that would straight up abandon her like her old mentors have. Lakepaw started to pad over towards the feline. "Hello..Sedgestorm." Her tone was filled with pure malice, the 8 moon old molly was NOT in the best mood at all Rainquail
Sedgestorm had been lost in thought, disturbed by the reality of what was afoot, that the war he had hoped to avoid in his birth Clan had followed him to his new Clan, and barely registered that his name had been called and barely recognized that there was a cat before him, that this was now his apprentice.
What brought him out of his headspace was the tone of her voice and the absolute malice in her gaze, as if he personally had affronted her.
"Lakepaw."
He didn't dare say much more and he highly doubted she wanted the ceremonially nose boop that was supposed to accompany the assignment of a new mentor or apprentice.

Mango
May 15th, 2021, 02:47 PM
hope
Blizzardsky flicked his tail,” About time Spiderstorm!” he called, what he was an apprentice when Blizzardsky was a kit, so it clearly was a much delayed ceremony, he didn’t know Plumstorm that well so he flicked his tail.

Ziera
May 15th, 2021, 03:29 PM
// Stormtalon - Akushi hinata

Kestrelstar's transition from death and revenge to mentor reassignments seemed clumsy to Storm, a sort of whiplash, but he didn't blame the leader for it when there was no 'right' transition to begin with. No amount of charisma could ease the fact that two pillars of RiverClan were gone and clan life continued without them.

Despite the growing numbness in his chest, Stormtalon stepped forward when Kestrel called his name. Green eyes searched the younger cats before he located his own--a light-gray tabby with blue eyes--and he nodded in solemn greeting before dipping his nose to touch Streampaw's. It was just muscle memory.

The rest passed in a blur as Kestrel finished off with a warrior's ceremony. Plumstorm and Spiderstorm gained their warrior names, chosen in honor of their fallen mentor...then just like that, the meeting that knocked RiverClan's paws out from under them ended.

While other cats padded forward to say goodbye to Lionstorm and Fawnsqueak's corpses, Storm couldn't will himself to join them. He didn't feel the sadness he saw in others' expressions. Storm only had the strange, far away thought that Fawn wouldn't appreciate a bunch of cats pushing their noses into his fur, so he wouldn't add himself to the list. Instead, Stormtalon prepared for the vigil with the rest of his clanmates as his wayward mind drifted to consider an uncertain future.

Puddle~
May 15th, 2021, 09:53 PM
"Plumstorm! And SPIDERSTORM WOOO!! YOU ROCK!" After the initial excitement died down and the meeting moved on, Baypaw was left confused. Should they be happy or sad? Both at the same time? Two cats had just become warriors but two cats had also died. At any normal meeting, they would've bounced up to their friend Spiderstorm and thrown a makeshift celebration party, but that wouldn't be right in this case.

So, they drifted over to the two fallen felines along with the rest of the clan. Cats were grieving and giving small speeches of tribute, but sadness was just something they'd never had to feel before. Everything in their life up to this point had been sunshine and rainbows, so this new wave of emotion hit them like a brick. It wasn't an overwhelming sadness, but seeing everybody else so downcast made them feel rather upset too. And they hadn't even really known Fawnsqueak or Lionstorm that well, so they could only imagine the heartbreak some of these cats were experiencing.

Ultimately, they decided it would be best if they didn't get too close. They didn't want to get in the way of cats who were truly lamenting these losses, instead opting to sit in solemn silence and think of the dearly departed from afar.

--------------------

Triumph and tragedy back to back. An interesting end to the meeting. For Berryscorch, grief was the overpowering emotion in this scenario. As much as the two new warriors deserved to be celebrated, cheerfully chanting their names didn't feel quite right when the one they were named in honor of lay dead mere tail-lengths away.

When a space opened up for her to pay her respects, she briefly crouched down in front of Lionstorm. Did she consider herself as having been "close" to him? No. Yet her fondest memories had occurred back under his leadership, whether they'd involved him or not. She would never forget the way the clan had thrived or the opportunities he'd given her. And even during the more rebellious moons of her apprenticeship, she'd always secretly looked up to his vigorous personality. "May you rest in peace. You will be greatly missed." Her voice came out as a mild whisper as she silently withdrew to allow someone else to pay their respects.

As for Fawnsqueak... despite having known about him since kithood, she didn't really know him. Couldn't even remember whether they'd ever actually interacted. But, of course, the other tom deserved to be mourned and remembered as well. This time, she didn't crouch beside the body, instead taking a few moments of silence from a few tail-lengths away. She didn't want to disturb those who'd known him a little better. After all was done, the molly paced off to a quiet corner of the clearing, her mind lost in thoughts of sorrow and reflection.

iliri
May 15th, 2021, 10:22 PM
Sedgestorm had been lost in thought, disturbed by the reality of what was afoot, that the war he had hoped to avoid in his birth Clan had followed him to his new Clan, and barely registered that his name had been called and barely recognized that there was a cat before him, that this was now his apprentice.
What brought him out of his headspace was the tone of her voice and the absolute malice in her gaze, as if he personally had affronted her.
"Lakepaw."
He didn't dare say much more and he highly doubted she wanted the ceremonially nose boop that was supposed to accompany the assignment of a new mentor or apprentice.

Her blue eyes trailed over the feline's body. Hopefully this tom will be able to train her better than her other TWO mentors did. Right. TWO! How much more would she need? Her small claws went ahead and scraped the ground. "Hopefully you are better than my other two mentors..they taught me nothin'.." She growled, her tufted ears giving a slight small twitch. The fact that this tom came from ThunderClan also made her nose twitch with heavy hostility. She wasn't gonna be pleased if this tom shown ANY sign of those.. squirrel-brained mangy-pelts.

panchiko
May 15th, 2021, 10:53 PM
hope
Blizzardsky flicked his tail,” About time Spiderstorm!” he called, what he was an apprentice when Blizzardsky was a kit, so it clearly was a much delayed ceremony, he didn’t know Plumstorm that well so he flicked his tail.

Spiderstorm heard Blizzardsky being Blizzard and couldn't tell if he was joking or being passive aggressive or what. Even if he was, she was hot-headed and unwilling to deal with it right now. "Yea, yeah," she said, sticking out her tongue at him. He was right though, it was about time. Just ironic and sad that after all this time she got her ceremony right after all.. that.

MooingPanda
May 16th, 2021, 07:46 PM
"Plumstorm, Spiderstorm!" Brambleheart lifted his head and called out the new warriors names. Despite the deaths of valuable warriors, RiverClan would live on, with the newly named apprentices and the new warriors. He padded over to the bodies and sat down, keeping a respectful distance. He didn't want to take the place of a relative or close friend of the deceased.

Jade13
May 17th, 2021, 09:43 AM
Alright! Kestrelsplash motioned for Littlepaw to follow, watching his paws as he maneuvered his way through the small crowd of cats to the entrance of camp.

|| Would you like me to make a private thread or just make a starting post in the RiverClan Training thread? ||

( yes )

littlepaw followed the warrior with a purr pushing his way threw the left over cats.

( sorry its short, i didnt know what to wright )

SilverSketches
May 17th, 2021, 12:07 PM
Reedkit looked at his mother, really wishing he could just grow up more quickly, but at the same time he also grived for Lionstorm and Fawnsqueak, even though he didn't even know them that well.

Jade13
May 17th, 2021, 02:37 PM
feather lily
She snorted softly and looked in his direction. "I guess you're my apprentice." Dusksong wasn't pleased, exactly, she was more, gently aggravated. She frowned. Since when do you care anything about weak cats? Dusksong shook out her head and looked back up at the leader. Was he finished speaking? Eh, no. She wasn't sure if he was or not, but she needed to talk. Leaning over with her eyes still staring at the higher ranks, she whispered, "What do you think about this here situation?" To be a good mentor Dusksong knew she had to be on the same side as the younger tom.

well... im not sure... i think thunderclan did kill lionstorm but not the other cat which is odd... he didnt know the other cats name fawn something? he felt bad about not knowing it i also think something should be done about the missing mentors that isnt just giving another cat the apprentice he added, he didnt care for his las mentor, he wished they didnt leave the clan and that they where ok but he was mean so he was happy that he had a new mentor

spade
May 25th, 2021, 04:37 PM
Kestrelstar exited his den with Splashleap, giving a nod to his deputy to have a seat below the rock. "I'll call you up after the ceremonies," he instructed. Flicking his tail in dismissal the RiverClan leader bunched his hind legs to leap onto the rock. The smooth surface felt cooling to his roughed up paw pads, lending him a bit of comfort. Kestrelstar was glad that this meeting would run a bit smoother - just normal ceremonies to get done and new cats to welcome to RiverClan. The ThunderClan border issue... he'd have Splashleap up here to help with that.

"Let all those old enough to swim the rivers gather below for a Clan meeting!" Settling down into a seated position, Kestrelstar watched the clearing below him as he waited for his Clan to gather. Hopefully there wouldn't be outbursts, though, he'd seemed to have smoothed things over with the loudest lot - Junipersong, Starlingflight in particular. Well, aside from Rainstorm, but he hadn't seen the molly for awhile so he wasn't terribly concerned. She hadn't come to his den to speak with him after the meeting, so he'd put it out of his mind for now.

gs29513 Rani Dipper Papaya Puddle~ Shade. Zesty Mango Rainquail Willowfern elysian Rockfall ~Fierceclaw~ Dizerel AntiAngelic Lavender’fur Corpse da bunny Starfall EriBarry fallepoch Moon Kit Kyrieknight Aquilex Shimm Redthorn Zero r1verstone Peril Kunaiskrill jimothy implimm Silverfur & Co thurz Fuzzy hope Pheasantflight Bread FrostCat Rxmulus Dragonshifter Cobra shaded shadow -Skyfall- Exis Sparrowsong and Co. Tiabirb MooingPanda x ghostie Appleheart AppleCat4 Jackpot wren Rippleshade SilverMuffin Fern Quickpaw Jayfeather 76 Oakpaw1 Nostalgia Moonlightwolfpup finnzel Star Dashie Angelique Cherry_Jay Fawnhearted feather lily littlelove FireyZack The Flying Pizza Sklee Topaztaill Panda1440 pink leaves ~dust~ leopardstrike4 Stormpoppy Sky13 SilverSketches windtail Wintersun Dahliamoon Feathercreek @keiryn Comet Wrenpaw11 Ashnose Pyrobugg Doritopaw123 ShadowWing65 Virgo Bush Aspensong CreativeWolf Minty im a cat Roseleader @~^*Snow’Drop*^~

Silverfur & Co
May 25th, 2021, 04:38 PM
Snowstripe was one of the first to gather below the stream stone and looked up at her leader as the pelt is clean.

shaded shadow
May 25th, 2021, 04:39 PM
sootfang came out of the warriors den to hear what his leader had to say.

Topaz
May 25th, 2021, 04:39 PM
~Redpaw~

After hearing the leader call, the mute, russet tom stumbled out of the apprentice den and sat nearby the Streamstone. What this meeting was about, he didn't know, but he had to admit, he had a feeling it was something...
something interesting.
Well, after all, every clan meeting was indeed interesting... sometimes.

poppy
May 25th, 2021, 04:40 PM
||~ Rainstorm ~||

Rainstorm padded towards the Streamstone. Her ears were still flat with anger. That freaking ThunderClan cat ambushed her! Her belly stung from where claws had raked deep into her stomach. Looks like she would be visiting Snakeheart after the meeting. Speaking of the meeting, she had a strong feeling she knew what it was about. And she was determined to only speak if spoken to. She had caused enough issues at the last meeting.
But she still lifted her chin and met Kestrelstar's gaze. This wasn't defeat, though. It was a show of respect. Sort of.
That reminded her, she would have to visit his den too. So, scolded by the leader, then treated by the snarky little thing that was Snakeheart.

Mercury
May 25th, 2021, 04:42 PM
Pebblekit peered out into the clearing from the nursery curiously. What was going on?

Tiabirb
May 25th, 2021, 04:42 PM
Starlingflight rose from where she was laying near the warriors den and padded forward to hear the meeting. Her eyes scanned for Frogpaw; She needed to take him out one of these days...

Fireflower sat in front of the nursery, her green eyes narrowed as she listened in.

windtail
May 25th, 2021, 04:43 PM
silverkit came out from the nursery she wondered what this meeting would be about

furrensic
May 25th, 2021, 04:44 PM
sprigcloud poked his head out of the warriors den upon hearing the call, prancing out of the den only seconds after and taking a seat.

dino.
May 25th, 2021, 04:44 PM
>Goosefury<
Goosefury exited the warriors' den and sat down heavily just outside the entrance, his eye dull and his fur unkempt.

