Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Mourning Ruins
by elio
Last post by nyme
Today 10:36 PM
StarClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Rose
Today 10:32 PM
QUARANTINE!!
by dino.
Last post by Fish
Today 10:32 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 10:29 PM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 10:27 PM

Old March 14th, 2024, 01:45 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Asleep

Default before they make me run. [p]

tansy
she/her // 16 moons // outsider
purrks: herbal knowledge tier 1 and 2, agatha kitty, just a scratch

---

Two moons. It had been two moons since she had run away. And what a stupid idiot she had been, doing that. But leave it to stupid idiot Tansy to make a decision like she had. Took all the herbs and ran. As if that was going to help anything. Prove anything. Was she bitter? Angry? Yes, she was! Everything that had happened that day sent her into a panic worse than she had ever experienced in her life. The labored sobbing and vomiting she had suffered through once she was completely alone was one of the worst moments of her life. But maybe the time alone was something she needed to recollect herself. To find herself again.

Sitting at the border of clan territory, she idly hums and draws shapes into the dirt with a claw. They mean nothing. Just like everything now. On her own she had gained a bit of weight from the skeleton she had been but it still meant nothing. She had nothing. She was nothing.

A noise makes her ear twitch and she's immediately on her paws, bristling and baring her teeth at the approaching presence. Hopefully not another rogue trying to pick a fight with her. In her time she had held her own but she was getting tired of fighting off others to sit or hunt in peace. It was like she couldn't catch a break, even now!

"Get lost! I don't want no trouble!"

adderpaw | @Fish
Old March 14th, 2024, 02:13 PM
Adderstrike, my darling..

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: before they make me run. [p]

Adderpaw
Determined ⋆ Loyal ⋆ Lawful Good ⋆ She/Her ⋆ Beefed Up T3
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”
@silver.

Adderpaw was hurting. Adderpaw was aching. Adderpaw was just so angry. After taking quite the tumble during her time in the rugged range she had to go to the medicine cat den. That was what her patrol mates wanted of her but that was just too bad wasn't it?

The medicine cat den was an utter mess. There were so many cats scrambling around with half an idea what a herb was. Adderpaw could do so much of a better job than those helpers it left her in a very bitter mood. Unfortunately for her she couldn't really reach her hind leg that well, so she would have to do the next best thing. Find a real medicine cat.

It was easy. What was easy you may ask? Sneaking out of that damned den. There was far too many cats running around trying to help each other or fighting over who knew better than Adderpaw just walked out the entrance. Sneaking away from her clanmates was a little harder, but with care she was able to slip away from their noses and peering eyes. A part of her wondered if sneaking around was really necessary or she could have just walked out and no one would notice. Probably.

The angered apprentice knew where she was going now that she was free from the camp. She was heading straight for the outskirts. There was no fear in this little heart as she went on, reason being she felt like she was unkillable given all that happened to her. Or maybe it was just the rage.

Coming upon the outskirt she went out on a hope. On a wish. Maybe this time she would be able to find Tansy. There was no stopping this time, or crying off on her own. What did that get her? No one came to find her or cared that she had left. So who cared how long Adderpaw was gone. Another thing... She felt like no one even tried hard enough to find where Tansy had gone off to, like they couldn't have cared.

Adderpaw cared. She was going to care till she died.

After a few hours of searching she was getting tired but she pushed herself for a little bit longer. Blessed was she for doing this as she heard a voice hiss out at her. She jumped a little but she didn’t get ready for a fight. The voice she knew.. “Tansypaw?” Adderpaw said softly. This couldn't be real..
Old March 14th, 2024, 02:59 PM
silly little guy

tansy

---

That name sends a shiver down her spine. One that she hadn't heard in moons. After she had abandoned her clan she had removed the suffix from her name. Honestly she didn't really deserve to keep the name 'Tansy', either, but otherwise she would really have nothing. Her name was all she had, no matter how tarnished it had become. Anyway, when the sound of her name stops echoing through her ears the image of Adderpaw becomes clearer, she's sure she looks like an idiot. Chocolate hues blown wide and mouth parted in awe, she stares silently at the other molly for what feels like an eternity.

And maybe it was. Maybe this wasn't real-- had she finally started to hallucinate or something? Maybe she was dehydrated. But no matter how many times she blinked the image was still there. It was real, wasn't it? She had been found and part of her was terrified that the first thing she was going to be met with was anger. And scorn. Not that she would blame Adderpaw for greeting her with the suffering she has very obviously been going through but the last thing she needed was to be reminded of her stupid decisions.

