Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Dusklion
Deputy:
None
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Smothered in its cradle...
by Rani
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 10:42 PM
☆Star's Art Shop☆
Last post by Starphobia
Today 10:37 PM
Two Birds Fighting [p]
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 10:35 PM
RiverClan Healing
by squidz
Last post by vellichor
Today 10:33 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by vellichor
Today 10:30 PM

Old November 30th, 2022, 08:00 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Default A Starry Night's Assessment | Nightpaw's Assessment thread

Reedwhisker's greatly missed having Nightpaw ( @Ravenss ) in RiverClan, it felt like one of her own kits was taken right from her paws. But StarClan had been merciful enough to send her back. She had no idea how StarClan was able to do such things, but they were clearly good at it. Numerous cats were killed and sent back from the dead, a prime example being Birdpaw, Pikestar's daughter. But Birdpaw, as far as she knew, was still undergoing training. Nightpaw, however, had finished training. All she needed to become a warrior was her assessment. Oh dear, this would be my first time performing such a feat. But Nightpaw's a very capable cat with a lot of potential, she'll do wonderful.

"Nightpaw, wake up!" she called for the apprentice softly, trying hard not to startle the near-warrior. "It's time you perform your assessment. I want you to know that you don't need to stress and take things slow if need be. We have all day."

Assessments were always nerve-wracking for apprentices, it was for her. No doubt would it be the same for Nightpaw since she was so jumpy and nervous before her untimely death. I want to keep her stress and anxiety low, I don't want to scare her after everything she's been through with drowning and waking up in some unfamiliar place.

Once Nightpaw had woken up, the she-cat fluffed out her fur against the cold and waited patiently for her to come out of the apprentice's den. After a pause to allow Nightpaw time to wake up, Reedwhisker's hazel eyes traveled from her former apprentice to the camp entrance.

"We are going to test your swimming ability first and get it out of the way. Don't worry about drowning, I'll be in the water with you. The purpose of that test is to make sure your endurance is good enough, so I don't want you to rush it, okay?" Reedwhisker did not want to leave Nightpaw alone in the water again, especially after both her near-death experience and actual death. "Afterward, I'll observe you and make sure your water and land hunting skills are up to par. Then before we head back to camp, you'll be tested on your sparring ability. The water is too cold to spar in, so I'll let you spar me on land. Your dark fur will give you an advantage, I suggest you take it if you are to pin me even if you don't belong in ShadowClan. Your goal is to pin me and nothing else."

After letting the information sink into Nightpaw, Reedwhisker sat still for a few moments before walking out of camp. They wouldn't be going to Cattail Pond, it would be much too soon after her death and near-death experiences. Instead, they'd go to a small pond in the territory. It'd be quieter, calmer, and it would be something that would test Nightpaw's ability more than what Cattail Pond was like.

"I'll be swimming next to you, we'll swim a few fox lengths and nothing more. You need to save as much energy as you can for your next couple of tests," she purred after the pair arrives at a river. "I'll be looking for smoothness. If you can remain next to my tail for the few fox lengths, you pass. You are free to strike up a conversation, but your main focus is swimming. Come, let us begin."

(Each portion of the assessment will last for 2-3 posts! Swimming has started)
(Remaining Tests - Land Hunting, Water Hunting, and Sparring)

Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception, Agatha Kitty, Hulk SMASH, Dreamwalker)
Ravenhawk

Last edited by SpiritedWarrior; November 30th, 2022 at 08:00 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2022, 04:13 PM
Dont Forget (.) in bean.

Bump Policy: TBA
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: A Starry Night's Assessment | Nightpaw's Assessment thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedWarrior View Post
Reedwhisker's greatly missed having Nightpaw ( @Ravenss ) in RiverClan, it felt like one of her own kits was taken right from her paws. But StarClan had been merciful enough to send her back. She had no idea how StarClan was able to do such things, but they were clearly good at it. Numerous cats were killed and sent back from the dead, a prime example being Birdpaw, Pikestar's daughter. But Birdpaw, as far as she knew, was still undergoing training. Nightpaw, however, had finished training. All she needed to become a warrior was her assessment. Oh dear, this would be my first time performing such a feat. But Nightpaw's a very capable cat with a lot of potential, she'll do wonderful.

"Nightpaw, wake up!" she called for the apprentice softly, trying hard not to startle the near-warrior. "It's time you perform your assessment. I want you to know that you don't need to stress and take things slow if need be. We have all day."

Assessments were always nerve-wracking for apprentices, it was for her. No doubt would it be the same for Nightpaw since she was so jumpy and nervous before her untimely death. I want to keep her stress and anxiety low, I don't want to scare her after everything she's been through with drowning and waking up in some unfamiliar place.

