PDA

View Full Version : RiverClan Territory

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Sweetie
May 16th, 2020, 02:38 AM
Oh yeah, Shimmeringpool completely forgot about the two raids over Shadowclan and Thunderclan. Berrypaw was weirdly eager to go and fight but Shimmeringpool held back and decided to guard the camp. Perking her ears and walking in step with Russetstrike the molly listened to his story.
She stayed silent during the whole ordeal from the beginning to end and it was absolutely horrible. Killing a cat who wanted peace in front of the whole clan!?! How did the clan just sit there and not do anything? Why haven't they overthrown Icestar by now? Don't they see her crazy bloodthirst? This truly troubled the young warrior.
She felt sorry for Honeyleaf even if she was from another clan, no one deserved that kind of death. But thankfully there were cats out there who believed in justice and the right things. Fortunately, Lionstar was one of those cats and now it seemed that Russetstrike was too. Not wanting to be silent any longer the molly nuzzled the toms cheek for a heartbeat. "Be proud in what you stand up for and be thankful that you didn't have the same fate as Honeyleaf." It would have been truly a tragedy if Russetstrike and Shimmeringpool didn't want to admit it out loud.
'...now I'm here... with you.'
Shimmeringpool couldn't help but blush from the last sentence. Quickly looking away the molly let out a sigh of relief as the camp came into view and she had a reason to focus her attention somewhere else. If she's lucky Russetstrike won't be able to question her act of kindness.

Wings

Wings
May 16th, 2020, 02:54 AM
[ Shimm ]
—Russetstrike—

Feeling Shimmeringpool nuzzle him for a heartbeat made him feel some sort of feeling in his heart. It was a mixture of contentness and other things like the feeling of butterflies in your stomach or compassion. He wish he had had time to nuzzle her back but it was gone as quick as it had came.

As she spoke, it made him think back on what had happened. To think of it, he was pretty, no, really lucky Icestar or one of her warriors didn’t shred him. Wouldn’t of been the way he would of wanted to die.

Then, the camp came in sight, and the strong fishy smell of RiverClan practically slapped him in the face. He sighed softly, hoping to StarClan this wouldn’t go badly.

teddy.
May 16th, 2020, 09:22 AM
S-oft

Heading into the territory , Sootclaw searched for a specific cat...something belly..aha! "Bumblebelly , you out here?" he called. Didn't they say to meet up or something ? Eh, he could have miss heard ..which happens sometimes . Anyways he could still hunt when this was over .

Maybe one day in the future, Bumblebelly could have at least a week without anxiety hanging over him like a rainy cloud. He almost jumped six foot in the air when Sootclaw called out his name but he recognised the scent before he could match a name to the feline in question.

Bumblebelly cleared his throat, a quick anixous lick his golden chest for which he was named. "Sootclaw! yes, I need your assistance... My apprentice was demoted, I'm sure you know, for being entrusting... I need your help proving she is ready to become a warrior again! Or, if this all goes south, to have over consequences worse than a demotion," The idea of a feline being booted from the clan was not a thought Bumblebelly was eager to linger on but perhaps it wouldn't come down to it.

Leucos
May 16th, 2020, 12:44 PM
S-oft

Padding over as the other tom spoke, Sootclaw snorted "yeah I remember . I'm in. " she owed him anyways . She did kinda ruin his ceremony but. ..not? The grey feline gave a nod "what's the plan? Anything boiling in there?" he smiled .

teddy.
May 16th, 2020, 02:03 PM
Bumblebelly felt so sour just thinking of this, tricking his own apprentice into this mess! but these types of things just had to be done sometime. He whined quietly before talking, "I need you to sneak into Shadowclan territory, dirty yourself up on a scent mark and then sneak into camp... Make her swear into secrecy! And we'll see if she speaks," Bumblebelly sighed.

@SlightLamb

Madelaine
May 16th, 2020, 11:20 PM
Honeypaw heard rustling near camp. She had been playing with some pebbles, lost in thought. She turned to see Cottonpaw. "Hello. What are you doing out here?"

Cottonpaw felt the vibrations of paws on the ground and he scented a cat. The white apprentice looked over at her and got everything she said. " I needed to get away from camp. ", he replied.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 12:09 AM
Cottonpaw felt the vibrations of paws on the ground and he scented a cat. The white apprentice looked over at her and got everything she said. " I needed to get away from camp. ", he replied.
"There can be a bit much of tension in camp, can it?" She mewed, sitting beside Cottonpaw. "It's more peaceful out here."

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 12:25 AM
"There can be a bit much of tension in camp, can it?" She mewed, sitting beside Cottonpaw. "It's more peaceful out here."

Cottonpaw scooted over to give her more room. "yeah it is. I may not be able to hear but I try to imagine what it would sound like.", he replied. The apprentice thought everything was peaceful expect for cats who stomped around. The vibrations of that just didn't feel peaceful.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 12:29 AM
Cottonpaw scooted over to give her more room. "yeah it is. I may not be able to hear but I try to imagine what it would sound like.", he replied. The apprentice thought everything was peaceful expect for cats who stomped around. The vibrations of that just didn't feel peaceful.
Honeypaw looked back at the camp. "Do you think Lionstar's aggressive?"

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 12:32 AM
Honeypaw looked back at the camp. "Do you think Lionstar's aggressive?"

Cottonpaw didn't think he was. He always thought of him as a great leader that wants the clan to be strong. He cares about everyone, well almost everyone. There were cats he didn't like including his mother. "I don't think so. He just wants whats best for the clan.", he replied.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 12:36 AM
Cottonpaw didn't think he was. He always thought of him as a great leader that wants the clan to be strong. He cares about everyone, well almost everyone. There were cats he didn't like including his mother. "I don't think so. He just wants whats best for the clan.", he replied.
"Hmmm," she thought for a moment. "Then I guess he's a little overprotective?"

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 12:38 AM
"Hmmm," she thought for a moment. "Then I guess he's a little overprotective?"

"You could say that.", he meowed, dipping his head. The fluffy white deaf tom didn't know quite what else to say about Lionstar. Even if Cottonpaw did they were all good things.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 12:41 AM
"You could say that.", he meowed, dipping his head. The fluffy white deaf tom didn't know quite what else to say about Lionstar. Even if Cottonpaw did they were all good things.
"And how would you describe yourself?" Honeypaw mewed, turning her head to Cottonpaw.

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 12:43 AM
"And how would you describe yourself?" Honeypaw mewed, turning her head to Cottonpaw.

Cottonpaw thought on that question for a moment. "I would describe myself as a active and Helpful cat. I'm always around the camp or off doing some hunting.", he responded.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 12:45 AM
Cottonpaw thought on that question for a moment. "I would describe myself as a active and Helpful cat. I'm always around the camp or off doing some hunting.", he responded.
"I'd describe myself as a quiet cat, that passes by almost unnoticed," Honeypaw murmured.

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 12:46 AM
"I'd describe myself as a quiet cat, that passes by almost unnoticed," Honeypaw murmured.

Cottonpaw didn't know what to say about that. "What do you do most days?", he asked. They might as well got to know one another.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 12:50 AM
Cottonpaw didn't know what to say about that. "What do you do most days?", he asked. They might as well got to know one another.
"What a normal apprentice does. Other than that, I just stay out of cats' way. You?"

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 01:01 AM
"What a normal apprentice does. Other than that, I just stay out of cats' way. You?"

" I usually do some hunting on my own before I go and train with my mentor. ", he meowed. Cottonpaw did some hunting every single day unless his mentor wanted to train him early in the morning.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 01:07 AM
" I usually do some hunting on my own before I go and train with my mentor. ", he meowed. Cottonpaw did some hunting every single day unless his mentor wanted to train him early in the morning.
"Is that so everyone can be fed? That's nice," Honeypaw swished her tail.
"Maybe I should do that."

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 01:09 AM
"Is that so everyone can be fed? That's nice," Honeypaw swished her tail.
"Maybe I should do that."

A thought came into Cottonpaw. " We could do some hunting here in the territory. ", he meowed. They wouldn't go to the river, because he didn't want to be too far away from the camp.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 01:10 AM
A thought came into Cottonpaw. " We could do some hunting here in the territory. ", he meowed. They wouldn't go to the river, because he didn't want to be too far away from the camp.
"Like, right now?" Honeypaw mewed, a little surprised.

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 01:12 AM
"Like, right now?" Honeypaw mewed, a little surprised.

Cottonpaw nodded. "Unless you don't want to. Im not forcing you." , he meowed. The deaf tom just thought it was a good idea, but now he didn't know if it was.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 01:14 AM
Cottonpaw nodded. "Unless you don't want to. Im not forcing you." , he meowed. The deaf tom just thought it was a good idea, but now he didn't know if it was.
"No, no. I'd like to hunt," Honeypaw started smiling. "Where shall we hunt first?"

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 01:16 AM
"No, no. I'd like to hunt," Honeypaw started smiling. "Where shall we hunt first?"

Cottonpaw smiled when she agreed to go hunting. " Follow me. ", he meowed. The apprentice stood up and stretched his back legs before moving. He kept slow before stopping to see if she was following.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 01:17 AM
Cottonpaw smiled when she agreed to go hunting. " Follow me. ", he meowed. The apprentice stood up and stretched his back legs before moving. He kept slow before stopping to see if she was following.
Honeypaw followed on silent paws in case they had to come to an abrupt stop; she didn't want to scare the prey away before she even caught one.

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 01:20 AM
Honeypaw followed on silent paws in case they had to come to an abrupt stop; she didn't want to scare the prey away before she even caught one.

They walked for less than two minutes. They were still close to camp, but far away their clanmates couldn't scare off the prey. A mouse scent hit his nose. Cottonpaw wondered if she scented it too. He looked at her.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 01:22 AM
They walked for less than two minutes. They were still close to camp, but far away their clanmates couldn't scare off the prey. A mouse scent hit his nose. Cottonpaw wondered if she scented it too. He looked at her.
As soon as Honeypaw scented mouse, she crouched. "Who's going to get it?" She whispered.

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 01:24 AM
As soon as Honeypaw scented mouse, she crouched. "Who's going to get it?" She whispered.

Cottonpaw wanted her to try and get the first catch. "You can." , he whispered. The tom wanted to see what she could do.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 01:27 AM
Cottonpaw wanted her to try and get the first catch. "You can." , he whispered. The tom wanted to see what she could do.
Honeypaw kind of wished the mouse was a bird, so she could show off how she could catch prey in the trees.
She pulled herself forward, making sure her tail was still, sliding her paws across the ground. She was close enough to see it now.

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 01:28 AM
Honeypaw kind of wished the mouse was a bird, so she could show off how she could catch prey in the trees.
She pulled herself forward, making sure her tail was still, sliding her paws across the ground. She was close enough to see it now.

Cottonpaw kept quiet as to not scare the mouse, but he kept an eye on her. The apprentice stayed where he was, keeping quiet. He wouldn't dare move.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 01:31 AM
Cottonpaw kept quiet as to not scare the mouse, but he kept an eye on her. The apprentice stayed where he was, keeping quiet. He wouldn't dare move.
Honeypaw leaped, landing almost squarely on the mouse. As the mouse tried to run, she leaned forward quickly and bit its neck, hearing a crunch.
She looked back at Cottonpaw with the mouse in her teeth.

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 01:35 AM
Honeypaw leaped, landing almost squarely on the mouse. As the mouse tried to run, she leaned forward quickly and bit its neck, hearing a crunch.
She looked back at Cottonpaw with the mouse in her teeth.

Cottonpaw stared in awe as she caught the mouse. He was impressed. "Nice catch." , he smiled. After he said that there was a vole scent. This one was his. The apprentice got into a perfect hunting crouch and stalked forward, feeling the vibrations of the vole on the ground.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 01:36 AM
Cottonpaw stared in awe as she caught the mouse. He was impressed. "Nice catch." , he smiled. After he said that there was a vole scent. This one was his. The apprentice got into a perfect hunting crouch and stalked forward, feeling the vibrations of the vole on the ground.
Honeypaw smiled at his praise, and crouched again, keeping still. How does he hunt down prey?

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 01:39 AM
Honeypaw smiled at his praise, and crouched again, keeping still. How does he hunt down prey?

Cottonpaw continued to feel the vibration of the vole. He didn't dare to breathe, not even to smell. Thats why he used the vibrations to follow the prey. Once he got closer he pounced, landing on top of it. It squirmed in his paws and almost escaped. Cottonpaw threw it up in the air as high as he could and it landed on the ground. It was dazed. That was when he killed it with a swift bite.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 01:43 AM
Cottonpaw continued to feel the vibration of the vole. He didn't dare to breathe, not even to smell. Thats why he used the vibrations to follow the prey. Once he got closer he pounced, landing on top of it. It squirmed in his paws and almost escaped. Cottonpaw threw it up in the air as high as he could and it landed on the ground. It was dazed. That was when he killed it with a swift bite.
"Nice," Honeypaw chirped. "Do you think we could still hunt in this area, or should we hunt somewhere else?"

Madelaine
May 17th, 2020, 02:21 AM
"Nice," Honeypaw chirped. "Do you think we could still hunt in this area, or should we hunt somewhere else?"

Cottonpaw scented the air. If he scented some more prey they would stay if he didn't they would find somewhere else to. "I'm not getting any more scents, so it's best if we find a new place. Your turn to lead.", he replied in his slow speech.

Star child
May 17th, 2020, 02:27 AM
Cottonpaw scented the air. If he scented some more prey they would stay if he didn't they would find somewhere else to. "I'm not getting any more scents, so it's best if we find a new place. Your turn to lead.", he replied in his slow speech.
Honeypaw nodded Not sure exactly where to go, she just padded a few paces, looking at the ground for seeds and whatnot. "Here," she mewed finally. The ground was covered in a bunch of seeds, perfect for a hunting place.

teddy.
May 17th, 2020, 01:29 PM
S-oft

Padding over as the other tom spoke, Sootclaw snorted "yeah I remember . I'm in. " she owed him anyways . She did kinda ruin his ceremony but. ..not? The grey feline gave a nod "what's the plan? Anything boiling in there?" he smiled .

Bumblebelly blinked. In where? "Yes yes, a plan... I need you to rub up againist-- well to be honest I dont know. Maybe a shadowclan scent mark? Make yourself smell very suspicious and then accidently stumble upon Ravenpaw," Bumblebelly murmured, flexing his claws anxiously into the soft dirt. "Give her a reason to keep your secret... A bribe, a threat, simply something to persuade her to be quiet." Bumblebelly explained, his green gaze constantly searching the forest for any movement, anything to give their plan away.

Leucos
May 17th, 2020, 02:34 PM
S-oft

Humming as he looked around his surroundings , he inched closer. "ok...I'll do it-" wait. ...just to be sure "only if it's lion approved . But I don't want another shadowclan raid because they smell my scent on their marker . They'll be suspicious too " but he did like this idea though. Then his ears perked up, a much safer idea popped in " what if I pretend to threaten to kill you? Be 'close ' to doing it...out here" he whispered .
" ya know, set the stage...ask ravenpaw to hunt with me . Then I disappear she sees us. ' fighting ' " .

teddy.
May 17th, 2020, 02:57 PM
Go to Riverclan, they said! You'll be safe here, they said! And suddenly Bumblebelly was roped into some weird murder plot. As much as the childish part of him love the idea of how mischievous this whole situation was, it wouldn't work. "I can't be involved. I'm not the brightest cat when it comes to these situations, so you've got a lot of freedom but just find something you'll need kept a secrect, I'll be the one trying to find out the truth from her remember!" Bumblebelly shifted to his paws, itching to become free if this thick fog of guilt that seemed to be settling in the air around him.
SilentLamb

Leucos
May 17th, 2020, 03:12 PM
S-oft

Ok yeah maybe a bit too far. He made a face that resembled that "yeah sorry , got a bit carried away..." good going mousebrain! Yeesh
"I have an idea, just tell ravenpaw to go hunting . I'll make it look like I attacked somebody but I'll just use red berry juice . Or a mouse from the kill pile . Ok?

CheetahPelt
May 17th, 2020, 08:59 PM
Fawnsqueak hummed in contemplation, head cocked as he tried to recall when Otterstone had attempted taking up duties as a medicine cat. "Maybe they're literally dead because.. leaf-bare." Who knew if the den was warm enough for those things, they didn't have nests like cats. Or they could have starved, that was also possible.

"What?" he asked through a laugh, taken aback when he realized she wasn't joking about that. Fawnsqueak blinked, a little dumbfounded by her statement, unsure how to politely tell her that the vast majority of plants grew best in the spring with only the drier ones preferring the later part of greenleaf. Uncomfortably clearing his throat, he plucked near the base of the tall flowers and decided against correcting her; as per his earlier assessment, he was beginning to believe she was just not with it either from age or other factors. It was better to move on.

Peering through the reeds, he perked up. "Oh!" Horsetail, or at least it looked like it and was growing in the right place. Fawnsqueak was careful not to damage the plant's foundation as he uprooted it, adding to their supply from this outing.

She frowned at Fawnsqueak, it was obvious that he didn’t think she was right of mind. “If you have something to say. Say it.” Her voice was sour, but she moved on.

She raked moss up with her claws, taking clumps of the ground it grew on. She piled them near her coltsfoot and hunted for a sunny patch to snag dandelions from. “We should look for Mushrooms. They do the job of antiinfectent and cobwebs”

(Don’t mean to bother, but where I live goldenrod doesn’t show up until late august. Just something that bothered me a little bit. Sorry for the late reply too)

Fawn
May 17th, 2020, 09:02 PM
She frowned at Fawnsqueak, it was obvious that he didn’t think she was right of mind. “If you have something to say. Say it.” Her voice was sour, but she moved on.

She raked moss up with her claws, taking clumps of the ground it grew on. She piled them near her coltsfoot and hunted for a sunny patch to snag dandelions from. “We should look for Mushrooms. They do the job of antiinfectent and cobwebs”

(Don’t mean to bother, but where I live goldenrod doesn’t show up until late august. Just something that bothered me a little bit. Sorry for the late reply too)
"You.. want me to say it." Fawnsqueak's meow was measured, cold, but it was a request for permission because he really didn't think it would be a good idea to go on, unsolicited. "Do you seriously want that? Like.. it's probably better to just, ignore it since I don't remember you handling it well the last time someone criticized you." It was edging into bitterness, the annoyance with having to be here at all beginning to rub on him with her abrasive personality.

Fawnsqueak flicked his tail, dismissing that for now. "You can look for the mushrooms, but... Coyotesnarl said to wait for night so you can make sure they don't glow. And aren't poisonous. So.. I might take his word on that one, 'cause I have no idea what I'm looking for." But he knew he wasn't looking to poison his clanmates.

CheetahPelt
May 17th, 2020, 09:12 PM
"You.. want me to say it." Fawnsqueak's meow was measured, cold, but it was a request for permission because he really didn't think it would be a good idea to go on, unsolicited. "Do you seriously want that? Like.. it's probably better to just, ignore it since I don't remember you handling it well the last time someone criticized you." It was edging into bitterness, the annoyance with having to be here at all beginning to rub on him with her abrasive personality.

Fawnsqueak flicked his tail, dismissing that for now. "You can look for the mushrooms, but... Coyotesnarl said to wait for night so you can make sure they don't glow. And aren't poisonous. So.. I might take his word on that one, 'cause I have no idea what I'm looking for." But he knew he wasn't looking to poison his clanmates.

Her eyes widened, nostrils flaring. “I’m tired of having an uptight Tom cat send glares and suspicious looks at my direction.” She clawed through the tall grasses. “You might not like me, but at least hold some respect.” Small rubbery mushrooms sprouted in the shade of the grasses. She sent a searing look at the spotted ton, before pulling off a strip and laying it on the edge of her lip. Poison was numbing, that’s part of the reason dandelion worked as a numbing agent.

While waiting to see if it numbed her lip she whipped around to look Fawnsqueak in the face.

