Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Today 02:28 AM
minkpaws new everything...
by alec
Last post by alec
Today 02:27 AM
ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by alec
Today 02:16 AM
The joke box
Last post by CallMeCrimson
Today 02:02 AM
How many buhs can we get
by hades.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 01:34 AM

Old April 16th, 2024, 11:28 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Dusklion - RiverClan Head Lionheart
She/her | 27 moons | Go with the Flow, Beefed Up T3, Rapid Recovery, Shadow Fiend
A huge yawn parted her jaws as Dusklion slipped into the den, head shaking to clear the disorientation that plagued her. She was on night... however many without much sleep, but everything was fine. Her eyes could still see, ears could still hear, nose could still scent... even if they weren't, it was better than the hellish nightmares that plagued her if she even dared close her eyes. The dark tabby just had to keep justifying it by saying that it was in self-defense. It had to have been. He had crossed the border, and -

"Fades?" It was... odd that this was her brother's den. Stranger still that they had yet to really speak since his recovery. Dusk didn't know where she stood with him, but she wouldn't let it get in the way of finally getting this reported. Birdsnow had been nowhere to report it to, so she had kept it to herself until she felt her brother was well enough to help her figure out what to do about it.

Eyes finding the orange-and-black split pelt of her brother, the smaller tabby stifled another yawn. "Tried to report to Birdsnow, but she wasn't around, 'n I wanted to wait until you were... better." Okay, swallow that thick bout of emotion, no time for it right now. "While you were out I sent some border 'n huntin' patrols. Well, the Sedgewater Valley one came back - with three dead cats, I might add." Fluff-for-brains, really. "Roseheart, Irishawk, 'n Moonfur. Buried 'em out at Sleepy Thicket awhile back, tried to tell Birdsnow... 'n well, I'll leave you to guess if that was successful or not." Another scoff.

"Didn't see the point in reportin' it until you were back to full strength, but now that you are - 'n leader to boot, at that - you get to help me figure out how we're gonna get ourselves outta this mess." Because I might've made it worse. But Dusklion didn't dare say that part yet. She wasn't sure on how close her brother and her were anymore - best to not say anything that could get her kicked out now that he had the power to do so (though she hoped he wouldn't do that...)

[ Fadingsun - @occultation ]

"and so with my face turned up to the rain... i live."
character site | about me | roleplay tracker | toyhouse

Last edited by taillow; April 16th, 2024 at 11:28 PM.
Old April 17th, 2024, 12:31 AM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Wrenpaw
~<>~
32/100
9 moons || she/her || RiverClan Apprentice || Silver Tongue
medium furred silver smoke she-cat; blue eyes

Stupid dumb... Birdsnow never answered her original question the first time Wren had come to ask it. She'd sat outside the den for so long without a response that eventually the silver apprentice had slunk back to the apprentice's den grumbling. And now Birdsnow wasn't even leader. Instead, Wrenpaw had to come back to this stupid den and ask a simple question - really, it was just a yes or no answer! - to Fadingsun. Tail lashing behind her, Wrenpaw stops outside the entrance to the den, frowning with preemptive annoyance.

"Fadingsun!" She called out, "Can I come in? I've got a question for you."

[ @occultation ]

It felt so weird to be in here, much less receiving visitors who needed and wanted to speak to him about leader things. He knew that Birdsnow wasn't fit for leadership anymore; he knew that her decision had been the best, and yet, why did it still feel so... strange and almost wrong?

To put it frankly, Fadingsun wasn't a huge fan of being in here. Being in here meant that the change to leadership stared him straight in his face, its gaping dark eyes promising an uncertain future that his paws not only had the ability to shape, but the requirement to.

Wrenpaw's call shook him out of his thoughts. Straightening into a sitting position and smoothing a few bits of ruffled fur, he responded, "Come on in. What's up?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag View Post

--
No Purrks

Aha! He found a way in. Hm, this place was way too empty. and super dark! "Fadingsun? Are you in here cause wow we need to get some cool things in here!" He jumps up. Her head almost hitting the den wall as she does such due to their direction. "You know what would be super cool? Getting some animal skulls or something, maybe flowers, oo oo I know! Vines!" She jumps around the den, pointing at certain walls and the ceiling as they speak.

[ @occultation ]

Stickpaw's arrival scared the bejeezus out of Fadingsun. He hadn't been expecting it; his only visitor thus far had announced her presence before coming in, so he'd foolishly thought that was what everyone would do.

