Hello young one
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 10:10 PM

Old Today, 10:34 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: RiverClan Floodstone

Twigstep-95 Moons-Elder-Evil grandpa

Twigstep watched in disbelief as his clan mates started to accept their deputy “You all can’t be serious,if we let dusklion stay deputy then how will we know he won’t kill again,I know it was a windclan cat that was killed but still do we not value life?!”The old Tom hissed in frustration
He looked around defeated

OPEN
Old Today, 10:35 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Angelic

RiverClan Re: RiverClan Floodstone

Rosehawk
RiverClan Warrior

Rosehawk patted the spot beside her with a dark cream forepaw, beckoning for Dusklion to take the seat beside her. The warrior wrapped her tail tighter around Cobwebpaw and touched her nose to the apprentice's ear comfortingly.

''You know what?'' Rosehawk called out to her Clanmates. ''Dusklion thought that she was defending RiverClan when she killed Fallownose, and I don't blame her one bit. Twilightstar can always appoint a new deputy who will follow in Fallownose's pawsteps.''

Rosehawk turned to Fadingsun with piercing ice-blue eyes. ''I say keep Dusklion as RiverClan's Deputy. There could be no cat better than her, and if you are having your doubts about your sister, Fadingsun, then you are wrong.''

Rosehawk shook her head. ''Dusklion has trained multiple cats, and Cobwebpaw may just be her best one yet. Dusklion is an influencer to this Clan, and I say keep it that way.''

@taillow // @sillycreatur // @occultation

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder
Scratch HR Positions:
Robinstar [ ThC Lead] - Anachronismpounce [ ShC Dep ] - Roaringstar [ SkC Lead ] - Pareidoliastar [ WC Lead ]

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird's Lullaby
Alderblossom: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Fireflyflicker: The Collector, Mind Reader, Agatha Kitty

Last edited by paris; Today at 10:40 AM.
Old Today, 10:50 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: pretty much whenever / less active on weekends
My Mood: Sick

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 8 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw had tucked Juni close to her as she listened with a sorrowful expression. The entire meeting had been nothing but stress and bad news — she could feel the tension in the air, like she could slice it with her claws.

She stayed quiet the first time around, not one to make her presence and opinion known. She was surprised had Stagheart talked, however — her adoptive father practically never put in his thoughts at meetings, often seeing it as a waste of time and breath. But here, it seemed important to him to speak... Fadingsun and Dusklion were both asking for it, clearly and plainly. Maybe that's why.

She hesitated, hemming and hawing over whether to speak out or not. If she were an ordinary apprentice still, she'd be content to be silent, not thinking her opinion was relevant enough to all these important cats around her. But now she was the medicine cat apprentice — others had already been treating her different, in higher regard in a way? It was surprising. She meant something different now, called a 'high rank' (which intimidated her), and that likely meant her voice would want to be heard as well.

Berrypaw knew killing was wrong, especially if it was another Clan cat rather than some outsider. Dusklion seemed to know that and looked as sorry as the sky was blue. But it sounded like that WindClan deputy had been testing the waters, pushing for it...? Ugh. She didn't know. It was all a mess in her head.

She opened her jaw to say something but slowly shut it, disappointed with herself yet again. It was next to impossible to speak with the lump in her tightened throat, despite her conviction. She'd just be a stammering mess at that point.

Ears flattening in shame, she ducked her head a bit and simply listened as her Clanmates continued to speak up, wondering if there'd ever come a day where she wouldn't be plagued by the fears gripping her throat.

