Last post by Rani
Today 05:00 AM
Warrior Code 101 [P]
Last post by Daragca
Today 04:54 AM
Closed Thread

Old May 18th, 2024, 01:02 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: do not bump - on hiatus
My Mood: Distracted

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Fadingsun was out of his den in a flash at Redmire’s call. He turned a furious gaze on her at her words. “Shut the hell up,” he hissed. “I’ve never ‘hid in my den’ from any threat, so you can take that dung and shove it up your ass. One more quip like that from you, and I’ve got half a mind to demote you. Don’t come in here and accuse me of cowardice before you’ve even given me a chance to respond.”

To the rest of the cats who had been called, he snarled, “I want everyone keeping their heads on straight here. No unnecessary heroics or stupid decisions. We can’t afford unneeded death right now.”

( @dino. - Since he’s speaking to Red directly. )
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.

Last edited by occultation; May 18th, 2024 at 01:29 PM.
Old May 18th, 2024, 01:15 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Bored

venomblight
she/her // 23 moons // rc warrior
purrks: n/a

---

"Reporting in."

The large molly was nearby to hear the call of her name. And to hear the last bit about the Riverclan leader hiding away like a coward in his den. It makes her snort to herself as she makes her way over to sit amongst the growing crowd. And then here he comes, all riled up, snapping at Redmire as if that would shut her up. Must be awfully bothered to be making threats like that, she thinks to herself. Though none of the amusement is shown on her face. Outside she's stone cold, marred features blank and unfeeling.

Badgers, huh? Never fought a badger before. First time for everything. She idly wonders why she and not her sister were called for such a patrol, seeing as she were the more quiet of the two, but she supposes she's the muscle of the pair. Makes sense the more she thinks about it. Seated beside Springburst, she raises a brow at her question, tail moving to curl over her front paws.

"You can have the meat but I want the pelt. I'll line my nest with it." Though she wasn't emoting much at all, she was obviously joking around with the other warrior, a hint of smirk appearing on her own maw the only indicator.

redmire/reporting in // @dino. | springburst | @Eden

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Rose stopped by to plant a garden here.
Old May 18th, 2024, 02:42 PM
Who? me? Nah

Bump Policy: 2 Days

Springburst
She/Her ▵ Beefed up [tier 2](active), Lyrebird's Lullaby(active), Shadow fiend
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

Oh look who came out of his den with a stick up their ass, the leader himself, and already was he angry. Springburst wondered when there'd be a time the tom wasn't angry right off the bat, especially when it wasn't necessary. "If you want others to not talk to you like that, perhaps not threatening them back is a good idea y'know? aggression leads to more aggression" she gave a blank look to the tom. She wasn't amused with the leader lately to her it looked like the tom was trying to make everyone in the clan his number one enemy. "Think most of the cats going have a good head on their shoulders to not do any stupid stunts but, what do I know" she shrugged. Plus they're going to be fighting something bigger than them, obviously, some were bound to get hurt or maybe die, who knows.

Her lone green eye blinked over to give her attention to Venomblight and her comment. "I guess I can spare the pelt, it would make a nice nest, but hey there's three maybe we can kill another and take their pelt too!" they had three chances to make something outta these things, man she was excited.

@silver. @occultation
header art by night/nyx
══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw

Old May 18th, 2024, 03:52 PM
fresh outta mercy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Seven had made their way over, including RiverClan's resident hardheaded asshole. Redmire glared at him, taking note of Springburst's words.

“Except you just came out of your den, didn't you?” she sneered. “Demote me for calling you out if you want, but at least save it for after this is over and for when I'm not actually in the wrong. Your sister's out there actually keeping an eye on things while all you've done is mope around here and drop good territory that's been given back to us without even going out to check yourself if things look clear, so yeah, until you prove me wrong and do things yourself, I will keep calling you out for hiding behind the rest of us." She hadn't forgotten how he said he'd wanted to run from the others once they came for them. Three on one be damned, this was RiverClan's land and she would fight for it like it was.

With a low growl, she straightened up to survey the camp for the remaining warriors she'd called. "If these snails don't show in the next five minutes, we're leaving without them."