Fawn
May 17th, 2020, 09:27 PM
Her eyes widened, nostrils flaring. “I’m tired of having an uptight Tom cat send glares and suspicious looks at my direction.” She clawed through the tall grasses. “You might not like me, but at least hold some respect.” Small rubbery mushrooms sprouted in the shade of the grasses. She sent a searing look at the spotted ton, before pulling off a strip and laying it on the edge of her lip. Poison was numbing, that’s part of the reason dandelion worked as a numbing agent.

While waiting to see if it numbed her lip she whipped around to look Fawnsqueak in the face.
"Okay, well, sit down because this might take a bit. But, uh, I'm not going to sugarcoat it." Otterstone thought she could handle it, she was getting the truth. The full truth.

Fawnsqueak swallowed the sigh, but he couldn't say he expected anything more from her. Prior to this, he had no real reason to organize his thoughts in more than angry clusters that came and went, but to voice them for Otterstone would require thorough introspection. Objective.. analytic-- it wasn't personal. And if it was, that was a different conversation.

"You.. are so, so incredibly and objectively bad at your job as a medicine cat that I have no idea why you're super attached to this stupid thing when all it's ever done is damage your image in front of the entirety of RiverClan and ruin your reputation with everybody. It's like you think you're meant for this after falling into the position as a literal fluke because Lionstorm just wanted to get some dumb revenge on Dirtfur, but-- you were a way better warrior than you were a medicine cat both in, skill and just.. heart, I guess." Fawnsqueak gave her a measured look, taking this moment to breathe and letting the reply soak in before he continued. "Maybe.. maybe you don't realize this, but I'm pretty sure that Omenshade was more successful with more patients, and then-- he.. I don't know, left? And the complete forest fire that is you attempting to play medicine cat sort of came into the spotlight when it seems like you don't heal the Clan where you're needed. I, a dumbass random warrior who knows nothing about medicine, had to step in because Lionstorm thought I would be more qualified than you during a time you weren't even there, but then you showed up and.. somehow made things worse by fighting with Lionstorm over Gentlethunder dying at your paws! And then Goosefury! He had cobwebs stuck in his missing eye socket that you didn't bother to fix-- thank stars that Coyotesnarl happened to come along, but it's also so goddamn embarrassing to have him see what a ... a failure and a wreckage that whole thing was."

Fawnsqueak felt his claws digging into the ground, exasperation inching in. "But! The past is the past, y'know? Let's assume... that you had some 'come to the stars' moment where you recognized that, 'hey, I suck at this and Lion is up there telling me how bad I am, so I'm going to clean up my act' but now we're out of every herb because... who knows what you were doing after Shiverpetal died, and you stuck the last of our supply copiously on every patient that you could without even thinking it might bite us in the ass. It's wasteful and I think I mentioned that but you didn't care because you think you're older or more experienced just because you've been dawdling around in this position longer. Congratulations, yeah--your seniority level of crap work outdoes mine. So don't bother listening to a word, and I doubt you'll even listen to this after the leader himself said to get it together and nothing changed.

"And I'm not suspicious of you! What even is that? I think you're not... mentally alright for this, because you're misidentifying herbs and you're being careless with the mushrooms and you've 'treated' patients who didn't actually get treated because their wounds came back worse than before! Coyotesnarl has taught me way more in this, stupidly tiny amount of time that we had while he was here. More than you taught and I've just been waiting around and practicing, but you don't tell me anything except wrong information like.. Oh! Tansy!" It popped to mind with sudden clarity, his eyes flashing. Coyotesnarl never said a word about it after listing his infection cures, and Fawnsqueak had put two and two together after hearing about Warblerpaw. "Tansy doesn't cure infections! Okay? It doesn't. So all those patients where you were shoving tansy at them? Did nothing and their wounds are worse. You have been so negligent that it's unbelievable."

teddy.
May 18th, 2020, 12:12 PM
S-oft

Ok yeah maybe a bit too far. He made a face that resembled that "yeah sorry , got a bit carried away..." good going mousebrain! Yeesh
"I have an idea, just tell ravenpaw to go hunting . I'll make it look like I attacked somebody but I'll just use red berry juice . Or a mouse from the kill pile . Ok?

Bumblebelly gave him a quirky nod as his ears twitched and turned to the sound of the forest around them. "That's a good idea. You have my full encouragement to do what you see fit! I just would... enjoy if my apprentice was honest with me." He sighed loudly. "Maybe after all this we could grab a bite to wat and we can get to know eachother in a better situation?"

Leucos
May 18th, 2020, 12:23 PM
S-oft

Smiling softly but also filled with slight pity. Was pity the right word? Ah, it felt like it. He couldn't describe it but he felt bad for him. "just tell lionstar ok? I really don't wanna ruin my reputation ..and I'm sorry . Hopefully this works out right . " he hoped his own apprentice would be truthful to him too. Then he gave a dorky smile. Why wouldn't he want to!?! This tom was adorable right from the start. "of course! Why wouldn't i? We could even be besties? More friends won't hurt. " don't say hes adorable...it may make him feel uncomfortable..but...ergh!.. looking over his shoulder "I say soon we do this? Or now? What time?"

Sweetie
May 19th, 2020, 05:56 AM
Straightening up Shimmeringpool tilted her head, listening to Berrypaw's response. It didn't feel right? Hmmm... The silver and white warrior padded in circles around her apprentice looking at her stance. "Well, move your limbs closer like tuck them in or space out a little." In all honesty Shimmeringpool was not sure how to help her apprentice.
"Don't be tensed. You have to ease your way into your hunting position, you can't force it." Hopefully, that made sense to the younger molly. Not knowing what else to do the warrior moved back into her stance to show Berrypaw how she did it.

Puddle~

Loon
May 19th, 2020, 06:58 AM
+ @Loon (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=11921) +
"Alright, once you see a shadow of a fish in the water, you, with unsheathed claws, scoop the fish out of the water. If it's small, you bring it up to your mouth to bite it. If it's large, you smack it down beside you and bite into it, as it's unlikely you'd keep a large fish balanced on your paw." Rainsplash meowed, looking back to the water and watching for a shadow of a fish.

Loonpaw nodded and looked into the water, watching for a shadow of a fish. She eyed up a few minnows but remained still. She wasn't going to waste her time with something so small. She needed to impress Rainsplash! And show that dumb Houndpaw that she is a better hunter then him! She furrowed her brow as she waited, her amber eyes narrowed in focus. Finally, a glint of silver caught her eye- bigger then a minnow, for sure, and without thinking she swatted at the fish, smacking it onto the shore. For a moment, she paused to let out a hoot of excitement then realized the wriggling fish was slapping back towards the water, and leapt at it, struggling to pin it down while she bit into it's muscly body.
Finally after a few moments, it's wriggling died down and it slowed, and Loonpaw proudly stepped back to look at the fish.

"I did it!" She meowed, unable to hide the excitement in her eyes as she glanced at Rainsplash. "What kind is it?"

[ Splashy ]

teddy.
May 19th, 2020, 10:18 AM
S-oft

Smiling softly but also filled with slight pity. Was pity the right word? Ah, it felt like it. He couldn't describe it but he felt bad for him. "just tell lionstar ok? I really don't wanna ruin my reputation ..and I'm sorry . Hopefully this works out right . " he hoped his own apprentice would be truthful to him too. Then he gave a dorky smile. Why wouldn't he want to!?! This tom was adorable right from the start. "of course! Why wouldn't i? We could even be besties? More friends won't hurt. " don't say hes adorable...it may make him feel uncomfortable..but...ergh!.. looking over his shoulder "I say soon we do this? Or now? What time?"

Bumblebelly didn't have much concern Lionstar, it seemed like the type of meddling thing he would approve of. He bumped his head against the younger warrior with a small smile. "Bestie huh? I think plotting behind my apprentices back is a strange say to make friends but I can't say this isn't a little fun," Bumblebelly admitted with a small chuckle. "Do it as soon as possible! I want her to get her warrior name back, I can't imagine what it would be like to be demoted... Besides, I have more on my paws at he moment, I cant deal with an apprentice on top of that."

Puddle~
May 19th, 2020, 11:26 AM
Straightening up Shimmeringpool tilted her head, listening to Berrypaw's response. It didn't feel right? Hmmm... The silver and white warrior padded in circles around her apprentice looking at her stance. "Well, move your limbs closer like tuck them in or space out a little." In all honesty Shimmeringpool was not sure how to help her apprentice.
"Don't be tensed. You have to ease your way into your hunting position, you can't force it." Hopefully, that made sense to the younger molly. Not knowing what else to do the warrior moved back into her stance to show Berrypaw how she did it.

Puddle~

Still quite uncomfortable, Berrypaw listened to Shimmeringpool's pointers. She brought her limbs closer to her body and spaced her paws a little wider apart. Trying to get into a natural-feeling position, she made minor adjustments to her stance until it started to feel a bit more comfortable. Looking once more at her mentor's example, the young molly studied the flow her mentor's joints, trying to mimic it with her own limbs. Frustrated that it still felt too unnatural for comfort, the apprentice stood back up and tried again, this time slowly easing into her stance. This attempt, it felt more natural, so she was pretty convinced that she was doing it right now. Gazing over at Shimmeringpool, she gave a small smile. "It feels better now." Holding the stance, she awaited her mentor's feedback, ears twitching eagerly for them to really get started.

Leucos
May 19th, 2020, 11:38 AM
S-oft

He gave a mischievous chuckle "oh please, one of the best ways ~ " he purred . Besides he needed a little fun in his life! He can't say that fallenstorm would approve of this. ...
Yeah he understood that part too. " aight, hope to starclan this works. See ya after " with that head back to the camp.

Dawneye
May 20th, 2020, 12:04 AM
Dawnpaw walked through the territory, not showing as much energy as she usually would, but more showing a combination of sadness, tiredness, and a bit of excitement. She padded along with her mentor, only at first wondering to herself what they would do first before realizing she should well just ask. She turned to Nighttuft “what are we going to do first Nighttuft? Hunting? Battle training? Learning how to collect bedding?” Those all sounded equally exciting to Dawnpaw, she loved being useful to her clan in any way that she possibly could
MagicCat99

MagicCat99
May 20th, 2020, 08:21 AM
Dawnpaw walked through the territory, not showing as much energy as she usually would, but more showing a combination of sadness, tiredness, and a bit of excitement. She padded along with her mentor, only at first wondering to herself what they would do first before realizing she should well just ask. She turned to Nighttuft “what are we going to do first Nighttuft? Hunting? Battle training? Learning how to collect bedding?” Those all sounded equally exciting to Dawnpaw, she loved being useful to her clan in any way that she possibly could
MagicCat99
Nighttuft's whiskers trembled in amusement. "The bedding. Come, I'll show you where you can find moss." She meowed, leading the way to a tree trunk. Moss grew over the entire trunk. The warrior unsheathed her claws as far as she could, and slashed some moss off of the trunk. "Now you try."

cloudii
May 20th, 2020, 08:51 AM
[@Glory cont. ]
She continued out of the camp, giving her shoulder a quick lick. She had scented a mouse by the tree trunk.

Dawneye
May 20th, 2020, 09:52 AM
Dawnpaw looked a bit nervous that she would somehow mess up. She outstretched her claws as much as she could and followed Nighttuft’s motion, getting a smaller portion of moss than her mentor. “Isn’t there any easier way to do it? This has to hurt some cats paw”
MagicCat99

aspen.
May 20th, 2020, 10:05 AM
[@Glory cont. ]
She continued out of the camp, giving her shoulder a quick lick. She had scented a mouse by the tree trunk.

[ aaa It didn't go through ]

Creampelt looked up at the sky, distracted for a moment. "Shall we fish?" he asked.

cloudii
May 20th, 2020, 10:21 AM
[ aaa It didn't go through ]

Creampelt looked up at the sky, distracted for a moment. "Shall we fish?" he asked.
"Sure...!" She said

aspen.
May 20th, 2020, 10:26 AM
"Sure...!" She said

Creampelt padded over to the river, and waited for a fish, watching silently.

cloudii
May 20th, 2020, 10:54 AM
Creampelt padded over to the river, and waited for a fish, watching silently.
She padded over too him, and dipped a paw in.

aspen.
May 20th, 2020, 11:25 AM
She padded over too him, and dipped a paw in.

Creampelt watched the river for any activity, he couldn't wait to catch one. Just thinking about it made him lick his lips.

cloudii
May 20th, 2020, 11:35 AM
Creampelt watched the river for any activity, he couldn't wait to catch one. Just thinking about it made him lick his lips.

"Shadow-" she said quietly, and moved so her shadow couldn't be seen. She saw a splash, and hooked the fish. She nosed it towards him. "You look hungry...I-i can catch more."

aspen.
May 20th, 2020, 11:47 AM
"Shadow-" she said quietly, and moved so her shadow couldn't be seen. She saw a splash, and hooked the fish. She nosed it towards him. "You look hungry...I-i can catch more."

Creampelt shook his head. "The clan should be fed first," he meowed. "I can take it back to camp if you'd like."

MagicCat99
May 20th, 2020, 12:55 PM
Dawnpaw looked a bit nervous that she would somehow mess up. She outstretched her claws as much as she could and followed Nighttuft’s motion, getting a smaller portion of moss than her mentor. “Isn’t there any easier way to do it? This has to hurt some cats paw”
MagicCat99
"Well yeah, but all the roots and dirt would stick to it. The elders don't want that." Nighttuft meowed. Her tail flicked. She looked at the moss Dawnpaw had collected, and noticed it's size. "Try this for larger pieces." The warrior meowed, getting another piece of moss close to the trunk, but above the roots.

Dawneye
May 20th, 2020, 01:09 PM
"Well yeah, but all the roots and dirt would stick to it. The elders don't want that." Nighttuft meowed. Her tail flicked. She looked at the moss Dawnpaw had collected, and noticed it's size. "Try this for larger pieces." The warrior meowed, getting another piece of moss close to the trunk, but above the roots.
Dawnpaw watched her mentor closely, waiting until she was done to copy her movements, managing to get a larger piece of moss. Her eyes lit up with pride when she saw what she did, but they still showed a bit of an emptiness and sadness. She looked up at Nighttuft for some sort of approval to be sure she did it right before she asked her question “How do we carry it back? In our mouths? On our backs? Under our chins?”

Splashy
May 20th, 2020, 04:03 PM
+ Loon +
Rainsplash smiled, gently putting his paw on the scales to determine how they felt. "Seems to be a Silver Carp. Well done, Loonpaw" He purred, touching his nose to her cheek as to say "I'm Happy for you" or "Well Done".

cloudii
May 20th, 2020, 04:34 PM
Creampelt shook his head. "The clan should be fed first," he meowed. "I can take it back to camp if you'd like."
"Its o-okay.." She waited silently, hearing a splash. She nodded at him.

aspen.
May 20th, 2020, 04:57 PM
"Its o-okay.." She waited silently, hearing a splash. She nodded at him.

Creampelt reached down swiftly and hooked a fish with his claws. His sixth claw looked a bit odd, but was useful for this, and he caught the fish successfully.

cloudii
May 20th, 2020, 05:01 PM
Creampelt reached down swiftly and hooked a fish with his claws. His sixth claw looked a bit odd, but was useful for this, and he caught the fish successfully.
"Woah! Thats cool!" She said, looking at his paw.

aspen.
May 20th, 2020, 05:05 PM
"Woah! Thats cool!" She said, looking at his paw.

Creampelt looked shyly at his foot. "Thanks," he said, self-consious, although it wasn't really a big deal. It was helpful for fishing, though, which was worth mentioning.

cloudii
May 20th, 2020, 05:16 PM
Creampelt looked shyly at his foot. "Thanks," he said, self-consious, although it wasn't really a big deal. It was helpful for fishing, though, which was worth mentioning.
SHe smiled shyly, then quickly scooped out a small fish. "Wow..thats a LOT."

aspen.
May 20th, 2020, 05:45 PM
SHe smiled shyly, then quickly scooped out a small fish. "Wow..thats a LOT."

"Let's take this back to camp," said Creampelt, figuring this would be enough for the clan.

MagicCat99
May 21st, 2020, 12:26 AM
Dawnpaw watched her mentor closely, waiting until she was done to copy her movements, managing to get a larger piece of moss. Her eyes lit up with pride when she saw what she did, but they still showed a bit of an emptiness and sadness. She looked up at Nighttuft for some sort of approval to be sure she did it right before she asked her question “How do we carry it back? In our mouths? On our backs? Under our chins?”
Nighttuft smiled and nodded in approval. "Like this." She meowed, grabbing a piece off moss under her chin and a piece in her mouth. "But first it has to be dry." The she meowed, letting the two pieces of moss fall down again. She squeezed the water out of it with her paws, before grabbing it again.

Dawneye
May 21st, 2020, 01:59 AM
Dawnpaw followed her instruction, putting the moss down and pushing to dry it out. No one likes having wet bedding, unless it’s really just that hot out. When she thought it was dry enough she picked up it and held it as Nighttuft showed her, some under her chin and some in her jaws. She struggled to speak like this “wike dis?” She asked, he mouth full of moss
MagicCat99

MagicCat99
May 21st, 2020, 06:35 AM
Dawnpaw followed her instruction, putting the moss down and pushing to dry it out. No one likes having wet bedding, unless it’s really just that hot out. When she thought it was dry enough she picked up it and held it as Nighttuft showed her, some under her chin and some in her jaws. She struggled to speak like this “wike dis?” She asked, he mouth full of moss
MagicCat99
Nighttuft nodded and flicked her tail as a sign for the apprentice to follow her. She padded back through the territory, occasionally glancing over her shoulder at Dawnpaw.

Dawneye
May 21st, 2020, 08:55 AM
Nighttuft nodded and flicked her tail as a sign for the apprentice to follow her. She padded back through the territory, occasionally glancing over her shoulder at Dawnpaw.
Dawnpaw padded close to Nighttuft, being a little bit slow out of fear that she would drop the bedding. She wondered who the bedding would be for, elders, kits, her, warriors, Lionstar? She was just so excited, her tail wouldn’t stop flicking around

RedHead
May 21st, 2020, 11:21 AM
Houndpaw didn’t mind the silence between his question and Ternsky’s answer and he used the opportunity to check out the sights around him. The territory looked beautiful in the rising light and he enjoyed the slowly growing sounds of waking birds and shuffling leaves. He didn’t even mind the chill in the air or the pointed dew pricked his paws coldly from the soft grass. Ternsky’s eventual answer pulled him from his observations and he smirked, “ah, poor Tern. You seem to be surrounded by frustrating cats. I say this because I’ve been told a number of times that I am just that. But, if it is physical exertion you seek, I say we kick things up a notch! How about a race to get your blood pumping faster than that frustrating kitty can!” Houndpaw cut off his drawl to emphasize the final statement and threw in a wink for good measure, already stretching out his muscles.

Eyes widening in interest at Houndpaw's suggestion, before she narrowed them, a smirk coming across her features. "Physical exertion you say? I'm usually not one for that, but I suppose it could help us get places faster." The black-furred she-cat flicked her tail, tapping the moist ground with a paw. "Be careful of the small sinkholes as we near the Shadowclan border, it's going to be especially marshy around there this time of year." She then took off at a much faster pace, not even looking back to make sure Houndpaw was following. He was a grown cat, he could keep up easily.

dionysus
May 21st, 2020, 12:14 PM
[ RedHead ]

Houndpaw was just nodding impatiently at Ternsky’s warning and waiting to run when the she-cat took off.

“Oh ho ho!” His voice was both surprised and amused, “so that’s how you want to play it!”

Without wasting another moment talking to himself, Houndpaw shot after the black feline, pounding his paws into the marshy ground as he raced to catch up and outstrip her. The tom loved running, so he wasn’t too concerned, or winded. He kept his pace controlled as he caught her up, saving some energy for a burst of speed that would hopefully put him ahead of her.