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Last edited by squidz; Today at 10:52 AM.
Old Today, 11:16 AM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Wrenpaw
~<>~
67/100
10 moons || she/her || RiverClan Apprentice || Silver Tongue
medium furred silver smoke she-cat; blue eyes

Listening to the shouts and complaints of those in the meeting after they'd been asked to speak, Wrenpaw had realized that they didn't all share the same reservations about their deputy. Many of them seemed bothered simply by the fact that she'd killed someone who happened to be another clan's deputy or the fact that she'd killed at all. That.... wasn't exactly the problem Wren had. To her, the fact that Dusklion had killed another deputy wasn't where her gripe lay, what she was upset about was the fact that she'd kept such a thing to herself and the whole clan, Fadingsun included, had to be informed of it at the gathering of all places.

She was a little annoyed, too, that everyone was talking before Dusklion herself got the chance to talk, believing immediately the words of a leader who was not their own and was clearly pissed. Hell, Twilightstar could have been lying! Trying to stir up trouble because she was the only leader present will ranks lacking in numbers. But Dusklion didn't deny anything. She admitted to it now, but the damage was already felt. Too little too late. And - on top of even that - there was the more horrific option of the two warriors hunting an apprentice for sport. It was gross. Worse, even, than the ripped out tongue that sat lining Wren's nest. That hadn't belonged to a child.

"What I think," the silver feline says evenly, her voice loud enough to be heard but holding none of the anger that RiverClan was likely accustomed to, "is that we're focusing our energy on the wrong cat. Sure, Dusklion killed a man, but... so what..? None of our paws are free from blood, so suck it up and get over yourselves. What I'm more upset about, is the fact that we apparently have cats in this clan who think it's ok to torture an apprentice for something like slipping a pawstep over a border without letting her apologize, explain herself, or make any appeasements." Clear blue eyes level on the cats around the clearing, trying to pick out who the offenders were.

"So, why are we so focused on Dusklion's actions right now? Most of us don't care to see her demoted, so let's move on and tackle the actual monsters parading as innocent clan cats." Her piece said, Wrenpaw begins to absently groom her fur, the picture of a cat who didn't really care about anything that was going on - but if you looked closely, you'd be able to see the way her ears pricked with interest listening to the others speak.

[ @/anyone ]
Old Today, 11:26 AM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Ah, well, she'd confessed. In all honesty, Redmire couldn't care less that Fallownose was dead. He wasn't RiverClan, why should she? What she cared about was the fact that Fadingsun had been so willing to take the word of WindClan at face value, with nothing else added to it. That was his Clanmate, his deputy, his sister. What was wrong with him, aside from the already obvious?

Other cats were clearly idiots, too. As everybody else spoke up, Redmire's upper lip twitched, and she eyed Starlingflight, most notably, as well as Twigstep.

"Are you two serious?" she bit out, turning to face both of them. "Saying to demote her just because she got a little bit of blood on her paws? We're warriors. Our paws get bloody. Unless you want to force a kit into the new position, no one who takes up that rank will ever have clean paws, as much as you want them too. That's not how it works and if that's what you're hoping for, then you'll be waiting a long time for it.

"The damage is already done. WindClan is already going to come for us. There's no point in dropping her now. I still say the same thing, she stays. Put that energy to the cats who kill babies or whatever, it's not worth it here."

[ @Tiabirb @Tallstar since red's talking to them directly - open to others o7 ]
Old Today, 11:44 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Ah, well, she'd confessed. In all honesty, Redmire couldn't care less that Fallownose was dead. He wasn't RiverClan, why should she? What she cared about was the fact that Fadingsun had been so willing to take the word of WindClan at face value, with nothing else added to it. That was his Clanmate, his deputy, his sister. What was wrong with him, aside from the already obvious?

Other cats were clearly idiots, too. As everybody else spoke up, Redmire's upper lip twitched, and she eyed Starlingflight, most notably, as well as Twigstep.

"Are you two serious?" she bit out, turning to face both of them. "Saying to demote her just because she got a little bit of blood on her paws? We're warriors. Our paws get bloody. Unless you want to force a kit into the new position, no one who takes up that rank will ever have clean paws, as much as you want them too. That's not how it works and if that's what you're hoping for, then you'll be waiting a long time for it.