[ @Eden for spring mention @occultation ]
Old May 18th, 2024, 03:59 PM
I'm so lost ;v;

Gender: ✭|she/her; but I don't mind being called by any pronouns :'3|✭
Bump Policy: ✎✭|{After 24 hours, and 48 hours on weekdays}|✭✎
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 9 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw curled her tail around her paws, realizing she'd just dropped a whole load of information on this kit — some he probably wasn't looking for. "W-Well... StarClan is way beyond what most of us can understand. There are very, very rare and special times when cats are brought back to life — it doesn't just happen," she tried to explain. It wasn't like they just... chose at random, from what she knew. But how to make this kit understand something she hardly understood herself?

"But who they are... well, they're the Clans' ancestors. Every Clan cat who served their Clan well and was generally honorable goes there. Every star in the sky represents a member of StarClan — and one day, each of us gets added to Silverpelt!" She was reciting the words with a smile that Stagheart had told her when she first asked about the 'star cats'. She couldn't say 'our' ancestors, however, due to her non-Clanborn nature — but that wasn't something she needed to get into right now.

"Sometimes StarClan can use powers beyond us, like talking to others in dreams or giving visions. And... they don't have any borders, like us and the other Clans. At least, not that I'm aware of..." Did they think they were better than RiverClan? Berrypaw had no sure idea — it seemed that some warriors believed they did, while others couldn't care any less about StarClan. Attempting to answer his question, she meowed, "I'd like to think they think of us as equals, just... healed and moved on from any sickness and rivalries, y'know? So while they're not necessarily 'better'... they're just in a better place. A lush forest in greenleaf with endless fields for running, and good hunting..." It sounded nicer than ever to have no borders, no blood and disease, plentiful prey and warmth in StarClan... Something to look forward to, she supposed. She just hoped it was as true as the whispers said.

Aspenkit
he/him |4 moons | RC | Reckless, naturally energetic | a little fighter and future nuisance
__________________________________________________ __

Aspenkit sat quietly listening intently to what berrypaw said. He gazed up at the sky when she mentioned silverpelt and searched it for the possible 'ancestors' she spoke of. Not like any of his ancestors were up there. He wasn't clanborn like everyone else...buuut He was now! So he would go to starclan when he died, right? The question of death never bothered him before, he never really cared to think about it. His main thoughts always revolved around becoming the best riverclan warrior to ever live but now that seemed minor compared to the coming storm. Would he even get to step foot in the apprentice den, be named aspenpaw? Hell he still hadn't learnt to swim yet!

"if starclan is really so powerful as you say. Why aren't they coming to help us?" he asked frowning as he looked at his paws. How could the clans ancestors just sit and watch the rest of the clans decide to drive them out. They lived here, they were riverclan once. What, did it not matter to them anymore because they were dead? "I don't want to leave. I think Fadingsun should make us stay and fight, running is for cowards and this is our rightful home! Shouldn't atleast fight and try to defend it?" He couldn't understand why everyone seemed ok with leaving their territory, did none of them care to fight? Hey he was a kit, not even an apprentice yet, but he would die fighting for his clan even if he knew he would lose! Why did no one else seem willing to do so either?

He let out a frustrated sigh, why were things so difficult. He wished he could do more to help instead of being one of the 'kits who needed protection' when the clans came for them. He wished he could be an apprentice already! atleast then he would be allowed to help. "do you really think that if we stayed we would- die?" he asked skeptically. Berrypaw was a medicine cat now, or atleast an apprentice of one. Surely she would no all the answers.
═════════════ ⋆★⋆ ═════════════

Last edited by burntToast; May 18th, 2024 at 04:00 PM.
Old May 18th, 2024, 05:59 PM
Jet planes can’t keep up

Bump Policy: 20 seconds
My Mood: Happy

Duskleaf heard some cat shouting outside in the clearing, it was a command to get out of bed? Well, not as if he could complain, obviously this was for a reason, so he made his way out of the warriors den and into the clearing. A badger? At Cattail Pond? Well, whichever unlucky cats had to deal with that would have their work cut out for them, Duskleaf knew that badgers could be…difficult. Then he heard his name being called as part of the group being sent to deal with this badger. "Luck was not on my side this morning." He murmured to himself before getting closer to the group. Just in time to see Redmire randomly shouting at Fadingsun, and the leader getting pretty angry at her disrespect.

"Right, I’m here now." He declared as he got closer to the group, then he sat down to wait for the rest of the group to arrive. Duskleaf hadn’t counted how many cats had been called, but surely there were still more to come.
@dino.

