Old May 10th, 2024, 04:08 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: Icy Heartlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaybug. View Post

Batstorm

"It's called Icy Heartlands for a reason chap. Now chin up. If you can survive here, imagine how easy it'll be in the rest of our territory," Batstorm chuckled. If anyone knew him well, then they'd know that it's hard to make him entertained. But here was Nightpaw, making him laugh. The black furred warrior stretched a bit.

"We're going to be doing battle training so. Remember to keep your claws sheathed." Batstorm nodded. His orange gaze swept over the apprentice, assessing him. "I'll start you off with something simple, just a paw strike. Make sure you pay attention, alright?" he gave another nod to Nightpaw. Batstorm then began to demonstrate the paw strike with a sheathed paw. It was pretty simple, just lift your paw up, and slam it down.

"Now you go ahead and try it youngin'" Batstorm stated. He sat down to make it easier on Nightpaw to reach his head. To be fair, Batstorm was kind of tall and big.
Nightpaw's attention turned to Batstorm as the warrior started talking. The mention of sheathed claws made his eyebrows furrow. He knew that was how it worked, but it still didn't make a lot of sense. Battles weren't fought with sheathed claws, so why should they train with them?

His eyes tracked Batstorm's paw as the warrior demonstrated the move, and he sat up to try it once offered. He reached out to smack Batstorm on the head - probably with more force than necessary.
Old May 10th, 2024, 04:15 PM
Lover's Rock

Bump Policy: Every twenty-four hours.
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Nightpaw's attention turned to Batstorm as the warrior started talking. The mention of sheathed claws made his eyebrows furrow. He knew that was how it worked, but it still didn't make a lot of sense. Battles weren't fought with sheathed claws, so why should they train with them?

His eyes tracked Batstorm's paw as the warrior demonstrated the move, and he sat up to try it once offered. He reached out to smack Batstorm on the head - probably with more force than necessary.

Batstorm

"Aye! That was a little hard!" Batstorm rubbed the top of his own head in reaction. "Good job though, that was well done. Any questions before I give you another move to try?" The black warrior tilted his head slightly. His orange gaze stayed on the apprentice while he waited for a response.

Batstorm removed his paw from his head and put it back on the ground. Then, he proceeded to stretch out his front legs.

ASK BEFORE FRIENDING
Characters

Old May 10th, 2024, 04:21 PM
roar

Quote:

Batstorm

"Aye! That was a little hard!" Batstorm rubbed the top of his own head in reaction. "Good job though, that was well done. Any questions before I give you another move to try?" The black warrior tilted his head slightly. His orange gaze stayed on the apprentice while he waited for a response.

Batstorm removed his paw from his head and put it back on the ground. Then, he proceeded to stretch out his front legs.

"You said my turn. I took my turn." It wasn't his fault that a little smack was enough to get Batstorm all out of sorts. With a flick of his tail, Nightpaw shook his head. "No questions. I'm good to go for whatever's next."
Old May 10th, 2024, 04:41 PM
Lover's Rock

[QUOTE

=dino.;1588850]"You said my turn. I took my turn." It wasn't his fault that a little smack was enough to get Batstorm all out of sorts. With a flick of his tail, Nightpaw shook his head. "No questions. I'm good to go for whatever's next."[/QUOTE]

Batstorm

Batstorm snorted at the apprentice's words. "Yeah yeah, I did say your turn." The black warrior thought for a moment as he paced a little. Then he remembered his very first lesson with his mentor, Grapevine, which gave him the perfect idea.

"Hm. I'll give you the first move my mentor taught me. It'll keep you alive, that's for sure. It's simple and efficient so you better pay close attention, kid." Batstorm turned his head towards the apprentice while he paced. "It's called the duck and twist. I'm going to teach you how my mentor taught me, which means you have to pretend I'm you and you're my opponent" He stopped walking for a moment.

Batstorm mimicked the move he knew so well and gracefully leapt to the side like Grapevine, as if Nightpaw had hit him, then Batstorm darted forward. If any cat was watching, he seemed like a replica of her. His orange gaze had a focused look to them. Batstorm slid a sheathed paw across Nightpaw's side, then proceeded to run past him. Eventually, Batstorm did stop though.

"The move goes like that. A dodge, then you quickly attack, and then you run. Go on and demonstrate it for me, kid."

ASK BEFORE FRIENDING
Characters

Old May 11th, 2024, 10:46 PM
roar

Quote:
Batstorm

Batstorm snorted at the apprentice's words. "Yeah yeah, I did say your turn." The black warrior thought for a moment as he paced a little. Then he remembered his very first lesson with his mentor, Grapevine, which gave him the perfect idea.

"Hm. I'll give you the first move my mentor taught me. It'll keep you alive, that's for sure. It's simple and efficient so you better pay close attention, kid." Batstorm turned his head towards the apprentice while he paced. "It's called the duck and twist. I'm going to teach you how my mentor taught me, which means you have to pretend I'm you and you're my opponent" He stopped walking for a moment.

Batstorm mimicked the move he knew so well and gracefully leapt to the side like Grapevine, as if Nightpaw had hit him, then Batstorm darted forward. If any cat was watching, he seemed like a replica of her. His orange gaze had a focused look to them. Batstorm slid a sheathed paw across Nightpaw's side, then proceeded to run past him. Eventually, Batstorm did stop though.

