Last post by Realm
Today 09:46 AM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Omari
Today 09:46 AM

Old January 23rd, 2024, 12:31 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Firefly Cove

Mudhound
Thunderclan Warrior | They/them | 31 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

SNOOOOOOOOWWWW HUNTING!!!! It was just a random patrol really, Mudhound grabbing Violetfreckle for a nice hunt given the prey pile was juuuuust a little sparse. It'd be fun! Good bonding and for they'd get good food and Mudhound had been spending the trip happily chatting with the tabby about nothing and everything until they reached the outskirt.

Then there was finally a moment of silence as Mudhound seemed to get into a.... Argument? With a squirrel (though it was pretty clear for all the animal they could speak they could not speak squirrel) but was somehow succeeding in tempting it down from the trees before killing it.

Squirrel caught and buried Mudhound would shoot a grin at the molly, pleased with the catch and stalked through the brush to catch another creature.

Only to shriek.

You see, just through the bush in the clearing of the cove was a cat. A snow cat. And Mudhound had been nose to nose with it and was now panting in shock. Who could expect that in their defense though and when Violetfreckle emerged they'd yelp out a "WHO EVEN MADE THIS?!?!?!" still reeling.

@vellichor

Last edited by Rani; January 23rd, 2024 at 12:32 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2024, 08:38 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
Another howl, another twist in his gut. Wolfpaw almost felt really bad for this, for inflicting so much pain on another - but he steeled himself. They were no longer breaking bones, they were making a choice.

This cat had trespassed, been a threat to his Clan-- his family, and was already as good as dead. The bones were just practice, so when more threats came he'd be ready to face them. All he'd done was merely his job: keep the Clan safe.

But that didn't mean this cat needed to suffer more. "Leavin' them here would just be cruel." He raised a forepaw. A deep breath. ".. I'll do it." Then, he raked it across the rogue's throat.

[ @dino. ]

The rogue kicked out as Wolfpaw's claws sliced across his throat, and Bumblestar released them to let them die. She gave Wolfpaw a nudge. "Good on you. Leavin' 'em out here with two broken legs would've been unnecessary and would've probably brought predators sniffin' around. You did good."

"If you wanna head back to camp, I can take the body to the outskirts 'n bury it. Don't need to come with me if you're not feelin' up to it."
Old January 23rd, 2024, 11:49 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Mudhound

SNOOOOOOOOWWWW HUNTING!!!! It was just a random patrol really, Mudhound grabbing Violetfreckle for a nice hunt given the prey pile was juuuuust a little sparse. It'd be fun! Good bonding and for they'd get good food and Mudhound had been spending the trip happily chatting with the tabby about nothing and everything until they reached the outskirt.

Then there was finally a moment of silence as Mudhound seemed to get into a.... Argument? With a squirrel (though it was pretty clear for all the animal they could speak they could not speak squirrel) but was somehow succeeding in tempting it down from the trees before killing it.

Squirrel caught and buried Mudhound would shoot a grin at the molly, pleased with the catch and stalked through the brush to catch another creature.

Only to shriek.

You see, just through the bush in the clearing of the cove was a cat. A snow cat. And Mudhound had been nose to nose with it and was now panting in shock. Who could expect that in their defense though and when Violetfreckle emerged they'd yelp out a "WHO EVEN MADE THIS?!?!?!" still reeling.

@vellichor
•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

Stars and Moon and Skies, Violetfreckle would take any excuse to leave camp. So, hunting with Mudhound was good enough for her. She may or may not have enjoyed the chit-chat as well, though the tabby wouldn't admit it. Something about this three-legged chatterbox had grown on her; maybe it was the unspoken cuddles. Probably.

As Mudhound had their little altercation with the squirrel, Violetfreckle spotted a little sparrow pecking at the edge of some leafless underbrush. She dropped into a crouch, and leapt! With startling accuracy, she landed square on the bird's shoulders and killed it, leaving a bird-shaped imprint in the snow. As she turned around to follow Mudhound, she heard a shrill cry. Dropping the sparrow, Violetfreckle rushed forward, claws out and back arched to find... nothing?

She found Mudhound after a frantic glance around, nose to nose with an odd looking lump of snow. At the question, she sighed and relaxed, cringing a bit as her almost-healed wounds ached. "What... is this thing?" she asked, poking at the lump with a claw.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old January 25th, 2024, 05:36 AM
Potato Girlboss here :P

Status: Whenever I sit in my bed, the giant bear I got when I was six stares me down
Bump Policy: 24h
My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollapsingStars View Post

(I MEANT MIREMALLOW HAHHA, I got confused with my RC character since she's been doing training with her apprentice)

Miremallow smiled, turning to the kit. She happily dropped the rabbit in front of her. "Eat up!" She purred. Then, she went back in her daze. She didn't think Thunderclan was accepting outsiders, but she still hoped something could be done for this kit.
(May or may not have forgot about this *Looks away*)

Heather

She was completely shocked, how this cat had gone and hunted so easy!

