Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Roleplaying (OOC) > Roleplaying Information

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Lucythecat
Today 09:30 AM
WindClan Apprentices' Den
by Ian
Last post by Kaybug.
Today 09:12 AM
RiverClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 09:11 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 08:58 AM
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by blxze.
Today 08:48 AM

Old November 14th, 2020, 02:36 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Hopeful

RiverClan RiverClan Resources

Glad to see you've swam your way over to RiverClan!

Here, you can do the following:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Outsider Joining

OUTSIDER JOINING IS CURRENTLY OPEN TO THOSE WITH A HIGH RANK-APPROVED PLOT. JOINING FROM OTHER CLANS IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
  • All outsiders are required to speak with a high rank or a Lionheart prior to being accepted into the Clan. Depending on how the interaction goes, their request to join with either be approved or denied. Those approved will start out at the rank that Fadingsun deems best for their knowledge level.

• Outsiders allowed to join are required to take on a Clan name. If Fadingsun is handling the joining, he will assign a name himself. If a joining is handled by a cat other than Fadingsun, the outsider is required to stop in the leader's den to receive a new Clan name. Names that resemble disabilities or speak ill of cats will not be allowed, nor will non-naturalistic/satirical names.

• If the event an outsider is actively pregnant or with an expecting mate, Fadingsun will not force them to start as apprentices. Instead, they will be allowed to join as a warrior or queen but are still expected to complete one training instance each for battle, water hunting, and swimming. Failure to do so after eight moons may result in them being stripped of their Clan status.

• If your character is an apprentice or warrior from another Clan, Fadingsun will assess them to determine exactly what they know and what skills are still needed. All cats joining RiverClan will be required to undergo swimming lessons to prevent instances of drowning.

• All outsiders will be required to go through one lesson each of battle training, water hunting, and swimming. Failure to complete these lessons within six moons will result in Fadingsun re-considering their place in the Clan.

To submit a joining request, please fill out the form below. Please wait for high rank approval before posting with your outsider in the joining thread. Thank you!

Outsider Joining Request
Name:
Is your character a kit or an expecting queen?: Yes/No
Reason for Joining:
Brief description of the plot:
Rank Request:
New Name Request (optional):
Mention Me: ( @occultation @starry )

Rank Requirements

These only apply to RiverClan's promotions and do not necessarily reflect the other Clans'.

It is recommended you do not skip these requirements without consulting the Clan leader, as your character may be punished.

Kit to Apprentice | Apprentice to Warrior | Warrior to Lionheart | Warrior to Queen | Warrior to Elder | Others to Elder

Kit to Apprentice
  • Kits must have existed for one month real time to qualify for a ceremony.

• You should have at least ten roleplay posts made with that kit.

• Optionally, kits may participate in lessons. These lessons will not count towards apprentice training. A full rundown on the Curriculums and how they function within RiverClan can be found here. Please visit the linked thread to find teachers and kits requesting a class.

• The character should not have recently been punished by a high rank, or have been caught in roleplay doing something that violates the Roleplay Guidelines (that is punishable by a high rank).

Apprentice to Warrior
  • Apprentices need to have existed for at least two IRL months and be minimally ten moons or older to qualify for their warrior ceremony.

• You will need at least one hundred roleplay posts made with that apprentice.

• Apprentices need at least five instances of training experience that include the company of a warrior. The warrior does not have to be their mentor.

These experiences must include:
    • One land and water hunting lesson
    • One battle training session
    • One swimming lesson (If you received a swimming lesson as a kit, it counts for this!)

For the remaining two required training instances, please pick two options from this list:
    • Night hunting
    • Tracking/stalking
    • Water combat
    • Advanced land combat
    • Tunnel navigation
    • Basic first aid (please contact starry for more information)
    • Advanced swimming

Participation in battles, Clanwide-plots, or similar events may count as training instances for your apprentice. Please contact occultation for more information on whether a specific plot or event can count for training.

When applying for a ceremony, these should be linked in your form for reference. This is to prevent characters from becoming warriors without having any actual form of training! You are responsible for organizing your own training sessions, but you may be placed on a patrol at a high rank's discretion.

• Apprentices need to actively attend at least two Clan meetings. This includes showing up to their own ceremony through roleplay and, if applicable, reacting to the ceremony accordingly. For example, if a cat becomes a warrior in the meeting, the apprentice should join in chanting the new warrior's name.

