Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 09:40 AM
Raptor Hunting
Last post by Tiabirb
Today 09:38 AM
new here!
Last post by redshiftreign
Today 09:32 AM
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by Frozen Reign
Today 09:31 AM
Rawsuit
by Rawsuit
Last post by Rawsuit
Today 09:29 AM

Old February 12th, 2024, 11:49 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Default herb learning pt3 [p]

Mistypaw

The scarred shecat got out of her nest and padded into the warriors' den, looking for one specific cat. She was planning to follow through with her idea to learn some herbs, because it might be fun and she could need it in the future (soon ™). She wasn't sure for what yet, but she'd fought so many battles that she just wanted to have an emergency solution if someone was seriously healed. And possibly it would come in handy some other time. Her one amber eye landed on Sweetsong and she dipped her head in greeting. "Hey Sweetsong, I was wondering if you could teach me some herbs? You know a few of them, right?"

[ @Tiabirb ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old February 12th, 2024, 12:29 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: herb learning pt3 [p]

Sweetsong
34 Moons
She/Her
Purrk(s): Herbal Knowledge T1/Flock Together T1
-----------------------------------------------------

She was up and washing her face when someone peeked into the warrior's den, and sought her out. Her head lifted, her gaze bright and inviting as Mistypaw inquired about learning some herbs from her. "Of course," Sweetsong purred, and the pale ginger and white tabby rose to her paws, and she touched her nose to Mistypaw's ear, "Come on, we'll go and talk about them while we walk. Does that sound nice?" She asked, her fluffy tail curling over her back as she slipped past Mistypaw and into the clearing.

She paused to look over her shoulder at Mistypaw, "Coming?~" She blinked warmly and padded to the camp's entrance, slipping outside. If they stumbled upon any herbs on their walk that Sweetsong did know, she could better explain.

@celeste
Old February 12th, 2024, 01:09 PM

Mistypaw

The molly was glad that Sweetsong agreed to her request and offered the warrior a soft smile. Talking about them while they walked? Oh, yes, that sounded perfect! She nodded eagerly and flicked her tail. "Yes. Thanks so much for doing this!" Then, she followed the ginger and white tabby out of camp. She'd never been exposed to the herb side of clan life before, even though her adoptive sister had been a medicine cat. However, she was happy to just learn some of the basics so that it would add on to her list of useful skills. She had a lot of battle and hunting experience, but this had always been an aspect of life she'd been wanting to explore a little. Her whiskers twitched as the slight breeze ruffled her fur, but she actually didn't mind it too much. Mistypaw was glad that leafbare was finally coming to an end. It was the worst season imaginable.

[ @Tiabirb ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

Old February 12th, 2024, 01:41 PM
KITTIES!

Sweetsong
34 Moons
She/Her
-------------------------------------------

Sweetsong strolled rather casually as camp grew further behind them, and she hummed a little tune to herself, her eyes dancing about to watch the birds sing and call to each other, dancing in their unique little ways. With a happy sigh, Sweetsong glanced down at Mistypaw, beaming, "What would you like to know? What kind of ailments are you treating? Think for a moment in your head, envision a cat and they have an illness or injury. What sort of ailment are you looking to treat in particular?" She asked, "For example, if I was envisioning a potential patient, I would see someone with a very basic injury to start with. A cut right here on their foreleg."

She poked a small paw onto Mistypaw's foreleg, just midway between wrist and elbow. "Imagine it is shallow and superficial, but it won't stop bleeding." Sweetsong smiled, "So we have a cut, and we need an herb to stop the bleeding and protect from infections. For that, we want horsetail." Sweetsong chuckled, "Horsetail is an herb found in marshlands and riverbanks, and we're very fortunate to have an abundant supply of it in our territory nearly all year round," Sweetsong explained a little more, hoping that the way she was explaining it was easy to follow. She personally found it easy to envision a patient and 'pretend' to apply what she knew..but of course she hadn't had the courage or chance to seek out an actual patient yet.

@celeste
Old February 12th, 2024, 02:11 PM

Mistypaw

The apprentice felt comfortable around Sweetsong already. The warrior appeared to live up to her name, as she was being quite sweet and nice to Mistypaw. Hm - what did she want to know and what wound was she treating? Honestly she didn't care about which herbs she learnt, she just wanted to know something, but it was a valid question. For now she supposed she only wanted to know stuff like battle wounds or really essential stuff, unless Sweetsong had something else she really wanted to teach. "Uh, I think mainly the overall stuff. Y'know, like when I'm in a battle, and I really need some emergency solution to help my clanmate? Could be life or death. But if you have anything extra to teach me, I wouldn't mind that. I'm okay with anything, just wanna add to my warrior knowledge a little and explore the medicine side of things a little. Might be useful at some point."

Right, so she should imagine a cut on someones foreleg. That didn't seem like a drastic wound, unless it got infected of course. Wait nevermind, Sweetsong mentioned it did not stop bleeding. Yeah that would definitely be a problem if it happened. The solution was horsetail. Mistypaw nodded, a concentrated look in her eyes. This was really interesting to learn about. Horsetail would stop the bleeding and prevent infections, so basically two in one. She noted it was found in riverbanks and marshlands, in case she ever needed to go look for it. There was a bunch of rivers and marshes in RiverClan, so it was technically the perfect herb for their clan. "Okay," she replied, noticing there was one important detail left out. "How does it look?"

[ @Tiabirb ]

Old February 12th, 2024, 02:31 PM
KITTIES!

Sweetsong
34 Moons
She/Her
-------------------------------------------

"How perceptive," Sweetsong purred, "Not many cats would ask what it looks like," She chuckled, "It's a reedy plant, grows in tall, large clumps, and is prickly and bristly with a fleshy stalk. It smells very pungent and crisp, like, a clean scent. We can go find some, and I'll show you how to gather and apply it into a poultice." Sweetsong suggested, but first, a pop quiz!

"Now, where would the best place in RiverClan be to find horsetail, even this late in leafbare?" She asked, her smile as patient and serene as the river on one of those beautiful greenleaf days where the water is calm and unfettered, and the breeze is gentle and pleasantly cooling and yet as if being touched by a warm embrace.

@celeste
Old February 14th, 2024, 08:18 AM

Mistypaw

She smiled a little at the praise. Alright – it grew in tall, large clusters, it was a reedy plant, and it was prickly. It also had a clean scent. She could remember that, didn't seem too hard. Ooh, Sweetsong would even show Misty how to apply it. This was very helpful. At the question, she nodded in concentration. "It was... riverbanks and marshlands, I think?" she mewed with a tip of her head.

[ @Tiabirb ]