Today 01:03 AM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Onion Sandwich
Today 12:53 AM

Old February 25th, 2024, 01:10 PM

Bump Policy: Every 1-2 Days
Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Alpinekit heard Fawnsplash, and she looked over at her. A few seconds later, she screamed ear-splittingly for thirty seconds. She was so shocked to see part of her ear missing.

Thistletoe - @Cubeisdagoat, Mousepaw - @TheRadioDemon, Stormclaw - @mossyrhombus, Fawnsplash - @starry
Old February 25th, 2024, 01:42 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
Brindlekit was about to make some.......questionable choices. He often made questionable choices, in all fairness, but this was perhaps his most foolish to date. He was going to seek the attention of his grandmother. Great-grandmother, but who was really counting? He got the vague sense that adding the great-, while perhaps accurate, would be construed as a form of disrespect by the massive she-cat. An insult towards her aging, perhaps. He wasn´t going to risk it. Tansyjaw would suffice as a form of address, in his opinion. So he used it, approaching the fur-mound with a hint of trepidation. Tansyjaw? Would you be willing to.......teach me something?

Stars, that sounded daft. Teach him something. Something. There were a lot of somethings, most of which he´d no interest in learning, or Tansyjaw would have no interest in teaching him. Hmm. Best rephrase this quick. I mean......I want to be ready for my apprenticeship, and get a bit of a head start, maybe? Would you have the time to teach me a crouch, perhaps? That sounded a bit better. More exact, more respectful too. Yes, that was better.

----------------------------------

Who was this who dared to awake her from her nap? With a twitch of her ear, then a twitch of her tail, and finally a cascade of fur and muscle, Tansyjaw heaved herself to a sitting position. She peered down at one of her grandson´s kits. She was fairly certain it was Brindlekit? But regardless, she was.....tolerating it´s presence. If he did want to learn, she supposed she could oblige. With the discontinuance of the kit curriculum (so maybe she missed yelling at the worms a little bit) she didn´t have too much to do during the day, and while that was sort of the whole point of retirement it didn´t suit her well, especially when the rest of the clan was in so much action all of the time. So, her response ended up being a curt Fine. as she got fully to her feet, before dropping into a crouch. Tail back flat, front paws neatly and evenly spaced, hind paws just a hint wider and clearly supporting her raised haunches. It was well practiced and smooth, and it was now up to Brindlekit to Copy this. If he couldn´t get something at least passable with this good of an example, he´d never amount to anything. (Open?)

Yes! Brindlekit restrained his squeal of excitement as Tansyjaw assented to his request, entering a crouch that he vaguely recognized from apprentices lurking around but also had no clue how to do. But now he was going to learn! Theoretically, anyways. It was fully possible that his approximation of the stalking position would be so terrible that Tansyjaw would shoo him unceremoniously away, but the prospect of potential success moved him to attempt to mimick her. It wasn´t easy, his paws didn´t like being tucked underneath him so firmly, but after a bit of shuffling about he managed something passable. His hind paws were far to far under him, however, and when he tried to move it was with a stumbling stride. His tail, too, lacked the necessary discipline, and popped up to a straight position, almost like a flag above his back. Nevertheless, Brindlekit ventured Is this.....ok? in the general direction of his supervisor, eyes and voice hopefully, perhaps foolishly so.

-----------------------------------------------

It was......something, at least. The chances of her great grandson catching anything as he was currently positioned were slim, but the faults were fixable. At least they ought to be, if he had any sense of coordination. What was rather more irritating than the shambolic crouch was his need for praise. Tansyjaw was aware he was a child, and therefore a bit naive, but praise was not something to be requested. It had to be earned, and earned through a feat far more impressive than a shoddy hunting crouch in the clearing. All of this information and personality led her response to his question into the territory where a firm No. was the only response suitable, followed by a thorough catalog of his faults. Should she be more gentle? Almost certainly, and she likely would have been if it were any other kit. But this was one of her families, even if Shadowclan blood tainted his veins, and he had to be good. Better than good. Great. Influence was fickle and the importance of her clan-within-the-clan was waning and would continue to do so if this next generation didn´t gain some sort of competence.

