Last post by AriaTheFiremaiden
Today 06:38 AM

Old May 9th, 2024, 10:33 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Cheeky

Default Re: RiverClan Floodstone

— STAGHEART —

very large & muscular light brown tabby tom with stark greenish-blue eyes and a torn ear

[ riverclan warrior | tomcat | 50 moons | gruff & battle-hardened, yet thoughtful; loyal to a fault ]

Stagheart's cold gaze surveyed the assembled Clan, assessing each moment as it passed. He had very subtly readied himself, muscles tensing as tensions rose between the bickering cats. Fogmuzzle, Redmire, Wrenpaw, Talonpaw... if one of them started to lash out, he had the right mind to try and quell the fighting by throwing his large self into the fray, simply as a blockade. It never came, but the icy command of Fadingsun did.

Despite his battle-hardened heart, there was the slightest bit of dread pooling in him. He hadn't had to witness a Clan execution like this in a long, long time. Not to mention all the warriors had to witness it...

His first priority was Berrypaw, using his tail to usher her behind his large form. "Don't look," he urged, his rumbly voice stony to show there was no room for bartering. There was a small protest from Berrypaw but he hissed again, quietly so only she could really hear, "Don't... I know y'need to learn, but this ain't the type of learnin' ya need just yet. This is... somethin' y'can't come back from."

Berrypaw had only just turned 8 moons. There was no way she needed to witness something 'slow and painful', as Fadingsun described, not in his mind. Part of her seemed to think she needed to, especially if she was going to be introduced to the ways of the medicine cats, by the way she had slightly protested. But looking at the aftermath of a mutilated cat she'd hypothetically have to treat someday was a hell of a lot different than watching it happen, slowly and methodically... so he hid her, his hardened stare returning to watch as Dusklion pinned down Fogmuzzle in a flash.

Stagheart had seen much death in his days. Much of it had been at his claws. He'd gotten used to the smell of blood and the feeling of skin and fur ripping beneath his paws. But it always hit a little harder when it was your own Clanmate — it struck a chord that felt forbidden, like an invisible line was crossed. It shouldn't be this way — nothing should be like this. But it was what needed to happen — rules were broken, other lines were crossed that begged for the worst. The consequences must follow.

He stood there unflinchingly as Dusklion made her silent order. To his surprise, she was allowing Talonpaw to do something first. There was pulling, muffled screeching, a gut-wrenching sound of tearing and...

Only his nose slightly wrinkled in disgust as the bloodied tongue was flopped to the grass. He'd never quite seen something like this, despite his many moons, so this was at least something new to his mind. Not to mention a completely-removed tongue... now that was a sight. Not one he ever wished to see again, but not one that moved him any more than a small blink of muted surprise.

A very small, miniscule part of him was perplexed. Executions he understood — they needed to be done to threats, to traitors. That part was no problem for him. But the slow, torturous order beforehand... that nudged some part of his calloused heart that hadn't been touched in a long time. Perhaps only nudged to a faint semblance of a feeling due to his protectiveness of the apprentice he had tucked behind him, the worry for her own innocence.

But it was all much overshadowed by his loyalty that burned like fire, trusting his leader's commands wholly, and the overall fortitude he held against any emotional reaction. He'd been numbed to things like poignant shock and disgust, his maw sealed over time to any outbursts. Nothing could easily sway this warrior — not even the mutilated sight of his Clanmate lying limply in the blood-soaked grass, pooling the blades in scarlet.

"...She knew the rules,"
he muttered darkly, the only words he'd said since the ordeal began. That was it, his only sign beyond the dark glint in his eye that he was on board, handling the scene before him with cold acceptance. Every Clan cat knew the risks and rules — no one could play dumb. This justice, though harsh and brutal, had been fated from the start.

That's just the way it was.

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Last edited by squidz; May 9th, 2024 at 10:36 AM.
Old May 9th, 2024, 10:51 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Angelic

RiverClan Re: RiverClan Floodstone

Cascadepaw
6 / 100

What.

The.

Hell.

Cascadepaw stared with wide blue eyes at the silver-and-white body that lay at Dusklion's paws.

'Dusklion, kill that sorry excuse for a warrior. I want it slow and painful.'

Taking a step back, Cascadepaw realized what this meant. She had had her doubts about Dusklion, but this? And Fadingsun had told his sister to kill Fogmuzzle.

