Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
3v1 Raid Partner Finder
Last post by chickadee
Today 08:07 AM
Owlkit Finder!
by zBlaze
Last post by zBlaze
Today 08:05 AM
The Forest Roars
Last post by CollapsingStars
Today 08:04 AM
spring & drizzle one year...
by iliri
Last post by Morrigan
Today 08:03 AM
Duckkit
Last post by PINTO BEAN
Today 07:56 AM
Closed Thread

Old August 5th, 2019, 03:43 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Needs Soap and a Rubber Ducky

RiverClan will be training cats how to swim here.

The setting is along the river, near a willow tree that marks their relative location. Lionstorm has asked @Rosemew's Oakflame to lead cats here, but you are not required to wait for them to post to start.

More plot information can be found here. If you wish to participate, please check out the thread and follow the instructions.

Go wild (and try not to drown!)
Old August 5th, 2019, 06:07 AM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Needs Soap and a Rubber Ducky

@CloverFlame @Okapi @Catbee-Nepeta @Leopardblaze

Eagleflight bristled at how quickly Lionstorm was to reject his eagerness to train his friend. He gave the golden tabby a sharp glare for only a moment, then turned to Leopardblaze with a grimace.
"Mouse-dung," he cursed, "Guess we're splitting up. Perhaps another time." Looking visibly disappointed for a blink, he then turned to regard the group he had been assigned. He strode over to Rainwhisper and nodded his head in greeting. He turned to their trainees.
"You two, will this be your first time in the water?" He felt as if he already knew the answer, but he may as well ask.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old August 5th, 2019, 09:30 AM

My Mood: Spooky

@Okapi @CasperCreates

Leopardblaze looked to her friend with slight disappointment, nodding," I suppose so. Good luck." She trotted a few steps away, flicking her ear as she looked around until spotting her trainer, Honeybee. She couldn't recall if she had met that molly before, shaking her spotted fur she shrugged and trotted towards the Riverclan warrior hoping she had seen her already. "Hello Honeybee," she meowed in greeting.
Old August 5th, 2019, 09:52 AM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

[ @The Cannibal @Dipper ]
_____

It was a duty oakflame felt lucky to have; leading the trainees and trainers here, and being able to train two cats. One of both clans! He would make sure nothing bad would happen, considering one was an apprentice. Then again he'd have to be extra careful considering he was also training Grousestar, it would set a terrible example for Riverclan if the skyclan leader drowned or got hurt learning to swim. Back onto the more important topic, leading the large group of felines to the river, with the Willow tree. Hah! That wouldn't take long at all, if his memory was correct that spot was just a little ways in the territory.

And just as he thought, it hadn't taken long for the tabby to lead the group to the spot. The only trouble he has was rounding up the cats. The fact that some skyclan and Riverclan cats were in a bad mood about this made him flick his tail in some discomfort.
"Everyone, go ahead and start with the training!" he announced, watching some cats scatter to the river. Now..where was Grousestar and fawnpaw? Ah!

Catching sight of the two, he padded over, giving a nod to them both. "Grousestar, Fawnpaw. Are you ready to start?" He asked, hoping the two would be in the group of cats who weren't angry about this.
Timberspark was beginning to regret his decision. Ears perking forward as the voice of the brown tabby in front caught his attention. What was his name? Oakfire or something? Shaking his head, his brown gaze searched the crowd for Splashcloud. But that wasn't easy for him, considering he was awkwardly standing to the side looking for the molly. Maybe she'll come up to me so I don't have to embarrass myself? He thought, continuing to look at the glump of pelts.
But he soon got impatient, a curse really.

Oh well, it couldn't hurt to ask around right? He wondered, walking around to search for the silver molly. She couldn't be too hard to find, he was sure he saw her once or twice around the Riverclan camp. Was that her?
His eyes caught sight of a silver and dark grey molly, deciding to go over and make sure. "Are you.. Splashcloud?" He inquired, brows furrowed slightly in doubt.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days

Last edited by furrensic; August 5th, 2019 at 09:53 AM.
Old August 5th, 2019, 10:42 AM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemew View Post
[ @The Cannibal @Dipper ]
_____

It was a duty oakflame felt lucky to have; leading the trainees and trainers here, and being able to train two cats. One of both clans! He would make sure nothing bad would happen, considering one was an apprentice. Then again he'd have to be extra careful considering he was also training Grousestar, it would set a terrible example for Riverclan if the skyclan leader drowned or got hurt learning to swim. Back onto the more important topic, leading the large group of felines to the river, with the Willow tree. Hah! That wouldn't take long at all, if his memory was correct that spot was just a little ways in the territory.