Once Nightpaw had woken up, the she-cat fluffed out her fur against the cold and waited patiently for her to come out of the apprentice's den. After a pause to allow Nightpaw time to wake up, Reedwhisker's hazel eyes traveled from her former apprentice to the camp entrance.

"We are going to test your swimming ability first and get it out of the way. Don't worry about drowning, I'll be in the water with you. The purpose of that test is to make sure your endurance is good enough, so I don't want you to rush it, okay?" Reedwhisker did not want to leave Nightpaw alone in the water again, especially after both her near-death experience and actual death. "Afterward, I'll observe you and make sure your water and land hunting skills are up to par. Then before we head back to camp, you'll be tested on your sparring ability. The water is too cold to spar in, so I'll let you spar me on land. Your dark fur will give you an advantage, I suggest you take it if you are to pin me even if you don't belong in ShadowClan. Your goal is to pin me and nothing else."

After letting the information sink into Nightpaw, Reedwhisker sat still for a few moments before walking out of camp. They wouldn't be going to Cattail Pond, it would be much too soon after her death and near-death experiences. Instead, they'd go to a small pond in the territory. It'd be quieter, calmer, and it would be something that would test Nightpaw's ability more than what Cattail Pond was like.

"I'll be swimming next to you, we'll swim a few fox lengths and nothing more. You need to save as much energy as you can for your next couple of tests," she purred after the pair arrives at a river. "I'll be looking for smoothness. If you can remain next to my tail for the few fox lengths, you pass. You are free to strike up a conversation, but your main focus is swimming. Come, let us begin."

(Each portion of the assessment will last for 2-3 posts! Swimming has started)
(Remaining Tests - Land Hunting, Water Hunting, and Sparring)

Nightpaw lifts her head to see reedwhisker then stood up “okay?” She said a bit confused, she pads out of the apprentice den to greet reedwhisker then follows her, she listens to what she has to do for her assignment, the first thing that races through her mind is swimming, as they made it to the small pond, her ears perked as she heard that reedwhisker would stay with her, nightpaw nods as she pays attention. Stay a fee fox lengths and nothing more. She nods as she slowly steps in the water, she looks at reedwhisker nervously “r-ready when you are?”
Old December 3rd, 2022, 05:03 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenss View Post

Nightpaw lifts her head to see reedwhisker then stood up “okay?” She said a bit confused, she pads out of the apprentice den to greet reedwhisker then follows her, she listens to what she has to do for her assignment, the first thing that races through her mind is swimming, as they made it to the small pond, her ears perked as she heard that reedwhisker would stay with her, nightpaw nods as she pays attention. Stay a fee fox lengths and nothing more. She nods as she slowly steps in the water, she looks at reedwhisker nervously “r-ready when you are?”
Reedwhisker watched silently as Nightpaw went into the water and gave her an encouraging nod as the dark-furred apprentice turned to look at her. I have to test her, but that doesn't mean I can't be in the water with her. Just to be safe and help her stay calm.

The young warrior walked forward and stepped into the water beside the apprentice and swiped her tail over the apprentice's back, urging her to continue forward. "We'll stick together, we won't be too close to the side, but just enough so your paws don't touch the sand. It'll only take one swipe of your paw to swim toward the land. There's no reason for you to worry, I'll be in the water with you."

After standing in the water for a few moments to acclimate herself to the cold chill, the brown warrior slid further into the water slowly before turning and beginning to swim around the pond. Not a word came out of her mouth, her breath was calm. StarClan let Nightpaw return to us to be a warrior and live out her life. I cannot disappoint StarClan or my apprentice. I made a promise, I intend to keep it. Keeping Nightpaw calm will help her performance.

"How are you holding up?" she finally asked after about a fox-length and a half. "You're half-way there!" the last part was added encouragement, which is something Nightpaw probably needed with being as nervous as she was. It never hurts to encourage someone!

Ravenhawk
Old December 3rd, 2022, 05:18 PM
Dont Forget (.) in bean.

Quote:
Reedwhisker watched silently as Nightpaw went into the water and gave her an encouraging nod as the dark-furred apprentice turned to look at her. I have to test her, but that doesn't mean I can't be in the water with her. Just to be safe and help her stay calm.

The young warrior walked forward and stepped into the water beside the apprentice and swiped her tail over the apprentice's back, urging her to continue forward. "We'll stick together, we won't be too close to the side, but just enough so your paws don't touch the sand. It'll only take one swipe of your paw to swim toward the land. There's no reason for you to worry, I'll be in the water with you."

