by alec
Last post by finley !!
Today 10:49 PM
3v1 Raid Partner Finder
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 10:47 PM

Old April 13th, 2024, 04:56 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: RiverClan Floodstone

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 16 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

The warrior had expected chaos the moment he laid eyes on Fadingsun on the floodstone, what he didn't expect was for most of it to be caused by Rainpaw. Seabreeze wasn't sure what he thought of the outburst. The apprentice was acting as though Birdsnow was announced dead when she was only stepping down for the betterment of herself, so that she could get better. He got his paws for a moment to rush over to help but others already flooded in and he decided that he would be unnecessary and in the way so he sat back down, keeping an ear out for any other shouts of something that was needed or anything of that sort but he turned his gaze back to the leader.

Seabreeze's eyes shot from Birdsnow and her condition to Fadingsun as his new leader, because that was what he was going to announce likely, as he began to speak. Sure enough, he explained Birdsnow's stepping down and the warrior found himself nodding along with the reasoning, the previous leader wasn't able to be what Riverclan needs and it was honorable of her to recognize that instead of dragging down Riverclan trying to keep going. The respect that Seabreeze had for Birdsnow only grew when Fadingsun continued with the fact that she was staying in the camp as a warrior. That was already proving this switch to at least be a bit better than the last few, Birdsnow still cared for Riverclan and that would help, at least he thinks it will. It helps him feel better than losing a leader to death or to them running away. He shook his fur and settled his eyes on the new leader as he continued.

Then came to the bottom of most of Riverclan's issues, addressing respect and the lack of it in the clan. Seabreeze never understood why so many of his clan mates blamed their leaders and deputies and medicine cats when in the end its their own fighting and bickering that caused the rifts. Leaders and deputies can't control how cats behave in the end. The punishment was laid out clearly and it was one that was well needed. He gave a brief nod while staring up at Fadingsun, he wasn't sure if the other was nervous at all, he didn't seem to be but Seabreeze wanted to show his support in the little things as much as he did around camp.

Then news of Lionhearts. It was something that still didn't feel real even as his new leader spoke the words confirming it. Seabreeze was now a Lionheart and that meant- Immediately shouts aimed at his leader and his past one were made and it's time to use his new rank it seems. Owltalon already beat him to the loudest, Redmire. That was immediately going against what Fadingsun just said. Owltalon didn't inform Redmire that she was going to be excused and unwelcome from the meeting, though that made sense, Seabreeze wasn't sure if he felt ready to throw out orders yet until he got use to his new rank a bit more. Should he step in as well? That seems overkill, but what was expected of him? Owltalon seems to have a handle on things so the newly named Lionheart. Then came Adderpaw's yowling, which was well meaning yes, but was it going, once more, against what Fadingsun just said, yes. Or at least, that was what Seabreeze had interpreted the new rules.

He got to his paws and walked over to the apprentice and gave her an awkward purred greeting, Adderpaw was one of the first cats that he had talked to after his distancing, and he knew her yelling was done with good intentions. "I am sure Fadingsun will appreciate the willingness, just try not to yell out during a meeting, let him know afterwards." He spoke gently with a light smile, hoping to show that there was no hard feelings about it and that it was simply trying to get things organized again. His blue eyes left the apprentice and he turned back to Fadingsun for a flicker, hopefully he wasn't overstepping but any yelling would cause more to follow even well intentioned yelling. Then he turned his attention to the crowd, watching for other trouble markers that thought they should break rules the moment they were laid out. He kept an ear on Fadingsun all the while. He really hopes that he didn't overstep, he wasn't sure what was fully expected of him and what he could and shouldn't do.

Anxiety welled up but he squashed it as much as he could, Seabreeze didn't need to be riddled with anxiety right now, he needed to be focused.
[ @Fish - Adderpaw ]
[ Hope this is fine, I won’t post again until next Fading post to not clog up things ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!

Last edited by Dolomedes; April 13th, 2024 at 05:08 PM.
Old April 13th, 2024, 05:02 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty ACTIVE!

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

She honestly didn't think things could get so messy so fast. What was this piece of crowfood talking about anyways? Are you kidding?

