by dino.
Last post by leopardheart00
Today 08:38 AM

Old May 5th, 2024, 07:47 AM
#4-Icecream

Bump Policy: Allways
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: RiverClan Floodstone

Rainingkit, no, Paw walked up to her mentor and touched noses! She would make her mentor so proud. Purring with joy she looked up at Appleberry.

Last edited by Yoshdo; May 5th, 2024 at 07:48 AM.
Old May 5th, 2024, 10:35 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

She/Her | Purrk(s): Just A Scratch

So. Wisteriawren had a tiiiiiiny dilemma. Fadingsun had said - 'Let all cats old enough to fish gather beneath the Floodstone for a Clan meeting!' - and Wisteriawren had no clue what age that was supposed to be. Was she old enough? Was she too young? Was she too old!? And then... oh dear, she didn't know how to fish. Did that mean she couldn't attend? But she really, reeaaaally wanted to listen. This was her first.. uh, what had Fadingsun said? First Clan meeting! She wanted to meet the Clan!

Maybe she could hide behind someone. Maybe nobody would notice! Maybe... aha! Her bestest friend in the whole world was here! That meant Wisteriawren could... hide behind her! The solution to her problems! Crouching low to the ground, Wisteriawren practically army crawled over to Dusklion, an idiotic grin stretched across her face as if she believed she'd turned entirely invisible.

"Psst! Dusklion! It's me! Remember me? Melody-Wisteriawren?" She whispered, beaming up at the pretty tabby from her position hunched on the ground behind her. "Whatcha doin'?" Her gaze followed Dusklion's as the head lionheart seemed to be drilling holes into something with her eyes, but Wisteriawren saw nothing. Except the ... um ... rock thingy. "There's so many cats here, do you remember all the cats names'?" Her eyes practically sparkled with excitement. "Do you think everyone will be my friend?!"

[ @taillow - Dusklion ]

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan's head lionheart | 28 moons
While waiting for the meeting to start, Dusklion was snapped out of her thoughts by a familiar voice. Turning to look behind her, she spotted the familiar face of Wisteriawren crouched behind her. "You don't have to hide," she snorted, half-laughing as she angled her ears to pay attention to the former kitty-pet. [b]" She was a bit confused by the question, but then remembered just how new this gray feline was to Clan life. "This is a meetin' - they're held by the Clan's leader, which in this case is Fades - or, Fadin'sun." Calling her brother by his full name felt odd. "I do know all their names - most of 'em are cats I got to know after my brother 'n I joined not this past leaf-bare, but the one before."

Speaking of her brother dove into starting the meeting before Dusk could get to Wisteriawren's last question. Her pelt bristled only slightly as he made his apology - while it was a smart idea, Dusk wondered if any cat would spit venom about it. Her eyes glanced around to make sure no one tried anything mouse-brained. Thankfully it was mostly silent, and as the nearly fully-grown kit was given her overdue name, Dusk grinned. "Rainin'paw! Rainin'paw!"

Turning to Wisteriawren, Dusklion continued. "I'm sure some of 'em will. There are some with their heads on right. If anyones' mean to you, though," Dusk castt a glance towards her while her brother went into reassignments, "let me know, okay?" As much as she knew Wisteriawren had to prove herself, if the Clan was harsh to her right off the back it wouldn't make for the best growing environment. Her attention was snapped up by her brother once more as she blinked. Minkpaw. The small dark tabby still wondered where the apprentice was, as her search with Goldfish had dug up nothing.

His comment to Hawksun was baffling, considering at the meeting where he'd been announced as deputy Summerpaw had been reassigned to Minnowsplash. She blinked, wondering if things were getting to him. Their conversation was still present in her head, and how he had admitted to her that he felt lost. The news about WindClan and battle training was enough to shake the thoughts though, and briefly her eyes searched the base of the stone. Okay, good. No flashes of gray ghost-fur. Battle training though... she felt like she had been trying to get Cobs to train for the longest time, but the she-cat hadn't so much as just the basics. Perhaps after this she'd find her and they could get started.

