Last post by Wingnettle
Today 05:15 AM

Old May 17th, 2024, 09:08 AM
.·:*¨♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆☆≈¨*:·.

Bump Policy: 1 week unless its time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired
ThunderClan Hawkcatcher's finder <3

Hellow hellow I am back with another finder, this time for Hawkcatcher

She is pretty old for a warrior, and would have mentored many cats, so the first thing I'm looking for are former apprentices. These cats would have to be at max around 35 moons and at the very least a fresh warrior (so like 12-15 depending on the cat), and ofc they have to have been created as a warrior and not an apprentice. What kind of relationship they would have with Hawk depends on the character, and could be anything from a very strained one if the apprentice was very cold and rule-breaking, to a very close one and the apprentice could have even started viewing Hawk as a parent/older sib. Notes that only a few of these would have had her a mentor from the start, since Hawk often took on apprentices who had been through many mentors to make sure they got to finish their training.
Notes that Hawkcatcher's first apprentice (the one mentioned in her backstory) is also open, if you have any character that would fit for that, feel free to apply <3

Second up, are colleagues. Basically, Hawk very often does duties around the camp, such as fixing dens, cleaning out dead bugs, checking up on the freshkill pile, and so on, and considers it an essential part of her day-to-day routine, so it would be nice with some acquaintances to do the tasks with. These can also be cats with other roles, such as friends who decide to keep her company, former apprentices who learnt these traits from her, family members with similar values, etc.
These can also be training-partnerns, since Hawk is already skilled but always looking to improve, learn new things, and teach other cats.

Family members are also needed. Hawkcatcher's mother was an outsider (Bengal) who joined the clan, while her father was a Mainecoon who was born and raised in Thunderclan - both of these had several litters with other cats, so specify how you're related to Hawkcatcher. Note that these cats do not have to only be in Thunderclan, but unless they are, they and Hawkcatcher will not be very close. Keep in mind that when you're accepted, you also accept the other members of Hawk's family as relatives of your cats.

Adoptive children. Hawkcatcher is a bit distant, but also quick to take younger cats under her wing if their parents are distant, or if their mentors abandon their training, so just throw them at me. Unlike with the other roles, these cats can actually be a little rude or rule-breaking, since she'll have more patience with younger cats (they can't be outright mean to Hawk, however). Can be ones that she has already adopted or cats she will get to know eventually.
Note that if you have older cats, they can be adopted younger sibs instead, whichever fits you better.
These cats do not have to have any relation to Hawk's bio family.

Lastly of course, friends. Just cats who have broken through Hawk's colder outside, or with whatever other dynamic you can cook you. Can overlap with other roles as well ofc. (If they fit well in age and alignment, I'm open to potential romance plots in the future.)

- Will add more soon -

Form (optional, but make sure to include all necessary info or I can't accept your cat for anything yk ) <3
Name:
Personality:
Which role(s) would they be fit for:
And why might they work:
What would their first impressions be (skip if they already know each other):
Remember to mention me @Luminous

Hawkcatcher's finder

_______________ Tracker _______________
¨•┈꒰ა ♡⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ Springkit - Cowskip - Wyvern - Hawkcatcher - Pigeonpaw ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆ ♡ ໒꒱┈•¨

Last edited by Luminous; May 19th, 2024 at 02:33 PM.
Old May 17th, 2024, 09:29 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Cool

Default Re: Hawkcatcher's finder <3

Name:Salmonshade
Clan: Thunderclan
Personality: slamonshade is a kind cat who is sorta distant he has four kits that keep his paws full most of the time but he tries to talk to others
Which role(s) would they be fit for: Former apprentice/collegue
And why might they work: Salmonshade has a lot on his plate but he still keeps up with his duty’s it may be interesting seeing how salmonshade may interact with hawkcathcher in his day to day tasks or how he learned from him
What would their first impressions be (skip if they already know each other):That Hawkcatcher is an older warrior who is wiser than him
Old May 17th, 2024, 09:43 AM