Pepperkins
May 21st, 2020, 01:50 PM
Raccoontail

Raccoontail quickly exited the camp, flicking a tail for Smokepaw to follow as she was dismissed. "Alright, now that the rogue was taken care off, we can continue with our training!" she meowed satisfactorily, as now there were no more disruptions. She could try to teach this stubborn apprentice in peace, "We're only going to see the borders today, so you know where they are, but of course we can perhaps slip in a bit of hunting or battle training if we get through this quickly!" Hoping the thought that use to excite her to the tip of her tail would influence the apprentice to cooperate, Raccoontail smiled, trying not to seem mean or anything. Considering she hadn't talked to the apprentice before this, it either had to be because of her appearance or her previous disappearance. So what better way to fix that than to show her that she was a warrior at heart and not look intimidating! "Are you ready to go?"

[ TeamRiverRipple ]

MEAT ANGELS
May 21st, 2020, 03:57 PM
Pepperkins
[please don't take offense from smoke. I do not share any of these beliefs <3]

Smokepaw held back a scoff. This idiot molly was so desperate, she seemed like she'd be better of as a rogue rather than a Riverclan cat. "Are you ready to tolerate me bombarding you with pointless questions? No, I should think not. Let's go." Sure, some cats may see it as wrong that Smokepaw was leading her mentor instead of the other way around, but she was growing impatient with this dull, desperate, she-cat. Waving her tail for Raccoontail to follow her, though she didn't have an exact location, Smokepaw led her way down to a small patch of brambles.

Pepperkins
May 21st, 2020, 06:03 PM
Raccoontail

The molly stared ahead at Smokepaw unbelievingly as she took the lead. Who was teaching who here? With a growl under her breath, she quickly padded to catch up and got back in front. "So you'regonna be difficult, alright then," she mumbled, walking along the worn path she had trailed onto and looking back at the apprentice confusedly. She wasn't even trying to respect her attempts, it was just plain rude at this point. With a sigh, she realized they were getting close to the first border and paused to see if the apprentice had noticed anything. Not spotting an immediate reaction, she just paused, stopping in her tracks and stepping off the path. "Alright then, since you think you can obviously lead me, tell me where the border is. And make sure not to step over it, wouldn't want a patrol to notice you," she meowed in instruction. Obviously she had to be a lot harder on this cat if she was going to learn anything.

[ TeamRiverRipple ]

CheetahPelt
May 21st, 2020, 06:08 PM
"Okay, well, sit down because this might take a bit. But, uh, I'm not going to sugarcoat it." Otterstone thought she could handle it, she was getting the truth. The full truth.

Fawnsqueak swallowed the sigh, but he couldn't say he expected anything more from her. Prior to this, he had no real reason to organize his thoughts in more than angry clusters that came and went, but to voice them for Otterstone would require thorough introspection. Objective.. analytic-- it wasn't personal. And if it was, that was a different conversation.

"You.. are so, so incredibly and objectively bad at your job as a medicine cat that I have no idea why you're super attached to this stupid thing when all it's ever done is damage your image in front of the entirety of RiverClan and ruin your reputation with everybody. It's like you think you're meant for this after falling into the position as a literal fluke because Lionstorm just wanted to get some dumb revenge on Dirtfur, but-- you were a way better warrior than you were a medicine cat both in, skill and just.. heart, I guess." Fawnsqueak gave her a measured look, taking this moment to breathe and letting the reply soak in before he continued. "Maybe.. maybe you don't realize this, but I'm pretty sure that Omenshade was more successful with more patients, and then-- he.. I don't know, left? And the complete forest fire that is you attempting to play medicine cat sort of came into the spotlight when it seems like you don't heal the Clan where you're needed. I, a dumbass random warrior who knows nothing about medicine, had to step in because Lionstorm thought I would be more qualified than you during a time you weren't even there, but then you showed up and.. somehow made things worse by fighting with Lionstorm over Gentlethunder dying at your paws! And then Goosefury! He had cobwebs stuck in his missing eye socket that you didn't bother to fix-- thank stars that Coyotesnarl happened to come along, but it's also so goddamn embarrassing to have him see what a ... a failure and a wreckage that whole thing was."

Fawnsqueak felt his claws digging into the ground, exasperation inching in. "But! The past is the past, y'know? Let's assume... that you had some 'come to the stars' moment where you recognized that, 'hey, I suck at this and Lion is up there telling me how bad I am, so I'm going to clean up my act' but now we're out of every herb because... who knows what you were doing after Shiverpetal died, and you stuck the last of our supply copiously on every patient that you could without even thinking it might bite us in the ass. It's wasteful and I think I mentioned that but you didn't care because you think you're older or more experienced just because you've been dawdling around in this position longer. Congratulations, yeah--your seniority level of crap work outdoes mine. So don't bother listening to a word, and I doubt you'll even listen to this after the leader himself said to get it together and nothing changed.

"And I'm not suspicious of you! What even is that? I think you're not... mentally alright for this, because you're misidentifying herbs and you're being careless with the mushrooms and you've 'treated' patients who didn't actually get treated because their wounds came back worse than before! Coyotesnarl has taught me way more in this, stupidly tiny amount of time that we had while he was here. More than you taught and I've just been waiting around and practicing, but you don't tell me anything except wrong information like.. Oh! Tansy!" It popped to mind with sudden clarity, his eyes flashing. Coyotesnarl never said a word about it after listing his infection cures, and Fawnsqueak had put two and two together after hearing about Warblerpaw. "Tansy doesn't cure infections! Okay? It doesn't. So all those patients where you were shoving tansy at them? Did nothing and their wounds are worse. You have been so negligent that it's unbelievable."

Otterstone stood there for a moment. Anger roiled in her belly as Fawnsqueak berated her. She opened her maw, the mushroom strip forgotten as he spoke.

How.

Could.

He.

Her golden eyes widened flashing with anger, her jaw clenching, every muscle in her body went rigid. Ever ounce of her consciousness wanted to scream, but she didn't. She slid towards Fawnsqueak coming whisker to whisker with the smaller tom.

If she hadn't been through so much anger from other cats she would have clawed the spotted cat's eyes out, but her temper held together, though as if it was being held with cobweb.

Her voice was low and quiet as she began to talk slowly.

"I've healed more cats then you or Lionstar."

Her voice was a growl, but as she continued, her voice raised to a hushed tone.

"I was a successful medicine cat, until the last battle. Every cat from the battle with the coyotes was healed because of me." She accompanied her words with a wave of her claws, sheathing and unsheathing in anger, her other paws working up the ground beneath her.

"Lionstar lets his anger run deep that I had a makeshift medicine camp in the middle of battle field, but that wasn't my doing. My plan was to move from cat to cat, maybe even kill a coyote of my own. Incompetent warriors came and dumped injured cats at my paws, ignoring my commands to move them away."

She moved away from Fawnsqueak to pace the small clearing they stood in, whipping around when she had gone away from him to face the spotted tom again. Her voice was still low.

"I came to heal the clan at the second battle. My stores were so depleted with the small amount of time between the first and the second battle, that I had few herbs then. I had been away when the clan rushed into battle, looking for herbs, communing with Starclan. By the time I came back, you must forget this part, your precious Lionstar threw such a storm for me to leave the camp. If I had stayed and tried to heal the crowd of injured cats, he would have attacked me." Her mind flashed back to the stones he had thrown, nearly missing her.

She her paw flailing had grown wilder, claws flashing through the air.

"And I haven't used any tansy!" He didn't even know what he was talking about. "Tansy is used for breathing, not for infection. I used golden rod on all of the warriors with battle wounds, and dandelion instead of poppy seed. Marigold came after the goldenrod ran out" She flashed back around so he was facing her back, eyes turned to the sky. "Starclan! You don't even know what you're talking about, and you call me unsound of mind?" She whipped back to the tom, lips curled in a snarl. "You lay all of the blame on me. I'm using the best knowledge I can, when I had one moon of training with a old, forgetful, Shadowclan mudslinger. I've healed more cats then you give me credit for, kitten."

Fawnsqueak didn't deserve his title, he didn't deserve his name. Kitten he was dubbed. Kitten, for every time he had looked at her with disdain in his eyes. Kitten for every time she could see his irritated and disbelieving thoughts painted across his face.

Fawn
May 21st, 2020, 06:44 PM
Otterstone stood there for a moment. Anger roiled in her belly as Fawnsqueak berated her. She opened her maw, the mushroom strip forgotten as he spoke.

How.

Could.

He.

Her golden eyes widened flashing with anger, her jaw clenching, every muscle in her body went rigid. Ever ounce of her consciousness wanted to scream, but she didn't. She slid towards Fawnsqueak coming whisker to whisker with the smaller tom.

If she hadn't been through so much anger from other cats she would have clawed the spotted cat's eyes out, but her temper held together, though as if it was being held with cobweb.

Her voice was low and quiet as she began to talk slowly.

"I've healed more cats then you or Lionstar."

Her voice was a growl, but as she continued, her voice raised to a hushed tone.

"I was a successful medicine cat, until the last battle. Every cat from the battle with the coyotes was healed because of me." She accompanied her words with a wave of her claws, sheathing and unsheathing in anger, her other paws working up the ground beneath her.

"Lionstar lets his anger run deep that I had a makeshift medicine camp in the middle of battle field, but that wasn't my doing. My plan was to move from cat to cat, maybe even kill a coyote of my own. Incompetent warriors came and dumped injured cats at my paws, ignoring my commands to move them away."

She moved away from Fawnsqueak to pace the small clearing they stood in, whipping around when she had gone away from him to face the spotted tom again. Her voice was still low.

"I came to heal the clan at the second battle. My stores were so depleted with the small amount of time between the first and the second battle, that I had few herbs then. I had been away when the clan rushed into battle, looking for herbs, communing with Starclan. By the time I came back, you must forget this part, your precious Lionstar threw such a storm for me to leave the camp. If I had stayed and tried to heal the crowd of injured cats, he would have attacked me." Her mind flashed back to the stones he had thrown, nearly missing her.

She her paw flailing had grown wilder, claws flashing through the air.

"And I haven't used any tansy!" He didn't even know what he was talking about. "Tansy is used for breathing, not for infection. I used golden rod on all of the warriors with battle wounds, and dandelion instead of poppy seed. Marigold came after the goldenrod ran out" She flashed back around so he was facing her back, eyes turned to the sky. "Starclan! You don't even know what you're talking about, and you call me unsound of mind?" She whipped back to the tom, lips curled in a snarl. "You lay all of the blame on me. I'm using the best knowledge I can, when I had one moon of training with a old, forgetful, Shadowclan mudslinger. I've healed more cats then you give me credit for, kitten."

Fawnsqueak didn't deserve his title, he didn't deserve his name. Kitten he was dubbed. Kitten, for every time he had looked at her with disdain in his eyes. Kitten for every time she could see his irritated and disbelieving thoughts painted across his face.
Fawnsqueak didn't flinch but could've gone without her breath in his face. "If that's what you call healing, maybe," he retorted. "But do me a favor and stay far away if I ever get an injury." His chances of surviving it were significantly better without her interaction, as demonstrated by the warriors that'd come forward with infections after "treatment" and her repeated abandonment of the Clan and her complete lack of awareness in regards to her own failures. "I don't know why I expected anything different from this. You wanted my problem with your incompetence, and you got it-- you literally told me to tell you, and you're throwing a kit-fit because you'd rather yell at me for being truthful than face your own shortcomings. I think that says a lot about you as a medicine cat who supposedly cares about her clanmates; you care more about your goddamn pride than bothering to take responsibility. Look, I'm sorry that you're terrible at this, but anyone who had half a wit left would get that it's time to either do the Clan a favor and let someone else take over, or actually make a change." Otterstone had plenty of opportunity for the latter, even after promising Lionstar that she'd be able to handle it, but went on business as usual. "All your effort is going toward screaming at everybody who dares to criticize your poor work instead of attempting to get better."

He didn't believe a word of it when she said she was successful. "You weren't, though," he pointed out, rigid. "You were trying to do full healing for every single patient on the battle field while the more pressing wounded were dying. I get that you might consider that successful given your record, but I don't. Nobody does." Bitterly, he was reminded that Omenshade did the majority of the actual healing for that -- Otterstone moved like a turtle from patient to patient, on the battlefield itself no less. "YOU'RE THE MEDICINE CAT, FOR STAR'S SAKE!" Fawnsqueak yelled suddenly, tired of her excuses and blamings during her recollection of the coyote battle. "You can ignore that Omenshade was doing your job and claim Lionstar demanded you to do this and that, or the warriors weren't listening, but it's still your job. You were supposed to be the expert and you need to have gripped the authority to be able to do that job you were assigned. Cats' lives were on the LINE, and you have the audacity to say it's others' fault, their incompetence that hindered you. You are.. are--" he sputtered, blinking with furrowed eyebrows, "just a disgrace. Talking about your clanmates like that, they've depended on you and you continue to let them down without batting an eye." Not only was her healing a joke, but she was too lazy to be out there collecting herbs despite having known Shiverpetal's supply was dwindling.

He might have been more sympathetic to her next claim if she hadn't been incredibly late to healing her dying clanmates, then ignored them to fight with Lionstar instead. "You have no other duties except to be the medicine cat. The battles were more than a moon apart! What were you DOING?" he asked, voice cracking from the strain of the question. "If you were so busy communicating with StarClan and collecting herbs, you must be just as bad at those things because you have nothing to show for it. No herbs, no messages from the stars, no wisdom, no... desire to be acceptably decent..? And he only told you to leave because you weren't doing anything! You could've, oh I don't know-- worked on the patients but you were preoccupied by telling him he was wrong, that you are a good medicine cat because clearly that's what a good medicine cat would be doing during such a dire time. You should have been healing first, having your tantrum and pity-fest second." That bit about Lionstar attacking her made him snort a bit, rolling his eyes.

Watching her do this... odd battle dance in the space around him was beginning to give Fawnsqueak major psycho vibes, and he stared at her through narrowed eyes, somewhat concerned for his own safety at this point. Stars knew she wouldn't be patching him up successfully if she did start shredding him. Dryly, he commented, "What?" he squawked, disbelieving. "YOU told me tansy was good for infection! [x (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=687127#post687127)] Besides, you're forgetting about the ten other herbs you slap on every patient needlessly." Fawnsqueak couldn't take her seriously when she was walloping the air and ranting like a deranged lunatic, so he wasn't about to believe her when she provided her herb usage. "You're literally prancing around and clawing at.. nothing, as well as being a senior warrior acting like a spoiled apprentice because I gave you the criticism you explicitly asked for. So.. yeah, I think I can kind of call you unsound here."

Fawnsqueak didn't know how long they'd been out here, but it felt like a lifetime and a half. He felt dumber just listening to that, and about ten times as useless since she was grouching his ear off instead of--once again--being a medicine cat, or even just a mature warrior. "I'm gonna, uh, head out. And try to get something done." Bending down, he plucked the flowers that he'd collected. "You can continue whatever this is for however long you want-- I honestly don't care anymore since I've been healing your patients anyway."

MEAT ANGELS
May 21st, 2020, 08:46 PM
Pepperkins

The border? Easy. She could hardly smell anything else over the stenches Clan cats. Sighing irritably, Smokepaw padded down a mud covered slope, almost retching as she neared the border. The scent of fish was overwhelming, with a slight hint of dung. The scent was suffocating, and Smokepaw shifted behind her mentor, eyes narrowed. “You go first.”

dionysus
May 22nd, 2020, 01:35 AM
[ elysian ]

Grizzlybug led the way out of camp with a smile, waving his tail for Beanpaw to follow. At the apprentice’s question he paused and chuckled,

“Well, yes,” he answered truthfully, “but there’s a large portion that I’ll just point out to you from afar. We don’t take new apprentices there. Now, I’m gonna move a bit fast to make sure we fit everything in before the sun starts going down so just let me know if you need a break.”

With another encouraging smile, the fluffy tom set off for the nearest border, working out their route in his head. The closest border was with Windclan and he could hit Sleepy Thicket and the river on the way. In fact, they were closing in on it now.

“This is sleepy thicket.” he pointed with his tail. “It is good for walks and you can find some smaller land prey in there too.”

They didn’t go too near the thicket, just close enough to see the beginnings of the snarled branches, and they were quickly off again in the direction of the first border. They eventually came upon the river and Grizzlybug paused on the bank, nodding to the other side.

“Over there is our border with Windclan. It stretches pretty long down there, toward Lionsbeach- which we’ll get to- and we are at the end near where it meets the Shadowclan border. It is important to mark the borders daily. They save us from attack due to territory confusion and they keep us from losing territory. Territory is also gravely important to have because without it we would starve. This river is a little safety feature since the Windclanners aren’t likely to cross it, but it is also our main source of food. On any given day, you’ll probably see a few warriors here fishing- this is where a lot of our bigger fish come from. I’ll be teaching you to fish as well as hunt land prey and how to fight. We’ll also give swimming a refresher some day even though you learned with Ternsky- every apprentice learns either as a lit or as an apprentice but most have refreshers too later in their apprenticeship since it is such an important skill. Let’s move on to the Shadowclan border.”

Grizzlybug dreaded the day he’d have to refresh Beanpaw on swimming. He paused a moment to look at the distant border and the moors beyond, wondering if he should take the apprentice through the river to mark it. He could always walk down to the stepping stones to keep his fur dry but the warrior was loath to do either. He’d demonstrate marking at the next border and he was sure that the border had already been marked that day. So, off they set for the nearby Shadowclan border.

Pepperkins
May 22nd, 2020, 08:52 AM
Raccoontail

She looked at the apprentice with a shake of her head. She knew exactly where the border was, and though it seemed Smokepaw had figured it out to, she wasn't leaving till she showed her some respect. It was harsh and she didn't like it, but this cat was getting on all her nerves. "Excuse me? I think you forgot who's in charge her, Smokepaw," she replied, giving her chest fur a lick casually, "I can sit here all day, now where is the border? I want you to show me." Raccoontail wasn't quite sure how that was supposed to be done but she was getting tired of the she-cat's attitude.

[ TeamRiverRipple ]

MEAT ANGELS
May 22nd, 2020, 10:46 AM
Pepperkins

Smokepaw gagged, before narrowing her eyes and glaring wholeheartedly at her mentor. Annoying coward. "You're in charge. Why don't you show me? you're the mentor, being irresponsible and making me do the work. Now, off you go." That'd show Racoontail to not be annoying, and stay away from Smokepaw. "Well? I'm still waiting." Ooh, this'd set her off. How fun. The only cats nerves she could get on as a kit were Hivekit's and Eveningpaw's. Both of which were on a whole different rank, so she was a bit unable to annoy them now. But, here, Raccontail! She could share her beliefs, feelings, and.... tell her how stupid Riverclan was. She'd known her and her sisters would be better of on their own.

Terrestrial
May 22nd, 2020, 05:16 PM
Dust

Cherrypounce had arrived at the river before Pebblepudge. The fluffy caliby patiently awaited the new warrior's arrival. As she waited her eyes had been glued onto the big ball of fire sink into the land beyond. The sky turned from a light blue to pinks and purples along with light oranges. It was a stunning sight to see, surely Pebblepudge would admire the sunset too!

The molly always admired the tom when he was an apprentice, even more now that he was a warrior. She guessed that..her admiring was a little more than just being fond of him...but it was just fondness when Pebblepudge was an apprentice, warrior apprentice relationships were against the Warrior Code too!

Oh why was she even thinking about this kind of stuff?! Cherrypounce shook her head with embarrassment as a light pink blush formed on her cheeks.

vellichor
May 22nd, 2020, 10:49 PM
Beanpaw

The timid cat followed, wide eyes taking everything in for the first time. While he had been out of camp before, he never stopped to look around like this. And Grizz had even admitted that the territory was huge. Beanpaw looked down at his legs, short and stubby compared to the larger warrior's long limbs. How would they cover everything? 'No, I trust him, we can do it!' he thought to himself, determined to have a positive outlook. At least he'd gotten a mentor who knew him and his ...shortcomings.