[ Wisteriawren - @Rose ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; May 5th, 2024 at 10:35 AM.
Old May 5th, 2024, 10:46 AM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

Bearsnout
28 Moons || RiverClan || He/Him
The Gentle Giant

The main coone had arrived late to the Clan meeting, having been busy hunting out in the territory. As he padded into the RiverClan camp and got a glimpse of Fadingsun up on the Floodstone with his voice ringing through the Clearing, he felt slightly panicked and quickly dropped his prey onto the pile and made his way to the back of the crowd.

A new apprentice? Only one? Huh. That was strange. He shouldn't be too worried though. There should be lots of new litters now that it's New Leaf. Everything was becoming more lively now that it was growing warmer. He smiled as he watched Rainingkit become Rainingpaw. It was nice to witness apprentice ceremonies. The kits were always so proud. He couldn't help but think back to his own ceremony and his former apprentice's ceremony and grin.

Then Fadingsun went on to reassignments. He beamed when he heard his sister was getting a reassignment and searched for her through the crowd. He caught sight of her and after waiting for Fadingsun to pause he made his way through the crowd to her.

"Frosty!" He purred as he took a seat besides her. "Congrats on the reassignment!

. . .

@kittycatburmise - hope you don't mind bear butting in

Last edited by chickadee; May 5th, 2024 at 10:49 AM.
Old May 5th, 2024, 10:51 AM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Eaglepaw
RiverClan
she/her | 7 moons | 54/100
[Golden and white tuxedo tabby with green eyes]
Purrks: Dreamwalker, Herbal Knowledge T2
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Eaglepaw had popped in when Fadingsun first called the clan, really only half listening. She had briefly met Rainingkit during the picnic, and she was baffled how a cat older than her could still be a kit. How the hell did that even happen? Just another testament to how messed up this clan was. She cheered the new apprentice's name just like everyone else, glad that at least she seemed to be moving forward. Good for her. Thinking about the failures of this clan's warriors would not improve her mood, though it would only get worse as Fadingsun made his next announcement. Eaglepaw couldn't help but frown thoughtfully as Fadingsun put a nine moon restriction on apprentices before they were re-evaluated for clan life. It made every sense in the world in her opinion. Apprentices were given way too long to train, often becoming full grown adults before getting their warrior name.

Eaglepaw sighed. She really hoped her training didn't take her seven more moons... she was almost 8 moons, and she hardly had any training! Through no fault of her own--she had asked warrior after warrior after warrior to take her out and train her. Hell, she hadn't even seen the WindClan border yet. Irritation flared under the she-cat's pelt. Every time she tried to get training, the warriors that took her out disappeared. Alas... what did she expect from these fools.

Eaglepaw settled into a loaf, a sudden wave of exhaustion overtaking her. Right, she hadn't been sleeping well recently. Maybe she would try to take a nap after this... or bother Seabreeze for more swimming training. That sounded more appealing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~

Last edited by Mica; May 5th, 2024 at 10:54 AM.
Old May 5th, 2024, 12:12 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Ah, looked like Rainingkit was finally being apprenticed. Mistyshard noticed the kit was way too old for this... but as much as she hated to admit it, that was probably Birdsnow's fault. She nodded to Pigeonpelt. While they'd only been on one patrol before, at least the molly had not slacked, so she had a right to say that. "I agree. I sure hope some of the soon-to-be warriors turn out as capable," she mewed, a curious edge to her tone. There was at least one of them she was sure would turn out great; Berrypaw. Glad that Rainingpaw had now been announced an apprentice, she decided to chant the shecat's name. "Rainingpaw! Rainingpaw!" she called, letting a small smile turn the corners of her mouth upwards.

Maybe deep down, she was only pretending to be happy. But genuinely she was proud of the young feline for finally having received her 'paw name after so many moons.. and after all, she was the medicine cat now, so she needed to seem warm and welcoming. Next were reassignments. Mistyshard was glad to hear that Stagheart had received an apprentice; he was a responsible warrior and would surely do a good job with the training.

