Old May 8th, 2024, 06:23 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: RiverClan Floodstone

Marigoldleap
[ She/Her - Riverclan Warrior -
Purrks: The Collector and Go with the flow ]

Listening in on the clan meeting the molly watched as Fadingsun made his sister deputy. It didn't bother her that much Dusklion had proven herself over and over again. She deserved this, but it seemed others didn't think so. She tried to drown them out. All the cats yelling and threatening others. She did remember the outburst fron Dusklion, but she wasn't holding that against her. She knew all to well to want something so bad just to be tossed to the side. Dawnstar had made her feel that way.

Then she heard Berrypaw get named Medicine Cat apprentice. That was exciting news though Mistyshard had just gotten the position, but she felt confident enough in the medicine cat. Marigoldleap had been helping her with her herbal knowledge, so Mistyshard was pretty much set. Having an apprentice would surely be quite helpful, especially with how hard it can get when everyone starts showing up injured at once.

Marigoldleap kept her mouth shut as she watched cats go back and fourth. Part of her wanted to scream to be quiet, but she didn't this was giving her a major headache.

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do

Old May 8th, 2024, 10:03 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

And of course, it all went to hell.

Cats started bickering almost as soon as the announcement had finished. He'd been expecting it. He had a speech prepared in defense of his sister, but it seemed like that wouldn't be necessary. Before he could say anything, she stood up herself and gave a speech- and an impressive one at that.

Whatever pride he felt was squashed, however, as Fogmuzzle decided that peace was not an option at this meeting.

The fur rose up along Fadingsun's neck at her words, her threats towards her own Clanmates. So his Clan really hadn't learned, had they? Perhaps it really was time for something harsher, then.

Irritation flashed in him at both Talonpaw's accusation that he and Dusklion didn't care about Fogmuzzle's threats, and the appearance of Redmire. The latter could be handled after Fogmuzzle, however; that was the more pressing concern.

"Talonpaw," he began, his voice an icy calm. "I'd appreciate it if you didn't jump to conclusions about how this is going to be handled. You have no reason to assume that Fogmuzzle is going to be given a free pass. Your courage to protect your Clanmates is admirable, I'll give you that."

Swinging his gaze down to Fogmuzzle, his voice rose to a low, threatening snarl. "You're pathetic. A genuine waste of air and space. Threatening your Clanmates on the pretense of defending Dusklion's honor. It's because of cats like you that this Clan is in the shambles that it is. So! I guess it's time to make an example of you."

He raked his gaze across the whole Clan. "I want each and every warrior to sit right where they are and watch. Kits, get back in the nursery right now. Warriors, I don't care if it makes you squeamish. I don't care if it upsets you. I want each and every one of you to see for yourselves what happens when you push things too far. When you pose a threat to this Clan. If I catch a single cat here leaving, I'll see to it that you skin Fogmuzzle yourself and sleep with her pelt for the next moon. Dusklion, kill this sorry excuse for a warrior. I want it slow and painful."

The leader crouched down, his eyes trained on Dusklion and Fogmuzzle.

( @Dust @Dark @dino. @appariitiion @Jade @beau @Madelaine @furrensic @Dirtfur @Silverware @The Kitty. @Abyssopelagic @stag @Astraea @Peril @Sklee @JackHunt_17 @iliri @LostInTheOrchids @Frozen Reign @WinterMara @poppy @Fritter @Wintersun @starry @Tiabirb @elswhere @Beetlenose @Swiftheart <3 @nyx @Galaxy_ @Ian @Apollo. @taillow @Bean @Tecumori @Zei @SpiritWolf_yt @sol. @MockingRabbit @Rose @glitch @occultation @Kaybug. @Caspian @Streamtail @Red Dawn @Fernwillow @Starii @Dakotaa @lem~ @wendigo @hermeswind @Spookez. @SeonghwasBunnyEars @Ymir @FruitBatz @redshiftreign @Frosted pelt @Cinnamon~ @Eden @Morrigan @Cornbread1233 @Snowyfeathr @Minkuu @Katiethewolfchild @roo! @Spider-in-the-corner @tulin @Carrot @DarkGold @SunsetWhisker @Ladiebugg @ChaosBringer. @hades. @Neptune. @Wyv3rn @Saki @RavensCall @Sleek @Theodore_510 @braveleopard. @paris @leopardheart00 @Moonlit @LunaStar22 @Fish @Hestia! @CapriSunx @Mica @hawkboi @_*LAutnhaesntaar*_ @spoon_ @Blueberry^^^Galaxy @19796 @Pumpkin Latte @Kuwu @endlesshax @Samantha @Desert Rain Frog @Firestar512 @tinypaws @.Sunshine. @indiebee @Moon Shark @Kieran. @lys.luvbot @lesbianism @Naila @chickadee @arrow. @Marigoldwhisper @Mizu @Myling @f0rg0tt3n_v0id @Beanz @Epiales @alec @IntrovertIRL @Never @Bluue @Butternose @ellie @kittycatburmise @JellyMoons @squidz @Lillexcore @ashstar1 @Yoshdo @RoboPrism @Dolomedes @Littlesun0112 @Fits @zozelen @Moondapple @bramblemask @Blazing @JuniperSeed @20874 @XxIndigoxX @DaffodilFlight @Seamrog @IDIOTICBEAN101 @PoisonOrchid @lark. @Wavesong @Forgetfulshape @Lucythecat )

Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old May 8th, 2024, 10:18 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty ACTIVE!

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

She was glad that Fogmuzzzle was getting what she deserved and rightfully called out on her actions, same for Talonpaw. What she didn't expect was to have Fogmuzzzle killed. It was a surprise surely, but a welcome one. She'd only met Fogmuzzzle this once and she already wanted to kill the she-cat herself. Skinning? Owltalon swallowed the bile that rose in her throat. Okay... She could handle that to.

"Right on it, chief." Owltalon said mostly to herself in response to Fadingsun's orders. She sat back down, still planted in front of Talonpaw and Wrenpaw like a stubborn tree. She wasn't about to move, not one inch. Her amber gaze was filled with a challenging try me as she looked at Fogmuzzzle.

She looked at Seabreeze and mustered the tom a reassuring smile. He has every right to be angry, no doubt about it, but all that hatred that twisted his multicoloured face into knots made the anxious lionheart look nearly unrecognizable to Owltalon.

Her gaze then darted to Dusklion as she waited for orders. "I'm all ears, Dusk." She murmured. "All ears."

(I don't think I need to tag anybody? I dunno dudes lol)

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old May 8th, 2024, 10:24 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

CW: HR kill below, and the death of Fogmuzzle

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 28 moons
...Surely she had heard wrong. Had Fogmuzzle really insinuated that death would come from either hers or Fades claws for some cat.... speaking their opinion? A low snarl as she continued to listen to the kit. Apologize? She was demanding that Talonpaw apologize? For what? Had this fluff-brain not listened to a single word the deputy said in agreeing with Wrenpaw??

Dusklion glanced towards Talonpaw, eyes widened a bit in surprise. She knew well that enough though he wouldn't take his eyes off the threat. Good. As abrasive and brash as his approach to her had been, it was necessary. She hadn't heard amidst the yelling, and she was glad the younger cat had reminded her. Because now she could deal with it.

When Fog glanced at her all she would be met with was a cold, icy stare, a single flicker that dared her to continue.

And continue she did.

Her brother was quick to descend upon Fogmuzzle and Dusklion wasn't surprised with his words. She knew they were on the same page with this. As much as there were things that they didn't see eye to eye on - and as awkward as they could both be when it came to interactions with the youth - she knew her brother. She knew he recalled the memories of having to defend each other when they were younger, while older cats simply looked on with no effort made to help. Dusk had already intended on seeking the she-cat out and killing her if she was just exiled, to ensure she couldn't harm anymore Clanmates - anymore kids.

"Seabreeze, Owltalon - get the kits 'n younger apprentices back to their dens. Keep them there. Starlingflight, Fallenwish, help them out; I'd 'ppreciate it." She could only see this ending one way, and her gaze flashed to her brother knowing he was thinking the same thing as her. She remembered what it was like to be scared, to be helpless. To face cats that were three, four, five times her size and not have any onlookers give a dung. Dusk had vowed to never let another cat feel like that. "Talonpaw, stick beside Wrenpaw 'n Stickpaw." This situation reminded her of when she had been called to defend Cobs, and it made her blood boil.

"You know what doesn't make you a Lionheart, Fogmuzzle?" Her growl was low as she stalked forward, eyes deadly thin. "Threatnin' kids. Must not've heard you the first time, but I hear you loud 'n clear now. So let me make myself loud 'n clear." Coming up to Seabreeze, Dusklion didn't spare him a glance as she kept it locked onto the threat. "Talonpaw doesn't have anythin' to apologize for - he's defendin' his Clanmate from a threat; you. I've dealt with cats like you before, 'n now that I've got the authority to do somethin' about it, it's not happenin' any longer."