Akira
May 25th, 2021, 04:47 PM
Toadpounce, Creekripple, Witheredback, and Silvercreek walked over, tilting their heads.

Reedpaw remained by the entrance of the apprentice's den. He would stay for the normal ceremonies and the like, but if complaints came about one Clan or another, he'd just retreat and sleep. He only hoped he could get a new mentor, if Lizardfrost really was annoyed with him.

Raven~
May 25th, 2021, 04:48 PM
Frostkit
Frostkit poked her head out of the nursery. She was interested to see what Kestrelstar had to say.
Palebrook
Palebrook slipped past her Clanmates, nodding to a few to them. She sat close to the front, but far back enough so that she wasn't in the front-front. That was how she liked it. In the background, but there if she was needed.
Shinestone
Shinestone padded out of the nursery and sat right in front of it, so that she could keep an eye on her kits and still hear what Kestrelstar would say. She doubted it would be anything interesting, just kits becoming apprentices, apprentices becoming warriors, maybe a name change, blah, blah, blah. Clan meetings just didn't interest her anymore.
(All are open)

Ziera
May 25th, 2021, 05:02 PM
// Storm

Stormtalon exited the warrior's den, eyes wary as he took a seat among the gathering RiverClan cats.

// Otter

Nyghh. Ottersplash was tempted to feign deep sleep when he heard the call. Last time Kestrelstar tricked him into attending a clan meeting, his ears rung for a whole day afterward from all the shouting...not to mention the other stuff that happened he didn't want to think about. But he should still go. Sighing, the ginger warrior rose and joined the rest of his clanmates, choosing a spot at the back.

Poprock
May 25th, 2021, 05:08 PM
Bumblestep padded out towards the sound of Kestrelstar's call. This meeting was most likely about Thunderclan... something that made his stomach twist.

Jay.
May 25th, 2021, 05:10 PM
Looncry

Looncry rolled his eyes when he heard master Kestrelstar call a meeting. Right when I was about to doze off?! He slowly rose to his feet and took a seat right in the middle of the clearing. He fixed his glare right on Kestrelstar.

Quickpaw
May 25th, 2021, 05:17 PM
~Stonewing~

Stonewing stalked over and sat down, glaring.

~Silverkit~

Silverkit knew that he probably shouldn't be there, but he wanted to, so he sat down near the nursery entrance.

Madelaine
May 25th, 2021, 05:23 PM
Brightpaw padded out of the apprentices den and sat right among his clanmates. Hopefully this one would be better then the last one, so far it looked like it was going to be normal ceremonies unless a cat gets put of place.

---

Heronflight padded out of the nursery. She was getting bigger and bigger and she had a hard time getting around. In about a moon they would be here and she was already starting to show her weird emotions. They were normal right?

// both open \\

wolfie
May 25th, 2021, 05:31 PM
Wormbite seemingly seemed to crawl out from the shadows -- emerging from the place he belonged. As in he simply was sleeping under a shaded tree before walking on over. A yawn escaped him as he took a seat near the corner of the crowd. Wormbite decided on staring at the ground intently instead of the blur.

~Loona Hellhound~
May 25th, 2021, 05:35 PM
~Birtchclaw~

Birtchclaw started her way to the streamstone finding her own little spot she sat down looking as everyone gathered around as well.

AppleCat4
May 25th, 2021, 06:09 PM
Jaynose padded into the clearing. She sat down to listen to Kestrelstar, wrapping her tail around her paws and pricking her ears.

Glitch_Candle
May 25th, 2021, 06:13 PM
Vinepelt looked up at the Streamstone, embarrassment hot in her pelt. she knew what was going to happen.

Fawnhearted
May 25th, 2021, 06:21 PM
Mistpaw frowned, what was all this about?

Violetkit trotted out of the nursery.

Tiabirb
May 25th, 2021, 06:27 PM
// Storm

Stormtalon exited the warrior's den, eyes wary as he took a seat among the gathering RiverClan cats.

// Otter

Nyghh. Ottersplash was tempted to feign deep sleep when he heard the call. Last time Kestrelstar tricked him into attending a clan meeting, his ears rung for a whole day afterward from all the shouting...not to mention the other stuff that happened he didn't want to think about. But he should still go. Sighing, the ginger warrior rose and joined the rest of his clanmates, choosing a spot at the back.

Fireflower

The ginger queen's head turned as a flash of a familiar orange and white pelt moved in her peripheral. She spotted Otter and rose to join him, crouching beside him and meowing, "Nothing like a good meeting to bring us all together, ey Ottie?" She grinned, canting her head to one side as she glanced toward him.

The Flying Pizza
May 25th, 2021, 06:40 PM
|Mothsky|

The queen padded out of the nursery and sat down to listen to Kestrelstar.

Ziera
May 25th, 2021, 07:20 PM
Fireflower

The ginger queen's head turned as a flash of a familiar orange and white pelt moved in her peripheral. She spotted Otter and rose to join him, crouching beside him and meowing, "Nothing like a good meeting to bring us all together, ey Ottie?" She grinned, canting her head to one side as she glanced toward him.

// Ottersplash

A familiar voice made Otter's ears twitch back. He turned to see Fireflower join him, a reflexive grin tugging at the corners of his mouth when he met the she-cat's eyes.

"Hey there, Trouble." The ginger tom leaned over to lick just behind Fire's ear in greeting as he chuckled at her words. "You're so right! I was worried you'd miss it." Ottersplash's amber gaze wandered to Kestrelstar, glinting with something unreadable. "Pretty sure nothing could beat the last one though, as far as memorable bonding."

CreativeWolf
May 25th, 2021, 07:23 PM
Rainkit padded over and sat down

Tiabirb
May 25th, 2021, 07:27 PM
// Ottersplash

A familiar voice made Otter's ears twitch back. He turned to see Fireflower joined him, a reflexive grin tugging at the corners of his mouth when he met the she-cat's eyes.

"Hey there, Trouble." The ginger tom leaned over to lick just behind Fire's ear in greeting as he chuckled at her words. "You're so right! I was worried you'd miss it." Ottersplash's amber gaze wandered to Kestrelstar, glinting with something unreadable. "Pretty sure nothing could beat the last one though, as far as memorable bonding."

Fireflower let out a snorting laugh. "Trouble? That's the best you got Ottie? I'm so flattered!" She teased him and touched her nose to his cheek. "No kidding. Kits won't shut up about it. But this one seems to have a different vibe, I dunno. Seems mellow this time around, and I don't see any dead bodies to throw everyone into psychos either," She chuckled, tucking her paws under her chest as she watched the gathering cats.

"Whatcha been up to, Ottie?" Fireflower purred, happy to simply chat with her old friend. The expecting queen practically seemed to glow next to him, and it was apparent that she was radiating happiness.

Ziera
May 25th, 2021, 07:42 PM
[SIZE="2"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Fireflower let out a snorting laugh. "Trouble? That's the best you got Ottie? I'm so flattered!" She teased him and touched her nose to his cheek. "No kidding. Kits won't shut up about it. But this one seems to have a different vibe, I dunno. Seems mellow this time around, and I don't see any dead bodies to throw everyone into psychos either," She chuckled, tucking her paws under her chest as she watched the gathering cats.

"Whatcha been up to, Ottie?" Fireflower purred, happy to simply chat with her old friend. The expecting queen practically seemed to glow next to him, and it was apparent that she was radiating happiness.

// Ottersplash

"You know you'll always be trouble, Fire," Otter teased. He tossed a look at her that said she should know better for good measure; he did mean it affectionately, though. "I called you that in my head since I met you."

Fireflower was right...it did seem more mellow. Thank the stars for that. Ottersplash winced at her brazen mentioning of Lionstorm and Fawnsqueak's corpses, but quickly masked it with a laugh.

"Oh, you know. Meeting new cats, worrying about the threat of war--learning to catch two fish at once. The usual." He spoke as if he was talking about the color of his fur. His eyes sparkled with gentle mischief when he added- "What about you? The kits sound like they're keeping you...uh, entertained."

Tiabirb
May 25th, 2021, 08:10 PM
// Ottersplash

"You know you'll always be trouble, Fire," Otter teased. He tossed a look at her that said she should know better for good measure; he did mean it affectionately though. "I called you that in my head since I met you."

Fireflower was right...it did seem more mellow. Thank the stars for that. Ottersplash winced at her brazen mentioning of Lionstorm and Fawnsqueak's corpses, but quickly masked it with a laugh.

"Oh, you know. Meeting new cats, worrying about the threat of war--learning to catch two fish at once. The usual." He spoke as if he was talking about the color of his fur. His eyes sparkled with gentle mischief when he added- "What about you? The kits sound like they're keeping you...uh, entertained."

The queen rolled her eyes at his teasing. She was aware of his flinch, and she mildly regretted her brutal honesty. But...wasn't life just as brutal? It didn't care if a cat lived or died...it cut lives short all of the time.
No matter how casual his tone, his boasting caught a look from Fireflower. One of utter disbelief, her eyes wide. "No way! Two fish at once? Who taught you that?" She said, her whiskers twitching. "I need to see that one to believe it," Fireflower mused.

"Eh, kits are kits. They're fighting among themselves, but really...who can blame them? They only echo what they see and hear. And can ya guess what the hot topic has been these days, Ottie?" Her question was rhetorical, but her eyes held a deep anxiety. Her own kits might be born into this mess. Their kits...

While not official, it was still in the back of her mind that Ottersplash was indeed the father of her kits. They were good friends, but they had never quite settled on being mates for good. They were still young, with plenty of options around both of them. And hey, if Ottie found himself a pretty lady, or even a handsome tom, Fireflower would only have too much fun teasing them!

No, Fireflower didn't love Ottersplash that way. She loved him as her best friend and closest confidante, but her nose wrinkled every time the mere idea of making things official came up in her head. Kits or no, Fireflower didn't view Otter as her mate. Their friendship was stronger than that.

panchiko
May 25th, 2021, 08:13 PM
Spiderstorm gathered for the clan meeting, wearing a solemn expression. She glanced around at her clanmates as she waited for Kestrelstar to do whatever he was going to do; she was sorely disappointed. Everyone looked so.... normal. So happy. Didn't they remember? A few cats looked eh, but the only one she saw that seemed affected by everything was Goosefury. It was like the clan had moved on -- or at least, that was what it seemed like to her, since everyone else made it seem like nothing had happened Last Time. Spiderstorm remembered Last Time. The events of the last meeting tortured her - it was all she could think about. The memories were a shadow, a ghost. They followed her into dreams and haunted her under the light of the sun, living rent free in her head involuntarily. Their bodies, the smell of rot and tragedy.... They deserved to be avenged. She deserved to get revenge.

Still for now she sat and did nothing but stare with dull eyes and a dry expression.

Peril
May 25th, 2021, 08:13 PM
Rumblingstorm
The tom padded to the streamstone. He had been pretty irritated here of late. He sat and prayed n9 apprentices approached.

Stormshadow
He had followed Kestralstar to camp. He was to get his new, RiverClan name now. He sat straight up and looked around for his mate, then gave up. This is preposterous. She won't be out this early after her kitting. he thought.

[Both are open]

~Fierce~
May 25th, 2021, 09:22 PM
~Streampelt~
Streampelt padded over and sat down, wondering what the meeting was going to be about.

~Fiercepaw~
Fiercepaw padded over and sat down, wondering what the meeting was going to be about.

~Shykit~
Shykit peeked her head from the nursery and looked at what was happening. What was a meeting? She sat down close to the nursery entrance inside to hear what the leader, Kestrelstar maybe?, was going to say.

Sklee
May 25th, 2021, 10:11 PM
Amberpaw sat down, a little closer this time. She still felt awful about not being there, but she realized it wasn’t like she could have done anything about it.

Mango
May 25th, 2021, 10:17 PM
Blizzardsky scurried forward hoping it was finally time for Spicekit’s ceremony.

Webkit padded forward, glancing around for her brother, she hoped she was finally becoming an apprentice. She was so sick of just doing boring kit things.

jimothy
May 25th, 2021, 10:27 PM
After a day of hunting in their waters, Firesweep had been tirelessly grooming himself back to a drier, tidier condition by the dens. He gazed up at their leader, the traditional call perhaps promising a more orderly assembly.

[open!]

MooingPanda
May 25th, 2021, 11:28 PM
Brambleheart hurried to the meeting. He was a bit late, judging by the large amount of cats already gathered there, so he picked a spot at the back and sat down.

Roseleader
May 26th, 2021, 03:08 AM
Rosepaw sat down, wondering who would be her new menter.

Raven~
May 26th, 2021, 06:25 AM
Rumblingstorm
The tom padded to the streamstone. He had been pretty irritated here of late. He sat and prayed n9 apprentices approached.