"The damage is already done. WindClan is already going to come for us. There's no point in dropping her now. I still say the same thing, she stays. Put that energy to the cats who kill babies or whatever, it's not worth it here."

[ @Tiabirb @Tallstar since red's talking to them directly - open to others o7 ]

Twigstep-95 Moons-Elder

Twigstep shook his head " That's not what I had meant, I don't wish for a kit to be thrown into the position but aren't you tired of how all the other clans want us dead how will it look if we leave someone who has killed a deputy let him stay for the battle that's fine but after could we not discuss it?" I've been in this clan for many moons I've seen the rise and fall of good and bad leadership but I won't let this clan be dragged into unnecessary bloodshed of our apprentices and young warriors because of a challenge at the borders" with that the old tom calms down slightly and looks around at his clanmates "Ive stayed quiet for too long. I will not make the same mistakes as I once had, I will fight with Dusklion but don't mistake me when I say I will not allow unnecessary death" with that he sits down waiting for his clanmate's responses.
Old Today, 11:46 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

Marigoldkit
She, Her\Kit\6 moons/Riverclan
"Keep your head up! You need to look at the world around you!"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Marigoldkit noticed a figure approaching the two of them. It was... Jayfrost! Oh boy, another friend! She must've willed one into existence! Oh but he didn't look nearly as well as she did. She looked over to the kit beside her as Jayfrost addressed them both with a trembling voice. Back into the nursery? Yeah, Marigoldkit figured that was going to happen, as least Jayfrost wasn't scolding them and yet... She found herself way more worried for Jayfrost. He looked sick with worry.

"I'll go," Marigoldkit respond as she rose to her paws. Her ears hurt from all the screaming in the clearing so I guess she heard enough. At least she knew something now. Cats murder and apparently it happened way more than she thought. "But, what about you? You don't look okay. Can't you come with us?" She offered, her white paws finding her way to his as he practically lowered over her.

@burntToast
[/CENTER]
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntToast View Post
[CENTER]

Aspenkit
he/him |4 moons | RC | Reckless, naturally energetic | a little fighter and future nuisance
__________________________________________________ __

He did start to notice marigoldkit's unease towards the clan meeting which confused him, then he heard her words. "kill our clanmates? That would never happen only if we had to!" he said reassuringly without knowing that his words weren't very reassuring at all actually. His ears twitched in the direction of Fadingsuns voice, oh! He had begun the meeting. Aspenkit turned to look up at the Floodstone excitedly, he wondered what would be said? Fadingsuns started speaking, speaking about some awful things that some of his clanmates had done. That didn't sound right, why would riverclan cats torture other clans apprentices for no reason? Fadingsun then said something about Dusklion being the killer of fallownose. Dusklion? Oh that was the deputy cat! Yes he remembers her, though it didn't sound like Fadingsun was very happy with her by his tone. Looking around it seemed no cat was actually happy with her too, how come? Wasn't the deputy someone important and who was fallownose anyway. Fadingsuns then went on to blame the whole clan and call them- pathetic?

The word rolled around in Aspen'kits head for a few moments before it finally registered. Huh? Wasn't riverclan the best clan? He was confused, why in starclans name would Fadingsun call his own clan pathetic. He was late to notice that a warrior, whom marigoldkit seemed to familiar with, had approached them. His words about returning to the nursery completely flew over his head. He wanted to stay, he wanted to hear what Dusklion had to say about this, as she stood up all heads turned in her direction. Aspenkit let out a frustrated hiss as he was ushered away from the clearing towards the nursery. Aspenkit strained his ears towards the meeting listening to what Dusklion had to say. She said some things that aspenkit didn't quite understand but from what he heard she had a right to kill fallownose, whoever they were, they had been spouting awful insults about his clan and they deserved what they got. Death.

