Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: RiverClan Floodstone

[CENTER]
Quote:
Originally Posted by occultation View Post
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="3"][announcement]
Plenty of cats stepped up to offer their opinions. Initially, several cats questioned his readiness to believe Twilightstar's words. Can't they see that she has no reason to lie? WindClan had plenty of reasons to be furious with RiverClan; they didn't need to lie about who murdered Fallownose to justify a war. Their deputy being killed by a RiverClan cat was justification enough.

He chose to ignore the attempts of a few to argue against his decision to blame the entire Clan for their predicament; if they weren't willing to take accountability for their part in the deterioration of RiverClan, he wasn't going to waste his breath trying to convince them. They had more important things to be concerned with.

Fadingsun wasn't entirely sure what to expect; Dusklion's popularity had ebbed and flowed since her outburst at the meeting a couple of moons ago. A couple of cats began calling for her exile, while a few others called for her to remain. Many chose to remain silent or to outright leave the meeting.

Eventually, his sister decided to speak. As she admitted to her crimes, Fadingsun had to resist the urge to give a pointed "I told you so" look towards those who had questioned his choice to believe Twilightstar. Honestly, did some cats in this Clan really think he of all cats would want to pin such a crime on his own sister without good reason?

Based on her account, it seemed like Fallownose's paws weren't entirely clean. He certainly didn't deserve death, and his actions on the border weren't a justification for Dusklion's decisions. But she didn't seem to see it that way. She, too, expressed a desire for the Clan's opinions.

There were still some calls for her demotion, but the majority opinion was in favor of his decision to maintain her rank. Slowly, the issue at paw began drifting towards fears of war; seeing this as a good opportunity to wrap this meeting up, Fadingsun signaled for the discussion to end.

"I think the Clan has made it quite clear where the majority opinion stands. Dusklion will remain as RiverClan's deputy. However, I do feel that it's fair and reasonable for certain repercussions to come from her decision. Fallownose may have been making an ass of himself, but that doesn't mean he deserved death. Until further notice, Dusklion, you're forbidden from going anywhere near the WindClan border. In addition, if anything like this ever happens again, or if I find out you're keeping secrets that threaten the Clan's safety again, you will be demoted."

Shifting his gaze from Dusklion to the wider Clan, he continued, "I know some of you are not happy with the decision to keep Dusklion as our deputy. But the decision has been made; if you don't want to serve in a Clan with her as deputy, then you're more than welcome to leave. If you stay, however, I expect that this decision will be respected. We've said what needs to be said; now we need to move on and focus on what lies ahead. As for the warriors who tortured a WindClan apprentice, I will begin looking into that immediately; when they are found, they will be handled."

"We are past a point of no return with WindClan. Twilightstar requested to speak with Dawnstar and Bumblestar after the Gathering; if my intuition is correct, I think she's attempting to convince them to launch a three-Clan invasion against us. If that happens, and at this point it seems more like a when and not an if, we will be forced to flee our territory. I will not have us standing our ground in a battle we are destined to lose."

He paused for a moment, trying to settle the queasiness that was beginning to arise in his stomach. "I feel that launching a full three-Clan assault on us is taking it too far; if Twilightstar goes through with this plan, our relations with WindClan will be tarnished for as long as she remains in power. RiverClan has made many grave mistakes and decisions; we deserve war, we deserve to lose territory, but we do not deserve to be driven from our home."

Whether RiverClan could ever come to peaceful terms with ShadowClan or ThunderClan after all this was over, only time would tell. Perhaps he could negotiate some sort of agreement with Bumblestar to leave RiverClan alone, once hostilities had settled. Not because he liked her - far from it - but because he needed to protect this Clan. For now, however, they needed to focus on surviving.

"I'm not going to honey-coat it. These next few moons will more than likely be very, very difficult. Now more than ever, we need to stick together and put our differences aside. Differing opinions don't mean dung if we're all dead. This is RiverClan's final test; if we fail, we will lose this Clan." There was a grave seriousness to his tone, more so than ever before.

"Preparations need to begin immediately. Bumblestar has allowed RiverClan the opportunity to take Cattail Pond back, if we can handle the badgers supposedly residing there. I've decided to allow the territory to return to the outskirts; I'm not going to waste lives and herbs on territory that's more than likely going to be stolen again when this war happens. I do want patrols sent to the area regularly to ensure the badgers haven't moved into our own territory.

