Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Alternative Warriors Roleplay

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
RiverClan Skyridge
by BEAR.
Last post by Lightningpaw666
Today 09:50 PM
ThunderClan Medicine Cat's...
by dino.
Last post by Fish
Today 09:47 PM
Those who do not remember...
by Beaan
Last post by vellichor
Today 09:46 PM
Familiar Cattails -...
Last post by vellichor
Today 09:43 PM
RiverClan Outsider Joining
by taillow
Last post by taillow
Today 09:40 PM

Old July 13th, 2023, 09:17 PM
secretly plum’s favorite

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Cheeky

Default In Places We Won’t Walk[P]

• Halfhound •
black-and-cream tabby chimera molly with heterochromatic green-and-amber eyes

The sky was always a beautiful sight at night. Its dark, astral colors flowing through the dark skies, followed in contrast with specks of dazzling, bright stars that lightly covered the dark atmosphere. In contrast with the dark sky, the large circular shape of the bright moon was the most prominent feature against the dark beauty of the night. Sitting outside of the den, Halfhound’s eyes were focused directly up towards the bright light of the moon, her white-tipped tail curled promptly around her paws as her mismatched eyes stared up at the bright moon. She didn’t know exactly how long she has been doing this habit, but it’s been for a while… a long while. Sitting out in front of the den felt like a way to keep the negatives of the past behind her. It felt like one of the only ways, if the chimera was being honest with her personal opinions. Thinking about the past… felt like nothing but a burden that she had to endure over her shoulders. All it gave her was a pathetic excuse to hold back her problems to the ones that she cared all around her… or more specifically… him. It didn’t feel right to keep this all to herself and not let it out.

Halfhound’s lips pursed as her brain churned through with thought, the tip of her tail twitching as her brain continued to churn away with thoughts. Lichenfur already knew about most of her time when she had been gone from the clan, but it didn’t mean that she had fully explained… everything to him. A small part of her brain screamed at her for even remembering that she had told him about her past, but she trusted him… more than anybody else in the clan. He was someone that she could go to and speak with, even if times were tough. Thinking about him just made her heart quicken and her throat feel like it was tight. This weird little feeling has been going on for far too long, but Halfhound didn’t know what it could properly mean. Hell, she didn’t even want to know what it even actually meant. It was just a weird feeling that came and left everytime she thought about the medicine cat, that was all. Sighing, the chimera promptly stood up to her paws, blinking away the drowsiness that clouded her eyes. She needed to go for a stroll. Something that could at least get her mind off of the problems and of whatever the hell was the feeling in her chest when she thought about Lichenfur.

Speaking of the tom, Halfhound couldn’t help but glance over her shoulder towards the den that the curly-furred tom was currently occupied in, pursing her lips in thought as she silently stared in the direction of his den. Should… should she ask him to go with her? No, that’s a ridiculous thought, why would he want to go with her on a stroll? Especially with how damned late it was? He was probably asleep. It was best if she left him alone. Halfhound felt herself mentally fighting for a choice to make as her paws unintentionally began to b-line their way towards the direction of the den, a heavy hint of regret and hesitance itching at every step she took. She should stop. She should turn around and waltz right back to the warriors’ den so she could fall back asleep, not wake Lichenfur up. He needed to sleep anyway. She could talk to him in the morning. Unfortunately, the familiar scent of herbs and flowers began to overfill her nose as she grew closer to the den, a heavy worm of anxiety working itself through her system. This was a horrible idea. She shouldn’t be doing this at all and she knew it. But, it wasn’t like she was turning back now, was she?

Briskly swiping her tongue across her lips, Halfhound sucked in a deep breath as she stuck her head into the den; mismatched eyes glancing around the dark atmosphere so she could search for a familiar dark, curly pelt. “Lichs?” she spoke, making sure her voice was quiet, yet loud enough for the tom to hear. “Lichenfur, are you awake?” Great StarClan, she felt like she was asking this like a young kit asking its mother if they were awake. Hopefully this wasn’t going to cause her friend any troubles as much as it was already troubling her. Why in the hell was she doing this to herself?

