Today 11:28 AM

Old October 22nd, 2023, 02:23 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Willow's Rise

| Sprucepaw |
Kitty Softpaws - Inactive

Ouch. Owee. Oh he was in pain. Oh he was in a lot of pain. And what was worse, his attempts at just... getting some distance between himself and the felines he'd been assigned to go on patrol with had been in vain, for he was fairly certain that was one of them lifting him from hell plant's devastating embrace and onto slightly less painful ground.

Lifting his head to stare up at the feline who had just saved him from what had no doubt been a devious, malicious trap placed by the plant cat, he was met with Violent's olive hues. You know... Fudge would never understand these cats and their naming conventions. As of so far, Violent had not lived up to her name. If anything, she was a really, really nice molly. Was her name meant to be defensive? Make others think she was really, really violent and then they left her alone? Smart, actually, if that was the case.

Prickled nose still stinging horrendously as he tried to regain some semblance of having it together - his dribbling nose and watery eyes failing to convey this in any capacity - the former kittypet attempted to shake himself, admittedly embarrassed as he felt the unfamiliar sensation of being groomed. Right. So he needed a game plan. Because there was no way he was leaving here without ripping some of those plants to bring back with him. He was going to show herb cat that he could handle anything she threw at him! But simultaneously there was no way he was going to put any of those devil plants in his mouth, either, thank you very much. And speaking of thanking...

"Gratitude," Fudge mumbled, half glancing at Violent, shame still running down his pelt at the fact that he had to be saved against a pile of plants of all things. Not even the squirrel's bullying had been this humiliating.

Lowering his by now deadpanned gaze to the ground, he noticed the pile of nettles being bundled up from what had been caught in his fur. Wrinkling his nose, he wondered if there was some way of making the stingers sting anything other than them. Frowning as he thought, the former kittypet's tail lashed. He was young. And obviously nowhere nearly as experienced as the older wild cats. His pool of anecdotes to rely on in just about any matter was probably lesser than theirs with the exception of housefolk, warm, giant dens, and snuggly blankets lining up your nest.

It was as if a firefly had just buzzed over the young tom, lighting up his head. That was it! The snuggly blankets! One of his sisters - Cookie - had always been more independent than the rest. She hated being picked up even more than he did, and whenever the housefolk needed to tend to her in some way they always used a blanket to stop her scratches. Would that work here? Would a blanket stop the stinging?

Well, maybe not a blanket. Fudge hadn't a clue how he would find one out here. But... these wild cats had things, right? What did they use to line their nests? Fur - no thank you, these things had already taken enough clumps of his - feathers, moss, sticks... and leaves? Moss seemed like an obvious choice, but he wasn't seeing much in the area. But leaves? There were leaves everywhere. Could they perhaps stuff a few of the horrible nettles between some leaves and avoid stinging their mouths as well?

Taking a step forward, the tom winced, feeling a bolt of lightning course through his entire body, pain rushing through in an instant. Alright. So moving still hurt. Hurray. What else was new? Gratefully, there were leaves all over the forest floor, and he didn't have to move very far, even considering how dry and brittle most of them were at this point in the season. While Violent the Nice was still helping him, he dipped his head, grabbing a few leaves at his paws and laying them down on the ground before hesitantly shoving a few of the nettles on them. There. Now the nettles would be little, harmless bundles of rage. Take that herb cat! And she thought she'd heard the last of him!

-

| +5 stinging nettle |

@dino. [Bumblestar] | @vex [Violetfreckle]
| Bump here, as the patrol is due tomorrow! Not sure if I'll be able to post again today, as there is a storm and my power has been flickering a fair bit, so thought it would be better to have Spruce help with some of the nettle just in case we get a blackout. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old October 22nd, 2023, 09:00 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

Roaringcoast
23 Moons || Cream, off-white, and deep ginger cat with blue eyes || They/Them ONLY

Mention(s): @Shade. @els

Entering the terrain, the ginger and cream cat sighs. Taking notice of Lightningpaw’s lack of training. “Lightningpaw, if you need any more training if the future. Just catch me around camp and I’ll take you out and teach you, okay? Only if Roseraven isn’t able to take you of course,” Giving the cat a look of very faint disappointment, not at Lightningpaw but towards their mentor, the other cat on the patrol, Roseraven. Hunting was the basic knowledge that every apprentice should know. Especially if you have been their mentor since early this moon, the moon was almost over. Roaringcoast nods and ends their part of the conversation and begins to walk forwards just to hear a quiet. Crunch under their paw. Lifting it up to look at what they stepped on, “Stars above, is that a damn bone? Jeez…” Stopping as they dug a small hole and buried the fragments, covering it back up and going in their way. Scent of a bird filling their nose as Raoringcoast got down to a crouch. Slowly following the scent towards a finch. Pouncing on the bird and sinking their teeth into its neck, regaining their height as they stood up, bird hanging from their jaws. Hm. Roaringcoast would wait to see if this hunting lesson went well, then they would go hunt again. The clan was having a prey problem these days anyways.

