Old May 19th, 2024, 03:23 PM
I'm so lost ;v;

Bump Policy: ✎✭|{After 24 hours, and 48 hours on weekdays}|✭✎
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 9 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw let out a long sigh, Aspenkit's words hitting her. That was the exact same thing she'd asked herself — why would StarClan allow all this? She'd come to some unsatisfying conclusions herself, just hoping they'd be enough to console her brain as she tried to make sense of all this.

"Well... I think even StarClan's powers are limited," she began slowly. "They can't control cats nor their destinies... only reveal and guide them. Sometimes, meddle with them. I... don't know too much," she admitted, not wanting to go too far into explaining how she'd never been to the Starcave. Apparently, that was somewhere where cats could convene with StarClan, and medicine cats were supposed to go at some point. It was looking like... she might not get that chance now. Maybe ever. The somber thought made her chest tighten.

"But what I do know... is that sometimes, bad things just happen. And they don't always happen to cats who seem to deserve it, nor do good things always happen to good cats. I... think it's just how the world works... it's not fair, in the way we want it. Sometimes it can be, but most of the time... it's not."

She was young, so what did she know? Her actual knowledge of concepts like these was a bit beyond her moons. But Berrypaw had always been a bit more 'mature' for her age. She felt like she could understand the heart of those words despite her limited experience... at least, in her mind.

When Aspenkit talked about leaving, Berrypaw offered a sad smile. "I don't want to leave either... none of us do. Not even Fadingsun, even though he said it," she reasoned, gently brushing Aspenkit's flank with her tail in comfort. "But... he thinks it's the best way we'll survive. Normally, yes, Clans will fight to protect their territory. That's what we're supposed to do! But when it's all three Clans against one..." Her smile fell into a frown, eyes glistening at the premise. "Well... I don't think we'd stand a chance, Aspenkit. Even as strong as we are... there will be too many."

There wasn't a better way to put it. Being terribly outnumbered? Not to mention the other Clans' drive for vengeance against RiverClan? The fish-brained actions of a few being catalysts for an all-out war. She had no doubt they'd come for bloodshed, to destroy all RiverClan held dear. The thoughts made her shiver.

When Aspenkit asked her directly, Berrypaw blinked a few times, choosing her words carefully. "Well... I don't know. No one knows, really," she meowed quietly, "but... I'd say the odds aren't with us. There are three Clans' worth of angry, bitter cats looking for revenge... against just one Clan. I think we should be safe over sorry and do what we can... even if that means we have to leave our home. We'll still be together, just... differently."

She didn't want to leave her home either. But staying there at the mercy of the vengeful WindClan's claws, backed up by both ThunderClan and ShadowClan? Her paw pads prickled with anxiety once more and she shuffled them, trying to urge the feeling away.

Aspenkit
he/him |4 moons | RC | Reckless, naturally energetic | a little fighter and future nuisance
{Silver tongue || Active||}
__________________________________________________ __

So what berrypaw was saying was that starclan was either too weak or didn't give a damn to help them. Some ancestors they are! Too think some cats probably still looked up to them and thought- believed that starclan was still looking out for them made him sick. Even this stuff about bad cats not getting what they deserve or bad things happening to good cats, it wasn't fair! But that was just how live was and at the looks of things aspenkit wasn't sure he had time to cry and complain about it. Sucking up all his complaints and questions and gave a quick glance around the clearing.

He had been to the last clan meeting, it had been his first and most likely his last. At the floodstone of course, he had no plans on dying yet. He had heard what Fadingsuns had said for himself, though most of the cats were more occupied on whether Dusklion would stay deputy or not it wasn't much of question to Aspenkit. He was more concerned about the potential war, Jayfrost and guided him and marigoldkit out of the meeting at that time so he wasn't sure what else was said but still. War meant death and he wanted to help.