Art by @/Willowfern!
Old May 18th, 2024, 07:49 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntToast View Post

Aspenkit
he/him |4 moons | RC | Reckless, naturally energetic | a little fighter and future nuisance
__________________________________________________ __

Aspenkit sat quietly listening intently to what berrypaw said. He gazed up at the sky when she mentioned silverpelt and searched it for the possible 'ancestors' she spoke of. Not like any of his ancestors were up there. He wasn't clanborn like everyone else...buuut He was now! So he would go to starclan when he died, right? The question of death never bothered him before, he never really cared to think about it. His main thoughts always revolved around becoming the best riverclan warrior to ever live but now that seemed minor compared to the coming storm. Would he even get to step foot in the apprentice den, be named aspenpaw? Hell he still hadn't learnt to swim yet!

"if starclan is really so powerful as you say. Why aren't they coming to help us?" he asked frowning as he looked at his paws. How could the clans ancestors just sit and watch the rest of the clans decide to drive them out. They lived here, they were riverclan once. What, did it not matter to them anymore because they were dead? "I don't want to leave. I think Fadingsun should make us stay and fight, running is for cowards and this is our rightful home! Shouldn't atleast fight and try to defend it?" He couldn't understand why everyone seemed ok with leaving their territory, did none of them care to fight? Hey he was a kit, not even an apprentice yet, but he would die fighting for his clan even if he knew he would lose! Why did no one else seem willing to do so either?

He let out a frustrated sigh, why were things so difficult. He wished he could do more to help instead of being one of the 'kits who needed protection' when the clans came for them. He wished he could be an apprentice already! atleast then he would be allowed to help. "do you really think that if we stayed we would- die?" he asked skeptically. Berrypaw was a medicine cat now, or atleast an apprentice of one. Surely she would no all the answers.

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

Berrypaw let out a long sigh, Aspenkit's words hitting her. That was the exact same thing she'd asked herself — why would StarClan allow all this? She'd come to some unsatisfying conclusions herself, just hoping they'd be enough to console her brain as she tried to make sense of all this.

"Well... I think even StarClan's powers are limited," she began slowly. "They can't control cats nor their destinies... only reveal and guide them. Sometimes, meddle with them. I... don't know too much," she admitted, not wanting to go too far into explaining how she'd never been to the Starcave. Apparently, that was somewhere where cats could convene with StarClan, and medicine cats were supposed to go at some point. It was looking like... she might not get that chance now. Maybe ever. The somber thought made her chest tighten.

"But what I do know... is that sometimes, bad things just happen. And they don't always happen to cats who seem to deserve it, nor do good things always happen to good cats. I... think it's just how the world works... it's not fair, in the way we want it. Sometimes it can be, but most of the time... it's not."

She was young, so what did she know? Her actual knowledge of concepts like these was a bit beyond her moons. But Berrypaw had always been a bit more 'mature' for her age. She felt like she could understand the heart of those words despite her limited experience... at least, in her mind.

When Aspenkit talked about leaving, Berrypaw offered a sad smile. "I don't want to leave either... none of us do. Not even Fadingsun, even though he said it," she reasoned, gently brushing Aspenkit's flank with her tail in comfort. "But... he thinks it's the best way we'll survive. Normally, yes, Clans will fight to protect their territory. That's what we're supposed to do! But when it's all three Clans against one..." Her smile fell into a frown, eyes glistening at the premise. "Well... I don't think we'd stand a chance, Aspenkit. Even as strong as we are... there will be too many."

There wasn't a better way to put it. Being terribly outnumbered? Not to mention the other Clans' drive for vengeance against RiverClan? The fish-brained actions of a few being catalysts for an all-out war. She had no doubt they'd come for bloodshed, to destroy all RiverClan held dear. The thoughts made her shiver.

When Aspenkit asked her directly, Berrypaw blinked a few times, choosing her words carefully. "Well... I don't know. No one knows, really," she meowed quietly, "but... I'd say the odds aren't with us. There are three Clans' worth of angry, bitter cats looking for revenge... against just one Clan. I think we should be safe over sorry and do what we can... even if that means we have to leave our home. We'll still be together, just... differently."

She didn't want to leave her home either. But staying there at the mercy of the vengeful WindClan's claws, backed up by both ThunderClan and ShadowClan? Her paw pads prickled with anxiety once more and she shuffled them, trying to urge the feeling away.