After standing in the water for a few moments to acclimate herself to the cold chill, the brown warrior slid further into the water slowly before turning and beginning to swim around the pond. Not a word came out of her mouth, her breath was calm. StarClan let Nightpaw return to us to be a warrior and live out her life. I cannot disappoint StarClan or my apprentice. I made a promise, I intend to keep it. Keeping Nightpaw calm will help her performance.

"How are you holding up?" she finally asked after about a fox-length and a half. "You're half-way there!" the last part was added encouragement, which is something Nightpaw probably needed with being as nervous as she was. It never hurts to encourage someone!
Nightpaw watches reedwhisker go in the water and watches her start swimming so nightpaw does the same, she keeps a small distance from reedwhisker and follows her. She flinches after hearing reedwhisker’s question then just slightly nods, her head floods with thoughts of knowing how she drowned, she closes her eyes in fear but still swimming
Old December 4th, 2022, 12:31 AM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Quote:

Nightpaw watches reedwhisker go in the water and watches her start swimming so nightpaw does the same, she keeps a small distance from reedwhisker and follows her. She flinches after hearing reedwhisker’s question then just slightly nods, her head floods with thoughts of knowing how she drowned, she closes her eyes in fear but still swimming
Her hazel gaze went to Nightpaw, not wanting to take the apprentice's word for it. However, Nightpaw nodded and looked like she was doing well. She was nervous, sure, but was keeping up and not struggling like she seemed to before she got enough sense in her to start paddling when they had trained together. Good. So far, her skills are satisfactory. Let's see if she can take on this final stretch...

"You're doing great, Nightpaw. Just a little further. If you feel like you can go faster, do it. I'm here in case something happens," Reedwhisker finally spoke up once more and paddled a tad faster, wanting to push Nightpaw's limits just a tad. I know she's nervous, but we're almost done with this portion!

One after another, quite a few fox-lengths swam and they had reached the other end of the pond. Getting out of the water, Reedwhisker felt a cold shiver run down her spine. Shaking out her pelt, the young warrior turned around and watched as Nightpaw came in behind her.

"Come on out, it's time I gave you feedback on your swimming performance," she called for her apprentice with a blink of an eye.

Ravenhawk
Old December 4th, 2022, 01:11 PM
Dont Forget (.) in bean.

Quote:
Her hazel gaze went to Nightpaw, not wanting to take the apprentice's word for it. However, Nightpaw nodded and looked like she was doing well. She was nervous, sure, but was keeping up and not struggling like she seemed to before she got enough sense in her to start paddling when they had trained together. Good. So far, her skills are satisfactory. Let's see if she can take on this final stretch...

"You're doing great, Nightpaw. Just a little further. If you feel like you can go faster, do it. I'm here in case something happens," Reedwhisker finally spoke up once more and paddled a tad faster, wanting to push Nightpaw's limits just a tad. I know she's nervous, but we're almost done with this portion!

One after another, quite a few fox-lengths swam and they had reached the other end of the pond. Getting out of the water, Reedwhisker felt a cold shiver run down her spine. Shaking out her pelt, the young warrior turned around and watched as Nightpaw came in behind her.

"Come on out, it's time I gave you feedback on your swimming performance," she called for her apprentice with a blink of an eye.

Nightpaw gets out of the water as fast as she can then falls to the ground feeling like some prey. She lays there for a bit then sits up and shakes the water off her fur, she does not want to think about it nor be near the pond, she looks at reedwhisker a bit confused
Old December 4th, 2022, 02:18 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Quote:

Nightpaw gets out of the water as fast as she can then falls to the ground feeling like some prey. She lays there for a bit then sits up and shakes the water off her fur, she does not want to think about it nor be near the pond, she looks at reedwhisker a bit confused
Although Nightpaw had yet to say something, Reedwhisker could tell she was glad to be out of the water. Quite frankly, the brown warrior was glad nothing disastrous had happened. Thank StarClan! A proud smile spread across her jaws as she sat down and began to clean her fur. Now to give her feedback...

"Well done, Nightpaw," she began, a purr rumbling deep in her throat. "You kept up with me, and despite your fear, you completed the swimming portion of your assessment. Determination is a good quality in warriors, one I expect to see from you throughout the rest of the assessment. You've passed this portion. Now, it's time for you to start water and land hunting."

Letting the exciting news sink into the apprentice, Reedwhisker let her hazel eyes drift over to the pond, "Since we did the swimming portion here, you cannot hunt for fish in the pond. Instead, search for a small river or pond in the territory. I cannot be next to you during this part, but I will be watching from afar."

