Last post by constellation
Today 08:33 AM

Old May 12th, 2024, 06:05 AM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: RiverClan Floodstone

Starlingflight
--------------------

She wasn't one to get easily riled, but Fadingsun's arrogance was growing on her nerves. "Don't you dare," Starlingflight curled her lip back, "What kind of leader encourages the young cats to be so sick and twisted? To take 'trophies' from their own damn Clanmates?" She spat, "A leader who will tear RiverClan apart long before he makes a single fix." Her cold eyes were blazing with fury, "Keep the apprentices out of your sick teachings. ALL of them. This?" She flicked a paw toward Fogmuzzle, "Unnecessary. This?" She gestured between Dusklion and the tongue, "Extreme. Be unhappy about it all you want, but if you want me to leave RiverClan for speaking the truth about what was witnessed here today, you need to kill me before I leave willingly. Not everyone is going to be scared into submission, and I for one, will happily take either of you with me to StarClan should you try."

"Leave the young ones out of this sickness you are spreading," Starlingflight hissed, "You are the new poison in our river, Fadingsun, as far as anyone with any level head could see. You will kill us all before you're truly satisfied. And if you don't like that assessment, get used to it. It isn't changing for a long time after today."

Her gaze whipped around to Talonpaw, "I never said anyone made you. I never did. But I did say never to simply let your darkest impulses be indulged. I don't care if you believed she deserved it, or how badly you wanted to hurt her; That line of thinking is exactly what is wrong with our current leadership. It's wrong. It does not make us stronger or united. Fear weakens us. Resentment weakens us. And it's been long proven that fear and resentment don't work."

"I don't like talking to just about anyone in this or any other Clan, but I will never stand by and let anyone in this Clan high rank or not, encourage our kits and apprentices to partake in your sadistic agenda." Her eyes narrowed, "I will speak out now, because someone needs to truly protect them from your wicked mind." Just the idea of a cat younger than Talonpaw...wanting and willing to hurt someone that way, it made her sick. It made her....

Angry. So very angry and betrayed by this cruelty shown.

Disappointed. So very let down she was, that Talonpaw was only too eager to follow these bloodthirsty cats.

She didn't care if either of them lashed out or hated her, or called for her death. But anyone with a sound mind could see how wrong this was, and Starlingflight didn't need to look around to know how the Clan was taking this extreme act.

Two wrongs never made anything right....

@Ian @occultation @taillow
Old May 12th, 2024, 04:03 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Mysterious

— STAGHEART —

very large & muscular light brown tabby tom with stark greenish-blue eyes and a torn ear; beefed up tier 1

[ riverclan warrior | tomcat | 50 moons | gruff & battle-hardened, yet thoughtful; loyal to a fault ]

Stagheart's paw pads prickled with uncertainty. Talonpaw ripping out Fogmuzzle's tongue had been enough disturbance — but now Fadingsun allowing him to take the pelt? Potentially dangerous or not, that was still a Clanmate. That struck him as odd, to put it lightly... a twisted feeling in his gut.

Then Starlingflight's words caused his muzzle to twitch, not knowing how to react except narrowing his eyes in thought. He'd always held her opinion highly — and his inherent worry of Berrypaw's innocence did make him question the orders even more. Seeing all these Clanmates speak out, willingly take exile over the cruelty shown here... were they right?

No... Fadingsun 'n Dusklion know better. They can lead the Clan well. There's gotta be a reason for all this...

Confused, the tom sat there silently, taking in the reactions and words of his bickering Clanmates. He portrayed none of his conflict on his face, only the stoicism remaining. But that didn't stop the inner turmoil making his chest a bit tight.

/ @Tiabirb - for starling notice/mention

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Last edited by squidz; May 12th, 2024 at 04:03 PM.
Old May 12th, 2024, 04:09 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Mysterious

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 8 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw's eyes softened and she felt sorrow in her heart — not even just for the poor warrior who'd been mutilated, but this innocent kit who had clearly seen much more than she should've. She herself was on the verge of wailing — had she not felt the mature urge to care for this kit over herself.

