Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Warriors' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by goodacacia
Today 11:25 AM
ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by Mica
Today 11:16 AM
LF: wolf art
by BEAR.
Last post by burntToast
Today 11:14 AM
i want to know what love...
by Aroogi
Last post by Aroogi
Today 11:14 AM
Fading's first search party
Last post by Blaaze
Today 11:12 AM
Closed Thread

Old January 29th, 2024, 09:40 AM
Simply a guy

Bump Policy: once every 5 days - 2 if time sensitive
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: RiverClan Floodstone

Fishfreckle

Go With the Flow | Silver Tongue [Perm]

Irritating.

The whole clan was irritating.

Fishfreckle cared not what happened to Larkwing, nor did he care about Tansywhatsit, their matters were their own, and disappearances were not his issue. He was getting ready to tell his former mentor as much when Birdsnow began speaking. He had to admit it, he liked that she was taking charge – a sharp contrast to what he thought of her and the beginning of their former leader’s leadership. Good for her.

That was all fine and dandy, however, there was something that he could absolutely not excuse, and that was badmouthing Cherryswirl. Of course, he agreed that wasting energy and effort ot search for the missing leader and medicine cat was not a smart idea, but openly dissing her for her inaction? That was too much. Only he was allowed to tell Cherryswirl that she was being a lazy fool, so if he hadn’t said it, then he knew for damn sure that nothing along those lines should be leaving anyone else’s mouth.

”A search is pointless.” He muttered softly to the ginger tabby, and then in a bit more irritated tone he snarled out ”And don’t you dare apologize to these fools.” Fishfreckle was furious. He had been being good, not starting any trouble, and outside of telling Bumblebrat to get the hell out of his clan, he had been relatively chill. That was all ending now. Standing up to his full short height, he fixed a cold stare on Fadingsun, ignoring any potential stare or words from the warrior next to him and marched right on up to the other tom so that he was directly in front of him.

Unbridled rage warped his features as he took a brief moment to try and control his temper. It wasn’t successful. He had to admit it, for the most part, Fadingsun had a good point. In many ways, his short speech mirrored his own from a few moons ago. That’s where his admission ended though. In his eyes, Fadingsun had gone too far with his assessment of the she-cat he’d grown close to and he was not going to allow any further slander to go out unchecked.

”Shut the hell up.”

It was four simple words, but he basically spat them at the other tom. ”Sure, you’re right about a lot of things, I myself yelled at this lot of idiots two meetings ago when I received my name.” He scanned the surrounding cats as if daring them to argue before continuing ”However, you’re not going to badmouth Cherryswirl like that.” Closing his eyes, he drew a deep breath and stopped the tremors that he hadn’t realized started. Opening his eyes, he refocused on the tom with a look of cool defiance. ”Sure she has been slacking lately, I’ll admit it, and she has. However, it is not the job of a Lionheart to monitor what everyone says about who. Sure, Tansypaw being bullied was unfortunate, however, Larkwing was an adult. If she can’t handle someone being a little mean to her then she wasn’t fit for the position to begin with.” He sneered at the other tom, dissatisfied that he had even suggested such a ridiculous point ”’Boohoo, whatevertheirname is being a bit mean to me! Whatever will I do??’ Like c’mon get over yourself. It’s a kittypet mentality to expect punishment to be dolled because someone said a couple of mean words.” Ugh, he hated the fact that that was even brought up. Seriously, if someone can’t handle a couple of words thrown their way, then they were little more than a kit that still needed milk from their mother.

”Additionally, I’ll insult who the hell I want and there ain’t a damn thing you can do about it. If I think someone is incompetent, you best believe I’ll call them on it, leader or not. Larkwing was a pathetic leader when she first started, however, I’m willing to dismiss that as inexperience as she started improving and I was very satisfied with how she was handling things as of late. However, Tansypaw’s behavior was appalling. Openly stating she will refuse to treat our clanmates in front of an enemy leader, going through with that – though understandable, destroying and taking herbs, and then leaving. I say good riddance. If she was so willing to destroy the clan that I call my home over a few words, then she deserves to rot.” He said spitting to the side.