Stormshadow
He had followed Kestralstar to camp. He was to get his new, RiverClan name now. He sat straight up and looked around for his mate, then gave up. This is preposterous. She won't be out this early after her kitting. he thought.

[Both are open]
Shinestone did a double take as she saw Stormshadow. Oh StarClan, can it be? She felt the sudden urge to launch herself at Stormshadow, she feel his fur against her's. But, if he was here....what of he had been captured? She took a few steps forward, wishing he would look in her direction.

gs29513
May 26th, 2021, 07:12 AM
It was about time for another meeting, there were kits to be apprenticed, maybe apprentices to be made warriors. The events of the gathering, particularly the incident with Vinepelt, to deal with. It was good that Kestrelstar wasn't letting things hang, making sure things were taken care of immediately. Although this time, she knew she would be talking, which didn't exactly excite her. It wasn't as though it was HER fault the Thunderclan tom had decided to show up, but it was her fault he had managed to maul her ear.

It still stung, although it looked marginally more presentable with the cobwebs covering it. At least it wasn't raw and red anymore. Trotting with an air of more confidence than she felt, Splashleap made her way over to the Streamstone, nodding quickly to Kestrelstar as he clambered onto the rock. Taking a seat near the front of the crowd, she caught sight of Rainstorm and Sprigcloud, also looking a bit battered. The molly especially might want to see Snakeheart, although that wasn't a particularly enjoyable experience it might be better than having something go wrong with a wound.

Galaxy_
May 26th, 2021, 07:32 AM
Stormheart sat down looking up at his leader turing his head wondering what was happening. spade

Jade13
May 26th, 2021, 09:57 AM
russetkit ran out of the nursery and sat down, her ear was healed and she was as snappy and cold as ever. she wondered what the meeting was about, maybe something about thunderclan.

littlepaw ran and sat down looking around happily, he looked up. he hoped he wouldnt get in trouble for teh yelling at the gathering though he doubted it.

aspenpaw found a nice corner in the back and sat down away from everybodyto watch the meeting

Abyssopelagic
May 26th, 2021, 11:47 AM
Palepaw dutifully padded over to the Streamstone, not giving the glancing eyes a single thought, even as a few lingered to watch her take a belated seat among her Clanmates.

Sedgestorm trotted over, in an attempt to be less late than he already was, taking a spot beside the equally late apprentice.

Fenz
May 26th, 2021, 11:53 AM
riverkit
Riverkit eagerly bounded over and sat down her fur had been groomed to perfection. Her blue eyes stared up at the large stone that her leader gave announcements from.
Streamfern
Streamfern and streampaw padded up and sat down next to the young she kit

spade
May 26th, 2021, 01:17 PM
It wasn’t long before a majority of the Clan was gathered below. A few individuals caught his eyes, notably those who had been affected the most by the last meeting. Spiderstorm, Goosefury... a few others seemed to fix him with glares, and Kestrelstar wanted to smack them over the head for it. The blatant disrespect that he could detect, rolling off them in waves... the leader dismissed such thoughts though, as this wasn’t the time or place.

”We have a few ceremonies that need to get done, and then an announcement,” he began, rising to his paws once more as his yellow gaze swept across the crowd in search of the kits who would be starting their warrior training today.

”Softkit [ Moon Kit ], Riverkit [ Corpse da bunny ], Violetkit [ Fawnhearted ], Silverkit
[ windtail ], Frostkit [ FrostCat ], and Webkit [ Zesty Mango ]. Step forward.” Kestrelstar commanded, waiting for the young kits to step forward before he continued.

gs29513 Rani Dipper Papaya Puddle~ Shade. Rainquail Willowfern elysian Rockfall ~Fierceclaw~ Dizerel AntiAngelic Lavender’fur Starfall EriBarry fallepoch Kyrieknight Aquilex Shimm Redthorn Zero r1verstone Peril Kunaiskrill jimothy implimm Silverfur & Co thurz Fuzzy hope Pheasantflight Bread Rxmulus Dragonshifter Cobra shaded shadow -Skyfall- Exis Sparrowsong and Co. Tiabirb MooingPanda x ghostie Appleheart AppleCat4 Jackpot wren Rippleshade SilverMuffin Fern Quickpaw Jayfeather 76 Oakpaw1 Nostalgia Moonlightwolfpup finnzel Star Dashie Angelique Cherry_Jay feather lily littlelove FireyZack The Flying Pizza Sklee Topaztaill Panda1440 pink leaves ~dust~ leopardstrike4 Stormpoppy Sky13 SilverSketches Wintersun Dahliamoon Feathercreek @keiryn Comet Wrenpaw11 Ashnose Pyrobugg Doritopaw123 ShadowWing65 Virgo Bush Aspensong CreativeWolf Minty im a cat Roseleader @~^*Snow’Drop*^~

Galaxy_
May 26th, 2021, 01:19 PM
Stormpelt looked up wpndering who would mentor these kits.

Dizerel
May 26th, 2021, 01:24 PM
Sorting into the meeting a bit late, as always. Junipersong had a habit of being late to these things, whether it was because she was just rousing from a nap when the meeting was called, or the meeting was poorly timed with something else she was doing. Either way, as she stepped into the crowd, she could already sense a few hostile gazes up at Kestrelstar. He had enough to worry about, so Junipersong made herself visible as she pushed through the crowd towards the front, beaming up at her friend on the streamstone, hoping that her goofy behavior and happy visage would cheer him up despite their clanmates not sharing the same sanctity for meetings.

Raven~
May 26th, 2021, 01:37 PM
Frostkit
Frostkit padded up, her fur fluffed out in surprise. She was not expecting this! She was being made a warrior! This was the best day of her life!
Palebrook
Palebrook leaned foward slightly, interested to see who would mentor the new apprentices. She hoped she would mentor one. It sounded like fun, and she would be proud to know she had mentored a warrior of RiverClan.
Shinestone
Shinestone craned her neck, looking for Stormshadow. She had seen him, but now she couldn't find him amongst her Clanmates. She growled in frustration. Why did StarClan have to bless her with this, but then take it away? All she wanted was to see him again!

Topaz
May 26th, 2021, 01:45 PM
|:| Corpse da bunny |:|

~Redpaw~

The apprentices eyes lit up. Riverkit was becoming an apprentice, he wouldn't be lonely anymore! Oh he had thought this would be a terrible meeting, but now...
Yay!

Akira
May 26th, 2021, 01:47 PM
Creekripple tilted his head. Maybe he would become a mentor? Unlikely, but he was proud of the kits nonetheless.

Witheredback nodded. More apprentices was always good for a Clan.

VexSkullz
May 26th, 2021, 01:54 PM
Kestrelsplash looked up at the scene and heard the kits being Apprenticed, his tail raising, until he remembered he had his own Apprentice already. He didn't know why he felt disappointment fill his heart; he thought Littlepaw was a decent Apprentice. He didn't know why he felt so... upset that he wouldn't be getting someone different.

windtail
May 26th, 2021, 02:02 PM
silverkit coudnt belive that she was going to be an apprentice she looked over to her mother to see her eyes shining.

~Loona Hellhound~
May 26th, 2021, 02:02 PM
~Birtchclaw~
[Open!]

Birtchclaw watched as the kits were called she felt a sens of happiness fill her as she watched she felt more at ease now abit but she still didnt feel so good but she smiled as she watched the kits step forward remembering her moments getting her name as well. maybe she may become a mentor, she then shook her head she couldnt really think of it actully but just maybe..

shaded shadow
May 26th, 2021, 02:05 PM
rainingkit looked at her brother why was silverkit being made an apprenice and not them.

Silverfur & Co
May 26th, 2021, 02:07 PM
Snowstripe sat and looked up at her leader nodding and smiled

shaded shadow
May 26th, 2021, 02:08 PM
sootfang watched with pride as he watch silverkit he knew that rainingkit and crowkit would be disapointed that they would not be getting their warrior names today but he hoped that they would understand why.

Fawnhearted
May 26th, 2021, 02:33 PM
Violetkit gasped "I'M GONNA BE AN APPRENTICE" realizing she'd said it very loud she flicked her tail in apology and stepped forward.

Mistake watched, excited for her friend.

Galaxy_
May 26th, 2021, 02:35 PM
Go vilotekit stormpelt said aloud as duskkit steped out of the nersery Go vilotekit he squeaked are by tonight vilotepaw!

windtail
May 26th, 2021, 02:37 PM
silverkit looked at her siblings but rainingkit was walking back into the nursery and crowkit would not look at her.

Glitch_Candle
May 26th, 2021, 02:42 PM
Vinepelt gives a bad glare, her pelt embarrassed, she wouldn't show it. spade

SilverMuffin
May 26th, 2021, 02:48 PM
It wasn’t long before a majority of the Clan was gathered below. A few individuals caught his eyes, notably those who had been affected the most by the last meeting. Spiderstorm, Goosefury... a few others seemed to fix him with glares, and Kestrelstar wanted to smack them over the head for it. The blatant disrespect that he could detect, rolling off them in waves... the leader dismissed such thoughts though, as this wasn’t the time or place.

”We have a few ceremonies that need to get done, and then an announcement,” he began, rising to his paws once more as his yellow gaze swept across the crowd in search of the kits who would be starting their warrior training today.

”Softkit [ Moon Kit ], Riverkit [ Corpse da bunny ], Violetkit [ Fawnhearted ], Silverkit
[ windtail ], Frostkit [ FrostCat ], and Webkit [ Zesty Mango ]. Step forward.” Kestrelstar commanded, waiting for the young kits to step forward before he continued.

gs29513 Rani Dipper Papaya Puddle~ Shade. Rainquail Willowfern elysian Rockfall ~Fierceclaw~ Dizerel AntiAngelic Lavender’fur Starfall EriBarry fallepoch Kyrieknight Aquilex Shimm Redthorn Zero r1verstone Peril Kunaiskrill jimothy implimm Silverfur & Co thurz Fuzzy hope Pheasantflight Bread Rxmulus Dragonshifter Cobra shaded shadow -Skyfall- Exis Sparrowsong and Co. Tiabirb MooingPanda x ghostie Appleheart AppleCat4 Jackpot wren Rippleshade SilverMuffin Fern Quickpaw Jayfeather 76 Oakpaw1 Nostalgia Moonlightwolfpup finnzel Star Dashie Angelique Cherry_Jay feather lily littlelove FireyZack The Flying Pizza Sklee Topaztaill Panda1440 pink leaves ~dust~ leopardstrike4 Stormpoppy Sky13 SilverSketches Wintersun Dahliamoon Feathercreek @keiryn Comet Wrenpaw11 Ashnose Pyrobugg Doritopaw123 ShadowWing65 Virgo Bush Aspensong CreativeWolf Minty im a cat Roseleader @~^*Snow’Drop*^~

[Mossyhaze]

Mossyhaze sat a little away from the Streamstone, watching as Kestrelstar called the kittens up for their apprentice ceremony. His whiskers twitched as he noticed some were excited, while others were more apprehensive about being made an apprentice. He wondered who Kestrelstar would choose to be the mentor? The deputy nor the leader had told him anything, so he assumed that he wouldn't be chosen to be one. He didn't mind that thought, though - but he did crave the companionship only a mentor and an apprentice can share. He's still young, he can handle a couple of more moons without an apprentice.

SilverMuffin
May 26th, 2021, 02:53 PM
Vinepelt gives a bad glare, her pelt embarrassed, she wouldn't show it. spade

[Mossyhaze]

He looked over at the different warriors in the crowd, his eyes laying on Vinepelt. Her eyes were fixed on the leader. He couldn't tell her emotions, but he could see that she was in turmoil. He walked over, sitting beside her and laying a tail on his clanmates back. "What's in your pelt, vines?" He purred, bopping her cheek with his nose playfully. "Why do you seem like a Thunderclan cat stole your fish. Did Kestrelstar do something at the gathering?"

Glitch_Candle
May 26th, 2021, 03:02 PM
[Mossyhaze]

He looked over at the different warriors in the crowd, his eyes laying on Vinepelt. Her eyes were fixed on the leader. He couldn't tell her emotions, but he could see that she was in turmoil. He walked over, sitting beside her and laying a tail on his clanmates back. "What's in your pelt, vines?" He purred, bopping her cheek with his nose playfully. "Why do you seem like a Thunderclan cat stole your fish. Did Kestrelstar do something at the gathering?"
"I did, and now imma get punished." She liked The warrior already. He was perfect.

Quickpaw
May 26th, 2021, 03:06 PM
~Stonewing~

Stonewing snorted. They didn't need even more apprentices. Hopefully he wouldn't be a mentor.

~Silverkit~

Silverkit looked up as he heard his name, but then realized that he was too young to be an apprentice and it was probably the other Silverkit that was being called.

