Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
What would you're cat...
Last post by paris
Today 12:42 PM
Quietpaw Training Thread...
Last post by Morrigan
Today 12:39 PM
going back to our watery...
Last post by hades.
Today 12:38 PM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by SentimentalSquid
Today 12:12 PM

Old April 22nd, 2024, 09:16 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Prepare for the Worst [p]

DuskPaw
DuskKit

10 Moons | She/Her | Heterosexual

WindClan Apprentice

___

@zozelen @Dolomedes @Kaybug. @Neptune. @Rani

___

Rolled: 19

___

DuskPaw nodded, crouching, tucking her tail around one of her back legs and pinning her ears to her head. When CrowTooth got close, she threw out a swipe at him, her claws sheathed.

Last edited by Ladiebugg; April 22nd, 2024 at 09:16 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2024, 05:30 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 51 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Stars the little warriors were too cute with their first battle stances and swipes! It was probably a little mean to think that of them when they were really trying but he was a senior warrior of a good few years and as tough as they were being the apprentices were just too little to be anything but cute right now.
They'd grow though.

Crowtooth stood and started circulating, correcting the errors that he saw.

"Hushpaw ya got a good start but yer legs are too wide an' legs too bent. Its a battle stance, not a huntin' crouch an' see in your pose ya cant dodge."
The tom demonstrated tossing out a gentle but quick swipe and tsk-ing gently as any dodge just wasnt quite up to snuff, and so set to nudging Hushpaws limbs into something better.
"A bad hit an' its the end of yer fight kiddo, even I'll go down if someone gets me good so really yer ability ta dodge is the most important thin' in a battle. But I can see a powerful fighter in ya so the same will apply ta yer enemy someday."

Next his own apprentice and the tunneler poked at his stance, testing the balance, before chuckling, pleased.
"Well look at ya kiddo, wit' yer speed yer gonna be impossible ta hit as a bee! Aint my style but thats pure windclan tactics right there, lotsa smaller hits while keepin' movin' so they cant get ya to wear a foe down. Just make sure ya keep focused an' make sure ya got the endurance ta keep that up."

He raised his voice even as he talked to Rabbitpaw, allowing the others to hear him as he advised "If ya curl yer claws inward at the end of yer swipe after ya hit yer gonna do more damage as your claws hook yer opponent and tear, not just slash so try ta get inta the habit o' doin that."

For Winterpaw the tom kinda cocked his head and narrowed his eyes, uncertain if the apprentices methods were detrimental to him or still worked.
"Ok so Winterpaw it aint a huntin' stance ya only need ta keep yer legs juuuuust bent enough ta spring away if yer attacked. However everyone's stances differs a bit depending on their body, so if that position works fer ya keep it but be prepared ta change if it dont work.

Also if ya swivel yer shoulders while ya swipe ya can put more power in yer hit."

Dovepaw had bowed out so that just left Duskpaw, and the tom chuckled as he dodged her swipe, no corrections to make and just a "Try implimentin' the swipin' tip I gave Rabbitpaw ta yer next blow." before he moved on.

"Right next lesson, where ta hit! Bitin' is also simple an' ya probably know how ta do it already but where ya wanna aim ta bite an' swipe is the real trick.

• A cats face is risky as they can try an' bite ya but ya can blind or main them if ya land it. Plus face wounds bleed a ton an' can so take yer enemy outta the fight.
  • Throat is a valuable spot ta hit (though can often lead ta deadly consequences) an' basically ends a fight wit' a single blow. Chest not so much though, it hurts but cats can fight through a hit there.
  • Now belly is a valuable spot but hard ta get too, its soft an' tender an' bleeds so will earn ya a victory quick. Again hard ta hit though.
  • Paws are good too but dont really hurt, they just make it real hard ta fight an' gives ya an advantage.

Generally ya wanna hit whereever ya can, as any hit is a good one, but if ya got a choice aim there.

Now can anyone think o' any other good places ta hit?"