He peered around the warrior who was kinda blocking his few from the meeting and watched as Dusklion addressed the clan stating that she would only be deputy if the clan wanted her to be. Scooting past Jayfrost but not quite leaving the warrior, he would return to the nursery as told after he had said what he wanted to say, he looked in the direction of Dusklion and stood proudly. "you should stay deputy! You're proud to be part of riverclan just like everyone else should, you deserve to stay your rank!" he declared loudly and with no doubt in his voice. He stood confidently not caring when a few eyes turned back to look at him. He felt proud of himself as if he had just said a magnificent and convincing speech, he liked Dusklion she sounded like a great riverclan cat because she was proud to be part of riverclan and had defended their honour against that stinky fallownobody. though he didn't know what a deputy exactly was, he was sure Dusklion deserved the position. Having said what he wanted to he turned back to Jayfrost and marigoldkit, "ok we can go to the nursery now" he responded quietly as tried to push Jayfrost in that direction aswell.

TAGS:
-Marigoldkit [@Marigoldwhisper]

->> jayfrost <<-
[ he/him | riverclan | 27moons | burn baby burn ]
a tall, skinny, silver classic-tabby with well groomed short to medium length fur and icy blue eyes

neither of them seemed willing to fight his authority on this one, aspenkit did yap quite a bit before finally turning to let jayfrost lead them to the nursery, but they didnt make it any harder than it already was. aspenkits yelling irritated him just a bit, he was a kit, he dindt know better, but most of the words that he left his mouth were straight up wrong. dusklion had done horrible things and brough war to riverclan, fadingsun had blamed the entirety of riverclan for his own failure, jayfrost was scared. marigoldkit offered for him to come with them and he nodded, grateful, he wouldve done that anyway, if only under the excuse of making sure they stay in the nursery. "dont worry, i can stay for a while" he muttered, not quite trusting his own voice, seemingly far far away and muffled by dozens of pelts. he had to get garlicfeather. goldfish. the kits. he couldnt leave the kits. properly breathing was hard, keeping quiet while sucking in shuddering breaths was harder, he didnt want to make anyone uncomfortable. he knew he was safe. there was no snow, no bumblestar, no mud, his father was dead. he was safe. he knew he was safe and still he couldnt take control of his body, the adrenaline made him shaky, urged him to run, prepare to fight but he pushed through, took slow steps towards the nursery until the kits had entered and he was inside the dark hollow of the nursery. the moon was still high in the sky. the kits. goldfish. would they hear him out?
safety, im safe im safe im safe im safe- his head snapped towards a sound in the clearing, breath hitching once again, he tried to focus on the kits. im safe hes dead, "do you think you can sleep now? i can stay until the meeting is dismissed if you want"

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements
Old Today, 11:51 AM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Starlingflight
--------------------

"A little blood?" A brow arched. "Are we forgetting what happened the last meeting, so quickly? Are we disregarding that her own Clan's blood is on her paws? Their life?" Starlingflight glanced at Redmire, tilting her head, "So soon? And for vocalized threats toward an apprentice? There were ways to punish the transgression without their death or desecration. We all get blood on our paws, but how many of us can count the lives they've taken on one paw? Blood and life are not the same."

To Stagheart, she frowned, "Her honesty is already in question, regardless of her accountability. She held this secret. She proved to be deceptive. There will always be consequences to one's actions, both personal judgments, and the judgment of their peers should the truth, as it has, come out. A few tears does not prove one's love and loyalty. It proves guilt and remorse, fear for the consequences their guilty conscience knows is deserving. Why else would it be a vote? This isn't a time to blindly support because of a heartfelt speech. It's time to think and look at this situation and what it means now, and what it means for us in the coming future. Can we trust her to be truthful from this point? She kept this from her own leader. From us as a Clan."

