Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Melting the Ice
by Yoshdo
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 09:43 PM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by Mica
Today 09:34 PM
looking for art of my ocs!...
Last post by lys.luvbot
Today 09:25 PM
Bonding [P]
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 09:22 PM
RiverClan Apprentices' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 09:15 PM

Old March 14th, 2017, 06:55 PM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Default Zia and Sprocket's Wanderings

It looks like this.
@Lost Illusion

Zia sat down, her green gaze flitting from tree to tree in search of prey. It was leafbare, and prey was sparse, but it was just her, so she needn't worry. She sighed, looking up towards the cloudy blue sky. Usually, she waited until dusk to come out, but it had grown too cold bonce the sun had sunk below the horizon, and she'd broken her habit somewhat. Scanning the surroundings, which consisted of a few sparse pines, some dry and dead looking bushes, and a few mountains off in the distance. Heading off towards the mountains was a wide, winding river that was too fast to get covered over by ice, and lay exposed and empty.

The thick furred and rather stocky molly set off again, this time heading towards the river in hopes of a duck or some fish, not that she actually knew how to catch fish, but right now, Zia was so hungry that she wasn't going to pass up any opportunities. She looked around, tasting the air. It had been a couple moons since her last visit in the Place of No Stars, and wondered why. Flicking her tail,she wondered if it would be worth the trouble of tracking down that murderous self absorbed tom called Onyx and perhaps paying him a little visit.

Shaking herself, she stopped on the bank, staring into the freezing depths of dark, swirling water, crossing fish off the list of things she would try and catch. She knew instantly that she was too stocky and heavy to swim, and would probably drown trying, and if not, she would freeze to death come nightfall.
Old March 15th, 2017, 10:06 AM
In ConstantState of Tired

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Zia and Sprocket's Wanderings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness View Post
It looks like this.
@Lost Illusion

Zia sat down, her green gaze flitting from tree to tree in search of prey. It was leafbare, and prey was sparse, but it was just her, so she needn't worry. She sighed, looking up towards the cloudy blue sky. Usually, she waited until dusk to come out, but it had grown too cold bonce the sun had sunk below the horizon, and she'd broken her habit somewhat. Scanning the surroundings, which consisted of a few sparse pines, some dry and dead looking bushes, and a few mountains off in the distance. Heading off towards the mountains was a wide, winding river that was too fast to get covered over by ice, and lay exposed and empty.

The thick furred and rather stocky molly set off again, this time heading towards the river in hopes of a duck or some fish, not that she actually knew how to catch fish, but right now, Zia was so hungry that she wasn't going to pass up any opportunities. She looked around, tasting the air. It had been a couple moons since her last visit in the Place of No Stars, and wondered why. Flicking her tail,she wondered if it would be worth the trouble of tracking down that murderous self absorbed tom called Onyx and perhaps paying him a little visit.

Shaking herself, she stopped on the bank, staring into the freezing depths of dark, swirling water, crossing fish off the list of things she would try and catch. She knew instantly that she was too stocky and heavy to swim, and would probably drown trying, and if not, she would freeze to death come nightfall.
Sprocket yawned loudly as he kneaded his claws into the ground. He had taken a small nap after eating a very scrawny mouse, it hadn't been enough to fill him up but it filled him up enough to stop his stomach from growling so loudly. He took in the cold air, he loved the cold even though there was rarely any food around this time. His short, but thick pelt kept him pretty warm but his paws were freezing.

While taking in the scents around him Sprocket could smell a river nearby. He perked his ears and listened carefully and he soon began to hear the roaring river. 'I could go for a drink!' he thought before bounding off towards the river. Even if he was hungry, leafbare made him so happy. Maybe it was because it was when he met his friend Ice and finally left those mouse brained Twolegs.

He slowed his pace as he got closer to the river, he sniffed the air carefully. He could smell another cat nearby and his heart began to pick up pace. He really wasn't in the mood to fight but he knew cold, hungry cats were not ones to mess with. He hoped the cat would just leave him alone, as he was also hungry and cold. He bent his head down slowly to take a small drink of the roaring river, careful to not fall in. He wouldn't be able to swim back to land if he fell in, he was just too small. He also kept his ears perked as he drank, waiting for any sign of the other cat to make a move.

If you'd like to interact with Onyxwhisper, please PM or visitor message me!

Old March 15th, 2017, 11:09 AM
questionmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Illusion View Post
Sprocket yawned loudly as he kneaded his claws into the ground. He had taken a small nap after eating a very scrawny mouse, it hadn't been enough to fill him up but it filled him up enough to stop his stomach from growling so loudly. He took in the cold air, he loved the cold even though there was rarely any food around this time. His short, but thick pelt kept him pretty warm but his paws were freezing.