SilverMuffin
May 26th, 2021, 03:09 PM
"I did, and now imma get punished." She liked The warrior already. He was perfect.

[Mossyhaze]

"Punished! I'd like to see him try to hurt a skilled warrior like you, Vinepelt." He smirked, unsheathing his claws and getting into a battle position in front of her. "I bet you could take me down right now with just a glare if you wanted to. Kestrelstar is no match!" The cat knew he likely seemed childish, playing with the warrior at an apprentice ceremony. Though he is a childish tom, nobody can deny that.

Glitch_Candle
May 26th, 2021, 03:11 PM
[Mossyhaze]

"Punished! I'd like to see him try to hurt a skilled warrior like you, Vinepelt." He smirked, unsheathing his claws and getting into a battle position in front of her. "I bet you could take me down right now with just a glare if you wanted to. Kestrelstar is no match!" The cat knew he likely seemed childish, playing with the warrior at an apprentice ceremony. Though he is a childish tom, nobody can deny that.
"maybe." is all she could say. She loved him though. a lot.

Tiabirb
May 26th, 2021, 03:58 PM
Starlingflight couldn't help but overhear the conversation between the two warriors, and she snapped her gaze around to land them both with a hard, cold glare. "Is this really where you want to discuss if you're a match for Kestrelstar?" She hissed at the two warriors. "If you step out of line, expect to be punished. The behavior seen from some of Riverclan's young warriors at the Gathering was outright mutinous if the other clans chose to view said behavior the wrong way." She snorted,

Her glare lasted a heartbeat longer, "We're here to announce apprentices, not whine like kits over injured pride." Her words were tossed more toward Vinepelt. With that said, Starlingflight flicked her tail dismissively in their direction and turned her attention back to Kestrelstar.

Rippleshade SilverMuffin

Glitch_Candle
May 26th, 2021, 06:08 PM
Tiabirb SilverMuffin "and you are you to say that. I speak to someone and you talk to me like im your apprentice."

AppleCat4
May 26th, 2021, 06:42 PM
Jaynose peered over the shoulders of her Clanmates. New apprentices!
She couldn’t wait to see who would mentor the new apprentices. She would love to train one of her own someday. Perhaps she’d have to request one at some point.

spade
May 26th, 2021, 07:01 PM
There was still one kit that needed to step forward, but a small bicker had caught Kestrelstar's attention and he turned to look at Vinepelt... and Mossyhaze. Stars, another warrior he would have to talk to. Did they think he was deaf? A piece of his heart felt warm as Starlingflight jumped to his defense, but the leader still fixed the warrior with a stern look. "Vinepelt! [ Rippleshade ]" he snapped, voice rose to capture the molly's attention. "Sit below the Streamstone and do not move so much as a toe from it until I address you again." The order came out chipped and his expression seemed to state that he would not take anymore of the sass she was displaying. This was a meeting and would not end up like the last one.

Tiabirb SilverMuffin

Glitch_Candle
May 26th, 2021, 07:20 PM
Vinepelt gave Kestrelstar a mean glare, then gave Splashleap a mean glare, and then sat down.

Moon Kit
May 26th, 2021, 09:43 PM
Excited, Softkit stepped forward, snapping out of her daydreams. She was becoming an apprentice! Who will my mentor be? Will they be nice? Will they like me? Will they be strict? Will they let me train with my denmates? Who will my denmates be?
(Sorry for my kinda late reply! spade )

Mango
May 26th, 2021, 10:05 PM
Papaya
Webkit puffed up her small grey pelt with pride as she heard her name being called, it was a bit sad her brother wasn’t becoming one with her so she glanced back at him and stuck out her tongue making a silly face before coming forward. She hoped she got that rat of a medicine cat, Snakeheart as a mentor, she liked them. They were mean and it was funny to her.

Quasar
May 26th, 2021, 11:01 PM
Raccooncall

The grey striped tom yawned loudly as he wandered over to take a seat, dijon eyes glaring at anyone that so much as looked at him the wrong way

Chivepaw

Chivepaw padded over to join the meeting, his gaze lowered and his face flushed. Why was he so late? Urghh!

Minnowpaw

The apprentice happily bounced over to the streamstone, periwinkle eyes bright and a wide smile on her face.

im a cat
May 27th, 2021, 09:26 AM
Lightkit walked closer to the and looked at the newly made apprentices and wondered how it would be when she became an apprentice. She looked towards the medicine den, she wanted to become a medicine-cat but she was nerves. "Oh, well, I have over a moon left to think about it" she mumbled to her self.

spade
May 27th, 2021, 09:43 AM
[ be sure to check for double mentions! ^^ ]

What a piece of work. Kestrelstar couldn't help but wonder how she had ever gotten to receiving her warrior name with an attitude like she had. Even someone as notoriously grumpy as he was could recognize the line that was crossed between regular run-of-the-mill grouch and just blatantly disrespectful. But that part of the meeting would come soon. For now, it was the kits' turn.

"You all are ready to start your warrior training. I expect each of you you learn well and train hard." Kestrelstar began, gaze sweeping over all the kits who had gathered - glad that all of them had stepped up.

"Softkit [ Moon Kit ], you'll be known as Softpaw. Darksun [ thurz ] will be your mentor."

"Riverkit [ Corpse da bunny ], from this day on you'll be called Riverpaw. Brambleheart
[ MooingPanda ], your apprentice seems to be missing, so you'll be taking on Riverpaw's training in place of that." Kestrelstar hadn't seen Tallpaw, and was a bit discouraged as the young tom had only recently become an apprentice. Hopefully Brambleheart would have better luck with this one.

"Violetkit [ Fawnhearted ], you will be known as Violetpaw. Stonefoot [ QueenCocaHead ], your apprentice has also gone missing. I certainly hope that will not be the case for this one." It seemed like many kits and apprentices were wandering off nowadays...

"Silverkit [ windtail ], you shall be called Silverpaw. Streamfern [ Corpse da bunny ] will be your mentor."

"Frostkit [ FrostCat ], you're name until your training is complete will be Frostpaw. I'm certain that Rumblingstorm [ Peril ] will shape you into a fine future warrior of RiverClan."

"Webkit [ Zesty Mango ], from this day on you'll be known as Webpaw. Berryscorch
[ Puddle~ ] will be responsible for your warrior training."

Kestrelstar took a moment, allowing the cheers to rise up and the new apprentices and mentors to find each other. After this, he'd move on to doing a few reassignments for apprentices currently without mentors.

gs29513 Rani Dipper Papaya Shade. Rainquail Willowfern elysian Rockfall ~Fierceclaw~ Dizerel AntiAngelic Lavender’fur Starfall EriBarry fallepoch Kyrieknight Aquilex Shimm Redthorn Zero r1verstone Kunaiskrill jimothy implimm Silverfur & Co Fuzzy hope Pheasantflight Bread Rxmulus Dragonshifter Cobra shaded shadow -Skyfall- Exis Sparrowsong and Co. Tiabirb x ghostie Appleheart AppleCat4 Jackpot wren Rippleshade SilverMuffin Fern Quickpaw Jayfeather 76 Oakpaw1 Moonlightwolfpup finnzel Star Dashie Angelique Cherry_Jay feather lily littlelove FireyZack The Flying Pizza Sklee Topaztaill Panda1440 pink leaves ~dust~ leopardstrike4 Stormpoppy Sky13 SilverSketches Wintersun Dahliamoon Feathercreek @keiryn Comet Wrenpaw11 Ashnose Pyrobugg Doritopaw123 ShadowWing65 Virgo Bush Aspensong CreativeWolf Minty im a cat Roseleader @~^*Snow’Drop*^~ Nostalgia

Tiabirb
May 27th, 2021, 09:58 AM
"Softpaw! Riverpaw! Violetpaw! Silverpaw! Frostpaw! Webpaw!" Starlingflight crowed for the new apprentices from where she sat. Phew...so many new apprentices this season.

~Mothman~
May 27th, 2021, 10:00 AM
[ be sure to check for double mentions! ^^ ]

What a piece of work. Kestrelstar couldn't help but wonder how she had ever gotten to receiving her warrior name with an attitude like she had. Even someone as notoriously grumpy as he was could recognize the line that was crossed between regular run-of-the-mill grouch and just blatantly disrespectful. But that part of the meeting would come soon. For now, it was the kits' turn.

"You all are ready to start your warrior training. I expect each of you you learn well and train hard." Kestrelstar began, gaze sweeping over all the kits who had gathered - glad that all of them had stepped up.

"Softkit [ Moon Kit ], you'll be known as Softpaw. Darksun [ thurz ] will be your mentor."

"Riverkit [ Corpse da bunny ], from this day on you'll be called Riverpaw. Brambleheart
[ MooingPanda ], your apprentice seems to be missing, so you'll be taking on Riverpaw's training in place of that." Kestrelstar hadn't seen Tallpaw, and was a bit discouraged as the young tom had only recently become an apprentice. Hopefully Brambleheart would have better luck with this one.

"Violetkit [ Fawnhearted ], you will be known as Violetpaw. Stonefoot [ QueenCocaHead ], your apprentice has also gone missing. I certainly hope that will not be the case for this one." It seemed like many kits and apprentices were wandering off nowadays...

"Silverkit [ windtail ], you shall be called Silverpaw. Streamfern [ Corpse da bunny ] will be your mentor."

"Frostkit [ FrostCat ], you're name until your training is complete will be Frostpaw. I'm certain that Rumblingstorm [ Peril ] will shape you into a fine future warrior of RiverClan."

"Webkit [ Zesty Mango ], from this day on you'll be known as Webpaw. Berryscorch
[ Puddle~ ] will be responsible for your warrior training."

Kestrelstar took a moment, allowing the cheers to rise up and the new apprentices and mentors to find each other. After this, he'd move on to doing a few reassignments for apprentices currently without mentors.

gs29513 Rani Dipper Papaya Shade. Rainquail Willowfern elysian Rockfall ~Fierceclaw~ Dizerel AntiAngelic Lavender’fur Starfall EriBarry fallepoch Kyrieknight Aquilex Shimm Redthorn Zero r1verstone Kunaiskrill jimothy implimm Silverfur & Co Fuzzy hope Pheasantflight Bread Rxmulus Dragonshifter Cobra shaded shadow -Skyfall- Exis Sparrowsong and Co. Tiabirb x ghostie Appleheart AppleCat4 Jackpot wren Rippleshade SilverMuffin Fern Quickpaw Jayfeather 76 Oakpaw1 Moonlightwolfpup finnzel Star Dashie Angelique Cherry_Jay feather lily littlelove FireyZack The Flying Pizza Sklee Topaztaill Panda1440 pink leaves ~dust~ leopardstrike4 Stormpoppy Sky13 SilverSketches Wintersun Dahliamoon Feathercreek @keiryn Comet Wrenpaw11 Ashnose Pyrobugg Doritopaw123 ShadowWing65 Virgo Bush Aspensong CreativeWolf Minty im a cat Roseleader @~^*Snow’Drop*^~ Nostalgia
Puddlekit was very happy and yet impatient. When would it be his turn to be an apprentice? He sighed, knowing it would be at least four moons.

~Fierce~
May 27th, 2021, 10:10 AM
~Streampelt~
"Softpaw! Riverpaw! Violetpaw! Silverpaw! Frostpaw! Webpaw!" Streampelt chanted.

~Fiercepaw~
Fiercepaw chanted the new apprentices' names.

~Shykit~
Apprentice? Mentor? Why were their names changing? Shykit was confused.

~Mothman~
May 27th, 2021, 10:15 AM
~Streampelt~
"Softpaw! Riverpaw! Violetpaw! Silverpaw! Frostpaw! Webpaw!" Streampelt chanted.

~Fiercepaw~
Fiercepaw chanted the new apprentices' names.

~Shykit~
Apprentice? Mentor? Why were their names changing? Shykit was confused.
Puddlekit padded over to Shykit and sat down next to them.
"Confused?" he mewed.

Peril
May 27th, 2021, 10:30 AM
Rumblingstorm
The dilute tom straightened. Great. Another apprentice, hopefully this one would be less bratty than Whitepaw. He got up and approached the apprentice. I'm Rumblingstorm, your mentor. he said with an attempt of a smile. He bent his head to touch her nose.

[ FrostCat]

Nostalgia
May 27th, 2021, 10:41 AM
Frostfeather glanced over at the new apprentices, a sparkling of joy flashed in her eyes. Shuffling her paws she wondered whether she should go hunting, her stomach rumbled a bit.

Sklee
May 27th, 2021, 10:46 AM
Amberpaw watched. She remembered how excited she originally was, and honestly she was incredibly happy for them, even if she felt awful about the battle. She was more then ready to meow their names, and welcome them as apprentices.