"I will be running an evacuation drill very soon, so we can practice fleeing our camp. When the time comes, there are a few things that need to be prioritized over anything else. Specifically, protecting our kits, medicine cats, and herbs. An effective evacuation is an organized one. In keeping with that, I've selected some of you to fill certain roles when this evacuation comes along."

He had confidence that these cats would step up and do what needed to be done, when the inevitable came. "Cherryswirl, Talonpaw, Adderpaw, Duskleaf, and Starlingflight. I want the five of you focusing on defending the nursery. We need an open window for the queens and other cats to get the kits out of the nursery; you'll help give them that window.

"Redmire and Seabreeze, I want the two of you acting as Berrypaw's guards during the evacuation. Garlicfeather and Mudsmoke, you'll act as Mistyshard's guards. Do not leave their side for a second; we need our medicine cats now more than ever. All of you are capable, dedicated warriors; I trust all of you to do this.

"Eaglepaw, Cobwebpaw, Rainpaw, Bearsnout, and Stagheart, the five of you will be helping Mistyshard and Berrypaw escape with as many of our herbs as possible. Herbs will be one of our lifelines; we cannot allow our attackers to destroy them all."

Fadingsun took a deep, slightly shaky breath. If anyone has any concerns or questions, you may see me in my den later. If you weren't given a specific job, then your job is to help the young, weak, and old in this Clan flee. We are not going to be able to fight off all three Clans at once; whatever fighting you do, it should be to buy others the chance to escape. When this evacuation comes, we will all convene at the abandoned Twoleg nest where the Lionheart search event was held."

Looking down at his sister, he continued, "Dusklion, I want to speak to you out in the territory." To the rest of the Clan, he said, "And I don't want to catch anyone following us and eavesdropping. You have much more important things to be doing right now."

With that, he leapt off the Floodstone and headed out of camp, expecting Dusklion to follow.

"Right so it seems no matter what the cats who actually done nothing wrong and tried their damnest are still the worst and must be lumped up with all the others such as apprentice torturers. This doesn't inspire the good to keep trying if they won't be recognized." Adderpaw let out in a defeated sigh. She wished that there was some way that she could take a break from it all. Leaving the clan wasn't what she wanted, what she wanted was to be able to jump into some kind of lake and just experience nothingness for a few days to reset her mind. But she had to work. She had to be the supercat yet be seen as like the worst of the worst. Right, she was so inspired right now.

"To be the devil's advocate here Fadingsun, and to say nothing against the job I was assigned, if we are already so ready to flee our rightful home at the sigh of the other clan's coming for our bleeding pelts.. Shouldn't we just move right now? Even if we have an evacuation planned, cats will die, cats will be maimed. Why not avoid it all entirely?" She proposed

"Of course I'd actually rather stay here to fight to my dying breath and will take the job of protecting the kits and queens proudly. I figure you might want to hear other ideas." Given how Fadingsun was thinking that all the cats were the same as everyone else she had little faith that Fadingsun would just think that was how she really felt. Felt like a coward. No she honestly wanted to kill every single one of those cats that spoke fowl of her clan herself, but knew that was impossible. She'd have to killed the entire darkforest infest forest.

And he was leaving, well whatever.
Old May 18th, 2024, 01:05 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post

— STAGHEART —

very large & muscular light brown tabby tom with stark greenish-blue eyes and a torn ear; beefed up tier 1

[ riverclan warrior | tomcat | 50 moons | gruff & battle-hardened, yet thoughtful; loyal to a fault ]

[ooh i absolutely do not mind at all!! i already luv bear's character <3]

Stagheart was lost in his own thoughts when Bearsnout approached. Blinking out of his anticipation, he turned to the large tom, remembering his efforts in the beaver extermination event. He had grown to respect the younger warrior from that, seeing a lot of promise in his strength and drive. Those were the kinds of warriors that RiverClan needed to thrive once more.

"Bearsnout,"
he greeted with a nod; it was a friendly one, though you couldn't really tell that well with the way his entire body was tense and his fur bristled. Obviously his curtness wasn't for his Clanmate, but for the terrible news dropped at the Gathering that he'd now have to share.