While taking in the scents around him Sprocket could smell a river nearby. He perked his ears and listened carefully and he soon began to hear the roaring river. 'I could go for a drink!' he thought before bounding off towards the river. Even if he was hungry, leafbare made him so happy. Maybe it was because it was when he met his friend Ice and finally left those mouse brained Twolegs.

He slowed his pace as he got closer to the river, he sniffed the air carefully. He could smell another cat nearby and his heart began to pick up pace. He really wasn't in the mood to fight but he knew cold, hungry cats were not ones to mess with. He hoped the cat would just leave him alone, as he was also hungry and cold. He bent his head down slowly to take a small drink of the roaring river, careful to not fall in. He wouldn't be able to swim back to land if he fell in, he was just too small. He also kept his ears perked as he drank, waiting for any sign of the other cat to make a move.
Zia raised her head as she caught the scent of another cat. After a moment, she spotted them. A dappled tom drinking from the river maybe a tree length away. Flattening her ears, the thick furred molly crept a bit closer, trying to see if he'd noticed her. It looked like he might've, but it seemed obvious that he hadn't seen her yet. Stopping by a small patch of snow, she lowed her head, swallowing a few mouthfuls of the cold icy powder. It was safer than drinking from the river, and less likely to get her noticed.

Then she leaped up, landing lightly on a nearby boulder, her fluffed up fur making her look even bigger than she actually was. She wasn't in the mood to fight. Anyways, it would scar away any prey that may be hiding close by. “Who are you?” she asked, her tail twitching. She forced herself to look and sound friendly, but her voice carried with it a hint of uncertainty to it. It also seemed a tad bit more demanding than friendly, which had not been her goal. Quickly she sat down, wrapping her short, thick tail over her paws.

She didn't want to pick a fight, as that could easily prove fetal in many ways, and she had no interest in getting herself killed because she couldn't back down without a fight. She knew that her father had been killed without a fight, but she wasn't ready. Sighing, she watched, waiting to see how the smaller dappled tomcat would react to her question, or if he had even noticed at all. She knew that some cats tended not to notice when they were being spoken to if they were preoccupied with some other matter.
Old March 15th, 2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:

Zia raised her head as she caught the scent of another cat. After a moment, she spotted them. A dappled tom drinking from the river maybe a tree length away. Flattening her ears, the thick furred molly crept a bit closer, trying to see if he'd noticed her. It looked like he might've, but it seemed obvious that he hadn't seen her yet. Stopping by a small patch of snow, she lowed her head, swallowing a few mouthfuls of the cold icy powder. It was safer than drinking from the river, and less likely to get her noticed.

Then she leaped up, landing lightly on a nearby boulder, her fluffed up fur making her look even bigger than she actually was. She wasn't in the mood to fight. Anyways, it would scar away any prey that may be hiding close by. “Who are you?” she asked, her tail twitching. She forced herself to look and sound friendly, but her voice carried with it a hint of uncertainty to it. It also seemed a tad bit more demanding than friendly, which had not been her goal. Quickly she sat down, wrapping her short, thick tail over her paws.

She didn't want to pick a fight, as that could easily prove fetal in many ways, and she had no interest in getting herself killed because she couldn't back down without a fight. She knew that her father had been killed without a fight, but she wasn't ready. Sighing, she watched, waiting to see how the smaller dappled tomcat would react to her question, or if he had even noticed at all. She knew that some cats tended not to notice when they were being spoken to if they were preoccupied with some other matter.
Sprocket could sense movement but kept drinking, his anxiety was getting to him and he kept telling himself to calm down. He didn't dare to look up and try to spot the cat, his heart pounded against his chest. He kicked himself mentally once again for his anxiety.

He froze completely when a stocky black she-cat jumped onto a boulder and asked who he was. His ears twitched nervously and he took a few moments to become unfrozen. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths, his anxiety didn't go away but it helped a bit. He lifted his head and looked at the cat.

He could tell she wasn't normally a friendly cat, he had spent enough time with Ice to know the signs. But he was glad the cat was trying to sound friendly, meaning they didn't want a fight. "Um.. My name is Sprocket. Who are you?" He asked, his country accent coming out. He tried to hide it at times but it was hard when he was nervous.

Old March 16th, 2017, 03:59 AM
questionmark

Quote:
Sprocket could sense movement but kept drinking, his anxiety was getting to him and he kept telling himself to calm down. He didn't dare to look up and try to spot the cat, his heart pounded against his chest. He kicked himself mentally once again for his anxiety.