This would be more of a thought round then an action one but Crowtooth would be teaching dodging by 'experience' next one so this was a ease in they needed.

@Dolomedes @zozelen @Neptune. @Ladiebugg

Last edited by Rani; April 23rd, 2024 at 05:33 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2024, 02:00 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 6 | Purrks: none | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw grinned under his mentor’s praise and took a moment to really know how he was feeling so that he would be able to replicate it down the line. He made a note about what Crowtooth said about hooking your claws for more attack! He made sure he was in the full clear, and no way could accidentally clip someone before shooting a paw out with his claws. Bringing them back. He felt a little unsteady but he was sure that it was just from the lack of practice. He’ll get used to it surely. The blonde apprentice looked up as his mentor began to explain where to aim paw swipes and bites. Face, with the risk of getting bit, throat but he didn’t want to kill, did he? Belly, good at knocking folks out of a fight quickly, and paws to make it hard for them to fight back. That sounded easy enough to remember.

Now other places that could be good to hit, he jumped in before the other apprentices, remembering Crowtooth’s mention of tails, “Would it be good to bite someone’s tail and like, pull them off balance to attack again?” He knew it was kind of ironic that he of all cats was asking the question but it was his first thought on the matter. He didn’t look back at his own stubby tail even though he wanted to, why would he? Not like he suddenly would grow a tail and he didn’t see why he would want one. Sounds like extra work to think about.

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!
Rabbitpaw header made by Marigoldwhisper!

[ @Rani - Crowtooth | @zozelen - Winterpaw | @Neptune. - Hushpaw |@Ladiebugg - Duskpaw | @Kaybug. - Dovepaw ]
Old April 28th, 2024, 08:06 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours. busy during weekdays until 4 p.m. EST
My Mood: Angelic

At Crowtooth's comment Winterpaw shifted his stance slightly, but still didn't feel sure of it. The apprentice had never fought a cat before, though he supposed that would change today... If that's what they'd end up doing, that was.

Once Crowtooth started speaking again, Winterpaw resumed a normal sitting position and began to think. All the targets Crowtooth gave made sense, and Rabbitpaw just pointed out going for the tail... it sounded difficult to try and knock someone over that way, but maybe it could be done. It seemed like they'd have to already be distracted, though.

"What if you aimed for the legs instead of just the paws?", Winterpaw suggested (Crowtooth had asked for everyone's thoughts, after all), his tone engaged but simultaneously dull. "You could knock them off balance that way, if their legs collapse under them." Actually breaking or fracturing them would require too much force, but that wasn't really needed. And if a cat's legs were too weak to stand, they likely couldn't fight either, which was good.

@Neptune. @Ladiebugg @Rani @Dolomedes
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; April 28th, 2024 at 08:07 PM.
Old April 29th, 2024, 10:36 AM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Kingly

Hushpaw
~<>~
26/100
10 moons || he/him || WindClan Apprentice
medium furred tom w/ black, grey and white fur; gold eyes

Yes! Praise, let's go!! Ignore the too wide stance, that was just a test! Totally a test, mhm! Hushpaw would never intentionally screw up his battle stance, no way, he was just... um... making sure Crowtooth knew what he was doing! Yup, yup! Alright good places to his, the face, the throat, the belly, the paws, and then the question of other good places to hit. Rabbitpaw suggested the tail, and Hushpaw nods sagely - he'd been thinking the same thing. Winterpaw suggests the legs rather than the paws which... maybe might work? Hush isn't too sure about that, but he's got an idea as well.

"What about the hips?" He asks, head tilting to the side curiously, "a good slash to the hip could make it hard for your opponent to move. Right, right? And then, if it's hard for them to move, they won't be as fast or have any super strong springing power!"

[ @zozelen // @Ladiebugg // @Rani // @Dolomedes ]
Old April 30th, 2024, 11:31 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Queenly

DuskPaw
DuskKit

10 Moons | She/Her | Heterosexual

WindClan Apprentice

___

@zozelen | @Neptune. | @Rani | @Dolomedes

___

'I mean.. If you yank their tail you'd probably knock 'em over, right?'

