。。 enjoy the fame

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: Cattail Pond

[FONT=""]

MAPLEBIRD
tall battle-scarred calico with a stubby tail and one green eye
Agatha Kitty :: active
[ larkwing // @FrostyGalaxy | yarrowcrest // @silverwynds | sparrowfur // @Roo_! | briarpaw // @jupiter | bumblestar // @dino. ]

Chest heaving as she skids to a stop behind the ginger and white tom, Maplebird catches the quiet murmur exchanged between Yarrowcrest and Larkwing. "I don't wanna fight you either. But what choice do I have? I'm sorry." Instantly she sees him push the thin tortie to the ground, his claws digging into the fish cat's chest. "Yarrowcrest," A deep rumble that only could be describe as a low roar came from the deepest part of the molly's throat. She couldn't let him kill this innocent cat, no matter if she was from an enemy clan or not. Maplebird sought Yarrowcrest's features, finding only worry and conflict etched his face. She couldn't let him do it. "Let her go, innocent blood must not be spilled over Bumblestar's stupid desires." Her one green eye turned to Larkwing on the ground and flicked between her and larkwing's apprentice. "It's best if you two stay put here for a while, until Bumblestar has voiced her decision on whether or not we kill you." They tiniest bit of compassion could be detected in her eye.

It didn't seem the least bit ethical to murder the two cats, yes, Bumbledumble might be a wee bit pissed off, but Larkwing and the other hadn't given a reason Maplebird a reason to want to kill them. Just before she could turn to talk to her former apprentice again, a yellow blur explode from the undergrowth, Bumblestar, and aimed her weight to pin the smaller cat to the ground.

She gave a small smirk to the small leader. "Look who decided to show up."

slowly dipping my toes back in

character hoard

Star fixed the indents here,♡

Last edited by elswhere; August 18th, 2023 at 11:22 AM.
Old August 18th, 2023, 11:31 AM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

<><><><><>

*-Larkwing-*
She/her | 15 moons
A sleek dilute tortie she-cat with green eyes

It seemed her assumption at being overpowered wasn't at all far from the truth. At least she had given this warrior something that wouldn't let him forget her any time soon. That cut had to sting, and, when he had backed off a little, Larkwing couldn't help the satisfied grin that came to her face. The warrior said something, but she didn't listen, the blood was boiling in her ears and blocking out any sound at all, she didn't care what he had to say either. This was her first battle since being made a warrior and she was losing. Though, with the flood happening just the other day, she was the one at a disadvantage.

And so she was overpowered. Easily.

Claws pricked into the flesh on her chest, keeping her pinned on her back, ears laying flat and tail thrashing. She tried to push him off, but she was winded and her sides heaved and she just couldn't find the strength within her to fight. "What are you going to do now, huh?" She wheezed, breath coming in short, "Are you going to kill me, that would be a laugh! Or are you going to take me prisoner? Man," she laughed a little, eyeing his conflicted expression, "you really are all bark and no bite, aren't you?" It was something she might have said as a joke if these two had been friends, teasing words with no malice, but, well, her life and the life of the apprentice with her were on the line here, so she couldn't exactly joke with this cat like she would a friend.

Another cat showed up now, a wicked tall calico, and she spoke, telling Larkwing to stay put, that they hadn't done anything yet to warrant their deaths. Larkwing was certain that wouldn't matter to their great and mighty leader. If Bumblestar wanted to kill two RiverClan cats just because they were in their own territory she planned to steal from beneath their tired and flood-worn paws, Larkwing held no illusions that she wouldn't do just that. She aimed a hiss at Maplebird in answer to the molly's words.

And then even more just kept. Happening. Bumblestar was running down Briarpaw. If Larkwing could guess, the ThunderClan leader would more than likely kill the young cat with no hesitation, not caring that she was only an apprentice, not caring that she had a family who loved her and friends who cared about her. Not caring, and probably reveling in the fact that she could disrupt RiverClan so much. If Larkwing died here, which she honestly expected to happen, she was going to go down fighting for Briarpaw's escape no matter how hard she would have to fight.