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!
Request Healing | (Temporary/Exile) Healing Den

Old May 18th, 2024, 08:18 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
It was a straight shot from Cattail Pond back to camp. It didn't seem like anyone was after them yet, so hopefully with as big a patrol as this, these badgers would be easier to deal with.

"All of you get your tails out of bed and listen up!" Redmire was NOT quiet as she skidded to a halt just inside the camp's walls. "That badger that was at Cattail Pond? It multiplied and it's making its way further into our territory. If I call your name, that means you're heading out with me to meet Dusklion and Jayfrost so we can handle these things. Don't make me tell you twice!

"Seabreeze, Duskleaf, Deerspark, Antlerbranch, Starlingflight, Venomblight, Pebblesplash, Rosehawk, Eveningthaw, Stagheart, Irisfrost, Springburst, get over here! You too, Fadingsun!"
Redmire pivoted in place, hoping to lock eyes with the leader, wherever he happened to be in the clearing. "You don't get to hide in your den while the rest of us deal with your mess. Move your slug legs now or I'll haul you over there myself and leave you for badger bait! Let's go!"

She turned again, this time seeking the healers. "Mistyshard, Berrypaw! Get some healing stuff ready. You're going to want to be prepped for this. The rest of you, move it!"

--- --- ---

[ If your character has been pinged (excluding the meds), that means you've been called for a battle patrol! Redmire will be taking this patrol back to Cattail Pond. If no reply has been posted by May 20, your character will be considered lagging behind if they're later posted at Cattail Pond or absent if not posted at all. Doing so may render them susceptible to punishment at a High Rank's discretion. Redmire will move back to Cattail Pond when the group has gathered or the aforementioned date comes up, whichever is first.

@occultation @Dolomedes @Seamrog @Marigoldwhisper @Bean @Tiabirb @silver. @Dakotaa @redshiftreign @paris @squidz @kittycatburmise @Eden - battle patrol

@/squidz @starry - meds ]

— STAGHEART —

very large & muscular light brown tabby tom with stark greenish-blue eyes and a torn ear; beefed up tier 1

[ riverclan warrior | tomcat | 50 moons | gruff & battle-hardened, yet thoughtful; loyal to a fault ]

Stagheart had been chewing thoughtfully on a mouse when Redmire burst in, screaming at the top of her lungs. He nearly jumped out of his fur because the she-cat had exploded right next to him. "Would ya quit hollerin', I'm right here!" He snorted grumpily, rising to his paws. It wasn't a personal complaint, more like him speaking for his sensitive ears that now throbbed from her yowl.

But then she started to explain the badger situation... Stagheart's annoyed face hardened, understanding the situation. Badgers in their territory, plus Dusklion and Jayfrost in trouble?

"Stars... one thing after another," he huffed, shaking his head as he padded up to the messenger. "I'm with ya, Redmire," he assured, his previous grumpiness now replaced with stone-cold determination.

[ @/dino. - stag has arrived! ]

| BERRYPAW |

Berrypaw's ears perked up at Redmire's yowl — what could be happening now!? The jumpy she-cat had immediately sprang to her paws, fur fluffed out in panic. Were they being invaded? Was this the war finally catching up to them?

But... no, it was a badger attack at Cattail Pond. She relaxed slightly, though the wild look in her eye didn't quite go away. Badgers! She'd never seen the big brutes, but heard plenty about them from Stagheart. They were terrifying, from what she had mustered together.

She swung her head to Mistyshard. "W...What kinda herbs do we bring for badger attacks?" Obviously she knew the basics — cobwebs and moss for bleeding, right? Would that be all they needed? She started to reach for them as she waited her mentor's words.

[ @starry @/dino. - berry is here!]

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!
Request Healing | (Temporary/Exile) Healing Den

Last edited by squidz; May 18th, 2024 at 08:18 PM.
Old May 19th, 2024, 02:10 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 18 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze was on his paws as soon as Redmire came rushing into the camp, already on edge from everything that has been happening and doesn't seem like will be stopping, whatever this was it wasn't going to be good. Oh tha badgers, right, the ones that Bumblestar mentioned, they were already clearing those out? Wait why would they wait? They could move closer to the camp. Why was he being so scattered brain? He felt so disconnected from everything since the gathering and since the meeting and honestly since he lost his sister. It felt like that, like he lost her all over again but this time it was his entire clan. They couldn't get along and soon enough the other clans would come along and finish the job, though honestly they probably won't need to as the clan would eventually tear itself apart anyways for them. They were more a toy than a clan to others at this point... Seabreeze's depressing thoughts were confirmed as fighting broke out between Fadingsun and Redmire. Stars...