"Fadin'sun's gonna get right to it, I bet," he murmured, trying to keep his voice below the assembling Clanmates' babble. "But it ain't nothin' good. WindClan told us of a few more... things our Clan has done that we didn't know 'bout, true or not, in front of everyone. Then she goes askin' Bumblestar 'n Dawnstar to see her after... I reckon we're on the verge of war real soon. Maybe with more than one Clan." The last part he muttered darkly, the distant yet blazing look in his eye speaking the rest.

Right as he finished speaking, Fadingsun's yowl silence the Clan. Stagheart snapped his jaw shut and turned to his leader, still sitting beside Bearsnout. Immediately Stagheart felt dread and anger both return, boiling like a hot spring in his belly. So the leader believed Twilightstar! If he did... did that mean Dusklion told him? Surely Fadingsun wouldn't think his sister would do such a thing without her confession?

He nodded to Redmire's words — she was absolutely right. And he didn't want to say it, but how could they be responsible for the other cats' actions? Nobody listened to any old warrior. He tilted up his chin, eyes narrowed as he searched for a reaction from Dusklion. So far, it looked like the dark tabby had her head tilted down, avoiding looks from everyone. She wasn't defending herself.

So if it's true...

He was conflicted. Part of him felt hollow at the premise that their own deputy killed another — had it been an accident, or an incident in cold blood? Was it self-defense or an intentional murder? Regardless, WindClan's deputy was dead. And he could wholeheartedly agree with Fadingsun on the point about their own deputy's position.

Stagheart briefly stood up; he never spoke at meetings, never saw the point. But this time, Fadingsun was actually looking and asking for responses. He was a senior warrior, after all; surely they'd want his opinion. And the last thing he wanted to see was the deputy he'd already grown to respect and follow be kicked out in the state they were in. They needed all paws available.

"I'd like to hear Dusklion's side," he meowed firstly, his gruff drawl sounding strange to him as it rang out into the air. "But... regardless, Fadin'sun is right. We can't get rid of our strength, our leadership, when we're just now startin' to turn things around... or, at least, tryin' to. I don't see Dusklion as the type of warrior to murder in bloodlust — maybe she was attacked? Self-defense? An accident? Whatever it was, she's been strong, loyal, 'n gets things done 'round here. That's what we need — not more position hoppin'. Not more instability. And definitely not more warriors who only complain 'n do next to nothin' for the Clan they swore an oath to."

He let his stark blue eyes, tinged with green, survey the assembled cats. The sight of the baffled, tattered Clan was enough to move him — and he didn't feel things like that too easily.

"I live for this Clan, and I'd happily die for this Clan. I have faith that our high ranks are tryin' to do the right thing, 'n that they'll have a plan to get us out of this mess. We all need to believe that, or we got nothin'." He had to trust in that. Or else, he wouldn't have much left but to go down with them.

With a huff he sat back down, hoping his words would reach some proverbial deaf ears.

Bearsnout
28 Moons || RiverClan Warrior || He/Him
Beefed Up Tier 1 || . . .
The Gentle Giant
. . .

Bearsnout paused, listening quietly to Stagheart's explanation, and then Fadingsun's. Seemed like that dreadful feeling he'd has was justified. They were absolutely in deep trouble. So Twilightstar and WindClan hated them because Dusklion killed Fallownose? He frowned at all of the news from Dusklion and Fadingsun. He was starting to regret not attending the Gathering.

Dusklion was certainly regretting her decision it seemed. While he certainly didn't approve of her actions, he understood that she had a reason to it, at least some sort of reason. Even if it was foolish. She was also a good leader and a fiercely loyal member of RiverClan. They needed a stable deputy right now. They needed Dusklion. It seemed the majority of the Clan agreed too, and Bearsnout wouldn't have anything to say that wasn't already said by the others, so he just nodded along and listened. Stagheart and Redmire had good points. Most of his Clanmates agreed to let her stay.