___

Sorry for short post)
Old Today, 07:43 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 51 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

The toms grin was perhaps a bit vicious, but stars was it nice to see these bright minds at work, thinking and planning for fights he had no doubt they'd one day excel in.
They'd have to suffer some hard whacks as they learned to dodge first though, and keep these thoughts and plans in mind while they did so.

But first.
"Rabbitpaw an' Duskpaw ya are correct. Tails are a good target as pullin' at em can push a cat off balance, hurt, or even rip off the tail. Thats the most common loss o' limb a warrior can face though the easiest ta recover from.
However. Think o' yer stances, every warrior worth their salt will keep their tail tucked like I taught ya, fer just that reason. So chances o' gettin' that chance are low."
Untucking your tail was a mistake a warrior made only once, usually because it resulted in them being detailed and Crowtooth had personal experience. Somewhere out there there was a shadowclan warrior without a tail by the toms fangs and he himself had a scar on his by a backhanded move made post battle when he'd untucked his tail thinking things were done.
That lesson was learned now, and hopefully the apprentices wouldnt need the it in battle.

Turning to Winterpaw Crowtooth wobbled his paw a bit, humming as he did to express this was yet another mixed bag.
"If yer large an' strong, yeah legs can be good an' Ive even heard rumors about how its possible ta learn ta break them wit' ease, though I never did. Issue is legs are stronger then paws."
Flexing his own raised one he spread the limb showcasing the more fragile bones therein compared to his thicker arm.

"Paws are weaker an' easier really, but most o' fightin' is seizing opportunities opponents give ya so if the legs seem a good target go for them."

Finally Hushpaw and Crowtooth couldnt help but chuckle at his wording nodding. "Yes hips are a good one. Ya see, anywhere ya can land a long or deep cut is great 'cuz even if it doesnt bleed or do as much damage as spots like the belly or neck do it slows yer opponent. Hips might not bleed but they hurt an' pain makes it hard ta move, so as ya said no super strong springin' power."

With the kids now knowing where to expect blows and where to hit time to get to a practical and Crowtooth stood with a grin, barking out new orders. "Alrighty yall on yer paws! Battle stances! Im gonna be throwin' some hits at ya and yer job is ta dodge!

Dodgein' is partly done in the moment but if ya can watch fer some signs o' a blow comin' yer way ta get a leg up on tryin' ta avoid them.

Watch the eyes, they'll tend ta glace at or fix on where someones tryin' ta hit.
Watch their limbs, muscles an' limbs tend ta twitch involuntarily even before a cat moves an' if ya get good ya can even tell which paw will be movin' ta swipe at ya.
Finally cats tend ta lean in the direction theyre goin', so it can tell ya where is best ta dodge to.

Goal is ta dodge my blows but if ya got the opportunity try ta hit back, especially at the spots we talked about before.

Aaaaaaaaan' go!"
They had the time during his lecture to get into battle stances so the tom wastes no time throwing moves at everyone, claws sheathed and no real biting of course but as fast as he'd normally try and strike at a foe if not as strong. An opponent wouldnt hold back on them, so Crowtooth couldnt either.

A swipe to the head and side to try and knock Rabbitpaw over followed up by a snap of the teeth to a ear.
A leg sweeping swipe aimed at Winterpaw and swipe just like the one the mink had thrown at him before that he hadnt dodged to make sure he learned.
A charge at Hushpaw where Crowtooth 'bit' at his chest, near his throat before trying to swipe at his back.
And finally Duskpaw was given a leg sweeping swipe aimed at her as well, Crowtooth following up with some attempted nips to the belly that if real would take out a foe if not kill them.

It was possible to dodge for all of them from Crowtooths teachings, however they'd need to be canny and spot the toms mistakes to hit back. Not an impossible task, the tunneler was skilled but much much slower then these small agile things and built for strength, not flexibility.

@Dolomedes @zozelen @Ladiebugg @Neptune.