[ HR kill perms given by Staff to neutralize a Clan threat ]
Quick as a flash Dusklion lunged, sending a sheathed paw to the side of Fogmuzzle's head to send her sprawling. Without giving the warrior a chance to get up she snaked onto her back, pinning her down so that her belly was pressed to the ground and she couldn't get back up. She placed one sheathed paw on Fogmuzzle's head to keep her chin pressed to the dirt. Her gaze lifted then to the Lionhearts, hoping that by now they were rounding the kits and younger apprentices up so they wouldn't have to see what was coming next.

Before it was carried out though, Dusklion let her gaze flicker to Talonpaw. It felt... wrong to just kill this cat, who had spit so much venom towards the apprentice. She waited, paw still placed on Fogmuzzle's head, for him to notice the... invitation in her eyes.

Once Talonpaw had... finished, her gaze lifted to her brother. There was a brief moment of hesitation - he had said he wanted it painful and slow. But Dusklion, as much as she was for that, thought of Cobs. She thought of the kits here, Springkit. She hoped the Lionhearts could round them up, and that they didn't have to witness this. Her blue eyes narrowed briefly, but she nodded and glanced down at the pinned Fogmuzzle. There was a beat, then she took a claw and ran it across the warrior's throat, letting the crimson red blood flow freely. Her claw remained raised in the air, droplets falling from it. She knew it wouldn't kill the she-cat right away, but it wouldn't drag it out either.

Once the cat underneath her went limp, Dusklion stepped off and set her bloodied claw down. Her heart was hammering in her chest as she glared down at the unmoving body. This moment.... it was familiar to her. Memories of a time when she had been ordered to kill were roused in her mind and she had to shut her eyes briefly, squeezing them, before opening.

When she did, it wasn't Fogmuzzle's body there but Fallownose's. Dead. Lifeless. Bloody. Yellow eyes staring at her and a jaw that was parted in surprise. The sight had Dusklion stepping back a bit, startled briefly before she regained control of her expression - and in that same moment, it was Fogmuzzle on the ground again.

From there she blinked, then looked up at her brother as if wanting to know what to do with the body.

[ Talonpaw - @Ian ] [ Seabreeze - @Dolomedes ] [ Owltalon - @Marigoldwhisper ] [ Starlingflight - @Tiabirb ] [ Fallenwish - @hades. ] [ Fadingsun - @occultation ]
[ Fogmuzzle - @paris - you're welcome to purchase death defier if you would like fogmuzzle to live, however do keep in mind it is only once per member and she would need to flee riverclan territory to avoid being killed again! ]

dusklion is riverclan's current deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resources | riverclan apprentice training | kit curriculum
character site | about me | roleplay tracker | toyhouse
please don't mention or quote me at the floodstone! i read every post ♡

Last edited by taillow; May 10th, 2024 at 08:56 AM.
Old May 8th, 2024, 10:45 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

Bearsnout
28 Moons || RiverClan || He/Him
The Gentle Giant

Bearsnout couldn’t help but wince at Fadingsun’s orders. It seemed like every recent RiverClan meeting just led to more and more drama and fighting. It was hard to keep steadfast in hope when their entire Clan felt tense as the river during Leaf Bare. It felt cold and frozen over, and tense as ice. Too much pressure would split it into so many different pieces. It seemed like they were hovering just above the ice.

There was one thing keeping them together though. Their leadership. Fadingsun has proved that he won’t play around. He’s serious. He wants to restore RiverClan’s name. And he was doing a good job too. Then there were the Lionhearts, Seabreeze and Owltalon, both bringing all their optimism and hard work every day. And Dusklion, a respectable Head Lionheart and a natural leader; she would make a wonderful destiny. Then there was Mistyshard and Berrypaw. He wasn’t quite sure how Berrypaw would be trained by a cat who’s had no training in herbs, but when there’s a will, there’s a way.

Faith, Bearsnout. Faith.

If StarClan chooses to communicate with them, then RiverClan will be fine. He trusted StarClan, and he trusted his Clanmates, some of them at least.

These meetings always pissed him off recently. The disrespect that this Clan held was absurd. Fadingsun was their leader for StarClan’s sake. If they didn’t like him, they could leave the Clan. It was that simple. It angered him sure, but he’d always had a great amount of patience, which was excersized regularly during these meetings.

The High Ranks had it under control. They didn’t need his help. He’d just make things worse. He was constantly having to remind himself. The last thing he wished to do was add to the drama, so found himself remaining silent during many of these meetings.

Fadingsun’s punishment was cruel, but deserved, and just. The code said a leaders word was law. And Fadingsun was teaching the Clan a lesson in respect. It didn’t matter if Bearsnout didn’t agree with this. Fogmuzzle was a threat to RiverClan, and threats should be dealt with swiftly and efficiently. So, the tom watched with a grim expression, blue eyes unable to look away as Dusklion eliminated the threat.