Fadingsun's next announcement really made him grow a pit in his stomach. The other Clans were preparing for an all out war on RiverClan. His ears flattened as he heard and his heartrate shot up. This was to be expected. He'd anticipated this for a while. But that didn't stop the feeling of dread that he had. Everybody hated RiverClan at the moment and the Clan itself wasn't doing too hot. They needed to get stronger. Bearsnout needed to get stronger. He felt a pang in his heart at the thought of his home destroyed and the lives of his Clanmates lost in battle. He would fight to his death if he had to protect his home.

But it seemed Fadingsun had other ideas. Fadingsun tasked him to be on the team for herbs. Oh. Alright. That was fine too. He would certainly do his best to get as much herbs as he could for Mistyshard and Berrypaw. War wasn't all about fighting and killing, but trying to prevent others from being killed. Rescuing herbs was a valiant task. And Bearsnout was certainly up for it.

He turned to Stagheart and offered him a half smile, despite the dread that he felt. They'd have to keep a positive attitude and a good head on their shoulders if RiverClan was going to get through this. "Looks like you and me are gonna go help retrieve herbs when the time comes." He commented. He wasn't sure what else to say, but he added in, "Guess we'll have to start preparing for this war as soon as possible. We have to remain strong in the face of this threat.'

. . .

sorry for a late and long reply!

Last edited by chickadee; May 18th, 2024 at 04:03 PM.
Old May 18th, 2024, 03:16 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Eaglepaw
RiverClan
she/her | 8 moons | 75/100
[Golden and white tuxedo tabby with green eyes]
Purrks: Dreamwalker, Herbal Knowledge T2
· · ────────────── · ·
[Dusklion - @taillow ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Eaglepaw had not come back home with the rest of the clan after the Gathering. Instead, the apprentice had wandered Lionsbeach aimlessly, staring out over the ocean and wondering if there was land beyond the waves. Land far, far away from here and the horrible cats she had been brought to. A dark part of the apprentice wanted to blame Rushwater for bringing her to this poor excuse of a community and then promptly abandoning her in it twice. But no, he had been let down by this clan just like she had. After everything she had found out relating to Rushwater and his disappearance, she had to wonder if someone in RiverClan had been the one to kill him. Simply another thing that made this clan unforgivable.

Eventually, the chill of the night worked its way under her thick fur, and exhaustion prickled at her paws. Whether she wanted to or not, it was time to go back to camp. No one had noticed her absence, and while normally that would have irritated her that they couldn't keep an eye out for apprentices, she was actually glad this time. She didn't want any trouble, she just wanted a walk.

Slipping silently into camp was easier than she thought. Cats were shouting up at Fadingsun, who stood on the Floodstone. Ah, it seemed she had missed a meeting. She knew what it was about though. Cats were calling for Dusklion's demotion, exile, death, even for her remaining as deputy. Eaglepaw settled down at the edge of the crowd, watching with dull eyes. She did not care if Dusklion was demoted or not. She did not care about the fate of this clan.

Oh, but stars, she really did. Moons spent pretending that Fadingsun's orders made sense to her, pretending that Fogmuzzle's death and mutilation had been necessary... it was taking its toll on her. She cared so much about this stupid clan and the cats in it who actually tried to make it better. Now, based on Fadingsun's words... they were done.

RiverClan was to be driven out of the forest, and they were simply going to allow it to happen. Eaglepaw stared up at her mentor, a whimper building in the back of her throat. So this was it. Who knew when or if they were going to be coming back.

Eaglepaw barely reacted when she heard her name called. Helping Mistyshard and Berrypaw with herbs, then. Sure. She would carry the herbs of a dying clan to wherever their exile would be. Not that they would matter in the end.

The meeting was over, Dusklion was still deputy, RiverClan was running away, and Eaglepaw wished she had walked into the ocean when she had the chance.

The apprentice pushed herself to her paws, padding over to the apprentice den without a word. She passed Dusklion on her way. She hadn't been here to hear whatever the deputy had said in defense of herself, but based on the lack of cats trying to kill her right now, it had to be good. Eaglepaw didn't know how she felt about Dusklion anymore. The maine coon merely met her gaze for a moment before slipping off to disappear into sleep.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old May 18th, 2024, 07:35 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Status: ON VACATION UNTIL JUNE 4TH - will reply to all when i'm back <3
Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Cheerful

— STAGHEART —

very large & muscular light brown tabby tom with stark greenish-blue eyes and a torn ear; beefed up tier 1

[ riverclan warrior | tomcat | 50 moons | gruff & battle-hardened, yet thoughtful; loyal to a fault ]

Stagheart was considering replying directly to Starlingflight's points — he could agree with some, after all, but just didn't see what good Dusklion's demotion would really do in all this. But some more cats piped up, and then Fadingsun began to speak once more.