His final words on the matter ”Now I’m not disagreeing with what you say, but what we need is strong and loyal cats looking after our clan, not a bunch of babies who can’t keep their emotions in check.” He then smiled slyly before adding ”So tell me Fadingsun. Are you going to be a baby, or are you going to help make sure the rest of the clan gets their ass in order and quit whining about those who were too weak to push us forward?”

[I’m too lazy to read everything, so I’m only mentioning those that Fish is directly involved with @Dust @Cherry~ @tallulah for the memes]

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old January 29th, 2024, 10:14 AM
Engaged to Moonraven

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Talonpaw
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

Empty promises. Talonpaw expected nothing less, and yet the Clan was eating out of Birdsnow's paw. It was no wonder RiverClan had practically destroyed itself if this was the attitude everyone had. Disgusting.

And one of the supposed Lionheart's wanted to send a patrol to look for the missing High Ranks. Of course, because they were sooooo important and the rest of RiverClan was just crowfood. Where was the patrol when he had left camp?! If it wasn't for Whitesnake happening upon him when she was out his body probably never would have been found.

And so, Cherryswirl became the first target of his rage because he had been ignored for the last time. Talonpaw couldn't take it anymore. No matter what he said or did, he was always ignored. Always brushed over, and for what?! Because of his age? Because Skystar and Snowleap didn't do anything about Snakeheart?! No one would believe him if he spoke up now, so he had kept it bottled up, and now it was going to explode.

"A patrol for the High Ranks, huh? Why are they more important than the kits and apprentices who go missing? Where are the patrols for them?! Good riddance, RiverClan is better off without the both of them. And maybe they'd be better off without you too."

Talonpaw's fur was bristling at this point as he stood, each word spat harshly and without a hint of remorse. And now that he had started, Talonpaw wasn't going to stop. He couldn't stop, even if he wanted to.

"And you two!" Talonpaw snarled, turning his tornado of fury from Cherryswirl toward the two bickering warriors. "I don't know who the hell either of you are, but you sure as hell aren't doing mouse-dung to help RiverClan. Eating the words right of Birdsnow's paws. The same stars-damned words the past five leaders said. She's no different, making empty promises about how she'll get RiverClan back on track. And for all your talk about emotions you sure seem to think your friend over there can't handle herself. You're just like the rest of the adults, only defending those you care about even when they're rightfully called out on their stupidity."

Did they think no one noticed? That only the young cats who had parents, siblings, or managed to make friends with a warrior were cared about while the others were just tossed aside like rotten piece of prey.

"And I'm sure the rest of you will just prove my point, yowling about how Birdsnow is different, how she's good for the Clan, how we have to respect her. If you want to respect a cat who became an apprentice under Kestrelstar and apparently only recently became a warrior who is now leader, then you're all out of your damn minds. No wonder the other Clans walk all over us when no one has a spine. Respect is earned, not given, and Birdsnow sure as hell has only proved she doesn't have what it takes to be a Clan cat with how long it took her to become a warrior. We might as well invite ThunderClan back into our camp and let them slaughter us all, because that's exactly what's gonna happen anyway with her up there."

@Dust @Dark @Cherry~ @/poppy @/anyone else
Old January 29th, 2024, 10:14 AM
Why bother?

My Mood: Inspired

Starlingflight
58 Moons
She/Her
-------------------

The collapse of RiverClan. Or rather, the aftermath of its collapse. And where had she been? Just a working bee. Blind, deaf and dumb to the chaos and conflict. Find prey. Feed Clan. Mark borders. Protect Clan.

It was monotonous, but it was safer than...having any level of feelings these days. Any emotion. Dull yellow eyes stared at nothing, pelt ruffled and unkempt from days lacking any desire to take care of it. The same old sounds of everyone yowling at each other, making jabs...it all fell into one ear and out of the other. This was no Clan any longer.