I would've died for your sins
Instead, I just died inside
And you deserve prison, but you won't get time

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen
Old October 23rd, 2023, 08:00 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@vampire
@els

Roseraven suppressed a sigh as, naturally, Roaringcoast tried to undermine her. She was used to her clan hating her at this point. The she-cat decided to focus on her apprentice instead.

"Of course I will. Let's see... Show me what you think a hunting crouch looks like, and I can tell you how to improve it until it's proper." she said. Roseraven herself wasn't the best hunter, but she remembered the instructions she was supposed to follow well. Just wasn't great at executing them herself.

Last edited by Shade.; October 23rd, 2023 at 08:00 AM.
Old October 23rd, 2023, 01:13 PM
。。 enjoy the fame

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Blah

Lightningpaw
14/100

With a small nod at her mentor, Lightningpaw dropped into a near perfect hunter's crouch, albeit her tail sticking straight out. She had copied what she had seen time and time again from the other warriors she went on patrol with. Lightingpaw glanced up at Roseraven with question in her eyes, creeping forward. "I-Is this good?"

slowly dipping my toes back in

character hoard

Star fixed the indents here,♡
Old October 23rd, 2023, 05:18 PM

Bump Policy: 3 days regularly | 1 day time sensitive

CHESTNUTFALL
warrior - thirty-six moons - voice claim: tbd
(Closed - This is just to establish Chestnutfall as starting to feel ill!)

Chestnutfall is thankful that the trek from camp to Willow's Rise is not a long one, because on days like today his heart feels like rocks at the bottom of his chest. It makes it difficult to navigate the wooded forest, vision going blurry from the tears that spring up. Clasped in his jaws are several stalks of flowers - some wilted and the others looking a bit worse for wear. The large tom doesn't mind though, and he knows that his destination won't either. A breeze sifts through the tufts of fur along his shoulders but don't reach skin below. Leaf-bare is here, but with the chill that creeps up his forelegs he barely notices it.

The large willow sways along with it, its dangling branches parting as the ThunderClan warrior pads through. Bi-colored eyes don't have to search for long, finding the lone grave with tattered and windswept flower remnants near the back. It's clear it is an old grave, though one that has been upkept by frequent visitations. Chestnutfall deposits his bundle on top of the mound after using one paw to sweep away the lingering debris.

"...Hi, mom... I figured it was about time to bring you a new batch." Soft and barely about a murmur, his words slide out after as he stands at the foot of the grave, bowing his head. "I hope the stars are treating you well up there. You gave up more moons of service to this Clan than most I know, so they better have welcomed you with open paws." Of course that last part is spoken more lightheartedly as a laugh rumbles in his belly. It melts into a sigh as he settles down, tucking his paws underneath him and bringing his tail to settle at his side.

It feels as if he just closes his eyes, he can fell his mother here with him. Laying down next to him, sharing each other's warmth as the leaf-bare chill passes by. "Things are... well, things are a mess here," Chestnutfall admits solemnly, green and orange eyes blinking. "Bumblestar has declared war on ShadowClan, and while I do agree they need to be taken down a peg or two... I'm just not sure all of this violence is necessary." A thought that has been swirling about in his head the last moon or two. It all seems so... arbitrary. "Don't get me wrong," he backtracks now, a bit hastily, "ThunderClan being restored to its former glory is something I want more than anything, as did you and Dad, but there are other ways to go about it that don't involve bloodshed." Like holding Clan events, or expanding their territory to the outskirts - especially after the loss of Sunkissed Creek.

Eventually Chestnutfall lays his head on his paws, blinking at his mother's grave. If she were here, she would have her own ideas to add to his limited view. "But you know me, mom," he sighs eventually, air billowing out in a little cloud before him, "ThunderClan is my home. My pride. I'll defend it with my life, like I always have. Like you and Dad taught me to do. I've been doing what I can for the Clan - hunting, patrolling, fixing up the camp barriers when I can spare a paw... Maybe there's more I could be doing, but it feels nice to stop and acknowledge what I have been doing." It felt nice to say that without his father hear the box his ears in. Praise had always been his mother's realm - his father had displayed his love for his son in other... ways.