Stagheart listened as Fadingsun's words went deeper and deeper, confirming that he shared Stagheart's (and others') suspicions. An all-out war, RiverClan against all the others. He'd felt it in his heart, just from the way Twilightstar had called out to Bumble and Dawn at the Gathering — but hearing it from the leader's own lips placed the dread back in his stomach. Cold determination settled in him and the warrior flexed his claws into the dirt, wanting to defend his Clan at all costs.

Herb duty? He could do that — it would just put him closer to Berrypaw, his adoptive daughter of sorts, and allow him to make sure she was safe. Redmire and Seabreeze being her bodyguards? He could agree with that as well — they were strong, capable warriors.

But... they were really being driven out? Just like that? Part of him ached at the thought — this had been his home for many moons now, and he always believed a Clan should fight for its territory. But... he wasn't dense enough to overlook Fadingsun's clear reasoning. War from not only one Clan, but three? RiverClan, as big as it was, wouldn't stand a chance. That was too many numbers, too much bloodshed. Everyone would be killed if they stayed.

As much as he was willing to lay down his life for his Clan, it'd mean nothing if everyone winded up dead. Trying to stubbornly stay in place only meant more warriors dead and disorganized scattering. It was counterintuitive to his loyalty to simply let the territory go... and yet it also made the most sense. He didn't like it, but had to agree in the end.

Stagheart struggled with this thought for awhile, only brought of it when he heard Bearsnout's words. Glancing over at the warrior, he noticed the forced smile through the clear dread that had settled over the Clan like a cloud.
Bearsnout was trying to put on a brave face, and Stagheart could try to commend the sentiment... though he didn't much see the point. No use in attempting to smile if there wasn't a reason.

"...Guess so," Stagheart sighed, wrapping his tail around his paws. "I ain't ever seen somethin' like this... three Clans drivin' out one? I know we've been doin' wrong, but to make us lose our home..." He frowned. He couldn't make sense of it, not with the values that Clans swore to — wasn't driving an entire Clan out against some sort of code they held dear? — but it did no use to wallow in it. Shaking the thought from his head, he nodded again to Bearsnout's words. "But... you're right. We need to focus on gettin' ready. I don't imagine they'll just let us run free — they'll want blood... 'n revenge," he added darkly, digging his claws into the dirt below.

Then he heard his apprentice's voice call out to the leader. Stagheart glanced down at Willowpaw, attempting a halfhearted smile for her enthusiasm. "I 'preciate you wantin' to help us too, Willowpaw. But Fadin'sun's got us assigned to different jobs. We need you helpin' get out the young, weak, 'n old — just like he said. That's important, too. You gotta make sure you use all that I've taught ya, alright? 'N I'll teach ya some more, too... I want ya to be ready to defend yourself when the time comes."

The thought of what the driven, vengeful enemy warriors could to do his apprentice... RiverClan would be terribly outnumbered, there was no way to ensure she wouldn't get cornered by some brute of a warrior. And they'd all be out for blood... would they try to kill even the young cats, like Willowpaw and Berrypaw?

He tried not to portray his worries at the thought, instead nodding Willowpaw off encouragingly. "You go 'n practice with the other apprentices whenever you can, alright? They'll need your strength — you're shapin' into a good fighter already."

He meant it — she'd seemed to pick up the moves he taught her quickly. He just prayed it'd be enough to save her when WindClan was at their throats...

He glanced back over at Bearsnout, the dreadful reality making his eyes glint coldly. "...We'll need good warriors like you, Bearsnout. It's all we got left to depend on... 'cause I'm thinkin' StarClan mighta left us by now."

The comment was mostly sarcastic, though part of him meant it. Stagheart had always been loyal to the faith he grew up in, but could they really allow this to happen? The mere thought of the 3v1 invasion caused bitterness to course through his veins.