But then a cat spoke up. Fish...freckle? An odd name. Her gaze began to sharpen and clear however, as the freckly fish-cat spoke fervently. Even..passionately? About the state of the Clan. It was like a fresh rain, clearing away the toxicity around them. Okay, maybe that was a bit much, but she heaved herself to her paws, listening more attentively.

Lark and Tansy were gone, leaving RiverClan in ruins, and with Birdsnow to pick up the pieces. And that was when she spoke for the first time, her voice grave and serious.
"With all due respect, Birdsnow...can we afford to wait even a week? I for one wish to see RiverClan back to it's true strength and former glory, but to do that...I only suggest that correcting the problems, such as our horrific lack of spiritual guidance and connection to our warrior ancestors, our empty herb stores and training schedules...for example, would be more easily accepted if they were prioritized. There hasn't been a priority in the Clan for...a long time that wasn't...driven by someone's personal affect." She paused, hesitating.

"And...with that same respect, I agree with Fishfreckle on many points. Searching is fruitless. We cannot force them to come back even if they live. But we can take this as a lesson of how NOT to treat the cats who are here to serve our Clan. We can learn from this, and I too believe that cats should learn respect, especially if they are already warriors. Lark and Tansy did their best, but the odds..well they seem pretty stacked against them from simple observation. You have my support, Birdsnow, and to even say that makes me sick. A true clan cat should never have to affirm their loyalty to their Clan, to their leader..."

Her eyes fell to the ground, a surge of shame and anger rising within her chest. Starlingflight forced herself to sit, staring at the ground as the same dull glaze formed back over her eyes...she had gone back into her shell.

@poppy
Old January 29th, 2024, 10:16 AM
Dabi Obsessed

Bump Policy: "Burn Like Kindle For My Flames" - Dabi
My Mood: Lonely

Cocoonwillow
~Fox~
Fox/She/Her
Silver Tongue Purrk

"Dear o' Dear all this Argument simply will not do any good for anyone. why bother argue when there is work to do?” Fox thought to herself quietly before swiftly moving through the crowd towards Bluefang ( @bubble[error]. ). Mewing softly she pointed her ears to a less crowded spot “join me?” she mewed, offering the tom to go sit with her.

She turned to a Wailing, threatening Apprentice “calm now Bitterpaw ( @Bean ), remember what goes around comes around. Those that did this to our late Leader will find themselves in The Dark forest when they are found out no doubt.”

Raising her Voice Fox mewed “I Believe In You Birdsnow ( @poppy. )! But i Think Fadingsun has a point… Maybe its Time For New Lionhearts? There has to be a few worthy cats, yes?” She mewed with desperate hope it was true.

(yall can ignore her if ya want)
(open)

Pet's name: Zeki Of The Frozen Dawn

Last edited by Toya Todoroki; January 29th, 2024 at 10:16 AM.
Old January 29th, 2024, 10:19 AM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomura Shigaraki View Post
Cocoonwillow
~Fox~
Fox/She/Her
Silver Tongue Purrk

"Dear o' Dear all this Argument simply will not do any good for anyone. why bother argue when there is work to do?” Fox thought to herself quietly before swiftly moving through the crowd towards Bluefang ( @bubble[error]. ). Mewing softly she pointed her ears to a less crowded spot “join me?” she mewed, offering the tom to go sit with her.

She turned to a Wailing, threatening Apprentice “calm now Bitterpaw ( @Bean ), remember what goes around comes around. Those that did this to our late Leader will find themselves in The Dark forest when they are found out no doubt.”

Raising her Voice Fox mewed “I Believe In You Birdsnow ( @poppy. )! But i Think Fadingsun has a point… Maybe its Time For New Lionhearts? There has to be a few worthy cats, yes?” She mewed with desperate hope it was true.