Owltalon shot the warrior a glare, though they were acting much like a kittypet. All Fadingsun wanted was a peaceful meeting, and even that seemed to be too much for this bag of filth.

"You're pulling my tail, right?" She barked, taking a step closer to the warrior. She kept her tone even but it hitched at the edge of each word. She wouldn't of been so angry if she wasn't shocked. How could someone say that? "Birdsnow worked until she couldn't work any longer, she delt with fleabags like you constantly," she snarled. "Birdsnow is staying. If that's what our leader wants, that's what's gonna happen."

Her gaze darted over to Fadingsun. She hoped, prayed even, that she was handling the situation well. She didn't want her first action as a Lionheart to be one to bring shame on her or her clanmates. To insure she wasn't overstepping, she didn't murmur another word. Until she knew exactly the do's and don'ts, tearing this cat apart wasn't on the table.

The amount of stupid flowing out of this cat's mouth, newly named Lionheart or not, was incomprehensible. Redmire's hackles rose and she bared her teeth, rising quickly to her full height.

"Did your mother drop you on your head as a child?" she sneered. "Or are you just so blind to everything around you that you can't understand what's been happening? Birdsnow did nothing for us. Anyone who thinks she actually deserves a place here automatically loses every last ounce of respect from me. My respect is earned, not automatically given. So I don't care if he's the leader - hell, I wouldn't care if he was a StarClan cat descending from Silverpelt itself to tell me off! - he doesn't get to decide what I think about things, and neither do you."

[ won't be posting again after this till occ does as to not clog things o/ ]

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old April 13th, 2024, 05:07 PM
Why bother?

My Mood: Inspired

Sweetsong
-------------

Just seeing Birdsnow...her heart dropped in her chest. How had Birdsnow gotten so sick? Oh the poor dear...she was only half-listening to Fadingsun, unable to take her eyes off of Birdsnow. Something about causing arguments during meetings...yes she did privately agree that a lack of discretion, patience and self-control was a rampant issue. Cats were too bold and open with their thoughts...and many lacked respect.

She turned her head to the announcement of the Lionhearts, and she smiled pensively, tapping her paws on the ground in a sort of drumming motion to 'voice' her approval. But she gasped audibly at Redmire's words, but the new Lionheart Owltalon was speaking to them. Sweetsong lowered her gaze again. She wanted to speak. But Fadingsun had shut down any possible defense she could give for Birdsnow. It wasn't right. But what could she do? Fadingsun didn't even like her, from what she could tell....

--------------------

Starlingflight
---------------

She listened to the new leader's speech. After declaring her loyalty to Birdsnow, where she had been promptly yelled at, she chose to keep her mouth shut this time. But her eye was resting on Talonpaw, watching in case she needed to...step in.

@Ian (Talonpaw mention)
Old April 13th, 2024, 05:12 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Dusklion - RiverClan Head Lionheart
She/her | 27 moons | Go with the Flow, Beefed Up T3, Rapid Recovery, Shadow Fiend
She was prepared for it. Had been, the second she heard the news that her brother would be ascending to the throne. Dusklion stood, rolling her shoulders back, and turned. Calm as a greenleaf breeze. She fixed both cats with a glare and stalked towards them. Redmire was competent, and the smaller tabby agreed with most of what she said. It wasn't her idea to keep Birdsnow in the Clan, and if she wasn't as frail as she was she would be the one dragging her out.

"OI!"

This was enough. "Redmire, I get your frustrations. I share them, I do. But dammit, there are better ways to give your opinion other than shoutin' them at a meetin' - believe me, I know." She respected this cat, she did; it would be a pity to have her be the first dragged out. Her gaze them shifted to Owltalon. While she could commend the courage to stand up, there were a few things wrong. "Birdsnow did nothin' but sit in her den while the rest of us worked. Far as I'm concerned, Fades takin' over is a good thing, considerin' he's done far more than she has." She knew her words might hurt Birds, but at this moment she couldn't find it in herself to care.

