Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Non-Warriors Roleplay

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Redmire Roleplay /...
by dino.
Last post by Wingnettle
Today 04:10 AM
Honeypaw gets...
by gs29513
Last post by CloudlessEve
Today 03:11 AM
Hunting Honey [p]
Today 02:56 AM
LF: wolf art
by BEAR.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 02:50 AM
Honeypaw future mate finder
Today 02:31 AM

Old September 3rd, 2022, 04:03 PM
dont try to wake me

Default The Boreal Realm

Far removed from the greedy hands of man and beyond the touch of time lies The Boreal Realm.
Boreal Realm Sign-Ups - Post Your Character Bios

A seemingly ceaseless forest of thick snow, ice, and evergreens that scrape the open blue sky. Where the sun is short-lived, and the nights are long and full of the unknown, six kingdoms of great and powerful animals contend for their very lives: The Wolf, hungry and controlling, the Lynx, crafty and elusive, the Bear, strong and proud, the Moose, towering nurturers to the Realm, the Reindeer, adaptable and nomadic, and... The Fox.

The kingdom of the Fox is old, surrounded in myth, legend, and fable. The Fox is capable of many things, its intelligence alone earning recognition among the other five animal kingdoms. They may be solitary, or seek comfort among smaller groups, or go further to spark great communities. Among the Fox kingdom however is a widely known legend, that the Foxes of old learned the arts of transformation to pursue lives as members of the other animal kingdoms. And so, be it the solitary one or the one in a community of many, almost every Fox desires to know just how real this age-old myth is, and just how far one might be willing to go to survive in the ice-encrusted land at the end of the world.
About the Roleplay:

You will roleplay as a fox, none of the other mentioned animals. This roleplay takes place in a taiga forest far to the north, and there will be a source or two included at the bottom of this post. Please try to do some research into the environment as it is a very unusual one and not very explored here. I'll try my best to find good sources to use, but you're welcome to do your own as well!

The Fox kingdom is not presently led by any sort of "ruler," like the kingdom you might think of is. It is just a name for the whole population! You can roleplay as any sort of fox, a solitary one, one that prefers its own small group or family, or one that is a part of a bigger community. They do not have special powers or abilities, but they are very smart and can do many things if they put their minds to it. They also tell many stories, as the legend of the foxes who could transform into other beasts is one of the most important to them.

There may be a storyline implemented later on, if this roleplay seems successful. But for now, it's pretty much just about survival and life. I'm eager to see where the roleplay takes everyone involved. We'll see where it goes!

** Note: Please do not create any big groups without speaking to me and getting permission or feedback first.
** Note: Please refrain from roleplaying any members of the other kingdoms as well, even if it is from your character's point of view as a passerby. I want to think more about how to implement them maybe for a future storyline!

Currently in The Boreal Realm:
- It is the end of the summer season. Days are still very long, the sun rises and doesn't set for many, many hours.
- The Fox kingdom is spread between many sections of the Realm, but the wetlands and southern forest see the most foxes.
- The Lynx kingdom has not been spotted in a while, but sightings of large pawprints in the snow have many wondering.
- The Wolf kingdom is occupied with the Moose kingdom, tracking them down for meat. Steering clear of both kingdoms seems to be the wisest decision.
- A new group of foxes appears to be growing in number in the southern forest!

Areas of Interest in the Boreal Realm:
- To Come Soon! (VM/PM/DM for suggestions!!)

Sources: Taiga forests, Taiga animals, Taiga, Boreal Forest Biome
you may remind me after a few days
to reply if you have sent me a message or a post.