Fawnhearted
May 27th, 2021, 11:22 AM
Violetpaw was very excited for her apprentice ceremony, her fur fluffed up in every direction and her tail sticking up, she was about to call Silentkit but realized she had to touch noses with her mentor.

Calming her fur down she turned and bumped noses with Stonefoot, "I'll do my best", she promised.
QueenCocaHead
Feathercreek (if you want Silentkit to interact after the ceremony)

Feathercreek
May 27th, 2021, 11:40 AM
Violetpaw was very excited for her apprentice ceremony, her fur fluffed up in every direction and her tail sticking up, she was about to call Silentkit but realized she had to touch noses with her mentor.

Calming her fur down she turned and bumped noses with Stonefoot, "I'll do my best", she promised.
QueenCocaHead

Silentkit saw Violetpaw, and instantly beamed. He bounded toward her, attempting to nuzzle her, purring. "Veelotkith - No, Veelotpuw! Veelotpuw, Veelotpuw, Veelotpuw!" the deaf kit chanted. "Ooo beeg naw! Siwenthkif apprendix soom too!"

Fawnhearted
May 27th, 2021, 12:44 PM
Silentkit saw Violetpaw, and instantly beamed. He bounded toward her, attempting to nuzzle her, purring. "Veelotkith - No, Veelotpuw! Veelotpuw, Veelotpuw, Veelotpuw!" the deaf kit chanted. "Ooo beeg naw! Siwenthkif apprendix soom too!"

"I can't wait til your an apprentice!! I'll save a spot in the den for you", Violetpaw said excitedly as she butted her head against Silentkit.

Raven~
May 27th, 2021, 01:51 PM
Rumblingstorm
The dilute tom straightened. Great. Another apprentice, hopefully this one would be less bratty than Whitepaw. He got up and approached the apprentice. I'm Rumblingstorm, your mentor. he said with an attempt of a smile. He bent his head to touch her nose.

[ FrostCat]
Forstpaw
Frostpaw touched noses with Rumblingstorm, keeping her cool. So she became an apprentice. Big deal. Now she had to train, train, train. Then she would become a warrior, then deputy, then leader. Easy peasy. "Can we train now?" She asked impatiently.
Palebrook
Palebrook congratulated the apprentices for becoming apprentices, though she wished one could have been here. They all looked like fun. It would have been nice. Though she did have Dewpaw.....but he wasn't very energetic. Oh well.
Shinestone
Shinestone looked around for Stormshadow, ignoring Kestrelstar's announcements. Where was he?

Glitch_Candle
May 27th, 2021, 02:37 PM
Vinepelt cheered for all the apprentices.

AppleCat4
May 27th, 2021, 02:48 PM
Jaynose called out the names of the new apprentices. She looked forward to seeing them become warriors and help around the camp.

Peril
May 27th, 2021, 03:06 PM
Rumblingstorm
The tom snorted at the apprentice's eagerness. Not yet. After the meeting, then we'll go do some hunting. he said with an amused smirk. He sat to face Kestralstar again and wrapped his tail around his paws.

[ FrostCat]

windtail
May 27th, 2021, 03:15 PM
silverpaw turned to go to her siblings but rainingkit growled at her and walked into the nursery crowkit stared at her for a moment then followed soon

Raven~
May 27th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Frostpaw sat down, annoyed. She did not like waiting.
Peril

Quickpaw
May 27th, 2021, 03:48 PM
~Stonewing~

Stonewing glared at the new apprentices.

~Silverkit~

Silverkit bounced up and down.

Willie Warf
May 27th, 2021, 07:30 PM

QueenCocaHead
Stonefoot was shaken from his thoughts when he has announced another apprentice. He chuckled sadly, it seemed like Kerstelstar wanted to cheer him up, he had been rather gloomy lately. He bent down to touch noses with her " Hey, if you ever want to talk to me, just know ill listen ok? I don't care how ridiculous it may seem, I wanna hear your opinions, alright?"

Fawnhearted
May 27th, 2021, 07:45 PM
Stonefoot was shaken from his thoughts when he has announced another apprentice. He chuckled sadly, it seemed like Kerstelstar wanted to cheer him up, he had been rather gloomy lately. He bent down to touch noses with her " Hey, if you ever want to talk to me, just know ill listen ok? I don't care how ridiculous it may seem, I wanna hear your opinions, alright?"

Violetpaw nodded eagerly, glad she had a kind and sensible mentor.

wolfie
May 27th, 2021, 09:02 PM
A faint of a smile grew on Wormbite's face, he suspected the meeting would go into Thunderclan if they hadn't already discussed it but it was nice for something.. calmer. "Softpaw! Riverpaw! Violetpaw! Silverpaw! Frostpaw! Webpaw!" He chanted the names out in sync with his clanmates.

Willie Warf
May 27th, 2021, 09:24 PM
Violetpaw nodded eagerly, glad she had a kind and sensible mentor.
Stonefoot smiled. Maybe this is who will make him feel better.

Feathercreek
May 28th, 2021, 08:14 AM
"I can't wait til your an apprentice!! I'll save a spot in the den for you", Violetpaw said excitedly as she butted her head against Silentkit.

Silentkit laughed, and butted Violetpaw back.

spade
May 28th, 2021, 10:41 AM
[ as always check for double mentions! ^^ ]

After giving the apprentices a few moments to get acquainted with their mentors, Kestrelstar stepped forward once more, noting that a few of them - both apprentices and mentors - had not gone to greet one another. A pity, as he assumed he'd be doing more reassignments in the near future.

"We also have an apprentice in need of a new mentor."

"Hailpaw [@ The Flying Pizza ], your mentor Heronflight has moved into the nursery as a queen and will be kitting soon, so for now your training will be taken over by Looncry
[ Jayfeather 76 ]."

Letting his gaze sweep over to make sure apprentices found mentors, the leader continued.

"A few of our missing apprentices have also seen fit to join us - Saltpaw has returned as well as Smokepaw and Rosepaw. Saltpaw [ Panda1440 ] you will need to continue your training. Plumstorm [ implimm ]," Kestrelstar swung his yellow gaze to pick out the new warrior in the crowd. This would come as a surprise to her, but he had faith in the way that Lionstorm had trained her that she would be excellent. "You will be continuing Saltpaw's training."

"Smokepaw [ ~dust~ ] is the other apprentice who has returned to us, and I trust that Wormbite [ x ghostie ] will see to it that his training is also completed."

"Rosepaw [ Roseleader ] you have recently returned to us after quite awhile away, but you still need to complete your training. Your mentor will be Jaynose [ AppleCat4 ]."

He gave a beat or two for the returning apprentices to find their new mentors, allowing them to touch noses and get acquainted before moving on to the rest of the missing cats.

"A few cats have returned to us after going missing as well - Rainkit [ CreativeWolf ], Birchkit [ Peril ], and Beetlekit [ Roseleader ] - who is now known as Beechkit - who all wandered out of the nursery. I trust the queens will keep a more secure eye on them this time. And Birchclaw [ Moonlightwolfpup ] has found her way back as well. Be sure to welcome them back if you see them."

Kestrelstar would give his Clan a moment or two to adjust to the news before moving on. His eyes caught the goofy smile of Junipersong - a light amidst a sea of glaring darkness, and his yellow eyes danced with gratefulness. There were still a few cats glaring at him and the Clan as a whole - Stonewing being one of them, interestingly enough - but he pushed it away.

There was one cat he'd been hoping to see, a familiar silver pelt with some darker gray spots. He hadn't seen the cat in question since their little... rendezvous out by the cliffs. Had Kestrelstar scared him? Was he still sleeping outside the walls of the camp? A prickle of guilt pierced him, but the leader didn't let it show as he watched the Clan below.

gs29513 Rani Dipper Papaya Puddle~ Shade. Zesty Mango Rainquail Willowfern elysian Rockfall ~Fierceclaw~ Dizerel AntiAngelic Lavender’fur Corpse da bunny Starfall EriBarry fallepoch Moon Kit Kyrieknight Aquilex Shimm Redthorn Zero r1verstone Kunaiskrill jimothy Silverfur & Co thurz Fuzzy hope Pheasantflight Bread FrostCat Rxmulus Dragonshifter Cobra shaded shadow -Skyfall- Exis Sparrowsong and Co. Tiabirb MooingPanda Appleheart Jackpot wren Rippleshade SilverMuffin Fern Quickpaw Oakpaw1 Star Dashie Angelique Cherry_Jay Fawnhearted feather lily littlelove FireyZack Sklee Topaztaill pink leaves leopardstrike4 Stormpoppy Sky13 SilverSketches windtail Wintersun Dahliamoon Feathercreek @keiryn Comet Wrenpaw11 Ashnose Pyrobugg Doritopaw123 ShadowWing65 Virgo Bush Aspensong Minty im a cat ~^*Snow'Drop*^~ Redtalon

Akira
May 28th, 2021, 10:43 AM
Was that it? Probably not. Reedpaw looked back at the apprentices' den. He wanted to nap, but there was probably other important stuff, right? So he decided to stay... for now, anyway.

~Mothman~
May 28th, 2021, 10:45 AM
Puddlekit chased his tail before settling down and lying on his back. This was boring...

starry
May 28th, 2021, 10:47 AM
Mistykit

Mistykit smiled at the mention of her brother and him being back. She padded over to him. "Birchkit?" she asked. "Where've you been? I missed you!

Peril

Galaxy_
May 28th, 2021, 10:48 AM
Stormpelt slucked over to the meeting places not looking up at his leader. he mumbled underneath is breah.

Fenz
May 28th, 2021, 10:49 AM
Riverpaw
Riverpaw looked up at her leader admiration shone in her eyes like stars in the night sky. Her paws couldn’t sit still is he going to say more or is it over idk! her frantic movements attracted one of her close friends. Looking up to see streampaw she smiled hello streampaw she mewed towards the older apprentice.
Streampaw
Streampaw smiled at the younger apprentice as she sat down next to her it’s ok he’s not done yet at least I don’t think so she mewed.
Streamfern
Streamfern sat a little ways away watching intently

Jay.
May 28th, 2021, 10:50 AM
// The Flying Pizza \\

Looncry || Closed

Looncry stared at Kestrelstar stunned, he did not expect getting an apprentice. Honestly he never though he would get one. But even he knew that it was a serious ceremony so he wasn't going to start screaming at Kestrelstar.

He scanned the clearing for his new apprentice and started padding toward Hailpaw.

Fawnhearted
May 28th, 2021, 10:55 AM
Mistpaw listened to the rest of the news, more apprentices that was good! She wouldn't be stuck with all the duties and she had more time to harrass hang out with Hailpaw!

After the announcements she congratulated the new apprentices and left the camp, she was bored so fishing would be good and it would feed the clan and the newest rearrivals.

Violetpaw listened to the rest of the announcements, normally she would find these boring but SHE WAS AN APPRENTICE NOW! After they ended, she walked towards the Apprentices Den tentatively and chose a spot that she could tell was unused in the back.

Peril
May 28th, 2021, 11:00 AM
Birchkit
The tom purred as his sister approached. Oh, hey Misty! I went out of camp on a dare like the idiot I am. he said. He rubbed his cheek to her's and cuffed her ear with his paw. He had always loved messing with his sister.

[ Stormpoppy]

starry
May 28th, 2021, 11:01 AM
Mistykit

Mistykit slightly smiled. "Who gave you the dare?" she asked. "Did you get into trouble?"

Peril

Panda1440
May 28th, 2021, 11:03 AM
Saltpaw felt quite embarrassed at the fact he went 'missing' .. and- who was this mentor. What if the training is too hard??! .. what- if i'm not good at it- ,,, . The tabby tom glanced around, hoping Plumstorm would find him quickly. At least I kinda know how to swim..

[ implimm]

~Loona Hellhound~
May 28th, 2021, 11:13 AM
~Birtchclaw~
[Open!]

Birtchclaw smiled abit being welcomed back she then lied down laying her head on her paws looking as everyone greeted others that they missed

poppy
May 28th, 2021, 11:14 AM
Ace and June sat huddled together off to the side, in the far corner. Ace used his larger form to sort of shelter his sister. Had they been forgotten? No... that Kestrelstar wouldn't. Right?! The plump ginger tabby tom-kit licked her cheek, looking up. Maybe he was pausing for reactions.

June was looking around at the cats. The Clan kits were so... rowdy. And everything smelled strange. Her eyes darted over and she saw two kits greeting each other. And then kits running to their parents. But June couldn't do that anymore, her past was behind her, and her parents were in her past.

