SilverStorm Header.
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 06:31 AM

Old January 8th, 2023, 11:10 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: Firefly Cove

Vixenpaw sniffled a little. The air was cold, and despite the fluff covering her body, she wasn't much used to it now that the snow had infiltrated her warm barrier. And she had been born during the warm season, too, so the cold and snow was quite foreign to her. Having been startled by the disappearing act the snow pile had done on her, and the flashes of white flakes going past her blue eyes, she now remained here. Close, very close, to Quail. Quail felt was warm and felt safe, unlike that stinky stinky pile of white dust! Vixenpaw glared at it, giving it a disapproving look similar to the look she'd given Ashy's big bully, when he made her red. Just much less angry and more offended. Eyes then going half shut as she pressed the side of her head against the warrior, they opened back up to a big round and surprised blue at the light flick over her nose. Oh! Vixenpaw stared at her nose, then Quailfur. Her nose was less cold now! Did she do magic? But, the young apprentice thought, only her mama had ever done that before. Did they share the same magic?

But her question was left unanswered when a cold breeze ruffled the warmed up side of her fur when Quailfur proceeded. Of course, right. They were on a! Uh, duty! Yeah! Puffing her chest with a (faux) serious air, she nodded her head vigorously before following Quailfur. Of course, being careful to walk exactly where Quailfur walked so the stinky snow wouldn't try to eat her again. Though, it was a little complicated as the warrior's paw steps were much larger than her own small ones. But she didn't want to be eaten by snow again either, so this would have to do! Being leader, can Birdyflight tell the snow not to eat her? Or anyone? How many cats haven been eaten by snow already..? Hm, that was a good question that Vixenpaw pondered over until she bumped against a solid back - the back of Quailfur. She found the warrior in a curious stance, one she was supposed to copy? Vixenpaw tilted her head. It looked... Weird. And uncomfortable. The spotted she-cat had to ponder this for a few moments, curiously watching Quailfur's stance. She seemed to be looking at something.

Curious about what it was, the girl crouched - awkwardly - but crouched. She shivered a little as her belly fur brushed the ground, practically laying on the cat eating but pretty white dust! Her paws were freezing now too, but she curiously followed Quailfur's line of sight to two - oh! Vixenpaw's head perked up, surprised. What was that? She had never seen such a big and weird creature before!
"What-"
She was going to ask, quietly, because Quail was being very sneaky and sneaky required quiet, but got cut off. Quailfur told her to make no noise at all, but she could do that! Vixenpaw quickly made herself small, and after a few heartbeats of silence, took in a deeeep breath. With rounding cheeks, this deep breath the apprentice intended to hold until she could speak again. Otherwise she'd certainly scare away was Quail was after!!

[ @Lilacquartz ]

Old January 13th, 2023, 01:22 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Sootfur (he/him)
Light grey tabby with blue/grey eyes

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

"This is Firefly Cove." Sootfur announced proudly, pointing to an open meadow that was now empty and lifeless. He walked a little bit before continuing, enjoying the open space that this place offered for the forest cats.
He chose a dry spot under an elder tree and sat down, waiting for Quietpaw to catch up and do the same.

"It's not very pretty now, isn't it?" He said with a glance around them.
"But in new-leaf, it becomes one of the most beautiful places in the clan territories. It's like a little moor, with many flowers and fireflies at dusk. It's real magic." Actually, Sootfur had never been here at such time. But he'd heard stories about it, and had visited this place through his imagination many times.

"So, what's interesting for us here? Firstly, there are not many trees. This means no prey or different prey, right? Also, this means that the only way we have to hide is to use high grass and flat ourselves to the ground. There are very few bushes to use, otherwise." Maybe that's why the hunting patrols weren't often sent here.

"Also, can you see those cliffs beyond the sandy line? That's a free passage that leads to Riverclan, so we must be always aware of that in times of... conflicts." Another thing that he'd just heard. But again, this was how new mentors worked, right..? Stars, I hope I'm doing a good job.