"I don't care about either of your opinions right now. Right now, we should be congratulatin' those who have worked hard for the Clan - Seabreeze 'n Owltalon. So shut it, or I'll drag you outta this meetin' with my claws so help me the stars above."

Her glare remained on both the newly named Lionheart and Redmire. She wanted one of them to test her. Really, she did. That was her brother up there, and she'd be damned if she let this Clan walk over him.

[ @dino. @Marigoldwhisper ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old April 13th, 2024, 05:16 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Doh

Stagheart had padded out of the warrior's den, peering up the Floodstone. So it had been Fadingsun's voice, after all. He sat on his own but somewhat near Starlingflight, giving her a nod of greeting. She'd always been a loyal warrior like him, true to their leaders — though he often didn't say much around other warriors, he showed his respect in small ways such as this.

Then he turned his attention to Fading's words. His eyes widened when he saw Birdsnow — great StarClan, she looked sick. A poor shell of the strong warrior that had leapt onto that Floodstone not too long ago. He dipped his head in sorrowful respect — it was troubling news, but he was glad Fadingsun seemed determined to give Birdsnow the respect she deserved...

...and then yelling started to break out. He let out a quiet sigh — there was never a peaceful meeting here, was there? He peered at Fadingsun, waiting to see what their new leader would say. At the very least, they had two new Lionhearts named — Seabreeze and Owltalon. He didn't know either of them very well, but nodded a congratulations to them.

But Redmire's words permeated the air followed by Dusklion's, cutting through any possible celebration. At least the Head Lionheart was defending them. He twitched his ears against the yowling and watched, blue eyes flashing with an unreadable emotion.

Berrypaw slunk out of the apprentice's den at Fadingsun's call. She trotted over to Stagheart — she hadn't gotten to see him much recently. Supposed that inevitably came with apprentice duties, but she missed him. He was the only thing like family to her.

"Deputies don't usually call meetings, do they?" She mewed innocently to Stagheart. He silently shook his head, so she fell silent again. A tiny gasp escaped her mouth when she saw Birdsnow's state — stars, how was she still standing? Her poor leader! Couldn't anyone help her?

Well... former leader, she supposed, based on Fading's next words. That's when the shouting started. Berrypaw flattened her ears and lowered herself towards the ground, an instinctive response to the tension and anger-scent filling the air. Almost like a defensive position. She didn't like yelling... why were these meetings always full of yelling?

/ @Tiabirb [for brief Starling mention at the beginning, no need to have her react since it was from earlier in the meeting <3]

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Last edited by squidz; April 13th, 2024 at 05:17 PM.
Old April 13th, 2024, 05:26 PM
HIT EM W THE B B B BEAM!!

Bump Policy: Idrc anytime
My Mood: Spooky

Blizzardpaw nodded. She was quite sad Birdsnow was stepping down, but she'd rather have Bird retire as a leader than die as one. She was also quite happy that Fadingsun(Star) was enforcing the rules. Maybe Riverclan would change. But, she also wondered what happened to her mentor, Reedshine. Did he go missing? She didn't remember seeing him after the battle. His death wasn't announced at one of the meetings either. She would ask Birdsnow or Fadingsun later.

But, What made her tail tie in a twist was the fact everyone was shouting and screaming already. Do they even understand how leadership works? Sure Birdsnow wasn't the best of the best, but she was only a deputy for a little while before randomly being thrown into Leadership! Being in control of a load of cats was hard, and the fact people fail to realize this is absurd. How would they like it if they were thrown into leadership? And everyone always wonders why leaders are stepping down or hiding in their dens. This is chaos. Someone says something they don't agree with, and they start screaming and fighting like kits! No, In fact, the kits are more respectable than this. Isn't a clan about teamwork? Didn't fadingsun just say 'Do not yell at meetings' isn't the Leader's word law? Do people just ignore the Warrior code now?

Blizzardpaw kept her angry thoughts to herself. Staring at birdsnow with a hopeful glance. "Well, I think Birdsnow should stay. Sure, she wasn't the best. But she tried. She tried her best. She doesn't have to be perfect, nobody does. So I really hope Birdsnow feels better and I hope she decides to stay. " She half prayed to Starclan that she didn't sound stupid.