Taking another pause to let the new information sink into the dark-furred apprentice, Reedwhisker licked her chest fur, allowing time for Nightpaw to ask any questions before moving on, "I want you to catch two pieces of water prey and two pieces of land prey. Take your time on this. If you choose to catch one or two more pieces of prey than what I require of you, that is fine. Just don't tire yourself out too much, you'll be using most of your stamina when we move on to the last part of the assessment."

Nightpaw has passed her swimming assessment! Water/Land Hunting has Started
(Remaining Tests - Sparring)

Ravenhawk

Last edited by SpiritedWarrior; December 4th, 2022 at 02:18 PM.
Old December 4th, 2022, 02:25 PM
Dont Forget (.) in bean.

Quote:
Although Nightpaw had yet to say something, Reedwhisker could tell she was glad to be out of the water. Quite frankly, the brown warrior was glad nothing disastrous had happened. Thank StarClan! A proud smile spread across her jaws as she sat down and began to clean her fur. Now to give her feedback...

"Well done, Nightpaw," she began, a purr rumbling deep in her throat. "You kept up with me, and despite your fear, you completed the swimming portion of your assessment. Determination is a good quality in warriors, one I expect to see from you throughout the rest of the assessment. You've passed this portion. Now, it's time for you to start water and land hunting."

Letting the exciting news sink into the apprentice, Reedwhisker let her hazel eyes drift over to the pond, "Since we did the swimming portion here, you cannot hunt for fish in the pond. Instead, search for a small river or pond in the territory. I cannot be next to you during this part, but I will be watching from afar."

Taking another pause to let the new information sink into the dark-furred apprentice, Reedwhisker licked her chest fur, allowing time for Nightpaw to ask any questions before moving on, "I want you to catch two pieces of water prey and two pieces of land prey. Take your time on this. If you choose to catch one or two more pieces of prey than what I require of you, that is fine. Just don't tire yourself out too much, you'll be using most of your stamina when we move on to the last part of the assessment."

Nightpaw has passed her swimming assessment! Water/Land Hunting has Started
(Remaining Tests - Sparring)

Nightpaw blinked.. Hunting huh. She kinda sucked with hunting in the water but maybe she should do that first so she wouldnt have to do it after, she turns to the forest and waits for the signal to start
Old December 4th, 2022, 02:51 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Quote:

Nightpaw blinked.. Hunting huh. She kinda sucked with hunting in the water but maybe she should do that first so she wouldnt have to do it after, she turns to the forest and waits for the signal to start
Reedwhisker was a little disappointed Nightpaw didn't say anything, but she turned toward the forest, a clear sign that she was ready to begin the second part of the assessment. Giving a dip of her head, Reedwhisker signaled it was time to start. I'll start following her after quite a few fox-lengths... I have to remember to stay hidden. Perhaps behind a bush would be an ideal spot.

Ravenhawk
Old December 4th, 2022, 03:58 PM
Dont Forget (.) in bean.

Quote:
Reedwhisker was a little disappointed Nightpaw didn't say anything, but she turned toward the forest, a clear sign that she was ready to begin the second part of the assessment. Giving a dip of her head, Reedwhisker signaled it was time to start. I'll start following her after quite a few fox-lengths... I have to remember to stay hidden. Perhaps behind a bush would be an ideal spot.

Nightpaw gives a short nod then pads off into the depths of the forest, she was interupted by seeing a squirrel so she crouches. well there go's her plans. She slowly creeps to the squirrel and leaps on it grabbing it with her mouth then stood back up. Okay continue to walk to find a small pond. She makes it to a small pond and watches a bird land near the pond so she puts down the squirrel then crouches once more then slowly walks behind the bird to not scare it she pounces and lands on the bird and grabs it and walks to where she dropped the squirrel at and dropped the bird

Nightpaw slowly approches the pond and glanced at it. She sits down and stares at the pond then she gets into a crouching stance and watches the movement of the water. look for moving shadows. look for moving shadows. She see's movement in the water. Now. She puts her paw in the water she scoops it out of the water and the fish plops out as nightpaw grabs it with her mouth.. That was hard.. She puts the fish to the side and looks at the water again once and waits for movement this time. these prey things dont make shadows but only movement. She watches movement in the water and uses her paw to push the movement out of the water and watches it fall to the ground as she paws slip and her face lands into the water. She lifts her head out of the water in fear. She grabs the both fishes and hurriedly backs away in fear and go's back to the other 2 pieces of prey and sets the fish down and looks at the pond in fear ears lowering