"Sleepy Thicket... wonder why they call it that," he said softly, mostly to himself. "Sure doesn't make me sleepy." He didn't waste any time walking away from the intimidating branches, nearly bumping into Grizzlybug and squeaking an "Ah, sorry!"

Beanpaw listened as Grizzlybug gave a little speech on borders. He had no clue what a border was, so he paid close attention. A few terms were lost on the poor cat -- WindClan (he'd heard chatter of other cats, more Clans like the RiverClan kind of made sense), Lionsbeach (he assumed it had something to do with Lionstar... but what the heck was a beach?), and ShadowClan (probably like the WindClan... why did the name sound kind of scary?). From what he picked up, the other Clans were trying to steal their territory and their food. And by ...marking the border, it was safe? The logic didn't quite make sense to the young cat, but Beanpaw would commit this to memory. But what he was most excited about was fishing. Fish tasted so good, and he couldn't wait to share that goodness with other cats! "Great!" He meowed a bit too enthusiastically, voice echoing slightly. It was enough to make the new apprentice duck his head and chuckle with embarrassment.

Beau

Loon
May 23rd, 2020, 09:25 AM
Rainsplash smiled, gently putting his paw on the scales to determine how they felt. "Seems to be a Silver Carp. Well done, Loonpaw" He purred, touching his nose to her cheek as to say "I'm Happy for you" or "Well Done".

Loonpaw puffed up, even more if possible, with pride. She rubbed against him affectionately and back at the River, her body trembling with excitement.
"Can I try again, or should we bring this back to camp before it goes bad?" She asked, casting a nervous glance to the sky, wary of any birds that might swoop down and steal her new catch.

[ Splashy ]

dionysus
May 23rd, 2020, 11:23 AM
[ elysian ]

Grizzlybug chuckled warmly as Beanpaw nearly stumbled into him and turned to face the distant thicket momentarily.

“I believe it’s named Sleepy thicket due to the legend surrounding it. It’s very quiet and said to be haunted- so cats don’t go in there much, which makes it even quieter and the whole thing kinda creates a night-like sleepy atmosphere.”

He had known that the apprentice’s wondering was rhetorical, but he figured he might as well answer. When they reached the river and looked out on the border, Grizz didn’t notice that Beanpaw wasn’t understanding everything perfectly. He partially forgot that a good number of the words he was using wouldn’t make much sense to a cat not born in the clan. He did notice, though, Beanpaw’s eagerness and chuckled again. Darn this kid was cute.

Setting off again, Grizzlybug led the way to the Shadowclan border. It wasn’t a long walk since they were near the edge of the Windclan border, and they soon stood beside it.

“This is the Shadowclan border. I’ll teach you how to mark it now. All you do is pick something large and rub up against it along the scent line left by the rest of your clan mates and their’s. It’s not too hard, they should never be completely gone- just faded- so you can follow along the scents already there. You should be fairly familiar with where the line is, though, so you will know if Shadowclan tries to move it. That comes with practice, and you’ll have plenty of that.”

Grizz proceeded to demonstrate by rubbing his fluffy flank against a scraggly tree that already smelled freshly of Riverclan. The patrol must’ve gone by already, but it was a good training moment nonetheless. Eventually, the warrior pulled away and nodded a bit deeper into their own territory.

“Over there is Lion’s tunnels. Apprentices don’t go in there so you don’t really need to see it well right now. It’s a tunnel system left by two legs under the forest and it is mostly caved in, but some warriors go down there to catch rodents. You shouldn’t be down there at all- not until your warrior ceremony.”

His last statement was spoken in a stern tone that the fluffy tom hadn’t even known he had. He liked his dad voice, though. It made him feel like he had authority- which he did, he just didn’t seem like a very authoritative cat most of the time. After impressing upon Beanpaw that the young cat shouldn’t go into any tunnels, Grizzlybug trotted off again, this time toward the Thunderclan border.

[sorry, didn’t feel like switching over to the border threads lol]

Splashy
May 23rd, 2020, 09:39 PM
+ Loon +
"I'll catch something before we head back. You focus on keeping your first prey safe from any predators that may try and snatch it" Rainsplash meowed, padding back over to the river and crouching, making sure that his shadow didn't hang over the water. He seemed to have his ears lowered and claws unsheathed as he watched the rushing water with narrowed eyes. He found that a few shadows of fish, but he found them too small. After about a half an hour of staring at the water, he found a reasonably-sized fish and scooped out a fish. It appeared to be a medium-sized largemouth bass.

wolfie
May 24th, 2020, 08:22 PM
Cottonpaw followed behind the warrior, his whiskers twitched in excitement. He would try his best to pass this test. He would also make sure he didn't screw it up this time. Cottonpaw looked around the camp before padding out of the camp.

After they got a good distance away from the camp and into the territory where the prey would thrive-- Silvershade halted and turned around. "Okay so! We're testing out your skills to see if you become a warrior. What are the two basics skills?" Before Cottonpaw could get a chance to answer, "Hunting and Battling!" Silvershade mewed, rumbling.

"You'll be tested on your hunting first. You'll hunt until the sun is on top of us. You'll being doing this alone, " The warrior meowed, fluffy tail flickering. Silvershade couldn't believed they.. just lied. They shuddered but-- it would mess up Cottonpaw's performance if he knew they were watching him. "Understood?"

cloudii
May 24th, 2020, 10:03 PM
x ghostie
Sparkblaze sat in a little area by a small stream, humming. The small, fluffy she flicked her ginger tail happily, it started waving, but then stopped, she had heard a splash. She skillfully swept a fish out of the water, and set i aside, she would bring it back later.

RedHead
May 24th, 2020, 10:55 PM
[ RedHead ]

Houndpaw was just nodding impatiently at Ternsky’s warning and waiting to run when the she-cat took off.

“Oh ho ho!” His voice was both surprised and amused, “so that’s how you want to play it!”

Without wasting another moment talking to himself, Houndpaw shot after the black feline, pounding his paws into the marshy ground as he raced to catch up and outstrip her. The tom loved running, so he wasn’t too concerned, or winded. He kept his pace controlled as he caught her up, saving some energy for a burst of speed that would hopefully put him ahead of her.

Ternsky continued her run, though suddenly Houndpaw was overtaking her. The molly wasn't exactly the most athletic cat, so it was of no surprise to her. "Make sure you stop when you smell the border! It kinda smells like a mix of frogs and crow-food." She advised, raising her voice to a yell to make sure Houndpaw heard her. Soon enough, the two cats reached the border, Ternsky stopping a few mouse-lengths from it. "So this..." She meowed, now gasping for breath after the run. "Is the Shadowclan border. Otherwise known as the Saltmeadow Marsh. Nothing too pretty or special, I know."

BEAR.
May 25th, 2020, 12:36 AM
"So, where are you with your training?" Firehawk asked Softpaw as he headed out of the camp, waiting for her just outside to give her a chance to catch up. "I don't know what um, Gentlethunder and .. Lightfeather? have done with you and I don't want to do something you already know."

[ kittygirl ]

Pepperkins
May 25th, 2020, 01:27 AM
Raccoontail

Her fur bristled angrily as the apprentice insulted her but she managed to keep a calm face as she glared at Smokepaw in her thoughts. "Maybe we'll have to do a lesson on how to respect those older than you," she meowed, a slight hint of hatred in her voice. This apprentice was getting on all of her nerves, it was taking all her energy not to snap on her. "Look, here's the border, follow along this trail as we walk and tell me when you smell the scent change," she instructed, getting up as she ran her paw carefully along the edge of their territory then eventually starting to walk along it quickly.

[ Fallen One ]

dionysus
May 25th, 2020, 10:08 AM
Ternsky continued her run, though suddenly Houndpaw was overtaking her. The molly wasn't exactly the most athletic cat, so it was of no surprise to her. "Make sure you stop when you smell the border! It kinda smells like a mix of frogs and crow-food." She advised, raising her voice to a yell to make sure Houndpaw heard her. Soon enough, the two cats reached the border, Ternsky stopping a few mouse-lengths from it. "So this..." She meowed, now gasping for breath after the run. "Is the Shadowclan border. Otherwise known as the Saltmeadow Marsh. Nothing too pretty or special, I know."

Houndpaw grinned as he ran, pumping his legs and greatly enjoying the adrenaline roiling in his veins. He offered a nod in response to Ternsky and kept going, pulling up beside her so that they both skidded to a halt before the border together. Her description of the border made him laugh and he panted teasingly,

“Big fan of Shadowclan, are you?”

sootsplashed
May 25th, 2020, 11:00 AM
The kit stepped on the rocks, trying to get across the river. She squealed as a wave almost carried her off them.
"Help! Someone help!" Mumble

kittygirl
May 25th, 2020, 12:38 PM
Softpaw trotted out with firehawk and took a second to think, "i've had one battle session with gentle thunder, i've been on a two patrols. One with my mother and the other with lightfeather.." softpaw semi- hissed the sliver mollies name, "and one hunting lesson at cat-tail pond." she finely finished.

BILL.

Quasar
May 25th, 2020, 12:51 PM
The kit stepped on the rocks, trying to get across the river. She squealed as a wave almost carried her off them.
"Help! Someone help!" Mumble

Antfrost was padding back to camp after meeting with her mate, Elktooth, and she heard slashing coming from the river. She perked her ears and cautiously padded over, her claws unsheathed. She saw a kit stuggling to stay afloat, and quickly jumped in to save the small kit. She held the kit by the scruff and paddled back to the shore, making sure to keep the kit's head ubove the water. Once she got back onto land, she gently placed the kit down, "Are you alright?" she asked, examining the small kit.

sootsplashed
May 25th, 2020, 12:55 PM
Antfrost was padding back to camp after meeting with her mate, Elktooth, and she heard slashing coming from the river. She perked her ears and cautiously padded over, her claws unsheathed. She saw a kit stuggling to stay afloat, and quickly jumped in to save the small kit. She held the kit by the scruff and paddled back to the shore, making sure to keep the kit's head ubove the water. Once she got back onto land, she gently placed the kit down, "Are you alright?" she asked, examining the small kit.
The kit spit out water and looked at the she-cat who had saved her. "Yes, thanks to you!" Mumble

Quasar
May 25th, 2020, 12:59 PM
The kit spit out water and looked at the she-cat who had saved her. "Yes, thanks to you!" Mumble

Antfrost briskly nodded, "You don't smell like a clan cat. Are you a loner? Where's your mom?" she asked, sniffing around to she if she could find any other loners in the territory.

sootsplashed
May 25th, 2020, 01:06 PM
Antfrost briskly nodded, "You don't smell like a clan cat. Are you a loner? Where's your mom?" she asked, sniffing around to she if she could find any other loners in the territory.
She wanted to ask what a clan cat was, but she couldn't bring herself to. She was scared of how the she-cat would react, maybe thinking she was dumb and leaving her like her mother did. "M-my mom left me to fend for myself, she started "she said I wasn't good enough for her." Mumble

Echopeak
May 25th, 2020, 01:07 PM
Winterbadger was watching idol and dissociating, thinking, thinking of every word she could pull from her own memories. She shook her head as her green eyes focused on the small puddles of water all around, Why is it always so wet? she thought not being to involved in what was going on.

Quasar
May 25th, 2020, 01:08 PM
She wanted to ask what a clan cat was, but she couldn't bring herself to. She was scared of how the she-cat would react, maybe thinking she was dumb and leaving her like her mother did. "M-my mom left me to fend for myself, she started "she said I wasn't good enough for her." Mumble

Antfrost furrowed her eyebrows. What mother would leave a kit this young to fend for herself? "If it's ok with our leader Lionstar, do you want to join riverclan? we can take care you you there" she mewed, nudging the kit onto her paws.

sootsplashed
May 25th, 2020, 01:12 PM
Antfrost furrowed her eyebrows. What mother would leave a kit this young to fend for herself? "If it's ok with our leader Lionstar, do you want to join riverclan? we can take care you you there" she mewed, nudging the kit onto her paws.
"sure!" mewed the kit, happy she had found a place where she could be taken care of. "What's your name, anyway?" and just in case the she-cat was going to ask what her name was, she added "I don't have one." Mumble

Quasar
May 25th, 2020, 01:14 PM
"sure!" mewed the kit, happy she had found a place where she could be taken care of. "What's your name, anyway?" and just in case the she-cat was going to ask what her name was, she added "I don't have one." Mumble

Antfrost nodded, "ok, good. follow me" she mewed, starting to walk back to the camp, "my name is Antfrost" she mewed without glancing back to see if the kit was following her.

sootsplashed
May 25th, 2020, 01:17 PM
Antfrost nodded, "ok, good. follow me" she mewed, starting to walk back to the camp, "my name is Antfrost" she mewed without glancing back to see if the kit was following her.
The kit followed Antfrost into a safe haven, or so it seemed. There were cats everywhere! "So I'm going to live here? This is amazing!"

--
let's move it to river clan clearing now.

Dust
May 25th, 2020, 04:52 PM
Still managing to linger behind with the few pounds he'd yet to shed, Pebblepudge made his way happily over to stand beside Cherrypounce. Oh.. the river looked so nice n cool. All this warm green-leaf weather was starting to singe his fur... Flashing a friendly smile, he was almost immediately gone - leaping like a foolish kit into the river.

KER-SPLASH!

Sending up a hefty sprinkling of water, the gray feline resurfaced with a hoot of laughter. With the current pulling against his pelt, Pebblepudge began swimming along the bank, watching Cherrypounce expectantly,

"Come on in! The water's really nice! The current is gentle today as well!"

Wolfie

Madelaine
May 25th, 2020, 08:29 PM
After they got a good distance away from the camp and into the territory where the prey would thrive-- Silvershade halted and turned around. "Okay so! We're testing out your skills to see if you become a warrior. What are the two basics skills?" Before Cottonpaw could get a chance to answer, "Hunting and Battling!" Silvershade mewed, rumbling.

"You'll be tested on your hunting first. You'll hunt until the sun is on top of us. You'll being doing this alone, " The warrior meowed, fluffy tail flickering. Silvershade couldn't believed they.. just lied. They shuddered but-- it would mess up Cottonpaw's performance if he knew they were watching him. "Understood?"

Cottonpaw stopped when they did and read their lips, understanding what he was explaining. He dipped his head as he spoke. He was going to make sure he tried his best, so that he could pass. If he didn't he'd be an apprentice for a little while longer. He shuddered at the thought. "I understand everything.", he meowed, whiskers twitching. Cottonpaw was nervous and he hoped it didn't show.

BEAR.
May 25th, 2020, 10:19 PM
Softpaw trotted out with firehawk and took a second to think, "i've had one battle session with gentle thunder, i've been on a two patrols. One with my mother and the other with lightfeather.." softpaw semi- hissed the sliver mollies name, "and one hunting lesson at cat-tail pond." she finely finished.

BILL.

Hmm.

"Why don't we try our paw at hunting today?" Firehawk gently offered, though he pressed his muzzle in a frown at her soft hiss. Oh dear. "And perhaps chat about Lightfeather on our way back. Tomorrow we can do some battle training but I suppose your hunting at the pond was fishing mainly?"

wolfie
May 26th, 2020, 05:28 AM
Cloud
Silvershade was out on a hunt! Well, a hunt for flowers at least. The flowers the warrior had originally gathered up before the raid had withered. Hence why they were searching for more!

They poked their head through the bushes, "I swore there was a patch around here somewhereeee… Aaa, where could it b--" Silvershade's voice was cut off as they caught sight of Sparkblaze. "Oh hey!" They piped up, approaching the molly.

They casted an glance to Sparkblaze's catch, smiling. "Good catch, whaattccha up to?" Silvershade questioned, tilting their head.
_________
Sparkling Bliss
Silvershade grinned brightly at Cottenpaw, "Wonderful!" They rumbled, taking a step back. May Starclan bless you with luck on this fine day. "Whenever you're ready, you can staaarrtttt~!"

BEAR.
May 26th, 2020, 06:45 AM
Once Sootflare was on board, Lionstar was off.

No time to waste! Not when the panic of losing their water supply was setting in. No no no, they could not have that!

He knew the path to the nearest tunnel entrance very well and almost hesitated to go inside, the thought lingering that this would be the perfect opportunity to have Sootflare try to kill him in a 'tunnel collapse'.

... But he shrugged it aside. Sootfather was too boring to do that! Dirtfur was a much more shady deputy.

"Just this way.." Lionstar hadn't a clue where to go from here beyond where his paws took him, confident in his ability to navigate the dark and damp tunnels. They were heading deeper underground, judging by the growing stuffiness. It was too thick..

Yet, there was something in him that stirred excitedly with every step into the depths of the earth. "We're almost there."

[ shortstack ]

Loon
May 26th, 2020, 09:17 AM
"I'll catch something before we head back. You focus on keeping your first prey safe from any predators that may try and snatch it" Rainsplash meowed, padding back over to the river and crouching, making sure that his shadow didn't hang over the water. He seemed to have his ears lowered and claws unsheathed as he watched the rushing water with narrowed eyes. He found that a few shadows of fish, but he found them too small. After about a half an hour of staring at the water, he found a reasonably-sized fish and scooped out a fish. It appeared to be a medium-sized largemouth bass.

Loonpaw sat protectively next to her fish, a determined look on her face, stern and strong, but as she watched her mentor, she found her focus drifting from keeping predators away from her catch to watching the older tom hunting. She was mesmerized by how still and focused he was, and found herself admiring how patient he was- she couldn't help but squirm a little, even while she was just waiting. However- she leapt to her paws in surprise when he, quick as lightning, scooped his fish out of the water and let out a meow of surprise and admiration.

"Wow!! Rainsplash, that fish is huge!!" She exclaimed, unable to control her excitement. Her black tail was bristled and her amber eyes seemed to glow with pride. "That was awesome! You were so still and patience and then just- bam!!"

[ Splashy ]

Mango
May 26th, 2020, 01:14 PM
"Tranquil." She replied with a smile. "Things have been going very nicely this quartermoon. For me, at least." She paused to breathe, and then blinked sympathetically at Eveninglight. "How are things going for you?"
Eveninglight flicked her tail,” Thing have been going pretty good, since I just became a warrior a few days ago. I’m enjoying going out hunting alone, but frankly I grew rather close with my mentor and wish I had more time to spend with him, but he has a new apprentice now.” she meowed. She’d see some time if she could help Grizzlybug out with training some time maybe.

Sorrow
May 26th, 2020, 01:17 PM
Peppermint looked around. Nothing was there. Well, atleast he thought so.

kittygirl
May 26th, 2020, 02:01 PM
Softpaws smiled and nodded, she was a little surprised that firehawk wanted to know about that, "thats sounds fine and yes, we did fish." she purred, "I would also love to battle train tomorrow oh, and I suppose you already know my goal?" Softpaw had assumed most the cats of her clan already heard about her goal, since new travels fast with gossiping queens.

BILL.

peponceo
May 26th, 2020, 02:14 PM
Eveninglight flicked her tail,” Thing have been going pretty good, since I just became a warrior a few days ago. I’m enjoying going out hunting alone, but frankly I grew rather close with my mentor and wish I had more time to spend with him, but he has a new apprentice now.” she meowed. She’d see some time if she could help Grizzlybug out with training some time maybe.

Kitewing dipped her head to the other warrior. She remained silent for a few heartbeats, examinig the territory that lays ahead of them. "I was close to my mentor too. I really miss him." She smiled at the old, happy memories. "I can't wait to have my own apprentice. The bond mentor and apprentice have is something I wish I had with other cats." She added.