"... Y-Yeah."

It's all she can manage to squeak out. All of a sudden the sound of her own voice feels like it's grating her throat. Don't start crying, you pathetic little creature! Don't show weakness now! Tansy was capable and strong and could obviously manage all on her own in the wilderness... Right?

adderpaw | @Fish

Old March 14th, 2024, 03:09 PM

Adderpaw
@silver.

Adderpaw couldn't believe that she was seeing Tansypaw right now. Did she fall asleep at some point. It felt like time had crawled to a stop. Heart beating heavy. Why was she feeling like this.

The apprentice bit her cheek to snap herself back to reality, to stop gawking. If this was a dream why not continue dreaming? "I.." The tabby was at a lost of words to say. She was very angry but it wasn't at Tansypaw. No it was the lack of someone who could actually care for her. With no place to put this intense emotional energy her body resorted to emotional self defense. Tears.

"Tansypaw.." She choked out in sobs before she went over to try and bury her head into her old friends shoulder. At this moment she didn't even think about how much her leg was hurting her right now. "Tansypaw.." She repeated trying to find words to explain anything but she was stuck on repeat.
Old March 14th, 2024, 03:25 PM
silly little guy

tansy

---

Not the reaction she was expecting. Honestly, she thinks she'd rather deal with anger than this. What was she supposed to do when someone else was crying? Looking for comfort she didn't have to give? Ugh! She didn't miss social interaction one bit in her time away! When Adderpaw collides with her, burying her face into her pelt, she tenses, eyes still wide and jaw still slack. The torbie doesn't know what to do. Doesn't know how to make it better. So she just sits in her spot and lets Adderpaw cry into her and sob out her name. The sound of it twists her heart with guilt.

Heaving out a sigh, she lets her short tail wrap around the other molly in some attempt to support her through her overwhelming feelings. It feels all too familiar. Doing this. A bit unwelcome, sure, but not foreign. Glancing about anxiously for whatever patrol was going to appear behind the apprentice, she speaks quietly.

"Yeah, it's me. Ya don't gotta cry, it's alright... 'm fine."

adderpaw | @Fish
Old March 14th, 2024, 03:55 PM

Adderpaw
@silver.

Shaking out a few more sobs Adderpaw looked up to Tansypaw with blurry eyes. "I was so worried about you.." She manged to tremble out as her nerves were still high. Tears were still escaping her, but she was able to speak now. Any amount of comfort was helpful at this moment in time.

Having time to calm down just a little she remembered the whole reason for coming out here to begin with. She looked to her right hind leg before lowering her ears in shame. "I don't trust em.." She mumbled out before she showed her hurt leg. There was the obvious marks of snake fangs. Less obvious was the hairline fracture, this would require Adderpaw to describe the amount of pain she actually was in. "...Sorry for putting this on you.." She muttered.

Only now did Adderpaw realize how this was unfair to all place on Tansy all of the sudden. She didn't take the time to ask how Tansy was really. How was she doing out on her own without the clan. Was she stressed? Did she find other friends out here? Did she see the horrible twoleg beast? Was she eating well? Adderpaw felt very selfish in this moment, but it was too late to take it back now. She would just have to make up for that after being cared for.

Oh stars above she needed to be more thoughtful.

Last edited by Fish; March 14th, 2024 at 03:56 PM.
Old March 14th, 2024, 04:43 PM
silly little guy

tansy

---

Ah. So that was it.

Riverclan was most likely still fumbling after her departure. She doesn't even want to think about the amount of cats that have fallen ill or died because of her. Ears also laying flat against the top of her head she eyes the bite with no real reaction upon her face. Whether she was stressed or angry or upset Adderpaw would never know. The only one that needed to know was Tansy and it would stay locked up tight. Sighing quietly to herself she nods and recounts her knowledge. Her moons of training. Before pulling away and beginning to take a few steps out into the wilderness before thinking to look over her shoulder.

"I'll be back. Hang tight."

And without so much as another noise she slips off toward the two leg dens that weren't that far off.

A snake bite. Something she had never dealt with before. Would burdock root help the bite just like a rat bite? The snake hopefully wasn't venomous... Burdock root, cobwebs, oak leaves, and then some damp moss... Yeah, that should be good. So off she goes to search. Which takes her quite a while-- the sun begins to set by the time she returns to where she had left Adderpaw. To which she offers an apology muffled before getting to work.

