Old May 13th, 2024, 04:26 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: May Gathering

Midnightpaw
Shadowclan
She/her
86/100

Midnightpaw trudged alongside her clanmates to Seastones, anxiety fueling her oddly timid pawsteps. She had only attended one gathering thus far–and if she remembered correctly, it had gone down in chaos… But, it seemed that all gatherings were bound to be chaotic in some way, shape, or form from what she had heard from her clanmates. Nevertheless, she decided to attend this one.

Alongside her walked her… Homeboy? Homesizzle? Bestie? None of those terms really fit, but Batpaw was her closest pal nonetheless.

She sat herself near a Windclan fellow, although she didn’t make much of an attempt at starting a conversation with them, other than a simple, “Hope it’s okay for us to sit here.”

[ @silver. - Batpaw, @Kaybug. - Dovepaw, @Mica - Birdpaw ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old May 13th, 2024, 05:03 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

If Shrewstep had been walking around with his chest puffed out a bit more than strictly necessary for the past few days, that was really no one's business but his own. Fiercefire's return had given him reason to add even more swagger to his daily doings, even before the conflict with the minks. Then he had performed well in that battle, making fun of that little rabbit-rat Deadmoon and slaying two of the horrid rodents, and getting praise from Dawnstar whilst Fiercefire was left out. That hadn't fed his ego at ALL. And to top what had already been a glorious meeting off, he had been given a fresh apprentice, one to basically mold in his image if he was able to do so. That was trust. But finally, when he was sure naught could get better, he was named an enforcer. What could be better? Life was as good as it had been in a while, if Shrewstep pushed away the thought that he was essentially betraying the majority of his values from earlier in life.

So it was with a great store of confidence that Shrewstep entered the gathering, hot on the heels of Dawnstar but relatively late compared to the majority of the clan cats. A swift glance around assured him that Deadmoon wasn't in attendance (glorious) but caused someone else to catch his eye. Someone he hadn't expected to be in attendance. Ever. Not at a gathering, anyway. He had sort of planned to try and get a message to Marigoldleap somehow, perhaps by harassing one of her clanmates into asking her to meet him at the border or something, but it appeared that would be unnecessary. She was HERE. Odd, because he was under the impression she didn't want to be known by the rest of Shadowclan, but while the opportunity was there to speak to his friend, he was going to take advantage of it.

Shrewstep had the decency to be at least a little subtle in his approach, not making a direct and joyous beeline for Marigoldleap but instead going around the edge of the clearing, before sliding up sort of to her side. Hopefully that was subtle enough. He wasn't exactly tall enough to draw much attention in the crowd anyway, so he figured it was fine. Close enough to fine. But he HAD to talk to her. Not even entirely for his own satisfaction. Because, as loath as he was to admit it, he never would unless absolutely forced to, his conversation with Fiercefire had....affected him somewhat. His family might be gone, but it would be cruelly unfair for him to knowingly keep another cat from his family which remained, if that family still wanted to know him. He didn't know anything of Lynxpaw's whereabouts, but he knew where then-Ebonyfang now-Marigoldleap was, and had to talk to her.

He kept his voice low. How are you? I'm surprised to see you here, but I'm glad you're here because it has BEEN a moon! SO much had gone on, and while he might begin with the Fiercefire news, he wouldn't be hard pressed to resist a little bragging about himself as well. If he had his head on a bit straighter Shrewstep might be aware that him working more closely with Dawnstar might not be what Marigoldleap wanted to hear, but alas. He was a stupid cat. Um, something important happened about...you. Not, like, bad necessarily he was waffling on now, why couldn't he just SAY IT?? but.....Fiercefire is back. A pause for dramatic effect, because he was a fan of drama, what could he say? He was asking about you, and if any of his family was left. I told him no, you were all missing he was a half-decent cat, not revealing secrets and such but I thought you should know. If you wanted me to tell him anything. Or not. He was personally hoping a bit more towards the 'or not' side of things, but that was his own personal biases. His stance towards their relationship remained the same now, if it made Marigoldleap happy he would do it, though perhaps not with a smile on his face. @Madelaine
Old May 13th, 2024, 05:46 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Lazy

Whisperinghive
Beefed Up T1 [ACTIVE] Survival Instincts[ACTIVE] Just a Scratch

Whisperingpa- no. Whisperinghive followed Twilightstar to the gathering as a new warrior. His hate for Riverclan grew as the smell flooded his nose. Windclan and Riverclan weren't in the best situation with each other. Everyone was killing and trespassing.