He froze completely when a stocky black she-cat jumped onto a boulder and asked who he was. His ears twitched nervously and he took a few moments to become unfrozen. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths, his anxiety didn't go away but it helped a bit. He lifted his head and looked at the cat.

He could tell she wasn't normally a friendly cat, he had spent enough time with Ice to know the signs. But he was glad the cat was trying to sound friendly, meaning they didn't want a fight. "Um.. My name is Sprocket. Who are you?" He asked, his country accent coming out. He tried to hide it at times but it was hard when he was nervous.
Zia shifted, wondering if it would've been better to simply leave without a word, but she shook herself, her fur prickling up. That was no way to act. That was a coward's voice in her head, not her own. The sunlight caught the reddish patches iin her fur, making them seem more prominent than before, and she quickly sidestepped out of the sun into a nearby shadow.

She took a deep breath, then let out in a long, shaky sigh before stepping back from the shadow. “Zia. It's... good to meet ya, Sprocket.” she said, her voice low, but not in an entirely unfriendly tone. Since fighting would do no good, she could pretend to make friends with him, but to her surprise, she found that some of the friendliness she was attempting at wasn't fake, and was genuine. It'd been a long time since she'd actually been friendly towards anyone.

Sitting down with a mildly puzzled expression on her face, she gazed at the brownish-cream and white dappled tom, trying to figure out why he made her feel like it was worth actually being friendly. His eyes did remind her a bit of Ardis's eyes, but not much. She looked down at her paws before standing back up. “So, what brings you out here this far?” she asked, her green eyes dancing with an uncharacteristic curiosity. He seemed like a fairly nice cat, not like some cats she knew.
Old March 16th, 2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:

Zia shifted, wondering if it would've been better to simply leave without a word, but she shook herself, her fur prickling up. That was no way to act. That was a coward's voice in her head, not her own. The sunlight caught the reddish patches iin her fur, making them seem more prominent than before, and she quickly sidestepped out of the sun into a nearby shadow.

She took a deep breath, then let out in a long, shaky sigh before stepping back from the shadow. “Zia. It's... good to meet ya, Sprocket.” she said, her voice low, but not in an entirely unfriendly tone. Since fighting would do no good, she could pretend to make friends with him, but to her surprise, she found that some of the friendliness she was attempting at wasn't fake, and was genuine. It'd been a long time since she'd actually been friendly towards anyone.

Sitting down with a mildly puzzled expression on her face, she gazed at the brownish-cream and white dappled tom, trying to figure out why he made her feel like it was worth actually being friendly. His eyes did remind her a bit of Ardis's eyes, but not much. She looked down at her paws before standing back up. “So, what brings you out here this far?” she asked, her green eyes dancing with an uncharacteristic curiosity. He seemed like a fairly nice cat, not like some cats she knew.

Sprocket took note of how the she-cat preferred the shadow instead of the sunlight. He was a very observant cat and remembered little things about cats he had met, that's how he was able to get along with such a cold cat like Ice.

His ears shifted forward as he heard the cats name. "Zia? That's a pretty interesting name. I like it." He said, mostly to himself. He sometimes like to think out loud when his anxiety is acting up, which can get him into some trouble sometimes.

He sat in a soft patch of grass and wrapped his long tail around him. "I am just wandering around, I guess." He said. He was living in the Twoleg place for a bit but soon got bored, he missed nature. He left the Twoleg just a moon ago and was just traveling. Zia was only the third or fourth cat Sprocket had run into and she was the nicest. "What brings you out here?" He asked as he tilted his head. His eyes shone in the sunlight and with curiosity.

Old March 16th, 2017, 09:54 AM
questionmark

Quote:
Sprocket took note of how the she-cat preferred the shadow instead of the sunlight. He was a very observant cat and remembered little things about cats he had met, that's how he was able to get along with such a cold cat like Ice.

His ears shifted forward as he heard the cats name. "Zia? That's a pretty interesting name. I like it." He said, mostly to himself. He sometimes like to think out loud when his anxiety is acting up, which can get him into some trouble sometimes.

He sat in a soft patch of grass and wrapped his long tail around him. "I am just wandering around, I guess." He said. He was living in the Twoleg place for a bit but soon got bored, he missed nature. He left the Twoleg just a moon ago and was just traveling. Zia was only the third or fourth cat Sprocket had run into and she was the nicest. "What brings you out here?" He asked as he tilted his head. His eyes shone in the sunlight and with curiosity.
Zia watched him closely. He looked and acted as if he too didn't want a fight. That was something she still wasn't entirely used to, having been born somewhere killing each other had been like killing prey, and wasn't discouraged in any way. A smile slowly appeared on her maw as she remembered a tom that had attempted to kill her when she was a kit. She still had scars across her back from his claws.