She took a little bite of the food, `` Thanks`` She said, eating the bunny quickly.

"Just be yourself, there is no one better" - Taylor Swift
Help hatch my babies!

My characters and me have different views! Please do not connect their thoughts and feelings to mine. <3
Old January 25th, 2024, 07:30 AM
Moony!!

Bump Policy: If you think I take too long to reply, please bump me!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batt. View Post
(May or may not have forgot about this *Looks away*)

Heather

She was completely shocked, how this cat had gone and hunted so easy!

She took a little bite of the food, `` Thanks`` She said, eating the bunny quickly.
MIREMALLOW

“You know it’s dangerous to be over here. We have a somewhat.. war? I guess. But you’re a kit, so I doubt you’d get attacked. I’m still a little worried for you though.” Miremallow inspected the kits wounds. “Do you mind if I clean you? I don’t know how well it’ll keep those wounds clean, but it’s worth a shot. I have no knowledge of herbs.. I would use ‘em if I knew how.”
Old January 26th, 2024, 09:07 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiabirb View Post

Skunkstrike
36 Moons
She/Her
Purrk(s): Beefed Up
-------------------------

Treepaw wasn't down for long, and Skunkstrike's eyes widened when the bengal apprentice sprang right back up and leaped once more. She tried to twist around, but the loose ground slipped out from under her, and before she could regain her footing, Treepaw's weight landed. Skunkstrike fell to the ground once again with a heavy "Oof!"

"Hahaa!" Skunkstrike laughed from where she had collapsed underneath Treepaw's weight, "Nicely done! Very good! That was a great comeback." She sprawled out onto her belly, frog-legging her hind legs as she purred, "So let's review! Uh...where to start.." She frowned then, twitching her whiskers. "Okay! So, you have great form, and you managed to assess and react without too much hesitation and yet with enough time to consider how to apply your next move." Skunkstrike said, flexing her claws. "You've got the makings for a fine warrior, Treepaw. Your former mentors are total mouse-brains for not seeing your potential, or caring enough."

Skunkstrike pushed herself to her paws, gazing down at Treepaw, "You ever need some training, or even just someone to practice with, don't hesitate to ask, alright?" She purred warmly, shaking out her thick pelt one last time.

[Treepaw] | Trees Friend
​ThunderClan Apprentice
Silver Tongue

Vague memories of the sweet words her mother's would say would come back to her, but she pushed them away. Neither one of them were here now so they weren't relevant in this moment. Besides that, Cedarsparrow hadn't even been to her ceremony and called her Treekit when she had the audacity to speak to her. Nonetheless, she was grateful for the two felines for bringing her to ThunderClan. Had they not, Treepaw wouldn't be standing before this warrior.

Green eyes glowed at the praise. That was probably the kindest thing she'd heard in her entire time in this clan. At least, the kindest that was relevant with her current history. Alderstep was the last feline to praise her. For a moment, Treepaw almost felt like she belonged to something. That someone cared. She'd study the warrior before her heart sank and she froze.

liar. She's a liar. a liar.

No. . . no that's not right.

The mental struggle played on the blank expression that drew over her face. Skunkstrike suddenly wasn't there. She was alone with her friend. They were mad.

LIAR. FAKE.

Her friend screamed at her. It brought a sharp pain to her head, enough for her to physically wince.

And then she blinked.

Skunkstrike was there before her again. The expressionless stare turned to one of bewilderment. Oh no. She did it again! Oh no. The thought repeated. What did she say?

Treepaw stared at Skunkstrike for another moment, her mouth opening in an attempt to say something, but with no luck. She'd hadn't a clue what the warrior said after that praise. "Thank you. . ." she squeezed out.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old January 28th, 2024, 02:20 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellichor View Post
•° Violetfreckle °•

Stars and Moon and Skies, Violetfreckle would take any excuse to leave camp. So, hunting with Mudhound was good enough for her. She may or may not have enjoyed the chit-chat as well, though the tabby wouldn't admit it. Something about this three-legged chatterbox had grown on her; maybe it was the unspoken cuddles. Probably.

As Mudhound had their little altercation with the squirrel, Violetfreckle spotted a little sparrow pecking at the edge of some leafless underbrush. She dropped into a crouch, and leapt! With startling accuracy, she landed square on the bird's shoulders and killed it, leaving a bird-shaped imprint in the snow. As she turned around to follow Mudhound, she heard a shrill cry. Dropping the sparrow, Violetfreckle rushed forward, claws out and back arched to find... nothing?

She found Mudhound after a frantic glance around, nose to nose with an odd looking lump of snow. At the question, she sighed and relaxed, cringing a bit as her almost-healed wounds ached. "What... is this thing?" she asked, poking at the lump with a claw.