Your front paws are too far under yourself, as are your hind paws. As this was said she moved to adjust the offending limbs, flicking at them with her own, large paws in an attempt to scoot them outwards. Her eyes were up, surveying. There was little familial about this critique, except, perhaps, the fact that she was deigning to do so in the first place. Your tail is far too high, everything in the forest will see you coming if you can´t get it down. Not too low, mind, or you´ll rustle all the leaves. She´d leave it to him to find a medium with that one, or, failing that, push it down herself later. For now Tansyjaw instructed Brindlekit to Try and start moving without tripping over yourself. Whether she meant this as a general statement, or as one implying she thought self-tripping was eminent was unclear, but the tone suggested something of the latter. (Open?)
Old February 25th, 2024, 02:29 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

___...*| Pudgekit |*...___
[ He/Him - Thunderclan Kit - 6 moons ]

Running out of the nursery the kitten was caught chasing a blue jay feather she had found in the camp. The wind blew it around and the young tom couldn't help, but run after it. The feather stopped not far from him and he crouched down messily before pouncing on top of it. Pudgekit felt his paws slip underneath him, causing him to roll before landing on his back. Like it never happened he jumped up quickly and continued to play.

[ open ]

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.

Last edited by Madelaine; February 25th, 2024 at 03:13 PM.
Old February 25th, 2024, 02:31 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours (24 hours for time sensitive)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyrhombus View Post
Stormclaw laid his eyes on the kit and tilted his head.
"Oh, is that right? I'm excited for you!"
Suddenly he was down to the ground in a playful position, pawing gently at the kit.
"What will you do once you become a warrior?"

Grovekit
( dark ginger bengal she-cat with dark blue eyes )
ThunderClan Kitshe/her5 moons
chatty • daydreamer • odd

Grovekit grinned. "I'll be the best warrior in ThunderClan! I'll keep out all the nasty other clanners an' I'm gonna be one of Bumblestar's Hornets! There's a spot open, you know," she said sagely.

No you have a good day!
Characters | BlazeClan
Old February 25th, 2024, 03:03 PM
im back i swear it

Bump Policy: 2 Days
My Mood: Thinking

Leafpaw
Dark brown Siamese-Abyssinian-Turkish Angora mix ▵ She/Her
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

There were a whole lot of things she was angry or upset about, the raid, her old mentor going missing and her last standing sister gone. It all made her want to rip her hair out and hide away in the apprentice's den to never be seen again. Yet she was here, sitting in the clearing looking like she ate something sour. Leafpaw hadn't joined in on the raid since she had no battle training, only hunting. She should fix that yet she wondered at times if it was worth it if she had no one to fight for. She might live here in thunderclan and she was loyal to her home. Yet when she glanced around so didn't have anything she felt the need to fight for, there might be Mudhound but they were capable of handling themselves. Sunpaw also vanished, a cat she thought she was getting along with, was everyone she was destined to meet going to up and leave her? Sure seemed that way, and made her wonder if it was worth making connections with anyone.

So wrapped up in her thoughts she almost missed Fawnsplash calling her name along with a few other apprentices. Leafpaw lost count of how many herb patrols she had gone on, she knew it was enough to at least recognize a few herbs. With a sigh, she got up and approached the somewhat scuffed-up-looking warrior. "'kay" was all she said as she stood there and waited for the others to join.

@starry @Alchemist Kitsune @Estelle
══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw

Old February 25th, 2024, 04:08 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

It was quite a curious sight indeed. At least, for the young apprentice, only six moons of age and one moon out the medicine cat's den (or was it two)? Either way, it felt like yesterday since she was finally able to leave. But that is just to say, with having spent half her young life in the nursery, and the rest of her young life sick, and then to become an apprentice, well - she wasn't quite familiar with the cruelties of life. So when she was awoken from a deep slumber inside the apprentice's den after a strange amount of cats had left the clearing (Poppypaw hadn't quite paid attention to the last meeting other than her ceremony), she couldn't help but vaguely stand in the den's mouth as she watched everyone file back inside. Naturally, the brittle apprentice hadn't participated herself - why, she wouldn't know how to harm a fly! Not that flies were easy to catch, not that she'd tried. She simply didn't have any training as of right now, and that was why, too.

But, that didn't stop from her new duties to call! And today, those duties took on the voice of a warrior whom she had just watched return into to camp. The poor feline's ear was all red and... Gone? Gone! Poppypaw, even as she methodically wobbled forth on imbalanced legs, couldn't help but stare at the missing ear covered in red drips. It just looked so strange! Oh, but then she heard those words, 'need' and 'healing'. The clan needed Springy! The one who treated her sniffles and she saw in the plant den with, uhm... Frizzy(?)! Without second thought Poppypaw eagerly nodded her head.
"Poppy help, Poppy help! Poppy a big girl now, so she can help."
The young apprentice nodded happily. Now, you may wonder if she understood what she needed to help with, and you would be delighted to know that she did. Springy needed the plants, lots and lots of plants! That's what the plant den smelled like, and that's what she gave Poppy both times she was there and unwell, mhm. Poppy didn't know what plants exactly, but the warrior who called her looked like she knew.