And just as he thought, it hadn't taken long for the tabby to lead the group to the spot. The only trouble he has was rounding up the cats. The fact that some skyclan and Riverclan cats were in a bad mood about this made him flick his tail in some discomfort.
"Everyone, go ahead and start with the training!" he announced, watching some cats scatter to the river. Now..where was Grousestar and fawnpaw? Ah!

Catching sight of the two, he padded over, giving a nod to them both. "Grousestar, Fawnpaw. Are you ready to start?" He asked, hoping the two would be in the group of cats who weren't angry about this.
The brown tabby leader had simply nodded his head in acceptance as he was assigned Oakflame as a teacher, though a flicker of amusement filled him as he realized he was going to be taught alongside an apprentice. Though let me clarify, he didn't have a problem with it, if anything, it helped to brighten his mood. He liked apprentices, they were new, impressionable, naive and generally good-spirited. To be taught alongside one, it made him feel young again. Grousestar was sure that Lionstorm had put him in good paws. As the group was lead to the river with the willow tree, the older tom followed along without a word, a small smile curled onto his muzzle as his paws sunk into the muddy ground. At this point, he had gotten used to the feeling of the sticky dirt and had actually gotten quite good at cleaning it out of his fur. In leafgreen, the coolness of it was actually much appreciated, it was a good way to beat the heat without actually taking a dip in the water. But now that he was being taught how to swim, hopefully without losing too many lives, that would be another way to beat the scorching sun.

Before long, the group stopped and his own trainer, Oakflame, announced that everyone could start their lessons. Eyes focused on the tom as he waited for part of the crowd to clear, he'd offer a brighter smile as Oakflame approached him. It wasn't until now that he noticed Fawnpaw, the one he would be trained alongside, was right near him.

Nodding his head in return, Grousestar would reply, "Ready as I'll ever be! Now before we start, how deep is this water?" There didn't seem to be any fear involved in the question, just curiosity as he angled his head towards the river, as if trying to get a guesstimate on how high it might get when he does take the plunge.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old August 5th, 2019, 11:11 AM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemew View Post

_____
[ @RedHead ]
Timberspark was beginning to regret his decision. Ears perking forward as the voice of the brown tabby in front caught his attention. What was his name? Oakfire or something? Shaking his head, his brown gaze searched the crowd for Splashcloud. But that wasn't easy for him, considering he was awkwardly standing to the side looking for the molly. Maybe she'll come up to me so I don't have to embarrass myself? He thought, continuing to look at the glump of pelts.
But he soon got impatient, a curse really.

Oh well, it couldn't hurt to ask around right? He wondered, walking around to search for the silver molly. She couldn't be too hard to find, he was sure he saw her once or twice around the Riverclan camp. Was that her?
His eyes caught sight of a silver and dark grey molly, deciding to go over and make sure. "Are you.. Splashcloud?" He inquired, brows furrowed slightly in doubt.

Splashcloud had been looking for the cat she was to train, ears twitching as she watched the cats began to follow Oakflame to the area Lionstorm had assigned them. She had been looking in the wrong direction though, as she heard questioning if her name behind her.
Spinning around, Splashcloud spotted whom she was pretty sure was Timberspark. She wasn’t amazing with names, so having Skyclan here had been particularly difficult for her. “Yep, that’s me!” She exclaimed, blue eyes scanning the tomcat. “And I’m going to assume you’re Timberspark.” She meowed, waving her tail. “Let’s go a little further downstream, most cats will probably be training right around the willow. We need to give ourselves room.” She held her tail high in the air as she pushed through the throng of cats, so Timberspark could easily follow her to the less crowded area.