"Juni...?"
Berrypaw asked gently. That's all the kit had gotten out. "...It'll be okay, Juni. It's safe in the nursery — let's get you there, okay?"

As she led the kit inside, Berrypaw's chest felt tight with anxiety. Was this the direction the Clan was heading? She glanced back, trying to find Mistyshard and Stagheart's face among the crowd of horrified cats — but all of them were a blur as tears wetted her eyes. Shuddering, Berrypaw turned away from the metallic-scented air and prayed for something good to come out of this.

/ @poppy - juni is so cute omg. if you want her to continue to interact with berrypaw u can mention me in the nursery <3

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Old May 12th, 2024, 04:25 PM
He who dares, wins!

Bump Policy: 20 seconds
My Mood: Happy

Duskleaf couldn’t stop staring at the horrific scene in front of him, he didn’t want to look, but shock forced him to. Especially Fadingsun's most recent remark, the idea of taking a 'trophy' from another cat, even more so a clanmate completely disgusted him. The way he viewed Fadingsun had changed, and he was quite nervous to go and speak to the RiverClan leader in his den, but he knew this couldn’t wait. Of course there was probably going to be a queue of cats who wanted to comment on this spectacle, but this was too important. Duskleaf was starting to get worried, he hadn’t seen his father for days, and now he had to tell Fadingsun about it. For all he knew, Reedclaw could be injured, or worse…

Duskleaf (RiverClan)

Snakefang (ThunderClan)

Uranium (Kittypet)
Old May 12th, 2024, 07:02 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

Tulippaw
?/100 || RiverClan || 9 moons || she/her

Tulippaw watched as Fadingsun left. She bit her lip to stop it from quivering. She shouldn't feel hurt about Berryflare. It's not like they really even got close. But the feeling of being abandoned again stung, badly.

The calico turned away. This was just fine. She'd be okay on her own. Just like always. She'd learn to adapt and survive, even if it meant having to spend what would presumably be a moon mentor less. She'd just get other cats to teach her instead. The Lionhearts and whoever else was giving training. She'd get trained and she'd become a great warrior, mentor or no mentor.

Tulippaw couldn't stand to be in this camp any longer, around these cats she barely knew. So she briskly left the camp.

. . .

Old May 12th, 2024, 10:48 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 28 moons
Yeah... no. Adrenaline wearing off from neutralizing Fogmuzzle, Dusklion was starting to feel tired. Maybe tired wasn't the right word. But between this, and the sleepless nights, and the churning feeling that made her sick when she mulled over her brother's words were all colliding together in a perfect storm. Doedapple's yowling did nothing but cause her to flatten her ears. Mudsmoke's comment was nearly lost as the deputy let of a soft (read: defeated) snarl. She was done trying to explain to these cats that the dead warrior below had basically stated she would have no problem killing an apprentice. She was tired of trying to defend her actions taken to keep this Clan safe.

Swinging a tired look in the direction of the tom, exhaustion like a thick fog over her blue eyes, she couldn't help the way her voice fell flat. "I will not," she started, her voice a bit raspy, "apologize for killin' a cat... who threatened death... to a nine moon old... apprentice." Done. She was done. That was the last time she was going to be pointing out that Fogmuzzle hadn't just been foolish and arrogant. She had been a danger.

More screaming and yelling but it was her brother's voice that snapped to attention. Whatever Starlingflight was trying to say after was lost on her as Dusk's blue eyes widened. Pelt. Taking her pelt?? "No." It was automatic as she stepped over Fogmuzzle's body. The exhaustion she felt weighed heavily on her, but she narrowed her eyes at her brother. It made her sick, a visceral reaction in the way her legs shook and a pleading look came to her eyes. "I killed her, that's enough for her actions. No one... we're not... we just need to bury her, brother." Begging. She was begging him now.

Swirls. Cobs. Wings. Three faces circled in her head. She shook her head and stepped back, uncovering the body from her. She wasn't going to let her brother touch this body. Demote her, strip her of her rank. Fogmuzzle's death was deserved but they were not rogues. A low growl started in her chest before it petered out. "I never encouraged Talonp... to do anythin' other than..." It was useless. She had to get out of here. Do something other than stand there as her breathing quickened. The disappointment, the disgust, the bewilderment... it was making her head hurt.