Silently she cleans at the bite with the moss in attempt to scrape away any crusted blood or setting infection. As she cleans, she's chewing up the oak leaf and burdock root in her mouth to get together a poultice to apply to the wound. Chewed thoroughly it's pressed into the wound and secured with the small wad of cobweb at her side. Second nature to her at this point she had worked quickly. Efficiently. Doesn't even bother to look it over and opts to look at Adderpaw's face instead.

"How's it feel? Anything else hurtin'?"

adderpaw | @Fish
Old March 14th, 2024, 05:25 PM

Adderpaw
@silver.

Awful. That was how Adderpaw felt. Hopefully Tansy didn't think poorly of Adderpaw for coming out here to seek help. "Alright." Adderpaw said softly as she watched the other cat walk off.

While she did ache Adderpaw did come out for such a long trek that she just couldn't help it. Sleep had taken over for a little while. The sound of something approaching quickly woke up the apprentice. Despite knowing there was a friend out here her instincts were on a hair pin trigger. Anything could be out here to harm her. When she saw it was Tansy she relaxed. A soft, short purr escaped her.

"Thank you Tansy.. I.. It hurts to stand on it. Like a lot a lot." Adderpaw said she stood up but did not put any weight on the broken and bitten leg. "I think that's just the snake bite but I also did hit a rock.." Adderpaw winced remembering the events at rugged range. It might be a while before she would want to go back to that spot despite her love for it.

"Also I didn't ask... How have you been out here? No trouble so far? Plump prey scurrying around?" She asked while wondering what herbs were going to be used on her. Adderpaw would have loved to be able to have helped Tansy in the medicine den. Though she would have to have become an apprentice to do that. Then again she would have been able to spend a lot of time with Tansy. A soft purr escaped her before she could manage to suppress it.

Maybe once she was done being treated it would be a good time to talk about more personal matters.
Old March 14th, 2024, 06:13 PM
silly little guy

tansy

---

Here comes the small talk. She had been dreading it, even if she had known it was going to come along sooner or later. When Adderpaw speaks of her pain the young healer nods along to her words in understanding, clocking each and every symptom so she can try to diagnose the issue. Hit a rock... If anything there would be something internal. She hadn't been taught how to mend broken bones-- though nothing looked broken from what she could tell could there be some kind of damage to the bone inside? It was a decent guess-- rocks were hard and could definitely do a number on a leg if hit hard enough...

Scanning the nearby area, she tries to think of how to help. The bone shouldn't move if it's hurt, right? If she can keep it from moving and keep pressure on it then it should help, right? Pawing over a nearby stick, she chews at it until it's able to break with the weight of her paws, effectively making it the size she wants.

"I've been fine. I can take care'a myself. I got my huntin' and fightin' training in before I left so..." Prey has been pretty plentiful by the two-leg dens, just like she remembered. Though fighting other loners and rogues for it hadn't exactly been easy. At least on clan territory you didn't have to fight for your food. Sizing the branch against Adderpaw's leg, she pads away for only a moment to seize some more cobweb glistening on a bush nearby so she can begin to fasten the stick to the apprentice's leg. Though she pauses when she hears the other purr. Not sure why-- perhaps it was out of gratitude for helping heal her? Who knows. "Been lonely and the two-legs are loud but it ain't somethin' I'm not used to."

adderpaw | @Fish
Old March 14th, 2024, 08:50 PM

Adderpaw
@silver.

"I beat you could beat up a group of five loners no problem." Adderpaw chuckled. She watched as Tansy worked on the stick and wondered what she was going to to with it. Once the cobwebs came over a light bulb went off in the apprentice's mind. Now it all made sense now. "Thank you Tansy but uh..." Adderpaw sighed softly as she tried what to think next about.

"I spent so long looking for you that this almost feels like a dream. Only the pain is telling me that this is real.. Its real you are here. Right in front of me and that..." She paused for a moment to gather some strength, the pain was so mentally draining "Means so much to me."

She recalled the amount of time she spent tossing and turning worrying what had happened to Tansy this whole time. Wishing that she asked to go out and spend time with Tansy more than she did. Yet, saying all of this might been too much. too much to lay upon her old friend when it seemed coming to ask for healing already weighed heavy down on her psyche. Curses. She wished she could say something. Perhaps...

Did you really want to miss this chance once again?

"Hey Tansy can I tell you something?"