——————

@The Cannibal

Spicestorm took Lionstorm’s words as a personal challenge of course. He’d heard Barbedfall complain when she walked into camp, and he couldn’t help but smile to himself. This should be a small amusing and he had hoped when he volunteered. The tom walked over to the thick-furred she-cat, flicking his tail. “My younger brother has thicker fur than you, and he swims just fine. Let’s see if you can learn to swim as well as he did.” Spicestorm’s voice was quick and stern, his yellow-green eyes narrowed at Barbedfall. He himself had short fur, his brown bengal pelt shimmering in the sunlight. “If you drown, well, that would be a pretty big disappointment wouldn’t it?” With a swift turn, he waved his tail, beckoning the she-cat to follow him as he headed for the willow overhanging the river.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old August 5th, 2019, 11:25 AM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

@The Cannibal

Spicestorm took Lionstorm’s words as a personal challenge of course. He’d heard Barbedfall complain when she walked into camp, and he couldn’t help but smile to himself. This should be a small amusing and he had hoped when he volunteered. The tom walked over to the thick-furred she-cat, flicking his tail. “My younger brother has thicker fur than you, and he swims just fine. Let’s see if you can learn to swim as well as he did.” Spicestorm’s voice was quick and stern, his yellow-green eyes narrowed at Barbedfall. He himself had short fur, his brown bengal pelt shimmering in the sunlight. “If you drown, well, that would be a pretty big disappointment wouldn’t it?” With a swift turn, he waved his tail, beckoning the she-cat to follow him as he headed for the willow overhanging the river.
The thick-furred Skyclan she-cat glared daggers at the Riverclan deputy about his comment, a growl rising in her throat. "The nerve of some cats. You think just because you're deputy you're so high and mighty? I hope Grousestar rakes your pelt for such blatant disrespect!" Her gaze flickered to the Skyclan leader who seemed to be completely ignoring her. Flexing her claws into the soft ground, she'd lower her head angrily before following the group to the river, all the while muttering obscenities. It was when Spicestorm approached her, did she rake her gaze over him up and down before appearing dissatisfied with who she was assigned as a teacher. And when he spoke, she seemed to get even more angry.
"Yeah well I bet your younger brother isn't used to climbing trees now is he? It's easy for you to comment with your short swimming-perfect fur. Learn to put yourself in other cats paws why don't you?"
Lashing her tail, she wouldn't say anything about the drowning comment, but simply follow after him with a loud huff. "I'm going to be wringing water out of my pelt for moons, not to mention all of the mud. How do you guys stand it here? This place is wretched. Miserable. And your deputy, he's got no respect," the she-cat would ramble on angrily.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old August 5th, 2019, 11:45 AM

My Mood: Breezy
Talking Re: Needs Soap and a Rubber Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperCreates View Post
@CloverFlame @Okapi @Catbee-Nepeta @Leopardblaze

Eagleflight bristled at how quickly Lionstorm was to reject his eagerness to train his friend. He gave the golden tabby a sharp glare for only a moment, then turned to Leopardblaze with a grimace.
"Mouse-dung," he cursed, "Guess we're splitting up. Perhaps another time." Looking visibly disappointed for a blink, he then turned to regard the group he had been assigned. He strode over to Rainwhisper and nodded his head in greeting. He turned to their trainees.
"You two, will this be your first time in the water?" He felt as if he already knew the answer, but he may as well ask.
@Okapi @Catbee-Nepeta
Rainwhisper surveyed Eagleflight quietly before greeting the tom in return, his fur prickling with a mixture of excitement and apprehension. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he turned to the cats he would be training, he hoped with wouldn’t take too much of his time, as he still had to train Pidgeonpaw, his own apprentice, but he was sure she would understand.
“Pinepaw,” Rainwhisper dipped his head in greeting to his clanmate, glad that she was ready to start swimming, he had taught Pidgeonpaw the same thing only days ago.
“And you’re Fennelnose, right?” Rainwhisper meowed cautiously, hoping not to get this newcomer’s name wrong. It was a constant problem for him, he even forgot his clanmate’s names sometimes.
“Looks like we’ll be having our paws full, huh?” Rainwhisper murmured to Eagleflight, his whiskers twitching with amusement as he flicked his tail.