(yall can ignore her if ya want)
(open)
*Bluefang glanced at Fox and asked why politely*

[ shadowkit ]

◺--------------◿
Old January 29th, 2024, 10:21 AM
Dabi Obsessed

Bump Policy: "Burn Like Kindle For My Flames" - Dabi
My Mood: Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble[error]. View Post

*Bluefang glanced at Fox and asked why politely*
"why not?" she teased softly before answering "why sit alone when you can sit with a friend? are not clanmates like friends? or in this case a rather loud family in arguement" she chuckled softly

Pet's name: Zeki Of The Frozen Dawn
Old January 29th, 2024, 10:24 AM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomura Shigaraki View Post

"why not?" she teased softly before answering "why sit alone when you can sit with a friend? are not clanmates like friends? or in this case a rather loud family in arguement" she chuckled softly
*He nods and comes to her*

[ shadowkit ]

◺--------------◿
Old January 29th, 2024, 11:21 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

The ragdoll stared down at the gathered cats, remembering a time when if a deputy called a meeting, there would be loud outbursts of concern for the leader. But this time was a bit different, and while she appreciated no one having total meltdowns, she wished that they would show more care for the leader that put her heart and soul into the Clan. Oh well.

"I was out looking for Tansypaw this morning and I didn't find anything but a faint scent trail heading to the outskirts. She seems to have left the Clan, based on what I heard, I don't expect her to come back. We can hope, I know I sure will, but based on some circumstances that I will discuss later, it's unlikely."

She sighed softly, breath trembling as she exhaled but then she slid back beneath the mask of strength. "I'm sure you're all wondering where Larkstar is. While I was looking for Tansypaw, I also found bloodstains, clumps of fur and Larkstar's scent by the border with the Outskirts. I looked for her for a few hours, venturing into the outskirts, and I didn't find her." The only sign of the deputy's discomfort was a paw shuffling on the cold stone, but she still refused to sit. Standing was more intimidating, and that was what she was going for.

"I don't believe Larkstar would have left willingly or without a fight. In hopes that she will return to us, I won't travel to the StarCave for a week. I would wait longer, but RiverClan can't afford to stand idle. Larkstar was a great cat and growing to be a strong leader, and in the event she doesn't return to us, she will be deeply missed."

Allowing things to remain silent for a moment, letting cats get their shock settled a bit and trying to catch young Wingpaw's eye, in a faint attempt to send the poor young calico a bit of comfort if she could. He had lost so many. But she had more to say- a lot more to say, and so she would say it.

Her neck fur was rising slightly and she forced it down. "Tansypaw left and most of our herbs are gone or destroyed. Tansypaw was a child with the weight of a Clan on her shoulders, sometimes healing cats who could have avoided injury. She was bullied by some of you instead of treated with patience and respect that she deserved, and while withholding healing completely wasn't the ideal decision and things could have been handled differently, we don't have a medicine cat anymore because some of you decided that bullying a young cat was better than improving your behavior or talking to her calmly." Tansypaw might have made some less than ideal decisions, but she put her paw down, and Birdsnow commended her for that.

Taking a deep breath to finish up, she rubbed her temples, looking down at everyone. "I get that a lot of you doubt me, and for some reasons you're completely valid and understood, and I'm doing my best to prove myself. I love this Clan, and I'm going to drag it back to where it used to be, but I can't do it alone. I'm not going to drag you all kicking and screaming back to full strength, everyone needs to want it too. I would think that we all want RiverClan to succeed, but that's not going to happen if we're picking fights with other Clans and undermining authority and causing problems. I'm going to do all I can to lead this Clan to prosperity, but I can't do it without support. So if you're not going to help this Clan, then please spare the rest of us the pain and leave."

