Default Re: Dawning Woods

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Deputy
she/her | 45 moons
[Large black cat with a half white muzzle and a pale green eye]
Purrks: Killer Aptitude T3, Shadow Fiend, Mind Reader
⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The Chariot ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
· · ────────────── · ·
[Dawnstar - @Undertaker ] [Ratflame - @Nalia ] [Mistfall - @literalcobweb ] [Marigoldpaw - @Madelaine ] [Sagewhistle - @Killua-DaBoi ] [Silentpaw - @Starphobia ] [Salmonshade - @Spooky_Blossom ] [Shadepaw - @Snowflake ] [Foggymask - @otter ] [Bristlethorn - @Rowan ] [Newtbelly - @sleepyyjax ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Mistlewhisker followed behind the patrol silently, ears pricked for any indication that the snakes were on the move. But it was quiet. The Deputy paused with everyone else, jerking her head to her assigned cats and splitting off from Dawnstar and her own. Mistlewhisker settled into the brush, making sure her patrol did the same, before staring out into the forest, waiting for the moment to strike. She felt eyes on her, and her single green eye caught two golden ones from across the way. She smirked, and wishing she had two eyes so she could effectively wink, nodded. It was all up to Briarsplash, Sleepysunrise, Gutspaw and Birdpaw.

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!

Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SHC) - Birdpaw (SHC) - Hillstrider (SHC) - Emberkit (SHC)
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM
literally alec hardy

Bump Policy: any time
My Mood: Spooky

ROOKFIRE
[ he/him | shadowclan medicine cat app | purrks ]
[ #rookMCA24 ]
rookfire followed along, sticking close to dawnstar and thereby the front of the group for once, they had apprentices with them yet he didnt see a reason to keep an eye on them to ensure they follow given they had been selected for a battle patrol. for once, they could look after themselves without rookfire at the back of the group.
dawning woods was a lovely part of the territory during green leaf and early leaf fall but as the deciduous trees shed their leaves and the cold moistness of leaf fall settled ever the area, leaves were turning into mush and tinting the air a uncomfortably heavy and oddly spicy scent. unlike the last time he had visited this place and passed out from the heat, the rotten leaves lay thick enough for it to be hard to see the ground and the air had a cool bite to it which did a good job at easing his discomfort at remembering that incident and absolutely nothing for the uncertainty that he may step on a snake on accident.

on high alert and once again internally thanking sleepy for her night hunting and roachflare for his stealth lesson, rookfire managed to avoid startling any snakes when dawnstar came to a halt. the quiet sound of snakes slithering over moist leaves and dry bark and him want to shiver, entirely unfamiliar and both interesting and mildly terrifying. at dawnstars command, he nodded towards willowpaw to carry her share of herbs up to a tree stump with a slight dip in the middle in which rookfire felt save placing the herbs. that location would provide some safety regarding the rats or snakes messing with the herbs and it was easier to avoid having wind carry the lighter herbs away. in position and ready, he gave willowpaw the okay about either returning to the group or taking her post a few tail lengths away from him to keep the vermin at bay. eyes focussed on dawnstar, the medic attempted to catch her eye again to confirm he was prepared and ready as well.

[ @Myling ; @Undertaker sorry i'll try to get a reply out faster next time ]

Rookfire is Shadowclan's Medicine Cat Apprentice ☆
━━━━━━━━
Rook's tracker || Shadowclan Healing || placeholder
Old Today, 01:37 AM

Bump Policy: 2 - 3 days, 1 day if important
My Mood: Sad

Ratflame
She/her, 22 moons, Warrior

As Ratflame walks, each paw step carefully placed, her body is tensed and ready. Her ears angled in the direction of any noise that caught her attention and her eyes shone brightly with anticipation. She thought about digging her claws into the fur of the rats, disposing of the pests that had been causing Shadowclan trouble. She ready, ready to face those eyes always filled with such malice, face those sharp teeth and claws, but most importantly, be the last face those rats would see.
Old Today, 12:27 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Busy

~ BRIARSPLASH ~
stocky, large, & fluffy dilute gray tortie she-cat with goldish-green eyes; just a scratch
[ shadowclan enforcer | she-cat | 28 moons | abrasive, standoffish, loyal ]

~

After awhile, the thundering sound of four cats careening their way into the woods could be heard, thumping pawsteps along the ground. Her eyes sharp and attuned for the danger both in front of and behind their patrol, entrusting Sleepysunrise to take up the rear, Briarsplash led her Clanmates into the Woods and motioned with her tail towards the tall trees.