Mudhound

The minor hyperventilating fit had slowed a bit at the end of Violetfreckles reaction, the tripod sprawled at the floor less genuinely upset and more of vestigially upset. "I DUNNO BUT IMMA SMACK THE CAT WHO MADE IT! IT NEARLY SCARED ME TO DEATH!" With a final long low whine Mudhound finally made an attempt to pull themselves together, belly crawling away from the snow cat before standing, shaking off the distress (and snow) physically.

With a slightly grumpy huff the tripod inched closer again, a paw reaching out to tap at the snow cat and head cocking back and forth as they inspected it. "I.... I think its a snow cat? But its ugly. A kit-cat could do better!" Hmmmmmmm.... Golden eyes narrowed and a kinda lopsided grin formed. "We could do better. Violetfreckle lets do better! Come on I need revenge for this scaring me! We need to make a better snow cat and show whoever made this what a proper one looks like!" Mudhound bounced around like a spring, already pawing together a little starter ball of snow together, tail wagging behind them. "Come on, come on, come on! Its not like well catch prey here after how I screeched! Lets do it!"
Old January 30th, 2024, 06:50 PM
ruler of everything ♕

•° Violetfreckle °•

She knew Mudhound was distressed, but she couldn't help but roll her eyes and let out a good-natured snort as the cat crawled away from the snow-lump. As they shook off, a bit of snow got on her unexpectedly and she let out a loud mrrp! "Watch where you're flingin' that stuff!" she scolded, though Violetfreckle's tone was clearly one of barely-contained laughter.

A snow-cat, huh? It sure didn't look like one. Just as Violetfreckle was about to ignore the weird thing and continue the hunt, Mudhound had a suggestion. A pretty damn good suggestion, actually. Their screech had definitely scared off any prey they could've found, and Violetfreckle was always one for a competition... "Oh, yeah, I'm in."

With that, she got to work rolling a second snowball. If she worked on the body and maybe Mudhound worked on the head and limbs, this could work. It took awhile for the snowball to become big enough where she couldn't just bat it around anymore, and eventually Violetfreckle was full-on pushing with two paws. Once she was tired enough, she pushed the large snowball up next to the original "snow-cat". She patted and flattened an area for the head to roll onto and even started trying to build some "limbs" splayed out to the side. "How's it goin'?" She called, midway through a foreleg.

// @Rani \\

Old January 30th, 2024, 10:50 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive

Redhawk
She/they | 29 moons | Ultimate Predator • The Collector • Kitty Softpaws [inactive] • [Open]
She wasn't sure it would ever not feel odd to have Firefly Cove as the closest landmark to camp. Redhawk let her gaze wander over the frost-covered meadow as she continued her trek back to camp, fish still in jaw. It was hard to pass by and not think about the bloody battle that had managed to win ThunderClan the cove. Before everything that had happened lately, she had found herself scared of the memories of that battle. Now? She wished she could go back and rip her claws through some fur.

She was about to leave when she noticed something... peculiar. There seemed to be a rather large branch that must've fallen during some point, and as her gaze traveled to the end of it - oh. Red paused briefly as she looked at the small creature trapped underneath, a dark-furred squirrel that seemed to have its tail stuck. Her heart ached for a bit and she padded over towards it. Upon seeing her the squirrel immediately shrank back as she dropped her fish to the side. "Hang on, little guy." Taking both of her paws (cracked pads and all), Redhawk managed to roll the tree branch off the squirrel's tail with a grunt.

It was no shorter than a blink of an eye that she had freed the creature that it was sprinting away faster than Red had ever seen. She twisted around and watched with amused twitching whiskers as it scaled a tree and disappeared in a tangle of branches. "So long!" she called after it, chuckling to herself and picking up her fish. Camp wasn't far, and soon she could give her aching muscles a break.
Old January 31st, 2024, 04:16 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellichor View Post
•° Violetfreckle °•

She found her way to Cattail Pond eventually, seeing it completely iced over. Well, so much for fishing, then. However, what if... Tentatively, she crept up to the shore and placed a paw on the ice. She tested her weight on it, and the ice groaned a bit but didn't budge otherwise. Now, two paws. Three, and all four paws were on the ice. She stood still as a tree, listening for any noise. Nothing. She took a step forward, then another, until she was a few tail-lengths from the shoreline. That was when the ice crumbled beneath her and she fell into the pond with an awkward squawk.

It took a bit, but she managed to swim back to shore, her pelt dripping wet. Brrr! She shook off, then sniffled and headed back home. That was enough for one day.
•° Violetfreckle °•

Water dripped from her whiskers as she shivered. It was far too cold to be out here, she needed to dry off ASAP. Violetfreckle's train of thought was swiftly interrupted when she slipped on a patch of ice and went skidding down a small incline... and right into a snowdrift. Great. As she wriggled around, she found herself stuck. She wriggled and thrashed some more to no avail. Oh, fox-dung.

It took a lot of thrashing and a lot of threats toward the snowdrift she was stuck in, but Violetfreckle made it out, shaking off the extra snow. StarClan above, she was soaked to the bone and her teeth chattered. No more distractions; she gritted her teeth and made her way to camp.