PDA

View Full Version : RiverClan Floodstone

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

gs29513
October 14th, 2020, 10:32 AM
Ashpool loved the apprentices enthusiasm. This is what she needed while her mate was missing. She was sure he would return, but until then she needed a distraction. The molly swiped her tail over Twigpaw's back. "I'm sure you will. We'll watch the apprentices become warrriors now. So you can get a heads up when yours comes around.", Ashpool meowed. She was positive he would become one with her as his mentor.
Plopping down next to his mentor after another moment of standing up, Twigpaw watched carefully as all the apprentices said "I do". Little words for an important thing it seemed. Well, they meant a lot, if you got to be a warrior right after. With a nod, he listened as Ashpool told him about........stuff. He really didn't absorb a whole lot of it, mostly just listening and enjoying being talked to. Interaction was great after all. As she swiped her tail over his back, he lifted his, raising it before slapping it back down again. Wouldn't be such a good idea to tickle HER, now would it. He didn't want to have to do ticks his first day! That would STINK! In more ways than one. Everyone would go and see the territory, and he would have smelly mouse bile! Shaking his head rapidly to banish the thought, he fixed his gaze back on Lionstar, who was presumably about to give them their names.

Boulder
October 14th, 2020, 01:42 PM
Koisplash was sitting right outside the medicine cat's den, lost in her thoughts. However, as soon as the leader's voice rung through the camp, her ears prickeld and she hurried over to listen. After all, Lionstar certainly didn't waste his time on futile stuff. A warm smile spread across her muzzle as soon as the tom announced the ceremony. Kits were going to be made apprentices, and she couldn't contain a purr of excitement: it was an important stage of every cat's life, the beginning of a new chapter and new adventures. Despite her young age, she couldn't help but feel a bit aged. What she wasn't expecting, however, was to be assigned one of those kits. Was she... was she going to be a mentor? Koisplash felt a wave of enthusiasm spread through her body from the tip of her tail to her ears. Though after eagerness came worry: was she ready for this duty? Well, of course. Otherwise Lionstar wouldn't have mentioned her. Her first apprentice... Koisplash felt her chest get lighter as seconds went by, and she joined the chant of the newly apprenticed kits before glancing around. After all, she wanted to meet her apprentice!
The calico she-cat could see mentors and pupils gathering one with another, and she raised her haunches to set off and look for hers. Unluckily she wasn't very acquainted with the ki- er, apprentice Lionstar had called, but certainly she was updated with the Clan's youngsters. Her green eyes soon spotted a rather small frame of a young cat - probably the apprentice she was looking for. Without a second doubt, she approached the younger feline. "Hello there, you must be Cloudpaw." Koisplash greeted with a gentle nod of her head. After giving a warm smile, she reached out with her head, allowing their noses to touch for a brief second to seal the ceremony. "I am Koisplash, and I will be your mentor from now on!" The molly chose to keep to herself that she had no experience in mentoring at all: she wanted to give Cloudpaw plenty of memories and useful teachings.

| ShadowyUnknown |

BEAR.
October 14th, 2020, 02:05 PM
"Then by the powers of the Star Cats, I give you your warrior names.

"Lizardpaw [ Shadeleaf], from this moment forth, you shall be known as Lizardfrost. The Star Cats honor your intelligence and strength, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan. I'm proud of how far you've come.. I know losing Russetstrike was hard, but you have bounced back from your loss and proven yourself to be a formidible cat.

"Brightpaw [ ChillCat], from this moment forth, you shall be known as Brightsplash. The Star Cats honor your perseverance and energy, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan. You were very efficient with your training, at the cost of some more.. interactive relationships, so I look forward to seeing your growth from here." It wasn't to say she was inactive by any means: she wouldn't be here if so. But he knew she was less involved than her companions receiving their names, and he wanted to encourage her to fix that.

He thought he was being nice about it.

"Sootpaw [ sinister soot], from this moment forth, you shall be known as Sootspring. The Star Cats honor your agility and enthusiasm, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan. It's almost weird to think you two and Splashleap were some troublesome kits just a few moons ago, but I'm glad you all grew out of that." Maybe they could work to keep the younger kits in line now, since they had experience in being punished. "Your eagerness has always been a light in the dark, and I hope that doesn't fade. Keep your head up, Sootspring."

"Stealthpaw [ StealthWarrior], from this moment forth, you shall be known as Stealthfoot. The Star Cats honor your nimbleness and endurance, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan. Though you might not be the most punctual," referencing her failure to show up to his attempts to sort out where her training was at (he was still mad about it), "you have done well to finish your training in a timely manner and I'm happy to be giving you your warrior name. I expect only good things from you, Stealthfoot." Don't let him down, but a little less threatening.

After giving everyone a chance to call their names, Lionstar went on. "Unfortunately, with all these tidings, I have some bad news to share with the Clan.

"Normally the death of another Clan leader would be good for us, but this is not necessarily the case. I have received reports from several cats that Icestar was recently killed. Prior to her death, she demoted that Bruteflame deputy of hers in favor of her daughter.. a cat named Dawnstripe.

"I don't know much about this new cat, but I was told she is worse than her mother. Whether that is true or not, I want us to stay on our guard and to avoid any border disputes for the time being. We're normally good about our borders, but it takes one cat to make a mess of things. I want to assess the situation before we dip our toes into anything.

"Especially now that Fawnsqueak has resigned. This is a critical moment for us to remain healthy and fit without a medicine cat. I'm looking for replacements, but that does not mean we should get careless." Lionstar all but sighed, shaking his head with a low huff. "Star Cats knows what will happen in the future."

At least he had something good out of this. "In perparation for whatever may come, I have arranged a raid session with Twilightstar. At some point in this near future, WindClan will be launching a practice raid on our camp. They have been instructed to not intentionally harm us, and likewise I ask the same from you. You can whoop them, but you need to keep your claws sheathed and your bites from drawing blood. This is a practice, not the real thing. I know many of you have become lazy and your guard has been down, and I want our Clan to be ready for any attacks on us. If this goes well, we'll be doing a payback raid on their camp afterwards.

"If you have any questions, I'll be staying here a moment to answer them. Otherwise, you are all dismissed." [ wnder, Dipper, Phantom Puddle~, Creepy Cobra, Supernatural Slushie, hope, Zesty Mango, Mumble, Rainquail, implimm, Splashy, Leopardblaze, Elementals, MagicCat99, The Ink Demon, Shadeleaf, Greenleap, .:The Nightmare King:., Boo Bread, Lynxpaw, Zero, Moon Lily, Redtalon, ~dust~, gs29513, Neon Lights, Falco, Romulus, kittygirl, @Yellow Caballero, Exis, StarSpirit2009, SpookyScarySkeletons, Star Wolf, ChillCat, RussetShade, punkscape, Estelle, RedHead, eerie elysian, Rani, ~RooRoo~, StealthWarrior, ShadowyUnknown, RussetShade, Peril, Roseleader, Sklee, mellifluentCurator, Goldenmac, Evie, Starfall, dEsPaCiTo SpIdEr, Wings, Arie, Dart (The Nightlight), Jessica1917, Finpaw, Fox Art Studios, Nutella, Monster under the bed, vermin, Absol, l'esprit, linnyboowho, Jack, Boulder ]

JusticeRabbit
October 14th, 2020, 02:10 PM
Spottedpaw was ready to chant but quit. Oh no this is bad... I don't know if I'll be good at fighting!! she thought. then chanted "Lizardfrost!! Brightsplash!!! Sootspring!!! Stealthfoot!!!" she chanted happily.

Shade.
October 14th, 2020, 02:12 PM
Lizardpaw's heart beat rapidly as she swelled with pride. For the first time in ages, she allowed herself to smile.

"BRIGHTSPLASH, BRIGHTSPLASH!!!" called out Lotusheart. She realized she was yelling the most and shrunk back, embarrassed at disrupting the meeting. She was just very proud.

Caramel
October 14th, 2020, 02:18 PM
Wolfpaw visibly smiled at the sound of Brightpaw's warrior name, i mean...Brightsplash. This wasn't his ceremony but he was very happy for his former fellow apprentice, the fluffy tom glanced over to Lotusheart cheering.
"Brightsplash! Brightsplash! Brightsplash!" he joined in.

Elementals
October 14th, 2020, 02:25 PM
~Silentpaw of RC~

The tabby cheered on the new warriors who earned their warrior suffix but then wondered how did Shadowclan manage to swap deputies last minute. Shouldn't a deputy be a deputy for life? Why bother choosing a deputy if you were planning to throw them away like a piece of finished bone of a fish? He nodded his head understanding that this cat would probably be even worse than Icestar. Lionstar dismissed the meeting but said they would answer questions. Silentpaw hobbled through the crowd trying to get to the leader. Once he was finally there, the tabby tried to gather courage to talk.

"Uhm Mr.Lionstar... aa-am I ready to t-take the a-assessment?" he stuttered hoping that he leader would give him true feedback.

{ BILL. }

Starfall
October 14th, 2020, 02:39 PM
Gentlethunder
He still had yet to actually make it on time for a meeting. Seeing as though when he padded into camp Apprentices were being promoted, he assumed he was late. Simply sitting down near the entrance he whoo'ed and cheered for his new clanmates as they received their names.

Than came the mention of the death of Icestar...and her successor. "Family business huh?" he muttered to himself. How in the name of Starclan could someone be worse than Icestar? He tried to think of what could possibly make the new Shadowclan Leader worse...but all that came to mind were things that simply made his skin crawl. If she were to do what had come to mind, it would be best for all the clans to simply kill her.

Ears twitched as Bumblebutt brought up a raid from Windclan. Come to think of it they had gotten pretty buddy buddy with Windclan recently. Completley different from their previous history. It was laughable. "Wait, so what you're saying is I shouldn't accidentally get my arm cut off? Geeze, dang. There go my plans for today." he blurted out.

The Room Service Guy
October 14th, 2020, 02:47 PM
Minnowpaw was worried."Would I be good enough for a practice raid?",he thought.But for now he chanted the new warriors names."Lizardfrost!! Brightsplash!!! Sootspring!!! Stealthfoot!!!"

Wings
October 14th, 2020, 02:54 PM
-Bristlepaw-

Bristlepaw rolled his eyes, he didn’t really care to chant the names. Nor did he really care what was going on with the meeting. The practice raid sounded sooo boring and annoying. Though the news about ShadowClan kept his interest for a whole 2 seconds. And with being released by Goldencat he went back to the apprentice den and settled down for another well needed nap.

ChillCat
October 14th, 2020, 03:09 PM
Brightsplash jumped for joy. A WARRIOR! All that training was so worth it, and she was going to be the best warrior ever and make Riverclan proud! "Lotusheart! Lotusheart! Did you see that I'm a warrior now!" Shadeleaf

Mothshade was happy for the new warriors and apprentices and chanted their names, but the news about Shadowclan was...unsettling. At least a raid session with Windclan would help to keep his claws and wits sharp. He would definitely join the raid, but as they always did, the thoughts of being a medicine cat invaded his head. Ugh, what would Mother think of you.

The Room Service Guy
October 14th, 2020, 03:20 PM
Minnowpaw ran over to Brightsplash."Congrats on becoming a warrior!",he said. ChillCat

Exis
October 14th, 2020, 03:26 PM
Shellpaw looked around for Gingerfrost excited to get started.When she realized they wouldn’t be starting to day her tail dropped. “Where are we going?” She asked following behind her new mentor. Estelle

Middy
October 14th, 2020, 04:03 PM
~[Creekflow]~
{Redtalon}
----------------------------
The mottled tabby tom beamed at the newly-named warriors once Lionstar had finished with their ceremony. It was always great to see new faces in the warriors' den. StarClan knows that they trained hard to be where they're at. "Lizardfrost! Brightsplash! Sootspring! Stealthfoot!" he chanted alongside his clanmates. He stood up and stretched a bit before calling out, "Congrats you four! Welcome to warriorhood. Ya earned it kiddos." His face harbored a lazy smirk as he began to make his way over to where he spotted his apprentice, Brightpaw. He did promise he'd take him out to tour the territory after the meeting. Before he could, however, Lionstar began to speak once again. He had news to share it seemed and by the looks of it, it wasn't very good news. Creekflow settled down for a second time and paid close attention.

To say that he was disturbed and a bit unnerved at the news that was given would be an understatement. Icestar killed? Her daughter, Dawnstripe, to be the new leader? She was seemingly a cat worse than Icestar? This whole situation was a big, fat no from him. He inwardly shivered. StarClan help them all. What put him at ease was the scheduled practice raid with WindClan that's to happen sometime in the future. He was actually looking forward to it. It'll be an interesting experience for all.

As soon as Lionstar dismissed them, he got up and rushed straight for Brightpaw. It was time to head out. It'll be a good way to distract his mind and prevent it from going down a dark rabbit hole.

"Brightpaw? Ya finished there? It's time to skedaddle bud. We got the rest of the day for you to check out the territory. Tomorrow, we can start ya out on a hunting lesson. How's that sound?" he asked the apprentice once he stood in front of him, tone light and friendly. This was the start of his time as a mentor. He was nervous but felt ready.

Jessica1917
October 14th, 2020, 04:19 PM
Basilpaw was so excited! There was going to be a practice raid! That would be SO COOL! She knew she probably wasn't ready to participate in it, but maybe if they hurried her training she could! She cocked her head a bit at Lionstars words about Shadowclan. She didn't really know a whole ton about shadowclan. Honestly, she hadn't known anything other than they lived in the swamp and were sneaky. Maybe if she asked her mentor later he would tell her. Basilpaw chanted the names of the four new warriors. So cool!

shaae_26
October 14th, 2020, 06:51 PM
Lizardfrost!! Brightsplash!!! Sootspring!!! Stealthfoot!!!
Icetree and Heatherwing.

~Berry~
October 14th, 2020, 07:13 PM
Dovepaw flicked her tail.
Dawnstripe is worse than her mother!?
Star Clan knows what will happen now.

Inconsistency
October 14th, 2020, 07:23 PM
(I’ll try to make this as long as I can-) Frostpaw nodded slightly knowing she needed to clear things up with Stormtalon being friends with someone and someone related to them doesn’t exactly like you. It would be a good idea to start a small relationship. I’ll talk to him. She whispered taking her attention back to the meeting feeling quite embarrassed she changed herself to look more casual shifting her paws in a comfortable position and glueing her cloudy eyes to the leader once it was finally over Frostpaw headed for the apprentices thinking how she might make a a goo dish bond between her and Stormtalon. { Redtalon. }

Greenleap
October 14th, 2020, 08:50 PM
She listened closely, then nodded. She hoped that she would remember that there would be a practice raid as to not be surprised into hurting anybody.

Sklee
October 14th, 2020, 09:24 PM
Amberpaw was surprised. Yeah, she had heard of Icestar's death, but she hadn't been paying enough attention. I mean, she didn't even know who Dawnstar was! But a practice raid? That would be a good chance to get better at fighting. After her absolute flop of training against Glowpaw, she needed all the practice she could get.

Shade.
October 15th, 2020, 02:21 AM
ChillCat

Lotusheart walked over to hug her past apprentice.
"Yes, I did see. Congratulations!" she mewed.

BEAR.
October 15th, 2020, 04:07 AM
Well, that wasn't the kind of question Lionstar was expecting. Lionstar expected more about WindClan or ShadowClan.. but it wasn't a bad question by any means. "I don't know why Sparrowskip hasn't started yours." He didn't think he had to hold Sparrowskip's paw on training, did he?

"Hey Sparrowskip [ .:The Nightmare King:.], come here!" Lionstar gave him hardly a heartbeat before he went on. "Let's not keep apprentices waiting on their final assessments. I want you to take Silentpaw out right now and see if he's ready to become a warrior." Worse case scenario? He failed. Lionstar hoped not, though - Silentpaw had done a lot for the Clan. [ Elementals]

At Gentlethunder's comment, Lionstar shook his head. "I'll cut your leg off if you keep it up, Stormboob." [ Spoopy Starfall ]

Finpaw
October 15th, 2020, 06:25 AM
BILL.

The news that followed the usual announcements was concerning, to say the least. Pikepaw had only ever heard fleeting rumors about the situation with ShadowClan and how they apparently were led by some bloodthirsty molly or whatever; to find out they were not only true but that now a new, allegedly somehow even worse, leader had taken her place.. as Lionstar said, this was not a good time for them to be without a Medicine Cat.

And he couldn’t shake the feeling that just going through practice raids with WindClan wouldn’t do the utmost to help, either. It could simulate a real-life raid situation, sure, and give plenty of warriors and apprentices necessary “battle” experience- but it wouldn’t come close to how it’d be if ShadowClan actually did come for their camp. Less warning, actual bloodshed, completely different fighting and ambush styles to deal with: every variable was racing through his mind and none of them looked good for RiverClan.

With the concerns eating away at him, Pikepaw almost missed when Lionstar began answering other clanmates’ questions. Only to then feel mildly affronted to realize none of them asking about the much more pressing issue of possible death-by-ShadowClan.

Taking a little initiative for once in his life, Pikepaw stepped forward, lifted his head, and raised his voice just enough to catch Lionstar’s attention. “What else can we do to prepare in case ShadowClan turns hostile? Is just participating in a mock battle or two really going to be enough? How best can we apprentices help?”

Quasar
October 15th, 2020, 07:24 AM
snowfern lifted her head and chanted the new warriors names, a smile on her face. It seemed that more and more cats were rising in the ranks every den, and that was great! Though, she did wonder what the warriors den would look like in another moon or two. well, at least the dens were recently expanded, so they didnt have anything to worry about yet.

marshy
October 15th, 2020, 07:57 AM
Wait, he's done already? Huh, Sparrowskip still thought he had something left but whatever. He came running over. "Sorry about that Silentpaw! I didn't realize you finished! Thanks for the reminder Lionstar." He thought about what happens in a final assessment for a second before saying "Alright, Let's go!" Before leading Silentpaw into territory. Elementals

pidgeon
October 15th, 2020, 07:59 AM
"Lizardfrost! Brightsplash! Sootspring! Stealthfoot!" Mossygrove called out the names of the new warriors, having not done that in a rather long time. It felt...nice, cheering on her clanmates like this. At Lionstar's next announcement, she tensed. She knew he would announce her mother's death to the Clan, and she was at least glad that he didn't make a show out of it like she was honestly expecting him to. Icestar and Lionstar had never gotten along, and the yellow tom seemed to have greatly enjoyed pestering the former ShadowClan leader.

Mossygrove would not be going anywhere near the ShadowClan border anytime soon.