She didn't deserve it.

She had only been defending herself.

This was it. This was the end of RiverClan. With Dusklion as Deputy, things weren't going to be good. With Fadingsun as leader, cats were going to be killed for simply defending themselves. Cascadepaw felt the beginnings of a snarl twisting her maw, but she said nothing, instead looking up at Fadingsun, narrowing her blue eyes down to icy slits and meeting his gaze coldly. In her mind, Cascadepaw was thinking one thing and knew that Fadingsun could see it in her eyes. What kind of leader are you, because you're certainly not a good one.

''I can't believe this..'' The apprentice muttered underneath her breath. She looked at Cobwebpaw, who was struggling to keep Wisteriawren on the ground. Cascadepaw shook her head.

If there was one thing certain about RiverClan, it was that they were about to be destroyed. Not just by ThunderClan and WindClan, but by their own leader and deputy.

RiverClan was doomed to destruction.

For a moment, Cascadepaw didn't know what she should do. Should she get Mistyshard? Should she retreat to her den? But the apprentice stayed right where she was, her claws digging into the soft earth beneath her and refusing to let her move. She stared, frozen, two sentences flowing from her mouth - Doedapple's exact words when teaching her the warrior code - and Cascadepaw didn't try to stop the words from coming out.

''True warriors do not kill to win their battles.'' Cascadepaw closed her eyes and took a deep breath, opening her eyes once more and glancing from Fadingsun to Dusklion and then back to the RiverClan Leader, blue gaze pools of disgust and hate. ''That is part of the warrior code, and it always will be. This Clan just stooped lower than ThunderClan.''

At this rate, Bumblestar was putting Fadingsun and Dusklion to shame.

But, Cascadepaw then remembered a word Talonpaw had described Fogmuzzle with.

Disgusting.

''This Clan is disgusting,'' She hissed, her tail lashing behind her. ''There. I said it. I said something that no other cat would dare say. Happy now, Fadingsun? Dusklion? Knowing that after this, there are going to be some of your Clanmates that aren't going to trust either of you because of your disgusting decisions and your disgusting actions?''

''And you,'' Cascadepaw whipped her head around to glare at Talonpaw with disgust. ''Don't rip out cats' tongues. That's disgusting to see, and it's disgusting behavior.''

Talonpaw had mentioned the word disgusting, and he clearly wanted it said. Everytime Cascadepaw said disgusting, she'd put an emphasis on it to get the word in her Clanmates' heads.

[ tai, feel free to have dusk attack cassy, but she's more than likely to try her best to fight back /lh

and if you do have dusk attack, i'd like to have cascadepaw win the fight /gen ]

[ While everyone is reading this, CASCADEPAW IS NOT TO BE KILLED. NO EXCEPTIONS. I don't need two cats killed during a meeting. /srs /gen

Occultation, whatever you decide, Cascadepaw IS NOT to be KILLED. /srs /gen

These are my feelings, and they are to be RESPECTED. I'm sick and tired of having my characters killed against my will. I have treated everyone else with respect, so I expect the same treatment. /srs /gen ]

Fadingsun | @occultation // Dusklion | @taillow // Wisteriawren | @Rose // Cobwebpaw | @sillycreatur // Doedapple | @Blazing // Talonpaw | @Ian

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder
Scratch HR Positions:
Robinstar [ ThC Lead] - Anachronismpounce [ ShC Dep ] - Roaringstar [ SkC Lead ] - Pareidoliastar [ WC Lead ]

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird's Lullaby
Alderblossom: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Fireflyflicker: The Collector, Mind Reader, Agatha Kitty

Last edited by paris; May 9th, 2024 at 12:57 PM.
Old May 9th, 2024, 11:46 AM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Starlingflight
------------------

A gut feeling told her where this was going when the kits and youngest apprentices were ordered away. Her eyes narrowed at Fogmuzzle, a pitying glare as the older warrior turned and surveyed the cats being funneled away. However, before she could take a pawstep, Dusklion attacked Fogmuzzle, and then something worse; Talonpaw was given no less than an order to damage the wounded warrior further. Her ears flattened, but her stony expression remained cold and thoughtless as Fogmuzzle's punishment escalated.