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Yeehaw

Name: Raggedear
Clan: Thunder
Personality: Raggedear is a pretty non-serious tom, which can get him into trouble at times, but he is fiercely loyal to his Clan and would do anything to protect it. He is a strong fighter, however he lacks in hunting skills which he is quite ashamed of (he can hunt, however it is not his forte). He loves to joke around with the elders and is guilty of helping apprentices get into mischief, but he knows when to take matters seriously- he just enjoys keeping the mood light if possible.
Which role(s) would they be fit for: I was thinking either former apprentice, possibly even the first apprentice depending on the age she needs, or friend!
And why might they work: I think with Hawk’s more serious demeanor, Ragged would try his best to get through to her with his humor despite anything cold she might say. Plus, knowing that she’s a well-experienced warrior and has mentored many apprentices, he would look up to her and most likely ask her for pointers on how she hunts since she was brave enough to attack a hawk and survive to tell the tale.
What would their first impressions be (skip if they already know each other): Raggedear doesn’t really like to see the negative side of his clan mates unless it’s blatant, so he would definitely try his best to be friendly and humorous to get her to open up, but also very eager to learn from her. Knowing that she’s hard working, he would probably approach her to help with a task and attempt to start a light-hearted conversation to see how she’d react (even if she snapped at him, Ragged would probably just be surprised, but continue to make jokes anyways- he can definitely be annoying
@Luminous

Last edited by leopardheart00; May 17th, 2024 at 09:44 AM.
Old May 18th, 2024, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
Name:Salmonshade
Personality: slamonshade is a kind cat who is sorta distant he has four kits that keep his paws full most of the time but he tries to talk to others
Which role(s) would they be fit for: Former apprentice/collegue
And why might they work: Salmonshade has a lot on his plate but he still keeps up with his duty’s it may be interesting seeing how salmonshade may interact with hawkcathcher in his day to day tasks or how he learned from him
What would their first impressions be (skip if they already know each other):That Hawkcatcher is an older warrior who is wiser than him

Accepted as former apprentice.
I like the idea of some of her former apprentices having been influenced by her work ethic and still doing some things with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardheart00 View Post
Name: Raggedear
Clan: Thunder
Personality: Raggedear is a pretty non-serious tom, which can get him into trouble at times, but he is fiercely loyal to his Clan and would do anything to protect it. He is a strong fighter, however he lacks in hunting skills which he is quite ashamed of (he can hunt, however it is not his forte). He loves to joke around with the elders and is guilty of helping apprentices get into mischief, but he knows when to take matters seriously- he just enjoys keeping the mood light if possible.
Which role(s) would they be fit for: I was thinking either former apprentice, possibly even the first apprentice depending on the age she needs, or friend!
And why might they work: I think with Hawk’s more serious demeanor, Ragged would try his best to get through to her with his humor despite anything cold she might say. Plus, knowing that she’s a well-experienced warrior and has mentored many apprentices, he would look up to her and most likely ask her for pointers on how she hunts since she was brave enough to attack a hawk and survive to tell the tale.
What would their first impressions be (skip if they already know each other): Raggedear doesn’t really like to see the negative side of his clan mates unless it’s blatant, so he would definitely try his best to be friendly and humorous to get her to open up, but also very eager to learn from her. Knowing that she’s hard working, he would probably approach her to help with a task and attempt to start a light-hearted conversation to see how she’d react (even if she snapped at him, Ragged would probably just be surprised, but continue to make jokes anyways- he can definitely be annoying
@Luminous

Accepted as former apprentice (not her first one, but one of the eailer ones).
I can see Hawk still sometimes wondering how and apprentice of hers turned out so non-serious and doesn't like that he cngouraces younger cats to misbehave, but also knows (partially from having trained him, and partially from him asking for guidance with new apprentices) that his heart is in the right place. I don't think she'd really ever snap at him if he was her former trainee, but if she feels that he goes too far she would mention it privately.

Hawkcatcher's finder

¨•┈꒰ა ♡⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ Springkit - Cowskip - Wyvern - Hawkcatcher - Pigeonpaw ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆ ♡ ໒꒱┈•¨
Old May 18th, 2024, 12:24 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

Leopardlily holder

Old May 18th, 2024, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Accepted as former apprentice (not her first one, but one of the eailer ones).
I can see Hawk still sometimes wondering how and apprentice of hers turned out so non-serious and doesn't like that he cngouraces younger cats to misbehave, but also knows (partially from having trained him, and partially from him asking for guidance with new apprentices) that his heart is in the right place. I don't think she'd really ever snap at him if he was her former trainee, but if she feels that he goes too far she would mention it privately.
Awesome! I know we had previously talked about Ragged coming to help her work on clearing out and fixing dens- did we still want to start with that or go somewhere else with it?
Old May 18th, 2024, 09:11 PM
ruler of everything