Turning back to berrypaw with a determined expression, he asked; "what can I do to help." he genuinely wanted to help with something, this was his clan too and he refused to just sit and watch as the older warriors and apprentices all worked overtime stressing about the upcoming events. He wasn't going to waste his time asking to help with hunting/anything outside of camp. He already knew the answer to that. "I want to help with whatever I can, not outside of camp of course! And nothing to dangerous" he added with a scoff, he didn't mind but he wanted to make it clear that he was willing to help with any job and wouldn't put up a fight if it wasn't cool and dangerous like what apprentices and warriors got to do.
|{I do not share or agree with the opinions/actions of my characters}|

Last edited by burntToast; May 20th, 2024 at 06:55 AM.
Old May 19th, 2024, 05:04 PM
.·:*¨♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆☆≈¨*:·.

Bump Policy: 1 week unless its time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

She/Her | Purrk(s): Just A Scratch

"Sick?" Wisteriawren echoed, wide-eyed. "I've never been sick before! My Greta used to take me to this... this place sometimes and my tummy used to feel funny." Only a couple times, though. And unknown to Wisteriawren, her tummy feeling funny had just been a product of her anxiety.

Gonna see Misty? "Who is a Misty? Can I take you to them?" She perked up, hoping to be somewhat useful. Her gaze bounced around the clearing. Her attention snapped back to Springkit as he began speaking again. "Oh! Well, I'm 26! Or, I think that's what my two summers equals. I'm not new like that. I'm just new new to RiverClan!"

The warrior beamed. "I was a... a..." What did Clan cats call it? "A kittypet! Dusklion an' Fadingsun said I could be here! And oh! My name used to be Melody, but now it's Wisteriawren... but... I think being called Mel is very nice." She fixed wide, round eyes on the young tom. "I've never been called a nickname before."

Gold-flecked blue eyes drifted towards the leaving patrols as Springkit pointed them out. "Oh no, I want to go, I really do, to help everybody! But I can't..." She blinked sadly. "I dunno how to fight, or hunt yet. Someone said they'd teach me soon!" She beamed once more. "But it's okay for now, because I can stay with you!"

Springkit

Never been sick before... well to be fair, Springkit also hadn't before now, but this was what sickness mist feel like. Shortness of breath and strange feeling turning in your stomach? Whatever it was he certainly wasn't fine, so he must be getting sick. So he had to go and see Misty. "Mistyshard, he explained. "The medicine cat, the one always smelling of herbs, who fixes cats who are sick or hurt." Some motioning again with his paw, this time towards the medicine den. "Over there, so I'll just walk there... once the patrols leave..."
Nope not looking over there.
Think of other stuff.

New to Riverclan? Oh so a former kittypet. Yeah ok that made more sense. "Melody's a nice name." He attempted a little laughter "You're not espacing nicknames though."

He could feel some of the stress evaporated (not enough of it, but he'd take whatever he could get) or at least eased when Mel said she wouldn't be going with the patrol (the fewer cats he knew being there fighting rats, the better). "Yeah.. yeah yeah... The patrols were heading off now, and watching the slip out of the camp made Springkit's stomach turn even more - it was definitely time to go to Misty now. "I was nice talking to ya," he mewed and gave Wisterna a gentle buff with his head before shailky getting to his paws. "Have to go to Misty now, but I hope I'll see you around." He meant that last part, this cat seemed nice, and... claiming? Springkit wouldn't quite explain it, and either way, he needed to go to the medicine den right now, so there was little time to think of other stuff.

[sorry for the slightly late response but yeah we're done don't be surprised if a carrierowl drops of a wisteria-spring-cuddle-request soon though]

Plot finder

_______________ Tracker _______________
¨•┈꒰ა ♡⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ Springkit - Cowskip - Wyvern - Hawkcatcher - Pigeonpaw ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆ ♡ ໒꒱┈•¨

Purrks: Hawkcatcher has Mind Reader, Wyvern has Dreamwalker, Pigeonpaw has The Collector

Last edited by Luminous; May 19th, 2024 at 05:05 PM.
Old May 19th, 2024, 08:44 PM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