Now, onto the more important stuff. Time to cheer for the new lionhearts. "Congrats, Seabreeze and Owltalon! I'm sure you'll both do great!" She now turned her gaze towards the two Lionhearts. A bright smile on her face.

@Dino (You don't have to respond, just know she is mostly reacting to your character.)

|Riverclan apprentice| Agatha kitty, Lyebirds lullaby, Silver tongue|.

݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁|I do not support/share my character's Actions/emotions unless said otherwise.|. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁

Last edited by Spookez.; April 13th, 2024 at 06:19 PM.
Old April 13th, 2024, 05:35 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

A hit and a miss. A horrible miss actually.

Owltalon dipped her head respectfully and sat back down. The head Lionheart had spoken, so there was nothing else she could say or do.

She let her matted fur lay flat (or as flat as it could) on her back as she settled down into a sit. Well, what had she learned today? A few things actually, a few noteworthy things. If only she had something better than a small corner of her brain to keep track of all her thoughts and findings, maybe then she'd be a bit more knowledgeable.

Was she embarrassed? Stars, yes. She'd miscalculated horribly, but she felt that saying something was far better than just sitting there as if she had no authority to change the situation. Until she really found her footing though, it was apparent she'd just have to hold her tongue.

Alright, she could do that. Now, she had to listen, and listen well. She pricked her ears towards the Floodstone and waited.

Tags: @taillow
@dino. (neither of you have to respond! I just wanted owl to do a thing :3)

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old April 13th, 2024, 06:18 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Lurking

When Fallenwish heard Fadingsun call the meeting, she knew something was up. Que- Birdsnow wasn't leader anymore. Her queen had stopped helping her clan. Fallenwish should have felt betrayed. She should have felt abandoned. But she shouldn't and didn't, because she was taking care of herself.

She didn't want to be stupid, so she wasn't sure why she had thought those first thoughts. But she didn't feel any different when Birdsnow had been announced to step down. Did she really trust her queen as much as she had convinced herself she did? Was she just trying to convince herself that she was hope for the clan?

Whatever. It was a meeting. But she couldn't stop looking at Birdsnow and thinking, I have to cure her, but that was up to Marigoldleap, not her. She could never be a medicine cat unless something changed drastically with her Starclan magic power foresight wisdom or whatever.

She looked at the now enforcers. They were good choices. Then she returned to her thoughts.

Riverclan was like a pelt the shed stability constantly with not tire. They'd be stuck with a leader that last, like, three days and boom, new one. Maybe she was wrong, but as an animal, she clung to a pattern. It was an educated guess. She was being logical, right?

She was wrong. Patterns could stop.

"Hi, Redmire. Do you want to build up again? Because I'm pretty sure no one appreciates what you're doing right now." She said.
[ @dino. - woops forgot to add this part ]

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3
Tracker
[/COLOR]

Last edited by Aolani; April 13th, 2024 at 07:13 PM.
Old April 13th, 2024, 06:36 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Eaglepaw
RiverClan
she/her | 7 moons | 14/100
[Golden and white tuxedo tabby with green eyes]
Purrks: Dreamwalker, HK T2
· · ────────────── · ·
[Redmire mention - @dino. ] [Seabreeze - @Dolomedes ] [Owltalon - @Marigoldwhisper ] [Dusklion mention - @taillow ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Ah yes, chaos. Eaglepaw both loved and hated this clan with every fiber of her being. Cats like Fadingsun, like Owltalon and Seabreeze--Eaglepaw shot both of the new Lionhearts a BIG grin as congratulations--who worked hard and rarely complained, that actually did something useful for the clan instead of tearing each other apart. They were the reason she loved being in a clan.

Then... the reasons she wished the eagle had eaten her when she was a baby began to chime in, completely ignoring Fadingsun's orders. Only these morons would kick a cat while they were down. She wondered if every clan had arseholes like these clowns, or if RiverClan was just broken.