Twisting under the warrior pinning her down, she hissed ands spat, riding the high of adrenalin to give her strength. Rearing up slightly, she aimed her mouth at one of Yarrowcrest's legs and bit down, hard hoping against all hope that it would be enough to distract him and weaken his grasp on her so she could spring up and protect the apprentice. Bumblestar would kill her if they fought. She had lives to lose. Larkwing didn't.

<><><><><>

yarrowcrest @silverwynds || briarpaw @jupiter || bumblestar @dino. || maplebird @saturn.

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Old August 18th, 2023, 11:38 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Briarpaw

Larkwing was sprinting off in front of her, and Bri turned tailed and ran the second the warrior did, tail lashing as she ran after the warrior. Short, panicked breaths came from the apprentice as she heard Larkwing cry out for her to run as the warrior was pulled back. Every instinct screamed for Briar to turn and help, but she could only realistically help by getting back to RiverClan.

She heard someone yell for some cat named Sparrowfur to get her, and through the pounding headache, she felt terror rip through her. But the cat didn't come, and for a moment she thought that she was safe, she heard someone behind her. Seconds later, weight hit her side and she crashed into the grass with a soft gasp and snarled curse. Pushing herself to her paws, she made another mad dash for the place she and Larkwing came from. If she wasn't attacked or interrupted, she would run to the rugged range as fast as physically possibly.

"Asshole." She spat at her attacker over her shoulder as she fled. Praying that Larkwing would survive while she attempted to get help.

// @FrostyGalaxy @dino.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old August 18th, 2023, 12:08 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Bored

yarrowcrest // he/him / 17 moons
purrks active: mind reader

---

Stars above that hurt! Gasping in pain, he takes the bite like a champ, even if the teeth sinking into his skin burns something fierce. Instinctively he swipes at the other warriors' face in retaliation and the immediate look of regret that paints onto his features is almost pitiful to look at. Tears stung at the corners of his eyes, her words biting him even worse than the injury to his leg. She was right-- he was all bark and no bite. He didn't want this. Never wanted this. The comforting words of his mentor draw his attention, head turning in her direction as he takes what she has to say into account. And after a panicked look at Bumblestar in the distance, chasing down the escaping apprentice, he released Larkwing, backing up with a limp to stand beside Maplebird.

Gritting his teeth as he endures the pain, he offers a polite bow of his head to the tortie, glaring at the ground as he speaks.

"I'm sorry. I let panic take over my ideals." He admits, slowly allowing his gaze to settle upon her once more. The scratch to her face is horrifying to him-- he did that. It was a reflex but he still injured another innocent cat. It would sit heavily on his conscience later for sure. "I know you won't forgive me, or even care for my apology, but I do offer my deepest regrets. Please stay safe."

Having spoken his peace, he retreats a bit, warily keeping an eye on the molly in case she decides she wasn't done with him. The stinging in his ear was beginning to give him a headache. But it wasn't half as painful as the throbbing from the bite wound punctured deep into the skin of his leg. Despite these injuries, he held no malice towards Larkwing. She was simply doing what she had to in order to survive. Self defense wasn't her fault. It was he who attacked first, after all. Pained expression turning to Maplebird, he bowed his head to her as well.

"Thank you for bringing me to my senses."

maplebird // @saturn. | larkwing // @FrostyGalaxy

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Rose stopped by to plant a garden here.
Old August 18th, 2023, 12:13 PM
fresh outta mercy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Briarpaw hit the ground and then kept on running. Bumblestar skidded to a halt, staring after the apprentice as she bolted off into the dark. No point in chasing after her now, not in territory she didn't know how to navigate, especially not in the middle of the night. Running her tongue over her jaws, she glanced back to Maplebird as the she-cat addressed her, and then looked over at Yarrowcrest and Larkwing.

A snort. "Let 'em go." No, this was better than just straight up murdering two cats. Not that she wanted that sort of blood on her claws, anyway. Not now, at least. "Let 'em run back to camp. Don't waste your time or energy." It was more fun that way. And maybe Beanstar would actually show his face.