Bump Policy: daily, please!
My Mood: Mysterious

Name: Cunningshrike
Personality: An upbeat, loud and excitable young warrior with a thirst for power. Cunningshrike is quite bold and outspoken, and deeply clever. He always has his own solution for everything, and is incredibly hard to teach mostly because he's either constantly bouncing off the walls or having one of his apathy episodes. Cunningshrike has a big ego, which was likely kept in check by Hawkcatcher while he was her apprentice, and delusions of grandeur. He thinks he's the toughest thing since sliced bread.
Which role(s) would they be fit for: Past apprentice!
Why might they work: I like to imagine Cunning having had a rather strict/serious mentor because he inadvertently got into his fair share of trouble. He's the typical ADHD trouble-maker with a god complex slapped on for good measure. I feel like she'd have kept him pretty humble and stable during his apprenticeship- enough to make it to warriorhood, which for someone as sporadic as Cunningshrike is an accomplishment on its own. Perhaps Cunningshrike has grown to see her as some kind of family figure? I can see him coming to her for advice during those moments where his carefully cultivated fake ego breaks and he feels uncertain.
@Luminous

Eveningthaw | Grousepaw | Cunningshrike | Cloversnap

"YOU'RE NOT ICONIC.
YOU ARE JUST LIKE THEM"
Old May 18th, 2024, 10:52 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

can toss you bumblestar for a sparring partner o/ bumble's got plenty of experience but ofc she's always looking for refreshers and practice when there's no real fighting happening. info is linked in my site in my signature, unsure about first impressions but I'm like 90% bumble would be chill with hawk, no reason to not be yet

(also if bumble overhears hawkcatcher calling herself "old for a warrior" at any point in time she's getting smthn chucked at her 45-60 is considered around middle-aged) @Luminous
Old May 19th, 2024, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardheart00 View Post
Awesome! I know we had previously talked about Ragged coming to help her work on clearing out and fixing dens- did we still want to start with that or go somewhere else with it?

We can still do it, but maybe the conversation would switch a bit like "hey wait you're back?" yk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshiftreign View Post
Name: Cunningshrike
Personality: An upbeat, loud and excitable young warrior with a thirst for power. Cunningshrike is quite bold and outspoken, and deeply clever. He always has his own solution for everything, and is incredibly hard to teach mostly because he's either constantly bouncing off the walls or having one of his apathy episodes. Cunningshrike has a big ego, which was likely kept in check by Hawkcatcher while he was her apprentice, and delusions of grandeur. He thinks he's the toughest thing since sliced bread.
Which role(s) would they be fit for: Past apprentice!
Why might they work: I like to imagine Cunning having had a rather strict/serious mentor because he inadvertently got into his fair share of trouble. He's the typical ADHD trouble-maker with a god complex slapped on for good measure. I feel like she'd have kept him pretty humble and stable during his apprenticeship- enough to make it to warriorhood, which for someone as sporadic as Cunningshrike is an accomplishment on its own. Perhaps Cunningshrike has grown to see her as some kind of family figure? I can see him coming to her for advice during those moments where his carefully cultivated fake ego breaks and he feels uncertain.
@Luminous

Love this. So Cunning would have been one of Hawk's more recent apprentices and still is still a bit annoyed with herself that she didn't manage to fully mold Cunning into a warrior of her liking but still recognized his capabilities and still glimpses potential during those few moments, like when he comes to advice. And I'm assuming that his apprenticeship would have been a bit longer than average so they would have time to also grow to see each other as family of sort

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
can toss you bumblestar for a sparring partner o/ bumble's got plenty of experience but ofc she's always looking for refreshers and practice when there's no real fighting happening. info is linked in my site in my signature, unsure about first impressions but I'm like 90% bumble would be chill with hawk, no reason to not be yet

(also if bumble overhears hawkcatcher calling herself "old for a warrior" at any point in time she's getting smthn chucked at her 45-60 is considered around middle-aged) @Luminous

I think it would be good for both of them to spare with someone a bit larger/smaller than themselves so this would be great.

also thanks for lmk the age thingy I wasn't sure how old was olf in warrior cats but that means I can bump her up - room for more past apprentices

Hawkcatcher's finder

Old May 19th, 2024, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
We can still do it, but maybe the conversation would switch a bit like "hey wait you're back?" yk
Ooh yes this is would be good. I actually need to make him go on a hunting patrol with one other clan mate by the 28th, would Hawk be willing to help with that?