Actually. She just needed a few friends and she could rule the world if she had to, but it would be so much easier if cats stopped being problems. "Some of you have been wonderful assets, and I want to thank those of you who have been helpful and loyal, but others have been very much unmotivated and problematic. You will not treat me the way some of you treated Larkstar. If you're not going to be valuable to the Clan, if you're going to cause me problems, if you're going to disrespect me or undermine me, there's the exit in case you didn't hear the first time." She lashed her tail to the camp entrance, tone calm but rock-solid. She had some more... guidelines, if you would, but she figured that cats would need some time to let that sink in and respond.

She kept her voice even, she wasn't one to lose her temper but she was upset and frustrated and stressed out, so her voice heated up and coolled and grew strained as she spoke at some points.

@Dust @Dark @vellichor @Jade @CollapsingStars @naiad @Catherine @furrensic @Dirtfur @Silverware @Abyssopelagic @Neso @Fawnhearted @Sklee @JackHunt_17 @eris @peach @Frozen Reign @WinterMara @poppy @Fritter @Wintersun @celeste @staurn @carmen @Beetlenose @Swiftheart <3 @Galaxy_ @Apollo. @tallulah @bubble[error]. @Bean @Bean. @Tecumori @Tomura Shigaraki @SpiritWolf_yt @sol. @MockingRabbit @Rose @Cherry~ @Caspian @Red Dawn @Sakura. @lem~ @KataroAndTheHeather @dragonwind @Spookez. @Yunhos_Personal_Potato @Ymir @FruitBatz @redshiftreign @Frosted pelt @Cinnamon~ @Leafy @The Doctor @Cornbread1233 @Sonwytheafr @Omari @Pangoligon @Katiethewolfchild @roo! @Cubeisdagoat @tulin @Carrot @DarkGold @SunsetWhisker @Ladiebugg @ChaosBringer. @shoomy! @silver. @Wyv3rn @Batt. @RavensCall @Sleek @Theodore_510 @leopard. @Shellwhisker @leopardheart00 @Moonlit @LunaStar22 @TheLostAmongTheStars @arsenicCatnip @CapriSunx @Micanomancy @hawkboi @spoon_ @Blueberry^^^Galaxy @Eveelution_2.0 @Pumpkin Latte @Kuwu @endlesshax @Samantha @Desert Rain Frog @Ravenswings @Firestar512 @tinypaws @Wally Darling~ @Moon Shark @Kieran. @pink.ghostface @lesbianism @Naila @chickadee @Collieheart @MangofDoom @arrow. @Kitty-Kat @TherianInTheForest @Beanz @al3cc766 @IntrovertIRL @Never @Bluue @benny @Butternose @Fawnheart<3 @JellyMoons @SentimentalSquid @Lillexcore @ashstar1

((i only joined recently but for the sake of Stagheart's lore, he's been very loyal (to a fault, if there is one) to Lark and Bird. he hadn't dealt much with Tansy but never spoke ill of her)) @poppy / whomever else wants to

Stagheart flattened his ears in annoyance, looking between the bickering cats. Same old yowling, same old dissension with no real resolution. He inched himself closer towards the cats who were pledging their allegiance once more to the burdened deputy. He didn't speak, but hoped to convey in his stance that he was fully with Birdsnow, whatever she chose. He'd been steadfast in his loyalty to her since the day she was instated as deputy — he just hoped that she'd remember him and the others that were, in case it was any comfort.

He narrowed his stark blue eyes, surveying the chaos. Whatever happened, he'd remain unshaken in his loyalty to the Clan. He'd do whatever it took to restore order, even if he meant he had to patrol day and night. He'd give his own paws if it meant saving them.

Grieved to his heart by the destruction and the news of Larkstar and Tansypaw's disappearances, he lowered his head in grief, remaining wordless.

(anyone can interact if they want, he's just a stoic grumpy lil guy who usually hangs off by himself)

At Birdsnow's call, Berrykit had slunk out of the nursery, trying to stay mostly out of sight. She knew Stagheart wouldn't be thrilled that she'd come out, but she couldn't miss this sort of meeting. Not after all that had happened.