Speaking of, the warrior finally decides to get to the part of the conversation he knows his mother is waiting for. Chestnutfall blinks again, this time sniffing as a single tear makes its way down his cheek fluff and onto the ground. "...I promise I'm working on trying to get Dad out here to visit you. He's just..." Distant? Cold? Always busy? The fluffy brown warrior doesn't wish to use any of those excuses because he knows the truth; and that its if his dad really wanted to visit his mother's grave, the grave of his mate for many moons prior to her death... he would. Instead, whenever Chestnutfall does manage to catch a glimpse of his dad he was either flirting up a storm or slipping out into the territory on the tail of his latest conquest. At first he had been shocked, but it had become such a norlamcy now that Chestnutfall just looked away whenever he saw it.

"You keep paws to yourself up there, too, you hear?" He makes the decision to drive the conversation away. Time seems to freeze whenever he's here, and the warrior isn't sure how long he's been gone. Parts of his head feel fuzzy though, and a discomfort churns his stomach. "I know you were angry towards the end of your life with StarClan, but... they won't survive your paws of fury, okay mom?" An air-filled laugh leaves him as Chestnutfall pushes himself up of the ground and to his paws. Eyes sweep over the grave one last time, paws unable to let him leave without taking one last opportunity to soak in the peace he felt being here, close to her again.

The caw of a crow flying overhead breaks his trance and Chestnutfall dips his head in respect. By now the fuzzy feeling in his head has turned to a dull ache and it feels like his heart has dropped to his stomach. Figuring it must be unwelcome side affects from the grief, he uses the back of his paw to wipe his tears and and turn away from the sight of his mother's final resting place. "Goodbye, mom. I'll see you again soon..." he calls over his shoulder with a soft smile. Another moment passes before he heads away from Willow's Rise and returns to the path that leads him back to the camp's clearing.

Last edited by Luck; October 23rd, 2023 at 05:19 PM.
Old October 24th, 2023, 12:32 AM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Sprucepaw |
Kitty Softpaws - Inactive

Ouch. Owee. Oh he was in pain. Oh he was in a lot of pain. And what was worse, his attempts at just... getting some distance between himself and the felines he'd been assigned to go on patrol with had been in vain, for he was fairly certain that was one of them lifting him from hell plant's devastating embrace and onto slightly less painful ground.

Lifting his head to stare up at the feline who had just saved him from what had no doubt been a devious, malicious trap placed by the plant cat, he was met with Violent's olive hues. You know... Fudge would never understand these cats and their naming conventions. As of so far, Violent had not lived up to her name. If anything, she was a really, really nice molly. Was her name meant to be defensive? Make others think she was really, really violent and then they left her alone? Smart, actually, if that was the case.

Prickled nose still stinging horrendously as he tried to regain some semblance of having it together - his dribbling nose and watery eyes failing to convey this in any capacity - the former kittypet attempted to shake himself, admittedly embarrassed as he felt the unfamiliar sensation of being groomed. Right. So he needed a game plan. Because there was no way he was leaving here without ripping some of those plants to bring back with him. He was going to show herb cat that he could handle anything she threw at him! But simultaneously there was no way he was going to put any of those devil plants in his mouth, either, thank you very much. And speaking of thanking...

"Gratitude," Fudge mumbled, half glancing at Violent, shame still running down his pelt at the fact that he had to be saved against a pile of plants of all things. Not even the squirrel's bullying had been this humiliating.

Lowering his by now deadpanned gaze to the ground, he noticed the pile of nettles being bundled up from what had been caught in his fur. Wrinkling his nose, he wondered if there was some way of making the stingers sting anything other than them. Frowning as he thought, the former kittypet's tail lashed. He was young. And obviously nowhere nearly as experienced as the older wild cats. His pool of anecdotes to rely on in just about any matter was probably lesser than theirs with the exception of housefolk, warm, giant dens, and snuggly blankets lining up your nest.

It was as if a firefly had just buzzed over the young tom, lighting up his head. That was it! The snuggly blankets! One of his sisters - Cookie - had always been more independent than the rest. She hated being picked up even more than he did, and whenever the housefolk needed to tend to her in some way they always used a blanket to stop her scratches. Would that work here? Would a blanket stop the stinging?

Well, maybe not a blanket. Fudge hadn't a clue how he would find one out here. But... these wild cats had things, right? What did they use to line their nests? Fur - no thank you, these things had already taken enough clumps of his - feathers, moss, sticks... and leaves? Moss seemed like an obvious choice, but he wasn't seeing much in the area. But leaves? There were leaves everywhere. Could they perhaps stuff a few of the horrible nettles between some leaves and avoid stinging their mouths as well?