"Alright... I think I see the snakes up ahead," she called, casting a glance over her shoulder as she allowed her pace to drop ever so slightly to speak, but not entirely; the horde of rats was far too close for comfort behind them, and with their sheer number and speed, they couldn't afford to waste any time. Not to mention the she-cat was more than a little unnerved to not only be baiting, but sort of being a bait herself to a mass of mindless creatures carrying StarClan-knows-what disesases."Remember, we don't come down 'till Dawnstar gives us the signal. Get climbing, now!"

Her voice was stern and urgent, with a note of concern; she didn't know the others well enough to gauge their climbing capabilities, but prayed it'd be quick enough and with no hesitation so that they were safely out of the reach of a rat's snapping jaws. Nor to be a further distraction to the rats; they needed the revolting horde to keep charging down the last bits of prey they'd dropped along their trail and straight into the mass of snakes up ahead.

At once, Briarsplash launched herself towards a tree with rough bark, her claws sinking into the darkened wood. She could feel some of it digging in and splintering into her paw pads, but didn't care a bit as she hauled her large frame up the spruce tree. She wasn't the most graceful of climbers, or really a graceful cat at all, so it wasn't exactly an impressive sight. But her general strength combined with her practice helped ease her up until she yanked herself onto a low-hanging branch, puffs of air escaping her as she caught her breath.

She made a point to carefully watch the other four, ensuring they'd be able to climb their way to safety. From her vantage point, she could see the snakes below and hear the approaching squeaks and squabbles of the angered rats following their trail, as bloodthirsty and ruthless as ever. Nasty critters... and so were snakes. Briar was almost excited to watch the 'show' of them going at it before any ShadowClanner had to intervene.

Once it was done, her gaze surveyed the shadows in the trees, knowing her Clanmates were below. It didn't take too much effort to see some ripples here or there in the thick undergrowth, pinpointing where it seemed they were waiting. Assuming Dawnstar had seen their entrance and was looking their way, she gave a curt nod in the direction of the undergrowth, as if confirming that it was done, that their plan was working. Now... they just had to wait.

And it didn't take long for the mass of squeals and the acrid scent of rats, carrying the rotten tang of their disease and crowfood habits, to start approaching down the main path...

[ lmk if i missed or messed up anything <3 ]

[ @Estelle - sleepysunrise | @Mica - birdpaw | @wolfie - gutspaw | @Undertaker - dawnstar | @/Mica - mistlewhisker ]

Berryshine is RiverClan's medicine cat!
she and Cobwebfern have a semi-closed den policy.

Request Healing | Medicine Den | (Temporary/Exile) Healing Den

Last edited by squidz; Today at 12:28 PM.
Old Today, 12:32 PM
A Silent Night haunts me

Bump Policy: Anytime, please! I forget a lot :(
My Mood: Stressed

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Silentpaw
Patched tortoiseshell tabby tom with deep blue eyes that look purplish in certain light sources and a short fluffy tail.
He/Him | 8 Moons| + every 1st | ShadowClan Apprentice | Silent
[N/A/100]

Purrks:
Ultimate Predator [Permanently Active] • Agatha Kitty [Permanently Active] • Katty Krueger [INACTIVE]

. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.

. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.
Silentpaw stayed close to the patrol, ears perked and eyes actively searching for any signs of movement other than the cats. He shot a glance at Shadepaw, who'd been unfortunately placed in the same patrol as he had. But, that did not matter now. What mattered currently were the snakes and rats. He stood, tail flicking, waiting for any instructions that may come his way.

{ @snowflake. - Brief Shadepaw mention! }
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Please feel free to bump me on any ongoing RPs. I have ADHD and it gets really hard for me to keep track of all my RPs ^^
• • •

IcekitSilentpawMothflame • Firepaw • Daykit • Windkit • Spiritkit • Eveningpaw • Mimickit • Starlingkit • Hiddenpaw • Milkbee
Character Site

Do you dare approach?
Old Today, 01:30 PM
pfp by picklepotatochip!

Bump Policy: please do it like every 24ish hours, or earlier idrm
My Mood: Spooky

FOGGYMASK
HE/HIM | PURRKS: MIND READER, SHADOW FIEND, KITTY SOFTPAWS T1 | DEMIROMANTIC | 30 MOONS
Foggymask was ready. Rolling his shoulders and flexing his claws, he slipped into the shadows, footsteps silent. He would avenge those who died. And he would make sure that by the time he was done, everything was dead. He laid in wait, preparing to spring into battle.

Toyhouse | Character Site (WIP) | Art Shop | Discord