The young cat's eyes widened in horror at Birdsnow's news. She tucked her paws under herself and hung her head low, mind racing.

Stagheart told me that bringing me here was going to keep me safe... but how is this safe? No, I can't think like that... I'm going to be an apprentice soon. I can help fix it... I know I can!

Her own thoughts didn't do much to settle her. Fear struck her heart but she tried her best not to show it, listening to the arguing cats with wide eyes.

again, anyone can interact if they want or just let her be since she's trying to stay off to the side

*despite everything, it's still you.

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!
Request Healing | (Temporary/Exile) Healing Den

Last edited by squidz; January 29th, 2024 at 11:26 AM.
Old January 29th, 2024, 04:07 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Larkstar's disappearance was a shame, truly. Not unexpected or at all surprising, but a shame. Tansypaw, too, but Snakechill couldn't exactly be surprised by that, given what she'd threatened in front of ThunderClan when they'd come storming in. Fierce but not steadfast, which was quickly becoming an issue, and the lack of both was also increasingly concerning.

Birdsnow matched the description of the former. Her words were barbed, but how long would they last? She wasn't even going out to the Starcave immediately, when it was pretty obvious to everyone that Larkstar wasn't coming back.

He tilted his chin at an angle, one ear turned toward Talonpaw's heated confrontation. The tom's words held merit.

"Why not head for the cave now?" Snakechill called. "It makes no sense to wait. Neither of them are returning. That's clear."
Old January 29th, 2024, 04:19 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Headache.

Headache.

Headache.

Birdsnow watched as the meeting descended from cats crying out support to her (okay that was good) to cats yowling at each other. Her kin picking a fight with a child (seriously?). Fishfreckle being himself (dammit) Fadingsun calling out her Lionhearts (rightfully). Talonpaw totally losing it, spitting facts but also making Birdsnow wanted to bat him over the head (ugh). But Starlingflight. Okay. Starlingflight. Bird would start there.

”QUIET.” She boomed from her spot up on the Floodstone, tail lashing. This wasn’t going to happen. She had seen many Clan meetings go downhill, too many entitled cats. Things were going to be different. As soon as she was able to make herself heard, she spoke, first directing her attention to Starlingflight, repeating the warrior’s words- in case anyone hadn’t heard.

’You have my support, Birdsnow, and even to say that makes me sick. A true Clan cat should never have to affirm their loyalty to their Clan, to their leader.’ She repeated slowly, coolly, eyes narrowing. ”Starlingflight, the amount of dung that just came out of your mouth is obscene. What in StarClan’s name do you mean a true Clan cat should never make their loyalties clear? How do you expect a Clan to run smoothly if no one made clear what their loyalties were? No one here is swearing a blood oath to follow me to the ends of the earth, and no one should. They’re stating that they are willing to help RiverClan get back to its prime.”

She would address the Lionheart’s thing in a second, needing to let that marinate in her mind for a bit since it was such a hot topic she wasn’t about to make a split second choice. Fadingsun and Thunderchaser both made good points, but she wasn’t about to have some little rebellion or argument break out. Nodding to a few cats who unproblematically voiced their support, she felt the tension in her temples ease a teensy bit.

Bluefang. Staring down at her adopted uncle, fixing a piercing ocean blue gaze on him and pinning him down, she frowned. ”Bluefang, one more problematic peep out of you and I’ll drag you out on the territory myself. You should feel humiliated, arguing with a kid- even more so, behaving more like a kid than the actual child. Unless you want me to demote you to the rank you’re acting like, I suggest you shut your mouth and act your age.” Kin or not, he was a fool.

Her eyes strayed to Wingpaw and her heartstrings tugged. He was clearly struggling, and while she couldn’t interrupt the meeting right now- she couldn’t be selfish right now- she would check on him later. He could hate her all she wanted, but no kid deserved to lose someone they loved, especially not three or four (counting rushwater who he seemed close to) guardians. It wasn’t fair. Bird knew that as well as anyone.