Inconsistency
October 15th, 2020, 08:28 AM
(Sorry for the late response I was really busy yesterday! I’ll try to make this as long as I can.) Cloudpaw has been looking for someone... His mentor... But mostly Splashkit. At least he would be able to talk to her and bring her prey... He almost didn’t notice his mentor until she talked to him he spun around and nodded. Yes. He mewed and leaned forward to touch noses with his mentor he got a really nice one! Yay! That was good. He wondered what type of training he would do first. Can we learn the territory’s? He asked excitedly. His tail swishing around happily. He bounced one time letting off a purr and grinning widely. { Boulder. }

gs29513
October 15th, 2020, 08:33 AM
SOOTSPRING! STEALTHFOOT! BRIGHTSPLASH! SOOTSPRING! STEALTHFOOT! Splashleap yowled, almost ready to fly away with excitement. She had really missed the jab about her and Sootspring being bad kits. Because really, who cared! Now they were good warriors, contributing! Toning herself down a bit at the mention of the Shadowclan problem, she decided to be a bit more careful around that border from now on. SHE certainly didn't want to be the one who messed things up! Her brain couldn't stay on not awesome topics for very long though, because her sister-but-not-quite was a WARRIOR! YES! Streaking forward with a purr, she rubbed against her, whispering quickly YES! Now we can sleep together and stuff! sinister soot
-----------------
Politely, Rushpaw raised her voice to chant the new warriors names. Sootspring! Stealthfoot! Brightsplash! while silently vowing that that would be her soon. SHE would be the one up there, getting her name chanted by the clan. She didn't know what her name would be, and she really didn't care as long as it wasn't anything gross. But oh, she couldn't WAIT to be a warrior! It would be STUPENDOUS!
--------------------
Springsoot! I mean, Sootspring! Twigpaw chirped, dancing in a little circle. Who were the other ones? And, um, Brightsplash! AND.........Stealthfoot! YES! New warriors! And HE wanted to be one! He was going to train so hard, and be the best warrior EVER! And beat up all of those Shadowclan cats before they could get anywhere NEAR the camp! They couldn't get past HIM! Really, they could, but he was a bit unreasonable with excitement at this point.

Rani
October 15th, 2020, 09:52 AM
Snakepaw was sitting quietly waiting for the major excitement to die down before slipping away from his sitting spot and moving to try and find his new mentor. Eagelflower Eagelflower Eagelflower where was Eagelflower. He quietly weaved his way through the crowded area trying to find the warrior, half an ear on the proceedings but not really any major interest in the topics.

Moon Lily

sootsplashed
October 15th, 2020, 09:54 AM
Sootpaw's Sootspring's heart swelled with pride as she listned carefully to Lionstar's words. She wished she could hear that over and over again all day, especially the last part. As cats started chanting her name, she turned around, smiling at everyone. Hmm, Icestar was dead? And her even worse daughter was leader? "Oh hey Splashleap!" She mewed cheerfully at her younger sister as she realized she was rubbing against her. "That's true! Now you gotta give me a tour of the warrior's den, I wanna know which part is the best to sleep in!" She didn't want to end up cold. "How about we go feather-hunting so we can make our nests cozy?"
// gs29513

gs29513
October 15th, 2020, 10:04 AM
HI! Splashleap purred, as SootSPRING responded with a purr. YES! We can check out the whole den, and I can show you.....EVERYTHING! And OOOH YES! her thoughts were cut off by the prospect of feather hunting. That sounded FUN! Feathers were fun! And warm! Double awesome! YES! We shall have the coziest nests EVER! Because we are awesome! There was really only one thing missing in her mind. Mom. She had known Antfrost was gone, and it hadn't been to bad actually, since they hadn't bonded tightly, but..........her not knowing that Sootspring was a warrior now was a little strange to her. She MUST want to know what happened to her kits, right? Didn't she? Maybe she was stuck somewhere! Maybe a twoleg had her!

Splashleap hadn't panicked when she hadn't seen her mother at first. She had assumed she had left for a little while, or gotten a little lost. She would be back soon. And then she had just..........forgotten about it. A bit more quietly now, she mewed Do you think we.......should go looking for mom? I mean, she doesn't know your a warrior, or about Shadowclan. I didn't really notice it when she......left, but.......I kind of miss her. The younger siblings do to I bet. At least she thought so. Maybe they could come to! It would be like.........family bonding time? And they could all find her? sinister soot (Wanted this IC before we made the thread! I think all the little kids are coming, I got to check with Arie about Eel though.)

Festive Neon
October 15th, 2020, 01:08 PM
"Hi Primrosepaw i'm your mentor Silversong"

StealthWarrior
October 15th, 2020, 03:11 PM
Stealthp-, no, Stealthfoot, smiled as she looked around bashfully, She was a Warrior!

Boulder
October 16th, 2020, 01:29 AM
Koisplash couldn't help but smile as soon as the apprentice spoke to her with such excitement. Maybe they could really get along well! She tilted her head slightly, as if she was thinking about the youngster's offer. The territory? That perhaps would've been a good thing. "Why not?" She meowed, before looking at the fellow cats still gathered. "If you're done here, we can go." The molly surely didn't want to take the apprentice away from what had been his ceremony. "Otherwise I'll wait by the entrance, but don't make me wait too long!" She added with an amused smile on her face. Maybe Cloudpaw wanted to congratulate with the other apprentices, or maybe wanted to talk to someone about his ceremony before heading out. It was normal, after all.

| ShadowyUnknown | No worries! Feel free to reply whenever! ^^ Lenght doesn't really matter to me |

kittygirl
October 16th, 2020, 08:38 AM
Featherfang was a bit surprised, she didn’t really want an apprentice...she was already trying to make more time for her mother! She sighed heavy before the apprentice got to her. She had been lacking so much sleep recently...this..this was going to be awful.

She perked up a little and forced a smile, ”I can’t wait to train with you! But you’re probably so much more excited then me.” Featherfang let out a wide yawn.

(Sorry, sorry.I know I’m late. I took a rather long break. My bad, I am so sorry. T~T)

~dust~

Inconsistency
October 16th, 2020, 01:54 PM
Cloudpaw nodded and bounced happily before turning to the nursery he opened his jaw as to call out then shut it. Why hadn't Splashkit been here anyway? To congratulate me! She didn't even come.. It didn't matter she obviously changed her mind after what happened. He thought bitterly and held his chin high his mentor sounded as if he should congratulate with other apprentices but he didn't know anyone.. What about Goslingpaw? She apparently had a grudge against their leader. Perhaps he should talk to her? But she was also so distant and odd..? They loved blood.. Gore.. No! Don't talk to them! Maybe Twigpaw? No. Maybe.. Never mind! No one would want to be my friend anyway! And lashed his tail calming down he regained his excitement and padded back over to his mentor. I'm good! He mewed. Let's go! He meowed happily. { Boulder. }

Boulder
October 16th, 2020, 03:06 PM
The calico molly watched the apprentice depart, and then with a motherly smile she stood up and approached the camp's entrance. She didn't mind at all being around young cats, and honestly that little fellow seemed to be very interesting. He certainly had much to give to the Clan. As soon as she reached the opening, and sat down once again. Actually it was a good thing that the apprentice had left her some time, so she could think about what to teach him. He wanted to learn about the territory, hm? Perhaps they could walk along the border, learn about the Clan's nature and surroundings. Right while she was thinking, she heard Cloudpaw's voice. "Alright! Do you want to visit the borders? Maybe we can learn something along the way." She meowed with an amused tilt of her head.

| ShadowyUnknown |

Inconsistency
October 16th, 2020, 03:14 PM
He nodded. I know, Windclan isn't that strong they depend on being super fast! He mewed. And Shadowclan they are always sleepy? Maybe? And Thunderclan doesn't fight well in the open! He exclaimed and started for out of the camp following them. { Boulder. }

Boulder
October 16th, 2020, 05:03 PM
The warrior looked at her apprentice with a surprised smile, nodding slightly. "Yeah, I guess you could describe them like that." She let out a purr of amusement towards the smaller cat. "Which border would you like to visit? I'd... avoid ShadowClan for now, though." Koisplash had heard what Lionstar had said about the new leader and all, and certainly she didn't want any trouble - especially when Cloudpaw was with her. After all she was somewhat responsible for him now.

| ShadowyUnknown |

Ziera
October 17th, 2020, 04:27 PM
// Middy [Did I miss any other posts? For some reason my mentions are being weird haha.]

Lizardfrost! Brightsplash! Sootspring! Stealthfoot! Cheers echoed around Brightpaw in a thrumming chorus he felt in the base of his paws. The new apprentice eagerly joined in with his own voice. Bright was so filled with clan pride, his grin hardly fit on his face.

But then - then Lion had some news. Bad news. Icestar...dead? Dawnstripe? For a moment, Bright tried to find Stormtalon's eyes in the crowd. What did his brother think about this? Did he know? But before Brightpaw could begin to process the announcement about ShadowClan, his new mentor approached. The black-furred tom straightened immediately; any ominous thoughts slipped into the back corner of his mind to be examined later. Maybe Creekflow would have an opinion, too. But... that was a question for a different moment. First? Territory.

Brightpaw beamed at Creekflow, comforted by his casual gait and lingering smirk. He didn't seem too put out by the news. Maybe it wasn't that bad after all. "Yes, I'm ready! And that sounds amazing, yeah."

~dust~
October 17th, 2020, 08:46 PM
Featherfang was a bit surprised, she didn’t really want an apprentice...she was already trying to make more time for her mother! She sighed heavy before the apprentice got to her. She had been lacking so much sleep recently...this..this was going to be awful.

She perked up a little and forced a smile, ”I can’t wait to train with you! But you’re probably so much more excited then me.” Featherfang let out a wide yawn.

(Sorry, sorry.I know I’m late. I took a rather long break. My bad, I am so sorry. T~T)

~dust~

She smiles a her mentor widely then says
Feather-otter. I’m so glad your excited I’m excited to, you know echo otter she’s an apprentince she’s my best best best friend! Do you think one day we can train together? Do ya?
Her pelt quivers with excitement

kittygirl
October 17th, 2020, 09:55 PM
Featherfang tilted her head slightly, Why was she saying “feather otter”? she just shrugged a bit and smiled sweetly, ”It’s actually featherfang! And I assume you mean echopaw?” she corrected.

Featherfang didn’t really have much to do today so some training wouldn’t hurt, she started thinking of what to do and nodded at her idea. “We can head over to the Training Island and you and echopaw can do some battle trading. That’s if echopaw would like to join us.” she kinda knew echopaw would want to come since most apprentices are so quick to wanting to become a warrior.

Featherfang remembered the goal she set for herself as an apprentice, she was never able to meet that goal...but what if she could push lotuspaw to be the youngest warrior in riverclan...was it possible to get all their training done in one day?

~dust~

Middy
October 18th, 2020, 02:00 AM
~[Creekflow]~
{Redtalon-Nope! No worries. Mine were also being kind of weird. I'll mention you over at the territory once I post there so Creekflow and Brightpaw can get to touring with Ashpool and Twigpaw. ^^}
Creekflow couldn't help the grin that was displayed on his face at his apprentice's enthusiasm. It was quite infectious, not that he'll ever say so out loud. He gave a quick nod before speaking, "Alright then, Brightpaw. Let's get on outta here bud. Time's too precious to waste on just lollygagging here." As soon as he finished, not before shooting the smaller a smirk, he beckoned the younger tom to follow him. It was time to begin. Oh boy. Hopefully he could do this right. He began to sift through his memories of his own apprenticeship in order to further prepare himself as they exited the camp.

~dust~
October 18th, 2020, 05:43 AM
Her little mouth scowled as she said
I know it’s featherfang.....then looking up she smiled brightly and meowed
Well.... first can we do some trading just me and you sense Echopaw

She scowls agian as she says Echopaw
Is so advanced.
kittygirl
(I’m gonna get her gathering down I’ll mention you okay?))

BEAR.
October 31st, 2020, 09:18 PM
"All those old enough to swim, gather beneath the Streamstone for a Clan meeting!"

Lionstar's voice was a howl as he scaled the rock side, taking a seat with his tail neatly tucked between his paws.

There was a lot to do, and he was admittedly exhausted - but he hoped getting this meeting over with would relieve some of the stress that clung to his shoulders like a second pelt.

He almost missed Fawnsqueak being medicine cat, if only because he kept some of the stupid horsedung out of the way. There was a headache in of itself with the task of choosing the new medicine cat.. and he hoped, very much, that he had made the right choice.

If not.. well. Lionstar had some plans in mind to make it not his problem. His patience was growing thin with each passing day, and it was worth speaking to Sootflare about once this was over.

Silverfur & Co
October 31st, 2020, 09:20 PM
Snowpaw lookes as the clan meeting was called and she ran over and sits down wandering what the leader is going to say now.

Arie
October 31st, 2020, 09:21 PM
-- implimm --

There was a meeting? Okay. Eelpaw slowly made his way over, the black tabby cat just finding their own pace slow and steady and then they bumped into someone. That someone was... "Warrior. Hi. Let's go to the meeting, since that classifies as 'productive' and not discuss names." Throwing the warrior's own words back at them, and Eelpaw was in all honesty proud of it. He was learning! and not being dumb. So passing over Warrior, they settled down by the seastones as they waited for Mr. Loudly, to begin his speech. Whatever that might encompass.

Rani
October 31st, 2020, 09:22 PM
Willowpaw padded up to the stone and sat doing her best to stay still and attentive. It was hard though, she'd been jittery all her life but latley it felt like there was a thunderstorms worth of energy under her pelt she just couldn't shake. So the tabbys paw bounced and she shifted in place, whiskers twitching with annoyance as she did her best to remain still.

Snakepaw slinked up to a good watching distance but remained disinterested in the meeting.

gs29513
October 31st, 2020, 09:24 PM
MEETING MEETING MEETING! Her excitement and enthusiasm of the day reaching fever pitch, Rushpaw pelted towards the streamstone, sliding almost on her bum up to it, and gazing quickly up at Lionstar. Sure it wasn't very coordinated or pleasing on the eye, but it did the job, and she got to be one of the first one's here! So it was good, when you added it all up, at least in her eyes.
------------
Splashleap made her way over, a bit more neatly but with fairly equal excitement. Her paws were a blur as she sped over, thankfully catching herself before she hurtled into anyone or anything. Finishing her arrival with a few neat steps before sitting down, she wondered what would happen. New medicine cat probably. Hopefully. They could only go so long without one, and it would just be better for everyone the sooner they got one she thought.
-----------
Twigpaw made his way over in the calmest manner, sitting down in the back. He had been feeling a bit....off lately, and he hoped that the meeting could somehow jolt him back into a little bit of normalcy. He wasn't sure what was wrong. He thought his paw just felt different, but he wasn't sure. Ugh, unexplained annoyances were the worst. With a sigh, he faced front, curious for what would be happening this go around.

plum
November 1st, 2020, 12:28 AM
Emerging from the warrior's den looking bedraggled, Sassafrasfire begins to make their way over towards where the rest of the Clan would be. Only... They find themselves face to face with Eek Eelpaw. Their blue eyes focus on the apprentice and they sniff. "So it would seem," they mutter indifferently. Waving their tail, the warrior follows Eek Eelpaw to a spot to sit down and wait for whatever it was that Lionstar had to say. Perhaps it was something good. Something better than what ShadowClan has been up to. Sassafrasfire couldn't help the creeping feeling of emptiness, though, as their eyes rest upon Eelpaw's head for a moment. They would have been sitting beside Ternsky.
[ Arie ]

plum
November 1st, 2020, 12:35 AM
A Clan meeting. Perplexed, and really just eager to have something to do for a little while, Plumpaw turns to watch the leader ascend the Streamstone. After another heartbeat, the silver mau moves closer to where her other... Clanmates... Had already begun to gather. Perhaps something interesting was going to happen. Perhaps something would happen regarding Springcry. Or perhaps Lionstar was displeased with his Clan... It was no secret by now that Goslingpaw had really upset the tom, and in effect, acted poorly as an ambassador of the whole Clan in that play fight against WindClan. Was this to be their reprimanding? She couldn't think of anything truthfully, as there were just a few too many ways the meeting could go.
[ open ]

Abyssopelagic
November 1st, 2020, 07:05 AM
Halfpaw groaned as her nap was disturbed, but perked up when she realized it was Lionstar calling a meeting. This would her name change, yeah? Well, he wouldn't call a meeting just for her, but that would at least be part of it.
She bounded over to the meeting place and sat, listening.
She had talked to her mama, Flyfur, since she asked for her change name and with her approval, she felt less anxious about it.

Cricketchirp padded over where the meeting was. He wasn't as active as he should have been, so hopefully attending this meeting would help with that.

Breezehen drug herself to join the throng of cats.

ghostwriter
November 1st, 2020, 07:41 AM
Larkstripe settled beneath the streamstone, ears perked, listening attentively.

marshy
November 1st, 2020, 07:51 AM
Sparrowskip made his way to the streamstone and sat down. He'd been doing so much lately and he was glad to finally sit down with the clan for a meeting.

shaae_26
November 1st, 2020, 08:46 AM
Icetree came to the meeting, excited to see who the new medicine cat would be!
Squirrelflame stood outside the nursery,watching the meeting.

pidgeon
November 1st, 2020, 09:53 AM
Mossygrove arrived at the meeting, curious as to what it would be about. Eagleflower had told her the Clan was looking for a new medicine cat, so she wondered if that's what would be announced today. The gray she-cat took a seat on the far side of the crowd, looking up at Lionstar.

ChillCat
November 1st, 2020, 10:13 AM
Mothshade padded towards the clearing and sat down, picking rocks out between his paw pads. I wonder what this is about?

Brightsplash bounded towards the Streamstone, and skidded to a stop, almost bonking her head on a rock.

duckie
November 1st, 2020, 10:21 AM
Sootflare

At the call of Lionstar, Sootflare appeared at the entrance of the Warrior's den and made his way over, quickly hopping up to the deputy spot. A quick glance at the leader could tell he was exhausted - a state Sootflare was awfully familiar with - and he made a quick mental note to speak to him after the meeting, just to ask if there was anything he could take on in order to help.

ophelia
November 1st, 2020, 10:33 AM
implimm

Leopardpaw poked out of the warrior's den where he'd been fixing some of the dens with fress moss. A meeting? He padded over, winding between bodies until he found a spot that was relatively clear of fur and flicking tails. He sat down, and noticed another apprentice nearby. He hadn't spoken to her before, but since the meeting would have nothing to do with him, he figured it wouldn't hurt. She looked deep in thought. "Hello, I'm Leopardpaw," he said in the most friendly way he could handle without being weird.