Her gaze slid up to Fadingsun. Both leader and deputy were aggressive and brutish. Their methods for discipline didn't just border on the extreme...it surpassed it. But maybe RiverClan needed this brutal lesson in respect. Cats were allowed to speak their minds. But it was this disruptive, aggressive and demeaning behavior that ran rampantly like a plague. Privately, she liked the methods of discipline. Threatening apprentices for speaking up was not just rude, it was dangerous. Who else would Fogmuzzle threaten? And when their words don't work, how far would someone like that go with those threats?

She watched the tongue be spat into the grass at the paws of Wrenpaw. Her expression never changed, never waivered. She knew she should feel sick. Feel disgusted or angry that Dusklion had ordered her apprentice to do something so vile. Maybe a part of her was. Maybe a part of her feared that if she showed her displeasure, she would be turned on next. Another point that Starlingflight was growing unnervingly unbothered with. If she died by the claws of her own dumb choices, maybe she deserved it. Yet if she died because of what she said next...so be it.

"Talonpaw," Starlingflight said softly, "Never do someone else's dirty work again, no matter what promises of vindication are given by yourself, or the one suggesting you to," Her stony gaze traveled to Dusklion, "We don't need to be teaching apprentices to harm their Clanmates. We don't need everyone to see how violent you are; You've proven that enough. I'd like to see some improvement in the way of discretion and respect for those who have no need or want to see these sort of displays."

Her eyes slid passively to Fadingsun, "You can shoo certain ones away, but they will know what happened anyway. You are not protecting them from anything. Things like this, could have been handled without the audience of innocents, outside of the camp." Starlingflight's expression finally shifted, etching itself with disapproval, "I'm not telling you what to do; I'm telling you that none of this resolves anything. It's the behavior of a tyrant and his sister; Exile or execution. And now we are going so low as to begin torture and maiming. What exactly are you trying to prove now?"

Ah, but what did it matter to an old gal like her? At this point she could only watch passively as her Clan tore itself apart. Or got itself in shape. Whichever happened to be happening at the time. Starlingflight had long since turned her nose away from the political side of Clan life; It was just drama, resentment and disrespect bundled into one stress-crushing responsibility shared between a select few. So she stood there, eyes cold and unblinkingly locked on the leader of her Clan.

@Ian @taillow @occultation
Old May 9th, 2024, 12:46 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post
Cascadepaw
6 / 100

What.

The.

Hell.

Cascadepaw stared with wide blue eyes at the silver-and-white body that lay at Dusklion's paws.

'Dusklion, kill that sorry excuse for a warrior. I want it slow and painful.'

Taking a step back, Cascadepaw realized what this meant. She had had her doubts about Dusklion, but this? And Fadingsun had told his sister to kill Fogmuzzle.

She didn't deserve it.

She had only been defending herself.

This was it. This was the end of RiverClan. With Dusklion as Deputy, things weren't going to be good. With Fadingsun as leader, cats were going to be killed for simply defending themselves. Cascadepaw felt the beginnings of a snarl twisting her maw, but she said nothing, instead looking up at Fadingsun, narrowing her blue eyes down to icy slits and meeting his gaze coldly. In her mind, Cascadepaw was thinking one thing and knew that Fadingsun could see it in her eyes. What kind of leader are you, because you're certainly not a good one.

''I can't believe this..'' The apprentice muttered underneath her breath. She looked at Cobwebpaw, who was struggling to keep Wisteriawren on the ground. Cascadepaw shook her head.

If there was one thing certain about RiverClan, it was that they were about to be destroyed. Not just by ThunderClan and WindClan, but by their own leader and deputy.

RiverClan was doomed to destruction.

For a moment, Cascadepaw didn't know what she should do. Should she get Mistyshard? Should she retreat to her den? But the apprentice stayed right where she was, her claws digging into the soft earth beneath her and refusing to let her move. She stared, frozen, two sentences flowing from her mouth - Doedapple's exact words when teaching her the warrior code - and Cascadepaw didn't try to stop the words from coming out.

''True warriors do not kill to win their battles.'' Cascadepaw closed her eyes and took a deep breath, opening her eyes once more and glancing from Fadingsun to Dusklion and then back to the RiverClan Leader, blue gaze pools of disgust and hate. ''That is part of the warrior code, and it always will be. This Clan just stooped lower than ThunderClan.''

At this rate, Bumblestar was putting Fadingsun and Dusklion to shame.

But, Cascadepaw then remembered a word Talonpaw had described Fogmuzzle with.