{OPEN?}

plum
May 28th, 2021, 11:17 AM
Plumstorm, napping in her newly selected nest in the warrior's den, was trying to ignore the buzz and chatter of the meeting outside. It was just a bunch of ceremonies. But, lying there irritably, she'd long given up by the time she hears Kestrelstar name her as someone's mentor. Wh...atttt?

The silver molly blinks, looking at the mouth of the den as if she'd misheard, then stands and slips out into the sunlight. It was probably evident that she was having a doze- Bleary eyed and scowling at the contrast of light to shade. She probably pulled a pretty sour face up at the leader without meaning it in any way, before looking for this Saltpaw.

Probably the kid looking around without anyone talking to them. Yeah, that one. OH NO NOT THAT ONE NOT THAT ONE. Backtracking, Plumstorm locates the real Saltpaw and steps over. "Hi," she meows breathlessly, having narrowly avoided death by self-embarrassment with the other cat, whoever the hell they were.

"Hi."
[ Panda1440 ]

starry
May 28th, 2021, 11:19 AM
Ace and June sat huddled together off to the side, in the far corner. Ace used his larger form to sort of shelter his sister. Had they been forgotten? No... that Kestrelstar wouldn't. Right?! The plump ginger tabby tom-kit licked her cheek, looking up. Maybe he was pausing for reactions.

June was looking around at the cats. The Clan kits were so... rowdy. And everything smelled strange. Her eyes darted over and she saw two kits greeting each other. And then kits running to their parents. But June couldn't do that anymore, her past was behind her, and her parents were in her past.

{OPEN?}

Fernstream

The queen noticed some cats she had never seen before in RiverClan. Making up her mind, she padded over. "Hello. I'm Fernstream, one of RiverClan's queens. How about you?" she asked the two cats politely.

SilverMuffin
May 28th, 2021, 11:52 AM
Vinepelt gave Kestrelstar a mean glare, then gave Splashleap a mean glare, and then sat down.

[Mossyhaze]

The tom snorted, sitting down beside Vinepelt. "Sometimes I wish we had a fox as our leader." He told the she-cat, laying a tail on her back again sympathetically and flicking his whiskers as he stared up and watched. Understandably so, he wasn't appointed an apprentice. Excitement still itched in his chest thinking about having one in the future though. He gladly called the new apprentice's names, happy to have more warriors in the clan. "I can't wait to get my own apprentice! I want to teach them everything I know. Including how to bad mouth leaders!"

Quickpaw
May 28th, 2021, 02:14 PM
~Stonewing~

The only thing Stonewing hated more than apprentices was kits. Well, if you're talking about cats. Foxes and such were also horrible.

~Silverkit~

Silverkit stared at the kits who had been called for sneaking out of camp. He didn't know any of them. In fact, he didn't know any kits. Well, his littermates and Shykit, but that was all. I should talk to them, he thought. Or not. They might not like me. Besides, I've got Shadykit. And Brookkit.

Glitch_Candle
May 28th, 2021, 02:47 PM
SilverMuffin Vinepelt sat down with him "atleast a fox wouldn't put us through this." She mumbled.

Ziera
May 28th, 2021, 05:14 PM
The queen rolled her eyes at his teasing. She was aware of his flinch, and she mildly regretted her brutal honesty. But...wasn't life just as brutal? It didn't care if a cat lived or died...it cut lives short all of the time.
No matter how casual his tone, his boasting caught a look from Fireflower. One of utter disbelief, her eyes wide. "No way! Two fish at once? Who taught you that?" She said, her whiskers twitching. "I need to see that one to believe it," Fireflower mused.

"Eh, kits are kits. They're fighting among themselves, but really...who can blame them? They only echo what they see and hear. And can ya guess what the hot topic has been these days, Ottie?" Her question was rhetorical, but her eyes held a deep anxiety. Her own kits might be born into this mess. Their kits...

While not official, it was still in the back of her mind that Ottersplash was indeed the father of her kits. They were good friends, but they had never quite settled on being mates for good. They were still young, with plenty of options around both of them. And hey, if Ottie found himself a pretty lady, or even a handsome tom, Fireflower would only have too much fun teasing them!

No, Fireflower didn't love Ottersplash that way. She loved him as her best friend and closest confidante, but her nose wrinkled every time the mere idea of making things official came up in her head. Kits or no, Fireflower didn't view Otter as her mate. Their friendship was stronger than that.

// Otter le Splash

Otter puffed out his chest in mock pride. "A lovely she-cat by the name of Starlingflight taught me, and if you could do me a favor and act less surprised, that would be great." He was teasing -- the warmth in his eyes was obvious. "I'll prove it to you. I planned on dropping off the prey in the nursery."

Can you guess what the hot topic has been these days, Ottie? Yeah....yeah, he could guess. Ottersplash swallowed hard. He would have shrugged it off with a smile or a deflecting comment, but when their eyes met, he noticed the apprehension inside hers. Maybe with other cats he wouldn't point it out for their sake, but that kind of thing just looked so out of place on Fireflower.

"Hey," he mewed. Otter brushed his forehead against hers. "It's going to be okay, Fire. Promise. If you wanna worry about something, worry about how the nursery will be overrun with mini troublemakers and it'll be a tug-of-war for control."

Ottersplash knew said 'troublemakers' were part from him, too, but he didn't feel entitled to them. They were Fire's -- kits she wanted, kits she would keep -- hers. That didn't mean Otter wouldn't be there to lend a supporting paw when his friend needed it though. Just try and stop him.

Kestrelstar spoke again, and Ottersplash's attention got sucked into the clan meeting. He cheered the new apprentices' names with his clanmmates (elated that so far, no horrible, traumatizing events rolled in out of nowhere.)

Moon Kit
May 28th, 2021, 06:09 PM
Where was Darksun? The newly named Softpaw didn't see her mentor anywhere. "Um... Darksun?" she asked tentatively, looking around.
thurz

Nostalgia
May 28th, 2021, 09:06 PM
Frostfeather blinked in surprise as a small gasp escaped her. She was going to be an mentor! She scrambled to her paws and walked towards Firepaw, her ears twitching in joy.

“ I hope we’ll treat each other well” she meowed as she touched her nose to his.

Bramblefire01

Tiabirb
May 28th, 2021, 09:06 PM
// Otter le Splash

Otter puffed out his chest in mock pride. "A lovely she-cat by the name of Starlingflight taught me, and if you could do me a favor and act less surprised, that would be great." He was teasing -- the warmth in his eyes was obvious. "I'll prove it to you. I planned on dropping off the prey in the nursery."

Can you guess what the hot topic has been these days, Ottie? Yeah....yeah, he could guess. Ottersplash swallowed hard. He would have shrugged it off with a smile or a deflecting comment, but when their eyes met, he noticed the apprehension inside hers. Maybe with other cats he wouldn't point it out for their sake, but that kind of thing just looked so out of place on Fireflower.

"Hey," he mewed. Otter brushed his forehead against hers. "It's going to be okay, Fire. Promise. If you wanna worry about something, worry about how the nursery will be overrun with mini troublemakers and it'll be a tug-of-war for control."

Ottersplash knew said 'troublemakers' were part from him, too, but he didn't feel entitled to them. They were Fire's -- kits she wanted, kits she would keep -- hers. That didn't mean Otter wouldn't be there to lend a supporting paw when his friend needed it though. Just try and stop him.

Kestrelstar spoke again, and Ottersplash's attention got sucked into the clan meeting. He cheered the new apprentices' names with his clanmmates (elated that so far, no horrible, traumatizing events rolled in out of nowhere.)

"Starlingflight?" Her attention snapped toward said black and white she-cat as she scolded the two warriors for something that wasn't within earshot. Fireflower blinked. "Seems grumpy to me. But you say she's lovely? Didn't know you had a taste for the older gals," Fire teased him. "You'll definitely have to show me sometime. Must be pretty good skills, cause the fresh-kill pile looks stocked!" It was a compliment, and she meant it. If more warriors fished like that, they'd have no problem keeping up their food stores.

But the comment of troublemakers made Fireflower laugh softly at him, shaking her head and pointing her nose to the ground. "StarClan give me strength!" She prayed, "It's definitely going to be a busy time for RiverClan." The comment wasn't directed so much toward her kits, but toward the future of their Clan. A lot was happening...and it just seemed scary to try and raise kits now. But there wasn't a whole lot she could do about it. "You're right." Se mewed, "It's life, you know? We're warriors. We fight to survive. To protect and feed each other. We all have our place. We all have our duties to the Clan we serve."

Fireflower sighed deeply and relaxed, her thoughts drifting to the kits within her belly. They stirred slightly, but she knew she had at least a few more moons before they were born.

Mango
May 28th, 2021, 10:16 PM
Puddle~

Webpaw glared around as she realized very quickly that Berryscorch wasn’t coming to her. How dare that warrior disrespect her by not rushing to her to begin training. She angrily began to stomp over to Berryscorch, her fur slightly smoking as she growled as she reached her mentor,” Fleabrain, you were suppose to come to me not the other way around.” she bared her teeth angrily at the warrior who was her mentor apparantly who she had zero respect for.

wolfie
May 28th, 2021, 10:53 PM
~dust~
Wormbite's ears perked at the mention of his name. He was getting.. an apprentice? What. It wasn't his first time at least. He had Lightpaw before uh, his disappearance. She was tolerable. All he could hope was that this Smokepaw was too. Speaking of which, where in the dark forest was he?

The tom stood up, glancing about blindly. He made an noise of annoyance -- mainly at himself as he head up front. Hopefully Smokepaw was lurking about there. "Smokepaw?" Wormbite called out, his ears perked up and in tune to hear the apprentice's voice.

JackHunt_17
May 29th, 2021, 07:08 AM
Frostfeather blinked in surprise as a small gasp escaped her. She was going to be an mentor! She scrambled to her paws and walked towards Firepaw, her ears twitching in joy.

“ I hope we’ll treat each other well” she meowed as she touched her nose to his.

Bramblefire01
(I killed Firepaw, sryyy!)

AppleCat4
May 29th, 2021, 09:47 AM
Roseleader

Jaynose was filled with pleasant surprise. She was getting an apprentice! What a great responsibility. She looked toward Rosepaw. ”Alright. I take it you’ve trained at least a little bit before going missing? Where are you at so far?”

Panda1440
May 29th, 2021, 11:03 AM
"oh- uh,, hi??" The grey tabby backed up a little nervously, hoping this cat wasn't going to kill him or attack, or chase orrrr anything else of the sort. "Ar- are you Plumstorm?" Saltpaw had yet to know more then a few of his new clanmate's names. Kestrelstar was the one up on the rock, but he hadn't even seen Fishspeckle yet- the cat who did his 'joining'.

[ implimm]

spade
May 29th, 2021, 11:31 AM
As the chatter died down from welcoming the returning cats and mentor reassignments, Kestrelstar raised his tail once more for attention. The words spoken below him between Mossyhaze and Vinepelt were not lost on him, and he made a note to himself to speak with both of them after the meeting. He already had a punishment in mind for Vinepelt, but Mossyhaze... he would just need to be spoken to and perhaps given apprentice duties if he so chose to act like one.

But that could be dealt with later. Next up was a ceremony that Kestrelstar was rather excited for. Some good news in a sea of turmoil, one of his apprentice finally reaching warrior status. It warmed his heart to see how far she'd come, despite the few bumps in the road that had happened.

"I am proud to announce that we have an apprentice who had passed her warrior assessment and is ready to take her place among RiverClan as a warrior," he announced, glancing around for the familiar black pelt. Kestrelstar was certain that she would excel, and he leapt down from the Streamstone the complete the traditional warrior ceremony.

"Nightpaw [ Kunaiskrill ], come forward."

Kunaisoul
May 29th, 2021, 11:51 AM
As the chatter died down from welcoming the returning cats and mentor reassignments, Kestrelstar raised his tail once more for attention. The words spoken below him between Mossyhaze and Vinepelt were not lost on him, and he made a note to himself to speak with both of them after the meeting. He already had a punishment in mind for Vinepelt, but Mossyhaze... he would just need to be spoken to and perhaps given apprentice duties if he so chose to act like one.

But that could be dealt with later. Next up was a ceremony that Kestrelstar was rather excited for. Some good news in a sea of turmoil, one of his apprentice finally reaching warrior status. It warmed his heart to see how far she'd come, despite the few bumps in the road that had happened.

"I am proud to announce that we have an apprentice who had passed her warrior assessment and is ready to take her place among RiverClan as a warrior," he announced, glancing around for the familiar black pelt. Kestrelstar was certain that she would excel, and he leapt down from the Streamstone the complete the traditional warrior ceremony.

"Nightpaw [ Kunaiskrill ], come forward."
Nightpaw looked to him, eyes gleaming. “R-really?” She stepped forward. The moment was finally here.