Once the mentors and apprentices had touched noses, Fadingsun seemed to have another change to announce. Ah, the "warrior ready at 16 moons" part of training was being dropped. In her opinion that was a reasonable, good change, because she herself had only been able to complete her training by her 35th moon due to many difficulties. Although it certainly wasn't nice to complete her training so late, it's not like she had chosen to be kidnapped, injured and dead half the time. The next notice made an unsettling feeling creep over her. Tensions with the other clans.. that wouldn't end good. "I feel like something's going to happen soon," she muttered under her breath.

[ @Blazing - Pigeonpelt ]
[This post is a mess sorry ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old May 5th, 2024, 12:46 PM
.·:*¨♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆☆≈¨*:·.

Bump Policy: 1 week unless its time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired

Springkit
[Still open, but this is mainly just reactionary stuff]

He did his best to note and put to mind how an apprentice ceremony went. First the kit was called up, they stepped forward, and then they get a new name and a mentor. Oh, you were supposed to call their name? "Rainingpaw!!" Ok, not too complicated, but Springkit still wanted to have time to witness one or a few more apprentice ceremonies before his own to make sure he didn't make any dumb mistakes. Like if he messed stuff up on his own ceremony, in front of the whole clan, he would be haunted by that for, let's face it, probably the rest of his life.

Reassignments? Like apprentices who got new mentors? It seemed like it, but Springkit had expected there to be like one, maybe two. Like if the mentor was too busy to or was becoming and elder or queen. Why were there a whole four apprentices who needed new mentors? And that also begged the question of where were the previous mentors??

The time expectations seemed a little stressful until Springkit realized that nine months were like... well a lot of months considering he had only lived for 2 so far, and there would be 4 more until he was even an apprentice (which was like an eternity, so over double that was plenty of time). Besides, if his future mentor had some kind of timelimit, Springkit could at least be sure that he wouldn't have to wait as long for his lessons! Something that however rubbed Springkit the wrong way was the idea that after these nine months of being an apprentice, they might be kicked out. Being forced to leave Riverclan already sounded horrifying, and he dearly hoped that no one would ever come close to that.

But the worry over that was nothing compared to the ice spreading through Springkit's body when camp-invasion was mentioned. He didn't know what had happened between Riverclan and Windclan, and he did want to find out, but right now... Spingkit's gaze quickly flew from den to den in the camp. If Windclan warriors were to barge in an...attack... where would be the best place to hide? The nursery was always a place Springkit would associate with safety and Mother would be there to protect him, but was that enough? Maybe he could run into the medicine den, at least no one would go in there to try and find anything to fight since all of the cats would be elsewhere. Unless Windclan warriors ran in there to prevent anyone from getting healing, or to destroy herbs?? Maybe he should ask someone for tips after this...

Hawkcatcher's finder

_______________ Tracker _______________
¨•┈꒰ა ♡⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ Springkit - Cowskip - Wyvern - Hawkcatcher - Pigeonpaw ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆ ♡ ໒꒱┈•¨

Last edited by Luminous; May 5th, 2024 at 12:50 PM.
Old May 5th, 2024, 01:57 PM
i am real and you are not

Bump Policy: Whenever :3
My Mood: Sick

Bonepaw was overjoyed. a new mentor. wonder what their like?

Toadstoolspore is the leader of Mushroomclan

she has a Semi-open den policy ^^
Old May 5th, 2024, 02:04 PM

Bump Policy: Bump me ASAP, or whenever :)

Minnowsplash's eyes glimmered with happiness as they watched Rainingpaw receive their apprentice name. There was nothing quite like the joy of taking the next step of the warrior journey. "Rainingpaw! Rainingpaw!" While the younger cat found her apprentice, the meeting continued. As Summerpaw's name was called out, with Hawksun as his mentor, Minnowsplash did a double take. Hadn't Summerpaw already been reassigned to them? They had no problem with Hawksun helping Summerpaw train, but it seemed like Fadingsun was a tad bit confused. Eh, it wasn't a very big deal for now. After the meeting was over, though, Minnowsplash would have to check up with Fadingsun.

Sunkit cheered for the other (previously named) Sunkit. "Rainingpaw! Rainingpaw!"