Before he could ask any questions at Quietpaw, a rabbit slid out of his hole and his silhouette could be seen at distance against the horizon, nibbling at the few roots it could find around. Sootfur nodded toward it and crouched down, signaling with his tail to do the same.
"Rabbit." He whispered, his eyes sparkling.

[ @Willow_Tree ]
Old January 13th, 2023, 02:41 PM
man.

My Mood: Angelic

Quailfur
Not even minding Vixenpaw at the moment. All her sights were on the rabbit, how its nose twitched and its attention span to her movements. Taking a small step forward, she growled quietly. This was her first time hunting, she didn't want anyone to mess it up, at all! She blew out a cold breath, the roof of her mouth went dry. She waited until she received the right moment, her tail swished side to side as it was permanently coated in snow. Her muscles flexed as she executed her hunting in swift movements. She bunched her haunches as she pushed her hind legs off the ground. Unsheathing her claws as she leaped forward towards the white hare, it's beady eyes caught her silver pelt in the broad grey-white sky. It was as if she were flying.

Landing on the hare as the hare was quick to bound away, but she was quicker. Clawing her way into its daisy white fur as the hare attempted to kick her. What a mouse-brained hare for trying to kick me. She growled, a childish grin being plastered on her face. The hares kicked were in the wrong direction, not directly facing her stomach. Setting her weight to push the hare down towards the ground, she was quick to bite into its soft scruff. The hare convulsed from the bite, she waited until it went limp. The hare frantically kicking its huge hind paws until its kicks were slowed down to the minimum. Finally reaching the stage of death as it went limp. Releasing her strong grip from the hare, she let out long gasp for air. It was her first hunt after getting out of the nursery, for so long. She felt absolutely thrilled to see the dead hare in front of her eyes.

She stomached a gulp as she looked towards Vixenpaw. Turning her head as she was quick to pick up the white hare, dragging it by the scruff. Its long bunched legs almost tripped her feet. Dragging it towards Vixenpaw, her green eyes sparkled like the seaweed green floor. Presenting her catch as she was quite confident now. A small ruffled tuft appeared on her chest to showcase that. Talking through the scruff of the hare, its beady black eyes blank and dead as obsidian. "We cain neow bhring thris buack to caump." She gruffled. Surely Bumblebreak would allow a giant hare like this as their catch? This can feed to at-least 6 starving kits. Especially in leafbare. Oh? Vixenpaw hasn't caught anything either, well it was most likely her first time seeing such a magnificent leap such as hers. Dropping the limp hare on the stale ground, she meowed out of breath. "Ah, would you like to catch anything? I'm sure there are some mice underground you can practice pouncing on. Or we can leave it for another time. Bumblebreak might be quite angry at us for taking so long out here." She didn't want to face the Keepers wrath at all.

@Estelle

' Everything has a beauty, but not everyone sees it. ' - Confucius

Character site in progress.
Old January 22nd, 2023, 01:03 PM
Resident Insomiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Sootfur (he/him)

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

"This is Firefly Cove." Sootfur announced proudly, pointing to an open meadow that was now empty and lifeless. He walked a little bit before continuing, enjoying the open space that this place offered for the forest cats.
He chose a dry spot under an elder tree and sat down, waiting for Quietpaw to catch up and do the same.

"It's not very pretty now, isn't it?" He said with a glance around them.
"But in new-leaf, it becomes one of the most beautiful places in the clan territories. It's like a little moor, with many flowers and fireflies at dusk. It's real magic." Actually, Sootfur had never been here at such time. But he'd heard stories about it, and had visited this place through his imagination many times.

"So, what's interesting for us here? Firstly, there are not many trees. This means no prey or different prey, right? Also, this means that the only way we have to hide is to use high grass and flat ourselves to the ground. There are very few bushes to use, otherwise." Maybe that's why the hunting patrols weren't often sent here.

"Also, can you see those cliffs beyond the sandy line? That's a free passage that leads to Riverclan, so we must be always aware of that in times of... conflicts." Another thing that he'd just heard. But again, this was how new mentors worked, right..? Stars, I hope I'm doing a good job.