->> jayfrost <<-
[ he/him | riverclan | 27moons | burn baby burn ]
a tall, skinny, silver classic-tabby with well groomed short to medium length fur and icy blue eyes
the garlicfeather incident, the last one at least, it was horrible to think that there had been multible, he should start numbering them, wait what was he getting at? oh yes, the most recent garlicfeather incident had given him quite the scare, and instead of still hoping to just run away and leave all the baggage riverclan held behind he had changed course of action. he was going to put every moment he had into this darn clan so goldfish and her kits are safe, so marigoldkit can grow up without fear, so garlicfeather can maybe one day find a mate that wont die and be happy and have kits that dont have to grow up in fear. now, he was planning on getting some of the apprentices a bit more advanced in traning, perhaps pressure them into hurrying up a bit, moreso for their safety than his own opinion on the whole thing, but to train apprentices they had to eat. he made his way out of the nursery and through the clearing, where he paused, more or less in the middle of the clearing, to sit down and watch. light blue eyes were mostly scanning for cats he hadnt seen around a lot, or those who didnt look overly busy at least, and he quickly landed on two; bearsnout and beastflame. same first letter huh, he hadnt actually intended that but whatever.
"bearsnout, beastflame, are you busy right now? if not, id like to take you two out for some hunting."

[ @chickadee @ophelia / i hope youre fine w this chickadee! i didnt want to wait until tomorrow as not to risk me forgetting about this ]

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements
Old May 20th, 2024, 06:47 AM
High-Function Autistic

Status: Highly Functioning Autistic who is easily frustrated, so if I say something I don’t mean, I’m so
Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Angelic

[ so sorry I missed! didn't have my computer. ]

@dino.

Rosehawk slunk from the warriors' den.

ON SCRATCH

Robinstar
is ThunderClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Roaringstar is SkyClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Pareidoliastar is WindClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Anachronismpounce is ShadowClan’s current Deputy.
Do not ask how I got so many lol.
Old May 20th, 2024, 11:13 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Status: ON VACATION UNTIL JUNE 4TH - will reply to all when i'm back <3
Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntToast View Post

Aspenkit
he/him |4 moons | RC | Reckless, naturally energetic | a little fighter and future nuisance
__________________________________________________ __

So what berrypaw was saying was that starclan was either too weak or didn't give a damn to help them. Some ancestors they are! Too think some cats probably still looked up to them and thought- believed that starclan was still looking out for them made him sick. Even this stuff about bad cats not getting what they deserve or bad things happening to good cats, it wasn't fair! But that was just how live was and at the looks of things aspenkit wasn't sure he had time to cry and complain about it. Sucking up all his complaints and questions and gave a quick glance around the clearing.

He had been to the last clan meeting, it had been his first and most likely his last. At the floodstone of course, he had no plans on dying yet. He had heard what Fadingsuns had said for himself, though most of the cats were more occupied on whether Dusklion would stay deputy or not it wasn't much of question to Aspenkit. He was more concerned about the potential war, Jayfrost and guided him and marigoldkit out of the meeting at that time so he wasn't sure what else was said but still. War meant death and he wanted to help.

Turning back to berrypaw with a determined expression, he asked; "what can I do to help." he genuinely wanted to help with something, this was his clan too and he refused to just sit and watch as the older warriors and apprentices all worked overtime stressing about the upcoming events. He wasn't going to waste his time asking to help with hunting/anything outside of camp. He already knew the answer to that. "I want to help with whatever I can, not outside of camp of course! And nothing to dangerous" he added with a scoff, he didn't mind but he wanted to make it clear that he was willing to help with any job and wouldn't put up a fight if it wasn't cool and dangerous like what apprentices and warriors got to do.

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

Berrypaw watched as the emotions flitted across Aspenkit's face; he was clearly trying to understand everything, and she started to wonder if she'd said anything wrong — was she confusing him? Stressing him out? Had she said something completely stupid?

But to her surprise, he didn't have any more questions — at least, not in the nature of how he had been asking. His face had turned from inquisitive and curious to stone-cold determination, a glint of something deeper in his eyes. He wanted to help.

At first she was at a loss, her mind racing as she tried to think of something to tell the kit. No chance he was allowed outside of camp in general, but especially now with the heightened tensions... what could he do except wait?

