Tree's Ascension [p]
Last post by Starfall
Today 08:16 PM

Old February 25th, 2024, 02:45 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

A tired sigh escaped her as Cobwebpaw started sobbing and panicking. She lowered her voice to try to be more calm and soothing, but her words might not have helped much but Cobwebpaw was warrior aged. Birdsnow had seen far worse and gone through far worse so perhaps it was her fault for not being as understanding. But this was an adult cat and she couldn’t baby the apprentice either. She was just disappointed; she expected better from her, but maybe that was her own fault.

”Pull yourself together. You’re young, but you’re basically an adult. Adults take responsibility for their actions and I expect you to also.” She layed off of Cobweb, though, because Sweetsong was a whole ‘nother level.

”You’re right, Sweetsong. If we unsheathed our claws on her, we’d be wrong because she doesn’t know better. She doesn’t know better because YOU didn’t use your pacifist beliefs and show her out of our territory nicely. You were warning her about the dangers of this forest knowing damn well that you were putting her in the most immediate danger of all by letting her stay here. I made it very clear that I don’t want outsiders on our Clan territory.”

She forced her tone to grow calmer, not wanting to totally lose it. That wouldn’t look good. ”Outsiders are dangerous and maybe this one isn’t, but if we start a trend of welcoming outsiders on our land, it welcomes danger. Maybe you don’t understand that, but I sure as hell do, and I’m not going to let what happened to me and so many others happen again if I can help it. Get back to camp.”

Distorted images ran through her mind, face remaining the same but eyes growing very briefly clouded.

Screaming.

Her legs being twisted.

Claws tore into every inch of her.

Blood was in her mouth.

Scared. She was so scared.

Teeth came down for her neck and-

FOCUS. Good thing her death had never been announced. Her words would’ve made a lot more sense and she wasn’t ready for anyone to bring it up. Dad knew. Misty knew. Hazelstorm knew. But that was all. And she was glad. But she was also a former outsider. She knew how helpless she had felt. No home. No family.

But if she let this cat in, she’d have to let them all in.

”We don’t have room for any more cats now. Come back in a moon if you still want to join us, sit on the border instead of coming onto our territory and then you and I can talk and see if we can have you join. But it’s a no for right now, we aren’t allowing any newcomers in. You do need to leave now, though.” Her voice was surprisingly calm, grounded, just for the moment. Leadership was bringing out the worst in her, she observed. But did it ever make anyone better?

She turned to Fadingsun, for a split second seeking validation that she made the right choice but then decided she didn’t need it. The scarred ragdoll nodded to him, though, because he certainly did the right thing in her mind. She was glad Sweetsong had failed to manipulate him, too. She’d be having some words with those cats. Lots of troublemakers to shout out at the next meeting, for sure.

[ @Rose @Cherry~ @finley.exe @Tiabirb ]

Last edited by poppy; February 25th, 2024 at 02:49 PM.
Old February 26th, 2024, 07:13 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Melody
She/Her

Melody didn't wish for her ears to droop, her head to lower further. But it happened, unbidden, anyway. Her emotions open and unmasked for all to see. Something tugged at her heart, something foreign and heavy and burdensome and not at all welcome. Emotions hadn't been this... vast before. All Melody had ever known was happiness and contentment.

But this? This... it felt like when Melody had had to watch her favorite blooming flower wither in the winter. Had been made to watch as a white blanket coated the land, hiding the garden that she and Greta loved with all their hearts. This... it felt like the one time Melody had waited for hours on end, sitting quietly under a rosebush and watching as something that clung to a leaf squirmed and wriggled around on the inside before peeling away and unfurling. Melody had felt so much awe as something yellow with wings crept out - a butterfly, she later learned - and took it's first flight, except not a moment later one of Greta's clumsy paws had stepped right onto it, and all of Melody's joy had winked out just because of a mere, careless moment. She'd felt something dark inside her, then. Dark, and twisted, and unwanted. Later, after a weak attempt to be angry at Greta and being pulled into the upwalker's lap anyway, Melody had sat there, content and warm and purring, never wanting to feel that ... that dark feeling again.

Because this was her, through and through. An innocent, unknowing of the world. Her emotions were pure, unfiltered. Her naivity was unrivaled. One second, she was a ray of sunshine, bright and vivid and stunning. Blinding. The next, a wilting flower, on the verge of decay. Death in it's most potent form.

Adult, and yet, child-like.

Having spent only a couple days without Greta, without a home, Melody had felt so much - too much - in this little time that her heart hurt from the inside, a turbulent tangle of emotions, impossible to unravel. She'd felt something new - it was like constantly looking over one's shoulder, feeling like one was being chased, but never knowing what trailed behind. Melody had no words for these confusing emotions, for truly, she'd never felt them before now. And then she'd felt another emotion when Sweetsong and Cobwebpaw had described where they hailed from - it was like running towards something, knowing that whatever awaited ahead was worth the effort, but that feeling had been squashed with the arrival of the hostile cats.