@Dust

Willowwings strode towards the Skyclan molly, her sleek fur rippling as she sat down in front of Honeynose, her ears flicking in anxiety. “So you’re Honeynose?” The molly meowed, trying to keep a monotone voice to avoid aggravating her trainee, after all, she had decided to make an effort to get to know these new cats, hoping to be rid of her distrust for them. Or at least most of them.
Hello everyone! I’m sorry I’ve been inactive for so long! I’ve had a lot going on lately but I’m ready to get back into it! I’m going to be retiring my older characters(possibly putting them up for adoption) but let me know if you want to continue a roleplay with them!

Avatar Credit: My pretty kitty IRL!

Last edited by CloverFlame; August 5th, 2019 at 01:42 PM.
Old August 5th, 2019, 12:42 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloverFlame View Post

@Okapi @Catbee-Nepeta
Rainwhisper surveyed Eagleflight quietly before greeting the tom in return, his fur prickling with a mixture of excitement and apprehension. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he turned to the cats he would be training, he hoped with wouldn’t take too much of his time, as he still had to train Pidgeonpaw, his own apprentice, but he was sure she would understand.
“Pinepaw,” Rainwhisper dipped his head in greeting to his clanmate, glad that she was ready to start swimming, he had taught Pidgeonpaw the same thing only days ago.
“And you’re Fennelnose, right?” Rainwhisper meowed cautiously, hoping not to get this newcomer’s name wrong. It was a constant problem for him, he even forgot his clanmate’s names sometimes.
“Looks like we’ll be having our hands full, huh?” Rainwhisper murmured to Eagleflight, his whiskers twitching with amusement as he flicked his tail.
@Okapi @Catbee-Nepeta

"I suppose we will," Eagleflight mewed to Rainwhisper. He wasn't too concerned, however. Two RiverClan cats together would surely be able to train these tree-jumpers to swim. He turned to the SkyClan cats. "Don't be afraid; it's not as hard as it looks. We won't let you drown." He wondered if he should have avoided using the word "drown" at all. Ah well, he thought, it's already been said. He flicked his tail impatiently as he waited for everyone to be ready to head out.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old August 5th, 2019, 01:00 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Roachfoot who at first thought this whole training thing was going to be fun to watch hadn’t been planning on actually training anybody! And here you are leading some half wit skyclan cat to their doom. With a deep sigh of annoyance the feline turned on his heels toward the exit of camp following quietly after oakflame who lead them out of camp. The name yarrowpounce didn’t ring a bell, but he assumed the cat was following closely after. Couldn’t afford to lose them in the forest now could he.
He glanced over his shoulder hopeful to catch a glance of somebody who looked like a yarrowpounce as they began to fan out against the rivers edge. ‘ ‘ hurry up yarrowpounce I haven’t got all day to wait around ‘ ‘ he snorted over his shoulder. Despite Roachfoot being shorter and with a less graceful build then most he knew just how to swim. His thick fur was dense meaning he could likely outswim most other cats when it came to insulation. The tabby hopped down onto the shore feeling the sand between his toes and edging closer to the water. Now... you see the hunting thing was different. He was so short and small that whenever he swung to catch a fish he threw himself right off balance and ended up with a face full of pebbles or water. He shivered. And flicked his tail with slight annoyance. With a grunt the tabby dropped down and curled his tail around his paws. ‘ ‘ c’monnnn yarrowpounce I won’t bite ‘ ‘

@The Cannibal

The way lionstorm had spoken to frostflight had disturbed her, could the deputy not swim? The thought was troubling enough as it is without the added pressure of her life being in the toms paws. Would he really let her die? She padded along the outskirts of the traveling group with her breath growing ragged with each step. Would frostflight really not be able to save me? What if I’m caught by a current and swept off forever? Perhaps this entire thing was a bad idea in the first place. Duckpuddle felt her fur twist with discomfort as
a gust of wind battered against the travelling group, slicing through the fur on her stomach like icy claws. She glanced up quickly, noting how the trees seemed to sway with the wind and how beautifully blue the sky was. It wouldn’t be such a bad day to die right? She hadn’t realized her mind had run off to crazy places before she suddenly felt her weight shift as her paw when it dipped into a small pothole and tripped right over herself. Just managing to keep her balance and stumbling slightly. She looked around nervously- her eyes darting from clanmate to clanmate with sheepish embarrasses smile on her maw.

@Dust

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Closed Thread