Splashy
November 1st, 2020, 10:37 AM
+ @ +
Without word, Rainsplash padded to the beneath of the Streamstone, looking up towards Lionstar with icy-blue eyes. Sitting in an unoccupied spot, he stretched his front paws a bit, readying himself for the ceremonies that would likely be preformed soon. He didn't mind waiting, but he didn't appreciate wasting time either, and if this took too long, he would probably just head off to help search for holes in any of the den barriers.

plum
November 1st, 2020, 10:53 AM
There is a glimmer of faint surprise in Plumpaws gaze when she turns to the tom who spoke to her. "Hello," she finds herself saying quietly. The she-cat shuffles to the side, as if making room for him. "My name is Plumpaw." She didn't have anything to say to Leopardpaw, as unfortunate as that was. But one more moment passes and she makes up her mind. "What do you want with me?" Perhaps he could become... A friend. Plumpaw kept her hopes low however, as her last attempt at friendship in the Clan went very poorly.
[ mareenakit ]

Jessica1917
November 1st, 2020, 11:21 AM
Basilpaw heard the familier cry and ran over, her tail held high. She wondered what was going to take place in this meeting. The last one, her friend Ridgekit became Ridgepaw! Mosspaw had been an apprentice for a while, was he getting close? Basilpaw honestly didn't know. But it would be cool to watch whatever went down.

ophelia
November 1st, 2020, 11:26 AM
implimm

Leopardpaw tilted his head. Was that something he was supposed to know? What he wanted with her? Mouse dung, he had no idea. Maybe this was a stupid idea. Now embarassed, he shrugged. "I dunno, just saying hi I guess." He shuffled his paws nervously. "Any idea what the meeting's about?" he prompted.

duCky
November 1st, 2020, 11:41 AM
Thistlekit sat down at the nursery entrance. Am I finnaly going be an apprentice?, he thought, peeking his head out of the nursery and looking up and Lionstar. He was full of excitement.

sootsplashed
November 1st, 2020, 12:32 PM
Sootspring joined the crowd underneath the streamstone, looking around for a friend to sit next to. Spotting Splashleap, she bounded over and plopped down, smiling at her sister. Maybe she would get an apprentice this meeting! That would be so, so fun. Maybe her and Splashleap could train their apprentices together, if she got one. Oh, yeah, the new medicine cat would be announced too! She honestly could not wait to hear who it was, so she asked Splashleap, "Who do you think Lionstar chose for medicine cat? I mean, if he chose already. Maybe he didn't."

// gs29513

Pepperkins
November 1st, 2020, 12:35 PM
Amberflight

The molly glanced up from her lunch, raising a brow as she heard the call. Examining the growing crowd for a split second, she licked her lips, brushing some dirt over the remains as she got up to join them. Seating herself towards the back, Amberflight watched Lionstar perched upon the Streamstone, curiousity glazing her eyes over as her ear flicked, listening in to the numerous conversations half-heartly.

ThePuzzlerThree
November 1st, 2020, 12:52 PM
Mousekit perked his ears as he heard the call. "What could be happening?" he wondered. He knew he wasn't supposed to attend clan meetings, but it couldn't hurt, could it? He could hide in the shadows, and nobody would know! He snuck over to a nice quiet spot, hid himself away, and waited for the meeting to start.

gs29513
November 1st, 2020, 01:03 PM
Nodding happily as she spotted her sister heading towards her, Splashleap scooted over to make a spot for Sootspring to sit. She hoped that this meeting would be fairly chill, with nothing big, except for the new medicine cat. Which was important. It seemed her sister shared her sentiment that they needed one, as she immediately asked who she thought Lionstar had picked. I have absolutely no idea! she joked, her tail flicking in amusement. Trying to be a bit more serious though, she added Probably someone fairly old, definitely not an apprentice or a kit. So........a warrior. That was all she could guess at really, not having been around when he was picking. sinister soot

ophelia
November 1st, 2020, 01:44 PM
Pepperkins - [hope it's okay if Silver annoys Amberflight]

Silverpool padded into camp from the thicket, holding a couple mice which she dropped with the other prey. Lionstar had called a meeting! She hoped she wasn't late. That's what she got for deciding to go out on her own. She trotted over and spotted a familiar pelt.

"Hi Amberflight!" she greeted her friend, or at least Silverpool thought she was her friend. Silverpool thought everyone was her friend. "How's it going?" she asked amicably.

Ziera
November 1st, 2020, 01:48 PM
// Open

Stormtalon joined the growing pool of cats in an unhurried manner. Routine, routine, routine, he thought with a silent sigh. Perhaps today he was particularly cynical, more so than usual, yet he could place no obvious cause for it. The gray tabby was tired. It wasn't just a physical weariness that tugged at his shoulders, but an inner one as well, one that never seemed to lift in recent days.

But that didn't matter. What he felt wasn't important in the scope of everything. It was best to push it aside and press onward--and Stormtalon did just that. He settled into a corner and waited for Lionstar to resume the clan meeting. Perhaps more apprentices would gain warrior names, or more kits their mentors; maybe an update on Fawnsqueak's replacement would be given. Storm's ears flicked when he thought of the russet tom.

So Fawn stood up for what he wanted, after all. It was a loss for RiverClan, but something of personal gain for the other, and Stormtalon held no animosity toward him. Control had been taken from Fawnsqueak when he was practically forced into the position of medicine cat...and now it was reclaimed. Not only that, but as far as Storm was concerned, it was in every cat's best interest to look after themselves and their own. No one else would do it. Clan loyalty should only go so far as their clan's loyalty to them.

sootsplashed
November 1st, 2020, 01:52 PM
Splashleap’s answer was interesting. Vague, but interesting. “It could be an older apprentice, like one that’s 12 moons.” she observed, looking up at the cloudy sky. “But, yeah, I have no idea.” the warrior couldn’t really remember who went in to audition to be a medicine cat except for herself, that one kit, and... Splashleap. “Oh! Maybe it’s you! You auditioned, right? I can’t really remember anyone else that auditioned, to be honest, I was too caught up on, well, before I auditioned I was trying to figure out a good way to say everything, and then after, I was too focused on wondering if I did good. I remember that one kit though, Hopekit? Hopkit? Something like that. I don’t think they heard when Lionstar said 11 moons or older.”

// gs29513

Inconsistency
November 1st, 2020, 02:24 PM
Shifting her paws nervously she crept out of the apprentices den. Was she really ready? Had she passed it? What would she tell Nightpaw if she didn't? Could she have? She.. Was ready. Her mentor was in no state to continue training her. And Greenheart said she was ready! She would become a warrior. Right? That's it! Quit doubting yourself. She thought. Her eyes flicked to almost every cat in the crowd. Anxious thoughts kept coming in her mind trying to find a way to take her mind of it her eyes stopped on Cardinalpaw. She clumsily walked over to him. Hiding all her thoughts of nervousness. And Nightpaw. Hi, Cardianlpaw. She said she kept her voice from quivering though not doing a very good job she sat down and licked her chest fur.
- sinister soot. -

gs29513
November 1st, 2020, 03:31 PM
She hadn't really thought of that, but she supposed so. Still, it was unlikely. Their medicine cat should know how to defend themself, right? It might happen though, so Splashleap nodded her assent. The next question prompted a more lengthy answer, which she gave in a quieter voice. Yeah, I auditioned, whatever the heck that meant. But I doubt I'm it. After all, I'm kind of young. And I don't know anything other than cobwebs.
Other cats know more stuff, like the cats who helped treat the Windclan cat who got hurt. At the mention of Hop, or Hopekit, she had to concur to her sister's knowledge. I didn't see them, so I'm trusting you on that. sinister soot

sootsplashed
November 1st, 2020, 03:39 PM
Shifting her paws nervously she crept out of the apprentices den. Was she really ready? Had she passed it? What would she tell Nightpaw if she didn't? Could she have? She.. Was ready. Her mentor was in no state to continue training her. And Greenheart said she was ready! She would become a warrior. Right? That's it! Quit doubting yourself. She thought. Her eyes flicked to almost every cat in the crowd. Anxious thoughts kept coming in her mind trying to find a way to take her mind of it her eyes stopped on Cardinalpaw. She clumsily walked over to him. Hiding all her thoughts of nervousness. And Nightpaw. Hi, Cardianlpaw. She said she kept her voice from quivering though not doing a very good job she sat down and licked her chest fur.
- sinister soot. -
Cardinalpaw stretched as they padded up to the streamstone, wondering who the new medicine cat would be. Well, this meeting was probably about that, but they didn’t know for sure. It could just be another kit to apprentice and some apprentices to warriors meeting. Cardinalpaw flicked his ear in greeting as he saw Whitepaw, a smile planted on his face. But, she seemed so, nervous... why? “What’s wrong?” wait, did she meet with that Nightpaw or whatever again? That could make her nervous around him. Or maybe she was sick. Cardinalpaw had eaten a bad mouse a few days ago, so maybe there was other bad prey?

Estelle
November 1st, 2020, 06:26 PM
Primrosepaw was still learning the actual concept of a 'meeting', but had gotten to understand that it meant to gather and listen. So she did, mingling with the crowd and undeniably bumping into one or two (or three) other cats before getting to sit down. She hoped that something good would come out of this meeting-- unlikely the last one where she was suddenly put into the world with a different care taker. It wasn't that she disliked her mentor, she was nice, Primrosepaw just didn't fully understand everything yet.

----------[ Both Open! ]----------

Gingerfrost grunted lightly as he got up and dragged himself to the meeting, plofing back down onto his hind. He watched their leader, waiting for what would be announced, followed by a glance around the crowd and a deep sigh. He hadn't seen anything of his apprentice since before the fake raid, and it was starting to slightly irk him.

Ziera
November 1st, 2020, 06:35 PM
// Open

Brightpaw padded into the clearing when he heard Lionstar's voice. Time for another meeting already? It seemed like only yesterday he received his new apprentice name and got his own mentor--but no matter. Maybe more kits would join the apprentice's den. If so, he could show them around a little, even if he was new himself.

---

Ottersplash slipped into the crowd right on time. He kept an eye out for any cats he might know, edging toward the front, ears perked and ready to listen to Lionstar's announcements. ....Wow. He was paying attention? Sitting quietly, on time!? Otter nearly gagged at himself. How...responsible of him. StarClan please keep me from becoming one of those stuffy and boring cats, even though I have an apprentice now, he thought.

BEAR.
November 1st, 2020, 07:56 PM
"To kick off this meeting, I have a very important announcement to make."

Lionstar swept his gaze across the crowd of cats, quietly gauging their reactions before he continued. "With Fawnsqueak no longer serving as our medicine cat, it remains in our best interest to fill the vacancies as soon as possible.

"After suffering through the auditions, I have made my decision.. and whether you like it or not, it is final.

"Effective immediately, Sparrowskip [ .:The Nightmare King:.] will be our new medicine cat, and our medicine cat apprentice will be Snakepaw [ Rani]. Sparrowskip, I trust you will not let me down.." unlike his father had, "and Snakepaw.. well. I just trust you'll make things interesting."

Snakepaw would be Sparrowskip's foil, and Lionstar was curious to see how that would work out. He knew the young cat would likely be livid with this decision, but he wasn't going to make this an option.

"Take a moment to soak this in. I believe Fawnsqueak [ Dipper] plans on training you both, but you should talk to him for further details."

duckie
November 1st, 2020, 08:09 PM
Sootflare

The deputy's ears flicked up in interest. New medicine cats? Hopefully, these ones would actually stick around. Fawnsqueak did well - as anyone could expect from Fawnsqueak - but he wasn't terribly familiar with these two and it could really could go either way. Perhaps he should have a chat with them later?

gs29513
November 1st, 2020, 08:14 PM
Deciding, since no one else was, to cheer for the new medicine cats despite her mild disappointment it wasn't her, Splashleap turned up her muzzle, calling Sparrowskip! Snakepaw! Sparrowskip! Snakepaw! Hopefully they would do a good job. And thankfully Fawnsqueak was there to train them. Unlike Windclan, who's medicine cats had to go elsewhere looking for training. Although it had been a good thing, with no Fawnsqueak anymore, to have on in camp for the raid, when their apprentice got injured. sinister soot

dino.
November 1st, 2020, 08:17 PM
Goosefury slipped into the crowd of cats, near the back, and just in time, it seemed. His brows arched ever so slightly as he listened to the announcement. Sparrowskip definitely sounded familiar, but he could only vaguely recall Snakepaw. Couldn't exactly put a face to the name, though. Even so, he stretched his neck out to call, "Congratulations, you two!" Maybe he could go talk to them afterward. Try to get buddy-buddy. They might not end up as friendly as Fawnsqueak, which would be... disheartening, to say the least. But still, it was worth a shot, wasn't it?

Hmm. Speaking of Fawnsqueak, he really needed to find him again. Get another conversation going. Their last talk had been more than awkward - his fault, really - but he missed talking to Fawnsqueak. Maybe after he met the new medicine cats.

Madelaine
November 1st, 2020, 08:29 PM
[ Greenleap; ]

Cottonstrike glanced around, exiting the warriors den. He stepped out, hoping to find his mate. He liked going to these meetings beside her. It was great to have her around. After a while of searching he just sat down. He hooed she would come eventually.

Madelaine
November 1st, 2020, 08:31 PM
Ashpool padded out of the den after hearing Lionstar call a clan meeting. She padded over near the middle and sat down in a confortable spot. The molly laid down, wrapping her tail around her as she waited for the meeting to continue.

Rani
November 1st, 2020, 08:41 PM
Snakepaw, really, was about as unprepared for the news as a cat could get.
The somali had only had passing interest in the news today, the only real important bit would be the news of the new medicine cats but even then it'd likely be a decently competent cat who'd do their job or be told to step down, nothing to lose ones heads over. It would effect him and the clan sure, so he was going to make an internal note of it but did it really effect him in the long run? Not to his knowledge beforehand.
So when his own name was called, interrupting the apprentices sharp fanged yawn it didn't really click at first.

Was there another Snakepaw he didn't know about in the clan? No just him it was a fairly unique prefix.
Had he somehow asked for this or hinted at it without knowing? Also no he'd never even stepped paw in the medicine cats den.
Was that his name that was called by the leader and now being chanted by his clanmates? Yes.

Normally Snakepaw would be happy to choke down his venom for his leader for the sake of keeping his head down and keeping the peace but in this instance the poisonous words were just too much to keep down. And with a loud and startled hiss he downright yowled.
"WHAT?! Have you gone completely mad?! What hairbrained idea even prompted this decision?! Did you eat a bad mushroom or something, WHY?!"
The lanky tom was lisping his S's like mad, tongue catching on his abnormally long fangs and he frantically looked around. Where was Foxblaze, where was his Mom she had to know what was going on, this had to be some sort of mistake!

marshy
November 1st, 2020, 08:41 PM
Did Sparrowskip hear that right? Was he actually- no, no no he must of heard it wrong. He could never have been chosen after Dirtfur's.. incident. But then some cats starting chanting his name and it finally registered in his mind that, he was medicine cat. "Thi-Thi, THIS IS AMAZING!" Sparrowskip sprung up! "Th-thank you so much Lionstar! I'll make sure to do my absolute best!!" He hadn't felt this happy and excited in a long while, he.. he finally could show the clan that he was nothing like his father, and would never be!

Splashy
November 1st, 2020, 08:49 PM
+ Rani BILL.+
[Hope you don't mind me walking up like this ^^]
Rainsplash let out a following cheer for the two new Medicine cats. He truly didn't care a rat's tail about who was Medicine cat or not, they were practically just shed like a snake did it's skin anymore. They barely lasted more then a moon anymore.

Though, he couldn't help but be angered by Snakepaw's behavior. Even while he didn't care, he wouldn't be surprised if other cats, including Lionstar, cared quite a lot about who was their medicine cat. Ranting about a supposedly High Ranked position was unacceptable for him. If Lionstar felt Snakepaw was worthy, Snakepaw shouldn't question it.

Standing to his paws, he came up to Snakepaw.

"Don't question Lionstar, Snakepaw. He won't change his mind, and you know that. He never has before, and he likely never will. Ranting about his decision will do nothing but waste time"

He meowed, sitting down a few inches from the apprentice. He didn't seem to care that he hadn't even spoken to Snakepaw before this interaction. All he knew was disrespect was disrespect, and was unacceptable in Riverclan

duCky
November 1st, 2020, 08:54 PM
"Sparrowsnap! Snakepaw!", Thistlekit squeaked, laughing a little at Snakepaw's response. He wanted to go and explore, but he was to distracted by the meeting to notice anything else that was going on.

Rani
November 1st, 2020, 08:59 PM
Splashy Exis
Oh yay! A more easily hittable target! (metaphorically... also literally if it came down to it).
Immediately rounding on Rainsplash the irate tom levelled a loud continual hiss at the warrior refusing to drop his volume level even a fraction as he snapped.
"Oh butt out you overgrown ground kisser this is none of your business! Go worship the ground the golden wonder walks somewhere else or Ill bite you I swear, Im having a conversation."
The apprentice was already likely in trouble and was definitely enraged. If you had to ruin your quiet but generally respectful reputation you might as well go big.He'd never really had respect for the high ranks anyway. Either Lionstar was explaining himself or his mother was coming to scruff him and Foxblaze was nowhere in sight.

BEAR.
November 1st, 2020, 09:08 PM
Already, Lionstar could see he had made the right choice. "Snakepaw, part of being a medicine cat is being prepared to voice your thoughts even if they're .. less than, savory. I believe you'll be a good contrast to Sparrowskip's polite mannerisms, and my decision is final."

If Snakepaw wanted to become a warrior, maybe they could look into that once more cats were trained in healing.

But for now.. this would be his life. "Any further complaints from you can be screamed into a pile of moss. You are the new medicine cat apprentice, and Sparrowskip is your mentor."

It was kind of cute of Rainsplash to jump in, but there was little worth in scolding the crying baby. A dream had been ripped from him, and much like Pinefawn he was being set on a path he didn't want.

Poor Sparrowskip. Lionstar almost felt bad for him. "Now Sparrowskip, you might want to get a grip on that fireball apprentice of yours."