Disgusting.

''This Clan is disgusting,'' She hissed, her tail lashing behind her. ''There. I said it. I said something that no other cat would dare say. Happy now, Fadingsun? Dusklion? Knowing that after this, there are going to be some of your Clanmates that aren't going to trust either of you because of your disgusting decisions and disgusting actions?''

[ tai, feel free to have dusk attack cassy, but she's more than likely to try her best to fight back /lh

and if you do have dusk attack, i'd like to have cascadepaw win the fight /gen ]

[ While everyone is reading this, CASCADEPAW IS NOT TO BE KILLED. NO EXCEPTIONS. I don't need two cats killed during a meeting. /srs

Occultation, whatever you decide, Cascadepaw IS NOT to be KILLED. /srs

These are my feelings, and they are to be RESPECTED. I'm sick and tired of having my characters killed against my will. I have treated everyone else with respect, so I expect the same treatment. /srs ]

Fadingsun | @occultation // Dusklion | @taillow // Wisteriawren | @Rose // Cobwebpaw | @sillycreatur // Doedapple | @Blazing // Talonpaw | @Ian
Crowglow had walked off, and Skyfall just nodded to Cascadepaw. "Well said, kid. Although you kinda stole what I was gonna say."
Appleberry rolled his eyes and scoffed before he just looked over at Fadingsun ( @occultation )
"I'll go bury the body in the outskirts. If I don't return, please send Skyfall to find me." He meowed confidently.

Grimpaw, on the other hand, turned towards Cascadepaw with an expression that read 'WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU'.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did you not notice how DANGEROUS Fogmuzzle was starting to get?! Is there something wrong with you?! Are you questioning the decisions of your leader?! Because if anything, the only thing disgusting about this is how you're defending someone who was becoming an active threat to the clan! Had Dusklion not followed Fadingsun's orders, I'm pretty sure someone else would be dead!"
He snapped, voice breaking slightly as he defended his leader's order. His ears were flat on his head and he looked absolutely livid. But he continued to defend Fadingsun, not giving two about the consequences.

He then noticed that Appleberry seemed to either be deep in thought or plotting something. He shrugged it off.
"And another thing: who gave you the right to call your own clan disgusting?! We may not be any better than the other clans but we're still your own clan! If you don't like that then just leave! Fadingsun's reasoning was justified, now shut up and stop being so annoying and rude about your own clan!"

With that, he sat back down, glared at Cascadepaw once more and went back to listening to Fadingsun.

Last edited by Goopysharkboi; May 9th, 2024 at 12:55 PM.
Old May 9th, 2024, 01:02 PM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Angelic

RiverClan Re: RiverClan Floodstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetfulshape View Post
Crowglow had walked off, and Skyfall just nodded to Cascadepaw. "Well said, kid. Although you kinda stole what I was gonna say."
Appleberry rolled his eyes and scoffed before he just looked over at Fadingsun ( @occultation )
"I'll go bury the body in the outskirts. If I don't return, please send Skyfall to find me." He meowed confidently.

Grimpaw, on the other hand, turned towards Cascadepaw with an expression that read 'WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU'.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did you not notice how DANGEROUS Fogmuzzle was starting to get?! Is there something wrong with you?! Are you questioning the decisions of your leader?! Because if anything, the only thing disgusting about this is how you're defending someone who was becoming an active threat to the clan! Had Dusklion not followed Fadingsun's orders, I'm pretty sure someone else would be dead!"
He snapped, voice breaking slightly as he defended his leader's order. His ears were flat on his head and he looked absolutely livid. But he continued to defend Fadingsun, not giving two about the consequences.

He then noticed that Appleberry seemed to either be deep in thought or plotting something. He shrugged it off.
"And another thing: who gave you the right to call your own clan disgusting?! We may not be any better than the other clans but we're still your own clan! If you don't like that then just leave! Fadingsun's reasoning was justified, now shut up and stop being so annoying and rude about your own clan!"

With that, he sat back down, glared at Cascadepaw once more and went back to listening to Fadingsun.

Cascadepaw
8 / 100

Cascadepaw turned to face Grimpaw and shrugged. ''Talonpaw mentioned the word disgusting,'' She mewed innocently. ''Why not get it in our Clanmates' heads?''