"Well... I think some warriors are trying to strengthen the barrier as well as the nursery and elders' den,"
she reasoned, glancing in their direction. The first priority for the upcoming battle was evacuating them if necessary, which would include Aspenkit himself. But perhaps he'd feel better if he could contribute. "Maybe you could help with that...? Or tidying up around camp?"

In the mess of all that was going on lately, warriors hadn't been as tidy as usual — leaving prey scraps all around, not bothering to sweep leaves or pokey weeds that sprung up in the clearing. There was much more going on.

She understood the want — more like the need, honestly — to be useful. To do something. So she tried her best to at least give some ideas...

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Old May 20th, 2024, 12:20 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Moonpaw followed a very calm and patient Skyfall into the clearing.
"Alright, first order of business- I'm gonna give you a tour around the camp okay?" He meowed calmly. He then used his tail to gesture all around him. "This is the clearing, a lot can happen here. We've had full-blown arguments, exiles and even executions."
"Wh-like, lawful killing executions?! Jeez, I heard clan life was brutal but I didn't know that was a thing!!" Moonpaw seemed surprised. But she didn't leave. Her tail swished as she listened to Skyfall talk about the rest of camp.
"Over there is the medicine cat's den, where Mistyshard and Berrypaw do their job in the clan by tending to wounds and helping treat illnesses." He meowed gently, as Moonpaw continued to listen.
"That there is the leader's den. That cat who greeted you earlier? That's Fadingsun, our leader. That's where he sleeps and does his thing."
"That's the Floodstone. We meet here when Fadingsun calls for a meeting."
"Over there is where you and the other apprentices sleep- ironically called the Apprentice's den."
"Thats the warriors den. I sleep there with a lot of other warriors."
"Over there's the nursery, and beside it is the Elder's den."
"That huge pile of dead prey is the prey pile, any prey we catch is normally kept as food over there."
Eventually the lil tour was over. Moonpaw smiled politely in response to understanding the information she now had on the camp. She nodded softly, and began looking around on her own.

Last edited by Goopysharkboi; May 20th, 2024 at 12:30 PM.
Old May 20th, 2024, 01:29 PM
I'm so lost ;v;

Bump Policy: ✎✭|{After 24 hours, and 48 hours on weekdays}|✭✎

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post

| BERRYPAW |

Berrypaw watched as the emotions flitted across Aspenkit's face; he was clearly trying to understand everything, and she started to wonder if she'd said anything wrong — was she confusing him? Stressing him out? Had she said something completely stupid?

But to her surprise, he didn't have any more questions — at least, not in the nature of how he had been asking. His face had turned from inquisitive and curious to stone-cold determination, a glint of something deeper in his eyes. He wanted to help.

At first she was at a loss, her mind racing as she tried to think of something to tell the kit. No chance he was allowed outside of camp in general, but especially now with the heightened tensions... what could he do except wait?

"Well... I think some warriors are trying to strengthen the barrier as well as the nursery and elders' den,"
she reasoned, glancing in their direction. The first priority for the upcoming battle was evacuating them if necessary, which would include Aspenkit himself. But perhaps he'd feel better if he could contribute. "Maybe you could help with that...? Or tidying up around camp?"

In the mess of all that was going on lately, warriors hadn't been as tidy as usual — leaving prey scraps all around, not bothering to sweep leaves or pokey weeds that sprung up in the clearing. There was much more going on.

She understood the want — more like the need, honestly — to be useful. To do something. So she tried her best to at least give some ideas...

Aspenkit
__________________________________________________ __[INDENT]
He didn't know what he had been expecting to be berrypaws reply but it definitely wasn't cleaning up the clearing. Aspenkit glanced around, she wasn't wrong. The clearing looks pretty depressing, it lacked it's usual um- let's just say it looked unattended to. The amount of weeds growing out of the once smooth ground was unsatisfying. Still he thought he could atleast help with something more important. What good would a tidy clearing do if they were evacuating? Berrypaw also mentioned something about some of the warriors reinforcing the the barrier and elders den and nursery. Again what use would that do? Maybe he just didn't understand.