[ Rani, Splashy, .:The Nightmare King:. ]

marshy
November 1st, 2020, 09:13 PM
Sparrowskip gave a puzzled look to Lionstar. Why... how could he do this to him? Tell him he's medicine cat and then give him Snakepaw as an apprentice? "Yes Lionstar, i'll try my best with him." He gave a nod to Snakepaw. Hopefully he could get on his good side... Rani Splashy @BILL

Rani
November 1st, 2020, 09:27 PM
Splashy, .:The Nightmare King:.
Snakepaws chest was heaving as he came very close to hyperventilating in anger levelling Lionstar with the most hateful glare he'd ever mustered in his life. The tom was struck silent in his rage, snarl frozen on his face as his body shook with the sheer amount of emotions under his pelt. He, he, he couldn't even process what he was feeling right now but he was pretty sure one of them was the emotion called murder. Still there wasn't much he could do right now that wouldn't result in him being shoved inside a den and sat on.

So Snakepaw said not a word as the leader essentially threw poor Sparrowskip under the bus and only slowly and terrifyingly transferred his glare from the leader to his new mentor body completely still (bar his enraged shaking) as only his head rotated. The somalis poisonous green eyes, oh so resembling his namesakes with how slitted his pupils were locked on to the older tom for a long and harrowing moment as he did not blink before he finally broke his stare moved to slink away from Rainsplash and pointedly picked up a large moss ball only to sit down again.
Snakepaw would be slowly, violently and systematically tearing that mossball to shreds in complete silence for the rest of the meeting, gaze once more locked on Lionstar.

Splashy
November 2nd, 2020, 01:24 AM
+ .:The Nightmare King:. Rani +
[If you don't mind, we can start a some sort of silent anger between Rain and Snake, it'd be nice to have some conflict between them, especially with their night and day personalities-]
Rainsplash's fur lifted gently as he glared at the snappy apprentice. He didn't appreciate such disrespect, though glad he was now the target, instead of the exhausted Leader.

"You wouldn't-"

Though he was interrupted by Lionstar's speaking, quickly going silent to let the Leader speak. His fur raised, he turned back to Snakepaw, his blue-gray and gray tipped ears lowered against his black marengo head. Raising his chin when Snakepaw looked at him, he gave a disproving look, as if he was disappointed severely with the apprentice for some unknown reason. Flicking his tail as the apprentice turned to get away from him, he looked up to Lionstar before returning to his former spot, sitting down and wrapping himself with his tail in silence, returning to his former position of watching the Leader

Jessica1917
November 2nd, 2020, 08:13 AM
Basilpaw was surprised at the outburst from Snakepaw. If she had been chosen, even though she didn't really have any interest in being, she would have been estatic! Oh well, Lionstar seemed to want this disagreeable apprentice to work with, his loss. She grinned at Sparrowskip, he seemed nice.

Kitty12
November 2nd, 2020, 09:55 AM
Rainfrost walked up and congratulated them

pidgeon
November 2nd, 2020, 10:41 AM
Mossygrove quietly called out the names of the new medicine cats, not wanting her voice to be heard too much. She didn't like drawing attention to herself, even if that shouldn't be a concern. She was a bit surprised at Snakepaw's intense reaction to the role. Shouldn't any cat be honored to receive such an important title? What was this kid's problem?

Inconsistency
November 2nd, 2020, 11:24 AM
Whitepaw thought for a moment. Should she even tell him? I had.. my assessment, She mumbled. And I’m nervous. She meowed. Was she allowed to tell other cats? Why wouldn’t she? Was it supposed to be a secret thing? Probably not! She shifted her paws once again. She did that a lot maybe it was a habit? She should stop.. What if she was this nervous with the leader? She had been so excited to become an apprentice! Now she’ll become a warrior! Pull it together Whitepaw! Doubt still lingered freshly in her mind. Trying to ignore the new thoughts she turned to Cardinalpaw. How have you been? She said as if she was being casual once again. If she was this nervous on the rock with Lionstar he might cancel the ceremony itself!

- sinister soot. -

plum
November 2nd, 2020, 02:05 PM
implimm

Leopardpaw tilted his head. Was that something he was supposed to know? What he wanted with her? Mouse dung, he had no idea. Maybe this was a stupid idea. Now embarassed, he shrugged. "I dunno, just saying hi I guess." He shuffled his paws nervously. "Any idea what the meeting's about?" he prompted.

[ sorry for the wait, i was supposed to travel today and hadn't had the time to get to this! ]

The feline snorts disdainfully and shirks the other apprentice at his visible confusion. Her drastic mood swings were no fault of anyone else but her own indecisive self, though, and after a few moments of pointedly ignoring Leopardpaw, she lets out a light sigh and shrugs. "Lionstar's had a lot as of late it looks like. I haven't been in RiverClan for very long yet, but you can tell just by looking at him. The meeting could literally be him going on a tirade at us and I would feel like it's credible." She pauses.
"But let's just sit and listen."
And she does just that, ignoring any attempts at conversation until... Ah, the new medicine cat. Plumpaw couldn't help but feel a little spark of hope, another small but kind blessing from the leader. But neither name he uttered was her own. The silver she-cat watches the processions that follow, and then she turns to Leopardpaw. "Looks like we have two new medicine cats," she says airily.
Then, with a touch of gloominess, she adds: "Yay."
It was Snakepaw's loud mouth that annoyed her though. Clicking her tongue distastefully, Plumpaw stands up and arches her back in a stretch. The Clan's leader might not have called a conclusion to this meeting, but she saw a couple of cats slipping away already. If he didn't say anything soon she would follow their lead and take a breather.

ophelia
November 2nd, 2020, 02:58 PM
implimm - [it's ok!]

Leopardpaw nodded. Some cats were so observant. He had no idea what was going on most of the time. He opened his mouth to respond, but shut it again when she said she just wanted to sit and listen. Great. He'd annoyed her. How many ways were there to drive off a cat?

He shook his head and listened as Lionstar announced the new medicine cat. Did that mean Snailswirl would be leaving? He didn't really know Snakepaw, but he sounded annoying. He hissed lightly as the other apprentice openly challenged the leader, narrowing his eyes. He nodded at Plumpaw's comment, catching the sarcasm in her voice. He wasn't all that excited either, but he was glad his name hadn't been called. "Yeah...think they know anything?" he looked skeptically at them.

Greenleap
November 2nd, 2020, 03:40 PM
[ Greenleap; ]

Cottonstrike glanced around, exiting the warriors den. He stepped out, hoping to find his mate. He liked going to these meetings beside her. It was great to have her around. After a while of searching he just sat down. He hooed she would come eventually.
She purred as she came out, walking over to cottonstrike sluggishly.

Madelaine
November 2nd, 2020, 05:42 PM
She purred as she came out, walking over to cottonstrike sluggishly.

Cottonstrike turned to his mate with a smile. He pressed his nose to her cheek. "How are you doing?", he asked.

BEAR.
November 2nd, 2020, 11:47 PM
While the baby was pouting, Lionstar opted to continue. He made a point to ignore Snakepaw in favor of raising his voice, eyes sweeping across the clearing.

"We have several cats who have completed their training and are ready to face the world as warriors. When I call your name, I want you to step forward."

He paused for a moment, giving everyone a brief moment before he resumed. "Silentpaw [ Elementals], Almondpaw [ Raboot], and Whitepaw [ RainbowyUnknown]!"

Even if they were lacking in some areas, Lionstar didn't really care right now. They worked hard for this.

Hopefully, sometime soon, more apprentices would join them in the warriors den. He wished he had more energy to help them out.

Fawn
November 3rd, 2020, 12:26 AM
Fawnsqueak managed a lopsided smile, sigh of relief suppressed. It wasn't his confidence in whoever was named in his place but rather the thought of actually enjoying his existence for the first time in months.

Abyssopelagic
November 3rd, 2020, 01:58 AM
Halfpaw was happy that Sparrowskip was chosen for Medicine Cat, Fawnsqueak had never seemed happy about it. Not that she knew why, but everyone deserved to be happy and if they weren't happy where they were?
Change!
Snakepaw's outburst made her want to slap him. Maybe she should.
Or not, really. She didn't want to be demoted or punished.

Greenleap
November 3rd, 2020, 05:27 AM
Cottonstrike turned to his mate with a smile. He pressed his nose to her cheek. "How are you doing?", he asked.
"Amazing now that I'm with you." She purred in a sweet but tired tone. "Listen I have to talk to you when the meeting is over. We'll go to the clearing."

Elementals
November 3rd, 2020, 09:54 AM
~Silentpaw of RC~

A tiny tickle scattered his nose as his nose gave a little 'chuu'. The tabby moved his nose wondering why he suddenly sneezed. He remembered how one of his parents said that if you sneeze suddenly then someone might be talking about you. He looked up in the sky in wonder before remembering that Lionstar summoned him over. Oh, so that is who. He carefully stepped nearby the leader.

Quasar
November 3rd, 2020, 10:00 AM
Snowfern chanted the names of the new medicine cats, though she quieted down as Lionstar started speaking again.

---

Turtlekit nervously watched from inside the nursery, her head barely visible as she watched from behind a queen

---

Springkit bounced up and down, a large smile on her face ¨YAY! GO CATS! GREAT JOB!¨ she cheered gleefully.

Dovey
November 3rd, 2020, 10:02 AM
Almondpaw nervously stepped forward. What if I mess up...

marshy
November 3rd, 2020, 10:04 AM
Sparrowskip had almost forgotten about Silentpaw's warrior ceremony in his excitement. All of Silentpaw's hard work was paying off! He took his eyes off Snakepaw and turned to his now former apprentice. He had so much fun training him, hopefully they could still hang out!

Inconsistency
November 3rd, 2020, 11:15 AM
She looked back at Cardinalpaw once more. This was it. Her moment. Don’t mess up. Ok? She stepped forward with all her might. She looked up at Lionstar and tried not to look as anxious as she felt. What name would she get? She would get a name right? Yes she would! She passed. He said it himself. They passed. It was time. For her to become a warrior! She looked back at Cardinalpaw again. And took another step forward.
- BILL. sinister soot. -

BEAR.
November 3rd, 2020, 04:43 PM
All three had come forward.. good!

Lionstar was itching to get this started, so he jumped right into it.

"I, Lionstar, leader of RiverClan, call upon the Star Cats to look down on these apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as warriors in their turn.

"Silentpaw [ Elementals], Whitepaw [ RainbowyUnknown], and Almondpaw [ Daisy the Icewing], do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Once they did the 'I do' thing he could get on with it. Admittedly, he kind of wished he could skip this part, but he didn't want to seem that impatient.

The apprentices deserved a little bit better than that.

Dovey
November 3rd, 2020, 05:04 PM
"I do!" Almondpaw stood proudly.

Elementals
November 3rd, 2020, 07:33 PM
~Silentpaw of RC~

Silentpaw just remembered that his fur was a bit fluffed up and could see his mother from Starclan scolding him for not being prepared. He gulped as he wondered if she would send a sign to tell him to groom up. With a quick glance around but the clearing look free of Starclan signs, he proceeded back to Lionstar who performed the ceremony.

"II-I will ww-with all my fur hairs and claws!" he sputtered out while wanting to crawl in a hole when he could have done a simple 'I do'.

{ BILL. }

Leopardblaze
November 3rd, 2020, 08:25 PM
Leopardblaze listened intently to the meeting, glancing over at the new medicine cats and giving a small smile to the apprentices that were about to become warriors.

Madelaine
November 4th, 2020, 01:57 AM
"Amazing now that I'm with you." She purred in a sweet but tired tone. "Listen I have to talk to you when the meeting is over. We'll go to the clearing."

Cottonstrike purred and pressed his white fur to her gray fur. He was noticing she seemed a bit tired. He hoped she was feeling alright. "Sounds good darling.", he meowed, flashing a smile.

Greenleap
November 4th, 2020, 06:21 AM
Cottonstrike purred and pressed his white fur to her gray fur. He was noticing she seemed a bit tired. He hoped she was feeling alright. "Sounds good darling.", he meowed, flashing a smile.
She purred, sort of burring herself in his fluffy, white fur.

Inconsistency
November 4th, 2020, 02:40 PM
I-.. Do! She said keeping her voice steady enough to not sound to nervous. She should always remember this part! This feels.. Amazing? Other than the fact she feels really nervous! What would her name be? She still wondered. And It was good to have an idea. Right? YES. It was. Could she stop doubting herself for one moment? Long enough to enjoy this at least!
- BILL. -

Middy
November 4th, 2020, 03:11 PM
~[Creekflow]~
Creekflow congregated below the Streamstone alongside the rest of his clanmates, eyes clearly portraying his interest. Another meeting this soon? He wasn't sure what this would be about. Maybe some ceremonies? There were a few apprentices somewhat ready to receive their warrior names if he recalled correctly. However, this was all speculation. Lionstar would reveal the real topic of this meeting.

The young warrior's eyes widened a bit at the news the leader had to share. Fawnsqueak had his reasons for stepping down so he wasn't going to dwell on that too much. Creekflow didn't know about the new medicine cat and his apprentice much. To say that Snakepaw was unhappy with the decision would be an understatement. However, Sparrowskip seemed to be thrilled. Their personalities were quite opposite of each other. It was amusing to watch.

"Sparrowskip! Snakepaw! Congrats you both!" he called out, easy smirk on his face. Hopefully the medicine cat would be able to control his apprentice one day. Creekflow was curious to see how both of these toms would interact in the future.

The mottled tabby settled down again once the first announcement was over. Lionstar had more to say and he didn't want to miss anything.

Ah! So he was kinda right. Three new apprentices were ready to take the next big step in their lives. He was looking forward to getting to know Silentpaw, Almondpaw, and Whitepaw better now that they're going to be made warriors.

BEAR.
November 5th, 2020, 02:31 PM
"Then by the power of the Star Cats, I give you your warrior names.

"Almondpaw [ Daisy the Icewing], from now on you will be known as Almondspirit. The Star Cats honor your enthusiasm and compassion, and we welcome you as a warrior of RiverClan. Despite the barriers that faced you during your training, you persevered through this hardships with a smile on your face, and I'm glad to be giving you your warrior name.

"Silentpaw [ Elementals], from now on you will be known as Silentheart. The Star Cats honor your loyalty and hardwork, and we welcome you as a warrior of RiverClan. Another apprentice who faced hardships, but you were firm in working toward finishing your training. Well done.

"Whitepaw [ RainbowyUnknown], from now on you will be known as Whiteberry. The Star Cats honor your kindness and cleverness, and we welcome you as a warrior of RiverClan. Your warmth has been felt by many, and I hope you continue to brighten the lives of others in your new position.

"I expect all of you to make RiverClan proud."

Lionstar paused to give everyone a chance to congratulate the new warriors, his eyes scanning the clearing to search for a certain cat.

Dovey
November 5th, 2020, 02:32 PM
Almondspirit looked up at Lionstar. "Thank you!"

duckie
November 5th, 2020, 02:35 PM
Sootflare

"Almondspirit, Silentheart, Whiteberry! Almondspirit, Silentheart, Whiteberry!" chanted the deputy, projecting his voice out into the crowd in the hopes it would give those less enthusiastic some encouragement to join in on the congratulations. Whether it be incompetent warriors or something else - their apprentices seemed to be struggling to get through their training lately and any who did, deserved the praise.

JusticeRabbit
November 5th, 2020, 02:36 PM
Spottedpaw cheered "Almondspirit!! Silentheart!! Whiteberry!!!' she called happily expeciully vhanting Almondspirit happiest.
Daisy the Icewing
Elementals
RainbowyUnkown

plum
November 5th, 2020, 03:14 PM
implimm - [it's ok!]

Leopardpaw nodded. Some cats were so observant. He had no idea what was going on most of the time. He opened his mouth to respond, but shut it again when she said she just wanted to sit and listen. Great. He'd annoyed her. How many ways were there to drive off a cat?

He shook his head and listened as Lionstar announced the new medicine cat. Did that mean Snailswirl would be leaving? He didn't really know Snakepaw, but he sounded annoying. He hissed lightly as the other apprentice openly challenged the leader, narrowing his eyes. He nodded at Plumpaw's comment, catching the sarcasm in her voice. He wasn't all that excited either, but he was glad his name hadn't been called. "Yeah...think they know anything?" he looked skeptically at them.

[ again, sorry for the delay! flew internationally and now im home hi! ]

She wouldn't divulge anything to Leopardpaw just yet- Maybe never, who knew? About her disappointment in Lionstar's decision on Snakepaw, and moreso Snakepaw's response. It was hurtful to see something she'd quietly hoped for being treated as something so rotten by the designated individual. Hopefully, the new medicine cat apprentice's opinion on his new seat would change over time. At least then, Plumpaw could be glad.
"Nothing," she scoffs in response to her company. "They were only just called to be medicine cats. Lionstar will probably ask the other Clans for help, or if that other guy will pitch in. The last medicine cat." She didn't remember Fawnsqueak's name that very second, having other things on her mind. The she-cat shrugs. She didn't really care what they knew or didn't know.

"Almondspirit, Whiteberry, Silentheart!"
Plumpaw lifts her muzzle to say the names of her Clanmates loudly, participation in the chant coming without thought.

Inconsistency
November 5th, 2020, 03:27 PM
Whiteberry looked up she smiled. She was a real warrior! She was! And now... Well.. Lionstar said that he hoped they would make her clan proud. A wash of guilt hit her pelt. She was excited. Half because well.. She was a warrior! And half because.. She would get to see Nightpaw.. She didn't deserve this! At all! How dare she? Stepping down she came up to Cardinalpaw. Can you believe it? I passed! And I'm a warrior! Oh.. Sorry.. I'm sure you'll become one to soon. She meowed. Her ears twitched a bit and she sat down. What announcement would be said next? She could tell that Lionstar was looking for some cat in particular.
- soot. -

ophelia
November 5th, 2020, 04:07 PM
implimm - [ooh fun!]

Leopardpaw glanced at the she-cat out the corner of his eye. She didn't seem to care much about the skills of their new medicine cats. He, on the other hand, was very concerned. He might be a warrior soon, just like the ones who had been named today. What if there was a battle? The other clans wouldn't help them then. She mentioned Fawnsqueak, and he nodded, a tad more soothed. He would definitely help! Although he had resigned in the first place...

Leopardpaw joined Plumpaw in chanting, although he was a tad offbeat. As he finished, he looked down at his feet. That was embarrassing. Before the meeting could end, Leopardpaw asked Plumpaw, "Want to spar together? I could use some practice." He felt his face heat up. He was so bad at making friends! She probably thought he was flirting with her now. He looked at the ground in exasperation.