"The move goes like that. A dodge, then you quickly attack, and then you run. Go on and demonstrate it for me, kid."

Nightpaw's ears pricked with interest. This one had an interesting name, so maybe it would be something a little more useful than just a slap on the head. He stood up a little straighter, tail twitching from one side to another in interest.

The initiation caught him off-guard, despite Batstorm's initial introduction to it, and he stumbled as the warrior's paw swept across his side. He scrambled for his balance and whipped around to face Batstorm, blinking rapidly. Yeah, this one would be good.

He ran his tongue around his jaws and ran the move through his thoughts a few times, committing it to memory. Then when given the go-ahead, he ducked to the side as if dodging a blow and lunged forward, aiming to strike Batstorm's flank as he darted past the older tom and skidded to a halt behind him. "Like that??"
Old May 13th, 2024, 02:43 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

(header by @/marigoldwhisper!)

Gracklepaw
11 moons || ShadowClan || 53/100

. . .

Gracklepaw followed the other two warriors out into the Icy Heartlands. A content grin graced his features as he enjoyed the warmer weather that came with New Leaf.

It was a new experience to be on an herb patrol. He still found the Clan's methods of healing and talking to their ancestors a bit... odd. Whenever he got hurt he just let it happen. It didn't make sense why they needed a ton of herbs and remedies, but hey. If it worked it worked. He shrugged. It wasn't that big of a deal. Maybe he was just silly.

"Hey, Yellowtwist, Tuftedtusk? What do we even do on a herb patrol? Is there a right and wrong way to collect herbs?" He asked with a tilt of his head.

. . .

@Aroongi - @Aolani - ik that yellowtwist is the patrol leader, but im gonna post to speed this up

Last edited by chickadee; May 13th, 2024 at 02:47 PM.
Old May 13th, 2024, 02:51 PM
Lover's Rock

Quote:
Nightpaw's ears pricked with interest. This one had an interesting name, so maybe it would be something a little more useful than just a slap on the head. He stood up a little straighter, tail twitching from one side to another in interest.

The initiation caught him off-guard, despite Batstorm's initial introduction to it, and he stumbled as the warrior's paw swept across his side. He scrambled for his balance and whipped around to face Batstorm, blinking rapidly. Yeah, this one would be good.

He ran his tongue around his jaws and ran the move through his thoughts a few times, committing it to memory. Then when given the go-ahead, he ducked to the side as if dodging a blow and lunged forward, aiming to strike Batstorm's flank as he darted past the older tom and skidded to a halt behind him. "Like that??"

Batstorm
Beefed Up 1, 2, & 3

Batstorm met Nightpaw's eyes as the apprentice whipped around. He stood still as the apprentice went for it. Nightpaw's paw didn't quite get his flank, it was just barely short of reaching it. Though, the apprentice did an excellent job of recreating the move otherwise.

"Good job... Just make sure you hit their flank. Also, don't stop, keep running once you manage to hit 'em. You don't want your opponent to just whip around. And keep in mind, your opponent will not be standing still when fighting."

ASK BEFORE FRIENDING
Characters

Old May 13th, 2024, 02:54 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)

"Yeah, we just pick up what the medicine cat wants us to." Yellowtwist said quickly. He didn't want this to take longer than it needed to be. "You guys go find dandelions." He said, trying to get rid of them without sounding rude, though he wasn't opposed to that he didn't want to end up in an argument at the moment.

The golden tom searched and found 4 broom, all in one spot. How convenient. "You guys done?"
[ @Aroogi @chickadee thank you so much !! I knew I was missing something, god i need a tracker. Respond asap, I don't really care if it's a one liner ]

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3
Old May 13th, 2024, 03:14 PM
roar

Quote:

Batstorm
Beefed Up 1, 2, & 3

Batstorm met Nightpaw's eyes as the apprentice whipped around. He stood still as the apprentice went for it. Nightpaw's paw didn't quite get his flank, it was just barely short of reaching it. Though, the apprentice did an excellent job of recreating the move otherwise.

"Good job... Just make sure you hit their flank. Also, don't stop, keep running once you manage to hit 'em. You don't want your opponent to just whip around. And keep in mind, your opponent will not be standing still when fighting."

...This was stupid. Too many specifics, but fine, if this was the norm, then he'd deal with it. Nightpaw shook his head hard enough to make his ears flap as if clearing his thoughts. "Noted. Is there anything else or can I actually put it to use now?" A real spar would be useful.
Old May 13th, 2024, 06:48 PM
Lover's Rock

Quote:
...This was stupid. Too many specifics, but fine, if this was the norm, then he'd deal with it. Nightpaw shook his head hard enough to make his ears flap as if clearing his thoughts. "Noted. Is there anything else or can I actually put it to use now?" A real spar would be useful.

Batstorm
Beefed Up 1, 2, & 3

"Sure. Let's spar then." Batstorm nodded at Nightpaw. The black-furred warrior padded a few tail-lengths away. "Now... do you want me to start?" He lifted his massive paw off the ground and scratched his ear quickly then set it down again. He put his weight in his haunches so if the apprentice came running at him, he wouldn't budge... well he wouldn't anyway... but showing Nightpaw would probably be useful... Especially with how impatient he was.

ASK BEFORE FRIENDING
Characters

Last edited by Kaybug.; May 13th, 2024 at 06:48 PM.