Thankfully, no disaster was occurring that needed urgent response. In fact, Stickpaw seemed nothing but bubbly. Bubbly in a way that made awkward anxiety begin to creep up into his pelt. How was one supposed to handle a bundle of fur that bounced from wall to wall? Apprentices had... feelings? Yes, obviously. But they were different from adult feelings, and that's where he found himself often getting tripped up.

So, it was no surprise that his initial response to Stickpaw's enthusiasm was a mixture of confusion and hesitance. "Uh, yeah, I suppose we can do that. Wouldn't you rather be out training than helping me with a boring job like that?" Surely no apprentice would rather spend time decorating than training, especially one on the older side like Stickpaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post
Dusklion - RiverClan Head Lionheart
She/her | 27 moons | Go with the Flow, Beefed Up T3, Rapid Recovery, Shadow Fiend
A huge yawn parted her jaws as Dusklion slipped into the den, head shaking to clear the disorientation that plagued her. She was on night... however many without much sleep, but everything was fine. Her eyes could still see, ears could still hear, nose could still scent... even if they weren't, it was better than the hellish nightmares that plagued her if she even dared close her eyes. The dark tabby just had to keep justifying it by saying that it was in self-defense. It had to have been. He had crossed the border, and -

"Fades?" It was... odd that this was her brother's den. Stranger still that they had yet to really speak since his recovery. Dusk didn't know where she stood with him, but she wouldn't let it get in the way of finally getting this reported. Birdsnow had been nowhere to report it to, so she had kept it to herself until she felt her brother was well enough to help her figure out what to do about it.

Eyes finding the orange-and-black split pelt of her brother, the smaller tabby stifled another yawn. "Tried to report to Birdsnow, but she wasn't around, 'n I wanted to wait until you were... better." Okay, swallow that thick bout of emotion, no time for it right now. "While you were out I sent some border 'n huntin' patrols. Well, the Sedgewater Valley one came back - with three dead cats, I might add." Fluff-for-brains, really. "Roseheart, Irishawk, 'n Moonfur. Buried 'em out at Sleepy Thicket awhile back, tried to tell Birdsnow... 'n well, I'll leave you to guess if that was successful or not." Another scoff.

"Didn't see the point in reportin' it until you were back to full strength, but now that you are - 'n leader to boot, at that - you get to help me figure out how we're gonna get ourselves outta this mess." Because I might've made it worse. But Dusklion didn't dare say that part yet. She wasn't sure on how close her brother and her were anymore - best to not say anything that could get her kicked out now that he had the power to do so (though she hoped he wouldn't do that...)

Whenever Fadingsun heard his sister's voice these days, it inspired a cacophony of different emotions inside. Love, hope, confusion, uncertainty, anxiety. He had absolutely no clue how she really felt about him. His days spent in and out of consciousness after the attack on him were ones of uncertainty. He'd known that she'd been there, but for what reason... he wasn't entirely sure.

She'd supported him at the meeting, but it had only been around a moon ago when she'd had her outburst. They hadn't talked about it. Since then, they hadn't had any moment that bore resemblance to those they'd had before. Would they go back to that bond, one day? Or had it been shattered irrevocably?

All of those questions were too hard to answer, and listening to Dusklion's report, it didn't seem like now was the time to try to answer them. Clearly the three dead cats hadn't died by accident- WindClan had something to do with it. "Tell me everything you know about what happened." His tone was professional, perhaps a little removed, even. That was the best way to handle things, at least until him and Dusklion had a proper conversation about everything.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old April 17th, 2024, 09:30 AM
hunting from the shadows.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

--
No Purrks | 13 Moons

He seemed questioning of her. And it only lead Stickpaw to take it as a challenge! Fadingsun had always seemed down like all the fishing time and it was time to cheer him up! “Um no. I have all the time in the clans to train, but you don’t have all that time to get cozy in here.and stick around…. But Stickpaw didn’t let her doubtful feelings be heard. “Okay, get up. You big snoozer, we have decorating to do! Oh oh! I heard stories about Lionstar having uh cat’s skull in his den…can we not do that…?” Stickpaw shudders at the thought of that. She wasn’t a huge fan of harming others but the skull of Lionstar’s really freaked them out! Plus it made them think of Dawnstar.

The apprentice is bouncing up and down with excitement. A surge of energy in each step. She was just about to drag him to get things in order in here. White paws tapping back and forth.

[ @occultation ]

when does man become a monster?
i am your darkest moment
the monster that always draws near
any last words?