Jessica1917
November 5th, 2020, 04:26 PM
Basilpaw cheered the names of the three new warriors, grinning broadly. She would probably go try and find Ottersplash sometime after the meeting, Basilpaw wanted to learn to actually hunt and stuff. She started glancing around the crowd, hoping they could set up a training session for soon. Redtalon

plum
November 5th, 2020, 04:40 PM
Quite frankly, she didn't give a damn.

Resignation turns into boredom. This meeting seemed as if it would continue even longer yet, although the new warriors had been named. And after a quick glance over the crowd, she could see no kits beaming with pride about to be made apprentices. So, what was next? Rather than wait on bated breath, the mau wanted something else to give her attention to.
"Spar?" Her eyes glide over Leopardpaw again as he turned his own visage away. Thinking about it, she needed the battle practice too. Lionstar would probably never give her a warrior's name if she didn't learn at least a few of their basic battle moves... Pressing her lips together in thought, Plumpaw appears to consider the invitation seriously and completely disregards the other apprentice's embarrassment.
"Yeah, sure, alright," she mumbles finally after a few heartbeats. "You could show me how to fight like a fish-face."
Her words were said teasingly, and a nasty smirk lay on her pale lips.
[ mareenakit ]

ophelia
November 5th, 2020, 04:49 PM
Leopardpaw looked up in surprise as she agreed. "R-really?" he asked in disbelief. But then she added another comment and he couldn't tell if she was serious or not. Or, he supposed, not serious or not, but mean or not. He decided to take it as a compliment. He was a proud RiverClan cat after all. "Uh, I-i guess," he stammered, a little caught off guard.

He looked back at his paws, trying to puzzle out this molly. She seemed shy when he first spoke to her, then sarcastic, then...insulting? Mocking? He let out a small sigh. Well, apparently he was sparring her now, so he'd figure it out eventually. Then he realized he was sparring a cat probably 7-10 moons older than him and kicked himself. Why hadn't he asked to hunt? Now he would be even more embarassed. He flattened his ears in distaste.
implimm

Rani
November 5th, 2020, 05:38 PM
He was still pitching a fit and sulking but that was no excuse to take it out on the new warriors during such a life changing moment for them. So Snakepaw took a break from his tearing to murmur out a "Good job you three." as he shook off a bit of shredded moss.

plum
November 5th, 2020, 05:39 PM
Perhaps she had taken it too far with the last thing she'd said. Watching Leopardpaw move through his different thoughts and emotions, Plumpaw feels a worm of regret herself. She takes in a deep breath and then lets out a gusty sigh, turning away and tapping the sandy ground with her paw with a touch of impatience.
A moment passes where nothing is said between them, and then another. Then suddenly, she sighs again. Clearly it was now an effort to regain his attention.

"It was a joke."

Her words were now low, and blunt. And she hadn't looked at the tom again yet, either. But admitting what she'd intended to be obvious felt like pulling out a bothersome splinter at last, a relief from something she'd stuck herself in the backside with in the first place.
"If you changed your mind though, say."
Making friends was hard when she'd never really even gotten this far before.

[ mareenakit ]

ophelia
November 5th, 2020, 05:58 PM
implimm

Leopardpaw now felt awkward. There were some silences that were comfortable, and this was not one of them. The other cat sighed a couple of times and he glanced up the second time, wondering if she was trying to get his attention. If not that would be even weirder. "Oh, okay," he said, "Cool."

His ears slowly popped back up. "I didn't change my mind," he said, offering her a shy smile. "So, um, how far along are you with training?" He hoped it wasn't too intrusive, or that he'd prodded at the fact she was on the older side for an apprentice. He was trying to make conversation, but that probably wasn't the best starter. He should probably stop talking.

plum
November 5th, 2020, 06:18 PM
Well, at least she'd dragged them both over that awkward-as-hell hurdle. Now, it felt a little less difficult to speak to him.
The molly lifts a kitty brow at his inquiry and snorts. "Isn't that a loaded question," she says with another laugh. Well, at least it seemed they had some time to chat while others still congratulated the three new warriors before Lionstar proceeded. She wouldn't mind talking in this little window they had.
"I smell like nothing but fish and dirt now but I used to be ThunderClan," she tells Leopardpaw.
"I was fully trained, but there was a lot going on there and the last couple of things I needed, I hadn't gotten for moons. So here I am. RiverClan's entirely different though, than a Clan that relies solely on land. So I guess you could say technically, not that far at all. I haven't actually swam, I haven't pulled a single fish from the river, I think I might get credit for that play fight with WindClan by using skills I knew from ThunderClan..." Trailing off, Plumpaw wonders about what she could confidently say to this apprentice. "I know my way around though! At least... In the area between here and WindClan's border, haha."
After another moment, the molly flicks her tail. "How about you?"
[ mareenakit ]

marshy
November 5th, 2020, 06:29 PM
"Almondspirit! Whiteberry! SILENTHEART!!" Sparrowskip put a bit more into chanting for Silentheart. He after all, was his former apprentice. He sure would miss those calm days, now that he had to deal with Snakepaw. He would make sure congratulate him again after the meeting. Elementals

Estelle
November 5th, 2020, 09:09 PM
Primrosepaw, from her spot at the far back, suddenly started hearing three names get called over and over again with great excitement. She wasn't sure what it was exactly for, but decided to join in-- though maybe not pronouncing each of them right-- "Walmonspiwit! Whitebewy! Wilenhear..t!"

------------------------------

While all the chanting happened, Gingerfrost was only watching in first instance. He waited a second before joining in himslef "Almondspirit! Whiteberry! Silentheart!" he chanted, although perhaps not as loud as most other cats. He never did, so it was to expected.

ophelia
November 5th, 2020, 09:12 PM
Leopardpaw listened, eyes big and curious. She must know so many fighting moves, from ThunderClan and RiverClan. At the very least it would be educational to train with her, even if he did get shredded. He was about to ask why she left ThunderClan but decided not to push his luck. She seemed pretty reluctant about talking to him even about more casual things. Not that he was ever casual when he talked...

He shrugged. "That's not bad, I've only swam a couple of times, and I'm mouse-brained when it comes to fishing. I'm doing pretty good with fighting though! And hunting other prey besides fish." That last bit probably wasn't something to brag about in RiverClan though. He flushed again and scuffed at the ground.
implimm

Abyssopelagic
November 5th, 2020, 09:47 PM
"Whiteberry! Almondspirit-!"
Flyfur was accidentally cut off by a yawn. Embarrased, she ducked her head and restarted.
"Silentheart!"

_-_-_- -_-_-_-_
Cricketchirp was ecstatic that his clanmates were finally becoming warriors. There didn't seem to be many apprentices that got to this point.

Puddle~
November 5th, 2020, 10:12 PM
“Almondspirit! Whiteberry! Silentheart! Silentheart! Silentheart!” Berryscorch cheered out the names of the new warriors, cheering extra loud for her friend. Though they’d apart slightly in the past few moons, she retained the fond memories of the mischief and plotting they’d done as apprentices. Well, more like her mischief, and his following along.

——————————

Wow!! New warriors?! That must be so exciting! ”Almondspirit! Whiteberry! Silentheart!” Despite the fact that they hardly knew any of those new warriors, Baypaw was chanting at the top of their lungs. Why? Well because screaming was just fun to do! And it was exciting to think about their own eventual ceremony, even if it probably wouldn’t be for quite a long time.

Elementals
November 5th, 2020, 10:29 PM
~Silentheart of RC~

Interesting name choice. Did Lionstar find out about his gay side O-O? Well, it would probably make his parents proud. He squinted at the sky to see if any of his parents showed a sign. As usual, Starclan likes to be Silentclan. The tabby saw his friends and his former mentor. He raised a paw to give them a shy wave. Silentheart wanted to probably say a thank you to Sparrowskip when it was done.

{ :Grimmlin:

BEAR.
November 5th, 2020, 10:32 PM
The cat Lionstar wanted didn't seem to be here yet, so Lionstar opted to do something real quick with someone who was here.

He'd get to the other cat in a moment. If they wanted to play hide and seek, he'd go along with it - and then rip them a new one.

"Cricketchirp [ Rainquail], it has come to my attention you have completed the required training to become a full warrior, and in honor of your hard work and determination, I'd like for you to step forward."

Several moons ago, Lionstar admittedly found Cricketchirp to be kind of annoying.. but he had grown on him overtime and he was pretty proud to call him a Clan-mate.

He was looking forward to being able to give him a name that actually fit him.

Abyssopelagic
November 5th, 2020, 10:44 PM
Cricketchirp's ears went up. He was getting a rename?
Oh, boy. Here goes.
Cricketchirp stepped foward, eyes wide.
He'd never..... really been called up before. It was nerve wracking.
He tried to hold up his head and looked to Lionstar.

Mango
November 5th, 2020, 10:52 PM
Blizzardsky’s eyes lit up learning his friend Silentpaw was a warrior now,” SILENTHEART!” he howled forgetting about the others,” WE’RE THROWING A CELEBRATION PARTY IN YOUR HONOR DUDE, me and BERRYSCORCH’LL BE THERE.” he shouted loudly so that Silentheart would hear him.

BEAR.
November 6th, 2020, 12:15 AM
"When I gave you the name Cricketchirp, it was during a time in which you were a stranger coming into our Clan. To be honest, I didn't have enough knowledge about you to give you a name that actually fit you.

"From this moment forth, your time as Cricketchirp is no more. You will be known as Cricketflight, in recognition of your growth as both a cat and Clan-mate, and in honor of your dedication to remaining in the Clan. I know you joined the Clan to support your mate and kits, but even with their own departures you have chosen to rise above the occasion and prove yourself to be a loyal and reliable cat.

"Having you serve in this Clan has been a fantastic experience, and I hope you continue to do us all proud."

Lionstar paused, offering Cricketflight a small smile. After giving everyone a moment to congratulate him on the new name, he went on.

"Before I go any further, there is another name that needs to be changed. Halfpaw, come forward."

[ Rainquail ]

Abyssopelagic
November 6th, 2020, 12:39 AM
Cricketflight. The name sounded nice to his ears and he was glad to have made Lionstar proud of him. He dipped his head.
"Thank you, for the opportunity."
He was alight with pride, even as he stepped back into the crowd to allow Halfpaw to step foward.

"Cricketflight!"
Halfpaw called the new name out of respect when her own name was called.
Right, she had asked for a change.
She stepped foward. It would be odd to be called something other than Half-, but it would be hers, truly hers instead of a tribute name.

BEAR.
November 6th, 2020, 02:03 PM
"Halfpaw [ Rainquail], you have requested a new name as it has never suited who you are. From this moment on, you will be known as Palepaw - to give you a name that is actually yours, and not a tribute to a cat long since passed.

"Wear it proudly and well."

Lionstar didn't really care what Flyfur thought on the name change - Palepaw was old enough to make her own decisions and Lionstar especially respected this one. It kind of reminded him of Cottonstrike a few moons ago.

"Springcry [ Cobra]," Lionstar's tone shifted. "I need to have a word with you. Right now." If he decided to not bother showing his face, Lionstar would do this without him - at the cost of putting a hit out on him.

It really depended on how much Springcry valued his life.

Abyssopelagic
November 6th, 2020, 02:42 PM
Palepaw beamed proudly as she was gifted her new name. She looked to her mama, remembering the brief conversation she had about the topic. In turn, Flyfur simply smiled at her.
A name is a gift. No one is obligated to keep a gift they didn't want.

Flyfur was the first cat to raise her voice to call her new name.
"Palepaw! Palepaw! Palepaw!"
She stood by and watched for Springcry, eyes narrowed.

ophelia
November 6th, 2020, 02:46 PM
Silverpool beamed at Half- no, Palepaw. The apprentice was a character for sure. "Palepaw! Palepaw! Palepaw!" she called and padded over to congratulate her. "Congratulations! It suits you." She purred. Rainquail

She looked up as Lionstar called for Springcry. Had he done something wrong? She furrowed her brow in concern. RiverClan had no room for traitors or bullies, so she sincerely hoped they didn't have one...or she would have an issue.

plum
November 6th, 2020, 05:31 PM
Plumpaw snorts. "So you're a cat, that's a relief." Her statement was made to point out that what the tom had just said was pretty normal for anybody. "I can't imagine how natural it is for a cat to swim. Or enjoy water at all... Fish are... Well, they taste weird and smell like they go rank faster than any land-prey I've known. But... They're not as bad as the water itself." She had to suppress a shiver of disdain.
Her attention returns to the meeting again though when Lionstar calls forth two of their Clanmates: Cricketchirp and Halfpaw. And as he spoke and the ceremonies progressed, admiration shines in her eyes. There it was, another reason for her to like this leader more than the rest! How respectable, to acknowledge previous misjudgements and correct them before everybody. A little smile plays at the edge of her maw. "Cricketflight! Palepaw!" Her tone was a little warmer when honoring the two felines.
"That's cool, he-" In the midst of turning to Leopardpaw to chat again, the silver she-cat freezes. Her ear flicks as she hears his name- Springcry. Immediately, her eyes rake the clearing for him. That nasty thing. The air around her seems to grow still, and tense.
[ Cobra, Paradise - Love your new name choice <3 ]

ophelia
November 6th, 2020, 05:45 PM
implimm - [thx! it was soot's idea. :heartbounce: ]

Leopardpaw grinned a little. It was interesting that even for most RiverClan cats it didn't come naturally to swim. "I think I would like fish more if I actually was the one who caught them," he wrinkled his nose teasingly. He joined her in calling out the names Cricketflight and Palepaw. He didn't really know Cricketflight, but Palepaw had gone a swimming lesson with him one time.

He was listening to Plumpaw again when Lionstar started speaking. Springcry? Another warrior he didn't know very well. He looked at Plumpaw, about to ask what she thought this was about, but she was still, save for her eyes searching the camp, most likely for said Springcry. He tilted his head in confusion. What was with the weird reaction? He voiced his thoughts, "Uh, are you okay?" Then he also began looking warily around on instinct.

Abyssopelagic
November 6th, 2020, 08:18 PM
Palepaw perked up as Silverpool approached her and purred.
She really liked this cat. She was kind enough to take her on training expeditions when Dogflame was busy.
Suddenly she realized she hadn't groomed before the meeting had been called, not thinking about it and began to self consciously lap at her shoulder.
"Thank you. I like my new name. Still refers to my patch face.".
She lifted a paw to cover the half of her face that had the pale splotch of fur, which almost didn't go with the silver charcoal tabby. She'd always been proud of it. Made her feel unique.

Paradise

duckie
November 6th, 2020, 09:33 PM
Sootflare

The deputy offered a smile as Cricketchirp stepped forward to receive his new name. Sootflare hadn't been the best of mentors - chucking the poor boy into the river was certainly on his list of grievances - but he hoped the tom wouldn't hold it against him. Perhaps he could congratulate him after the meeting.

"Cricketflight! Palepaw! Cricketflight! Palepaw!"

Starfall
November 7th, 2020, 07:37 PM
Gentlethunder

The tom grinned as new names were given out. Hearing Bumblebutt so earnest always made the day a little brighter. His tail thwacked against the ground as he picked himself up, shouting the tom's name as loud as he could. "CRICKETFLIGHT! CRICKETFLIGHT!" he bellowed.

Than there was another name change. Honestly he didn't understand the purpouse of Halfpaw. It was silly, and any mother in their right mind wouldn't name their kit that. The new name choice was a good one. Kid had a good head on her shoulders. "PALEPAW! PALEPAW!" he bellowed once more. He didn't care if it was loud or obnoxious, the stars themselves deserved to look down on their Clan and weep. They were thriving.

Than the tone shifted, the leader's tone more serious. This made Gentlethunder straighten his back and look more presentable. It was never a good thing when Lionstar lost the cheer in his voice, from his experience that is. Blue hues shifted around, trying to spot the Warrior that was called up. What did he do to cause such a change in the tabby's voice? "Golden one's angry." he muttered aloud.

Cobra
November 7th, 2020, 09:34 PM
Springcry took one last look at Plumeflame, then walked over. Possibly Lionstar had decided that he needed something, and whatever it was - he was going to refuse. Springcry hated their annoying, whiny leader with a passion. He shot a glare at Lionstar, refusing to act 'kindly' or give him 'respect'. "What do you need?" he sniped, not able to resist a chance to bother Lionstar. "Is there something up your royal ass? Do you need me to clean it? 'Cause yeah, I'm not doing that. But I'm sure Sootflare would love to."

Springcry smirked and padded closer to the RiverClan leader. "Honestly," he began. "sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do, right? Like not worship his crybaby leader. Orrrr find a stunning cat who he adores and wants to be best friends with. Lionstorm? Y'know, I never got what you saw in that.. Fawnsqueak. Annoying cat."

True, true, true. Lionstar wasn't the best at choosing his "partners" to help him lead the Clan - Fawnsqueak was his mate, Sootflare basically his dad, and the most recent were.. obviously in love with him. He only chose his followers.

"Okay, okay," Springcry meowed in a flat tone. "What do you want me here for? I'm sure it's about Plume, right? I saw your 'little glances' you shared with each other - it's obviously about me? Why now? I haven't done anything wrong - have I?"

BILL. implimm Starfall

BEAR.
November 7th, 2020, 10:06 PM
Okay, Lionstar was going to enjoy this.

"Run your mouth as much as you want, sugar. You don't know dung about the cats you're talking about and your blatant arrogance and stupidity isn't doing you any favors.

"RiverClan," he raised his voice. "Look at this pile of toadstool for a second. He has been spreading lies about your leadership and Clan-mates to apprentices in order to manipulate and groom them into being his playthings. He is preying on our youth with his lies and as you can see, has no intention of stopping.

"This behavior ends today. Springcry [ Cobra], you are hereby exiled from RiverClan. Because of the danger you've decided to pose toward others, you will not be leaving this Clan unscathed. Flyfur [ Rainquail], Gentlethunder [ Starfall], and anyone else who'd like to participate, take the traitor out of our camp. Blind him, silence him, and deafen him; but try to not kill him, so he may never harm another cat while he still draws breath."

A flick of his tail indicated he was done with the exile. They could whisk him away immediately. Anyone else who remained could suffer through the last snippets of the meeting.

[ implimm, Zesty Mango, open to anyone else ]

Splashy
November 7th, 2020, 10:14 PM
+ Cobra +
Rainsplash didn't need asked twice.

Standing up quickly, Rainsplash immediately rushed towards Springcry, ice-blue eyes glowing with disrespect and anger towards the exile. He clearly gave no respect to those who disrespected his clan, nethertheless his Leader.

"Your foolish dare to disrespect Lionstar will not allow me to stand by and let you bash, it's time you left!"