. . .

open

Last edited by chickadee; May 8th, 2024 at 10:46 PM.
Old May 8th, 2024, 10:49 PM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Talonpaw
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

The words that Fogmuzzle were spitting back at him caused a sharp laugh to escape his muzzle. Stars, she was stupid. There wasn't even a point in trying to explain anything to her because she obviously didn't have ears. At least the adults finally started doing something. Eveningthaw grabbed Fogmuzzle, and then Starlingflight was there. Starlingflight.

"I know. I'm not going to apologize but... I have to stay here. I have too," Talonpaw murmured, his gaze softening briefly as he glanced toward his mentor. Then the moment was gone, and he glanced up briefly at Fadingsun with a scowl. "I'm not assuming anything. Fogmuzzle threatened Wrenpaw and all Dusklion told her was to sit down. She's your deputy, that means she carries out your instructions." Hadn't Fadingsun said something about one cats actions reflecting the entire Clan at the last meeting? Well, the same thing applied.

Still, Dusklion's words and Fadingsun's orders... maybe she really hadn't heard. Talonpaw held his tongue on further harsh comments because at least they were doing something. For the first time, he would give an adult the benefit of the doubt and assume that Dusklion genuinely hadn't heard Fogmuzzle's first comments toward Wrenpaw.

After Fadingsun's order was a flurry of movement, but Talonpaw's eyes returned to what was happening with Fogmuzzle and they didn't leave. It was the only reason he caught the glance she gave him, and he decided that enough was enough. He was championing the cause for the apprentices and kits, and he would show them why. Talonpaw would show them that he was not weak.

[TW below fore gore. Skip to the next bold red text if you want to avoid it] - Powerplay done with HR permission!

Talonpaw padded forward, giving a slight nod to Dusklion. He knew what he had to do. With Fogmuzzle helpless beneath the newly named deputy, Talonpaw used one massive paw to force her jaws open. "Since you think it's okay to threaten children and throw around words without the brain to back them up I figured I'll help you out before you die so maybe it will be a little less embarrassing. For us that is, cause no one wants to hear you whine and beg like a kit."

His piece said, Talonpaw shoved his other unsheathed forepaw into her jaws, not caring about the pricking of any teeth, and sunk his claws into her tongue and pulled. It was painful and messy, but he didn't care. He was making a point. And so he continued to pull until he had ripped Fogmuzzle's tongue out of her mouth with a wet tearing sound. "Fogmuzzle really is a fitting a name," he intoned dryly, ignoring the churning in his stomach from the act he had committed.

Done with the warrior, he turned his back on Fogmuzzle, giving one last nod to Dusklion. He padded a few steps away, back to where Wrenpaw was, and set down the tongue near her paws. It was gruesome and bloody, but it was the sentiment that counted. "Since she thought threatening you was okay." That was the only explanation Wrenpaw would get.

[End TW, safe to read below!]

He turned back to where Dusklion had carried out the execution, wiping his own paws on the sand in an attempt to get rid of Fogmuzzle's blood. He wondered what the Clan would think about what he had just done. What Starlingflight would think. He didn't care about the others, but he did care about her. Was she still there? Talonpaw jerked slightly as if realizing for the first time that she might be gone, quickly looking around to see if he could spot his mentor.

@paris @Neptune. @taillow @occultation @Tiabirb

Last edited by Ian; May 8th, 2024 at 10:49 PM.
Old May 8th, 2024, 10:52 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Clearly the slug wanted a fight, but Redmire wasn't so stupid as to just hand it to her claws out. That was Fogmuzzle's mistake - openly flashing her talons and throwing a fit as her father had to come haul her off like a child. Her muzzle twisted in a hateful sneer and she took a step back.

And then Fadingsun spoke. Uh oh. Fogmuzzle was in for a time.

It honestly made her stomach turn to think about what she was about to witness... but it wasn't like she'd never had her claws in someone else before. With a single twitch of an ear, she stepped back to give Dusklion room, and back out of the splash zone. A brutal fate, but one well-deserved for squirrel-brained fools that thought it was okay to hurl those kinds of threats around.

It wasn't exactly quick. And Talonpaw's involvement, albeit making sense, made her swallow thickly and have to fight to keep her gaze steady. Even she hadn't been that brutal when she'd...

No. No, Fogmuzzle deserved this, just like those rogues had deserved their deaths, just like anyone who threatened the Clan's security or sought to drag them down did. And Redmire, for once, did as ordered without complaint and watched until Fogmuzzle's body stopped twitching.