@Apollo. [I feel so bad for how bad this starter is- it’s not the greatest and I swear it’ll get better later on as we continue this RP ]

my carrd ◦ future roleplay tracker ◦ future character bio ⊰
━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

u know u wanna
Old July 16th, 2023, 08:54 AM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

Default Re: In Places We Won’t Walk[P]

. Lichenfur .
( @ares its fine!! )
Lichenfur padded steadily behind his former mentors brother, it was dark out, and he could hear a barking dog echoing from the distant twoleg place. He hadn't been to the Moonstone before, and sure, it wasn't his fault that Blazingsong never took him, but he couldn't help feeling guilty now that the warrior was guiding him there, rather than the other way round. Lichenfur let out a little sigh, he honestly didn't want to go, but it was part of his new role in the clan to officiate Smokesky alongside Starclan, so what could he have done? Said no? Smokesky was his friend, he was certain that if he were becoming the leader, not that he'd want to, and if Halfpaw was the medicine cat, that she'd go with him, no matter how nervous she was. Thinking about Halfpaw made his breath get caught in his throat. He hadn't seen her in almost three moons, she had gone missing right after the twos apprentice ceremony, but she was his best friend, she was the one he wanted to see the second Smokesky announced Blazingsongs disappearance, he wanted her to be the first cat he told about the prophecy. Sadness pulled at his fur, she was the cat he could trust the most, and now he didn't even know if she was alive. Lichenfur was so caught up in his own thoughts that he hadn't noticed that the older tom had stopped, walking right into him and slipping on Smokeskys bengal tail with a yelp.

"Im so sorry! I didn't mean-" Lichenfur broke off part way through swiftly meowing his apology. He had almost prepared himself to be scolded, but Smokesky stayed silent and still faced away, as if Lichenfur had done nothing at all. Something was off. "Smokesky, is everything alright?" the question came tentatively, as the curly black tom took a little step back. What in Starclan was wrong with him? Had he smelt something like a fox? An enemy warrior? Was he having a medical emergency? Should Lichenfur go back to camp and get Leapinglight? It was a deafening silent couple of heartbeats, but finally Smokeskys familar voice broke through it. "Why did you leave? It sounded as though the bengal was on the verge or tears, and the question itself was beyond puzzling. "Leave?" Lichenfur repeated, tipping his head. Before he knew it the atmosphere around the two toms had turned both unsettling and a misty red colour, and the quiet barking grew slightly louder. The mist was so thick he had to squint his eyes to make out the shape of the tom who was barely a mouse length from him. Lichenfur reached out with his paw to touch the soon to be leader, just to be met with the sticky-warm feeling of blood seeping from his fur, like slug slime. The dogs barking becoming quickly as deafening as the silence had been, making the the uncomfortable silence seem like his nest in the nursery. He could've sworn he could feel the breath of one down his neck. Lichenfur's pelt puffed his fear scent quickly mixing with that of the metallic blood and the overwhelming dogs'. He felt as though he was going to pass out from the smells and sounds, but a quickly as they consumed him, they all disappeared, a mangled faced Smokesky now facing him, blood forming tear-like shaped near his eyes.

"you're just like your mother."

Lichenfur sat up with a gasp, his eyes wide, his fur on end and his ears flat. He was back in his and Nectarpaws sleeping quarters in Skyclan camp, his apprentices chest slowly rising and falling in her nest. You're okay, it was just a dream. The tom reassured himself, taking a couple deep breaths. It seemed like he'd managed to spook himself awake.. hang on- was that someone calling his name? He waiting a moment, but sure enough he was being summoned. Oh stars, I hope this isn't a late night kitting, or news that some cat had fallen ill.. we really cant handle green cough right now.. he jumped to his paws and into the main den, trying his best not to wake Nectarpaw. Whatever this was he hoped that it didn't require many herbs, their supply was way too low right now to handle anything like broken bones.

It took him a moment to actually realise who was there, but as soon as he did he ran over to her, worry all over his face. "Halfhound! Are you hurt? Sick? Is there something going on?" he padded around her, surveying her for injuries, and quickly sticking his head out of the medicine cat den to check that this camp wasn't flooding as well. He couldn't recall her having any in the evening, but things can change quickly. As Lichenfur reached her front on again he looked up at her face, just to make sure he hadn't missed any signs of illness, and his heart jumped slightly. This had been happening a lot lately, but he brushed it off as him just being worried about her, especially since she had just come into the medicine cat den in the middle of the night.