Rainsplash snapped, shoving his marengo black pelt into the exile's side harshly, giving no care if he knocked over the cat.

Arie
November 7th, 2020, 10:22 PM
— BILL. implimm Zesty Mango Rainquail Starfall —

Eelpaw wanted to go! She really wanted to blind the bad dude. Like not to participate but to watch and see how it worked out! Goosefury could say no, but she still wanted to go. Nothing excited her... but she did want to see how you blinded a cat. Because maybe it would be useful and she wanted to be useful and Sassafrasfire told her to be useful. “Can I go, Mr. Loud cat? I promise I’ll just watch and not get in the way!’

Mango
November 7th, 2020, 10:33 PM
Blizzardsky’s face lit up,” i’ll come.” he meowed holding his head up proudly glancing at Lionstar. The eye color was off, but he’d get Goosefury a new eye, he’d practice on the left eye and dissect it, but give the right eye to Goosefury, he wanted to play with it, like a bouncy ball, like the cheap 25 cent ones you got from the thing that is like a gumball at like a restaurant that children always beg their parents for then never play with when they get home, though probably they cost a whole dollar now.

Abyssopelagic
November 7th, 2020, 10:37 PM
Flyfur moved in as Lionstar gave the order to remove Springcry, a snarl upon her lips.
A predator, gross. Disgusting.
She shoved at him, pushing him towards the exit.
"Get going," she hissed.
The idea of the number of apprentices he could have gotten his nasty claws into make her sick.

Cobra

plum
November 7th, 2020, 10:37 PM
"I'm fine," hisses the molly.
It was a poor attempt at brushing her qualms with the sleazeball away. Leopardpaw would probably feel intimidated if he knew her bitter feelings towards Springcry. She didn't want to scare the tom away- Not when they had a shot at being friends. Not when he already seemed ready to run at a moment's notice. But still, Plumpaw could hardly contain the shiver of repulsion to see and listen to the warrior she'd spoken to a total of two separate occasions. He looked at her like they were mates, in her mind, and spoke to and of her as if they'd known one another all their lives. Her slender tail lashes in silent fury as she digs her claws into the sand.
She keeps her back straight and tense, and she keeps an eye on Springcry while the warrior saunters closer to Lionstar at the summons. When he opens his mouth, she grits her teeth.
"That's not my name," Plumpaw mutters under her breath. Still, the silver she-cat keeps herself firmly planted to the ground beside her denmate, her gaze traveling from the warrior to their leader. His wrath would make her day- Perhaps it would be more severe with Springcry's theatrics.

Lionstar's words ring in the apprentice's velvet ears. On a suspended breath, Plumpaw looks back to Springcry to see what he would do. But before he gets the opportunity to act, their Clanmates do. A hot wave of satisfaction washes around Plumpaw- A grin scrawls itself across her visage. "I'll see you around, alright?" Glancing at Leopardpaw, there was a hint of apology in her clear blue eyes. But she had to be with Springcry now. Turning away from the other apprentice, the silver mau slips nearer to the warrior exile. Now, she seemed glad.
"Are you sorry, yet?" she asks him, her tail hooking over like a question mark. Then, Plumpaw turns to look for Gentlethunder- the tom she had supposed to have been learning under this whole time. Maybe they could bond now.

[ Cobra, Paradise, Starfall, Zesty Mango, Rainquail ]

dino.
November 7th, 2020, 10:40 PM
[ Cobra ]

Goosefury stared unblinkingly at Springcry for a moment, then curled his lip in disgust and lashed his tail. He would have only had a few choice words for the tom had Eelpaw not signed up, but now he was jumping forward to stand next to his apprentice. "You can come, but only if you promise to be careful." Then he raised his head to shoot a glare at Springcry. "Let's get going, then."

panchiko
November 7th, 2020, 10:40 PM
springcry seemed like a butt. he hadn’t ever met a cat he would describe as an ass thus far, but springcry certainly fit the bill. dayheart listened to what lionstar was saying for a moment, looking at springcry carefully. springcry was.. well, a meanie, and quite literally a creep. dayheart didn’t like either. he wasn’t sure if he disliked him enough to kill him, but lionstar said that that wasn’t an option, so dayheart was willing to participate in whatever this harming stuff was. sure, it might reign over his conscience for a little bit, but he wouldn’t feel bad about it. springcry was a creep, and that was reason enough for all of this stuff, right? yeah! “i’m comin’ too!” dayheart mumbled, ready to get springcry as far away as possible. absolute yikes. he walked along with the cats pushing him towards the exit, deciding not to touch the doo doo dude until he was actually smackin him around and stuff.

JusticeRabbit
November 7th, 2020, 10:51 PM
Spottedpaw "I'm coming." She said walking over. "Who else is coming?" She asked

Madelaine
November 7th, 2020, 10:55 PM
[ implimm; Zesty Mango; Rainquail; Starfall; Cobra; ]

Tinypaw wanted to help get rid of the bird cat too. The otter cats would be safe without the bird around. "I wanna help too!", he meowed. The small tom let out a growl at Springcry. "How dare you talk bad about my Lionstar.", Tinypaw meowed.

Starfall
November 7th, 2020, 10:57 PM
Gentlethunder
implimm Rainquail Cobra

The calliby simply glared at the tom, daggers of hatred boring into his fur. His lips turned up in a snarl. What was he doing? What was he doing to the Apprentices? Who was Plume? It took a few seconds to realize just who the dirtball was talking about. First he felt as though he could have the slightest chance at dragging Lionstar through the mud, and this whole time he's been bugging his former Apprentice?

It took the cake. Gentlethunder practically lept up and pushed the Warrior forwards, hoping to make him fall flat on his face. Blue hues were ablaze with disgust. "I see no Tom here. Just a feline who even the mice would turn away." he spat. He turned to see Plumpaw standing there, ears twitching at her words. "If you aren't sorry now, I'll make sure you will be here pretty soon." he gurgled, shoving at Springcry more. He wasn't even trying to be gentle, his claws were out, and his fangs were showing.

Arie
November 7th, 2020, 11:08 PM
-- Slushie --

Eelpaw nodded as Goosefury came up by her. She was just going to watch! "I'm just gonna watch! Learn how to be useful. I can bring sticks, like rocks and sticks. Because they're useful are they not?" Warrior had really inserted into her this need to be useful. To act usefully, to be useful, to become a tool... which wasn't necessarily good nor bad. It was... interesting. "So, if you damage like... the eye area will inside blood become outside blood? Can you make the outside blood become inside blood again?" the entire sentence was said with completely monotone voice that revealed nothing but just... childish curiosity. Eelpaw just wanted to know how to be useful and if knowing about inside blood and outside blood made her useful, she would take that.

Splashy
November 7th, 2020, 11:27 PM
+ Rainquail Cobra +
Rainsplash walked beside Springcry and Flyfur, keeping an eye on the Exile with ice-blue eyes sharp like claws. He didn't appreciate traitors and those who bad-mouthed Lionstar. He was glad Lionstar finally was having enough and letting the clan punish those that deserved it.

"May Starclan be angered at your actions, tonight, Springcry.."

He growled lowly as he stayed with Springcry and Flyfur

Puddle~
November 7th, 2020, 11:28 PM
There were already quite a few cats stepping forward to help abolish Spingcreep, but when it boiled down to getting rid of a disgusting cat like this, the more the merrier, right? Berryscorch padded up to join the mass of cats angrily swarming the exile. She decided not to join in on shoving Springcry out the exit, based on the fact that there were enough cats pushing him already—they wouldn’t be able to walk if everyone was crammed together and pushing so tightly. Instead, she separated herself a short distance, eyes directly on the exile, ready to react if he tried something tricky. Which likely wouldn’t happen in the first place, given the opposing force of the group. But she definitely wanted to partake in the portion outside of camp. Creeps had no place in RiverClan, or in any of the clans for that matter.

duCky
November 7th, 2020, 11:43 PM
Thistlekit begin to panic. He peeked outside the entrance to the nursery, tempted to see what was going on. Why is there all this fighting and noise?

Abyssopelagic
November 8th, 2020, 12:14 AM
Palepaw wanted no part of this. The thought of Springcry being near her made her skin crawl and stomach churn. She also didn't want her Eelgal going with.....
Though, the group was very large and there would be a lot of adults. Many adults to keep her Eelgal safe if she went.
Palepaw wouldn't be going.
She watched as the group of cats pushed Springcry to the exit, snapping at his heels and baring teeth in threat.

As she was watching, she saw Thistlekit and shuffled to him.
"It's ok. There was a bad cat, but the adults are taking him away. No more bad cat, for now. It's noisy, but it should be getting quiet soon."
She promised.

Spoopy Eclipse

gs29513
November 8th, 2020, 05:19 AM
Twigpaw didn't know much about this cat that they were supposed to maim, but he wasn't about to back down from the challenge. So what if he had no real battle training? It wasn't as if anyone could stop him, since he didn't see his mentor or mom anywhere. So he was going, falling into line with the mob, claws snicking out, his hiss turning menacing. Very menacing. He didn't know what the cat had done even, but Lionstar said to beat him up, and that was what a loyal cat would do. And HE was a loyal cat!

duCky
November 8th, 2020, 09:25 AM
"Thanks", he said, slightly disappointed. Now that Thistlekit somewhat understood what was happening, he new it was to dangerous to get closer. He padded back to his nest in the nursery, happy that he was at least safe.

Raniqual

BEAR.
November 8th, 2020, 10:17 AM
"Icetree!" Lionstar snapped, visibly unhappy with him. "I said get him out of camp first!"

[ StarSpirit2009 ]

Astraea
November 8th, 2020, 10:35 AM
~Foxpaws eyes were forever scared with the sight of ice-tree try to slash her old clanmate.~ Lion-Star! What’s going on , why is ice-tree attacking spring-cry. ~those words snapped out of her mouth , but in the end she just watched one of her clammate try to hit another one of her clanmate. ~
~in the end she was s seed for her safety , her y’all was down along with her ears , her mouth was closed and her eyes. Her eyes didn’t know what to , she didn’t know if she should go run and hide or stay. She just didn’t know~

shaae_26
November 8th, 2020, 11:04 AM
"Icetree!" Lionstar snapped, visibly unhappy with him. "I said get him out of camp first!"

[ StarSpirit2009 ]
(oops, misread that, sorry)
"Oh, sorry!" Said Icetree.

Jessica1917
November 8th, 2020, 11:55 AM
Basilpaw was grinning at the renaming. They seemed happy with their new names. Her smile fell, however, when she saw Lionstar kicking someone out of the clan. Was Basilpaw supposed to do anything? That Springcry guy seemed to be a jerk, but should she help pull his eyes out? Basilpaw shuddered, before averting her eyes, watching the ground and scooting away from the chaos. Nope, nope, nope, she wasn't gonna watch that.

ophelia
November 8th, 2020, 10:34 PM
Silverpool nodded at Palepaw, slightly distracted by Lionstar's announcement. She would've offered to help gladly, but enough cats were eager and she didn't want to seem like a suck-up. She just glared at Springcry instead.

Leopardpaw blinked, "O-okay." He nodded as she walked away, and had a feeling she was a little more connected to Springcry's punishment than most from the way she was acting. He sat down as others volunteered, not a being a bloodthirsty cat. He shook his head in disappointment and turned away.

implimm

Cobra
November 9th, 2020, 07:56 AM
Springcry stared at all the bombarding him, amazement in his gaze. After all their pledges of loyalty and swearing to always have one another's back, that was.. for sure wrong. But who was he to judge? He wasn't one of them anymore - they didn't care about him. They only cared about recycling him, exiling him. He definitely wasn't one of them any longer - no way.They hated him. "Plumpaw!" Springcry howled as they pushed him against the entrance to the camp. "This is your fault! You stupid ass!" The crowd managed to shove him out. "I hate you!" he bellowed, eyes wild with fury. "You're an awful cat!" The tom snarled at the cats around him, lashing out with his teeth and trying to bite all of them.

BILL. implimm Zesty Mango Rainquail Starfall Siren Bliss Splashy [ i am only mentioning those who mentioned me and talked on the discord about bullying spring. those who have explicit permission, are roleplaying a riverclan hr, or are staff may powerplay ]

marshy
November 9th, 2020, 09:08 AM
Sparrowskip scowled at Springcry. What an awful cat... how could he do such a thing. He'd probably comfort Plumpaw a bit later. Maybe if he wasn't a medicine cat he would join in too... nah. Snakepaw probably would though. He just watched silently as he was dragged out of camp

BEAR.
November 9th, 2020, 12:25 PM
"Foxpaw [ ~Fox~]," Lionstar was irked by her apparent lack of listening, "did you not hear what I just said? He is being banished for grooming, manipulating, and corrupting the minds of some of our apprentices, and we are ensuring he can never harm another cat again."

The Clan was focused on getting rid of the trash, so Lionstar decided to end the meeting on this note. "This meeting is dismissed. Sootflare, I want to speak with you in my den. Gentlethunder [ Starfall], let me know when you're done."

On that note, he sprang down from the stone and vanished into Lionsden. Soon, not only would the Clan be purged of filth, but he could have a chat with Sootflare.

A much needed one, something that might .. actually make him feel okay again.

Astraea
November 9th, 2020, 12:31 PM
i-im sorry ~foxpaws ears were down, like her hope , like her ideas , like her life . and there was nothing she could do about it. she would never gain the trust and likeing of lion-star, would hse forever be a blur to everyone around her? Would lion-star ever like her? those were questions that would never get answered.~

-Ash-
November 9th, 2020, 12:32 PM
Ebonypaw didn't need to be asked twice. He was... allowed to hurt another cat? This would be fun! Fun fun fun! He tried to remind himself that he was just protecting RiverClan, but he wanted to see what a cats' eyeball looked like! He waited until the cat was outside. "I want an eye!" he exclaimed.

[OPEN]

JusticeRabbit
November 9th, 2020, 12:34 PM
SPottedpaw ran up to the group. "Shall I blind his filthy eyes?" she asked.

Madelaine
November 9th, 2020, 03:17 PM
[ Cobra; ]

Tinypaw jumped back when he was starting to try and bite them. The small tom tried to jump in front of Plumpaw to help him out, but he didn't quite want to get hurt. Tinypaw let out a growl and helped try to push him out of the camp. "Get out. You don't belong here no more.", he growled.

Rani
November 9th, 2020, 05:22 PM
Snakepaw had been watching the mob descended with mild interest as he shredded his mossball. He didn't really agree with Lionstars decision here, it was rife with flaws and unnecessary bloodshed. They should've just killed him right there. The small tom failed to see any reason to keep the fool alive and this manner was just brutal but it wasn't his call was it. Nothing was ever his call. Including his future.
Snakepaw levelled a glare at the leaders retreating back before standing and shaking off the moss on him, guess he had a medicine cats den to get to now.

BEAR.
November 10th, 2020, 07:04 PM
[ Please be aware no one should know of
Lionstar's resignation or Sootflare's ascension to leadership.
Their talk was private and they went to the
Starcave without informing the Clan of their plans. ]
They were on their way home now, but Lionstorm couldn't help but try to steal the lead from Sootstar. He was never a follower - couldn't stand it, he needed to have an ounce of control left in his life.

Camp was within their sights quickly, and Lionstorm paused just before it. "Remember: we need to inform the Clan. I'll call the meeting and start off the announcement, and you can take over afterwards." It would be less jarring for everyone for things to appear normal, even if Sootstar sat beside him. Their pelts might brush .. the thought made him shiver, his tail curling over his back.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
In camp, Lionstorm wasted no time in prancing across the clearing and launching himself onto the Streamstone. He gave Sootstar a moment to join him on the rock before he started the familiar call.

"All those old enough to swim, gather beneath the Streamstone for a Clan meeting!" They just had one, but this should be a breeze. It was important but simple.[ wnder ]

Ikoria the Wolf Pup
November 10th, 2020, 07:08 PM
Stripepaw ran up to the foot of the Streamstone. “What’s this meeting about, Lionstar?” she asked. BILL.

panchiko
November 10th, 2020, 07:08 PM
dayheart gathered at the call, plopping down close up to the front. what a comfy place to sit. nice, nice. such a quality floor. he turned his attention back to the meeting so he wouldn’t get carried away with the nice seating, smiling at sootie and lionstar.

duckie
November 10th, 2020, 07:14 PM
Sootstar

He couldn't help but laugh and slow his pace and Lionstorm rushed to take the lead. If Lion needed that small shred of command to feel okay right now, he would allow him to take it without a fight. He gave a small nod as they paused outside camp and followed in without a word.

Making his way across the clearing to hop onto the Streamstone was a welcome familiarity. He trailed behind Lion ever so slightly. This felt final. Like taking his place atop that stone was the last brick. He hesitated on the first leap up to the deputy spot then jumped up to sit beside Lionstorm.

While there was enough room for the both of them at the top, there wasn't much extra and Sootstar found himself sitting awfully close to his former leader. His cheeks flushed with heat and he pointedly avoided meeting Lionstorm's gaze, instead turning to face the growing crowd.

This is fine.

dino.
November 10th, 2020, 07:16 PM
Goosefury pulled himself away from a corner of camp with a yawn and a stretch of his legs. Hadn't they'd just had a meeting? It sure felt like that.

----------

Cicadakit poked his head out of the nursery to look up at the Streamstone, his small ears angled forward as far as he could make them.

Cobra
November 10th, 2020, 07:16 PM
Quietstep strolled up to the Streamstone, walking leisurely. Wow. Sootflare and Lionstar on the rock? Must be important. He couldn't wait. Quietstep enjoyed the big announcements, the stuff that really mattered. Things like that. They were always so interesting.

He took a seat next to Dayheart. Dayheart was a pretty decent cat, very cheerful which was always a bonus and kind. Also the Clan's sweetheart. "Hey!" Quietstep purred. "I'm Quietstep. Did ya notice little Sootflare up on that rock? Somthin's goin' on, I know it."

hope

Bread
November 10th, 2020, 07:28 PM
duckbounce waddle over to the streamstone. she was curious what was going to go on and what would be announced.

Rani
November 10th, 2020, 07:31 PM
Snakepaw slipped out of the medicine cats den and sat down waiting to hear whatever news was being announced. Huh, why was Sootflare on the streamstone with Lionstar? The whole things was curious and the tom steadily grew more and more interesting in what the announcement might be.

Puddle~
November 10th, 2020, 07:32 PM
Berryscorch joined the small group below the Streamstone, taking a seat a little off to the side. Looking up, she pondered why both Lionstar and Sootflare were present at the top.