• Apprentices are required to complete a final assessment once they have met the minimum training experiences. The final assessment should consist of fishing, land hunting, battle training, and swimming testing, to ensure their skills are satisfactory. Final assessments can be overseen by any warrior, however, the mentor is preferred.

• The character should not have recently been punished by a high rank, or have been caught in roleplay doing something that violates the Roleplay Guidelines (that is punishable by a high rank.)

• Characters who have not made these qualifications by the end of their ninth IRL month of training will have their place in the Clan reassessed by Fadingsun to see if they are fit for Clan life.

Warrior to Lionheart

Lionhearts are warriors who have demonstrated above-and-beyond loyalty and dedication to RiverClan and their Clanmates. Often, they go out of their way to help solve issues and make sure the camp, territory, and surrounding areas are secure from any and all threats. They are not considered high ranks; however, they do have high rank permission to intervene in any situations that they deem as a threat to RiverClan.

The following requirements must be upheld by all Lionhearts to remain a candidate. Failure to adhere to the requirements may result in the rank being stripped away by Fadingsun:
  • All meetings must be attended and reacted to accordingly. At least two posts at meetings - one arriving and one reaction - are required.

• Participation in Lionheart meetings and offering input. Simply arriving at the meeting but offering no input is not satisfactory.

• If a Lionheart goes missing due to inactivity, they will be immediately stripped of their rank and another warrior will be selected.
    Depending on circumstances upon their return, they may have their rank reinstated.

This is an ever-changing and growing list; if you'd like to see the full list of Lionheart expectations as it presently stands, please contact occultation. If your cat is interested in becoming a Lionheart, make sure they are active and have a presence within the Clan. Should a need arise to replace a Lionheart or fill an empty slot, Fadingsun will be on the lookout for the right cats. There is no form to fill out for this rank; it is earned in-character.

Current Lionhearts:
Dusklion, Head Lionheart - Roleplayed by @taillow
Owltalon, Lionheart - Roleplayed by @Marigoldwhisper
Seabreeze, Lionheart - Roleplayed by @Dolomedes

There are currently three open slots for Lionheart. Fadingsun is satisfied with Dusklion's performance and does not see any reason to replace her, so please do not ask me or him to become Head Lionheart.

Warrior to Queen
  • Warriors who wish to be moved to the nursery will need to make an IC or OOC request before the move can be made. They will be excused from warrior duties while they are expecting, as well as after their kits are born. Once their kits become apprentices, they will be required to leave the nursery and return to warrior duties. Failure to do so will result in punishment from Fadingsun.

• Fadingsun will only allow one den parent; this cat will be excused from all warrior duties in order to focus on taking care of the kits in the nursery. Currently, this position is open.

Warrior to Elder
  • You will need at least 250 posts with the character as a warrior.

• If they are 84 moons or older, they will qualify to become an elder due to old age. Prior to being 84, they will need a valid reason to retire, such as a health condition. This condition will need to be verified by the medicine cat, and Fadingsun will listen to their advice on the matter. If the medicine cat believes that a cat is fit to remain a warrior, they will not be permitted to retire.

Anyone Else to Elder
  • Outsiders who are elderly and/or disabled may be able to join RiverClan! Fadingsun will work with them to see what they want out of Clan life and see if they can help around camp.

• Young Clan cats born or injured to the point of being unable to serve the clan will not be forced to the elders' den, or be exiled. Fadingsun will try to work with them to see if their disability is something that can be worked around. Clan cats will only be forced to retire into the elders' den if it is determined that there is no role that they are suited for considering their condition.

Request a Ceremony

Once your character meets the above requirements, you can fill out one of the respective forms below! Note you do not need any special requirements to request a name change or a mentor reassignment.

If you do not have a mentor lined up, leave that spot blank and they will be randomly assigned.

Apprentice Ceremony Request
Current Name:
Gender/Pronouns:
Mentor:
Link to completed classes:
Mention: ( @occultation )

Warrior Ceremony Request
Current Name:
Warrior Name:
Two Warrior Attributes:
Gender/Pronouns:
Links to training posts and assessment:

Elder Ceremony Request
Name:
Gender/Pronouns:
Current Rank:

Mentor Reassignment
Name:
Gender/Pronouns:
Reason for Reassignment:
New Mentor:

Name Change*
Current Name:
New Name:
Gender/Pronouns:
Reason for Name Change:
*these will need to be requested in character!