She frowned a bit more, shaking her head with a heavy sigh, "Do I believe she did it out of her loyalty? That it was a justified death? I can't say. None of us but Dusklion and Fallownose know what conspired that day....but keeping something like that a secret, knowing it could cost lives later when it did come to light...does that sound like loyalty to anyone but her own skin? And now, I only see someone trying to save herself from the worst of persecutions. Keep her as a Lionheart, but she should not be deputy until she truly proves herself a cat with integrity and honesty. Apologizing for a mistake now does little to save our already dismal reputation with the other Clans."

@dino. @squidz

Last edited by Tiabirb; Today at 11:54 AM.
Old Today, 02:09 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 18 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Everything within him was like a raging sea, crashing against rocks that have rested along shores forever, the stability. Though even the strongest of rocks give way with the passage of time. The water breaking it down, the rain, the sea, the waves. Though it held steady enough for a pair of paws to hold on through the blinding rainfall, even as each drop felt like stinging slashes of claws. The sand beneath the very same paws never stayed in one place as it shifted and moved back with the force of the waves. Perhaps that was dramatic, but Seabreeze wasn’t sure how else to put this feeling into words. What had happened moments ago, what has happened since, what will happen because. All of it, the force falling heavy on his shoulders. He wasn’t sure if he could hold, but he would go down trying. No matter what happens. No matter what Windclan tries, or Thunderclan, or Shadowclan. Seabreeze had nothing else in his life to fight for. He was a cat with only one last thing to lose in this life and he wasn’t going to let go unless he was killed. So depite the accusations, the weight they carried, the threats. Seabreeze remained.

He padded into camp, Seabreeze carrying his head as high as he could despite the events that had transpired. Enough to seem at least a little bit put together. There was no way that Dusklion was the cat who did such a thing, right? Even if she was, Dusklion wouldn’t have done it without solid reasoning. Maybe he attacked first? Even then something as finicky as ‘the dead speak,’ are not solid reasonings. How easy it would be to see Riverclan strong, get upset over that, and see an opening to attempt to drag them down into the deep end again. That was what this was, right? Surely? Some sort of stunt to have a ‘reason’ to shoot for Riverclan’s throat as though they weren’t already down. They had reason to do such a thing, the three warriors in their camp and then the apprentice encounter though. It was… this felt wrong. It feels wrong. Something about this whole situation was wrong. Seabreeze had expected a lot to go wrong with the gathering tonight but not that, not full scale war on the horizon. Stars. Why, why did the stars damn them so. Why did Cloverpaw abandon him? Is she peering down now, through the pouring rain, is her shimmering green eyes laid upon the corpse of this beaten down clan and does she see the hope in it that she did when part of its being? Or has she given up, on him, on the clan, on the youth, on the river? On their dreams? On her dreams?

Tears sting his eyes but he refuses to let them fall and he is swiftly under the floodstone and waiting for Fadingsun to drop the news on the unsuspecting part of the clan that had not gone to the gathering. His body language was hard to read and it has always been hard for Seabreeze to understand his leader but this was a new level of veiled hiddenness. He didn’t think any cat, not even Dusklion herself, knows what the leader is feeling, thinking…. It didn’t take long for the leader to begin though. And…he believes Twilightstar? Already? Dusklion had said her piece, defended herself against the accusations, it wasn’t Dusklion, surely it wasn’t Dusklion. It can’t be Dusklion! There was no other cat that could be their deputy, no, they couldn’t handle another deputy. Dusklion and Fadingsun were supposed to be the change, the healing alongside Mistyshard and Berrypaw. Seabreeze was supposed to help Riverclan’s healing from the sidelines. Though the dark whispers of his thoughts, his anxiety rings out in his skull. Telling him that perhaps there wouldn’t be a Riverclan after this. There were no more chances.