Her attention was trained on the RiverClanner still present, ears twitching.
[ @silverwynds @jupiter @FrostyGalaxy @saturn. ]
Old August 18th, 2023, 12:41 PM
。。 enjoy the fame

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Blah

MAPLEBIRD
tall battle-scarred calico with a stubby tail and one green eye
Agatha Kitty :: active
[ larkwing // @FrostyGalaxy | yarrowcrest // @silverwynds | sparrowfur // @Roo_! | briarpaw // @jupiter | bumblestar // @dino. ]

At Bumblestar's remark, Maplebird raised her catbrow. Didn't seem to typical of the smol leader but, eh, whatever. Yarrowcrest had received a hefty bite to his front leg and was limping defeatedly back to the side of Maplebird, who thanked her for give him some sense. "I was sure if I didn't you woulda been ripped to shreds." A lick on his head was all she gave him to reassure the cat that she wasn't mad at him. "You did the right thing, in my eyes at least."

After she had addressed Yarrowcrest, she turned her attention to Bumblestar, who mildly annoyed that Larkwing was still standing there.

slowly dipping my toes back in

character hoard

Star fixed the indents here,♡
Old August 18th, 2023, 01:28 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Briarpaw

"It's best if you two stay put here for a while, until Bumblestar has voiced her decision on whether or not we kill you." The injured apprentice heard the warrior speaking, but chose to blatantly ignore her, her heart leaping into her throat. Larkwing, I don't know what to do. But she was unsure if the ThunderClanner- who she quickly recognized as the leader- was chasing her, along with Sparrowwhatever who was supposed to be trying to stop her, so instead the molly blinked past her raging headache and aching wounds from the earlier WindClan battle, and sprinted for Rugged Range, praying that she was only being followed by Larkwing.

[ @dino. @FrostyGalaxy @/everyone else - briarpaw has gone to rugged range to report this! ]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old August 18th, 2023, 01:51 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

<><><><><>

*-Larkwing-*
She/her | 15 moons
A sleek dilute tortie she-cat with green eyes

Pain across her face and blood in her mouth were the most prominent feelings Larkwing could distinguish right now, but she managed to free herself from the enemy on top of her... or had he let her go? Her brain was fuzzy and she couldn't really think clearly. The burst of adrenaline that had given her the strength there for the moment was all but gone. Bumblestar was speaking, about letting Briarpaw go or both of them? Somehow Larkwing felt that maybe the ThunderClan leader had only meant for the apprentice to escape. What would she do with her? Hold her hostage? Kill her in front of her clan once they finally arrived? Use her corpse as an example of what was to come should any of her clan - her friends, her [I]family[/] - decide to fight back?

She had no idea honestly of Bumblestar's temperament or how far she was willing to go, but she didn't want to risk it. Sides heaving with effort, blood dripping into her eye, back leg stinging from the first wound of this skirmish, Larkwing managed to push herself to standing. Not willing to pass this opportunity up, she gathered all her weary strength she had left and bolted as fast as she possibly could away, heading at first in the direction of their flooded camp, mostly out of habit, but hopefully, hopefully, if she was allowed this escape it would convince Bumblestar that the camp was fully intact, that her clan was as strong as ever and they'd be there as backup at any moment. Hopefully... if StarClan allowed her this escape.
{assuming no one stops her, Larkwing is headed for Rugged Range <3 }

<><><><><>

bumblestar - @dino. || yarrowcrest - @silverwynds

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Old August 18th, 2023, 08:17 PM
I am a real person.

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Psychedelic

Fawnpaw

Fawnpaw looked around as some cats fought. She was scared but excited with the quick movements. Fawnpaw snapped out of her excited stage and weaved around warriors and apprentices, trying to find her leader or mentor. She stepped over a stick she was about to trip on.

@dino. (Bumblestar) @The Doctor (Nightgaze)

My characters thoughts and actions are not my own. They are simply roleplay characters and reflect nothing of my person and who I am.

Pronouns page

Last edited by ChaosBringer.; August 18th, 2023 at 08:17 PM.
Old August 18th, 2023, 08:24 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Bored

yarrowcrest // he/him // 17 moons
purrks active: mind reader

---

The reassurance means more than Maplebird could ever know. Sticking to his morals meant more to him than most anything else. If he abandoned them... Then it would go against anything he stood for. Breathing through clenched teeth, he offers the large calico another polite bow of his head before slowly returning to his mate's side. Pressing against her weight to keep himself propped up, he gingerly begins locking at the wound on his leg.

sparrowfur // @Roo_! | maplebird // @saturn.
[ #fire ]

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Rose stopped by to plant a garden here.