Out of the corner of her eye she spotted Tulippaw heading out of camp, and what little sense of newly appointed duty she had left in her rose in her chest. "Starlin'flight... or Mudsmoke... one of you go fetch Tulippaw." It wasn't an order but a question as the deputy grabbed Fogmuzzle's scruff, lifting her head to stare at her brother. There was a challenge there, as if daring him to stop her. She was disappointed, betrayed... he had been known to kill yes, but this? Taking a pelt?

Without another word the deputy gave a grunt as the weight of her Clanmate landed on her back, heading out of camp and towards the outskirts.

[ Mudsmoke - @burntToast ] [ Starlingflight - @Tiabirb ] [ Fadingsun - @occultation ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old May 13th, 2024, 01:54 AM

Bump Policy: After a week!
My Mood: Busy

Doedapple

Ignoring the rest of the hostile voices, she left the camp.

@paris can you link me Cascadepaw's thread/post?))

Last edited by Blazing; May 13th, 2024 at 02:01 AM.
Old May 13th, 2024, 06:39 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Angelic

RiverClan Re: RiverClan Floodstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing View Post
Doedapple

Ignoring the rest of the hostile voices, she left the camp.

@paris can you link me Cascadepaw's thread/post?))

RiverClan Self-Exiles

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder
Scratch HR Positions:
Robinstar [ ThC Lead] - Anachronismpounce [ ShC Dep ] - Roaringstar [ SkC Lead ] - Pareidoliastar [ WC Lead ]

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird's Lullaby
Alderblossom: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Fireflyflicker: The Collector, Mind Reader, Agatha Kitty
Old May 14th, 2024, 09:12 PM

Bump Policy: After a week!
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
Ah, looked like Rainingkit was finally being apprenticed. Mistyshard noticed the kit was way too old for this... but as much as she hated to admit it, that was probably Birdsnow's fault. She nodded to Pigeonpelt. While they'd only been on one patrol before, at least the molly had not slacked, so she had a right to say that. "I agree. I sure hope some of the soon-to-be warriors turn out as capable," she mewed, a curious edge to her tone. There was at least one of them she was sure would turn out great; Berrypaw. Glad that Rainingpaw had now been announced an apprentice, she decided to chant the shecat's name. "Rainingpaw! Rainingpaw!" she called, letting a small smile turn the corners of her mouth upwards.

Maybe deep down, she was only pretending to be happy. But genuinely she was proud of the young feline for finally having received her 'paw name after so many moons.. and after all, she was the medicine cat now, so she needed to seem warm and welcoming. Next were reassignments. Mistyshard was glad to hear that Stagheart had received an apprentice; he was a responsible warrior and would surely do a good job with the training.

Once the mentors and apprentices had touched noses, Fadingsun seemed to have another change to announce. Ah, the "warrior ready at 16 moons" part of training was being dropped. In her opinion that was a reasonable, good change, because she herself had only been able to complete her training by her 35th moon due to many difficulties. Although it certainly wasn't nice to complete her training so late, it's not like she had chosen to be kidnapped, injured and dead half the time. The next notice made an unsettling feeling creep over her. Tensions with the other clans.. that wouldn't end good. "I feel like something's going to happen soon," she muttered under her breath.

[ @Blazing - Pigeonpelt ]
[This post is a mess sorry ]

Pigeonpelt

Molly - RiverClan - Warrior

Pigeonpelt's smile grew warmer as Mistyshard chanted Rainingpaw's name. She then chanted alongside, too, until what Mistyshard said. Something's wrong? The molly glanced around at the camp. Everything did seemed normal at first, until...

Her eyes widened at Fogmuzzle's statement and the following events following up so quickly. It seemed as if it was a blur- The threatening of the warrior, then there was Dusklion.... oh, killing them. Talonpaw and Wrenpaw. Was that murder? Pigeonpelt was shook, definitely shocked at what she saw. "Hey..." Stammering, she nudged herself away from the bloodshed, and closer to Mistyshard.