✰ [ fading’s carrd | lightningeagle's carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen

Last edited by stag; April 17th, 2024 at 09:44 AM.
Old April 17th, 2024, 12:52 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum

Quote:
Originally Posted by occultation View Post

It felt so weird to be in here, much less receiving visitors who needed and wanted to speak to him about leader things. He knew that Birdsnow wasn't fit for leadership anymore; he knew that her decision had been the best, and yet, why did it still feel so... strange and almost wrong?

To put it frankly, Fadingsun wasn't a huge fan of being in here. Being in here meant that the change to leadership stared him straight in his face, its gaping dark eyes promising an uncertain future that his paws not only had the ability to shape, but the requirement to.

Wrenpaw's call shook him out of his thoughts. Straightening into a sitting position and smoothing a few bits of ruffled fur, he responded, "Come on in. What's up?"

Wrenpaw
~<>~
37/100
9 moons || she/her || RiverClan Apprentice || Silver Tongue
medium furred silver smoke she-cat; blue eyes

Once she was allowed in, Wrenpaw got straight to the point. There was no use beating around the bush and she was never one to be coy about what she wanted, she'd make herself very clear even if others maybe didn't like hearing what she had to say so much. This question, luckily, was one that Fadingsun perhaps wouldn't find horrid, hell, he might even be proud of her ambitions! But she wouldn't put words in his mouth, that was for him to tell her if he wanted to, not for her to speculate. Taking a seat, the silver feline leveled clear, azure eyes on her leader and folded her tail in front of her forepaws.

"What's the earliest you'd allow me to graduate?" She asks simply, expression carefully neutral, as if she cared about his answer, but not enough to make a fuss. Truthfully, she would make a fuss if he said she'd have to wait until her 12th moon, but not in front of him, that would only prove to him his answer was correct. "If I complete the rest of my training and get an assessment done as fast as possible, would I be allowed to have my ceremony at 10 moons?" There's ambition and drive, and some cats have one or neither, if you asked Wrenpaw, she'd say she has both. The ambition to be the best warrior she can be - perhaps a lionheart eventually - and to put ThunderClan in their place, and the drive and determination to get it done.
Old April 17th, 2024, 03:30 PM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Adderpaw
Determined ⋆ Loyal ⋆ Lawful Good ⋆ She/Her ⋆ Beefed Up T3
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”
@occultation

Adderpaw took a deep breath. She had gone into leader's dens many of times but this was a new leader, Fadingsun. She wondered how long they were going to stick around or if she was going to have to ask this question to the next resident of this den in a moons time. C'mon Adderpaw don't think like that, you are letting all the other doubters get to your mind now. Fadingsun would stick around this time. He would be the one and she would be backing him all the way. That's how things were meant to be.

Though she was going to test the waters a little and just walk straight on in boldly and confidently. Now bowing or asking to come in like a scared kit. Just straight forwards and to the point. "Fadingsun, I want to talk to you." Adderpaw started.

"I want to become a warrior as soon as possible. I'd prefer to be a warrior within this moon, would that be possible? I could complete the extra training in no time flat but I can't stand being an apprentice anymore." She tried to not let the emotions get the better of her but they were showing near the end. She took a deep breath. The nine moon apprentice could hope.

"I think I did prove myself well when defending the camp from Thunderclan, in two fights one of the cats never made it out.. The other? Well, tch, he left worse for wear!" She snickered misremembering the events with that one cat. It was more a draw but don't tell Adderpaw that. "Does that still count for the assessment by the way? Or with the new courses do I have to do another one?" She felt like she was asking if they had homework to the teacher here while hoping the teacher would not ask for last nights homework.. Yet it would be immoral to pretend there might have no actually been more work.

"On another note, I have done this before with leaders past but would you like a cool and capable bodyguard such as myself? While there hasn't been talk of rebellion yet I do not doubt some of the clanmates will go there. Having someone to watch your back might not be a bad idea." Adderpaw suggested. In her mind she was not a young cat so this was only reasonable. "And speaking of traitorous cats. If I hear some talk on that how should I handle the situation. Throw paws or just go and talk to you? I figure the later but I don't know how you want to handle things."

Seesh Adderpaw was pretty good at talking cats ears off. Hopefully Fadingsun had some good glue, he was going to need it.
Old April 19th, 2024, 01:54 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan's head lionheart | 27 moons
The professional tone that her brother took on, the way it was clipped... yeah, it hurt. Dusklion tried her best to withstand it but she had never been good at concealing her emotions like Fades had. The hurt flashed across her face bright as day, before fading into brief sorrow. It made her eyes sting but she refused to let any tears fall as her jaw hardened. If that's the way he wanted to handle things right now... then, she would just have to put up with it. For now, at least.