Before he could ask any questions at Quietpaw, a rabbit slid out of his hole and his silhouette could be seen at distance against the horizon, nibbling at the few roots it could find around. Sootfur nodded toward it and crouched down, signaling with his tail to do the same.
"Rabbit." He whispered, his eyes sparkling.

[ @Willow_Tree ]

Quietpaw

Quietpaw looked around with wide eyes as they made their way this new part of the territory. It was empty and rather expansive, and she glanced around, as if trying to take in all of it. It was still interesting, and Sootfur's description of it in new-leaf made her very excited to see it during that time of year. She nodded as Sootfur mentioned the cliff, turning her head briefly to look over at them. She was about to try and ask what he'd meant by conflicts, when Sootfur suddenly went into the hunting crouch, gesturing for her to do the same. Quietpaw immediately slid into a crouch. She didn't register her mentor's words through her surprise, but she to saw the rabbit and her ears perked up slightly as she focused her attention on it. This was great, if they managed to catch it, they'd have some food to take back to the clan!

Life Finds A Way Sign-Ups

Lilykit Family Adopts
I don’t have a bump policy, so go ahead and bump me whenever!
Going through a lot right now, so replies will be a bit slow for awhile.
Old January 22nd, 2023, 04:22 PM
man.

Quailfur
With a sharp flick of her tail did she survey the same old boring surroundings again. And honestly speaking, it was kind of her fault for being so slow at reporting. She looked down at her stomach, she felt a warmth sensation arise in her stomach. It felt familiar, but also distant. Her silver tabby pelt bushed out to keep the warmth from ever escaping her grasp. The snow reaching the ankles of her legs. Their punishment would never be overdue like they did last time, and as the deputies mate. It would be bad.. wouldn't it? What if she got bullied? She could already hear the roaring rumors of how bad she is at patrolling. She bit her bottom lip, which swelled with redness due to the intense hatred in her eyes with those imaginary thoughts.

Steaming down, her eyes had almost forgotten about the catch she did. Thunderclan should be thankful someone like me could catch something like that in these poor conditions. She snarled, she turned towards Vixenpaw. Alerting the apprentice. "For now, we'll just try catching some mice under the snow sheets. Should be easier than it sounds.

@Estelle

Old January 22nd, 2023, 07:20 PM
Still staring nervously

[ Short posts perfect <33 ]

Her eyes pleading when Quailfur arrived, not wanting to return to the cold, turned to surprise when Quail completely ignored her! What? Vixenpaw couldn't believe it. Quail just came... And left. But- but- she didn't want to return to the cold!! Her cat brows fell into a frown, lip sticking out in a pouty manner.
"Quail! Quail! It's cold..."
She complained, slowing her trot beside the warrior who seemed to barely care. This was very new to the young apprentice, and not only that but Quail seemed to be in a very foul mood! For the duration of their trip to the cold, the fluffy was apprentice was luckily quiet, save for the occasional soft whimper as her paws grew to freeze and harsh wind ruffled her fur.

Back in Firefly Cove, Quailfur seemed to be in an even worse mood. She was grumbling and cursing words Vixenpaw didn't understand. It was strange! And the spotted little apprentice silently watched her warrior companion with mild apprehension and mostly confusion. She must be grumpy that it's cold too, however, Vixy wasn't liking her attitude nonetheless. Not when she was also cold. For now she sloppily sat down, biting her inner cheek because - well - she wasn't happy. She was cold. And cold sucked.

Only her ear flickered when Quail finally turned her way, encouraging the young apprentice to look up with a sudden burst of hope but -- but... She didn't know how to catch mice. Quirking her brows as she looked at the thick, cold, icky sheet of snow, Vixenpaw reached out a dark ginger paw which she used to splash slam her paw side ways into the thick blanket, scooping away some snow that flew haphazardly all over the place, including Vixenpaw herself. How were mice supposed to live under there?? it was weird, really. But maybe she had to like scoop them out???