Mango
May 26th, 2020, 02:17 PM
Kitewing dipped her head to the other warrior. She remained silent for a few heartbeats, examinig the territory that lays ahead of them. "I was close to my mentor too. I really miss him." She smiled at the old, happy memories. "I can't wait to have my own apprentice. The bond mentor and apprentice have is something I wish I had with other cats." She added.
Eveninglight gave a nod to Kitewing,” Yeah, I want to try to keep that bond with my mentor, but I think he should bond with his new apprentice.” she meowed smiling. She loved happy memories.

peponceo
May 26th, 2020, 02:32 PM
Eveninglight gave a nod to Kitewing,” Yeah, I want to try to keep that bond with my mentor, but I think he should bond with his new apprentice.” she meowed smiling. She loved happy memories.

"You're right." Kitewing agreed. Some rustling bushes made the brown tabby she-cat drop instantly into a crouch. Soon she realized it was just the wind. She tried to mask the dissapointment in her face by giving a snort of amusement.

Mango
May 26th, 2020, 02:34 PM
"You're right." Kitewing agreed. Some rustling bushes made the brown tabby she-cat drop instantly into a crouch. Soon she realized it was just the wind. She tried to mask the dissapointment in her face by giving a snort of amusement.
Eveninglight flicked her tail,” That’s true. Ahh...you want to hunt, I’m down to hunt.” she asked casually.

peponceo
May 26th, 2020, 03:15 PM
Eveninglight flicked her tail,” That’s true. Ahh...you want to hunt, I’m down to hunt.” she asked casually.

Kitewing nodded. She walked a little further towards a tiny stream. She ducked down beside a tree, her brown pelt blending in well. She waited patiently for fish to appear. She then noticed some of them swiming down in the stream, and carefully, she set a paw forward and with her other paw, she scooped one single fish and grabbed it with her jaws. She put it down and mewed to Eveninglight. "There's plenty of fish in here. I hope it stays that way for a long time."

Mango
May 26th, 2020, 03:19 PM
Kitewing nodded. She walked a little further towards a tiny stream. She ducked down beside a tree, her brown pelt blending in well. She waited patiently for fish to appear. She then noticed some of them swiming down in the stream, and carefully, she set a paw forward and with her other paw, she scooped one single fish and grabbed it with her jaws. She put it down and mewed to Eveninglight. "There's plenty of fish in here. I hope it stays that way for a long time."
Frankly Eveninglight didn’t really like fishing, she never liked putting her paws in the water and swimming, but she’d pretend to enjoy fishing for a while, she might as well feed the clan,” Sure.” she meowed sitting down next to the water and after sitting for a few beats she slipped her paw into the water and scooped out a fish and pinned it down to ground until it stopped flopping.

peponceo
May 26th, 2020, 03:34 PM
Frankly Eveninglight didn’t really like fishing, she never liked putting her paws in the water and swimming, but she’d pretend to enjoy fishing for a while, she might as well feed the clan,” Sure.” she meowed sitting down next to the water and after sitting for a few beats she slipped her paw into the water and scooped out a fish and pinned it down to ground until it stopped flopping.

With the fish in her mouth, she tried speaking. "Hae you eva' ae cra'?" She put the fish down with a chuckle, realizing how stupid she sounded. "Have you ever ate crab?" She reapeated.

Mango
May 26th, 2020, 03:39 PM
With the fish in her mouth, she tried speaking. "Hae you eva' ae cra'?" She put the fish down with a chuckle, realizing how stupid she sounded. "Have you ever ate crab?" She reapeated.
Blizzardkit gave a nod,” Not yet, but I’m down to try one.” he meowed in excitement.

aleka!
May 26th, 2020, 03:45 PM
Peppermint looked around. Nothing was there. Well, atleast he thought so.

Creeksplash was just wandering the forest. He wasn't really doing anything in particular. He hadn't gone hunting yet. The small tom didn't feel like it. It wasn't like any cat would notice if he went hunting or not, he was always in the background. Just always blending in with the many other RiverClan cats that were infinitely more important than he was.
He inhaled the air and let his jowls slowly gape. The silver cat could smell the other cats, the prey, and the river. Creeksplash kept walking and stopped when he smelt another cat that smelled like nothing else there. He saw a cat there. He didn't recognize him by his face or his smell. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" He hissed with his high voice. He wasn't trying to defend his Clan's territory. He knew that one loner wasn't even a threat. He just wanted some action.

peponceo
May 26th, 2020, 03:53 PM
Blizzardkit gave a nod,” Not yet, but I’m down to try one.” he meowed in excitement.

"Really?" Kitewing's eyes widened. "I'd never try any crab." She paused, and then laughed. "Too crunchy for me!"

Mango
May 26th, 2020, 09:23 PM
"Really?" Kitewing's eyes widened. "I'd never try any crab." She paused, and then laughed. "Too crunchy for me!"
(sorry I did the wrong character name)
Eveninglight nodded,” Yeah, the crunch is strange.” she meowed finding it weird in her mouth.

duckie
May 27th, 2020, 05:57 AM
Sootflare

The deputy followed Lionstar without another word, focusing more on keeping pace and not losing him in the dark, winding tunnels he had yet to really familiarize himself with. He wasn’t sure where they were going or if Lionstar knew that himself but he did know he didn’t want Lionstar down here alone. In the event of a tunnel collapse, Sootflare wasn’t entirely sure the tom - in this manic state - had the right mental faculties present to claw his way out.

“Whatever you say, sir.” He mused, half-wondering where ‘there’ was.

[ BILL. ]

Terrestrial
May 27th, 2020, 07:49 PM
A loud shriek of surprise came from the fluffy molly as Pebblepudge splashed into the river, her eyes glared at him with anger at first but quickly changed to playfulness as she sprinted towards the river and leaped in. The current pulled at her long fluffy fur, now wet and pulling her down some as she began to kick.

Dust

Leopardblaze
May 27th, 2020, 11:22 PM
Leopardblaze padded up to the river's edge, her green gaze glimmering as she scanned the surface of the water. She looked over her should her to make sure her apprentice was following, she was excited to start fishing. "Lotuspaw are you ready to start fishing?" she meowed, a bit of excitement creeping into her voice.

Shadeleaf

Shade.
May 27th, 2020, 11:26 PM
Leopardblaze padded up to the river's edge, her green gaze glimmering as she scanned the surface of the water. She looked over her should her to make sure her apprentice was following, she was excited to start fishing. "Lotuspaw are you ready to start fishing?" she meowed, a bit of excitement creeping into her voice.

Shadeleaf

"Yes! What do I have to do? Do you fish with your paws or your mouth? I have many questions!" said Lotuspaw cheerfully.

Leopardblaze
May 27th, 2020, 11:40 PM
"Yes! What do I have to do? Do you fish with your paws or your mouth? I have many questions!" said Lotuspaw cheerfully.

Leopardblaze purred happily at her apprentice's enthusiasm. "Okay for this first technique we're going to use our paws and stay on the bank of the river." She flicked her tail for her to follow as she moved closer to the edge of the river. "Lower yourself into a position so that your shadow won't fall on the water because that will scare the fish," she meowed, crouching down near the bank of the river. "Now you just wait for a fish to come near and slip your paw into the water, hooking your claws into the fish and pulling it onto the bank." She was silent for a moment, her green eyes narrowing slightly before she flashed her paw into the water, sinking her claws into a smaller trout, quickly dragging into onto the shore and killing the wriggling fish with a bite. "Just like this," she meowed, hoping her apprentice saw everything.

Shade.
May 27th, 2020, 11:47 PM
Leopardblaze purred happily at her apprentice's enthusiasm. "Okay for this first technique we're going to use our paws and stay on the bank of the river." She flicked her tail for her to follow as she moved closer to the edge of the river. "Lower yourself into a position so that your shadow won't fall on the water because that will scare the fish," she meowed, crouching down near the bank of the river. "Now you just wait for a fish to come near and slip your paw into the water, hooking your claws into the fish and pulling it onto the bank." She was silent for a moment, her green eyes narrowing slightly before she flashed her paw into the water, sinking her claws into a smaller trout, quickly dragging into onto the shore and killing the wriggling fish with a bite. "Just like this," she meowed, hoping her apprentice saw everything.

Lotuspaw's pale yellow eyes widened with awe. So cool! She followed her mentor's instructions and crouched. After a moment she saw a plump fish swimming along the bank. She focused and dipped her paw rapidly into the water, pulling out a big fish. It started flopping like crazy and Lotuspaw barely managed to bite it. Her face was dripping with water and her cheek still hurt whrer the wet fish had slapped her with its tail.
"Dwd I dw if wff?" she asked with the fish still in her mouth.

Leopardblaze
May 27th, 2020, 11:56 PM
Lotuspaw's pale yellow eyes widened with awe. So cool! She followed her mentor's instructions and crouched. After a moment she saw a plump fish swimming along the bank. She focused and dipped her paw rapidly into the water, pulling out a big fish. It started flopping like crazy and Lotuspaw barely managed to bite it. Her face was dripping with water and her cheek still hurt whrer the wet fish had slapped her with its tail.
"Dwd I dw if wff?" she asked with the fish still in her mouth.

Leopardblaze fell pride well in her chest as she watched her apprentice catch a fish, flicking Lotuspaw's ear with her tail she purred "That was perfect Lotuspaw! Here put you're fish down besides mine." She leaned a bit closer and asked, "Are you alright? It didn't hurt you did it?" She didn't want her apprentice to be hurt. " Do you want to keep fishing?" she asked after a moment, wanting to make sure she was okay.

Shade.
May 27th, 2020, 11:59 PM
Leopardblaze fell pride well in her chest as she watched her apprentice catch a fish, flicking Lotuspaw's ear with her tail she purred "That was perfect Lotuspaw! Here put you're fish down besides mine." She leaned a bit closer and asked, "Are you alright? It didn't hurt you did it?" She didn't want her apprentice to be hurt. " Do you want to keep fishing?" she asked after a moment, wanting to make sure she was okay.

" Oh, I'm fine. That fish just surprised me. That's all."she said smiling. She crouched by the water again.

Leopardblaze
May 28th, 2020, 12:14 AM
" Oh, I'm fine. That fish just surprised me. That's all."she said smiling. She crouched by the water again.

Leopardblaze breathed a quiet sigh of relief before nodding, "Okay we can keep fishing for a little longer before we need to head back." She moved towards a patch of reeds so not to disturb Lotuspaw's part of the shore, she was going to try something a little different. Crouching down, feeling the mud squish between her toes she kept completely still as she waited for a glimmer in the water. After several long moments she saw of flash of scales, her muscles tensed before she launched herself into the water, paws outstretched. She opened her eyes underwater, clinging to the small fish in her paws before biting it and surfacing slowly with the fish flapping in her jaws. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted something shiny. Climbing back onto the shore she glanced over at Lotuspaw before meowing, "I didn't think I was going to catch it." She quickly dropped the fish beside the others and slide back into the water swimming to the other side of the shore to inspect what she saw. Craning her neck forward one she had reached the shore, the foul scent of twolegs made her way into her nose. "We should head back soon Lotuspaw, once you've caught your fish," she called over to her.

Madelaine
May 28th, 2020, 12:21 AM
Sparkling Bliss
Silvershade grinned brightly at Cottenpaw, "Wonderful!" They rumbled, taking a step back. May Starclan bless you with luck on this fine day. "Whenever you're ready, you can staaarrtttt~!"

Cottonpaw nodded and began to walk towards a good hunting spot. He usually didn't hunt here, but he would make it work. The white apprentice padded to a spot where there seemed to be no cats. The prey would sure show up here. The deaf tom sniffed the air before going still. Cottonpaw focused on feeling the vibrations of any prey on the ground.

Shade.
May 28th, 2020, 12:24 AM
Leopardblaze breathed a quiet sigh of relief before nodding, "Okay we can keep fishing for a little longer before we need to head back." She moved towards a patch of reeds so not to disturb Lotuspaw's part of the shore, she was going to try something a little different. Crouching down, feeling the mud squish between her toes she kept completely still as she waited for a glimmer in the water. After several long moments she saw of flash of scales, her muscles tensed before she launched herself into the water, paws outstretched. She opened her eyes underwater, clinging to the small fish in her paws before biting it and surfacing slowly with the fish flapping in her jaws. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted something shiny. Climbing back onto the shore she glanced over at Lotuspaw before meowing, "I didn't think I was going to catch it." She quickly dropped the fish beside the others and slide back into the water swimming to the other side of the shore to inspect what she saw. Craning her neck forward one she had reached the shore, the foul scent of twolegs made her way into her nose. "We should head back soon Lotuspaw, once you've caught your fish," she called over to her.

"Ok. I'll try to catch one." said Lotuspaw as she stared intensely at the water. A small wave cauhht her attention. There seemed to be a reddish-brown fish. She waited for it to come closer. She tried to leap forward and hook it but instead fell right on top of it and into the pond. As she flailed around she manage to bite the fish and drag it, along with herself, to the shore. Those swimming lessons were useful.
"Hehe.. Got it."she chuckled.

Leopardblaze
May 28th, 2020, 12:33 AM
"Ok. I'll try to catch one." said Lotuspaw as she stared intensely at the water. A small wave cauhht her attention. There seemed to be a reddish-brown fish. She waited for it to come closer. She tried to leap forward and hook it but instead fell right on top of it and into the pond. As she flailed around she manage to bite the fish and drag it, along with herself, to the shore. Those swimming lessons were useful.
"Hehe.. Got it."she chuckled.

Leopardblaze twitched her whiskers in amusement as she saw her apprentice climb back onto the shore. "Good job. I think we should head back to camp. We won't be able to carry much more by ourselves," she meowed. She glanced back at the twoleg rubbish before sliding back into the water and swimming back across the river. As she climbed out her spotted fur was smooth against her body, she shook her fur and her pelt was instantly messy. She rolled her eyes to herself hoping she didn't look like a wet rat. A flicker of movement caught her eye and she realized the last fish she had caught wasn't dead yet. She tried to reach the flopping fish but it managed to make it to the water and disappear under the surface. She sighed heavily before looking over at Lotuspaw and laughing quietly. "Let's gather up what we have here and head back," she meowed with sigh.

Shade.
May 28th, 2020, 12:40 AM
Lotuspaw nodded, trying not to laugh at all the fish accidents that happened during this hunting patrol. She grabbed the two fishes by their tails and headed towards camp.

Leopardblaze

(is it fish or fishes? I'll have to check.)

Leopardblaze
May 28th, 2020, 12:47 AM
Lotuspaw nodded, trying not to laugh at all the fish accidents that happened during this hunting patrol. She grabbed the two fishes by their tails and headed towards camp.

Leopardblaze

(is it fish or fishes? I'll have to check.)

Leopardblaze picked up her fish and walked beside her apprentice as they headed back towards camp.
(I'm sure either or is correct :) )

Dust
May 28th, 2020, 07:56 PM
Pebblepudge let out an excited cry, chortling as he watched Cherry leap in with him! Like he said, it was a great day for a swim! The gray feline didn't seem to have any issues swimming against the current, considering he may as well have been a buoy. Paddling towards Cherrypounce, he called out to her, keeping his mouth above water to avoid any gargling or choking,

"You ok, Cherrypounce? Do you need any help?" The last thing he wanted was for her to be overwhelmed with the water. Pebble knew that despite being RiverClan, not all cats liked (or could handle) being in the water.

Wolfie

Terrestrial
May 28th, 2020, 09:42 PM
The rivers current had been getting a little stronger, continuing to pull on her fur, pulling the fluffy long-furred molly down under the rivers current as her paws thrashed above the water in a desperate attempt to pull herself above. She could hear Pebblepudge's question faintly, her mind screamed 'help' but she knew if she opened her mouth the water would make its way into her lungs and drown her.

For a few heartbeats her head rose above the water as she coughed up the water from her lungs. As she coughed, the current once again pulled her under and she thrashed more.

Dust

{ Sorry it's short and kinda dumb! I felt like I was keeping you waiting! }

RedHead
May 28th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Houndpaw grinned as he ran, pumping his legs and greatly enjoying the adrenaline roiling in his veins. He offered a nod in response to Ternsky and kept going, pulling up beside her so that they both skidded to a halt before the border together. Her description of the border made him laugh and he panted teasingly,

“Big fan of Shadowclan, are you?”

Ternsky turned back to Houndpaw with a small grin at his teasing statement, ears flicking. "Self-proclaimed number one fan actually." She meowed, with a glint of humor in her eyes. She then nodded forward, flicking her tail. "Next we'll visit the Thunderclan border. A river separates the two, but I suppose we can look at the trees from afar."

Splashy
May 29th, 2020, 12:22 AM
+ Loon +
Rainsplash smiled, setting the fish down. "That'll be what I hope to train you into one day" He purred. "Now, let's head back to camp" He picked his fish back up, flicking his tail for Loonpaw to follow him through the swamps and forest.

wolfie
May 29th, 2020, 12:44 AM
Cottonpaw nodded and began to walk towards a good hunting spot. He usually didn't hunt here, but he would make it work. The white apprentice padded to a spot where there seemed to be no cats. The prey would sure show up here. The deaf tom sniffed the air before going still. Cottonpaw focused on feeling the vibrations of any prey on the ground.

Silvershade smiled, watching Cottonpaw disappear into the distance before trailing after the tom. The warrior kept downwind, making sure to stay back. It was so exciting! They had to be rather careful, considering even if Cottonpaw couldn't hear-- that just meant his other senses were heightened.
Silvershade climbed up a tree, watching to see what Cottonpaw would do next.

dionysus
May 29th, 2020, 10:02 AM
Ternsky turned back to Houndpaw with a small grin at his teasing statement, ears flicking. "Self-proclaimed number one fan actually." She meowed, with a glint of humor in her eyes. She then nodded forward, flicking her tail. "Next we'll visit the Thunderclan border. A river separates the two, but I suppose we can look at the trees from afar."

Houndpaw laughed and quipped,

“You’ve been holding out on me! You gotta sign me up for their fan club.”

He didn’t know much of the clan, aside from the fact that their name seemed a bit shady (buh dum tiss), but the vibe seemed off. Ternsky surely didn’t like them, and the only other time he had heard their name was in camp being thrown around with disgust or mockery. The brown tom offered a nod at the mention of the next border and flicked his tail.

“Lead the way!”

aspen.
May 29th, 2020, 04:43 PM
[ -Sunny-01 ]

Creampelt had made it to the tunnels, and Pinenose still hadn't shown up. He felt bad for his clanmate, Pinenose might get punished, and even worse for him for having to go alone. Lionstar's words about the past incedents in the tunnels still echoed in his head, and he slightly shiverred, although not because of the temperature.

Creampelt inhaled slowly and entered the tunnels. "Come on, Creapelt," he scolded himself. "It's just a tunnel. You can do it." Creampelt padded a little further in, and poked his head out one last time to see if Pinenose was coming. He sighed and entered, looking for prey.

teddy.
May 29th, 2020, 05:06 PM
Houndsong shifted through the territory obviously owned by the fish eaters of the forest. A soft sing-songy hum lifted from her sweet voice as she swiftly trotted through the thin forest. Her fiery hickey coloured pelt shone like flickering flames through the parted sunlight that dove through the tree top canopy.
Amber eyes peered around the scenery, a small smile flickering into her lips as she caught the faint smell of her past mate. Houndsong paused, simply enjoying the moment, even if the smell of fish stuck to the roof of her mouth and soured the experience. At least it was cool in the shade that afternoon.

--- softnaps

softnaps
May 29th, 2020, 05:31 PM
Cricketsong hummed quietly to herself as she trotted through Riverclan territory, tail held high. She paused as the faint scent of loner caught her attention. She slowly walked towards the source of the scent, keeping an eye out for the cat. The brown molly's ears perked up as she spotted a bright pelt. "Hey!" She meowed, trying to get the stranger's attention, "What are you doing on Riverclan territory?"