Seabreeze let out a breath that he didn’t realize that he was holding when he heard that his leader wouldn’t demote Dusklion. Though that was followed up by the most guilt-inducing speech Seabreeze has heard. Though…that couldn’t all be fair was it? Seabreeze certainly wasn’t innocent and was just as guilty as Fadingsun was painting him out to be. He had fallen apart in his apprenticeship and did the bare minimum of anything and was named late because of it. There was more he could be doing now as well even. He could be patrolling more, he could be hunting more, he could keep a better eye on everything, he could have handled his lessons better. There was so much that needed to be done and how could Seabreeze dare call himself a lionheart without having done that but there are days where he can hardly be bothered to get out of nest, days where the rain seems to last forever. And days where he felt like he was going to wash away and he thought that he was doing better despite that but he wasn’t and he never was. Rabbitpaw, Minkpaw, Cloverpaw, and Antlermutter and Hailstorm, there were so many cats he could be helping and so many things he could have handled better. But that was because Seabreeze was never supposed to exist, he was a mistake the day he was born and that doesn't go away. Whatever chance he had at being a good warrior was erased the day he lost Cloverpaw to guide him to do that. But he tries, he is trying, he is patrolling and talking; Hunting and fighting; Teaching and fixing, all that he can around Riverclan.

Seabreeze knew there were cats in this crowd that didn’t deserve this, but he wasn’t one of them. He felt guilty for everything he has and hasn’t done, for the cats that were being looped into the guilt because of him. Stars, what a mess up. A loud voice caught in his ears, an explosion in the previously deafening silence that he hadn’t even noticed through his thoughts after his leader’s speech. His blue eyes whipped to the disturbance. Redwater. A feline that he wasn’t very familiar with outside of her wish to be a lionheart and a hunting patrol. Calling for Dusklion’s demotion. The first vote has been cast and like rain, once one drop falls it is followed and more and more cats started to toss in their opinions. Redmire, wishing Dusklion to stay, with some words about the rest of the speech. Duskleaf, wishing for Dusklion to stay. Talonpaw, Birdsnow. Twigstep wishing for her demotion. Rainpaw… the names blur together but it seemed as though most want Dusklion despite…

Then Dusklion started to speak. She confirmed the murder. Stars, Cloverpaw, she confirmed the crime. Stars she… Seabreeze stared at her, misery nipping at his heels. Driving itself at him slowly though he knew the snake that it was and soon he would be hardly able to breath with the way it constricts around his throat and made thinking hard. Living…difficult. Though it was in defense of their border… it wasn’t… it had a reason, it was an accident. It wasn’t on purpose. It wasn’t okay, but it wasn’t damning, not in Seabreeze’s opinion and maybe he’s biased but he has lost too much to care about that. Winterpaw, Duskleaf again, it was like a game, in some sick way, as he counted the tallies in his mind. One, two, three, four… one after another, like a competition oh so long ago. One that only one living cat knows of, one that only affects one cat’s life. Starlingflight and Twigstep are some of the very few that call for her demotion still. He didn’t know, Seabreeze didn’t know but he couldn’t stay silent on such a matter.

I-I’m going to be honest…I can’t make sense of what I am feeling, all I know is that Dusklion cares about Riverclan, so much that she claims the murder of another deputy in honor of defending our clan, that must mean something… I am… I don’t even know any other cat could be half the deputy that Dusklion is currently… I wish for Dusklion to stay as Riverclan’s deputy. I don’t think this clan can handle another switch, more rocking of waters, at this point the last choice has been made because we shouldn’t be focusing on Dusklion… because if we linger there won’t be a Riverclan left to worry about high ranks for… I just, I don’t know… but I think Dusklion should stay.” That was as pathetic as he was. But it was all he could say at this moment, the water is raising and depriving him of the oxygen he needs to live and think properly.

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!

