roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: Icy Heartlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaybug. View Post

Batstorm
Beefed Up 1, 2, & 3

"Sure. Let's spar then." Batstorm nodded at Nightpaw. The black-furred warrior padded a few tail-lengths away. "Now... do you want me to start?" He lifted his massive paw off the ground and scratched his ear quickly then set it down again. He put his weight in his haunches so if the apprentice came running at him, he wouldn't budge... well he wouldn't anyway... but showing Nightpaw would probably be useful... Especially with how impatient he was.
Okay, this he could work with. Nightpaw knew he didn't know much about fighting, but he could take he did know and use it to learn more. Batstorm had asked if Nightpaw wanted him to start, but that would just be giving the opponent the upper paw. No thanks.

Nightpaw bolted forward, reaching up with a forepaw to smack Batstorm upside the head again, or maybe the jaw if he missed his initial target.
Old May 13th, 2024, 09:14 PM
Lover's Rock

Bump Policy: Every twenty-four hours.
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Okay, this he could work with. Nightpaw knew he didn't know much about fighting, but he could take he did know and use it to learn more. Batstorm had asked if Nightpaw wanted him to start, but that would just be giving the opponent the upper paw. No thanks.

Nightpaw bolted forward, reaching up with a forepaw to smack Batstorm upside the head again, or maybe the jaw if he missed his initial target.

Batstorm
Beefed Up 1, 2, & 3

Well.. Nightpaw didn't exactly answer the question so Batstorm had expected the apprentice to bolt forward. Which, Nightpaw did. So Batstorm stood up the rest of the way so that he struggled to reach the top of his head. The warrior aimed his paw to attempt and smack Nightpaw's paw out of the way.

Batstorm was focused. He was going to go easy, but he also wasn't going to hurt Nightpaw. He knew the apprentice was impatient and he needed to be shown why you need to go slow instead of rushing everything. Batstorm then aimed a return blow towards Nightpaw's head with his massive paw.

ASK BEFORE FRIENDING
Characters

Old May 14th, 2024, 10:05 AM
Lil gamer pup :3

Bump Policy: MIN: 6 hours ; MAX: 24 hours
My Mood: Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aolani View Post
"Yeah, we just pick up what the medicine cat wants us to." Yellowtwist said quickly. He didn't want this to take longer than it needed to be. "You guys go find dandelions." He said, trying to get rid of them without sounding rude, though he wasn't opposed to that he didn't want to end up in an argument at the moment.

The golden tom searched and found 4 broom, all in one spot. How convenient. "You guys done?"
[ @Aroogi
@chickadee thank you so much !! I knew I was missing something, god i need a tracker. Respond asap, I don't really care if it's a one liner ]
Tuftedtusk
| He/Him - ShC - 27 moons |

Tufted nodded to Yellowtwist and beckoned Gracklepaw with his tail. "Dandylions are easy to find. They are big yellow flowers. Pretty fluffy looking with a straight green stem." He explained to the apprentice. Soon, he spotted a patch of them and started neatly plucking them and placing them into a small pile.

[ Yellowtwist @Aolani
Gracklepaw @chickadee ]
No worries Lani!

•••

"The worst part of dreaming is waking up."
Please bump me after 24hrs if I don't respond!
• sig icon by SqdPxl on deviantart •

Character Site

Last edited by Aroogi; May 14th, 2024 at 10:05 AM.
Old May 14th, 2024, 06:17 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

The valkyrie had struck again.

The still warm body of a ShadowClan warrior, Whitetwist, lay on the ground, blood soaking the ground and splattered even yards away from the limp gray and white body. Feline bite marks littered the pelt, long gashes torn into the deceased cat. No scent of the murderer lingered, but in the claws of the dead cat, a few strands of dark, blood soaked fur lingered, threatening to be blown away in the wind, clumped with dried crimson.

[tldr: whitetwist is dead and was murdered, signs of cannibalism feel free for your character to find the body! The only sign of who the killer is is a small clump of bloody dark fur. Body is still warm, but was killed early morning ish o7]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old May 14th, 2024, 07:00 PM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post

The valkyrie had struck again.