Bitterpaw and Pristinepaw were both clearly devastated over the loss of their mentor, and she made a note to check on them too. She already had three apprentices, and if she didn’t, she’d be sweeping them both under her wing faster than you could say ‘mouse’.

She watched Rainpaw clamber up onto the Floodstone beside her, and she placed a paw around him, trying to scoot him closer to her to get him as far away from the edge as possible.

Talonpaw. A problem child at first glance, but he was really just a lost kid who had been hurt too much.

”Talonpaw, you’re right. It’s all just talk and promises right now.” She forced her tone to stay calm because while she was agitated at a certain few cats, she knew when to fight fire with fire and when to fight fire with water. ”Anyone who feels uneasy about trusting or respecting me because of my mistakes is valid. I’m not asking you to love me, I’m not asking you to trust me and I’m not asking you to do anything for me except for help me. I need help because while I’m not perfect, I love this Clan and I want to see it flourish. That’s all I ask, is to help me make this Clan better. Or better yet, help this Clan be better.”

Okay. Lionhearts. Search party. She would discipline the crap out of Fishfreckle later (or very very soon if he cocked an attitude or started to rant again.) but for right now, she had to get some things set in place. A plan.

”We will…. Not be sending out an official search party and I don’t want anyone organizing one behind my back. It’s leaf-bare and this clan is clinging to threads and we can’t risk losing anyone else. I can’t stop you from going out and looking yourself, but as much as I loved and respected Larkstar and Tansypaw and appreciate everything they did, cats go missing every day.” Her breath trembled slightly, faces of lost Clanmates and friends and loved ones flashed through her mind.

Focus.

A few cats asked her if she should go to the StarCave now, and she hesitated. They made decent points. But with Larkstar’s fate unknown, she didn’t want the former leader to return just to find out she had been replaced. ”Just in case Larkstar returns, I’ll wait a few days, instead of a week. But you’re right. I shouldn’t take too long.”

Next. Okay. Lionhearts.

”Lionhearts, excluding Cliffjumper because I’m not going to put up with the neglect anymore.” She stated firmly, seeking out the three that were present. ”Springpaw, you’ve been doing well and therefore I won’t be re-evaluating your rank as long as you continue to do what you’ve been doing and more.

There is no longer a Head Lionheart for the time being, it’s up for grabs if Nightspark doesn’t prove he deserves it in time. Nightspark and Cherryswirl, you will both be given the next week or two to prove why you should be considered RiverClan’s most elite. My next meeting, I will either let you keep the rank after you prove you deserve it, or I will give it to someone who earned it more than you.”

“That goes for the rest of you, warriors and apprentices. I have four if not more Lionheart ranks to issue, and I’m not handing it to just anyone. I’ll be keeping an eye out for cats that embody what it means to be a loyal RiverClan warrior. I’m talking about putting in the work above and beyond, extra patrolling, making sure things run smoothly. If you don’t get chosen at that next meeting? I’ll be re-evaluating Lionhearts constantly to make sure no one’s slacking, so there’s always opportunity.”

Inhale.

Exhale.

One last thing before she shuts up for the moment, because she wants to get this out before things go downhill again for the love of all things good.

”And before any more problems occur, let me make one thing clear. My Clan meetings are not a screaming match. You can voice your opinion- in fact, I encourage it, but if you’re not going to be mature and thoughtful about what you say or who you pick fights with, you will be asked to leave. Or dragged out. I’m not dealing with any more whining and screaming. I don’t give a rats ass if you want to have an actual debate or conversation with someone else, or if you want to call someone out, but from here on out if you forget how to have a civil interaction with someone, you’re leaving until the meeting is done. If someone behaves like a child? Let me handle it, instead of dragging yourself down to their level. I’m not having our kids growing up to think that screaming matches and over-the top reactions are okay, and I would hope none of you do, either. Have I made myself clear?”

(if you see any mistakes feel free to lmk i’m tired lol )

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Closed Thread