Rizo
May 29th, 2021, 12:06 PM
Wolfsong looked up from cleaning a paw as her sister, Moonfrost, bumped her with her shoulder. She steadied herself and glanced at Moonfrost sideways, flicking the dark she-cat's ear with her tail. Moonfrost responded by narrowing her gaze in amusement, then pointed with her muzzle towards the Streamstone.
"I know, I know, I'm watching," Wolfsong murmured, an ear twitching in mild irritation.

Quickpaw
May 29th, 2021, 12:45 PM
~Stonewing~

Stonewing continued to glare, trying to make Nightpaw uncomfortable.

~Silverkit~

Silverkit watch with a joyful expression on his face. That'll be me someday!

WarriorzFan
May 29th, 2021, 02:19 PM
Quietclaw arrived just in time to see a 'paw getting ranked up to warrior. "I missed all this?" "WOW! I am such a kittypet." he said sadly, remembering when he was going through this. he would have to tell Night(Idk the warrior ending) he was really sorry.

Roseleader
May 29th, 2021, 04:40 PM
Rosepaw said I haven't exactly learned how to hunt on land yet but except for that I'm pretty much done with my training. AppleCat4

gs29513
May 29th, 2021, 05:09 PM
Splashleap was pleased to see the meeting was progressing smoothly, although if it hadn't that would definitely have been cause for worry. All that had happened was routine, with new apprentices and mentor reassignments, things that every cat expected and didn't really look forward to unless they were involved. She saw Vinepelt muttering with another warrior, and briefly shot a glare at the troublesome molly, but figured whatever it was wasn't sufficient to start any screaming yet. Once Kestrelstar got around to what was sure to be a fairly harsh punishment after the gathering debacle......then they might get some yowling. But for now, a warriors ceremony was much more positive, and Splashleap smiled as Nightpaw was called forward.

AppleCat4
May 29th, 2021, 05:40 PM
Rosepaw said I haven't exactly learned how to hunt on land yet but except for that I'm pretty much done with my training. AppleCat4

Jaynose nodded. ”Okay, then. Once the meeting’s over, I’ll take you to learn.”

spade
May 29th, 2021, 07:08 PM
His first apprentice to reach warriorhood. A shot of pride flashed through him, and it clearly rang in his eyes as he stood before Nightpaw. Though they hadn't understood each other all the time, Kestrelstar knew that it was written all over his face, just how proud he was of her. Stepping up, finishing her warrior training despite the atrocities that RiverClan had faced... she has a true warrior spirit.

"I, Kestrelstar, leader of RiverClan, call upon our warriors both past and present to look upon this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." They weren't the traditional words, but then again Kestrelstar didn't share the same strength of belief in dead ancestors as much as some of his Clanmates did.

Bringing his yellow gaze from the sky back down to Nightpaw, he watched her, studying her as he continued the ceremony. "Nightpaw, do you promise to protect and defend RiverClan, even at the cost of your life?"

Kunaiskrill

MooingPanda
May 29th, 2021, 08:54 PM
Brambleheart blinked. He hadn't realized so many cats had returned to the Clan. He glanced around quickly, noticing some new faces. He looked toward Kestrelstar once more as he made his next announcement.

Kunaisoul
May 30th, 2021, 04:32 PM
His first apprentice to reach warriorhood. A shot of pride flashed through him, and it clearly rang in his eyes as he stood before Nightpaw. Though they hadn't understood each other all the time, Kestrelstar knew that it was written all over his face, just how proud he was of her. Stepping up, finishing her warrior training despite the atrocities that RiverClan had faced... she has a true warrior spirit.

"I, Kestrelstar, leader of RiverClan, call upon our warriors both past and present to look upon this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." They weren't the traditional words, but then again Kestrelstar didn't share the same strength of belief in dead ancestors as much as some of his Clanmates did.

Bringing his yellow gaze from the sky back down to Nightpaw, he watched her, studying her as he continued the ceremony. "Nightpaw, do you promise to protect and defend RiverClan, even at the cost of your life?"

Kunaiskrill
Nightpaw looked up, and confidently said “I do!”

The Flying Pizza
May 30th, 2021, 07:00 PM
(Sorry this is a few day's late!) | Jayfeather 76 |

|Hailpaw|

The gray tom already knew about his mentor was kitting, so it was no surprise. He spotted his temporary mentor and mumbled a quick hello. Not that he didn't like his new mentor, it was just him needing to get used to Looncry as he was nervous around cats he didn't know.

Nostalgia
May 30th, 2021, 07:10 PM
Frostfeather pawed the ground in excitement as she waited for Krestrelstar to continue, she wanted to know what Nightpaw’s warrior name would be! She felt a small stab in the back of her heart as she tried to shutter the excitement down of thinking she would be a mentor. Her time would come she reminded herself.

~dust~
May 30th, 2021, 10:19 PM
smokepaws eyes darted looking around for his new mentor. he already had a shell ready for them and was just waiting. wormbite?
he called out hoping his mentor would find him.
x ghostie

Ziera
May 31st, 2021, 03:32 AM
"Starlingflight?" Her attention snapped toward said black and white she-cat as she scolded the two warriors for something that wasn't within earshot. Fireflower blinked. "Seems grumpy to me. But you say she's lovely? Didn't know you had a taste for the older gals," Fire teased him. "You'll definitely have to show me sometime. Must be pretty good skills, cause the fresh-kill pile looks stocked!" It was a compliment, and she meant it. If more warriors fished like that, they'd have no problem keeping up their food stores.

But the comment of troublemakers made Fireflower laugh softly at him, shaking her head and pointing her nose to the ground. "StarClan give me strength!" She prayed, "It's definitely going to be a busy time for RiverClan." The comment wasn't directed so much toward her kits, but toward the future of their Clan. A lot was happening...and it just seemed scary to try and raise kits now. But there wasn't a whole lot she could do about it. "You're right." Se mewed, "It's life, you know? We're warriors. We fight to survive. To protect and feed each other. We all have our place. We all have our duties to the Clan we serve."

Fireflower sighed deeply and relaxed, her thoughts drifting to the kits within her belly. They stirred slightly, but she knew she had at least a few more moons before they were born.

// Ottersplash

"Her growl is worse than her bite," Ottersplash returned in a lighthearted mew, recalling the way Starling called him "little one" and how warm it made him feel. Honey eyes sparkled with mischief when Fire prodded at his taste. "What's wrong with older gals?" Of course Ottersplash didn't look at Starling like that, even if he did think of her as lovely. "Don't worry. If I was in the right age range, she still wouldn't go for me. She knows a disaster when she sees one." Not that Fireflower didn't...but that was different. Disasters were her type.

He purred (softly to avoid attention), clearly pleased with Fire's praise. "I'll show you any time you want, Trouble. Just say the word."

Fireflower's description of life had him turning away from Kestrel to look at her. Otter felt that tickle in his throat he did when he wanted to say something...couldn't tell if he should swallow it or not.

Was that all they had to look forward to? Fighting...surviving...their 'place', duty. He didn't like that description of life. What about laughter, exhilaration, fun, love? Peace, friendship, connection? Ottersplash laughed to himself. This...this was where they always butted heads, huh? He was too naïve, a soul so disillusioned with reality he preferred dreaming with dreamers to death by monotony.

Otter wondered if one of Fire's little troublemakers would be a dreamer too.

"Look," he whispered, tail flicking in the direction of the streamstone where Nightpaw's ceremony took place. Ottersplash's eyes softened. "I love this moment. It's adorable."

spade
May 31st, 2021, 12:48 PM
A smile, a real genuine smile graced Kestrelstar's face as he heard Nightpaw swear of her continued loyalty. He had no doubt in his mind that she would be RiverClan until the day she died, and was proud that his first apprentice was taking the steps into warriorhood. While there were a few that seemed to disagree - most notably Stonewing - the leader didn't let that dampen the moment.

Nightpaw deserved this. This was her moment.

"Then by my powers as RiverClan's Leader, I give you your warrior name. Nightpaw, from this moment on you shall be known as Nightleap. We honor your strength and enthusiasm, and welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan."

Leaning forward, Kestrelstar touched his nose to the new warriors head, letting the moment be held by Nightleap as the Clan would inevitably began to call her name. "You've done good. I'm proud of you, Nightleap," the leader spoke softly, stepping back to watch the new warrior.

Kunaiskrill

gs29513 Rani Papaya Puddle~ Shade. Zesty Mango Rainquail Willowfern elysian Rockfall ~Fierceclaw~ Dizerel AntiAngelic Lavender’fur Corpse da bunny Starfall EriBarry fallepoch Moon Kit Kyrieknight Aquilex Shimm Redthorn Zero r1verstone Peril jimothy implimm Silverfur & Co thurz Fuzzy hope Pheasantflight Bread FrostCat Rxmulus Dragonshifter Cobra shaded shadow -Skyfall- Exis Sparrowsong and Co. Tiabirb MooingPanda x ghostie Redtalon Appleheart AppleCat4 Jackpot wren Rippleshade SilverMuffin Fern Quickpaw Jayfeather 76 Oakpaw1 Nostalgia Moonlightwolfpup finnzel Star Dashie Angelique Cherry_Jay Fawnhearted feather lily littlelove FireyZack The Flying Pizza Sklee Topaztaill Panda1440 pink leaves ~dust~ leopardstrike4 stormpoppy Sky13 SilverSketches windtail Wintersun Dahliamoon Feathercreek @keiryn Comet Wrenpaw11 Ashnose Pyrobugg Doritopaw123 ShadowWing65 Virgo Bush Aspensong CreativeWolf Minty im a cat Roseleader @~^*Snow’Drop*^~ OhZeeWolf ~Storm~ Riverfly Twilight Wing warriorcatsareamazing7 Saiko_Feather Mrs. Sloth Stormtoothof RiztheHuntress WarriorzFan Lightberry

Akira
May 31st, 2021, 01:09 PM
"Nightleap! Nightleap!" Witheredback, Toadpounce, Creekripple, Silvercreek, and Reedpaw cheered.

Quickpaw
May 31st, 2021, 01:12 PM
~Stonewing~

Stonewing nodded a faint approval but did not shout out Nightleap's new name.

~Silverkit~

Silverkit smiled and joined in with the cheers.

Fawnhearted
May 31st, 2021, 01:15 PM
"NIGHTLEAP NIGHTLEAP", Mistpaw cheered, as Violetkit echoed it running around and dodging tails.

Raven~
May 31st, 2021, 01:20 PM
"Nightleap! Nightleap!" Shinestone and Palebrook cheered, and Frostpaw echoed the chant a few moments later.

Sklee
May 31st, 2021, 01:24 PM
Amberpaw smiled, before yelling “Nightleap! Nightleap”! They deserved this moment.

Nostalgia
May 31st, 2021, 01:24 PM
Nightleap! Frostfeather chanted in union with her clanmates

Poprock
May 31st, 2021, 03:04 PM
Bumblestep purred as Kestrelstar gave Nightleap her new name. She deserves this. He thought warmly. "Nightleap! Nightleap! Nightleap!" He chanted with a smile.

Abyssopelagic
May 31st, 2021, 03:42 PM
Palepaw blinked bleerily at her Clanmate, the newly named Nightleap.
"Congrats Nightleap," she mumbles, bored, disappointed.
More than a little hurt that a much younger apprentice was being named a warrior. That this apprentice's mentor had apparantly stuck around long enough to get her there. She scoffed at herself and looked away, suddenly wanting this meeting over with so she could sulk.

Rizo
May 31st, 2021, 04:52 PM
Wolfsong lashed her tail as she lifted her muzzle to the sky. "Nightleap! Nightleap!" She called in her singsong voice, bright and clear through the air.
Moonfrost stood and waved her tail in support, mouthing the name.
As the call died down the sisters looked at each other, excitement sparkling in their eyes.
"I hope we get apprentices some moon. We can train them together, just like we trained together," Wolfsong mused. Moonfrost headbutted her shoulder affectionately, a hoarse purr attempting to rumble from her throat.

Tiabirb
May 31st, 2021, 04:58 PM
Starlingflight

"Nightleap!" Starlingflight cried out, purring as the warrior swore her oath and earned her name. It was a good day in RiverClan...but Starlingflight knew there was more to this meeting.

Fireflower

Fireflower laughed at Ottersplash's denial. He was so funny sometimes. Did she really think he was a disaster? No, not really. But he was definitely a cat who wasn't afraid to be himself around others. He didn't conform to the rough and gruff 'I'm a warrior and I'm better than any other warrior' mindset. Those kind of cats made her want to slap them across the cheek. Wanna know the best warriors? Queens. Why? Cause they go through kitting, raise the kits, then carry on their warrior lives like champions. Queens, especially Fireflower, were not some soft and pushover types that enjoyed being catered to or disregarded when it came to fighting or hunting. Having kits was the way the Clan lived on. Raising them is the Queens' job. Did that mean they were soft just because they took a break from patrolling and hunting to tend to their little ones? No.