The still warm body of a ShadowClan warrior, Whitetwist, lay on the ground, blood soaking the ground and splattered even yards away from the limp gray and white body. Feline bite marks littered the pelt, long gashes torn into the deceased cat. No scent of the murderer lingered, but in the claws of the dead cat, a few strands of dark, blood soaked fur lingered, threatening to be blown away in the wind, clumped with dried crimson.

[tldr: whitetwist is dead and was murdered, signs of cannibalism feel free for your character to find the body! The only sign of who the killer is is a small clump of bloody dark fur. Body is still warm, but was killed early morning ish o7]
Goopywhisker
Warrior || He/him || 11 Moons || Purrks: Bewitched: Goop

Being able to leave camp on your own was a privilege Goopywhisker hadn't had until very recently. It wasn't something he had ever thought he wanted either. Why risk death or injury on your own when having a group of pals was so much safer? He smiled as he thought of Squirrelpaw. She would be able to join him out here soon! Perhaps they could look for more treasures together?

He had found himself in a part of the territory he had only been to once. The Icy Heartlands. The calico wasn't sure what had brought him here... though the idea of bringing back a caterpillar pet to show his dear friend was tempting.

The intense smell of blood caught his attention almost instantly, zapping all thoughts of pets and trinkets away. Like a dog to a bone, Goopywhisker began racing towards the scent with his nose as a guide. Could it be... prey? Surely not, even the messiest hunter wouldn't spill this much blood. Perhaps predator? He sniffed again, nearly gagging on it. No... the only scent around here was cat. Shadowclan cat. Oh stars, someone had died here. This quick self guided territory tour was now turning into a murder investigation.

It didn't take long for him to find the victim. Whitetwist. He hadn't known them well but.... stars the state of their body was horrific. Goopywhisker hesitated getting too close, knowing a single pawstep into the pool of blood would stain his fur for a moon. But if he wanted to avoid the blood, he would need to keep yards away from them! Someone... maimed them. Blood doesn't splatter this far away for a simple kill. This was intentional. Passionate.

A deep breath in, deep breath out, then the warrior was padding through the pool of blood until the body was right at his paws. Multicolored eyes could now stare in horror at just what had been done to the warrior. Long, deep gashes seeped crimson - staining the white and gray cat a nasty brown color. Which one of these were the wounds that killed them? He would need a closer look. Careful not to get stuck to the body, Goopywhisker used a single unsheathed claw to turn the warrior over. More gashes greeted him, along with something that would haunt him forever. Bite marks. Feline bite marks.

Whitetwist had been.... Someone had.....oh stars....

He stepped back then, gazing down in horror. Anyone of these wounds could have killed them... any one of those bite marks were deep enough to end their life.... no matter which one it was, they suffered.

"May the s-stars light your path, Whitetwist. I won't r-rest until you get j-justice." Finally he turned his gaze away from the deceased warrior, fighting back nausea from the scene. No matter where he looked, it was just red. The ground was soaked red, Whitetwist's face was soaked, their body, their paws, their tail, their --

Wait.

Nausea forgotten, Goopywhisker zeroed in on Whitetwist's paw's. A tiny clump of crimson fur lay awkwardly in between their toes, threating to blow away with a gust of wind. Carefully, he plucked it out with his teeth; staring at it with his multicolored eyes. It was impossible to tell what color it had been originally... but it wasn't Whitetwist's. It was the killer's.

He needed to get home, and desperate times called for desperate measures. Angling his body awkwardly, he managed to stick Whitetwist's body onto his side. It would be a slow and unnatural process, but it was enough to bring the warrior - and the evidence- home.

(Goop is bringing the body back home!)