Exile
Name:
Gender/Pronouns:
Why they're being exiled:

Ceremonies will be performed during Clan meetings, and your character is expected to attend and participate when they're called up. I will wait 24 hours for a response before moving on. A lack of attendance will result in the ceremony not being done for that meeting, and your character will need to wait for the next one. If your cat misses their ceremony twice in a row, they will be confronted by Fadingsun.

This thread will be checked before ceremonies are started.

Announcements

Births and deaths aren't typically covered by ceremonies, and you can request they be announced during the upcoming Gathering.

To ensure characters who are announced are actively used, some requirements have been placed. Please read them carefully before submitting a form.

Births
  • Queens who give birth need at least ten roleplay posts with that character to qualify as a mention in the Gathering.

• To avoid inactive kits being announced, kits should have at least three posts each to be mentioned. If you have a litter of four kits and only one makes the posts, only that kit will be included. Assuming a litter has stillborns, they will have an honorable mention regardless of activity.
Deaths
  • Cats who are dying need to have at least ten roleplay posts with the character in order to be mentioned.

• All deaths need to be roleplayed out in order to be announced. This is to prevent any 'off screen' deaths that didn't actually happen. When applying below your character, please include their death post.
To apply, use this form:

Announcement Request
Name:
Queen or Deceased Cat?:
If a queen, list your kits that qualify and include a mention to the roleplayers:
If deceased, link the death roleplay post:
Additional Information?:

Allegiances Changes

To change something on the Allegiances, post your cat's name and the change you'd like along with a mention to me or another high rank.

This includes if you've adopted a character from another roleplayer or wish to request their removal from the allegiances.

Last edited by occultation; April 24th, 2024 at 06:00 PM.
Old May 8th, 2021, 06:02 PM
Fiercefire is backkkk!

Bump Policy: 5-7 days, 3 if its important
My Mood: Busy

Default Re: RiverClan Resources

Can you change the cat Bramblepaw I applied to RC to the name Firepaw?
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
| Cougarbite | Cloudheart | Forestpaw | Fiercefire! |
~~~~

Old May 8th, 2021, 06:10 PM
hehe, squishy

Bump Policy: Every two days.
My Mood: Bored

@spade

I meant to change Reedpaw's description to a very dark smoky gray tabby tom with blue eyes and white paws.

Bump me only after two days.

Old May 9th, 2021, 01:53 PM
chirps

-- updated --
Old May 10th, 2021, 02:04 PM
rararara

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Dreaming

Current Name: Chivekit
Gender/Pronouns: male, he/him
Mentor: Bumblebelly @Rxmulus

base credits go to Chuwigirls on DA!

--> | Goldenpaw [tc] | <--
-->TH profile<--
Old May 12th, 2021, 08:50 PM
chirps

—updated—
Old May 13th, 2021, 09:27 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Name: June
Is your character a kit or an expecting queen?: Kit
Reason for Joining: Because she wants to be safe, and have something to fight for. She also wants a family, cuz who doesn't
Rank Request: Kit
New Name Request (optional): Kes can choose, but something pretty ()
Mention Me: @/spade

Name: Ace
Is your character a kit or an expecting queen?: Kit
Reason for Joining: He wants his sister to be safe
Rank Request: Kit
New Name Request (optional): Idk, Kes can choose c:
(Something RiverClan-like tho)
Mention Me: @spade
Old May 13th, 2021, 04:57 PM
ON HIATUS

Kit-->Apprentice

Current Name: Softkit
Gender/Pronouns: she-cat; she/her
Mentor: N/A

@spade

I am on hiatus. I'm very sorry if you're RPing with me. Depending on what happens, I might even leave.
Again, sorry.
Old May 13th, 2021, 09:13 PM
--

My Mood: Asleep

@spade

I was wondering if you could change Mothsky to a Queen .-. thank you lol.
Old May 14th, 2021, 06:25 AM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Name: Foxblaze
Queen or Deceased Cat?: Queen
If a queen, list your kits that qualify and include a mention to the roleplayers:
If deceased, link the death roleplay post: Cloudedkit ( @Papaya ), Honeykit ( @Jackpot ), fidgetkit ( @Rxmulus )
Additional Information?: You da bomb

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.

Last edited by Exis; May 14th, 2021 at 12:12 PM.