"Guess they somehow found their way to WindClan's camp, pissin' off Twilightstar to no surprise. No idea how they even managed that - I don't even know where WindClan's camp is, 'n if I remember right they relocated after a fire not even a full season-cycle ago." The dark tabby's brows furrowed in thought as her plume of a tail came to thump to the ground at her side. "Figure they'll want some sort of explanation, but I've got no idea what to give 'em other than a thank you for takin' care of the fluff-for-brains for us - or, I guess what you'll give 'em."

There was a bit of an edge to the end of her words as her blue eyes lifted back up to Fades. Something about his approach to this made it clear it would be him handling this, and him alone. She had maybe had a small inking, a brief flicker of hope, that perhaps they could put everything behind them and maybe, just maybe, she could try again for a shot at being his deputy. But those hopes had been doused by his cold words, and Dusklion didn't feel like getting an actual no - she'd just take the situation as it was.

Perhaps if they were on better terms, the head Lionheart would tell him about Fallownose. But that was risky, and right now she wasn't entirely sure Fades wouldn't throw her out of the Clan for it. So for now she kept that part to herself.

"and so with my face turned up to the rain... i live."
character site | about me | roleplay tracker | toyhouse

Last edited by taillow; April 19th, 2024 at 01:58 AM.
Old April 19th, 2024, 07:19 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Apparently Fadingsun thought having opinions was a bad thing - something Redmire could not and refused to understand. To speak about making changes for the better, then start out by making some of the worst Redmire had ever heard, and then refusing to hear feedback on it made zero sense to her. Kicked out of the meeting? Ridiculous. So as soon as she and Owltalon had returned to the camp, Redmire split off from the Lionheart and made a bee-line for his den.

She entered without announcing herself and sat down in front of the interest, eyes sharp. "I have a lot of things to say to you, but I'm doing you a favor and only saying the biggest. And if you're really serious about wanting to make RiverClan better than this hell-pit we are right now, then you should do yourself a favor and listen to me."

[ @occultation ]
Old April 20th, 2024, 03:09 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Unpredictable

Skyfall and Appleberry calmly made their way towards the entrance, looking at one another.
"Heya Fadingsun. Well done on making it to leader position. Just thought we'd let ya know- if anything is ever on your mind and you need someone to talk to, we're always open to hear you. Mainly my very optimistic brother beside me." Skyfall spoke in his friendly and caring voice, meowing gently.
Appleberry seemed to almost be bouncing off the walls with energy. "Oh-oh- and, can I mentor one of the next apprentices please?? I've never been a mentor before and I want to try it!" He asked very enthusiastically. It was his happiness that always lit up a room, and with his constant energy he seemed like he had the personality of an eager apprentice.
@occultation [Fadingsun, who Appleberry thinks will be a great leader and deserves lots of respect.]

Last edited by Forgetfulshape; April 20th, 2024 at 03:11 AM.
Old April 21st, 2024, 08:55 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 17 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze sighed a yet another meeting of chaos had ended. He was still in slight disbelief about the warriors that had broken into the Windclan camp. That was actually insane, even for Riverclan. The lionheart got to his paws and made his way over to pick out a fish from the pile, he hoped that Fadingsun didn't mind the choice. He walked over to the den and laid the fish near his paws to gently call out from outside the den rather than just walking right in. "Fadingsun, I have something I wish to discuss with you about your recent decision." He offered, tired from the meeting. There was too much yelling but some of the cats had a point. Apprentice training being one of those points, Seabreeze hoped to clear that up so that there was one less thing for his clan mates to complain about with the recent decision. He was sure that Fadingsun would be fine with the idea but there was no harm in running it by his leader first.
[ @occultation - Fadingsun ]
Old April 21st, 2024, 10:05 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Eaglepaw
RiverClan
she/her | 7 moons | 25/100
[Golden and white tuxedo tabby with green eyes]
Purrks: Dreamwalker, Herbal Knowledge T2
· · ────────────── · ·
[Fadingsun - @occultation ] [Dusklion - @taillow ]
· · ────────────── · ·
"FADINGSUN!" Eaglepaw's breathless voice echoed through the den moments before the young apprentice barreled through the entrance. In her mouth, she carried a rusted, broken chain. Hopefully Dusklion was on her tail--the apprentice hadn't bothered waiting for her as she raced through the territory back the way they came towards camp. "Fadingsun. I need to speak to you NOW." Her voice shook, tears glistening in her eyes. Someone had hurt Rushwater, someone had managed to rip this chain off of him, there were signs of a struggle--Fadingsun would know what to do, right??
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~