[ @starry @Leafy @Alchemist Kitsune ]

Old February 25th, 2024, 07:41 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Sprucepaw |
Kitty Softpaws - Active | Ultimate Predator - Inactive | Agatha Kitty - Active

It wasn't the norm for the nine moon old apprentice to be paying attention to the happenings of the clan. For the most part, unless it involved him and his personal well being, he didn't really care. The star worshipers were weird, and even if they weren't, getting attached wasn't a smart call. The day Angry felt like it, she would kill you. Easy as that. And it was just... generally accepted that this was okay? Some sort of weird star worshiper ritual thing, he supposed. Even he wasn't so blind, however, as to turn away as the mass of injured, blood soaked cats started milling through the camp's entrance, injuries rampant amongst the ranks.

His instant instinct was to scour the injured cats for his mentor. He'd heard about this raid... and had promptly decided to sit it out. It sounded ridiculous. Going off to attack cats because they were too quiet? Angry had a few acorns rattling about her brain if she really thought that made any sense. But The Boulder was fond of Angry, what with the head of the clan being their sister and all that. It was a silly reason to be attached to someone. Fudge had experienced first pawed just how quick to dissolve familial bonds were when the going got tough. It was every cat for themselves in the end. But The Boulder didn't understand that... and the Havana Brown mix was worried for them. A weakness, he knew... but he'd come to accept it. For now.

Before he could spot them, a voice called out his name. Deadpanned glare glinting with only the slightest hint of annoyance turned towards the culprit, emerald hues landing on a tricolored tortoiseshell he wasn't familiar with. The fact that he didn't recognize her didn't surprise him. He didn't go about making social calls with the cats in this place. The fact that she called him so familiarly, however, did. How did she even know who he was? He was so careful about not calling to anyone's attention. He hunted whenever he had to hunt. Excelled at climbing. Kept out of other cats' ways. The way he saw it, he was such a perfect specimen of an apprentice, he shouldn't be attracting attention. It was only the troublemakers that Angry seemed to notice as far as he was aware. And that suited him just fine. The less consideration he was given, the higher his chances for survival as far as he was concerned.

A single dark ear twitched as he heard Patches giving orders, and he held back a groan. Herbs? Again? Where was she? Where was that evil herb cat? Had she put Patches up to this? Was this another trap? Well, he wouldn't fall to her nettles of pain again. Absolutely not! Perish the thought! He had grown from that attempt against his life. Become stronger for it! If the herb cat thought that his life would be that easy to acquihire, she was sadly mistaken!

Still... he had no reason to say no. If anything, staying behind after a direct order had been given would definitely not look good for him. Besides, the other apprentices were already there and... wait? Was that one of the fiends that vied for his mentor's attentions on a regular basis?! Well then... that changed things. He would be more than happy to join this patrol and showcase which one of them both was the better apprentice. Obviously, it was him, but he just wanted to make sure Not-Fudgepaw got that through her head as well. Emotionless orbs scanning one last time for his mentor, Fudge padded towards the gathered cats, muttering a single word to let Patches know he was ready. He didn't think it was necessary, but the other two seemed to think so... and his picking up on these cats social cues wasn't the best ever, so might as well play along.

"Compliant," he drawled, not bothering to sit down once more, assuming they would be heading out instantaneously.

@starry [Fawnsplash] | @Leafy [Leafpaw] | @Estelle [Poppypaw]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old February 26th, 2024, 03:52 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highsnow of Matterhorn View Post
The 3 moons old Alpinekit walked to a large rock as big as a medium-sized dog and looked around. She started to dig a hole.

@Cubeisdagoat, @TheRadioDemon, @mossyrhombus
Thistletoe caught sight of a small kit digging a hole and watched in pure curiosity.
Old February 26th, 2024, 08:27 AM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

Leopardkit existed.

Old February 26th, 2024, 12:20 PM

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highsnow of Matterhorn View Post
Alpinekit heard Fawnsplash, and she looked over at her. A few seconds later, she screamed ear-splittingly for thirty seconds. She was so shocked to see part of her ear missing.

Thistletoe - @Cubeisdagoat, Mousepaw - @TheRadioDemon, Stormclaw - @mossyrhombus, Fawnsplash - @starry
Stormclaw flattened his ears against his head at the young kits scream. "There's no need to scream like that." He said lightly.