But a lifetime of cheer, a lifetime of love and compassion, was not so easily squashed - oh no. Letting out a shuddering breath at the thought of the unknown blackness of her future stretching out in front of her, the marble tabby raised her gaze, gold-flecked blue gaze resting on the scarred blue-mitted feline. "Okay," she whispered. Only a little while longer, Melody would have to be alone, and then she could come back. It didn't mean she had a place to call her own, it didn't mean she had a reliable food source - but seeing the beacon of light shining down at her from the end of the tunnel made hope bloom in Melody's chest. "I'll wait."

She would wait. For the chance of a home, a chance to belong among her kind, Melody would wait forever if that was what was required of her.

Stepping forward one last time, Melody removed the sprig of wisteria from where it was tucked behind her left ear and gently cradled the last reminder of her old home in her paws as she lowered it to the ground where Birdsnow stood. "Here you go, a gift if you'll have it." She whispered, voice wobbling, peeking up at the leader. "This would look better on you than it did on me." Paws trembling a moment as Melody forced her limbs away from the flowers that held so much sentimental value to her, the former kittypet stepped back, confused of the feeling of burning behind her eyes. What was happening to her? Melody lifted a shocked paw to her cheek when something warm slid down the side of her cheek, the sensation one she'd never experienced before.

Melody turned away, feeling strangely... strange? The proper word would be embarrassed, but Melody didn't know that. "I don't know where the border is." She said finally, gaze on the horizon. "If I could impose enough to ask if one of you could show me..." The tabby glanced over her shoulder only at Birdsnow and Fadingsun. She didn't dare look toward Sweetsong and Cobwebpaw - she'd gotten them in enough trouble as it was. "I'll keep to my proper place next time."

[ @finley.exe - Cobwebpaw / @Tiabirb - Sweetsong / @Cherry~ - Fadingsun / @poppy - Birdsnow | melody being shown the border can be off-screened if bird says yes to that o7 ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old February 26th, 2024, 07:19 PM
richie lipschitz !!!

Bump Policy: 1 day time sensitive, 2 days if not [ please provide link ]

ᗢ cobwebpaw ᗢ

purrks ; the collector , herbal knowledge tier 2
she/they . rc . 14 moons . one lame leg . tags ; @Tiabirb , @Cherry~ , @poppy , @Rose

[ 116 / 200 ]

trigger warnings for this post: recovery from meltdown
' i knew what i was doing was wrong.. but.. it's not all sweetsong's fault. i should take accountability too, it was.. my choice too.. ' cobwebpaw paused to hiccup, feeling the eyes of everyone in the clearing on her. ' fadingsun, i'm awa-aware-aware i'm 14 moons and not very trained. ' she swallowed, licking tears from her fur.

' that fact isn't l-lost-lost on me. sorry. ' stuttering was something that happened when cobweb was stressed out, angry, grieving- and she didn't like it. ' but while it is partially my fault, that i'm not very trained, it's also not total-totally my fault. ' done speaking to fadingsun, she turned to birdsnow. ' i'm sorry. i really am. i-i've-i've been trying t' prove myself- '

with a whimper as eye contact got too much, cobwebpaw continued. ' to my clan, and to you, and to everyone. melody.. i'm sorry everythin' had to end like this. ' clearing her throat, cobweb followed sweetsong, though not without an exhausted look back at the other cats gathered in the clearing. ' birdsnow. could we talk when we get back..? '

[ hey look who pre-wrote this. lmao anyways angst right guys ]

cobwebpaw ☆ warblerpaw
trackers
Old February 27th, 2024, 12:18 PM
Matching with @/Bean

Status: A true warrior — the best warrior — isn't cruel or mean.
Bump Policy: 1-2 Days
My Mood: Unpredictable

BeanFloat
|He/him | 18 moons | Purrks: Beefed up Tier Two;Not Skiddin' Around; Mind Reader | Straight | Warrior |
light marmalade fur with very bright fawn spots, green and blue eyes

Tags; @cybervoid [Stormwhistle] @Fish [Adderpaw]

#Beanpatrols
[Roll 7-20D] - Fail

Beanfloat walked out of the camp hoping his patrol members where behind him he looked around in the familiar spot he was so used to seeing. When am I going to be able to patrol somewhere else? he thought to himself looking behind him hopping to see his patrol mates as he growled his fresh new scars still stinged and the cobwebs over his back and eyelids and under his eye was not helping he lifted his nose. Before he caught the scent of a squirrel he followed the scent before he got close enough. To see the pelt of it he bunched his muscles ready to pounce but a piece of prey somewhere else stepped on a stick making the squirrel run off he chased after it but it climbed up a tree before he could get to it. He growled slightly. As he lifted his head hoping he didn't scare off all the prey to be able to find at least another piece. He walked around and searched on what felt like moons.