Then again... how much power did StarClan have to stop this? Perhaps RiverClan was fated to this all along. To be driven out of the forest, their legacy as one of the four Clans erased from history.

With another sigh and a flick of his tail acting as his 'goodbye', Stagheart bid farewell to his Clanmates and stalked off towards the warrior den, needing to think long and hard by himself for awhile.

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Old May 18th, 2024, 08:24 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Status: I speak English, Thai, German, Korean and some others
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
— STAGHEART —

Stagheart was considering replying directly to Starlingflight's points — he could agree with some, after all, but just didn't see what good Dusklion's demotion would really do in all this. But some more cats piped up, and then Fadingsun began to speak once more.

Stagheart listened as Fadingsun's words went deeper and deeper, confirming that he shared Stagheart's (and others') suspicions. An all-out war, RiverClan against all the others. He'd felt it in his heart, just from the way Twilightstar had called out to Bumble and Dawn at the Gathering — but hearing it from the leader's own lips placed the dread back in his stomach. Cold determination settled in him and the warrior flexed his claws into the dirt, wanting to defend his Clan at all costs.

Herb duty? He could do that — it would just put him closer to Berrypaw, his adoptive daughter of sorts, and allow him to make sure she was safe. Redmire and Seabreeze being her bodyguards? He could agree with that as well — they were strong, capable warriors.

But... they were really being driven out? Just like that? Part of him ached at the thought — this had been his home for many moons now, and he always believed a Clan should fight for its territory. But... he wasn't dense enough to overlook Fadingsun's clear reasoning. War from not only one Clan, but three? RiverClan, as big as it was, wouldn't stand a chance. That was too many numbers, too much bloodshed. Everyone would be killed if they stayed.

As much as he was willing to lay down his life for his Clan, it'd mean nothing if everyone winded up dead. Trying to stubbornly stay in place only meant more warriors dead and disorganized scattering. It was counterintuitive to his loyalty to simply let the territory go... and yet it also made the most sense. He didn't like it, but had to agree in the end.

Stagheart struggled with this thought for awhile, only brought of it when he heard Bearsnout's words. Glancing over at the warrior, he noticed the forced smile through the clear dread that had settled over the Clan like a cloud.
Bearsnout was trying to put on a brave face, and Stagheart could try to commend the sentiment... though he didn't much see the point. No use in attempting to smile if there wasn't a reason.

"...Guess so," Stagheart sighed, wrapping his tail around his paws. "I ain't ever seen somethin' like this... three Clans drivin' out one? I know we've been doin' wrong, but to make us lose our home..." He frowned. He couldn't make sense of it, not with the values that Clans swore to — wasn't driving an entire Clan out against some sort of code they held dear? — but it did no use to wallow in it. Shaking the thought from his head, he nodded again to Bearsnout's words. "But... you're right. We need to focus on gettin' ready. I don't imagine they'll just let us run free — they'll want blood... 'n revenge," he added darkly, digging his claws into the dirt below.

Then he heard his apprentice's voice call out to the leader. Stagheart glanced down at Willowpaw, attempting a halfhearted smile for her enthusiasm. "I 'preciate you wantin' to help us too, Willowpaw. But Fadin'sun's got us assigned to different jobs. We need you helpin' get out the young, weak, 'n old — just like he said. That's important, too. You gotta make sure you use all that I've taught ya, alright? 'N I'll teach ya some more, too... I want ya to be ready to defend yourself when the time comes."

The thought of what the driven, vengeful enemy warriors could to do his apprentice... RiverClan would be terribly outnumbered, there was no way to ensure she wouldn't get cornered by some brute of a warrior. And they'd all be out for blood... would they try to kill even the young cats, like Willowpaw and Berrypaw?

He tried not to portray his worries at the thought, instead nodding Willowpaw off encouragingly. "You go 'n practice with the other apprentices whenever you can, alright? They'll need your strength — you're shapin' into a good fighter already."

He meant it — she'd seemed to pick up the moves he taught her quickly. He just prayed it'd be enough to save her when WindClan was at their throats...