S-oft

teddy.
May 29th, 2020, 05:47 PM
Houndsong Let her gaze fall to that of the feline calling out to her. She couldn't help but smile, at least they hadn't run at her like every other mouse brained feline that seemed to roam their forests. "Lovely day, isn't it?" She said with small chuckle, strolling over to greet the other.

softnaps

softnaps
May 29th, 2020, 07:38 PM
Cricketsong's eyebrow raised at the stranger's response, a bit surprised that she would so boldly trespass. "It is lovely. You're not supposed to be here though." She responded, keeping alert for any sign of an attack. "So I'll ask again, what are you doing on Riverclan territory?"

S-oft

aspen.
May 29th, 2020, 07:50 PM
[ -Sunny-01 ]

Creampelt ventured farther into the tunnels, moving forward slowly. He looked back every few steps, to see if Pinenose would suddenly hop out of the shadows and follow him, and maybe partially to see if anyone unwanted was following him. He was a bit scared that the tunnels would collapse, although his courage grew every step he took.

Creampelt sniffed the air for prey, and thought he had smelled a scent of mouse. He leaned down to track the scent, and followed it deeper into the tunnels, his ears alert for prey.

Madelaine
May 29th, 2020, 08:17 PM
Silvershade smiled, watching Cottonpaw disappear into the distance before trailing after the tom. The warrior kept downwind, making sure to stay back. It was so exciting! They had to be rather careful, considering even if Cottonpaw couldn't hear-- that just meant his other senses were heightened.
Silvershade climbed up a tree, watching to see what Cottonpaw would do next.

Cottonpaw felt another preaense, but didn't really think about it. It most likely his former life Thunderpaw. He always felt his presence even if it wasn't actually there. Cottonpaw closed his eyes and imagined Thunderpaw standing in front of him. It was that moment he knew he had it. A scent filled his nose and his eyes opened. A vole was nearby eating a seed.

The deaf tom got into a perfect hunters crouch. He stalked towards it, feeling the vibrations of it nibbling on a seed. Cottonpaw got close by and pounced. The young tom landed on top of it and it squirmed in his paws. That was when he threw it up in the air as high as he could. It hit the ground, dazed and that was when he struck. He finished it with a quick bite to the neck.

BEAR.
May 30th, 2020, 05:50 AM
Almost there.

Almost there.

"And now," Lionstar raised his voice as the tunnel they were in began to open up. "May I, the fantastic leader of RiverClan, introduce you to the latest addition of our river project..." Dramatically, he flung his paw forward. "An actual cavern! Potential rotting dead bodies excluded, hopefully. Now all we need to do is find where this part goes up and we should be golden for digging a path to the river."

Maybe it didn't entirely make sense but Lionstar didn't care as he crossed through the dark cavern, dipping into the low ground before it rose up toward the sides. "Maybe we can find an opening to the outside?"

[ shortstack ]

teddy.
May 30th, 2020, 06:37 AM
Houndsong always found the reaction of warriors to her sudden appearance amusing. She chuckled softly, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes as she shuffled a bit closer. "Simply sightseeing. I've never seen this part of the forest before... I enjoy it pleasantly," Houndsong chirped to the other, her curly whiskers quivering as her long tail swayed behind her, high in the air. "I'm not here to stick food, simply to find out if this clan has more brain cells than the others!"

--- softnaps

aspen.
May 30th, 2020, 11:22 AM
[ -Sunny-01 ]

Creampelt had given up on waiting for Pinenose, and was now tracking the scent carefully, his ears pricked. He still wished he had a hunting partner, but some prey is better than if he had just given up and skipped patrol. Plus, he would probably be punished by Lionstar.

He eventually was lead to the strong scent of mouse, and uncovered a nest of mice. Creampelt didn't want to scare them all away, but wanted to be able to catch a few. "This would be easier if Pinenose was here," he murmmered, and creeped forward slowly, then lunged, catching a mouse, and swiping his paw to take another.

He caught one more, and figured it was enough, so Creampelt started to venture out of the tunnels and back to camp.

softnaps
May 30th, 2020, 12:06 PM
Cricketsong relaxed a bit as the other cat answered her question, satisfied with her answer. "Well, most cats would've chased you out without even asking, but if you're not taking our prey I don't see any reason to." She gave the stranger a friendly smile, stepping closer. "To guarantee you don't do that I suppose I'll have to keep an eye on you. But I don't mind, I'm always okay with being around a lady as pretty as you."

S-oft

Dawneye
May 30th, 2020, 01:26 PM
Dawnpaw followed her mentor into the territory, excited for the day ahead. “What do you think of me Nighttuft?” She looked up at her mentor, her head tilted curiously
MagicCat99

teddy.
May 30th, 2020, 01:26 PM
Houndsong moved closer, a small twitch of her dark nose as she took in the mollys scent with a small mirk. "Speak for yourself, little lady. I can see Riverclan is hogging all the pretty girls around here," She gave a small wink, strolling past Cricketsong. The tip of her tail brushed under the warriors chin.

--- softnaps

duckie
May 30th, 2020, 01:50 PM
Sootflare

By the time they reached their destination, Sootflare had grown used to the oppressive, stale air of the tunnels but he wasn't keen on spending even more time down here to dig a new tunnel out. The deeper they went, the worse it got. He wouldn't be surprised at al if they did find an old rotting body down here, as Lionstar seemingly joked about. Hopefully not, but... who knew.

Yellow eyes glanced around the dark interior of the cavern as he wandered about the floor, "A golden opportunity, huh? Fitting." Was that supposed to be funny? He wasn't even sure. "We've just gotta look for a light coming through somewhere. Or feel for a breeze."

[ BILL. ]

softnaps
May 30th, 2020, 02:10 PM
Cricketsong softly chuckled at the other she-cat. "I'm Cricketsong, what's your name?" She smiled, walking to keep pace with her. She was enjoying the other cat so far, even though she knew she should chase her out. "If we're gonna be together for a bit we might as well get to know each other."

S-oft

a1axis
May 30th, 2020, 03:53 PM
Ripplewhisker trotted along the territory, taking in the warm sunlight bouncing off of the river. It seems that the days had only been filled with nice weather, and beautiful skies, aside from the occasional drizzle of rain which he didn't mind.

Ripple had wanted to enjoy the sun away from the busy camp, and take in the silence of some of the territory, but it seemed that a another cat was already here... "Owlflight? I hadn't expect you to be out here." He mewed, approaching the grey tom.
Echobreeze18

Dust
May 30th, 2020, 10:39 PM
Well, her lack of an answer was concerning as he swam closer to inspect the situation. Eyes widened as he watched her go under the first time - treading water in dumbfounded surprise as she was under for a few moments... then came back up! Ok, this was bad. This was very bad. The panic set in, adrenaline pumping viciously through his veins as he slid through the water towards Cherrypounce. If she didn't stop thrashing, the chance of them both going under was big... so he'd try to do this as quickly and efficiently as possible. The warrior paddled furiously after the other, riding the current as help, aiming to grab Cherrypounce by the scruff. If it worked, he would attempt to tug her towards the shore at an angle to help cut through the current. If not... well...

"Paddle your paws! HARD!" He'd screech through a mouthful of fluff and water.

Wolfie

MagicCat99
May 31st, 2020, 12:49 AM
Dawnpaw followed her mentor into the territory, excited for the day ahead. “What do you think of me Nighttuft?” She looked up at her mentor, her head tilted curiously
MagicCat99
Nighttuft blinked, not expecting a question like that. "You're a good apprentice, though you still have a lot to learn." She smiled at her

Dawneye
May 31st, 2020, 01:36 PM
“I know I have a lot to learn, and I’m excited to learn. But I figured you’d be one of the adults that saw me as a nuisance or something.. especially after what happened at my ceremony...” she looked down at her paws. She didn’t feel bad for her actions, just the attention that was drawn to her
MagicCat99

RedHead
June 1st, 2020, 12:27 AM
Houndpaw laughed and quipped,

“You’ve been holding out on me! You gotta sign me up for their fan club.”

He didn’t know much of the clan, aside from the fact that their name seemed a bit shady (buh dum tiss), but the vibe seemed off. Ternsky surely didn’t like them, and the only other time he had heard their name was in camp being thrown around with disgust or mockery. The brown tom offered a nod at the mention of the next border and flicked his tail.

“Lead the way!”

Ternsky laughed and nodded, giving the tom a nudge with her shoulder. "Make sure to remind me to do so when we get back to camp. I'm sure you'd be a wonderful addition to the fan club." She joked, before pricking up the pace more.

It was a quick run over to the Thunderclan border, it wasn't that far away, and this part of the territory always confused her as well... The borders didn't seem to make much sense. They like... overlapped and it was just... confusing. It hurt her head. That was why she hated doing patrols over here. "So this is the Thunderclan border, nothing much... just a river and some rocks." Ternsky nodded towards the aforementioned border. "Thunderclan itself isn't bad, they stick to themselves mostly, hiding in the trees."

MagicCat99
June 1st, 2020, 12:40 AM
“I know I have a lot to learn, and I’m excited to learn. But I figured you’d be one of the adults that saw me as a nuisance or something.. especially after what happened at my ceremony...” she looked down at her paws. She didn’t feel bad for her actions, just the attention that was drawn to her
MagicCat99
Nighttuft tilted her head. "I'm definitely not." She honestly replied. She smiled at her.

wolfie
June 1st, 2020, 01:25 AM
Cottonpaw felt another preaense, but didn't really think about it. It most likely his former life Thunderpaw. He always felt his presence even if it wasn't actually there. Cottonpaw closed his eyes and imagined Thunderpaw standing in front of him. It was that moment he knew he had it. A scent filled his nose and his eyes opened. A vole was nearby eating a seed.

The deaf tom got into a perfect hunters crouch. He stalked towards it, feeling the vibrations of it nibbling on a seed. Cottonpaw got close by and pounced. The young tom landed on top of it and it squirmed in his paws. That was when he threw it up in the air as high as he could. It hit the ground, dazed and that was when he struck. He finished it with a quick bite to the neck.

[ psst, unless you have any specific events plan on happening do you want to timeskip to when cottonpaw is finished with hunting? <3 ]

Silvershade carefully watched Cottonpaw from the trees. Wow. They felt like a stalker. Though, it was interesting to see how the almost warrior worked. Honestly, they had high hopes for Cottonpaw. It just warmed their heart.

They had to hold back the urge to shout out a line of encouragement because heck! Cottonpaw did it! Caught his first catch of the day! All by his self, hell yeah!! Silvershade would only let out a pleased purr and slip down the tree, assuming Cottonpaw was about to get on the move again.

Madelaine
June 1st, 2020, 01:29 AM
[ psst, unless you have any specific events plan on happening do you want to timeskip to when cottonpaw is finished with hunting? <3 ]

Silvershade carefully watched Cottonpaw from the trees. Wow. They felt like a stalker. Though, it was interesting to see how the almost warrior worked. Honestly, they had high hopes for Cottonpaw. It just warmed their heart.

They had to hold back the urge to shout out a line of encouragement because heck! Cottonpaw did it! Caught his first catch of the day! All by his self, hell yeah!! Silvershade would only let out a pleased purr and slip down the tree, assuming Cottonpaw was about to get on the move again.

(that's fine with me)

Cottonpaw was proud of himself for catching his first prey of the day, especially for the first time in the forest part of the territory. This just proved he could hunt anywhere even with not being able to hear. After a while of being proud of himself he closed his eyes and imagined Thunderpaw again. He could see the excited look on his face or Cottonpaw's face. It was all the same. Cottonpaw opened his eyes quickly and went on his way to find some more prey to catch.

wolfie
June 1st, 2020, 01:47 AM
(that's fine with me)

Cottonpaw was proud of himself for catching his first prey of the day, especially for the first time in the forest part of the territory. This just proved he could hunt anywhere even with not being able to hear. After a while of being proud of himself he closed his eyes and imagined Thunderpaw again. He could see the excited look on his face or Cottonpaw's face. It was all the same. Cottonpaw opened his eyes quickly and went on his way to find some more prey to catch.

Silvershade furrowed their brow, tilting their head. What was that funky lil kid doing? They giggled softly and would continue to follow after Cottonpaw, keeping a good distance.
________

The sun rested on top of them and Silvershade had returned to the spot they originally separated. After Cottonpaw got a decent number of prey, the warrior decided it was enough proof for them.

Silvershade giggled, pawing at the rather long strand of grass that stood out against the others. Just simply waiting for Cottonpaw to return.

Madelaine
June 1st, 2020, 01:49 AM
Silvershade furrowed their brow, tilting their head. What was that funky lil kid doing? They giggled softly and would continue to follow after Cottonpaw, keeping a good distance.
________

The sun rested on top of them and Silvershade had returned to the spot they originally separated. After Cottonpaw got a decent number of prey, the warrior decided it was enough proof for them.

Silvershade giggled, pawing at the rather long strand of grass that stood out against the others. Just simply waiting for Cottonpaw to return.

Cottonpaw grabbed his prey and padded back towards Silvershade. He was actually quite proud of himself and he hoped the spirit of Thunderpaw was proud of him too. he most likely was, knowing he would be a warrior at last just as a different cat. "I'm back.", he meowed after setting down his prey.

wolfie
June 1st, 2020, 04:32 AM
Cottonpaw grabbed his prey and padded back towards Silvershade. He was actually quite proud of himself and he hoped the spirit of Thunderpaw was proud of him too. he most likely was, knowing he would be a warrior at last just as a different cat. "I'm back.", he meowed after setting down his prey.

Silvershade lift their head, eyes widening in more of surprise that Cottonpaw was back then his prey. Ever so slowly, their lips twitched and they just beamed at Cottonpaw. "Welcome back!" They purred, hopping back to their paws. They glanced towards the prey. "You did just wonderful, just purrfection! " Silvershade's eyes gleamed as if they were hiding something. Ehehe. Cottonpaw didn't have a clue! Starclan, Silvershade was so good at stealth.

Silvershade's fluffy tail flickered, "You can bury your prey here if ya want! So you don't have to like, yknowww. Carry it around while we move onto the battle portion. Speaking of whiicchhhh--" They cleared their throat, "We can either do it here or at the training island? Whatcha think?" Silvershade asked, tilting their head to the right. The training island's terrain was more smoother but .. it was .. a long.. walk.

Loon
June 1st, 2020, 07:07 AM
Rainsplash smiled, setting the fish down. "That'll be what I hope to train you into one day" He purred. "Now, let's head back to camp" He picked his fish back up, flicking his tail for Loonpaw to follow him through the swamps and forest.

Loonpaw nodded eagerly and snatched her prey up, wiggling excitedly. She could not WAIT to walk into camp and show off her new catch... maybe she'd bring it into the nursery or the elder's den or even to the medicine cat... Whoever that was right now.
"Thanks for showing me this, Rainsplash!" She purred through her fish as she followed him then paused thoughtfully, staring at the river before scrambling to catch up and walked side-by-side with her mentor, watching him inquisitively.

"What was the biggest fish you've ever caught?"

[ Splashy ]

dionysus
June 1st, 2020, 10:11 AM
Ternsky laughed and nodded, giving the tom a nudge with her shoulder. "Make sure to remind me to do so when we get back to camp. I'm sure you'd be a wonderful addition to the fan club." She joked, before pricking up the pace more.

It was a quick run over to the Thunderclan border, it wasn't that far away, and this part of the territory always confused her as well... The borders didn't seem to make much sense. They like... overlapped and it was just... confusing. It hurt her head. That was why she hated doing patrols over here. "So this is the Thunderclan border, nothing much... just a river and some rocks." Ternsky nodded towards the aforementioned border. "Thunderclan itself isn't bad, they stick to themselves mostly, hiding in the trees."

Houndpaw grinned as they continued heading toward the border and meowed as though he’d been impatiently awaiting her offer,

“Finally, thank you!”

As they ran for the border, Houndpaw let his mind wander. He enjoyed the sights of the territory and the brisk breeze that flew in over the water and the tom felt content in his choice of clan- not that he’d known of the others when he stumbled upon Riverclan. At the border, he listened to Ternsky and nodded, quipping,

“Land of the squirrel-cats, got it!”

Luckily, Houndpaw had always been more partial to water than tree himself, so he guessed that their star cats must have been leading him. Well, not really. He still didn’t really believe in Star cats... though he caught himself sometimes wondering if they would have let Magnolia and Redwood into their ranks.

Splashy
June 1st, 2020, 11:36 AM
+ Loon +
"Your welcome, Loonpaw." When Loonpaw paused to look at the river, he stopped for a second, letting her catch up, then began moving again. "Hmm.. Biggest fish I've caught? Well, I've caught a lot of fish.. But I believe the largest fish I've caught was something called a Channel Catfish, I believe. It was HUGE! It was so big that I had to get one of my fellow fishing partners to help me pull it back on shore!" Rainsplash meowed through his prey. While he walked, he had to leap over a large branch that had fallen from a tree nearby. It was covered with moss and probably had some frogs hiding inside, but Rainsplash didn't exactly hunt those types of creatures.

Loon
June 1st, 2020, 04:08 PM
"Your welcome, Loonpaw." When Loonpaw paused to look at the river, he stopped for a second, letting her catch up, then began moving again. "Hmm.. Biggest fish I've caught? Well, I've caught a lot of fish.. But I believe the largest fish I've caught was something called a Channel Catfish, I believe. It was HUGE! It was so big that I had to get one of my fellow fishing partners to help me pull it back on shore!" Rainsplash meowed through his prey. While he walked, he had to leap over a large branch that had fallen from a tree nearby. It was covered with moss and probably had some frogs hiding inside, but Rainsplash didn't exactly hunt those types of creatures.

Loonpaw chuckled at the thought of her mentor struggling with such a large fish as she leapt onto the branch and down, unable to clear it yet. Maybe one day, when her legs were just a little longer. For now, she watched a frog leap away and felt an excited twitch in her tail, her instincts telling her to chase but the fat fish in her mouth was, while not huge, still too big for her to carry more then one. She pulled herself away and followed Rainsplash, her mind wandering.

"What do they do for prey in other clans? Do they all fish too?" She asked, a bit embarassed. Loonpaw supposed clanborn cats probably knew this stuff having grown up in the culture, but she was quite inexperienced still to the ways and traditions of the other clans.

[ Splashy ]

teddy.
June 1st, 2020, 04:18 PM
Cricketsong softly chuckled at the other she-cat. "I'm Cricketsong, what's your name?" She smiled, walking to keep pace with her. She was enjoying the other cat so far, even though she knew she should chase her out. "If we're gonna be together for a bit we might as well get to know each other."

S-oft

Houndsong offered a playful giggle as they strolled along. She jumped ahead a few times, trotting along to catch a leaf or sniff a flower. "Houndsong," She cooed sweetly up at the Molly, "What a pretty name you've got, if I do say so! Your voice is certainly delightful," She suggested, bumping her head into the others. "I wouldn't mind sharing tongues, If you're that daring, Miss Cricketsong."

softnaps
June 1st, 2020, 09:46 PM
Cricketsong hesitated a moment at Houndsong's proposition. On one paw, this certainly was a pretty cat, and she'd love to sit and share tongues, but on the other, if she got caught, who knows what Lionstar might do. Well, I'm this far in, might as well. "I'd love to share tongues with a lady as lovely as you." She purred, returning Houndsong's head bump.

Scum

Splashy
June 1st, 2020, 11:00 PM
+ Loon +
Rainsplash shook his head. "River-clan is the only clan that fishes or even swims period. The other clans resent water and usually hate water. Thunder-clan stays in a large under-growth filled forest. They hunt rodents, birds, and occasionally a rare rabbit or two. Wind-clan lives on a large moor with few trees and small bouts of Heather. They hate water the most, as they live on the dryest and most open of the clans. They usually hunt rabbits, but they occasionally get some birds and rodents at occasional times. Shadow-clan is the most disgusting in my opinion, as they eat a wide range of prey that no other clan would even lay a paw on. Anyways, they live in a large pine forest with light under-growth. They hunt the usual rodents and birds, but they also go after the spongy frogs and weird reptilians that lay on rocks. I even hear that they'll even eat Crow-food if it comes down to it!" The tom shivered at the thought of eating Crow-food of all things. He would never even put a single paw on the crow-food if he had something to say about it.

teddy.
June 2nd, 2020, 07:37 AM
Cricketsong hesitated a moment at Houndsong's proposition. On one paw, this certainly was a pretty cat, and she'd love to sit and share tongues, but on the other, if she got caught, who knows what Lionstar might do. Well, I'm this far in, might as well. "I'd love to share tongues with a lady as lovely as you." She purred, returning Houndsong's head bump.