Flicking her tail, she looked around carefully, keeping an eye out for any prey or possible threats. She heard him comment on her name, and that only confused her. It definitely wasn't something she was used to. She was used to sleeping all day, being awake from dusk to dawn, and fighting everyone with every chance she got. Recently, she'd learned that being a rogue was easier, but still wasn't used to it.

The thick furred molly nodded, her eyes slightly distant. She was sort of more focused on her past. She wondered if Sobek and Haiku were still alive. “Wanderong. Getting away from . . . certain places . . . .” she said in a end-of-topic tone, her voice somewhat hesitant.
Old March 16th, 2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:

Zia watched him closely. He looked and acted as if he too didn't want a fight. That was something she still wasn't entirely used to, having been born somewhere killing each other had been like killing prey, and wasn't discouraged in any way. A smile slowly appeared on her maw as she remembered a tom that had attempted to kill her when she was a kit. She still had scars across her back from his claws.

Flicking her tail, she looked around carefully, keeping an eye out for any prey or possible threats. She heard him comment on her name, and that only confused her. It definitely wasn't something she was used to. She was used to sleeping all day, being awake from dusk to dawn, and fighting everyone with every chance she got. Recently, she'd learned that being a rogue was easier, but still wasn't used to it.

The thick furred molly nodded, her eyes slightly distant. She was sort of more focused on her past. She wondered if Sobek and Haiku were still alive. “Wanderong. Getting away from . . . certain places . . . .” she said in a end-of-topic tone, her voice somewhat hesitant.
Sprocket observed Zia carefully as she spoke, he could tell she didn't want to go into further detail and he understood. Ice was the same way when he first traveled with him. He didn't want to get into his past either, he didn't know this cat well enough.

Sprocket's stomach growled loudly and he folded his ears back in annoyance. "Sorry about that." He mumbled to himself. He knew the other cat was probably just as hungry as he was, considering it was leafbare.

Old March 16th, 2017, 05:58 PM
questionmark

Quote:
Sprocket observed Zia carefully as she spoke, he could tell she didn't want to go into further detail and he understood. Ice was the same way when he first traveled with him. He didn't want to get into his past either, he didn't know this cat well enough.

Sprocket's stomach growled loudly and he folded his ears back in annoyance. "Sorry about that." He mumbled to himself. He knew the other cat was probably just as hungry as he was, considering it was leafbare.
Zia couldn't help but chuckle slightly as his stomach rumbled. She guessed that he was as hungry as she was. She remembered when she used to help hunt for Ardis, and again felt her deep longing for the older molly, who had passed during the first days on snow. Then she lifted her head, a
warm, musty smell touching her nose.

She instantly fell silent, staying still. It was rabbit, no doubt about to emerge from its warren. She gave a flick of her tail to Sprocket, motioning towards the dark hole several fox lengths to the side of them. Mouthing the word "rabbit", she dropped into a crouch, making a wide circle around the hole, hoping to get behind it. The smell was very strong, and it made her mouth water. She didn't trust the dappled tom, but she decided that this was how she'd test him. She would see if he would help her catch the rabbit. If he did, she would share it, and then they would go their separate ways.
Old March 17th, 2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:

Zia couldn't help but chuckle slightly as his stomach rumbled. She guessed that he was as hungry as she was. She remembered when she used to help hunt for Ardis, and again felt her deep longing for the older molly, who had passed during the first days on snow. Then she lifted her head, a
warm, musty smell touching her nose.

She instantly fell silent, staying still. It was rabbit, no doubt about to emerge from its warren. She gave a flick of her tail to Sprocket, motioning towards the dark hole several fox lengths to the side of them. Mouthing the word "rabbit", she dropped into a crouch, making a wide circle around the hole, hoping to get behind it. The smell was very strong, and it made her mouth water. She didn't trust the dappled tom, but she decided that this was how she'd test him. She would see if he would help her catch the rabbit. If he did, she would share it, and then they would go their separate ways.
Sprocket heard Zia's chuckle and smiled a bit, then a strong smell hit his nose. He noticed Zia smelt it to and looked towards the dark hole. He nodded to her as she mouthed the word and waited to see where she would head first. He knew rabbits were hard to catch and both of them were hungry so he hoped if he helped her catch the rabbit she would share. He crouched down, keeping his foot steps light. He hid in a small bush near the dark hole, waiting for Zia to make the first move.