—————————

Baypaw pranced excitedly over to join the meeting, plopping down near the front. They noticed Sootflare was up on the Streamstone too, but didn’t think much of it.

marshy
November 10th, 2020, 07:38 PM
Sparrowskip slipped out of the medicine cat den along Snakepaw and sat down at the streamstone. He wondered what Sootflare was doing next to Lionstar... eh, maybe he had useful info that Lionstar wanted him to share.

Wings
November 10th, 2020, 07:58 PM
-Russetstrike-

Russetstrike was finally getting into the swing of things, and felt ready to attend another clan meeting. And this one seemed rather interesting as Sootflare was up on the rock too. Could mean many things, he just didn't know which.

-Ash-
November 10th, 2020, 07:59 PM
Ebonypaw was quickly at the Streamstone. He liked to be first, or as close to first as possible. It made him feel like a real Clanmate. One that had been born into RiverClan. Why's Sootflare on the rock..?

Quasar
November 10th, 2020, 08:02 PM
Snowfern yawned as she trudged out of the warriors den, her head hanging and her pelt ruffled, little bits of moss clinging to her long fur. She sat down and blinked the sleep out of her eyes before turning her attention up to Lionstar and Sootflare.

---

Springkit bounded over to join the crowd, pulling Turtlekit along behind her.

duCky
November 10th, 2020, 08:04 PM
Thistlekit peeked his head out of the nursery, tempted to go outside and explore while the meeting was going on. But for now, he looked up Lionstar, interested to hear what was going on.

Daisy the Icewing
(You can talk to him if u want)

BEAR.
November 10th, 2020, 08:07 PM
"RiverClan, I'm going to be straight," Lionstorm winked, "with you.

"Sootflare and I have had a long, hard, passionate talk between the last meeting and now and I'm happy to announce we have decided to become mates." He reached with his tail to hook it around Sootflare's. "It was only a matter of time, everyone. Sootflare has been my rock these past several moons, a very reassuring presence and I'm honored to have such a lovely gentletom by my side."

Oh, but Lionstorm wasn't done there. "I know some of you might see him as a stick in the mud, but Sootflare is very tender-hearted and warm. Like the sun on a chilly day, he has done nothing but bring light to my life." Lionstar leaned over to give Sootflare a little cheek smooch.

"Isn't that right, sugar? A darling like yourself ought to know how fantastic and stunning you are. You're the sap that makes our love so solid, aren't you."[ wnder ]

dino.
November 10th, 2020, 08:13 PM
Great. Starting off with a very obvious pun. This was obviously going to be fun. Goosefury couldn't help but stare blankly at the pair up on the Streamstone, occasionally flipping his gaze from one to the other in an attempt to understand exactly what was going on here. Surely this wasn't the only cause for the meeting?

And then came the sappy speech. Goosefury rocked back on his haunches, one eyebrow raised. Great skies, get a den.

Leucos
November 10th, 2020, 08:16 PM
She was so late! Oh my god... Feathermask snook into the streamstone gathering area only to sit down. Her ears perked up as lionstar spoke only for her eyes to widen. Wait... AWwwwwwww! So cute !! she gave a happy tail swish for the two of them and couldn't hold in an aw of her own. She wasn't much of a shipper herself ...but that was just adorable. "congratulations! " she meowed. Hopefully loud enough for them to hear. She looked around for the other clan mates and hoped that they would cheer for them as well. She gave every single one of them an expectant glare . { open }

Madelaine
November 10th, 2020, 08:19 PM
Tinypaw was a little bit late, but he showed up. The tom had gotten a little bit bigger, but he was still so small. The apprentice heard what Lionstar spoke of him and his deputy being mates. Eww he didn't want to know that. Why did they have to know anyway?

Rani
November 10th, 2020, 08:19 PM
Oh dear god this was what they were called up to hear?! Snakepaw made several loud gagging noises like he suddenly had a hair ball before deciding, nope that wasn't enough heckling and calling out.

"We all already knew you're stupid for him without you singing it to the hills. Take your sappy old man stuff somewhere where were not liable to choke on it, no one needs to see this! (especially not the kits) Or better yet let the poor man go he looks like he's been suddenly clubbed on the head with a bolder, I don't think your 'charm' is working golden boy."

The apprentice let out several loud cackles and wrapped up with a "Go take a nap and see us in the morning Lionstar, I told you to stop eating random mushrooms, especially before meetings, and you're obviously not listening. Let your hostage go and get off the rock!" Still from his amused grin and flicking tail it was obvious he found the whole thing funny.

-Ash-
November 10th, 2020, 08:24 PM
Ebonypaw just sat, confused, at Lionstar's obvious pun. Wait... Mates? Why did they need to know this? Oh, wait... Oh he's not straight! The fluffy black tom started giggling hysterically as he figured out the pun. Haha! So funny!

gs29513
November 10th, 2020, 08:26 PM
THIS was what the meeting was for? So they could see Lionstar make a fool of himself, cuddling and smooching with poor Sootflare? This was NOT what she had in mind, not at all. Splashleap had expected something IMPORTANT, not some lovey dovey smoochy smooch! Why did this have to be such a big thing? She wanted to say something, be a grouch about it like Snakepaw since it was horrific really, all the mushiness. But she didn't, figuring she'd let him make a bit of a fool of HIMself.
---------------
Rushpaw was in NO WAY interested in the mushy mess that was Lionstar now, suppressing a bit of a dramatic hack at the smooch. This was horrid! Putrid! Revolting! Ugh, could they all just....carve out their eyes and be done with it?
---------------
Twigpaw found the mushiness a bit amusing, although the smooch seemed a bit far. Why did they have to be so.......gross about it? Not a very emotionally mature cat, Twigpaw was far from accepting of this, spitting out a combination of gross and disgusting, coming out something like grusting!

Inconsistency
November 10th, 2020, 08:34 PM
Obviously surprised she looked at Snakepaw. Where was their respect? What was wrong with a leader and deputy getting together. If she called "Congrats!" Would everyone just stare at her? She didn't want that attention. She shifted a bit and made a awkward smile when she looked at the new couple. Plus- What if they had called the meeting only for that. It was a big announcement and the clan should congratulate them!
Frostpaw now mostly awake looked up. Was that the only thing for the meeting? Well they were mates. Well... There was more things for him to say right? Again.. She was good with that though she felt stiff and didn't really enjoy getting up for this.
Cloudpaw tilted his head. Mates? But wouldn't that get in the way of leadership? The clans function? This was weird! Why? Well. Maybe he should judge.. He might have those feelings one day to.. Probably not he should keep this feelings to himself! Instead of telling the whole clan if he had a mate he wouldn't tell the whole clan! It didn't matter as much. The clan had work to do and Lionstar the leader was wasting their time!

marshy
November 10th, 2020, 08:35 PM
Well, that was certainly.... interesting to say the least. Sparrowskip had his mouth open like he was going to say something, but nothing came out... until Snakepaw's comment. He burst out laughing like a loon and couldn't stop himself. He was actually happy Snakepaw was his apprentice for once. Once he finally calmed down he though to himself. Well if this is the only reason there was a meeting i'm never talking to them again. Of course he didn't mean it mean it. Well he kinda did but there had to be something else to this meeting. "We- Well I hope that wasn't the only reason you called this meeting? Because I swear to Starclan if it is i'm going to have to, how do I say this... take a break from you two." Rani

duckie
November 10th, 2020, 08:45 PM
Sootstar

Wait... what?

No, no, no, no, no.

He was not going to start off his leadership with Lionstorm making a right fool of the both of them. He recoiled from the smooch but couldn't fight the flush in his cheeks, whether it was from embarrassment or nervousness, he didn't particularly care. Rather unceremoniously, he reached up to stuff a paw in Lionstorm's mouth and take control of this trainwreck.

"Right. No." he meowed, quickly clearing his throat to speak, "While Lionst-...ar and I did have a very important discussion about the future of the clan, we are most certainly not becoming mates. Sorry, bud."

Rani
November 10th, 2020, 08:57 PM
Did. Did disapproving mentor Sparrowskip laugh at his sassing? And did he just make a joke too?! Snakepaw want aware that the other medicine cat could do that. Deciding to test the waters he leaned over and spoke to Sparrowskip this time, though he was still loud enough for others to overhear him if they were paying attention. “Aw poor Lionstar so brutally turned down, how will the poor mans ego survive? Then again it is the size of the territory so it’ll probably be just fine, shrinking it is for his own good. Sootflare doesn’t look as resistant as you’d expect though... I’m all for banning him from the medicine cats den though.”
:Grimmlin:

BEAR.
November 10th, 2020, 08:57 PM
Lionstorm was aware of Snakepaw's heckling but was more concerned with Sparrowskip's response, pulling off his best frown as he peered down at the medicine cat. For the sake of being dramatic, he raised his paw toward his heart. "Aw, you're take a break from us, honey? Oh Sparrowskip, you wound me. I thought we had something special."

Unfortunately for himself, it appeared Sootflare wasn't having fun today and decided to shove a paw into his mouth. Lionstar couldn't help nibbling at the paw a little bit - it was hard to resist the urge. After a moment of getting sick of that, he spat Sootflare's paw out and resumed. "Well, if you want to ruin the fun, sure, darling."

Back to being serious, as lame as that was. "RiverClan, more seriously, I'm stepping down as leader. It's been .. something, but the last few moons I've been burnt out and struggling to be the leader RiverClan deserves. Our passionate talk was about Sootflare becoming leader, and we've already made the trip to the Starcave to sort the lives out.

"From this day forward, Sootflare is now Sootstar, and I have reclaimed my former name: Lionstorm."[ wnder, :Grimmlin: ]

Madelaine
November 10th, 2020, 09:02 PM
Tinypaw heard what Lionstorm said and it saddened him. He wanted to become a warrior under his leadership. Now he felt all that time of showing what he could do was all for nothing. He knew that Lionstorm would do anything for the best. Perhaps it would be a good thing, but for right ow he wasn't so sure. Tinypaw ignored the pain and the voices in his head. They were telling him awful things, Even the positive voices were well hidden. They knew how hard he had tried, but couldn't help them. Now he wasn't so sure if he even wanted to be a warrior anymore. It was pointless now. Even if he was almost done with his training. He just needed to interact more and he was ready for his assesment.

Quasar
November 10th, 2020, 09:03 PM
Snowferns jaw dropped as she watched the scene play out, and it seemed to go by in mere seconds. One moment, Lionstorm was acting all lovey dovey with Sootstar, and now he was stepping down? Huh, well thats certainly...interesting? after a moment of hesitation, she raised her voice into a cheer, :SOOTSTAR! SOOTSTAR! SOOTSTAR!¨ she chanted, a wide smile on her face.

---

Turtlekit and springkit chanted Sootstars name, with turtlekit being much quieter and subdued.

marshy
November 10th, 2020, 09:22 PM
Sparrowskip chuckled at Lionstar's comment. "I'm not so sure about that.." and then the news hit him like a trunk. "WHAAATT?!" Sparrowskip blurted out. "You're... You're resigning!? But! I! Wha..?" How.. why?? Lionsta-arm had been leader since he was a kit! How was he suppose to get used to a new leader? He barely knew Sootstar! He talked to him twice and both were to report patrols! He looked up to Lionstorm! Lionstorm made Sparrowskip the way he is! He showed him what to be like, and what not to be like. He showed him bad people and good people. He even gave Sparrowskip another chance after his trash dad Dirtfur! This was the most surprise he felt since he became medicine cat like a week before! "How am I suppose to get used to this? I mean, congrats on all levels Sootstar but.. Lionstorm's been leader since I was a kit! He made me the way I am!" This was a bit of a sad moment for Sparrowskip, it would take a long while to get used to Sootstar for sure. BILL.

Madelaine
November 10th, 2020, 09:29 PM
Tinypaw heard Sparrowskip and it was becoming all too much for him. The voices were roaring in his head and he felt his head pound. The felt like he was going to throw up. Tinypaw quietly padded back into the den. He just needed to rest his new found anxiety was getting to him.

Roseleader
November 10th, 2020, 09:45 PM
Rosepaw sits down, wondering what will be annouced. BILL.

Mango
November 10th, 2020, 09:47 PM
Blizzardsky gave a cheer,” Yay, no more Lionstar...I can quit being super obedient, I’m not on my third strike anymore.” he cheered then begining a new chant himself,” Lionstorm has no power! Lionstorm has no power! Lionstorm has no power!” it was a very unnecessary and rude chant.

Puddle~
November 10th, 2020, 10:22 PM
Baypaw’s jaw practically dropped all the way to the floor. Whoa whoa whoa, hold up... wait what? The mushy gushy stuff had evolved into THIS?! wHaT?? HoW?? When did— how did??! They hardly knew what to make of the situation, but the least they could do was join in the celebration of their new leader. “Sootstar! Sootstar! Sootstar!”

————————

Berryscorch was just as shocked as every other cat. How was it possible that the entire tone of the meeting had shifted from all jovial and flirty to dead serious in a matter of heartbeats? All she knew was that all these recent leadership changes were going to take a while to adapt to. Her thought process, however, was interrupted by a certain warrior sitting nearby, chanting eagerly about Lionstorm’s resign. The dumbass is going to get land himself in trouble. Rolling her eyes, she awaited to see what would happen next in this crazy sequence of events.

Abyssopelagic
November 10th, 2020, 10:45 PM
Flyfur looked up to the Seastones from her spot near the nursery. Another? Meeting? So soon? She wasn't feeling 100% after the last one, with what they had to do to Springcry, to prevent him..... from further harming their young, but she respected him enough, she'd make herself go.
She heaved herself up and padded foward, joining the throng of cats, carefully sizing him up, gauging his reactions to attempt to guess what this could be about. She nodded to Palepaw as her daughter approached and sat beside her.

Cricketflight made his way to the Streamstone, apprehensive due to this..... being so soon after the last. Meaning this was likely an emergency meeting. That thought didn't style well with him.

Breezehen made her way to the crowd.

Flyfur's ears went up. Stepping down. Sootstar. Lionstorm.
That was.... a lot to take in.
She was still trying to wrap her head around it when she noticed her clanmates cheering for Sootstar. So she joined them.
"Sootstar!!"

Fawn
November 10th, 2020, 11:33 PM
Fawnsqueak blinked. Didn't... quite know what to think of all that, but whatever. Maybe it was something to unpack later because this was classic Lion-weirdness that honestly was expected at this point. It'd been a while since the dude had a breakdown.

Starfall
November 11th, 2020, 01:02 AM
Gentlethunder
implimm

Just getting back from the ordeal with Springcry, still a little bit of blood on his paws. He came in just in time to hear Lionstar's announcement...about Sootstar. He simply stood there for a few moments, tired, worn out, mainly tired though. Mentally that is. He than stepped in and roughly sat himself down. A grim expression on his face for a few moments before taking a deep breath in, and a long breath out. There was a whole lot goin on today, and he's just barely keeping up with it.

Gentlethunder sat there for a few moments before he sucked in a deep breath and began hooting and hollering. "SOOTSTAR!" he yelled. Before laying himself down with a sharp exhale. "Walked in and you two were joined at the hip. There's still a second part to this meeting right? If you two become mates I call being the one to bring flowers. Maybe a shell or two, depends on how much I like you that day." he wheezily chuckled.

~HewoFox~
November 11th, 2020, 05:41 AM
. BILL.
Foxriver walked out from the nursery. Another meeting? Alright.
Then hearing the news, she broke out shouting "Sootstar! Sootstar!"

Jessica1917
November 11th, 2020, 06:05 AM
(dang, the meeting happened while I was sleeping xD )
Basilpaw stepped out of the apprentices den yawning. It was barely a few days after the last meeting, and already there was another one. She sat down near the back, still a little tired. She didn't think much of Sootflare being on the rocks, maybe it was something that happened once in a while.
Then Lionstar started being... weird. And gross. What was going on? Mates? With Sootflare? With a kiss? Eugh. Basilpaw managed to not burst out like Snakepaw, but looked queasy and looked at the ground. Seriously Lionstar? This is what you called a meeting to say? Oh well, he's the leader. Or....
Wait. What. What what what what what what. "WHAT?" Oops. That last one may have come outside her head. Basilpaw sheepishly sat down from where she had stood up. Alright. Lionstar was Lionstorm. Sootflare was Sootstar. Got it. No problems there. Nope. None. Basilpaw took a deep calculating breath, letting it out slowly. Lionstorm had been Lionstar for... forever!

Rani
November 11th, 2020, 06:25 AM
.....Snakepaw wasn't sure what he was expecting but this wasn't it. Not that he was complaining though, not like Sparrowskip. As always with his mentor two steps forward one step back. Even if he didn't truely hate Lionstar-storm, ah hell the tom was Lionstar Snakepaw did not care enough to change his mental name for him, this change was only good in Snakepaws mind. So ever the opposite then he shrugged and spoke "Huh, alrighty then you'll hear no complaints from me. Sootstar! Sootstar! Sootstar!" Before sitting back to watch the ongoing chaos. If only all meetings were this amusing.

gs29513
November 11th, 2020, 07:31 AM
As surprised as she was with Lionstar stepping down, it wasn't like Sootflare, um, SootSTAR wouldn't be a good leader. And LionSTORM now wasn't leaving, at least, she didn't think so. So maybe it wouldn't be all that bad, he could still help out and stuff. Or at least, she hoped he wasn't leaving. Maybe it was better to move the power this way, while the former leader was still around to help the new one. Raising her voice, Splashleap called Sootstar! Sootstar! her tail lashing in excitement, or happiness, she wasn't really sure.
---------------
Rushpaw was not excited about no Lionstar, but she WAS excited about Sootstar. It wasn't bad to like both equally, was it? She did't HAVE to have a favorite! Her voice a bit shrill, she yowled happily for the new leader. Sootstar! Sootstar! SOOTSTAR! the last one coming out as a bit of a thunderous below more befitting a monster than a small apprentice. But really, she didn't care at all.
-------------
Twigpaw hadn't held much of an opinion on either of them, but if the leader thought it was a good idea, and Starclan had approved it then he was fairly certain it couldn't be all that horrible. And maybe it would be good that they changed, if Lionstorm truely didn't feel like he was doing the right job. He figured he'd just......see how it went.