And Fireflower was more than capable of showing how not soft she was just because she had moved to the nursery last moon.

Her attention turned to the new warrior, and she purred loudly as she called the new warrior by name. "Nightleap! Nightleap!" She yowled, her voice ringing out over the clearing.
Redtalon

Roseleader
May 31st, 2021, 06:29 PM
Rosepaw shouted Nightleap! Nightleap! Beechkit attempted to cheer Nightleap's new name but nothing came out of the mute kit's mouth.

AppleCat4
May 31st, 2021, 08:07 PM
”Nightleap! Nightleap! Nightleap!” Jaynose called out the name of the brand new warrior. She loved these kinds of ceremonies. It was great to celebrate hard work coming to fruition.

MooingPanda
May 31st, 2021, 08:40 PM
"Nightleap, Nightleap!" Brambleheart cheered. He was glad that the Clan had another warrior.

Rani
June 1st, 2021, 04:44 AM
Snakeheart knew he was late listen he was a busy and had things he needed to do, his duties didnt wait just because Kestrelstar had things to announce (things he already was vaguely aware of too boot). He had plans to set in motion and thats just what he was doing so when he slipped back into the clearing very late for a meeting and dripping with water he explained nothing, simple sitting down and watching eyes grim as he looked up at the leader on the stone.

poppy
June 1st, 2021, 10:05 AM
Fernstream

The queen noticed some cats she had never seen before in RiverClan. Making up her mind, she padded over. "Hello. I'm Fernstream, one of RiverClan's queens. How about you?" she asked the two cats politely.
Ace looked up, eyes widening momentarily. A-Ace, and this is June. Nice to meet y-you.

Rizo
June 1st, 2021, 03:48 PM
Nightleap! Frostfeather chanted in union with her clanmates

Wolfsong nudged Moonfrost and pointed with her tail. "Let's go sit with her, maybe she's lonely." Moonfrost flicked an ear in acknowledgement and followed her sister as the silver she-cat padded around to sit next to Frostfeather.

"Hi, I'm Wolfsong, and this is my sister Moonfrost," she whispered as she took a seat next to the lone she-cat. Moonfrost gave Frostfeather a friendly blink and carefully layed down next to the two, listening to the conversation as the meeting continued.

Kunaisoul
June 1st, 2021, 03:51 PM
She looked to kestrelstar. “I never thought this day would come, thank you kestrelstar.. you helped me the most. I will strive to keep making you proud. I promise.” She looked to him, and then to her clan mates.
spade

Nostalgia
June 1st, 2021, 04:09 PM
Wolfsong nudged Moonfrost and pointed with her tail. "Let's go sit with her, maybe she's lonely." Moonfrost flicked an ear in acknowledgement and followed her sister as the silver she-cat padded around to sit next to Frostfeather.

"Hi, I'm Wolfsong, and this is my sister Moonfrost," she whispered as she took a seat next to the lone she-cat. Moonfrost gave Frostfeather a friendly blink and carefully layed down next to the two, listening to the conversation as the meeting continued.

Frostfeather blinked in surprise.

“Hello” she mewed softly. She was pleasantly surprised that her clan mates came up to her. “I’m Frostfeather, nice to meet you all. ” she shuffled her paws, she didn’t want to mess this up, this was the first time in a while where she got to talk to someone.

Rizo
June 1st, 2021, 04:47 PM
Frostfeather blinked in surprise.

“Hello” she mewed softly. She was pleasantly surprised that her clan mates came up to her. “I’m Frostfeather, nice to meet you all. ” she shuffled her paws, she didn’t want to mess this up, this was the first time in a while where she got to talk to someone.

Wolfsong let out a soft purr. "Nice to meet you, Frostfeather. So what else do you think Kestrelstar has planned for this meeting?" She washed as the meeting continued, drawing a paw over her ears.

Nostalgia
June 1st, 2021, 05:30 PM
Wolfsong let out a soft purr. "Nice to meet you, Frostfeather. So what else do you think Kestrelstar has planned for this meeting?" She washed as the meeting continued, drawing a paw over her ears.

Frostfeather’s eyes sparkled. “Well,” she began, “ this may be wishful thinking of mine but Krestrelstar has mentioned to me that I would soon be able to be a mentor... I suppose I hoped I would become one during this ceremony.”

She gave her chest an embarrassed lick.

“Are you a mentor Wolfsong? Moonfrost?” She asked gently

Rizo
June 1st, 2021, 05:36 PM
Frostfeather’s eyes sparkled. “Well,” she began, “ this may be wishful thinking of mine but Krestrelstar has mentioned to me that I would soon be able to be a mentor... I suppose I hoped I would become one during this ceremony.”

She gave her chest an embarrassed lick.

“Are you a mentor Wolfsong? Moonfrost?” She asked gently

Moonfrost shook her head as she waited for Wolfsong to answer.
"No, we aren't, not yet. We're hoping to become mentors together so we can train our apprentices together. Moonfrost can't speak, so it would be beneficial to work together," Wolfsong mused before running her tail over her sister's back. The dark she-cat let a hoarse purr sound from her throat, or at least tried to.

Nostalgia
June 1st, 2021, 05:42 PM
Moonfrost shook her head as she waited for Wolfsong to answer.
"No, we aren't, not yet. We're hoping to become mentors together so we can train our apprentices together. Moonfrost can't speak, so it would be beneficial to work together," Wolfsong mused before running her tail over her sister's back. The dark she-cat let a hoarse purr sound from her throat, or at least tried to.

Frostfeather smiled warmly at the two sisters. She admired the bond the two shared.

"That would be lovely, " she mused, "I can see that your future apprentices will be in good hands, probably will become close friends as well. I hope you'll let me tag along with my own apprentice when the time comes!" she dipped her head respectfully.

spade
June 1st, 2021, 07:43 PM
Kestrelstar nodded as Nightleap spoke her vow of continued loyalty, giving a wave of his tail before turning and bounding back up onto the Streamstone. The cheers that erupted below warmed his heart, and was a clear indication that despite everything, RiverClan would survive. They would not only survive, but they would rise to great heights and soon have the respect they deserved.

[ Rani ]
Out of the corner of his eye, a particular cat caught his interest. Snakeheart had left the den a little while after coming in to bandage Splashleap, and the leader hadn't thought to question where he had to go. But the water that dripped from his pelt and the unreadable expression cause a stir of anxiety within him. Why was he soaking wet?

It wasn't something Kestrelstar wanted to draw much attention to regardless, so he raised his tail for attention of the Clan once more. This was a long meeting already, and he wanted to wrap it up.

"We have a few new faces that have joined our ranks. Stormshadow had joined us from ShadowClan, swearing his loyalty to RiverClan and to his mate, Shinestone. In reflection of this, he will be known as Graystorm [ Peril ]," the gray tabby gave a nod to the tom, eyes moving from him to Shinestone. He'd keep an eye on them, but for now he'd put his trust in Shinestone [ FrostCat ].

"A new queen came seeking solace at our border named Dune. Her new name shall be Sandflower [ _Riverblossom_ ], and I expect the current queens to make room for her."

"Lastly, two kits thought they'd be brave and wander off into our territory alone. While I reminded them how dangerous it is, I could not simply push aside their aspirations. Ace and June - until you are of 6 moons, you shall be known as Goldenkit and Hollykit [ -Skyfall- ]. Fernstream [ ~Storm~ ], I see you've met them already," Kestrelstar nodded to the queen, "so I would appreciate if you're able to keep an eye on them."

He waited for a brief moment as he was sure there would be murmurings of the newcomers. If any cat had an issue though, Kestrelstar would keep an eye out and resolve any matters that came to the surface. He'd watch Graystorm closely and be taking him for swimming lessons, so he didn't see an issue there, and once Sandlfower was done kitting he'd do the same for her.

[ Rippleshade ]
Now it was onto a bit of a serious matter before wrapping the meeting up. "As some of you were aware, tensions were high at the last Gathering. One of our warriors - Vinepelt - took it upon herself to be a second leader of RiverClan and invite herself onto the leaders' rock at Seastones." Kestrelstar leaned forward to fix his narrowed gaze at the molly. "I will not tolerate this kind of disrespect. You're allowed to have opinions that differ from mine, but I will not have warriors acting like kits in front of the other Clans."

With a wave of his tail, Kestrelstar stood up straighter once more. "Until you can show me you know how to act like a warrior, you are demoted back to Vinepaw and are confined to camp for the next moon. It will be your reponsibility to make sure the elders, queens, and kits are all taken care of. Fail to do this, and we will re-evaluate your place as a RiverClan cat." Was the punishment harsh? He didn't think so. Kestrelstar didn't mind if his Clanmates' opinions differed from his, but he'd be damned if they acted like anything less than a strong unit in front of the other Clans.

"Stormtalon [ Redtalon ], I trust that you'll keep an eye on her to make sure she follows these orders, and if there are any issues I would like for you to let me know." the leader glanced at the warrior before flicking his tail to move on. Stars he wanted to end this.

"As for an update on the situation with ThunderClan. The border and Smallpines area is currently off limits to all apprentices. Any warriors who go to hunt in the area are encourage to take at least another warrior with them. Peonypaw was found dead at the border, the result of a lingering coyote. I myself will be making sure the mutt is gone."

Glancing down, he moved to the side of the rock and gestured for Splashleap to join him. "ThunderClan has also been testing the boundaries since the warning I gave at the Gathering, and an incident at the border has called for more serious measures to be taken. Splashleap's patrol was there for it, and I'd like her to share with you all what kind of cats we share our borders with." Yellow eyes gave an encouraging glance for the warrior to join him to share what her patrol had found.

[ gs29513 ]

Dipper Papaya Puddle~ Shade. Zesty Mango Rainquail Willowfern elysian Rockfall ~Fierceclaw~ Dizerel AntiAngelic Lavender’fur Corpse da bunny Starfall EriBarry fallepoch Moon Kit Kyrieknight Aquilex Shimm Redthorn Zero r1verstone Kunaiskrill jimothy implimm Silverfur & Co thurz Fuzzy hope Pheasantflight Bread Rxmulus Dragonshifter Cobra shaded shadow Exis Sparrowsong and Co. Tiabirb MooingPanda x ghostie Appleheart AppleCat4 Jackpot wren SilverMuffin Fern Quickpaw Jayfeather 76 Oakpaw1 Nostalgia Moonlightwolfpup finnzel Star Dashie Angelique Cherry_Jay Fawnhearted feather lily littlelove FireyZack The Flying Pizza Sklee Topaztaill Panda1440 pink leaves ~dust~ leopardstrike4 Sky13 SilverSketches windtail Wintersun Dahliamoon Feathercreek @keiryn Comet Wrenpaw11 Ashnose Pyrobugg Doritopaw123 ShadowWing65 Virgo Bush Aspensong CreativeWolf Minty im a cat Roseleader @~^*Snow’Drop*^~ OhZeeWolf Riverfly Twilight Wing warriorcatsareamazing7 Saiko_Feather Mrs. Sloth Stormtoothof RiztheHuntress WarriorzFan Lightberry

VexSkullz
June 1st, 2021, 07:49 PM
Kestrelsplash could only shake his head as he heard the Warrior be demoted. What a shame, but it was inevitable. And it'd be funny to see a Warrior-sized Apprentice walking about taking out the Elder's bedding again. But still... he felt bad for the former Warrior. That was definitely something he couldn't see himself doing.

Well done, tadpole.

Glitch_Candle
June 1st, 2021, 07:51 PM
Vinepaw/pelt idk anymore STARES into Kestrelstar's soul. hooooooooooooooooey. Her paws shuffled with embarrassment and anger. her fur prickled up. She almost bursted again. She was so mad, she was starting to control her temper, but super angry. (she still has the skills of a trained warrior, in battle that should show.)

Nostalgia
June 1st, 2021, 07:54 PM
"Graystorm!Sandflower! Goldenkit! Hollykit!" Frostfeather cheered. She wasn't sure how to respond to Vinepelt- no Vinepaw's demotion. She left her out of the cheers for now. A part of her hurt a bit, she was really looking forward to being a mentor.

All in good time she reminded herself. As she kept that thought to herself she felt a prickle of embarrassment flow up her spine. She had just told Wolfsong and Moonfrost that she was going to be a mentor and now she wasn't! She turned her gaze to the ground, not wanting to meet their eyes. She waited for Splashleap to continue.

Glitch_Candle
June 1st, 2021, 07:57 PM
Vinepaw ig stared at the enthusiastic warrior, and shifted the gaze to Frostfeather Nostalgia