[ @Lilacquartz ]

Old January 25th, 2023, 02:31 PM
man.

Quailfur
Her brows furrowed as Vixenpaw complained. Well the sooner they get out of here the better, the warmth of a den would be a blessing. She twirled around as she brushed alongside Vixenpaw. She had completely forgotten that Vixenpaw was still an amateur at hunting. The fur along her spine shuddered due to a small draft by the wind. Giving a hefty sigh as her eyes stared at the ground. Mice usually would cower beneath the ground to hide the underlying fact that they were there. She raked some snow from under her paws, looking for some sort of system to catch even a slither of prey. Her mind repeatedly expelled its strength to think of something. Mentally wasting her energy. Once she realized it, her eyes darted into the undergrowth. She wouldn’t say she’s an expert at hunting. But a fox also had their tactics for hunting.

Her voice boomed signaling her excitement. "J-Just follow what I do! We’re going to hunt like foxes!" She grinned, moving away from Vixenpaw as her trot sped up. Looking for a bare patch of snow that she could find. But.. how do? foxes hunt in the snow? Her paws lay still at the prickly cold sensation of the snow beneath her pads. Her eyes dwindled along the snow, sniffing the ground. Something, or.. someone? Her paws crept along the powder white snow. Exactly! They use their senses. No wonder those overgrown bare fire-pelted beast were always a nuisance to the clans. Their senses were beyond theirs, stronger than theirs.[/I] She whipped her head around to look at Vixenpaw. "Erm.. use your uh s-senses! You know.. feel.. t-the movement underground!" She really didn’t know if these tips would help Vixenpaw at all with hunting. Finding the bare ground, electricity swam through her tense muscles.

And with the greatest pounce she could make, if she could only have another pair of eyes to see what she did. She pounced into the snow, her rump stuck in the air as her torso to her head was completely stuck under the snow. While the fresh breeze was ruffling her tush. She was underground, she could already feel the lack of oxygen from here. Her green eyes looked around to find a small mice skedaddling everywhere it could. She clawed her way through, quick to grip the mice in her jaws. Already feeling the warm body in her jaws as it squeaked and pleaded for help. She pushed her hind legs against the snow, trying not to get herself stuck. She threw her head out of the snow as she gasped for air. Her green eyes bright with adrenaline as she murmured. "I.. I did it. I did it!" She gripped the mouse strongly in her jaws while it was still alive. The moment she realize, she strengthened her grip as the mouses body did multiple seizures shuddered. Then went limp, fortunately. She huffed as a wide smile was plastered on her face. Running towards Vixenpaw as she couldn’t help but kick out her hind legs from pure excitement alone.

( i was too invested in this lol @Estelle )

Old January 28th, 2023, 06:11 PM
Still staring nervously

What- what was this about? Quail didn't at all seem to care that she was cold! Not one bit! They just stayed and walked and walked and talked and, and... Icky stuff!! Vixenpaw was not happy (as shown by the over dramatic expression on her face and she stared at Quail, clearly taken aback and offended). She just wanted to go home!! It was warm there. Even if the apprentice den was icky, it was warmer there than here... So unfair. Why did tushdad tushdup have to send them here again? Honestly! They already went once.

In defiance, Vixenpaw sat down with a huff, glaring at Quail hesitating form. How could they do this to her? Force her out in the icky white snow?

Well. She was here now. And when Quail ushered her to follow what she did - honestly - the little vixen was intrigued. Her nose twitched and her ears swivelled as she watched the former queen's precise movements, feeling compelled to copy her. Standing on all fours, she awkwardly crouched much like the warrior did. ...It was icky. Her fluffy belly fur racked the ground, gathering up clumps of fur in her wake. And her paws were cold. Haphazardly she shook a paw to try and get some of the icky white stuff off. Honestly, what were they even looking for? (Had Quail gone bonkers?) Conspicuously she began to inspect this weird, snowy ground, trying to find what they were looking for. Until poof!