- bios | tracker | shop -
Old July 18th, 2023, 11:17 AM
secretly plum’s favorite

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Cheeky

• Halfhound •
black-and-cream tabby chimera molly with heterochromatic green-and-amber eyes

Well, Lichenfur being awake was something that Halfhound could quickly cross off on her bucket list. The sudden bombardment of questions was quick to throw her off course as her brain quickly began to work out what responses she should give to her frantically worried friend. Her ears quickly pressed themselves against her head as her mismatched eyes rapidly glanced around herself, hoping that no one woke up from Lichenfur’s frantic tone of voice and from his sudden questioning. “Not so loud, doofus! Cats are trying to sleep.” She quietly hissed, abruptly raising a forepaw up to quickly cover up his mouth so that they didn’t risk causing any commotion. That was the last thing they both needed was to wake anybody up from their current slumber. Focusing herself back towards the black tom, she slowly set down her paw as her eyes grew adjusted to the dark, dimly lit atmosphere of the medicine den. It almost felt creepy to be standing in here in the dark, especially since it was night and with all the crickets chirping away in the midst of the night. It almost brought to her a banging headache, but it was luckily something that she could simply ignore.

Now, onto the frantic questions that Lichenfur had been spewing. “To answer your questions, no, I’m not hurt or is anyone else hurt. I’m also not sick.” her words alone left a small amount of guilt to hang within Halfhound’s grasp. To be honest, she was hurting. Not physically, but mentally. Even if she wasn’t exactly showing it, all of her hanging thoughts felt like they were hanging themselves together on a wire. Her problem wasn’t something that Lichenfur needed to deal with. He had enough issues to deal with on his own. However, speaking of the curly-furred tom, the keen-eyed chimera was quick to notice how his fur stood on end and how different his stance was. Had he just woken up from a nightmare? That may be the case, but it would be best to keep that topic on the down-low til then. “Now, you're probably wondering why in the hell I'm up in the middle of the night, and honestly? I just… need to go for a stroll. There’s been a lot of things going on in the clan and it’s been really hard to keep myself at bay and have a proper slumber. Why did I wake you up? Well… I was wondering if you would like to come with me. It’s entirely fine if you don’t, though. But I would appreciate it if you could come along with me for a stroll.”

She flashed a short, quick smile towards the black-furred tom. Did she sound like she was begging him to come with? It didn’t sound like it, but she wasn’t sure if it fully sounded like it. Including, her heart felt like it was aggressively pounding itself against her chest and her paws felt like they were dancing on thin ice. Halfhound didn’t understand why these mixed feelings kept coming and going, but hopefully it wasn’t going to stay too long. She asked a question, and now she awaited an answer… that she hoped wasn’t going to contain anything negative.

@Apollo.

my carrd ◦ future roleplay tracker ◦ future character bio ⊰
━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

u know u wanna
Old September 24th, 2023, 09:10 AM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

. Lichenfur .
( @eris - aaa sorry for the bad post )

Lichenfur almost went comedically flying across the medicine cat den as Halfhounds paw unexpectedly met his maw, having to take a moment to steady himself. He flashed an apologetic look towards his and Nectarpaws sleeping quarters, the young apprentice had been working hard recently, and she really needed all the sleep she could get. He tensed up, expecting her to poke her head out at any moment, or to her the sound of her nest rustling, but it never happened, and as Halfhound lowered her paw he let out a little sigh of relief. He really needed to start thinking before acting.

Returning his gaze to the chimera molly as she spoke, settling down even more. Thank starclan she was okay.. -and the clan! The clan being okay was good too! And yet as he studied her face he couldn't help spotting that twinge of guilt. There was something she wasn't telling him, Lichenfur opened his mouth to ask but stopped himself, I don't want to pressure her into saying something she doesn't want to. He made a mental note of this, though.

So she was just having trouble sleeping, thats okay. It sort of reminded him of when he went into the warrior den to wake up Leapinglight, he felt so bad about waking his mentor up, even though Leapinglight was so kind. "Of course," Lichenfur returned her little smile "I actually kinda need to clear my head too." it would be nice to get out of camp, maybe he could get his mind off of whatever that nightmare was. It would also be nice to spend some more time with Halfhound, he felt like the little time that they had together since she got back was spent either traveling or trying not to drown, so having a change of pace was very welcome.

- bios | tracker | shop -