First. Redmire. StarClan on a stick, this molly had serious bees for brains and only Fadingsun's wishes that the clan didn't interrupt like a bunch of hooligans kept Eaglepaw's voice quiet. "Oh please," the apprentice muttered quietly, rolling her eyes. "'S not like anyone wants your respect anyway." She cast a sidelong glance at Birdsnow, noticing the emaciated cat's silence. Sure, she hadn't really been there in the time since Larkstar's disappearance. Hadn't really done much. But the former leader hadn't even had time to go to the Starcave, for crying out loud! She had been so busy dealing with a clan of ungrateful ingrates that she had gotten sick from it.

Just like Tansypaw. Just like Larkstar.

Eaglepaw felt her sharp claws dig into the dirt. They needed more order around here. It was time for RiverClan to address not only the threats from outside its walls, but inside as well. Dusklion's words frustrated the apprentice. Just when Eaglepaw was starting to think she was a reasonable cat, the warrior managed to disappoint her. She had defended Birdsnow with her life up until now. Why was she suddenly agreeing with cats calling for her exile? Dusklion had a habit of turning on cats the moment their usefulness was up, it seemed. Eaglepaw made a note of that and looked up at Fadingsun, waiting for him to continue.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~

Last edited by Mica; April 13th, 2024 at 06:43 PM.
Old April 13th, 2024, 06:56 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookez. View Post
Blizzardpaw nodded. She was quite sad Birdsnow was stepping down, but she'd rather have Bird retire as a leader than die as one. She was also quite happy that Fadingsun(Star) was enforcing the rules. Maybe Riverclan would change. But, she also wondered what happened to her mentor, Reedshine. Did he go missing? She didn't remember seeing him after the battle. His death wasn't announced at one of the meetings either. She would ask Birdsnow or Fadingsun later.

But, What made her tail tie in a twist was the fact everyone was shouting and screaming already. Do they even understand how leadership works? Sure Birdsnow wasn't the best of the best, but she was only a deputy for a little while before randomly being thrown into Leadership! Being in control of a load of cats was hard, and the fact people fail to realize this is absurd. How would they like it if they were thrown into leadership? And everyone always wonders why leaders are stepping down or hiding in their dens. This is chaos. Someone says something they don't agree with, and they start screaming and fighting like kits! No, In fact, the kits are more respectable than this. Isn't a clan about teamwork? Didn't fadingsun just say 'Do not yell at meetings' isn't the Leader's word law? Do people just ignore the Warrior code now?

Blizzardpaw kept her angry thoughts to herself. Staring at birdsnow with a hopeful glance. "Well, I think Birdsnow should stay. Sure, she wasn't the best. But she tried. She tried her best. She doesn't have to be perfect, nobody does. So I really hope Birdsnow feels better and I hope she decides to stay. " She half prayed to Starclan that she didn't sound stupid.

Now, onto the more important stuff. Time to cheer for the new lionhearts. "Congrats, Seabreeze and Owltalon! I'm sure you'll both do great!" She now turned her gaze towards the two Lionhearts. A bright smile on her face.

@Dino (You don't have to respond, just know she is mostly reacting to your character.)

|Riverclan apprentice| Agatha kitty, Lyebirds lullaby, Silver tongue|.

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Owltalon shot the apprentice a toothy smile of appreciation. "Thank you for the kind words, Blizzardpaw. It's honestly still so unreal to me." She gave the cat a slow nod of mutual respect before turning her gaze back at the Floodstone. She wondered what else would be announced, wondered if things would go farther downhill. No, that was a horrible way of thinking. Optimism was what she needed right now, perhaps the whole clan as well.

Even if the meeting ended in chaos as it usually did, at least Fadingsun got to say some words of value. That was what's really important, right? Now, what she had to do was do her part and stay as quiet as humanly possible.

She did appreciate and agree with Blizzardpaw's words, even if opinions shouldn't be discussed at meetings... But Owltalon didn't have the dignity to scold the young cat as she had done the same thing seconds prior to defend their former leader. Owltalon would only show her agreeance after the meeting, that would be far better and would most likely benefit the rest of the meeting. They didn't need any more screeching, from her or any other cat.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!