Inconsistency
November 11th, 2020, 09:01 AM
Lionsta-storm.. Was stepping down? But.. Lionstorm.. Was well... Her thought stopped Whiteberry had him as leader when she was a kit. He was a good leader for many moons at least. Anyway. Sootstar! That was great. And Lionstorm couldn’t have been pushed to work forever. At least Lionstorm could see that he was tired and couldn’t work anymore. Well he couldn’t work as a leader he would probably help with hunting training his apprentice more extra. Well... She should chant like the rest! Sootstar! Sootstar! Sootstar! She chanted.
Stepping down?! Frostpaw was very well awake now he had stepped down? This was.. Surprising. Frostpaw never really got into trouble nor talked to Lionstom much. So she never really knew him.. But she knew he was a great leader. She hoped that in the future Sootstar would make good decisions like Lionstorm. But of course her will didn’t control anything. She should probably chant like everyone else.. Sootstar! Sootstar! SootSTAR! She called.
Cloudpaw didn’t even make a face to this. After punishing him. He didn’t like Lionstar! And LionSTORM had punished another kit for no reason! Lionstorm was old and rude. He didn’t deserve to be leader anyway. SOOTSTAR! SOOTSTAR! Yay! Sootstar! He called out.
_________

ChillCat
November 11th, 2020, 09:25 AM
Mothshade slipped out of the warriors den to sit at the streamstone. He still wasn't happy with Lionstorm after the Thornpaw fiasco, but he was just trying to help. Oh well, if they thought Sootstar would do better, then that was their discussion. "Sootstar! Sootstar! Sootstar!" BILL.

plum
November 11th, 2020, 09:35 AM
Plumpaw wasn't interested in the meeting. Truthfully, she would have preferred to curl up in her nest for the day and sleep. Yet here she was.
The silver molly felt downright rattled after what happened to Springcry. His voice lingered in her head even now, and when she had her eyes open, it was as if everything were stained a deep red.
The molly looks through the gathered cats for those who were there: Flyfur, Blizzardsky... That apprentice, and Goosefury. Looking more, she wonders if she would find Gentlethunder as well.
Taking up a seat near the back end of the crowd, the sullen she-cat listens to Lionstar's announcement of mating his deputy. However, Sootflare wasn't very keen to play along with what Plumpaw realizes is a joke. The real announcement comes as a shock to her- Maybe even a bit of a blow. Appalled, the apprentice remains silent for a few heartbeats. She could hear the cat who acted gross and cannibalistic against Springcry cry out something rude, and bites her tongue to reply to him. Lionstar was resuming his warrior duties... Was that okay? She gazes at him from afar. Would her place in RiverClan be endangered now? In all her thinking, the she-cat almost forgets to pick up the chant as well. "Sootstar," she says hastily, only mewing his name once, and rather softly to herself once she remembered to at all.
But before Plumpaw could slip away back into her own mind, she spots the remaining member of their earlier patrol. Gentlethunder. For some reason spotting him brought an additional spot of comfort to her. Without hesitating, she moves closer to the tom, her head low as well as her tail. He seemed tired, too. But at least he had the sense to be happy for Lionstorm and Sootstar.
Without saying anything at all, the silver mau sits near the warrior. It was her fault for brushing Gentlethunder off and imagining she could spark a friendship up with the wrong cat. Hopefully, he wouldn't hold any of this against her.
[ Starfall ]

JusticeRabbit
November 11th, 2020, 10:04 AM
Spottedpaw walked over and sat down and started grooming herself

pidgeon
November 11th, 2020, 10:07 AM
Mossygrove had been a bit late to the meeting, missing the mateship tomfoolery that Lionstar had pulled, but she arrived in time to hear his larger announcement. Stepping down?
"...S-Sootstar! Sootstar!" She called out hesitantly, not sure what to think. It seemed so...out of the ordinary for Lionstorm to have resigned. She wondered to herself what that conversation had really been like.

ophelia
November 11th, 2020, 11:57 AM
Leopardpaw looked up blearily at the stone. Sootflare? He padded over tiredly and sat by his sister as Lionstar talked. Sootstar? He had obviously missed something. "Snowfern? What's going on?" he asked the she-cat beside him as she chanted Sootfla- star's name.

Mumble

Quasar
November 11th, 2020, 12:08 PM
Leopardpaw looked up blearily at the stone. Sootflare? He padded over tiredly and sat by his sister as Lionstar talked. Sootstar? He had obviously missed something. "Snowfern? What's going on?" he asked the she-cat beside him as she chanted Sootfla- star's name.

Mumble

Snowferns ears twitched as she heard her younger brothers voice, and she turned her head to gaze at him. Had he not heard the announcement? He must have missed it, or he wouldn't even be asking in the first place. A smile made its way onto her maw, and she glanced back up at the new leader before looking back at her brother, ¨Lionsta-storm resigned, so now Sootfla-star is our new leader. Its...surprising, but at least Sootstar has been deputy for even longer than we've both been alive, so he seems pretty fit for the role to me¨ She responded, purposefully leaving out the...romantic moment prior to the announcement. She laughed, flicking Leopardpaws shoulder with her tail in a teasing manner, ¨Cmon sleepyhead, you shouldn't sleep through important announcements like this!¨ she joked, snickering quietly to herself.

ophelia
November 11th, 2020, 12:26 PM
Leopardpaw gaped as he took in Snowferns words. "What?" He was no longer sleepy. He stared at Lionstorm in shock and then back at Snowfern. "B-but..." He blinked and shook his head. Whatever. There was no but, Sootstar would be just as good as Lionstorm had been. He flushed as she flicked him and mumbled an apology. "Who do you think will be deputy? Lionstorm?" he asked his sister.
Mumble

Estelle
November 11th, 2020, 06:38 PM
Primrosepaw was.. Partially clueless again, per usual. But who was she to blame? She was much to distracted by the little weird but nice smelling things called grass that stuck out of the ground here and there. In her mind.. In her sightless eyes.. They were little creatures. Yes, little creature that were sleeping... Something like fairies! She poked at them, to try and wake them up. Of course though, that wouldn't happen. But then strange calling began. "Sootstar"? Star.. The only one she remembered ever being called "star" was the commanding voice everyone listened too. Was there now a new voice everyone listened too? She liked the other one though! this one, she didn't really know. At all. But they still had to call the new name, no? that's how it worked, right? "Swootsaw! Swootsaw! Swootsaw!" She squeaked out from the far back, sitting by her little 'fairies' of grass.

--------------------------------------

Well that was.. Unexpected, but their choice, Gingerfrost supposed. The first news, the mate one, did surprise the young warrior, though he wondered why Lionstar would call a meeting just for that. But then again, it was Lionstar, it was almost to be expected from him to do such a thing. But then.. Came the real reason (that did make him think the first bit of news might've just been a joke). Stepping down? Gingerfrost could almost not believe it. Lionstar had been leader ever since he had been born, he almost trusted the guy with RiverClan's safety, and now? He was supposed to trust the deputy- now leader- would do that? Gingerfrost never actually knew Lion..storm that well, but he was used to him. As for Sootflare, now Sootstar? Never spoke to him. Ever. Only time he ever really listened to him was when he got send out on patrol assigned by him. So this news was.. The ginger tom didn't know how to feel about it. He just had to.. Get used to there being a new leader, he presumed. This was Lionstorm's choice, and if he thought it was best that way, he had to.. respect it, there might be a bigger reason, even. And nothing could be changed now anyway. It was how it was.

Willowfern
November 11th, 2020, 06:57 PM
Kestrelsplash let out a little trill of happiness,
“Glad for you two,” Until he heard Lionsta-Lionstorm’s newest comment,
“Aw, sad to see you resignation Lionstorm, but I guess it’s what you want.”

duckie
November 11th, 2020, 07:21 PM
Sootstar

Sootstar allowed their clanmates time to react before he spoke up again. There were going to be many emotions associated with this leadership change - some good, some bad - and he wanted to give them a chance to get them out before he continued. Clearing his throat, he glanced at Lionstar before addressing the crowd.

"Many of you will be conflicted about this decision - that's understandable. Lion-... storm," Stars that would take a while to get used to, "Has been our leader for a long time. For some of you, your entire lives. You may be wary, conflicted, concerned. This change will take a while to get used to, the transition period may be a little rough, but we will get through it. And it's not like Lionstorm is leaving. He will remain here as your clanmate - no need to worry about that."

"There will be changes, of course, but I have no intention of rebuilding our daily life from the ground up. Lionstorm has done an exceptional job in his time as our leader and I mean to follow in his pawsteps. I'm glad to be the one to take over for him."

"You're all welcome to bring your concerns directly to me - don't be afraid to speak up just because I'm not the leader you're used to. Unless someone gives me a reason to do otherwise, the leader's den will remain open for those of you who would wish to speak in private. I will do my best for this clan, just as I always have, and I hope that you all will help me in that endeavor."

duCky
November 11th, 2020, 10:42 PM
Thistlekit cheered along, slightly confused about what was going on. "Sootstar! Sootstar! Sootstar!"

BEAR.
November 12th, 2020, 01:29 AM
Lionstorm couldn't help but chuckle at some of the reactions his resgination garnered. "Sparrowskip, if your mouth is any more agape, it'll catch all the flys in the forest." His concerns were cute but misplaced. "Look, it's not like I'm going far. I've offered myself to be an advisor to Sootstar if the need arises, but continuing to be leader would not be fair to the Clan." Due to a lack of motivation, stress, feeling like his life was sucked out of him. Lionstorm had aged faster in the last four seasons than he did any other time in his life. It.. was beyond exhausting. "RiverClan deserves a leader who can maintain it and keep it strong, especially when faced with the potential of new threats." ShadowClan was still bad news, after all. [ :Grimmlin: ]

He raised his chin, eyes lifting from Sparrowskip to scan the crowd. "I have faith Sootstar will serve the Clan well in the coming moons."

At Blizzardsky's chant, he gave the younger warrior a thin smile. "Oh, have fun with that." Lionstorm had been pretty tolerant of Blizzardsky's antics, and he could only imagine what Sootstar would do to him if he got out of line. [ Zesty Mango ]

Mossygrove's presence reminded him he needed to debrief Sootstar on her true identity and what she had done. As the new leader, he figured it would be good for him to remain in the loop. "And no, Leopardpaw. I have no intention of remaining in a position of power." Being deputy under Fallenstream had been fun, if only because he had practically undermined his authority and took charge of everything in the Clan. Ceremonies, patrols, punishments. Times had changed thanks to himself, but the order of the Clan made him realize how .. less fun it was for himself. He reunified the Clan at the cost of the freedom and chaos he craved. Becoming a warrior once more was a step at reclaiming what he had lost. [ Paradise ]

At Kestralsplash's comment, Lionstorm paused in confusion. "Look, Kestrelsplash, it's nice to see you're not dead but you've been gone for half a moon. I don't think showing up in the middle of a meeting is the best way for you to try to rejoin our ranks." It was painfully obvious, and kind of annoying that he didn't wait by the camp entrance or something to talk with Sootflare-- Sootstar with where he had been. Lionstar-- Lionstorm figured Sootstar would want to handle the dummy now that he was noticed. [ Willowfern, wnder ]

With Sootstar's little speech, Lionstorm let out a small huff and shifted, reaching to lightly bap his shoulder. "Look at you, mastering the art of public speaking. You're doing wonderfully." But this was making Lionstorm more aware he didn't.. really.. belong on the Streamstone anymore.

His time on the rock was coming to a rapid end. The Clan didn't need him up there, Sootstar didn't need him up there. Lionstorm glanced down at his paws, to the dozens of scratch markings that etched themselves on the boulder from the thousands of times a leader had scrambled up the rockside. How many were his? He felt like a good chunk had to be, because he had done so many meetings.. but he'd never know. Scuffing his paws, he bunched his muscles and sprang down from the stone to join the ranks of the front of the crowd.

How strange, indeed.

Dovey
November 12th, 2020, 01:36 AM
"So, you'll NEVER be our leader again? Are you going to be a elder, or stay as a warrior?" Almondspirit asked. His former mentor. The cat he looked up to most. Now was backing down? I can't believe it

BEAR.
November 12th, 2020, 01:41 AM
It was Lionstorm's turn to be confused. "Does it look like I broke every bone in my body? Why would I become an elder?" He actually, kind of hated most cats who claimed the rank of elder. Sometimes they were fine but it usually felt like they were entitled for surviving to old age with mediocre service to the Clan at best. It drove him crazy.

Cats who actually worked their tails off for the Clan and retired were a different story altogether. They deserved the rest.. he just wished more cats did that.

"If I was becoming anything other than a warrior, I would have said so."

[ Daisy the Icewing ]

Dovey
November 12th, 2020, 01:43 AM
// BILL.

"Oh... Uh... Right, sorry for asking,' Almondspirit said, muttering the last part.

Pepperkins
November 12th, 2020, 07:56 AM
Amberflight

The cream molly had been watching the whole ordeal unfold from the entrance to the warriors den, her usual blank expression clouding her face but a world of thoughts running through and sparkling in her eyes for the smallest second. She was never one to join the crowd, if she did it was because she assumed something bad was happening. In her opinion, this was quite the opposite.

Of course, it was like Lionstar to start off with something they really didn't need to know, especially with the puns. She let out a quiet purr, the only sigh of amusement she ever gave out, as she watched Sootflame. It was a little strange how they sat together but it did shed a little light on it. The next announcement is what interested her.

Hm, so old Lion boy was stepping down from leadership, she would have never thought it to happen. Then again, he had seems exceptionally tired these past few moons, it did make sense in hindsight. Of course, Sootfla- Sootstar would step up, he was deputy after all. Tuning out the rest of the crowd's ranting and congratulating, it always gave her a headache, she watched as the golden tom made his way the huge boulder, the same one he had climbed every meeting of her life if she recalled correctly. It certainly was a sight to behold. Turning her attention back to their new leader, Amberflight joined the crowd half-heartedly in celebrating the new leadership.

[Shhhh, Amber was totally here]

marshy
November 12th, 2020, 08:55 AM
"Alright..." Sparrowskip just sat back again, not wanting to cause another scene

Leucos
November 12th, 2020, 09:20 AM
huh....OH! Feathermask gave a silent cheer for sootstar since most of the cheering had been over. Although she felt kinda stupid for believing the first part... It made her blush like mad. " well at least Lionsta- storm isnr going anywhere . to be honest , I think soot will be a good leader. I'm just glad were a clan that's actually intact ...and not running itself into the ground " she meowed openly. She was glad that she wasn't apart of shadow clan...from what's she's heard they were horrible .

duckie
November 12th, 2020, 09:22 AM
Sootstar

The gray and white leader offered Lionstorm a friendly smile before the tom hopped down from the Streamstone. It was just him now. Glancing back at the crowd in front of him, Sootstar was painfully aware of what pig pawsteps he had to fill. He would do everything he could, of course, but Lionstorm had no idea how much he was needed up on that stone.

Letting out a deep sigh, Sootstar continued, "Before I dismiss you all, we have a few apprentices in our ranks who are in need of mentor reassignments. Baypaw [ Puddle~ ], Foxpaw [ ~Fox~ ], Frostpaw [ TheShadowAnimal ], Minnowpaw [ The milk boy ], and Palepaw [ Rainquail ] - through whatever circumstances, you've been left without a mentor to teach you. Please step forward."

Astraea
November 12th, 2020, 09:31 AM
Sootstar

The gray and white leader offered Lionstorm a friendly smile before the tom hopped down from the Streamstone. It was just him now. Glancing back at the crowd in front of him, Sootstar was painfully aware of what pig pawsteps he had to fill. He would do everything he could, of course, but Lionstorm had no idea how much he was needed up on that stone.

Letting out a deep sigh, Sootstar continued, "Before I dismiss you all, we have a few apprentices in our ranks who are in need of mentor reassignments. Baypaw [ Puddle~ ], Foxpaw [ ~Fox~ ], Frostpaw [ TheShadowAnimal ], Minnowpaw [ The milk boy ], and Palepaw [ Rainquail ] - through whatever circumstances, you've been left without a mentor to teach you. Please step forward."

~Foxpaw stepped forward , tail between her legs , she was scared of lion-storm and it would forever be that way, but now it was soot-star and she really wanted to impress him , so she stood with confidence , when she arrived to the front.~

Abyssopelagic
November 12th, 2020, 09:37 AM
What happened to Dogflame?
Palepaw's ears drooped a bit. She liked him...
She would miss him.
She stepped foward, eyes downcast.
She wasn't sure how she'd take this reassignment.

The Room Service Guy
November 12th, 2020, 10:12 AM
Minnowpaw happily stepped forward. He was enthusiastic to get a new mentor.At the same time he was sad.Why didn't his previous mentor show up at all?Did his former mentor forget about him?Minnowpaw was sad to see Lionsta-storm go,but he new that Sootstar would be an excellent leader.

Puddle~
November 12th, 2020, 10:39 AM
Huh? Oh, so Hollowbreeze had disappeared? Baypaw felt like they should be slightly upset, then again, Hollowbreeze hadn’t ever done much with them anyways. Maybe they’d get a more involved mentor this time. With high hopes, they stepped forward to receive the reassignment.

BEAR.
November 12th, 2020, 01:09 PM
It was a little unfortunate that Palepaw didn't seem to know why Dogflame wasn't here, but maybe that was for the best.

Still, while they waited for Frostpaw to step up, Lionstorm leaned forward to bap at Palepaw's tail. "Chin up," he mumbled. "Dogflame may no longer be with us, but I'm sure your new mentor will be great." And if not, he was here. Because he liked the not-Half tribute baby when she wasn't a tribute.

[ Rainquail ]

sootsplashed
November 12th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Okay, that was.... really confusing. Lionstar had said Sootflare and him were mates, sootflare was like ‘no we’re not’ and then said Lion was stepping down?

So now they had a Sootstar. Sootspring smiled as she remembered when she thought that was going to be her name some day, back then when she was a kit. But now it was Sooflare’s! It was funny in the weirdest way. “Sootstar! Sootstar! Sootstar!” she chanted, tipping her head to the sky.

Then, mentor reassignments. There was always stuff like that, but Sootspring’s heart skipped a beat. Please let me get one, StarClan. she pleaded silently, hoping for an apprentice of her own.

Abyssopelagic
November 12th, 2020, 02:36 PM
Palepaw looked up at Lionstorm, opening her mouth to ask a question, but as something clicked in her mind, she snapped her mouth shut.
Then, she started again.
"So Dogflame is dead?"
The realization made a heavy weight feel like it was placed in her stomach, making her feel nauseous.
She clamped her jaws shut, not wanting to throw up in front of the clan, or on Lionstorm.

BILL.

Inconsistency
November 12th, 2020, 02:37 PM
Stepping up she sighed she had liked her mentor but she was sure they would make the right choice for her.

shaae_26
November 12th, 2020, 07:09 PM
Sootstar

(Pig, xD)