Last edited by Poprock; May 14th, 2024 at 07:34 PM.
Old May 14th, 2024, 07:47 PM
red's #1 fan

Bump Policy: 72 hours [ please provide link ]

mumblemoth

they/them . thc . 11 moons . autistic
tags ; @poppy , @Poprock
trigger warnings for this post: none

mumblemoth appeared, holding back a sob at whitetwist's mangled body. ' sweet starclan. ' they stared down at the body, standing next to goopy-goopywhisker, now, wasn't that right! exciting. anyways. back to the matter at hand. ' let me help you. ' they meowed, getting into position to help goopywhisker move the body.

cobwebpaw ☆ warblerpaw ☆ mumblemoth
trackers
Old May 15th, 2024, 10:07 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaybug. View Post

Batstorm
Beefed Up 1, 2, & 3

Well.. Nightpaw didn't exactly answer the question so Batstorm had expected the apprentice to bolt forward. Which, Nightpaw did. So Batstorm stood up the rest of the way so that he struggled to reach the top of his head. The warrior aimed his paw to attempt and smack Nightpaw's paw out of the way.

Batstorm was focused. He was going to go easy, but he also wasn't going to hurt Nightpaw. He knew the apprentice was impatient and he needed to be shown why you need to go slow instead of rushing everything. Batstorm then aimed a return blow towards Nightpaw's head with his massive paw.

See, this is why spars were good. Because then Nightpaw knew to be faster in a real fight instead of here, so that his attack wouldn't be knocked out of the air and he wouldn't be sent staggering sideways. He staggered and hit the ground with a grunt, rolling quickly back to his feet as he shook his pelt out. His claws stabbed into the ground as he turned to face Batstorm again and bolted forward a second time, now aiming to hit the warrior's shoulder hard.
Old May 15th, 2024, 10:37 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

(header by @/marigoldwhisper!)

Gracklepaw
11 moons || ShadowClan || 55/100

Gracklepaw nodded at Yellowtwists instructions. Okay. Sounded easy enough. He just had to find some dandelions and pluck 'em. He headed away from Yellowtwist and Tuftedtusk, wandering through the Icy Heartlands to find dandelions. His blue eyes quickly scoped out the yellow petaled flowers and he quickly leaned down to gently pluck a few of them by the stems. Then he trotted back over to Yellowtwist and Tuftedtusk with them in his jaw. He smiled and mumbles thought the flowers, "I got mine! Hope I did it right."

. . .

@Aroogi @Aolani - sorry for late & short reply

Last edited by chickadee; May 15th, 2024 at 10:37 PM.
Old May 15th, 2024, 10:48 PM
Lover's Rock

Bump Policy: Every twenty-four hours.
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
See, this is why spars were good. Because then Nightpaw knew to be faster in a real fight instead of here, so that his attack wouldn't be knocked out of the air and he wouldn't be sent staggering sideways. He staggered and hit the ground with a grunt, rolling quickly back to his feet as he shook his pelt out. His claws stabbed into the ground as he turned to face Batstorm again and bolted forward a second time, now aiming to hit the warrior's shoulder hard.

Batstorm
Beefed Up 1-3, Kitty Soft paws

Batstorm watched as Nightpaw staggered, then hit the ground with a decent grunt. Then, the apprentice quickly rolled back onto his feet. Which didn't surprise the black-furred warrior, he was expecting it. But Batstorm wasn't going to relent, this apprentice needed to be taught that you can't rush everything. His orange gaze was sharp as the apprentice started for the warrior once more.

Batstorm didn't bother deflecting the hit, instead he let the apprentice hit his shoulder. He didn't budge a single bit despite the force. Batstorm aimed a massive paw towards Nightpaw's flank, trying to push him away again. Though, Batstorm wasn't trying to hurt the apprentice. That wasn't his goal at all.

ASK BEFORE FRIENDING
Characters

Old May 16th, 2024, 12:12 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Lynxshade
Shadowclan Enforcer
33 moons | she/her

Shadow Fiend | Primal Instincts | Beefed Up (T3) | Bilingual (T3)
A small lake, shallow enough for an untrained apprentice to soak themselves and have a good lesson, lay in a clearing in the Icy Heartlands. With a flick of her tail, Lynxshade invited Kestrelpaw over and sat down for some quick instructions.
"Are you ready, Kestrelpaw? Let's start by soaking our paws and get more confidence as we enter in."

She padded slowly in, feeling the cold reach her bones. Not the greatest of the seasons to swim, for sure.
"Now, let's try a few movements. Your forelegs need to push your head upward and backward, whereas your hind legs will kick backward to propel you forward. Like this:" She made a few steps further and started swimming, showing the apprentice with slow movements what to do.