Taking a step forward, the tom winced, feeling a bolt of lightning course through his entire body, pain rushing through in an instant. Alright. So moving still hurt. Hurray. What else was new? Gratefully, there were leaves all over the forest floor, and he didn't have to move very far, even considering how dry and brittle most of them were at this point in the season. While Violent the Nice was still helping him, he dipped his head, grabbing a few leaves at his paws and laying them down on the ground before hesitantly shoving a few of the nettles on them. There. Now the nettles would be little, harmless bundles of rage. Take that herb cat! And she thought she'd heard the last of him!

-

| +5 stinging nettle |

@dino. [Bumblestar] | @vex [Violetfreckle]
| Bump here, as the patrol is due tomorrow! Not sure if I'll be able to post again today, as there is a storm and my power has been flickering a fair bit, so thought it would be better to have Spruce help with some of the nettle just in case we get a blackout. |
Wow. Ridiculous. Bumblestar snorted as she watched Sprucepaw tumble right into the plants, then as Violetfreckle pulled him back out. Kits and their clumsiness.

She bent down to nip a few more of the stems, careful to avoid the prickly bits. [BI"We good?"[/B]
@vex - +3 stinging nettle
Old October 26th, 2023, 12:04 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

As she plucked the stinging nettles from Sprucepaw's fur, Violetfreckle found herself amassing a rather large pile. Luckily, she was somehow able to carry all of the ones she manages to salvage. With entirely too many nettles (8) in her mouth and tucked under her chin, Violetfreckle tried to speak but only muffled noises came out. Well, so much for that. With a flick of her tail, she just started heading toward camp.

// @dino. @Alchemist Kitsune 5 + 3 + 8 = 16 total stinging nettle \\
// sending in the report as soon as this is posted! \\

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old October 30th, 2023, 08:04 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
@vampire
@els

Roseraven suppressed a sigh as, naturally, Roaringcoast tried to undermine her. She was used to her clan hating her at this point. The she-cat decided to focus on her apprentice instead.

"Of course I will. Let's see... Show me what you think a hunting crouch looks like, and I can tell you how to improve it until it's proper." she said. Roseraven herself wasn't the best hunter, but she remembered the instructions she was supposed to follow well. Just wasn't great at executing them herself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by els View Post
Lightningpaw
14/100

With a small nod at her mentor, Lightningpaw dropped into a near perfect hunter's crouch, albeit her tail sticking straight out. She had copied what she had seen time and time again from the other warriors she went on patrol with. Lightingpaw glanced up at Roseraven with question in her eyes, creeping forward. "I-Is this good?"

[You are not getting formatting for this I am so sorry for the delay ]

Roaringcoast sighs, they feel more disappointed than befire. “We have to go, Lightningpaw and Roseraven. You two can finish this later, I have places to be, a patrol report and maybe a clear lack of good mentorship…” Stars above, Roaringcoast was going to go insane these days. Yeah, Roseraven was clearly not doing her job properly as a mentor. Why would Bumblestar give a former medicine cat, who wasn’t trained in this field good or even at all, an appentince. They made a mental note of it and picked up their catch. Giving a glare towards the other warrior on the patrol and a softer yet still serious look at Lightningpaw. Heading back to camp shortly afterwards.

I would've died for your sins
Instead, I just died inside
And you deserve prison, but you won't get time

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen
Old October 31st, 2023, 08:26 AM
Hiatuses

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Festive1

Sagefern walked into the clearing and yawned. Ok honeycomb bees cant be that bad? Right? he looked up in the tree tops before spotting a yellow beehive. He took a breath and climbed up the tree balancing across the hive be jumping onto the branch not making the thick strong branch quiver. He signed and reached into the nest taking out 3 honeycombs. He yelped as he felt a prick on his paw but kept a steady paw on the honeycomb before gently placing it in his mouth and jumping back to the branch he was on. And stop to take a breath.

[ @vampire ]

[ +3 honeycomb]
Old November 1st, 2023, 07:10 AM
VM me STARS

Bump Policy: Whenever you think is appropriate.
My Mood: Angelic

In the sunny spot by the big willow tree called Willow's Rise, Berryfall, the grey cat with black paws and a black-tipped tail, went hunting with Woodpaw. This place was good for resting and also good for finding food, like mice.

Berryfall saw a mouse not too far away. She signaled her tail pointing to the mouse indicating that she will attempt to catch it, without making any noise and slowly started moving towards the mouse. She got low and sneaky, ready to catch it, her underbelly brushing the soft green grass, moving one paw at a time she got ready to pounce.

The mouse was busy looking for food and didn’t notice Berryfall. She jumped using up all her energy in her back legs and caught the mouse in her mouth. She used her sharp teeth bit down gently so that the mouse stopped moving,

After catching the mouse, Berryfall looked back at Woodpaw, happy and proud. She carried the mouse in her mouth back to Woodpaw to show what she caught.

@GhostCop

Last edited by Starii; November 1st, 2023 at 07:22 AM.