Last edited by plum; September 5th, 2022 at 08:38 AM.
Old September 3rd, 2022, 11:01 PM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

My Mood: Devilish

RiverClan/WindClan Re: The Boreal Realm

Crisscross + Adder
__
Crisscross’ whiskers twitched as Adder kicked dirt from the slope ahead of him onto his paws.
“Can you be more careful Featherbrain? You’re spraying me with mud,” He growled crossly, conveying the idea that he was angrier than he actually was. Truthfully, he wasn’t actually all that angry about the dirt, he was more-so frustrated that the two of them had yet to come across any others willing to join the ever-so-slowly growing Skulk that Crisscross had been dreaming of starting since his very first time out of the den, ”Sometimes Featherbrain, I wonder why I even brought you along. We aren’t even littermates… I really should have tried harder to get Split to come with me.”
Split had been one of Crisscross’ favorite (or least disliked) littermates, and when they were of age, Split had announced their intentions to strike out on their own and search for lands beyond the taiga. Split had always been an adventurer, but never the strongest. Crisscross knew very easily that Split had probably died to wolves before even leaving the forest.
“Sorry Crisscross,” Adder cried, turning around to look at her older brother with a bewildered expression on her meek features, “I didn’t know I was doing it, honest! I’ll try not to let it happen again, I promise.”
Adder had almost always been the most submissive and clingy fox in Crisscross’ family. Adder wasn’t the strongest, nor the fastest fox out there, but her loyalty was unmatched, so Criss had brought her along only so he could have the assurance that there was someone inexplicably loyal to him once his Skulk was established. Sometimes Criss wondered what had gone wrong to make Adder so much of a meek little mouse. She’d been just fine during pup hood, but then when she grew up a bit poof, meek little mouse!
Perhaps, Thought Crisscross, watching her walk up the hill in front of him, Her meekness is a byproduct of what happened to her two littermates, Waver and Snips.
Waver and Snips had both been killed while out on an excursion with Adder and Crisscross’ Father. A tree had fallen, crushing both young pups, but leaving Adder and her Father without so much as a scratch.
Yes… That was probably the cause.
The two foxes reached the peak of the small hill, and Crisscross now took the lead.
Soon, Crisscross thought as he walked ahead of his younger, weaker sister, I won’t keep company with meek little mice. Soon, I will always be in the company of the strong of mind and body. Yes indeed! Oh, I yearn for the day.

Last edited by Willowfern; September 5th, 2022 at 10:17 AM.
Old September 4th, 2022, 01:12 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: The Boreal Realm

Summer stalked through the forest, hoping to find the rabbit she was tracking soon. The sleek fox was determined to catch this one rabbit. Why? It had been escaping her grasp for moons! The vixen knew this because of the scent. It was the exact same rabbit every time! She sighed, and pressed onward. Aha! There it was, laying in the grass munching on clovers. "I got you now, featherbrain." Summer whispered. She leapt on top of the rabbit, biting into it's neck with one fatal movement. The fox let out a bark of triumph, and tore into the prey right then and there. "Stupid featherbrain, how's it feel to be eaten!?" Summer laughed, devouring the poor creature.

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old September 4th, 2022, 02:11 PM
Birthday Feb, 13th

My Mood: Sarcastic

Forest sneaks into the wolves' area to hunt.
Old September 5th, 2022, 09:15 AM
dont try to wake me

[ open/ @Willowfern , placing vem somewhere i've seen a lot of characters hang around! south/central area ]

The days were already chilling again, and vis pelt was thickening up considerably. Sionna blinks away sleep as the boredom of doing nothing for many hours begins to fade away. A long nap after a good hunt, some sunbathing, now that was the life. Especially when survival didn't dominate vis senses. But now, ve was awake again, bored, and in need of somewhere else to be.

The ruddy fox rolls onto vis back stretches out vis legs for a heartbeat, jaws gaping wide in a huge yawn before snapping shut with a pleasurable nyep. Then, rising to vis paws, Sionna climbs out of the shallow dip in the pine needle litter ve'd made for vemself for that nap. Swinging vis head around, the fox decides on a direction at random and sets off at a quick trot through the green. It isn't very long, thankfully (alarmingly?), before ve tastes the scent of another of vis kind in the air. Halting for a moment the thing sniffs, turning and lowering vis nose to the ground in an effort to better understand who ve may have been about to encounter. And, to vis alarm, it was not one but two different scents! Narrowing vis eyes, ve lifts vis head again.