Scum

Houndsong grinned widely, a slight bashful feeling emotion engulfing her but gosh was Cricketsong a real kick in the backside! A spark, a fire to her that Houndsong found herself obsessing over. "Well aren't you a mischievous little Molly?" Houndsong gently touched their noses together, but only briefly before daring to lick the chin of Cricketsong.

Loon
June 2nd, 2020, 08:40 AM
Rainsplash shook his head. "River-clan is the only clan that fishes or even swims period. The other clans resent water and usually hate water. Thunder-clan stays in a large under-growth filled forest. They hunt rodents, birds, and occasionally a rare rabbit or two. Wind-clan lives on a large moor with few trees and small bouts of Heather. They hate water the most, as they live on the dryest and most open of the clans. They usually hunt rabbits, but they occasionally get some birds and rodents at occasional times. Shadow-clan is the most disgusting in my opinion, as they eat a wide range of prey that no other clan would even lay a paw on. Anyways, they live in a large pine forest with light under-growth. They hunt the usual rodents and birds, but they also go after the spongy frogs and weird reptilians that lay on rocks. I even hear that they'll even eat Crow-food if it comes down to it!" The tom shivered at the thought of eating Crow-food of all things. He would never even put a single paw on the crow-food if he had something to say about it.

Loonpaw shivered in disgust as she listened to Rainsplash describe Shadowclan's eating habits. She was glad she had joined Riverclan- she couldn't imagine eating crow-food!
"That's disgusting... no wonder they're always hunting on other clans territories." She meowed thoughtfully. "Though, I suppose if I were Windclan or Thunderclan I'd think Riverclan was weird for eating fish and swimming. Think Lionstar will let us go to the next gathering? I haven't run into many cats from the other clans, only smelled them along the border... do they look different from us?"

[ Splashy ]

RedHead
June 2nd, 2020, 10:17 AM
Houndpaw grinned as they continued heading toward the border and meowed as though he’d been impatiently awaiting her offer,

“Finally, thank you!”

As they ran for the border, Houndpaw let his mind wander. He enjoyed the sights of the territory and the brisk breeze that flew in over the water and the tom felt content in his choice of clan- not that he’d known of the others when he stumbled upon Riverclan. At the border, he listened to Ternsky and nodded, quipping,

“Land of the squirrel-cats, got it!”

Luckily, Houndpaw had always been more partial to water than tree himself, so he guessed that their star cats must have been leading him. Well, not really. He still didn’t really believe in Star cats... though he caught himself sometimes wondering if they would have let Magnolia and Redwood into their ranks.

"Squirrel-cats, yeah. That's a good way to put it. I don't get how they don't just.. fall out of the trees at some point. I even think some of them sleep in trees, which is kinda scary. They probably get a lot of apprentice's breaking their legs." Ternsky continued to stare over the border for a moment longer, before shaking out her pelt and padding past Houndpaw. "Last is the Windclan border. Nothing too special, again, the river cuts through the middle so we will just be gazing out onto.... a blank space of nothing but grass and heather." Ternsky laughed, before setting off at a brisk pace.
The Windclan border wasn't too far away, and soon they reached the part of the river where they could look across and see the rolling hills. "Word of advice, never challenge these cats to a race, they're about as fast and agile as rabbits. About as skittish as them too."

dionysus
June 2nd, 2020, 10:24 AM
"Squirrel-cats, yeah. That's a good way to put it. I don't get how they don't just.. fall out of the trees at some point. I even think some of them sleep in trees, which is kinda scary. They probably get a lot of apprentice's breaking their legs." Ternsky continued to stare over the border for a moment longer, before shaking out her pelt and padding past Houndpaw. "Last is the Windclan border. Nothing too special, again, the river cuts through the middle so we will just be gazing out onto.... a blank space of nothing but grass and heather." Ternsky laughed, before setting off at a brisk pace.
The Windclan border wasn't too far away, and soon they reached the part of the river where they could look across and see the rolling hills. "Word of advice, never challenge these cats to a race, they're about as fast and agile as rabbits. About as skittish as them too."

Houndpaw shuddered a bit at the thought of sleeping in trees. He’d done it before and he hadn’t liked it at all. Besides, now the thought of spending any time in a tree was tinged with the fear of getting chomped by a dog. He’d had to stay in that tree for what felt like days before the mangy mutt had moved on. Pulling himself from his memory, Houndpaw pointed out,

“That’s a good point but I bet they think we have a rash of apprentices drowning every year.”

Saying ‘we’ still felt a bit odd, but Houndpaw liked it. He hadn’t been a part of a ‘we’ in a long time. At the Windclan border, he chuckled at Ternsky’s description of them.

“So there’s the squirrel-cats, the rabbit-cats, the... spooky-cats? Guess that makes us the fish-cats. I just cracked this whole system wide open!”

Mango
June 2nd, 2020, 01:07 PM
.Bread.
Salmonsong knew her kits were due soon, and she had to finish up the training in time. She had to finish it up, but first she needed to do an assessment. She smiled to Duckpaw,” Today we’ll be doing an assessment. Just want to see what you can do, we’ll swim, fish, and do a little battle training, don’t stress about it. Just do your best.” she meowed

RedHead
June 2nd, 2020, 01:35 PM
Houndpaw shuddered a bit at the thought of sleeping in trees. He’d done it before and he hadn’t liked it at all. Besides, now the thought of spending any time in a tree was tinged with the fear of getting chomped by a dog. He’d had to stay in that tree for what felt like days before the mangy mutt had moved on. Pulling himself from his memory, Houndpaw pointed out,

“That’s a good point but I bet they think we have a rash of apprentices drowning every year.”

Saying ‘we’ still felt a bit odd, but Houndpaw liked it. He hadn’t been a part of a ‘we’ in a long time. At the Windclan border, he chuckled at Ternsky’s description of them.

“So there’s the squirrel-cats, the rabbit-cats, the... spooky-cats? Guess that makes us the fish-cats. I just cracked this whole system wide open!”

Ternsky nodded with a shrug, letting out a laugh. "I mean, true. If our apprentices weren't so fish-brained though they might drown less. But that's just a thought." She meowed, before turning to pad towards Lionsrange.
She listened to Houndpaw describe all of the different types of cats in his own words, letting out another laugh. "Wowo you really have. Maybe you should be the leader, with that great wisdom and wit of yours." She meowed lightheartedy. "Lionsrange is just over this bend, we'll look at it from afar though, no way in Starclan am I going anywhere near that place. Too many horror stories have come from it." Ternsky felt a chill run down her back as the cliffs came into view, large and looming, even from their far away vantage point.

dionysus
June 2nd, 2020, 01:54 PM
Ternsky nodded with a shrug, letting out a laugh. "I mean, true. If our apprentices weren't so fish-brained though they might drown less. But that's just a thought." She meowed, before turning to pad towards Lionsrange.
She listened to Houndpaw describe all of the different types of cats in his own words, letting out another laugh. "Wowo you really have. Maybe you should be the leader, with that great wisdom and wit of yours." She meowed lightheartedy. "Lionsrange is just over this bend, we'll look at it from afar though, no way in Starclan am I going anywhere near that place. Too many horror stories have come from it." Ternsky felt a chill run down her back as the cliffs came into view, large and looming, even from their far away vantage point.

Houndpaw chuckled to himself. It seemed an odd way to think of the apprentices of one’s clan but he didn’t know enough to dispute it. He laughed harder at her other comment, though and answered humbly,

“You may be right, but I’ll let Lionstar keep his job for now.”

A sly grin played on his face and he snickered to himself. There was no way he’d ever want to be the leader of a clan. Lions range meant nothing to him but he understood the warrior’s hesitance. A mountain was no place for a fish-cat. Houndpaw preferred water, but he could survive and had survived anywhere.

Mango
June 2nd, 2020, 01:56 PM
Slushie Fuzzy
Eveninglight gave a nod glad to come along, she was happy to help Otterstone out. After all those herbs might help her if she was injured. She kept her eyes peeled looking for the flower that had poppyseeds on them. Those would help with... was it sleep or pain or both... she couldn’t remember exactly which it was for but both those uses would be handy.

Puddle~
June 2nd, 2020, 02:11 PM
Elementals

Tiptoeing across the clearing, Berrypaw made sure she was careful, staying along the edge and utilizing the shadows made by the dens to conceal herself from the moonlight. Hopefully, Silentpaw was right behind her, taking the same precautions so they wouldn't get caught.

As she arrived at the dirtplace, the apprentice sighed in relief, stepping out of the camp into the more cool and open air of the nighttime territory. From there, the molly quickly scooted over to a small bush, ducking behind it to wait for her friend. If all went well, they could execute their plan without getting the attention of the camp guards or any other cat.

Fuzzy
June 2nd, 2020, 04:15 PM
Slushie Zesty Mango

Petuniapaw gave Goosefury a toothy smile before bouncing after Eveinglight to go into the territory. They were looking for flowers! Who knew herbs were flowers? Did that mean medicine cats got to pick flowers for a living? Honestly if it was Petuniapaw would want to help out a lot more in that department. Berries and flowers! They should be easy to find! She thought to herself amber eyes scanning the green land. "This is going to be fun!" She chirped to the two older cats. They weren't that much older then her but a ways. "Yellow flower!" Petuniapaw suddenly blurted out before picking a leafy yellow flower. "My mama called these dandelions." The young cat added with her mouth full of flowers already. Well, a few dandelions but they had thick stims.

softnaps
June 2nd, 2020, 04:23 PM
Cricketsong smirked, "I'm just being honest!" She replied, flicking her tail along Houndsong's back. The brown molly turned to lick the nape of the other cat's neck. She settled down, preparing to sit and chat for a while. "Well miss Houndsong, I'm guessing based on your name that you were a clan cat at some point, correct?" She asked.

Scum

Terrestrial
June 2nd, 2020, 04:47 PM
Cherrypounce was glad when Pebblepudge came to the rescue. As she was told, she began to paddle with Pebblepudge.

Dust

I'm sorry it's short but my internet currently hates me!

dino.
June 2nd, 2020, 05:47 PM
[ Zesty Mango Fuzzy ]

Goosefury brought his head close to the ground, hoping it would help him see what he was looking for a little better. His ears shot up in surprise when Petuniapaw's voice broke the silence a bit later, and he glanced over his shoulder. She looked kind of funny with flowers sticking out of either side of her jaws and he let out a small chuckle. "That's awesome. Put them by... that tree over there so we can come back and get them once we're done." He flicked his tail at a young, thin oak tree.
He turned back to stare dutifully at the undergrowth, and a flash of bright color caught his eye. He swept dead leaves aside, hopefully excited for a split moment, but stepped frowned in disappointment when he realized it was no poppy flower - it was just a clump of bright purple flowers, and he wrinkled his nose at the strong smell. Carefully he leaned down and pulled three of them off of the long stem before depositing them at the base of the oak tree. "Does anyone know what these are?"

Mango
June 2nd, 2020, 06:17 PM
Slushie Fuzzy
Eveninglight shook her head,” Not sure what they are, but usually things with such a pugnant scent are herbs.“ she meowed as she spotted one of the flowers that had poppy seeds on them.

BEAR.
June 2nd, 2020, 06:20 PM
"Of course we can battle train tomorrow!" Firehawk waved his tail, beaming at the smaller feline. He was ready to jump right into hunting-- seeing what her crouch looked like, checking scents-- when her question caught him off guard. "Ah, I'm afraid not actually!"

[ kittygirl ]

Fuzzy
June 2nd, 2020, 07:01 PM
Slushie Zesty Mango

Petuniapaw nodded eagerly before placing the dandelions on the tree so they could come back and find them. She bounced over to Eveninglight and Goosefury at the mention of more flowers. Her nose twitching at the sight of them. "Umm violets?" She suggested. Honestly she wasn't sure what they were. "Violets are purple but petunias can be purple to." Petuniapaw added with a slight laugh thinking about how her name was another flower they probably wouldn't find. She had only heard of petunia flowers but hey it was funny to think of.

Bread
June 2nd, 2020, 07:02 PM
.Bread.
Salmonsong knew her kits were due soon, and she had to finish up the training in time. She had to finish it up, but first she needed to do an assessment. She smiled to Duckpaw,” Today we’ll be doing an assessment. Just want to see what you can do, we’ll swim, fish, and do a little battle training, don’t stress about it. Just do your best.” she meowed

An assesment? Duckpaw thought. She had never really done anything like it, so she didn't know how she would do. The young apprentice didn't want to stress about it though, like her mentor said. She was hoping that she would do fine.

Mango
June 2nd, 2020, 07:23 PM
An assesment? Duckpaw thought. She had never really done anything like it, so she didn't know how she would do. The young apprentice didn't want to stress about it though, like her mentor said. She was hoping that she would do fine.
Salmonsong smiled,” What would you like to start with first battling, swimming, or fishing?” she asked gently wanting to be easy for Duckpaw.

Bread
June 2nd, 2020, 07:26 PM
Salmonsong smiled,” What would you like to start with first battling, swimming, or fishing?” she asked gently wanting to be easy for Duckpaw.

"Hmm, can we start with swimming." Duckpaw thought that swimming would probably be the easiest, because it was the first training she had. On her spare time, the young apprentice would practice all the things she learned by herself so she could get better.

Madelaine
June 2nd, 2020, 10:34 PM
Silvershade lift their head, eyes widening in more of surprise that Cottonpaw was back then his prey. Ever so slowly, their lips twitched and they just beamed at Cottonpaw. "Welcome back!" They purred, hopping back to their paws. They glanced towards the prey. "You did just wonderful, just purrfection! " Silvershade's eyes gleamed as if they were hiding something. Ehehe. Cottonpaw didn't have a clue! Starclan, Silvershade was so good at stealth.

Silvershade's fluffy tail flickered, "You can bury your prey here if ya want! So you don't have to like, yknowww. Carry it around while we move onto the battle portion. Speaking of whiicchhhh--" They cleared their throat, "We can either do it here or at the training island? Whatcha think?" Silvershade asked, tilting their head to the right. The training island's terrain was more smoother but .. it was .. a long.. walk.

Cottonpaw nodded and began to make a hole for his prey. Once it was deep enough he placed his kills inside before pushing the dirt back over it. It seemed as if he passed the first part of his assessment. Let's just hope he could pass the last part. He wasn't as confident over the fighting portion. Cottonpaw seemed a better hunter than a fighter.

"Whatever you see fit.", The white tom responded. Anywhere was fine with him. Cottonpaw just wanted to get it done and over with.

Splashy
June 2nd, 2020, 11:28 PM
+ Loon +
Rainsplash nodded in agreement about how disgusting Shadowclan's hunting habits were. He continued walking, listening to Loonpaw. "I'm not sure, but he may. I haven't been to many Gatherings, but honestly, they are pretty cool. I don't exactly like the feeling of so many outside clan cats surrounding you on every which way." He shivered of the picture he had of a large mass of cats, some being Riverclan but the majority being from outside of Riverclan.

wolfie
June 3rd, 2020, 01:28 AM
Cottonpaw nodded and began to make a hole for his prey. Once it was deep enough he placed his kills inside before pushing the dirt back over it. It seemed as if he passed the first part of his assessment. Let's just hope he could pass the last part. He wasn't as confident over the fighting portion. Cottonpaw seemed a better hunter than a fighter.

"Whatever you see fit.", The white tom responded. Anywhere was fine with him. Cottonpaw just wanted to get it done and over with.

Silvershade blinked, paused, rethought their life choices and.. "We stay here then!" They meowed, grinning. I mean, heyyy. Realistically, you wouldn't be fighting in the ideal terrain.

The warrior would take a couple steps back, heaving a shaky sigh. Fighting. Yeah. They. They could do this. I mean, of course they could do this. Oh wow. Yeah. Yep. Gonna do this. Silvershade stared at Cottonpaw for a moment. "Fi--first off, we'll just be doi.. doing a mock battle with sheathed claws. Of course!" They smiled softly.

They wouldn't go extreme. Not like him. Never like him.

Silvershade suddenly darted forward, raising up on their hindlegs slightly and aimed for Cottonpaw's shoulders with their soft big paws. A very predictable move.

Dawneye
June 3rd, 2020, 08:48 AM
Dawnpaw looked at her mentor, smiling. she wasn’t a nuisance to her mentor! She hadn’t been so happy about just a simple sentence since she has last heard her mother’s voice. “I... I thought you’d think I was a disrespectful brat.. that’s what I figured every warrior would think after that meeting...” she looked down, her eyes a bit clouded

MagicCat99

dino.
June 3rd, 2020, 09:04 AM
[ Zesty Mango Fuzzy ]

Goosefury glanced over at Eveninglight. "Yeah, probably- oh, awesome!" He cut himself off as he noticed the poppy flower. "That's perfect, Eveninglight, thank you. Drop it by that tree over there."
He turned to Petuniapaw to look at the flowers again. "Hmm. I'm going to leave them there just in case they end up being useful. Y'never know with plants." He glanced quickly over the grass and, not seeing anything that could be of potential use, he said, "Let's move on. Keep an eye out for berries this time - but he careful you don't touch any death berries," he warned. "If you do, find the nearest source of water and go wash, okay? Let's get going." He set off again, giving every bush or clump of leaves a careful look.

Mango
June 3rd, 2020, 12:50 PM
"Hmm, can we start with swimming." Duckpaw thought that swimming would probably be the easiest, because it was the first training she had. On her spare time, the young apprentice would practice all the things she learned by herself so she could get better.
Salmonsong nodded,” Alright then” she meowed as she walked to the pond and waded in,” If you want we can talk while we swim.“ she meowed

Mango
June 3rd, 2020, 01:12 PM
Slushie Fuzzy
Eveninglight gave a nod,” Yeah, good job Petuniapaw, I don’t really know many herbs. I probably should since my first mentor was trained by a medicine cat.” she meowed deciding not to bring up Shinefang, the Skyclan medicine cat. Frankly they might not remember him all that well, but her favorite mentor Grizzlybug never taught her herbs either.

Bread
June 3rd, 2020, 01:46 PM
Salmonsong nodded,” Alright then” she meowed as she walked to the pond and waded in,” If you want we can talk while we swim.“ she meowed

Duckpaw followed her mentor to the pond and plopped in. "Ooh okay," the young apprentice said as she smiled.

{Should we move to the pond?}

Loon
June 3rd, 2020, 03:57 PM
Rainsplash nodded in agreement about how disgusting Shadowclan's hunting habits were. He continued walking, listening to Loonpaw. "I'm not sure, but he may. I haven't been to many Gatherings, but honestly, they are pretty cool. I don't exactly like the feeling of so many outside clan cats surrounding you on every which way." He shivered of the picture he had of a large mass of cats, some being Riverclan but the majority being from outside of Riverclan.

"Ah... I didn't think of it like that..." She meowed thoughtfully. Now that she really thought about it, actually, the most cats she had ever been around was... well, Riverclan-sized. What if the other clans were just as big as Riverclan- or worse! Bigger!
"I have to admit, I still don't know everyone's name in Riverclan. I don't know if I'll be able to remember the names of everyone in the other clans too!" She meowed, scrapping her claws in the dirt in worry.