[Roll 3-20D] - Fail

Not being able to find a scent he walked away hopping somewhere a little bit in the woods away from the graveyard would be able to hold at least some more better prey.

[Roll 16-20D] - Success

He was spot on as he caught a glance of a family of shrews spread out so if you could catch one the others would run off and he could chase some of them if he was able to he stalked towards one making sure his paws where light and featherly even though he was heavily stalked. The leaves where slippery but his paws where good enough that he would slip. He bunched up his muscles as his gaze lingered on the shrew jumping before pouncing on it giving thanks to StarClan as he chased after another shrew pouncing on it before it could get away but the rest of the shrews got away at least he was able to catch two of them. He picked up the shrews and walked back towards the group burying it.

"I was able to catch these put I would try farther in the woods because I kinda scare some prey away from here" he meowed sheepishly. "But the forest holds lots of prey, there are some shrews around because I just chased a family of them so your best luck is over there!" he nodded towards the group. "Im going to move a bit farther into the woods to catch some more" he nodded to the group taking a deep breath as he padded back towards the woods.

VM me STARS

My Characters thoughts and actions are not mine but theirs.

Please don't quote me during a roleplay unless you place it into spoilers!
| Characters| Training Trackers | Darkclan |Art Shop & Tradel| Bugclan| Art Page |

Last edited by Beanz; February 27th, 2024 at 12:22 PM.
Old February 27th, 2024, 02:43 PM
BLARGH !!!

My Mood: Psychedelic

Stormwhistle

(base by supurrnovae on DA)

He/Him ✩ Warrior ✩ Sociable

"Alrighty..." Stormwhistle nodded at Beanfloat's hunting recommendations.

(D20 roll: 18) (Environment roll: 14)

Stormwhistle followed Beanfloat further into the thicket and then turned to head the opposite direction of him so they would not be hunting too close together.

After he was satisfied with where he was, the tom stopped to close his eyes and take in the smells of his surroundings. Right away he sensed mice nearby.

Yes!! He thought to himself as he crouched low and followed the scent.

(D20 roll: 10) (Mouse roll: 8)

Stormwhistle stealthily positioned himself behind a fallen tree, just so he could hardly see the mouse but know it was there.

With one quick leap he pounced and BOOM! Got it! It didn't take much for Storm to kill the lil guy but ... the mouse was rather small.

Well thank starclan I got it but.. I'm gonna have to find more if I don't want to be laughed at... He thought

(D20 roll: 8) (Environment roll: 19)

After heading back to the meeting spot and burying the mouse, Stormwhistle padded further into the woods, hoping to find a scent. He got pretty far when he stopped. Nothing. Ugh he was gonna have to walk back and try a different direction. Did the others already catch everything here??

(D20 roll: 14) (Environment roll: 17)

Foxdung! Nothing again! He was going to have to scour this entire forest before he found more prey! He figured he would try one last direction.

(D20 roll: 6) (Environment roll: 1)

Just has he was giving up... wait... was that... yes! A scent!

Stormwhistle excitedly followed the scent to find a few squirrels hanging around. This should be goo

(D20 roll: 19) (Squirrels: 17)
Stormwhistle crouched low, trying not to let himself get too excited and spoil the kill.

Quickly he bounced up, paws outstretched and claws plummeting down!

He only managed to get one, as the others were fast to get away. That should be good for now!

Stormwhistle headed back to the group and waited for the others to return.

@Beanz @Fish

Last edited by cybervoid; February 27th, 2024 at 02:46 PM.
Old February 28th, 2024, 10:09 PM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Adderpaw
Determined ⋆ Loyal ⋆ Lawful Good ⋆ She/Her ⋆ Beefed Up T3
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”
5, 16, 20
@Beanz @cybervoid

This was the first time in a while since Adderpaw had been out here. Last time she was here she helped Larkstar bury her brother which put a very somber tone to this spot. Then again this whole place was where they buried their dead, how could it not be somber to begin with

While they walked toward the haunted territory, Adderpaw wondered if there really were any ghost wandering around here. There was a rumor that there was one cat wandering around her but she couldn't remember the ghost's name. A bitter part of her wondered if this was where all the Riverclan spirit were instead of up in the stars. It would make sense in how little Starclan seemed to want to help Riverclan. Starclan, what a joke.