He glanced back over at Bearsnout, the dreadful reality making his eyes glint coldly. "...We'll need good warriors like you, Bearsnout. It's all we got left to depend on... 'cause I'm thinkin' StarClan mighta left us by now."

The comment was mostly sarcastic, though part of him meant it. Stagheart had always been loyal to the faith he grew up in, but could they really allow this to happen? The mere thought of the 3v1 invasion caused bitterness to course through his veins.

Then again... how much power did StarClan have to stop this? Perhaps RiverClan was fated to this all along. To be driven out of the forest, their legacy as one of the four Clans erased from history.

With another sigh and a flick of his tail acting as his 'goodbye', Stagheart bid farewell to his Clanmates and stalked off towards the warrior den, needing to think long and hard by himself for awhile.

Willowpaw nodded to her mentors words. Worriedly glancing behind her. "Alright. See you later" Willowpaw mewed to her mentor, rubbing her muzzle on his shoulder in friendly and affectionate farewell. Willowpaw hopped over to her brother Weepingpaw, tackling him, as he fought back with accurate strikes she used the move she'd learned from Stagheart, leaping on her brothers back and pinning him down

"If this moment is our wave. Dont' be afraid, face it with more strength"
- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur @/Hollyheart of thunder

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old May 18th, 2024, 11:21 PM

Bump Policy: After a week!
My Mood: Busy

Pigeonpelt

The warrior nodded her head thoroughly. She believed that Dusklion was one respected and good leader, and she definitely should continue as a deputy. Once everything settles down and goes back to normal, RiverClan would definitely accept everything. Standing up, she decided to go out hunting.

Branchpaw
The apprentice's eyes looked downwards.
Old May 19th, 2024, 11:48 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 28 moons
If her brain was wired to hold onto logic and reasoning, it would've been clear that a majority of RiverClan wanted Dusklion to remain in her position. She would've seen that she had in fact started to make a difference in this Clan, and she would be allowed to continue making a different. The small dark tabby would've heard the words spoken of her character, her loyalty, her drive for the Clan.

But instead, it was the opposing voices that she heard the clearest.

The first to speak was Starlingflight. Dusklion turned to look at the older warrior, dismay and regret showing in her eyes as she spoke for demotion. The older warrior wanted a cat without blood on their claws to lead RiverClan. If logic and reasoning were present, the deputy would've been confused as to why this didn't have her older Clanmate also calling for Fades' demotion. But perhaps logic and reasoning didn't consider the order that her brother had given her at the last meeting. Perhaps these cats didn't remember how she hadn't dragged the execution out and instead chose to ignore that in favor of a quick death (Talonpaw's acts still rang in her mind. Her fault.) Even the words of encouragement that Starlingflight spoke were lost amongst the sea of "I don't think you'd ever make a good deputy" that Dusk felt coming from the warrior.

And maybe she was right...

Twigstep spoke next, and it... It wasn't the misgendering that she minded - she frankly didn't care about any of that, or what cats called her (read: she did). If logic and reasoning were present, Dusklion would've scoffed and roared about how she would never bring harm to a Clanmate unless it was necessary, like Fogmuzzle or Appleberrry. But it wasn't and so the words were taken to heard. She was a killer. That is all her Clan would ever see. Not her good deeds, not her accomplishments. She would be defined by this mistake, this accident, for the rest of her life.

Rosehawk's gesturing to the sea next to her was passed over in favor of the deputy's ears searching for the next voice. The murmur of acceptance was dulled until she found it; Wrenpaw. It wasn't exactly a call for demotion more as... a call for how RiverClan didn't care. They didn't care to have this discussion, which means they didn't care about the results, which means they just... didn't care. Dusklion tried to keep the hurt from her eyes, and in doing so it morphed into understanding. She wasn't RiverClan anymore. She wasn't even a warrior in their eyes, let alone a deputy. Why should they care?

Deceptive. Starlingflight was speaking again and Dusklion watched with a numb expression as she continued on. She was deceptive. Her tears were fake, her loyalty an exaggeration. In all honestly with each word the deputy felt her mind telling her to leave. That it would be the right thing; step down, allow those who would be a better option (Starlingflight) to serve as deputy under her brother. Guilty. She was guilty. She was guilty. Why was this a vote, again? Why hadn't she just stepped down and left? Why bring the Clan's opinions into it when it was so glaring obvious they didn't care for her? "I'm not tryin' to save..." the deputy began, but her voice was so quiet that it was trampled underneath Starlingflight and the others. It didn't matter, either way; the older warrior was right.