[ Splashy ]

Splashy
June 3rd, 2020, 06:47 PM
+ Loon +
Rainsplash chuckled. "It's hard to remember them all, with how big Riverclan is. Even I forget sometimes! About knowing the other clan's names, don't worry about remembering their names. You only need to worry about knowing the Leader's name, the Deputy's name, and the Medicine cat's name for other clans." He seemed to not take not knowing the all of their clanmate's names very seriously, as he was correct, Riverclan was HUGE, and he knew the other clan's were Huge as well.

kittygirl
June 3rd, 2020, 09:59 PM
softpaw giggled and got into an attack crouch, "i'm gonna be the youngest warrior in riverclan as soon as im done with hunting and battle training!" she snickered, her little nub twitching.

BILL.

MagicCat99
June 4th, 2020, 05:00 AM
Dawnpaw looked at her mentor, smiling. she wasn’t a nuisance to her mentor! She hadn’t been so happy about just a simple sentence since she has last heard her mother’s voice. “I... I thought you’d think I was a disrespectful brat.. that’s what I figured every warrior would think after that meeting...” she looked down, her eyes a bit clouded

MagicCat99
Nighttuft smiled. She wasn't really sure what to say, so she meowed: "Anyway, let's start the training." The she went into a hunting crouch. "Try this. This is the hunting crouch."

Dawneye
June 4th, 2020, 07:49 AM
Dawnpaw was a bit surprised but she tried to mimic her mentor’s stance, her paws a bit too close together and keeping her off balance. She awkwardly tried shifting her position, but spreads her legs too far apart and just looks ridiculous.
MagicCat99

MagicCat99
June 4th, 2020, 08:27 AM
Dawnpaw was a bit surprised but she tried to mimic her mentor’s stance, her paws a bit too close together and keeping her off balance. She awkwardly tried shifting her position, but spreads her legs too far apart and just looks ridiculous.
MagicCat99
Nighttuft smiled. "It's okay. Try again." She meowed, showing how her paws would stay about as much apart from each other as like when she was standing.

Dawneye
June 4th, 2020, 09:29 AM
Dawnpaw got down low and tried again, hoping she got her stance right. He tail swished around in the air behind her from the excitement as she glanced up at her mentor to see if she was doing it correctly.
MagicCat99

RedHead
June 4th, 2020, 11:40 AM
"For now?" Ternsky meowed with a sly smile. "Good enough for me then." She laughed afterwards. After staring out at Lionsrange for a couple more moments, Ternsky turned to head back to camp. "Well... that's basically the territory. You'll get to learn all the fastest ways trough it as well as some other smaller places, but those are the main big things you need to know." Ternsky flicked her ear in thought, before speaking again. "I won't show you the training island today, as we'll be spending a lot of time there anyways for battle practice and such, so you'll learn its whereabouts from that." Smiling bright at her apprentice, Ternsky tilted her head. "Any finalizing questions?"

Beau

dionysus
June 4th, 2020, 11:46 AM
[ RedHead ]

Houndpaw walked beside Ternsky with his eyes turned to the sky thoughtfully. At her question, he shook his head and chirped,

“Nope, I’m good!”

The brown tom felt pretty secure in his knowledge of the territory and he looked forward to heading home for a nap. He also looked forward to going through the rest of his training. Surely clan warriors could offer some improvement tactics for his fighting skills. He was already a good fighter, but there was always room for improvement.

Fuzzy
June 4th, 2020, 01:11 PM
Slushie Zesty Mango

Petuniapaw gave Goosefury a bright smile before turning to Eveninglight as she realized she found poppies. Oh this was awesome! Everyone was finding flowers. Well she didn't know if they were herbs but maybe she could set up a thing were she brought all her flowers she found to the Medicine cats to ask if they were herbs before keeping them? Oh that might be fun! Her ginger ears twitched as Goosefury started talking about death berries. "What do those look like? I heard they kill you if you get them on you! Is that true?" Petuniapaw asked amber eyes flickering between the two young warriors.
"Oh that's really cool Eveninglight!" The ginger and white patched molly chirped at the other mollies comment. Being trained by a medicine cat would have been awesome. But, Petuniapaw liked Mister Ms. Sassyfire.

dino.
June 4th, 2020, 01:51 PM
[ Zesty Mango Fuzzy ]

"Death berries are very toxic plants," he explained to Petuniapaw. "They're small red berries and tend to grow on bushes, but don't be deceived by their size - even one could kill you. If you see any, stay as far away from them as possible."
He blinked at the undergrowth around them, but couldn't seem to find any other plants that even resembled berries. Maybe the flowers they found today would be everything they returned with. The thought was... very disappointing, to be honest.

[Quick Update - so far they've found four borage flowers, one poppy head, and three dandelion flowers! ]

Mango
June 4th, 2020, 02:17 PM
Slushie Fuzzy
Eveninglight gave a nod,” That’s good. I see some golden yellow flowers, they might be an herb, I’m not sure.” she confessed as she picked them unsure of what else to do besides grabbing things that might be herbs, unknowningly she grabbed marigold.

Loon
June 4th, 2020, 04:05 PM
Rainsplash chuckled. "It's hard to remember them all, with how big Riverclan is. Even I forget sometimes! About knowing the other clan's names, don't worry about remembering their names. You only need to worry about knowing the Leader's name, the Deputy's name, and the Medicine cat's name for other clans." He seemed to not take not knowing the all of their clanmate's names very seriously, as he was correct, Riverclan was HUGE, and he knew the other clan's were Huge as well.

Loonpaw nodded sagely, taking in her mentor's words. Okay, only medicine cat, leader, and deputy.... she can do that! She can do that easily!
"Yeah... Yeah, that's not so bad I guess." She meowed, giving Rainsplash a friendly grin through the fish in her mouth. "Thanks Rainsplash! That actually makes me feel a lot better." Loonpaw admitted, giving her mentor an affectionate nudge. "I really appreciate your lessons and advice. You've really helped me feel welcome and not so... well, dumb, when it comes to clan stuff and asking questions."

[ Splashy ]

teddy.
June 4th, 2020, 05:01 PM
Cricketsong smirked, "I'm just being honest!" She replied, flicking her tail along Houndsong's back. The brown molly turned to lick the nape of the other cat's neck. She settled down, preparing to sit and chat for a while. "Well miss Houndsong, I'm guessing based on your name that you were a clan cat at some point, correct?" She asked.

Scum

"What a fine nose you have, Miss Circketsong! All the better to do investigations with," Houndsong shuddered at the lick as she found herself a spot besides the Riverclan warrior. Houndsong made sure to sit nice and closely to her. "Sadly I was! I'm a luxury shadowclan couldn't afford,"

Dust
June 4th, 2020, 06:52 PM
[That's ok! Sorry mine is a bit late]

Struggling to keep his head above water with the combined weight of Cherrypounce and pull of the current. With his adrenaline spiked, it felt like they were on the brink of death even as his toes scraped the bottom of the river and he managed to drag himself, and Cherry, out of the river - thanks to the fact that she had done as he said. Letting go of her scruff, the gray warrior scrambled a few steps away, spluttering as he hacked up water that he had managed to swallow. After a small coughing fit, he turned towards Cherrypounce with a look of worry,

"Are you ok?! Stars, if you couldn't swim, why did you jump in?!"

Terrestrial

Terrestrial
June 4th, 2020, 07:19 PM
Once she pulled ashore the molly struggled to sit up, her soaking wet fluff pulling her down some. Stars she hated having long fluffy fur! Managing to sit up she began hacking up water that had managed to go up her nose and some she had swallowed. Every single time she was with Pebblepudge she got hurt.

"I can swim!" Cherrypounce hissed, "My fur just pulled me under!" It was true, the weight of her wet fur along with the current had pulled her under. Blush and a look of embarrassment could be clearly seen as she looked down at the sandy shore.

Dust

Splashy
June 4th, 2020, 11:51 PM
+ Loon +
Rainsplash shrugged. "I'm glad." Rainsplash chuckled, pausing and re-positioning the fish in his jaws. Walking silent for a few tail-lengths, he seemed to be sighing in relief, but it was silent. The Riverclan scent became very thick as the cats came up to a large bramble, almost acting like a wall. It had some reeds inter-twined as well as a small trench of water going around it. "Ah, we're finally here."

MagicCat99
June 5th, 2020, 01:17 AM
Dawnpaw got down low and tried again, hoping she got her stance right. He tail swished around in the air behind her from the excitement as she glanced up at her mentor to see if she was doing it correctly.
MagicCat99
Nighttuft smiled. "Very well!" She meowed. "Now try sneaking like this, but keep your tail still." The she explained, sneaking forward.

Dawneye
June 5th, 2020, 10:32 AM
Dawnpaw nodded and and started creeping forward, keeping her tail calm behind her as she slowly put one paw in front of the other, trying to keep them light. “Like this?” She asked, glancing up at her mentor as she continued
MagicCat99

MagicCat99
June 5th, 2020, 01:46 PM
Dawnpaw nodded and and started creeping forward, keeping her tail calm behind her as she slowly put one paw in front of the other, trying to keep them light. “Like this?” She asked, glancing up at her mentor as she continued
MagicCat99
"Mhm, and when you're close enough.." Nighttuft pounced on a leaf. "Pounce!"

Loon
June 5th, 2020, 03:48 PM
Rainsplash shrugged. "I'm glad." Rainsplash chuckled, pausing and re-positioning the fish in his jaws. Walking silent for a few tail-lengths, he seemed to be sighing in relief, but it was silent. The Riverclan scent became very thick as the cats came up to a large bramble, almost acting like a wall. It had some reeds inter-twined as well as a small trench of water going around it. "Ah, we're finally here."

Loonpaw nodded at her mentor absentmindedly thinking of her rival...

"I can't wait to show off to Houndpaw! I bet he's not caught a fish this big..." She sneered and padded into the camp, excited to brag.

Fuzzy
June 5th, 2020, 04:44 PM
Slushie Zesty Mango

Petunipaw nodded, for once seriously. "I will stay away from them then!" She informed Goosefury. She wasn't going to get herself killed for a berry. Nope! She liked living. Her amber eyes scanned over the green territory. Her search was cut short as she heard Eveninglight speak. "It looks like one too me." Petuniapaw agreed. She was no expert she didn't even know flowers were herbs until eelier today. Flashing another smile at the warriors Petuniapaw began her search again. Berries. They were looking for berries. Oh! There! Petuniapaw moved over to a little bush, growing around the trees. It had purply black barriers on it. "I think these are blackberries! I don't know if they are herbs but my mama once gave me some of these, they aren't that bad. Not good like fish kinda sweet like honey but not?" The ginger and white molly rambled on. "Anyway! Do you think we should bring some to Miss Otterstone and Mister Fawnsqueak? If there not herbs you can either eat them or play with them!" Petuniapaw added looking between Eveninglight and Goosefury.

Mango
June 5th, 2020, 04:48 PM
Fuzzy Slushie
(We should wait for Slushie)
Eveninglight gave a nod,” I suppose they might like a tasty treat if it isn’t an herb.” she glanced around before seeing a cobweb and carefully removed it and wrapped it around her paw, she knew that was used often for bleeding so she kept it on her forearm to keep it safe until she was done.

BEAR.
June 5th, 2020, 05:21 PM
softpaw giggled and got into an attack crouch, "i'm gonna be the youngest warrior in riverclan as soon as im done with hunting and battle training!" she snickered, her little nub twitching.

BILL.

"That's an awesome goal!" Firehawk told her excitedly. Ambitious, yes, but he wasn't going to ruin her attitude toward it. It was possible, at least! "Ah, I see you've mastered your battle crouch already! Unfortunately it won't work for hunting, here, darling.."

Firehawk lowered himself into a crouch, keeping his belly off the ground and his tail raised to avoid brushing against it. His legs were parted evenly to maintain his balance. "Copy me. Attack crouches are often too low to the ground and your tail is too close to your body. You need to be able to move gracefully through the forest to hunt your prey-- otherwise you'll scare them away!"

kittygirl
June 5th, 2020, 05:37 PM
softpaw stood up and got into the same crouch as him, she looked over her shoulder at her little nub and couldn't help but giggle a bit, "pfft, i dont think i have to worry about a tail!" she laughed, but quickly got serious again and parted her paws slightly for better balance, "what are we going to hunt?" she asked, softpaw wasn't familiar with hunting land prey, but she had already gone on a hunting lesson for fish.

BILL.

BEAR.
June 5th, 2020, 05:48 PM
Ah.. silly him! "Sorry," Firehawk was quick to apologize, instantly feeling bad for his slip up. "It slipped my mind-- there aren't many cats I've trained with short tails!" Wow, he felt a little.. dumb about the whole thing..

Moving on! He flashed her a small smile. "It depends on what's around! What can you smell?"

[ kittygirl ]

Dawneye
June 5th, 2020, 06:52 PM
Dawnpaw watched her mentor and tried to follow her mentor’s steps, using her hind legs to push her forward and onto a leaf that was mid-fall “like that?” She said, pinning down the leaf with her front paws.

MagicCat99

softnaps
June 5th, 2020, 10:38 PM
"What a fine nose you have, Miss Circketsong! All the better to do investigations with," Houndsong shuddered at the lick as she found herself a spot besides the Riverclan warrior. Houndsong made sure to sit nice and closely to her. "Sadly I was! I'm a luxury shadowclan couldn't afford,"

"Shadowclan eh?" Cricketsong meowed. "They're certainly... interesting. I don't care as much as some about this clan rivalry stuff." The brown molly lightly rested her tail on Houndsong's back. She smiled at the other cat, very much enjoying her reactions to her flirtations.

MagicCat99
June 6th, 2020, 01:45 AM
Dawnpaw watched her mentor and tried to follow her mentor’s steps, using her hind legs to push her forward and onto a leaf that was mid-fall “like that?” She said, pinning down the leaf with her front paws.

MagicCat99
"Yup!" Nighttuft smiled. "Now we can try on real prey. What do you smell?" She sniffed the air herself to know the answer. A mouse.

BEAR.
June 6th, 2020, 05:02 AM
Lionstar wasn't even listening to Sootflare, too focused on scouring the cavern. "I know there's one around.." he muttered absently to himself as he neared the side of the empty, massive divot.

A small glow of light was visible on the upper side of the wall, and Lionstar heaved himself up onto the ledge of the basin to try to get a better look. "Think we can use this, Sootfather?"

[ wnder ]

Dawneye
June 6th, 2020, 07:07 AM
Dawnpaw sniffed the air and tried to remember what that scent was. She opened her mouth to really take it in and remembered the smell from the fresh kill pile “mouse I think?” She said, looking a bit unsure of herself as she looked up at the experienced warrior.

MagicCat99

kittygirl
June 6th, 2020, 09:28 AM
softpaw lifted her head and took a good sniff, she smelt something..but she was finding it hard to sniff it out. softpaw took a deep and frustrated inhale while she was trying to pin point the scent, "is my snooter not working right? why is it so hard to get a good scent!" she huffed.

BILL.

MagicCat99
June 6th, 2020, 01:22 PM
Dawnpaw sniffed the air and tried to remember what that scent was. She opened her mouth to really take it in and remembered the smell from the fresh kill pile “mouse I think?” She said, looking a bit unsure of herself as she looked up at the experienced warrior.

MagicCat99
"Yup!" Nighttuft searched for the creature and saw it by a tree. She pointed towards it with her tail. "Try catching it."

Dawneye
June 6th, 2020, 01:33 PM
Dawnpaw looked a bit nervous but got down into her hunting crouch and slowly creeping towards the small rodent as it cleaned its ears. She got into a good pouncing distance and quickly pounced, giving it’s neck and quick easy snap, feeling it’s body go limp in her jaws.

MagicCat99

StealthWarrior
June 6th, 2020, 01:48 PM
Stealthkit had snuck out of the nursery that night, she hadn't asked Sootkit to go with her because she needed some time to think. That day had been so confusing! Where was the other queen? When Thrushvine wasn't looking, she had tracked the queen, Stoneshade right? From her bedding which no apprentice had been in to change yet, all the way to the camp entrance then headed back to the nursery because Streamfoot was watching her. Streamfoot! He was Stoneshade's mate, right? She would ask him what happened in the morning. He would have to know. He's her mate!

duckie
June 6th, 2020, 02:40 PM
Sootflare

It didn't take him long to realize Lionstar wasn't listening and he let out a sigh, snapping his mouth shut. Sootflare had clearly been brought here just to be a minion and he would have to be fine with that. Catching Lionstar's question, he made his way over and hopped up beside the leader to inspect the light.

"Probably." he replied, absently pawing at the loose dirt and watching it crumble away, "We'll have to see how far it is to the river from here."

[ BILL. ]

MagicCat99
June 7th, 2020, 12:48 AM
Dawnpaw looked a bit nervous but got down into her hunting crouch and slowly creeping towards the small rodent as it cleaned its ears. She got into a good pouncing distance and quickly pounced, giving it’s neck and quick easy snap, feeling it’s body go limp in her jaws.

MagicCat99
"Well done!" Nighttuft complimented her apprentice. "I think that's enough for today. Let's go back to camp." She flicked her tail and started padding to camp, occasionally looking over her shoulder at her.

RedHead
June 7th, 2020, 08:05 AM
[ RedHead ]

Houndpaw walked beside Ternsky with his eyes turned to the sky thoughtfully. At her question, he shook his head and chirped,

“Nope, I’m good!”

The brown tom felt pretty secure in his knowledge of the territory and he looked forward to heading home for a nap. He also looked forward to going through the rest of his training. Surely clan warriors could offer some improvement tactics for his fighting skills. He was already a good fighter, but there was always room for improvement.

"Alright then, that's that!" Ternsky announced as they came up to the camp entrance, giving her apprentice a nod. "Go get some well-deserved rest, and well... you can find me tomorrow for another training session. Maybe we can grab some other warriors or older apprentices and do a sparring session or something, but we'll see!" With that, the black-furred she-cat gave her apprentice a nod before turning and padding into camp, intent on figuring out how to find Sassafrasfire later.

dino.
June 7th, 2020, 09:29 AM
[ Zesty Mango Fuzzy ]
[ Current Herb Count: four borage flowers, one poppy head, three dandelion flowers, three marigold, one cobweb ]

Goosefury glanced over at the flowers Eveninglight had found. "It's probably a good idea to just pick anything, really. But I think we probably have enough here. Let's head back." If Otterstone really needed berries, Goosefury would just head back out by himself and find some, but for now the things they had gathered seemed like a pretty good amount. If they even were herbs, that is.
He turned to leave, but realizing Petuniapaw had noticed some blackberries, he nodded her way. "Go right ahead. Then we can take everything back to Otterstone." He started to walk back to their little pile of herbs, then hesitated and glanced around until he spotted a strip of bark large enough to carry what he needed. He leaned down to pick up the purple flowers and the poppy in his jaws, then set them on the bark and began to drag the load back to camp.

Dust
June 7th, 2020, 07:22 PM
Letting out an exasperated laugh - not necessarily because the near-death situation had been funny, but rather her response - shaking his head slowly as he clamped his mouth shut. His attempt to muffle his chortles proved useless as Pebblepudge burst into a fit of laughter. Flopping down onto his belly as the laughter slowly died down, he sucked in a long breath before releasing a long,

"Aaaaaaahhh........" The warrior shook his head again, "I'm sorry Cherrypounce, that wasn't funny but... your fluff pulled you down?" He raised a brow, "I thought you would have known how to swim with it!"

Terrestrial

Fuzzy
June 7th, 2020, 10:07 PM
Zesty Mango Slushie

Petuniapaw nodded to Gooosefury, reaching over to bite off a stim of blackberries and some leaves. About five barriers and two leaves, which was heavier then she thought they would be. "Alright!" She chirped through the stim. She was quiet used to talking with stuff in her mouth. The young molly bounced over to the tree that she had left the dandelions. With a juggling act Petuniapaw got all three dandelions in her mouth with the blackberry stim.
Her amber eyes bright, the ginger and white patched apprentice bounced over to Eveninglgiht and Goosefury. "Ready to go back!" She declared following them to camp