Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"An Intermission"......
Last post by Rani
Today 12:22 AM
"What Once was Mine will...
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 12:00 AM
abandoned hope [adoption...
by lark.
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Yesterday 11:57 PM
✩Star's Mass YCH Trade!✩
Yesterday 11:41 PM
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Yesterday 11:40 PM

Old June 9th, 2023, 02:01 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default You're kind of big for this(Private)

Deadmoon wasn't quite sure WHY she was looking in the apprentices den(DEFINITELY not looking for Snowypaw(although shouldn't he be a warrior by now?)), but when she DID poke her head in it was to A) no Snowypaw, and B) a cat that looked far too old to be an apprentice sitting in the back. Like, full-sized-cat-with-battle-scars old, not plain-old-big old. And while she wasn't even fully sure what she was doing with her life, training an apprentice was one thing she did know how to do. Probably.

She didn't really know the cat's name, but that wasn't going to stop her from clinging to some tiny bit of productive sanity from this whole experience, which was honestly going to drive her insane sooner rather than later if she didn't start figuring things out ASAP. But also, face problems she'd made? No thank you! Deadmoon was going to find other things to do with her time, and this overaged apprentice was going to be one of those things. Hey, big cat! C'mere! she called, somewhat awkwardly because she didn't actually know the apprentice's name. I'm Deadmoon, kinda just returned. Seemed only fair to fill the kid? in on why they likely didn't know who the heck she was. We're going to practice hunting. Hopefully the kid knew how to hunt. Toe beans crossed. @CreeperLover649
Old June 9th, 2023, 02:07 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: don't plz
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: You're kind of big for this(Private)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
Deadmoon wasn't quite sure WHY she was looking in the apprentices den(DEFINITELY not looking for Snowypaw(although shouldn't he be a warrior by now?)), but when she DID poke her head in it was to A) no Snowypaw, and B) a cat that looked far too old to be an apprentice sitting in the back. Like, full-sized-cat-with-battle-scars old, not plain-old-big old. And while she wasn't even fully sure what she was doing with her life, training an apprentice was one thing she did know how to do. Probably.

She didn't really know the cat's name, but that wasn't going to stop her from clinging to some tiny bit of productive sanity from this whole experience, which was honestly going to drive her insane sooner rather than later if she didn't start figuring things out ASAP. But also, face problems she'd made? No thank you! Deadmoon was going to find other things to do with her time, and this overaged apprentice was going to be one of those things. Hey, big cat! C'mere! she called, somewhat awkwardly because she didn't actually know the apprentice's name. I'm Deadmoon, kinda just returned. Seemed only fair to fill the kid? in on why they likely didn't know who the heck she was. We're going to practice hunting. Hopefully the kid knew how to hunt. Toe beans crossed. @CreeperLover649
~~Tigerpaw~~

(Apologies for Tigerpaw's behavior if she gets a little too rude)

The orange tabby sat alone in the clearing, hissing to herself. Why was she so stupid? StarClan must hate her. Her head snapped over at someone calling her big cat. She came right over, ears pinned. Tigerpaw wasn't in the best mood. That's become normal. "My name is Tigerpaw. If we are going hunting, let's do it now." She took a deep breath.
Old June 9th, 2023, 02:20 PM
You're stuck with me

Hmm. Tigerpaw seemed a bit grouchy. A BIG grouchy even. That was kinda fine, they didn't need to chitchat to go hunting. Lets. was all the reply Deadmoon felt necessary, before turning with a swing of her tail to make her way out of camp. The new camp felt a bit more...enclosed than the old one, not that that was a terrible thing. After spending so long without a camp though it was taking a bit of getting used to, one more thing on the tippy mound of 'what the heck am I doing with my life' Deadmoon was currently ignoring. Ignore ignore ignore, and when you can no longer ignore, run away. That was how she lived her life. The grassy flatness that surrounded the camp, that felt indecently exposed, after time in the trees. Oh well. She'd get used to it eventually, and it was close enough to a moor that the old hunting techniques should still work.

After a few minutes of travel, the hunting too close to camp was never any good and she doubted that would ever change, Deadmoon paused to scent the air. There were fewer small hills, and the grass rose higher, so gaining a vantage point from which to visually spot prey would be more difficult, necessitating a bit more nose work. Then again, that also gave the rabbits and such less chance to spot them. At this point, she felt a bit of clarification was needed. Normally she had a vague idea who knew what, or had been approached to teach a specific skill, but Tigerpaw's abilities, while they should be decently developed, were clearly not up to par. Do you know how to scent prey and stuff? the warrior enquired, turning back to look at the younger molly. If she didn't they were wasting their time till that had been taken care of. @CreeperLover649
Old June 9th, 2023, 02:21 PM
error in the code

Quote:
Hmm. Tigerpaw seemed a bit grouchy. A BIG grouchy even. That was kinda fine, they didn't need to chitchat to go hunting. Lets. was all the reply Deadmoon felt necessary, before turning with a swing of her tail to make her way out of camp. The new camp felt a bit more...enclosed than the old one, not that that was a terrible thing. After spending so long without a camp though it was taking a bit of getting used to, one more thing on the tippy mound of 'what the heck am I doing with my life' Deadmoon was currently ignoring. Ignore ignore ignore, and when you can no longer ignore, run away. That was how she lived her life. The grassy flatness that surrounded the camp, that felt indecently exposed, after time in the trees. Oh well. She'd get used to it eventually, and it was close enough to a moor that the old hunting techniques should still work.