Whisperinhive sat up straight, his tail curling over his paws. He was a warrior now. He had to look and act like it.

[Short, sorry] @Dolomedes

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
Old May 13th, 2024, 06:22 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

(header by @/marigoldwhisper!)

Gracklepaw
11 moons || ShadowClan || 54/100

. . .

Gracklepaw padded alongside the rest of his Clan to the Gathering. He was growing more and more confident and proud to call himself a ShadowClan cat at each meeting. He no longer trailed behind in the back and no longer stared at everything with his jaw gaped in awe.

He did adore the seastones though. In all his time wandering this earth Gracklepaw had never seen such a beautiful sight as the ocean. The way that the waves lapped at the shore so peacefully, and the sounds they made were also so tranquil. It was a complete juxtaposition to the dramatics that often got displayed at these Gatherings. Leaders often yowled at each other and cats argued or mingled. He'd made friends at his past two Gatherings. Turtlepaw at his first. (He'd been too anxious to talk to anyone outside of ShadowClan) And Lightningpaw at the last. (Did Lightningpaw count? He wasn't sure. But he liked the ginger tom) The sunset only made the sight even prettier. The way that the array of colors mixed through the sky was always a lovely sight to him. The sky was always so much prettier than anything else down here in his opinion.

His black paws padded through the cool sand, it felt nice and soothing on his pads as he trekked to the seastones. They'd finally made it. The tom took a seat in the middle of the cats who were already present, wondering what tonight had in store for them.

His blue eyes flicked the RiverClan. Ah. A welcome surprise. The fishies showed up tonight, at least that's what the ShadowClanners liked to call them. He'd heard stories about them. He wondered what they might be like. From what he'd heard they lacked leadership and liked to swim and wish. Yuck! Who liked to get their pelt wet just for fish. Now, he'd never had some himself, but Grackle was quite sure that fish were not worth the trouble of getting wet.

He relaxed with a content smile. It'd be interesting to meet one of these RiverClan cats. It'd be interesting to talk to anybody, though."

. . .

(open!!)

Old May 13th, 2024, 06:37 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
There was one of his children. Showing up at perhaps the worst time, but at least she was present, unlike Goosepaw and Wrenpaw, the little fleabags.

Mountaintalon gave Kestrelpaw a stern look as his daughter proceeded to chatter up a storm like some sort of squirrel, or the birds one of his other children had been named after. "Decent enough job, I suppose," he drawled, scooping his tail around her flank. "Tell me, have you seen any of your siblings around lately? Their presence has been sorely lacking."
[ #flocklitterkestrel ]

Kestrelpaw blinked, one eye after the other, like some sort of lizard as her brain slowly, veeeeery slowly comprehended his approval. She lit up like a Christmas tree almost twenty seconds of awkward silence later. "Nopeity nope!" Then again, Kestrelpaw had been hiding from her mentor for the past moon or so, and hiding from everyone else also in the process. "Shrikepaw 'n' Warblerpaw an' Wrenpaw were gone, so I came here! To you!"

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old May 13th, 2024, 06:40 PM
Lover's Rock

Bump Policy: Every twenty-four hours.
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omari View Post
Midnightpaw
Shadowclan
She/her
86/100

Midnightpaw trudged alongside her clanmates to Seastones, anxiety fueling her oddly timid pawsteps. She had only attended one gathering thus far–and if she remembered correctly, it had gone down in chaos… But, it seemed that all gatherings were bound to be chaotic in some way, shape, or form from what she had heard from her clanmates. Nevertheless, she decided to attend this one.