''Speaking of disgusting,'' She growled, giving a lash of her tail. ''You should probably be quiet and stop siding with the one who sentenced Fogmuzzle to such a disgusting death as well as the cat who carried out the disgusting action.''

The apprentice whipped around and stormed out of camp, not bothering to see if any cat would follow her. Cascadepaw didn't want to be part of such a disgusting Clan.

[ Feel free to have Skyfall follow her, but mention me in RiverClan Territory if you do. ]

Fadingsun | @occultation + Dusklion | @taillow - Don't worry about exiling Cascadepaw. She's doing that herself lol.

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder
Scratch HR Positions:
Robinstar [ ThC Lead] - Anachronismpounce [ ShC Dep ] - Roaringstar [ SkC Lead ] - Pareidoliastar [ WC Lead ]

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird's Lullaby
Alderblossom: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Fireflyflicker: The Collector, Mind Reader, Agatha Kitty

Last edited by paris; May 9th, 2024 at 01:05 PM.
Old May 9th, 2024, 01:05 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post

Cascadepaw
8 / 100

Cascadepaw turned to face Grimpaw and shrugged. ''Talonpaw mentioned the word disgusting,'' She mewed innocently. ''Why not get it in our Clanmates' heads?''

''Speaking of disgusting,'' She growled, giving a lash of her tail. ''You should probably be quiet and stop siding with the one who sentenced Fogmuzzle to such a disgusting death as well as the cat who carried out the disgusting action.''
Skyfall glared softly at Grimpaw before looking up at Appleberry.
"Bruv, keep an eye on Grimpaw please." He meowed before starting to follow Cascadepaw.
[Feel free to have Cascadepaw lash out at Skyfall and scar him, you're also welcome to have her wound his face in any way./gen]

Last edited by Goopysharkboi; May 9th, 2024 at 01:11 PM.
Old May 9th, 2024, 01:37 PM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Talonpaw
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

Starlingflight was there, and everything in the world was right again. Until it was clear that she hadn't agreed with his actions and his ears lowered in shame and fear. And she would probably leave him for what he said next, but Talonpaw wasn't a liar and he wasn't going to let someone else get in trouble for his own choices. "Dusklion didn't make me. It was an offer, and after what she said to Wrenpaw I wanted to. And I'm not learning to hurt Clanmates. Fogmuzzle wasn't after what she said," he mewed lowly to her, avoiding eye-contact, afraid of what he would see there. Starlingflight's words directed at Dusklion and Fadingsun were uncomfortable and he didn't want her to be punished. He didn't like what he was feeling. So Talonpaw did the only thing he knew how to do when he was vulnerable.

"Cascadepaw, I don't know if it's your mentor or you who's dumb for you to think that. If you used your eyes, you would notice we're not in battle. And ripping out a tongue isn't supposed to be pleasant, so thank you for stating the obvious I suppose. Doesn't change the fact that I'd do it again in a heartbeat and there isn't mouse-dung you can do about it. And next time you try to be insulting, at least come up with new words instead of repeating mine. It's boring and unoriginal, but then again, so are you," he finished with an amused snort, watching as Cascadepaw stormed out of camp like a kit.

@paris @Tiabirb

Last edited by Ian; May 9th, 2024 at 01:37 PM.
Old May 9th, 2024, 01:39 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

As Appleberry stood there, plotting, he remained silent. Grimpaw ignored it all and just yelled out:
"GREAT MOVE, DUSKLION!" Because he was a morbid yet loyal cat.

Appleberry remained zoned out, still planning things.
Hm... This may be more difficult than I thought... well, perhaps I can work on something that will aid me in managing to get rid of Dorklion and make it look like a silly little accident... but what if Skyfall finds out..? This is all for him, after all... He won't. He's too stupid for that. But once I can find a way to 'accidentally' kill Duskloser, I can convince Fadingsun that Skyfall would be a better deputy; and then things will go just the way I want! he did an evil laugh in his head before just continuing to listen. After a while, he vanished off somewhere. Grimpaw remained in camp, watching and eventually approaching Dusklion. "Should I find a way to dispose of the body?" He asked in a slightly emotionless tone. @taillow @occultation

[open so anyone can go after and watch Appleberry plan and/or gather the parts to his plan...]