Pigeonpelt winced especially when their tongue was taken off. Though she could stand bloodshed and gore, this is getting a bit out of hand. Afterwards, it's happening in camp, and it shouldn't be. An honourable warrior do not kill. That was the warrior code, right? Though at some point it must be reasonable of what it should be done, Pigeonpelt still felt uncertain. "What-?" She shuffled a bit uncomfortably.

"This isn't good, the blood. It could scare the kits when they come out.."

(HELP SORRY THIS IS SO LATE AKJSDFKSDJFL)
(I'm already forgetting what happened during the meeting )

Last edited by Blazing; May 14th, 2024 at 09:13 PM.
Old May 14th, 2024, 11:28 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Perhaps one of these goddamn days he could actually go for more than a quarter moon without having to host a meeting.

He'd done a lot of thinking on the way home about how to handle Dusklion. His initial reaction, one born purely out of anger and disappointment, had been to demote her. But, frankly, RiverClan's high ranks didn't need the instability of losing their deputy two seconds after she took the position. They desperately needed their high ranks to stick around.

On top of that, at this point he was convinced that not a single cat in this Clan had any moral high ground to stand on. They were all guilty. If not directly guilty of messing with the other Clans, they were guilty of failing to hold one another accountable. They all deserved to be punished, and he was certain they soon would be.

Leaping atop the Floodstone, he yowled, "Let all cats old enough to fish gather here for a Clan meeting."

( @Dust @Dark @dino. @appariitiion @Jade @beau @Madelaine @furrensic @Dirtfur @Silverware @The Kitty. @Abyssopelagic @stag @Astraea @Peril @Sklee @JackHunt_17 @iliri @LostInTheOrchids @Frozen Reign @interloper2 @WinterMara @poppy @Fritter @Wintersun @starry @Tiabirb @elswhere @Beetlenose @Swiftheart <3 @nyx @Galaxy_ @Ian @Apollo. @taillow @Bean @Tecumori @Zei @SpiritWolf_yt @sol. @MockingRabbit @Rose @glitch @occultation @Kaybug. @Caspian @Streamtail @Red Dawn @Fernwillow @Starii @Dakotaa @lem~ @wendigo @hermeswind @Spookez. @SeonghwasBunnyEars @Ymir @FruitBatz @redshiftreign @Frosted pelt @Cinnamon~ @Eden @Morrigan @Cornbread1233 @Snowyfeathr @Minkuu @Katiethewolfchild @roo! @Spider-in-the-corner @tulin @Carrot @DarkGold @SunsetWhisker @Ladiebugg @ChaosBringer. @Aolani @silver. @Neptune. @Wyv3rn @Saki @RavensCall @Sleek @Theodore_510 @braveleopard. @paris @leopardheart00 @Moonlit @LunaStar22 @Fish @Hestia! @CapriSunx @Mica @hawkboi @_*LAutnhaesntaar*_ @spoon_ @Blueberry^^^Galaxy @19796 @Pumpkin Latte @Kuwu @endlesshax @Samantha @Desert Rain Frog @sillycreatur @Firestar512 @tinypaws @.Sunshine. @indiebee @Moon Shark @Kieran. @lys.luvbot @lesbianism @Naila @chickadee @arrow. @Marigoldwhisper @Luminous @Mizu @Myling @f0rg0tt3n_v0id @zBlaze @Beanz @Epiales @alec @IntrovertIRL @Never @Bluue @Butternose @ellie @kittycatburmise @JellyMoons @squidz @Lillexcore @ashstar1 @Yoshdo @RoboPrism @Dolomedes @Tallstar @Littlesun0112 @Fits @zozelen @Moondapple @bramblemask @Blazing @JuniperSeed @20874 @XxIndigoxX @DaffodilFlight @Seamrog @IDIOTICBEAN101 @PoisonOrchid @lark. @Wavesong @burntToast @Forgetfulshape @Lucythecat )

Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.