Alongside her walked her… Homeboy? Homesizzle? Bestie? None of those terms really fit, but Batpaw was her closest pal nonetheless.

She sat herself near a Windclan fellow, although she didn’t make much of an attempt at starting a conversation with them, other than a simple, “Hope it’s okay for us to sit here.”

[ @silver. - Batpaw, @Kaybug. - Dovepaw, @Mica - Birdpaw ]

- @silver. (Batpaw), - @Mica (Birdpaw)
Dovepaw
They/He
Windclan

Dovepaw jumped a little in surprise. "Oh- oh! Yeah. Go ahead." His blue eyes were wide as he looked at the group of cats sitting with him now. The apprentice who had spoken seemed timid just like him and so he cracked a tiny smile as he knew how anxious it is to be at a meeting. Especially with all that has been going on...

Nevertheless, they made room for the other two cats she had brought with her... Maybe they could become friends...? Eh... it'd be rough with Windclan and Shadowclan's long history... besides weren't our clans enemies? Oh well, he didn't want to think about that right now so he dismissed the thought with a slight shake of his head.

ASK BEFORE FRIENDING
Characters

Last edited by Kaybug.; May 13th, 2024 at 06:40 PM.
Old May 13th, 2024, 06:43 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

he/him // 7 moons
31/100

---

Ah, his first Gathering. How thrilling. For the first time he would be able to smell and see cats from every single other clan. And though he didn't necessarily want to do either of those things he would in order to make Shadowclan proud. Padding along the sand, he realizes they are the last to arrive. There was nothing wrong with that-- only meant that Shadowclan would spend as little time here playing nice as possible. He didn't hate the idea.

Finding himself a spot to settle, he watches as Dawnstar jumps up to claim her spot amongst the other leaders. He can't help but snort. Next to her they all look puny.

[ open! ]

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old May 13th, 2024, 06:48 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

batpaw
he/him // 16 moons // shc apprentice
purrks: shadow fiend, burn baby burn
11/100

---

Another one of these things. Ugh. Batpaw despised the fraternizing but if Midpaw wanted to go, then he couldn't let her outdo him. Walking silently at her side, he realizes that she's... Finding a seat next to a stranger. What did this stranger possibly have that interested her? Even just their response was pathetic. A hiss on his breath he decides he won't let it be so. Midpaw wouldn't be sullied by this filth. He worms his way between the two of them so he's in the middle, a large, threatening grin tugging at his features as he leans in a bit too close to Dovepaw's face. Orange eyes wide and staring, expecting something.

"Good evening." He sneers, head slowly tilting off to a side. "You stink of rabbit. Did you know rabbits are my favorite thing to eat? Kufufu..."

midpaw | @Omari // dovepaw | @Kaybug. // birdpaw | @Mica

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !

Last edited by silver.; May 13th, 2024 at 07:31 PM.
Old May 13th, 2024, 07:33 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Twilightstar showed, notably still without a deputy to accompany her - another painful reminder of what the fish had done. Bumblestar returned the WindClan leader's nod and scooted sideways to give her more room to sit, taking note of the change in position. She didn't blame her.

Bumblestar sniffed as the fish as they addressed her. One of them exiled, fine. "If that's as good as it gets, I'll take it," she muttered.

ShadowClan pulled in next, and Bumblestar turned her attention away from the fish to listen to the ShadowClan leader's announcements. Looked like Dawnstar had fixed her deputy problem, and that their main medicine cat had taken a step back, but otherwise, nothing else major had occurred. Bumblestar' tail flipped against the rocks as Dawnstar stepped back, before she rose to her feet to take the bigger leader's place.

"With new-leaf finally rollin' in, ThunderClan's also been doing fine.

With Dawnstar's permission, we've taken hold of Sunkissed Creek again. Dewpaw 'n Vixenpaw have both started their training, 'n two of our cats have returned to us: Larkswoop 'n Bluepaw."