Seeing the others were splitting off to go hunt, Adderpaw decided it was probably in her best interest to do the same thing. So she trotted off to find the scent of prey. All she caught at first was an old scent trail of a mouse who probably skittered this path three days ago. She wasn’t feeling motivated at all as it still felt wrong to hunt around where they buried their dead. What if the Riverclan spirits buried here became the very prey they were hunting. Suddenly Adderpaw felt very sick.

The young apprentice took time to go find a puddle to drink some water and collect herself. After a few laps of water she heard something rustling in the grass and quickly got into position. Forgetting all the thoughts that was tainting her mind, Adderpaw went in for the kill.

A squirrel was sniffing around trying to see if it could find any seeds or nuts leftover or forgotten about. Yet it was never going to get the chance to eat a hidden bounty as Adderpaw came in for the shrike and killed the squirrel swiftly. She hid the body elsewhere for safe keeping.

Now in the groove, Adderpaw went out looking for more prey to capture. She silently crept around the area before coming up to a small grouping of shrews. It only took a swift swipe for Adderpaw to get three of them with ease.

Feeling pride surge in her she wondered back to where they all were to meet up and placed down all here prey there while she waited for time to go back. “I think I am ready to go back if all of you are.” Adderpaw said, looking around the area. She could have sworn she saw a light mist rolling in but perhaps she was just seeing things.

Last edited by Fish; February 28th, 2024 at 10:09 PM.
Old February 29th, 2024, 05:11 AM
Warrior

Bump Policy: 2 Days~
My Mood: Inspired

~Blackfeather~
Female, 27 Moons
RIVERCLAN - Warrior
A starless-night black, short-haired she-cat, with vicious deep-blue eyes.
Mate: No one.
Family: Sister of Duststorm.

Blackfeather strutted amongst the gravesites, disregarding any respect for the dead. If they were dead, they allowed themselves to be dead. There was no excuse.

She whisked her long, thin tail, looking to see the new mounds. It always helped her to see who she out lived. And to see whose mistakes she could learn from.

A rustling nearby alerted her, and she jumped off the disturbed dirt, appearing solemn and respectful as always.

@Fish
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," William Shakespeare
"Maybe it needs one of these doo-hickeys?" Arcee - Transformers PRIME

Last edited by RoboPrism; February 29th, 2024 at 08:58 PM.
Old February 29th, 2024, 05:24 AM
Adderpaw my darling

Adderpaw
This will be taking on after sometime after Adderpaw's patrol here @RoboPrism

Adderpaw was troubled in thoughts and decided that she would take a little walk to try and clear her mind. She managed to sneak out of camp and trotted her way towards the Sleepy Thicket. Truth be told plain and true, she felt a weird nagging sensation about this place when she had gone on patrol earlier and wanted to walk the ground to see if there really were ghosts here. Of course she wanted to come alone just in case that other cats would scare the ghosts off.

She heard something rustling the grass up ahead and she stalked towards it till she saw just a warrior. Adderpaw wasn't sure it she wanted to be disappointed or happy at this moment. "Oh hey... What is your name?" Adderpaw asked trying not to seem upset they weren't a ghost.

Last edited by Fish; February 29th, 2024 at 05:24 AM.
Old February 29th, 2024, 05:52 AM
Warrior

Bump Policy: 2 Days~
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Adderpaw
This will be taking on after sometime after Adderpaw's patrol here @RoboPrism

Adderpaw was troubled in thoughts and decided that she would take a little walk to try and clear her mind. She managed to sneak out of camp and trotted her way towards the Sleepy Thicket. Truth be told plain and true, she felt a weird nagging sensation about this place when she had gone on patrol earlier and wanted to walk the ground to see if there really were ghosts here. Of course she wanted to come alone just in case that other cats would scare the ghosts off.

She heard something rustling the grass up ahead and she stalked towards it till she saw just a warrior. Adderpaw wasn't sure it she wanted to be disappointed or happy at this moment. "Oh hey... What is your name?" Adderpaw asked trying not to seem upset they weren't a ghost.
Blackfeather curled her tail, "you're Adderpaw, aren't you? Hah, perfect. Blackfeather," she added flatly.
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," William Shakespeare
"Maybe it needs one of these doo-hickeys?" Arcee - Transformers PRIME

Last edited by RoboPrism; February 29th, 2024 at 05:58 AM.
Old February 29th, 2024, 06:09 AM
Adderpaw my darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboPrism View Post
Blackfeather curled her tail, "you're Adderpaw, aren't you? Hah, perfect. Blackfeather," she added flatly.

Adderpaw

Adderpaw squinted her eyes when she heard perfect. That didn't sound any good to her. Perhaps she should move on, maybe the cat just needed her help with some. She was the cat always doing things around the camp. "Blackfeather huh? Nice to meet you." Adderpaw said formally before she looked around. "Have you seen any ghosts around here? I'm trying to disprove a rumor."