-sign my sig below if you want-
Old May 5th, 2024, 02:17 PM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntToast View Post

|[ Mud'smoke ]|
he/him | 21 moons | RC warrior | more of a hunter
__________________________________________________ __

So starting off the meeting with an apology, that was rare. Mudsmoke thought to himself as he looked up to his leader. Mudsmoke hadn't been bothered by the rule though he knew many of his clanmates were. He usually didn't talk during meetings so it didn't really affect him, guess there was always time to start. He turned to the cat closest to him, falconflight. He wasn't sure he had interacted with them before.

He turned his attention back to Fadingsun when he heard him mention a new apprentice. Scanning the crowd he spotted rainingkit, though he was quite surprised to see that they didn't really look the kit age and actually looked close to the age of a cat ending the apprentice training. "a little old to only be becoming an apprentice now, don't ya think?" he commented turning back to falconflight to see his opinion on it.
Falconflight
Riverclan warrior
Purrks: Heightened Perception-Sight(inactive)

Glancing at Mudsmoke, who had just appeared beside him, he nodded in agreement. "You bet. I would've thought she'd be a warrior already" He half-joked, tail flicking causally. Even if he thought the new apprentice was a little old he still cheered her name, though at average volume, he hardly knew the cat afterall.

Turning his head back towards the leader, intrest entered his eyes at apprentice reassignments. It was sad to see how many mentors had failed their apprentices, he was angered slightly by it, especially since his niece was among them. But wait, he got a new apprentice?! Cool! It'd been a while since he'd been chosen to teach but he was certain that he wouldn't fail them!

Scanning the crowd again he caught sight of his new apprentice's face. "Hey, Winterpaw! Over here!" the grey tabby signaled the younger cat over with a gesture of his paw. A chill smile on his face. Hopefully they'd get along, he didn't want to train an apprentice who didn't like him, it'd be terrible.

@hermeswind

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old May 5th, 2024, 03:56 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Cheerful

Stagheart's ears perked up in surprise. An apprentice! He hadn't had one of those in quite a few moons. Willowpaw was being reassigned, so he briefly wondered how much they knew. Well, he could figure that out as they went on.

He scanned the clearing and noticed Willowpaw, padding over to the apprentice. "Hi. I'm Stagheart," he meowed in his low drawl. He tried to sound friendly, though sometimes it was hard when most of his sentences came out choppy and gruff. He'd never been one for social graces. "It'll be an honor to train ya, kid."

Battle training, right... He'd make a point to prioritize that. You could practically smell the tension in the air with WindClan, and Stagheart had been around enough moons to know that the fish-brained thing some rogue RiverClanners did would not go unpunished. It was like he could sense the war in the air, and it almost made his fur stand on end thinking about it.

"Don't worry," he continued lowly to the apprentice, "We'll figure out what y'know and don't know, and then I'll train ya as best I can."

Not normally one for encouraging words, Stagheart had a soft spot for apprentices. Perhaps due to his care for Berrypaw. So he hoped that beyond his rough-around-the-edges tone, he could make the apprentice feel a bit better after having to be reassigned. He was sure it wasn't easy, being tossed around like that.

/ @SeonghwasBunnyEars -- i believe willowpaw is yours, right? : ) [EDIT: omg i never put the " @ " symbol in front of your name SO SORRY ]

Berrypaw nodded congratulations to Rainingkit; they certainly looked older than the 6-moon mark that she'd been apprenticed at. She wondered what took so long as she joined in chanting the new apprentice's name: "Rainingpaw! Rainingpaw!"

She also gave a smile of congratulations to Stagheart. He had gotten an apprentice! He used to talk about the one he had many moons ago... what was it, Falcon-something? Flying? Huh... she couldn't remember. Anyway, she recalled that he'd remembered those times fondly, so he must be excited.

/ @Morrigan - for vague reference to Stag's and Falcon's training, since i believe a few months ago we put him as your former mentor in your finder. no need to respond since all the thoughts weren't said aloud, but thought you'd appreciate that he recalled Falconflight's 'training' fondly hehe

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Last edited by squidz; May 9th, 2024 at 09:28 PM.