Last edited by Dolomedes; Today at 02:10 PM.
Old Today, 08:16 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Status: I speak English, Thai, German, Korean and some others
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
— STAGHEART —

very large & muscular light brown tabby tom with stark greenish-blue eyes and a torn ear; beefed up tier 1

[ riverclan warrior | tomcat | 50 moons | gruff & battle-hardened, yet thoughtful; loyal to a fault ]

Stagheart was quiet in thought for awhile; as Dusklion made her confession, he watched her carefully, noting every shift in expression, the watery eyes, the conviction in her voice as she spoke of RiverClan's state. Despite his discouragement at hearing that it was true, he noticed something else; her love for the Clan was clear, her dedication apparent. She knew what she'd done was wrong, and by the look of her slightly-haggard appearance (how skinny she seemed to have gotten, the lack of sleep in her hollow eyes, he noted), she was already torturing herself enough.

Narrowing his eyes as his mind continued to ponder, he heard his Clanmates speak up once more. Starlingflight's stood out to him — he'd always respected her opinion as a warrior, and he understood the sentiment behind her words. He'd also been raised to trust in the integrity of the Clan, the warrior code, the will of StarClan — and most of him agreed with her... in an ideal world. And unfortunately, this wasn't ideal.

Mudsmoke's comment stood out to him as well, making an important point — she had taken accountability. Sure, it was a bit overdue from whenever the incident first happened, but there had hardly been a moment's pause in this Clan's tumultuous history these past moons to even breathe, let alone lay down a confession like that.

This Clan was far from being able to request ideal candidates — they had to make do with what they had. And, despite her blunder, Stagheart reckoned Dusklion was a damn good option to have to 'make do' with.

He looked down and offered a half-smile at Willowpaw, grateful to hear his apprentice's support as well. The fact that she had such a spark in her helped rejuvenate him a bit, too — knowing that there was young life burning like a fire in this Clan. A whole new generation coming in to feed the flames of RiverClan's revival. That was enough to get him to his paws to speak once again.

Straightening up, he cleared his throat and let his deep voice raise once more when there was a lull after the last Clanmate spoke. "...She's confessed. Like Mudsmoke said, she's taken accountability — somethin' a whole lot of us struggle with. She ain't a killer in the true sense — just someone who was pushed too far. She's real sorry, y'can see that much. And it's clear she loves RiverClan with every bone in her body — she'd give her life for it, no doubt."

He briefly glanced at Starlingflight. "I get what you're sayin', Starlin'flight, but... we ain't in a position to be searchin' for righteousness, as much as we'd like to have it. I don't think none of us can say we'd do much better as deputy, nor could we all say we'd be able to hold in our anger if a cat from another Clan was belittlin' us 'n our entire Clan while steppin' right on the border. That itself is an invitation to attack, 'specially if she warned 'im. Even if she lost her cool... look at 'er. She's sufferin' for it everyday. 'N with WindClan at our heels, tryin' to get the other Clans in on us — we need all the strength we've got."

He hoped the words didn't come off as condescending to his Clanmate — really, he just wanted to point out the flipside of her words. That being said, his gruff tone didn't always convey the way he wanted; sometimes he came off a lot rougher than he meant, despite his relatively abrasive nature. But it was what it was.

With that he returned his gaze to Dusklion, saying firmly, "I've seen ya do much more for this Clan than most, 'n I'd trust ya with my life if it came down to it. Your loyalty 'n love for this Clan despite what it's become gives me hope that our leadership is headin' in the right direction, one pained step at a time... so I'd vote that you're stayin' right where ya are."

He paused for a moment, then added to his Clanmates in a quieter voice, "...We can't change the past. We can only move on."

The large warrior then sat back down, curling his tail over his paws.

[ @taillow - Dusk | @Tiabirb - Starling mention | @SeonghwasBunnyEars - Willow mention | @burntToast - Mud mention ]
Willowpaw gave her mentor a proud and happy glance as she sat beside him. "Our clans suffered enough, we've been changing leaders sense my kithood, seeing that we have a functioning leader and a willing deputy changes things a bit. Perhaps things will finally take a turn for the good in Riverclan" Willowpaw meowed gently to her mentor

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3