Blue eyes shot up, irises dilated by surprise. Not only did she hear a strange sound, but she also saw Quail's tush sticking out of the snow! And only that!! OHNOOHNOOHNOHNO
Had the snow eaten Quail?? Panic filled the new apprentice who began to frantically pace in place. This was bad. Very bad. What was she going to tell Tushdup?? 'The snow ate your wife'??? (Was Quail even Tush's wife? Where did that thought from?) But OH! It - erm - she was moving! Quail was alive!! Unknowing what to do Vixenpaw's pacing began to lead her left and right until, again, poof!

...She had jumped in. Head first. All that sounded was a shrill:
"I - I'll svae you quaqwww!"
Before the fluffy feline's head disappeared head first into the snow too.

Oh dear. Everything was silent. All she saw was a pale black. It was cold. But she had to save Quail!! So she went on wiggling deeper and deeper into the snow, until tiny jaws and milk teeth could grab onto something - something hard, but, maybe Quail had frozen?? Oh no!! Holding on to what may just have been a pine cone for dear life, Vixenpaw began trying to wiggle her way out, back paws that were still sticking out being used as sticks to pull herself up. Miraculously, with a big gasp, she lived! Her Ginger and cream-white face emerged from the snow, nose already snotty from the cold. but she was out (pine cone still clenched between her jaws)!

"Quail! Quail! Qua!-"
The apprentice began to call until, thank StarClan, she saw Quail! Quail was out!!
"Quail! Quail! I saved you, I saved you!"

[ @Lilacquartz - so sorry, I've come down with a fever again, so posting got difficult >< you can go and report in after this post ofc!! That being said, this was very enjoyable to write ahah ]

Old February 26th, 2023, 12:41 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week

╔═══*。❅*⋆⍋✧ ✦ ✧⍋⋆*❅。*═══╗
Sootfur (he/him)
Thunderclan
╚═══*。❅*⋆⍋✧ ✦ ✧⍋⋆*❅。*═══╝

”Firefly Cove. The object of a battle between Thunderclan and Riverclan, happened many and many moons ago.” He couldn’t remember anything about that. Back then, he’d been just taken in as a homeless cat along with Frostshade, and he still didn’t understand the clan ways or what was going on out of camp.

”Beautiful, isn’t it?” He sat down in the brown-yellow grass, watching the meadow with a bit of nostalgia. Unfortunately, it wasn’t much of a good sight during leaf-bare, but there was still much to see about it than flowers and fireflies.

”Good place to hunt. Of course, you can see there are not many bushes and trees here to hide, so you got to behave a bit like a Windclan warrior to catch rabbits and birds. Anyway…” He turned and pointed with his tail at a sandy shore edged by high cliffs that continued in deep water. Not so much of interest for prey and such, but useful to be aware of.
”That’s Riverclan direction. A perfect path to reach us and organize an ambush, so you must always be aware of this place’s possible dangers.”

At Oriolepaw’s nod, he set off again with the apprentice at his heels. There wasn’t much else to see; he just hoped the young tomcat would manage to remember so many paths before his warrior ceremony, which was becoming very close by the day.

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

[ @Cherry~ ]
Old February 28th, 2023, 10:22 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Next was Firefly Cove. If Sunkissed Creek had been very pretty, Firefly Cove was beautiful. The peaceful, quiet meadow reminded him of what WindClan’s territory had looked like, beyond ThunderClan’s border. He had to come back here some time, when he was a warrior and had the freedom to leave camp without consequence.

At Sootfur’s explanation, he drifted his gaze toward the crashing waves in the distance. The sandy slopes looked appealing, but he tried to remain focused. He was here to learn, not to play.

His ears perked at the warning to be wary of RiverClan using that path to invade ThunderClan’s territory. If that was a possibility, then shouldn’t Sparrowstar have guards out here, at all times? He shivered as he pictured RiverClan cats pouring into their territory, completely unbeknownst to anyone in ThunderClan.

Shaking his head, he followed Sootfur to their next stop.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.