Three badgers and they were all sending snide remarks and throwing threats and Seabreeze was tired. He hasn't felt this tired since Cloverpaw, he was accepting something that hasn't even happened yet. He was grieving for a clan that has yet to be lost, he knew that. He knew that was pointless but he couldn't help it. The Riverclan that he has only only heard stories about because he wasn't even alive for a time where stability was something that this clan had, and it seemed so out of reach and it seemed so lost that it was simply that. A story. And sitting here listening to fighting while they should be working on running to be backup for a set of 3 badgers in their territory and threatening the safety of the clan. Seabreeze took a huge breath in and said nothing to the others of the group only waiting to the side for everyone to gather before leaving. Hopefully they'll get their heads on straight and realize that they need to focus on otherwise there will be injury before they leave.
[ @dino. - Redmire ]

Rabbitpaw is Windclan's current Medicine Cat Apprentice!
[ Windclan has a SEMI-CLOSED den policy ]

My Roleplay Tracker | My Roleplay Policies | My Roleplay Finder | Windclan Healing

Last edited by Oliver; May 19th, 2024 at 02:11 PM.
Old May 19th, 2024, 03:08 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: do not bump - on hiatus
My Mood: Distracted

( @dino. )

Of course Redmire had to continue acting abrasive as all hell, speaking as if Fadingsun’s rank in this Clan meant absolutely nothing.

And he’d had it.

Time and time again, this warrior had treated his rank like dirt. He didn’t care if she respected him or not, but she did need to respect his rank. Perhaps she needed a taste of her own medicine.

“You know what, Redmire?” he snarled. “Since you’re so keen on dragging me through the dirt and claiming I don’t do dung for this Clan, let’s consider what you’ve done for this Clan over the past couple of moons. With the way you’re talking to me, I’d expect you to be quite the busy bee in this Clan. Otherwise, you’d just be a hypocrite.

“Hmm. let’s see. Were you at the last Gathering? Nope. Hiding from the other Clans, perhaps? You fought outsiders with Dusklion, but did you continue patrolling the outskirts border and keeping an eye out for any further issues after that? Nope.

“Have you hosted any events? Attended any of them? No again! Finished any training sessions with apprentices, or sparred with other warriors? No! In fact, this is the first significant thing you’ve done for this Clan since the outsider fight, and the outsider fight is the only significant thing you’ve done in this Clan until now. So, frankly, I’m very uncertain why you think you have any right, let alone authority, to talk to me about ‘hiding’ and ‘not doing enough for the Clan’ and ‘making others do my work for me’, when you’ve certainly been doing just above the minimum yourself until right now.”

His tail lashed angrily behind him. “You are a warrior, and an average one at that based on your current history in this Clan. You aren’t a Lionheart, you aren’t the deputy, and you sure aren’t the leader. So quit acting like you’re somehow above your rank and have the right to speak to me however you please. You do not need to respect me, Redmire, but I expect my rank to be respected. You will not continue speaking to me like that. That isn't a suggestion, it's an order. If you don't like it, tough. You live in a Clan, and this is how things work. Before you start whining that I'm being unfair or too tough or whatever else, I guarantee if you went and gave that attitude to any other Clan's leader, you'd get your ears boxed all the same.”

They were wasting too much time here. Out there, the badgers could’ve found Dusklion, and could be ripping her apart as they speak. They shouldn’t have even waited; Redmire should’ve called the cats she needed, backups for them if they didn’t show, and left. No, he wasn’t going to stand here and keep waiting for Redmire to get a move on while Dusklion could be dying out there.

“I’m going out there,” he growled. “If you want to continue waiting around for cats who aren’t showing, Redmire, be my guest, but I’d suggest either lighting a fire under their butts or finding replacements. You want to act high and mighty and play leader so badly, start figuring out how to get these cats moving. While you’re waiting around here, my sister and Jayfrost could be getting torn apart out there.” His voice cracked and faltered on that, causing him to shake his head.

Turning, he bounded out of camp and charged in the direction of Cattail Pond.

[ I have tal’s okay to have Fading show up to the event early; any other cats need to wait for Redmire’s direction to leave. ]
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.

Last edited by occultation; May 19th, 2024 at 04:51 PM.
Closed Thread