The further ve crossed the sprawling, rocky terrain, the closer ve got to Crisscross and Adder both. And it became obvious what type of foxes they would be- Loud, unrepentant for disturbing the otherwise quiet forest. An expression of concern settles over Sionna's face in rigid and tense lines. Could ve be making a mistake in crossing them?
you may remind me after a few days
to reply if you have sent me a message or a post.
Old September 5th, 2022, 09:26 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Summer sat down and groomed her slick pelt. The vixen yawned, her blue eyes closed. What a day. She shook her red pelt, and heaved herself up from the sitting position. Summer scented something... not prey, that much she knew. It was... fox? She stalked forward to investigate, keeping her stomach low to the ground. The vixen was still downwind. Good.
@neptune

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art

Last edited by sock; September 5th, 2022 at 11:57 AM.
Old September 5th, 2022, 09:36 AM
Birthday Feb, 13th

Forest takes a mouthful of prey from the wolves and bolts out of there.
Old September 5th, 2022, 10:51 AM
i'm back!! & amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; l t;3

Bump Policy: after one week; patrols bumps can be done every 2 days, I’m forgetful at times-
My Mood: Mysterious

[ open! / south-central area ]

Moss was in a trott as they traveled through the forest, they were traveling to find any new plants that could be used for healing. There wasn't many that they had in their natural environment so they had learned to use what they could. Their ears flicked as they listened for any other foxes or any other animal who could harm them. Their tail flicked as they came to a stop, they sniffed the air, taking in any scents. There was faint scents of other foxes so they started to carefully follow the scent.

bump after a week
posting days are tuesday, thursday, and saturday if i happen to post outside of this, it's for my own enjoyment
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)
Old September 5th, 2022, 11:19 AM
Birthday Feb, 13th

Forest gets back to the northern area and starts walking to her den.
Windclan: Ravenscar
Outsiders: Frost, Mocha, Ash, Dusk/Dawn
Non-cats: Oleanderleaf, Forest
Oc's in HPA: Arrow Holmes(Female), Aspen Holmes(Female), Jinx Suki(Female), Karmic Thunder(Non-binary), Koda Streamfish(Male), Raven Holmes(Female), Rebel Holmes(Male), Hecate Holmes(Female)
Oc's in Highschool of Hell: Riley Atwood, Ida Atwood, and Isla Atwood
Old September 5th, 2022, 11:51 AM
Winter/Holiday Pine'Paw!

My Mood: Bored

[Spruce, Male, He/Him, South Central, Lone Fox, Open For Rp]

Black paws fading into yellow-grey legs pounded across the dirt. The rabbit in front of him was quick, but he was strong. The fox and his prey ran on the dirt right beside a large lake, trees sheltering the two, small patches of light filtering through the spruce trees. He finally caught up with the rabbit and swiftly bit down onto the rabbit's neck, snapping int and killing the creature.

He huffed, stretching his head up to the sky, the rabbit hanging limp in his jaws. He knew summer had ended already, but there was time still before winter. He raced from the trees and the lake, bursting through the trees and directly coming upon other foxes, still in the southern taiga.

(Shiver, Male, He/Him, Northern, Lone Fox, Open For Rp)

Living the life of a lone fox was pretty lonely. Being in the northern taiga was harder, seeing as he didn't find many other foxes in the area. He worked hard to make life work, but it wasn't easy being alone.

Shaking his head from these thoughts, the white bird he had been tracking started packing his nose. The white spotted red fox instantly slashed his paw across its neck, letting the bird bleed to death. He picked up the limp white bird in his jaws, trotting away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

School is starting, so I will be on less frequently. I will be free the most on weekends. On weekdays, I will be unable to rp or be on from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. . I hopefully will be able to rp as much as time will allow me to, but I will be much busier than normal.

Last edited by Pine'Paw; September 5th, 2022 at 11:51 AM.