After a few minutes of travel, the hunting too close to camp was never any good and she doubted that would ever change, Deadmoon paused to scent the air. There were fewer small hills, and the grass rose higher, so gaining a vantage point from which to visually spot prey would be more difficult, necessitating a bit more nose work. Then again, that also gave the rabbits and such less chance to spot them. At this point, she felt a bit of clarification was needed. Normally she had a vague idea who knew what, or had been approached to teach a specific skill, but Tigerpaw's abilities, while they should be decently developed, were clearly not up to par. Do you know how to scent prey and stuff? the warrior enquired, turning back to look at the younger molly. If she didn't they were wasting their time till that had been taken care of. @CreeperLover649
(Also sorry for the short post)

*Tigerpaw followed*

*She gave a nod when she asked if she knew how to scent prey and stuff*
Old June 9th, 2023, 02:45 PM
You're stuck with me

Well, that was something at least. Tigerpaw wasn't completely without training, although seemingly not a fan of chitchat. Deadmoon didn't mind that, particularly, but it might become inconvenient eventually. Alright, good. Name for me two pieces of prey you can smell, and the general direction they're in. She requested, scenting the air herself. There were at least two rabbits to the east, and a bird of some kind northwestish. A vole was somewhere to the south. Hopefully Tigerpaw would be able to find the rabbits at least, seeing as their scent was blowing towards the pair. @CreeperLover649
Old June 9th, 2023, 02:56 PM
error in the code

Quote:
Well, that was something at least. Tigerpaw wasn't completely without training, although seemingly not a fan of chitchat. Deadmoon didn't mind that, particularly, but it might become inconvenient eventually. Alright, good. Name for me two pieces of prey you can smell, and the general direction they're in. She requested, scenting the air herself. There were at least two rabbits to the east, and a bird of some kind northwestish. A vole was somewhere to the south. Hopefully Tigerpaw would be able to find the rabbits at least, seeing as their scent was blowing towards the pair. @CreeperLover649
*Tigerpaw sniffed the air*

"I smell rabbits to the east, and... *Sniff* I believe a bird somewhere north I think."
Old June 9th, 2023, 09:19 PM
You're stuck with me

Ah, Tigerpaw was certainly competent enough nostril-y! Good! I can smell the same rabbits and birds as well! Deadmoon mewed, before asking Have you hunted rabbits or birds before? We'll probably try for whichever you have less experience with. That likely meant they would be after the bird. While she wasn't the best with birds the mission was relatively straightforward, stay out of sight. Their hearing wasn't the best, so if they could avoid being spotted they stood a good chance. The real question was whether the tall grass would help or hinder, either cloaking their movements or giving them away as small collisions with stems sent the whole place moving. She wasn't quite sure which it would be. @CreeperLover649
Old June 9th, 2023, 09:30 PM
error in the code

Quote:
Ah, Tigerpaw was certainly competent enough nostril-y! Good! I can smell the same rabbits and birds as well! Deadmoon mewed, before asking Have you hunted rabbits or birds before? We'll probably try for whichever you have less experience with. That likely meant they would be after the bird. While she wasn't the best with birds the mission was relatively straightforward, stay out of sight. Their hearing wasn't the best, so if they could avoid being spotted they stood a good chance. The real question was whether the tall grass would help or hinder, either cloaking their movements or giving them away as small collisions with stems sent the whole place moving. She wasn't quite sure which it would be. @CreeperLover649
*She nodded*
Old June 10th, 2023, 09:52 AM
You're stuck with me

Okkkkk. Tigerpaw wasn't giving her much to work with, she didn't really even answer the question, but Deadmoon decided to just......move on. It was good to know she didn't have to do a lesson at least, and could just....send Tigerpaw off on her own for a bit. Alright. You go try for the bird, I'll try for a vole that's somewhere that-a-ways she flapped a paw in the general direction she would be heading and then we'll meet back here to see if we can partner hunt the rabbits, so long as they stick around. Sound good? She asked, hoping that there wouldn't be any issues with the arrangement. @CreeperLover649
Old June 10th, 2023, 09:55 AM
error in the code

Quote:
Okkkkk. Tigerpaw wasn't giving her much to work with, she didn't really even answer the question, but Deadmoon decided to just......move on. It was good to know she didn't have to do a lesson at least, and could just....send Tigerpaw off on her own for a bit. Alright. You go try for the bird, I'll try for a vole that's somewhere that-a-ways she flapped a paw in the general direction she would be heading and then we'll meet back here to see if we can partner hunt the rabbits, so long as they stick around. Sound good? She asked, hoping that there wouldn't be any issues with the arrangement. @CreeperLover649
~~Tigerpaw~~

Tigerpaw nodded. "Sorry for not saying anything. I don't talk as much as I normally do anymore." She said and snuck after the bird. The orange tabby slowly found the bird on the ground. She snuck up on it and pounded. It saw and flew off. But she didn't stop. Tigerpaw found out a few minutes later and funky caught it. She went looking for Deadmoon.