Last edited by Goopysharkboi; May 9th, 2024 at 01:40 PM.
Old May 9th, 2024, 02:24 PM
A Heartless Faith

Bump Policy: Every 1-2 days
My Mood: Busy

Berryflare

The she had never felt this emotion quite often ... being scared? Being scared for a clan-mate especially. Why in star-clan was this leader being so foolish. He had as short of a temper as a kit has patience.
[TW?] She watched as the poor cat was gruesomely murdered. Blood everywhere. "What the hell!" She yowled, pain filling her voice. She didn't know her well, but she still felt bad. Any cat surely would ... that was except Fadingsun of course. She looked at him, fury blazing in her eyes. "Murder for words really! You're acting like a kit Fadingsun. Practically torturing your clanmates for a punishment! This clan is falling apart already and your making it worse. You know ... it's all you. All this pain we've had to endure is because of you! In your reality we are the problem, when really it is you. You don't have loyalty to this clan. A true, good leader wouldn't be commanding his deputy to kill a clanmate. You could of just... exiled her or something! Surely murder for a punishment would only be done if the cat themselves killed another."

She took a breather, before continuing, looking at the ground. "I'm done! I'm done with the damn, foolish, hellish clan!" She started breathing heavily, and felt the tears coming. "I'm done and sick and tired of this treatment! Your a horrible leader Fadingsun and I hope you suffer in something worse than dark forest. You don't deserve the respect, or stature you somehow have. Especially because of my apprentice. My poor apprentice doesn't deserve to grow up in a clan as bad as this ... " She growled, starting to making her way towards the camp entrance, her tail flicking with anger. She paused around less than halfway towards it. "Bye Tulippaw..." She meowed before continuing.

/ lol sorry if the first lines of words don't make sense, I wrote this in a rush. @occultation ~ Mention because she is leaving
@chickadee ~ Sorry, abt this, we won't rlly be able to finish the training thread now. Once again, sorry, but Berryflare was already planning to do this and just couldn't wait any longer after this. Also she can come along if you'd like/

Bump Policy: 1-2 days
Characters
Finders

Last edited by PoisonOrchid; May 9th, 2024 at 02:26 PM.
Old May 9th, 2024, 03:14 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

Tulippaw
?/100 || RiverClan || 9 moons || she/her

Tulippaw's ears flattened as she watched Fadingsun and listened to his orders. What a bloody sight, to watch her Clanmate murdered in front of her like this. It just made her yearn for her days back as a kit, when things were so much easier.

She couldn't help but remember that day in the Clearing. Whose body was it? She didn't remember. Did it even matter? Everyone dies at some point. She couldn't tear her green eyes away from the gorey scene that they'd just witnessed. Fogmuzzle. How she'd grown to hate that stupid prefix. Her lips twitched into a scowl as she was torn between horror and shock and some other strange emotions.

Then their was Berryflare. She watched as her mentor stood up against Fadingsun. She was so upset about this whole ordeal. Berryflare seemed so passionate as she yelled out with blazing eyes. Tulippaw just watched with stone cold eyes and a frown.

Her heart dropped as Berryflare announced she was leaving. Was this some type of sick joke?

... No.

Of course. Of course. Of course Berryflare was leaving too.

Fogkit. Hollyflight. Beanfloat. Berryflare. She didn't blame Fogkit. Fogkit was just a little kit. He couldn't help it if he died. He was always tiny and albino, so he wasn't guilty. Not Fogkit. Never Fogkit.

But the other three? They were adults. And their job was to watch over and train Tulippaw. First, her mother. The cat that was supposed to be her caretaker. Then her brother, and mentor. She'd looked up to him with shining eyes. He'd been her rock, and the one cat she could confide in. But he left too. And now Berryflare. And to think, Tulippaw was just starting to warm up.

Alone again.

She refused to cry at a Clan meeting. Not with all the prying eyes, so all that hurt began bubbling up into anger. "How dare you refer to me as "Poor?!" She yowled after her mentor with furious eyes.

"This Clan is my home! Leave if you want, insult this Clan, whatever! But don't call me poor! The only reason I'm a "poor apprentice" is because I keep getting assigned to unloyal, uncaring mentors like you." She snarled.

"Go ahead. Leave." Her eyes were icy as she turned away. She didn't want to cause any drama, but she couldn't just sit there and take it. She scowled as her tail lashed. That was fine. She didn't even like Berryflare that much anyway.

. . .

@PoisonOrchid
- dw about it!!

Last edited by chickadee; May 9th, 2024 at 03:15 PM.