Last edited by dino.; May 9th, 2024 at 10:10 AM.
Old May 8th, 2024, 11:07 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty ACTIVE!

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

(Short reply because it's WAYYY past by bedtime)

Owltalon hurried away, her yowl carrying across the clearing as she pointed out the kits and apprentices she recognized. "Adderpaw, Springkit, Sunkit, and anycat else, go to your dens, quickly now."

Tags: @Fish
@Luminous

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old May 8th, 2024, 11:19 PM

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Caveclaw-She/They

--------------

Caveclaw watched as the kits left, before the cat named Fogmuzzle was killed. It seemed only fair. Harming other clanmates was quite the crime, especially if they are younger.

--------------

Old May 8th, 2024, 11:29 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Wrenpaw
~<>~
53/100
9 moons || she/her || RiverClan Apprentice || Silver Tongue
medium furred silver smoke she-cat; blue eyes

Looks as though she’d caused a bit of a commotion this time, huh? Not the first time it’s happened… won’t be the last. Still, she’d expected backlash, expected to be thrown out of the meeting and told to sit in the territory until the whole ordeal was over with, what she didn’t expect was some nobody warrior shouting vitriol and threats of her death right in her face. Demanding she "learn what her place was", well, excuse her, Fogmuzzle, but maybe the idiot warrior with a mouth too big for her talks of ‘defending their deputy’s honor’ should take her own stupid advice.

And there were others defending her from that filth - not least of which was Dusklion herself. That gave Wrenpaw pause for a moment, even as she stared unflinchingly at Fogmuzzle, she couldn’t help but wonder if she truly had been wrong about Dusklion. She seems… calmer. Much more level headed. It’s a change, that’s for certain. Wren just isn’t sure if that’s the thing causing unrest in her belly. Another comes to her defense - an older apprentice that Wren was not overly familiar with, but who she knew had a reputation for being a bit sour much like she did. It’s weird to her, then, that he’s defending her, but listening to him speak makes it all become very clear: he sees Fogwhatever as a threat to Wrenpaw’s safety.

"I can defend myself, thanks," she grumbles to the older apprentice’s back, more annoyed than angry. There were plenty of cats to be angry at right now and Talonpaw wasn’t one who deserved her anger, especially considering he was defending her.

And then Fogmuzzle opens her gross maw again, and demands Talonpaw apologize to Dusklion, like she’s going to be followed without question, like she’s doing something good or something righteous and Wrenpaw laughs. She can’t help it. It bubbles out of her against her will and she feels near hysterical with it because this has got to be some sort of sick joke, right? There’s no way she’s serious. But the way she glances to Dusklion for approval says all Wren needs to know about her thoughts on the matter. Talonpaw laughs too. Maybe Wren isn’t crazy for thinking it’s some kind of joke.

"Are you thick?" She spits meanly at Fogmuzzle, "why the hell should he apologize? All he’s done is defend me, from some nobody loser like you who THREATENED MY LIFE! I don’t CARE if you didn’t threaten it by your own claws or teeth, the point is you still threatened." Stars help this clan, there was no saving them. Lucky for her, she needn’t say much else, because Fadingsun makes his call: Fogmuzzle will die. And all but the kits must watch. Good.

There’s a grim sort of satisfaction at that order, and a rush of pleasure runs through Wren’s veins. Vindication. Comeuppance. Exoneration.

Dusklion pounces. And Wren watches, clear blue gaze unblinking and unflinching. She watches as the warrior is slammed to the ground, pinned there and helpless. And she watches as Talonpaw steps forward, an understanding seeming to pass between him and the deputy. And she watches as he reaches into her mouth and grips her tongue. She watches as he pulls and pulls and pulls until the warrior must be choking on her own blood and the tongue rips free with a sickening squelch that’s music to Wren’s ears. She watches as Talonpaw presents her with the prize, offering it as a gift. It’s bloody and gross, and Wren almost shudders at the sight of it but it’s her prize, now.

She nods to the larger apprentice, and draws her prize in closer. She can think of plenty of ways to discard of it as dishonorably as possible, but there’s a time and place for that. Now is not that time or place. Wren doesn’t even spare a glance at the fresh corpse of the former RiverClan warrior where she lays, blood pooling from her mouth, and instead looks to Dusklion first, the grudging respect edging in her periphery. Maybe she’d do fine as deputy. Wren will still keep an eye on her, though. 

And her attention goes back to her leader, wondering, vaguely, if she should not have felt as good about the execution of Fogmuzzle as she did.

[AS ALWAYS WRENS OPINIONS ARE NOT MY OWN]
[ @paris - fogmuzzle // @taillow - dusklion // @Ian - talonpaw + others ]