"so the most I can do is....clean the clearing and help with the barrier and dens? Is what you saying." he asked, confirming her words. If that was the only way he was able to help then he would try his best. His unsatisfied expression changed once back to determination. "In that case! I will commit to my dut and help in as many ways I can! I'll even try and bring leaf- uh herbs!" he added proudly. Whether his jobs was unimportant or not he will still do it with his best ability and with pride. Because he believed one day he would be able to do something truly useful to his clan and earn his true spot amongst them.
|{I do not share or agree with the opinions/actions of my characters}|
Old May 20th, 2024, 03:40 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget

Bearsnout
28 Moons || RiverClan Warrior || He/Him
Beefed Up Tier 1 || . . .
The Gentle Giant
. . .

Before he'd heard Jayfrost's call, the large tom was in the middle of grooming himself. His thick fluffy pelt managed to get out of hand more often than not. And what better to do on a sunny day like this than tame the thick fur of his? It'd be a frustrating task for anyone else, but patience was a virtue. And Bearsnout had a lot of it.

His ears perked as he heard Jayfrost's voice ring out across the Clearing. The tom was offering to go hunting? Oh well, his coat would have to wait another time to be groomed. The tom stood up with a grin and bounded over to Jayfrost. "Sure. I'm up for hunting." He purred. The weather was exceptionally nice today. It'd certainly be good for hunting too.

. . .
@alec - @ophelia

Old May 20th, 2024, 04:03 PM
your loveliest nightmare

Bump Policy: 4 days
My Mood: Asleep

Beastflame
[ @chickadee @alec ]

Since his return to the clan, Beastflame had been even more sullen than usual, struggling to adjust to life under two cats he hardly knew, with nearly everyone he had held close no where to be found. At least Pebble was around, but who he really wanted to see was Cloverdust. And as much as he tried to suppress the feeling, he missed Snowleap. His former mate had left a hole so deep that Beastflame wasn't sure it would ever be filled again. And the actual hole left on his face served as a constant reminder of the consequences brought about by Beastflame's attempt to go after the other tom.

The warrior was sprawled in the grass by the warrior's den, attempting to view the clan as his own instead of a foreign entity, when a voice cut through his thoughts. He rotated his head to look at the speaker with his remaining eye, squinting against the sun. Jay...something. Beastflame vaguely remembered him, but he was pretty sure the memories were from before the other tom had become a warrior.

"I suppose not," he rumbled, heaving himself up to his paws and giving his long fur a brief shaking out. The other tom that had been summoned was also familiar, and also much younger. He nodded his head in greeting, padding over to join them. The three of them must have made quite the group, with him and Bearsnout built like boulders and Jaywhatever towering over the majority of the clan. In his Shield days Beastflame might have led a patrol like this one, but now he wanted nothing more than to follow along.

"Where to?" he tilted his head, annoyed by the void in his field of vision. "Also, remind me your name?" he flicked his ears towards the tall grey warrior.

she/her
rasberryswirl (shc), kestrelkit (thc), autumn, beastflame (rc)
character bios
Old May 20th, 2024, 09:48 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 28 moons
Re-entering camp after her morning excursion and shaking her pelt out, Dusklion surveyed the camp going-ons of the day. Berrypaw and Aspenkit were talking nearby, while Jays was gathering up Bearsnout and Beastflame (he had recently returned, hadn't he?) for a hunt. It truly did seem that, in the midst of everything, it was just another normal day in RiverClan. The deputy wished it could last.

Eyes landing on the pelt she'd initially been searching for, Dusk trotted over towards Wisteriawren and circled around until she stood in front of their newest member. "You settlin' in well?" she questioned with a tilt of her head. She tried to ignore the anxiety that gnawed at her asking the question, considering everything that had happened since the ex-kitty-pet had joined them. "If you're up for it, I can give you a tour of RiverClan's territory so you know where everythin' is."

[ Wisteriawren - @Rose ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; May 29th, 2024 at 10:56 PM.