She tossed the new RiverClan leader a glance, seeing as these next couple bits of information pertained to them. "An apprentice who used to go by the name Crowpaw's been demoted, renamed Thrushkit, 'n exiled. I was in the middle of doing his ceremony when a warrior of mine revealed that he'd been seein' a RiverClan cat by the name of Sweetsong, 'n was planning on lyin' to me about taking his oath 'n his warrior name before he abandoned his Clan for her. I told him to get the hell out - ThunderClan's not a place where liars can get away with spewin' their dung. 'N if any of you come across him on your borders, I highly recommend turnin' him away or just getting rid of him. Any cat who tries to pull this kinda thing isn't worth havin' in your ranks or even giving the time of day, I can guarantee you. 'N if he was willing to lie to me about serving ThunderClan, I can bet he's more than willing to lie to you about his loyalty, his name, 'n anything else he has to fork over.

"Finally, since we've gotten Sunkissed Creek back, I don't see any point in holdin' onto Cattail Pond anymore. RiverClan can take that back. The place stinks of badger 'n it's not worth my Clan's time 'n energy lookin' after any further. We're finished with it."

A sharp glint in her eyes made it clearly known that this was not a peace offering and shouldn't be considered one. The fish had a very long way to come before Bumblestar would over consider something of that caliber. With a another lash of her tail, she stepped back to give the next speaker their space.

#gathering

[ @Undertaker @Mica @occultation @taillow @Moonraven @Starfall ]

Last edited by dino.; May 13th, 2024 at 07:34 PM.
Old May 13th, 2024, 07:46 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
Tulippaw
?/100 || RiverClan || 9 moons || she/her

. . .

ShadowClan arrived late, it seemed. She wrinkled her nose as she watched their leader stroll in like she owned the place. So that’s the infamous Dawnstar. She thought to herself as her green eyes scanned the leader. They smelled disgusting. The marshy scent of ShadowClan was worse than the bunnies in WindClan and the scent of the ThunderClan forests. She rolled her eyes. What a bunch of self-righteous pricks.

Tulippaw’s heart jumped a bit when she heard the name Fogpaw, the same way her heart did everytime she heard that prefix. But it wasn’t him. Just some ShadowClan apprentice with the same prefix. Tulippaw would probably never stop missing her brother, but she could accept that he was gone at least.

Tulippaw didn’t really understand all the hype around Gatherings. Here she was. In the back of the crowd. Alone. Like usual. Except now they had a bunch of pissy Clans and leaders sitting with them too. The ocean was nice though. She liked the feeling of the sand beneath her paws, but sitting around in a crowd while leaders bickered like kings was not appealing to the calico. Why did she even come here again?

. . .

@MangofDoom - YIPEE THE REUNION!!

Fogpaw

shadowclan apprentice | he/him | 9 moons | albino
purrks; kitty softpaws (inactive)
tags; -

Fogpaw quickly peels away from the rest of Shadowclan towards the back of the crowd. He’s gotten surprisingly good at dodging and weaving in crowds, especially with most of the cats being the size of whole foxes. Well- he’s never seen a fox but that will change soon.

The new apprentice finds a spot near the back to begin to groom his dirtied tail. His paws may be covered in dirt, but his tail will stay clean for the gathering.

As he grooms himself, Fogpaw throws his eyes around, landing towards Riverclan. Finally showed up, huh? Then Dawnstar jumps into announcements and he sits up straighter. Fogpaw. Hearing his new name makes him purr a bit, but as his name is called he sees someone flinch. A lone calico behind the rest of Riverclan. Calico.

Fogpaw’s stomach drops. Is that? Could they be? Fogpaw bites their tongue and tries to sneak closer, to get a better look. The last time he’d seen Tulipkit was in his nightmare. And this cat…

”…E-Excuse me?” Fogpaw croaks, his throat suddenly dry. If it’s not her- oh, no if it’s not her what will he say? They’re obviously Riverclan, they probably hate him for staying in Shadowclan…

If they are Tulipkit, would they hate him for staying in Shadowclan?

-
(LETS GOOOOOOO)