They didn't want her. RiverClan didn't want her. Not wanted.

A new voice spoke, and this one ignited guilt deep within the deputy. A father who had lost his daugh- no, who had watched his daughter be ruthlessly killed by Dusklion. The threats Fogmuzzle had made towards Wrenpaw, the gleam in her eyes and the way she had her claws out and was gazing around wildly and how the deputy had taken that as a sign she planned to carry out with them. Fades might've ordered it, but that didn't matter; Dusk alone was responsible for that kill. Taking that life. It came as no surprise that Eveningthaw now called for her execution. She'd let him do it, too. If that was the last parting gift she could give to RiverClan, she'd do it. Let them take her life. Starlingflight, Twigstep, Wrenpaw, Eveningthaw. They could all take a piece of her, because the deputy was certain they wanted to rip her apart just as she had allowed Talonpaw to do to Fogmuzzle. She was no different than her slain victim; what bigger threat to RiverClan was there than their very own deputy?

Swirls. Blue eyes snapped over to the warrior as Dusklion gazed at her, eyes desperate and begging. Surely she would understand. She would come to her defense, and she would make everything better. Swirls had saved her life once - she could do it again, right?

Wrong.

Doesn't matter. She doesn't matter to Swirls. If logic and reasoning were here, Dusklion would've heard that the older warrior she looked up to had meant that this conversation didn't matter. But Wrenpaw had already said that, and the deputy didn't need to listen twice when she knew the outcome already. She was just wasting their time - with this discussion, with being the Clan's deputy... This was her fault. WindClan could very well be making their way here, and RiverClan would fall because of her.

Even the kits... Dusklion didn't miss the glare that Juniperkit sent her way as she scanned the crowd for more words that would be the start of her downfall. It hurt. Kits didn't trust her. Apprentices didn't trust her. Warriors didn't trust her. Fades... Fades didn't trust her. That revelation had been what started this dread. As the deputy watched the kit cuddle closer to Berrypaw, Dusklion felt something shift. It was quiet, and if her senses hadn't been dulled she would've missed it. A little piece of her carefully guarded heart - chipping. Falling. Shattering.

Her brothers words were barely heard as she turned to look at him - though her gaze was dull and lifeless. She wasn't sure what was happening, but her body felt like it was on autopilot. All she could do as her punishment was delivered was nod. Her words meant nothing to this Clan, as did her copious amounts of good, if all they chose to see was the bad. Her. She was bad. Perhaps if she were more coherent she would've snarled and shot back at her brother as he let go of Cattail Pond, the place she and many others had learned to swim, a place that was so entangled within their Clan that no matter who controlled the territory, Dusklion was certain a thin layer of RiverClan scent would always linger.

"Dusklion."

Her brother calling for her snapped her out off her thoughts. Without saying a word the deputy rose to her paws - huh, she still couldn't feel them; had they been like that since leaving the gathering? - and started after her brother. Each step felt both wrong and right. Wrong because whatever semblance of understanding her and Fades had regained had been shattered by his decision to not trust in her. Right because... this was the last time she'd be in RiverClan's camp.

But... death at her brother's claws. There were worse ways to go, she supposed.

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; May 23rd, 2024 at 09:51 PM.
Old May 19th, 2024, 12:14 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 28 moons
Well... That was unexpected. Dusklion glanced down at the apprentice who had stepped in between her and Fades. Most of his words were in one ear and out the other. "...Go back to the apprentices den, kid." She didn't have the energy for more words. Stepping around the young tom the deputy ducked out of the camp entrance and into the territory after her brother.

[ Grimpaw - @Goopysharkboi ]
[ dusklion has left the meeting. ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old May 19th, 2024, 12:16 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Grimpaw reluctantly obeyed.
[Grimpaw has left the group chat]
Old May 19th, 2024, 12:37 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

[ Do not use Clanwide Mentions w/o High Rank Permission!!

Any posts containing Clanwide mentions that have not been given permission will be removed effective immediately.]

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us