THE CROWN, IT WEIGHS HEAVY...
Last post by tempest.
Today 03:55 PM

Old May 5th, 2024, 08:04 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Firefly Cove

Amusement glimmered in Wolfhive's eyes. "If someone's tellin' you a couple is anything but two, they got mice rattling in that brain of theirs 'n you should tell them as such." Words were dumb like that 'n Wolfhive wasn't going to put too much mind to the subject further. If Crowpaw had a cat giving him issues over terminology, he was more than free to share.

Wolfhive was glad there was no objections - he was trying to be as fair as possible, despite his inexperience in hosting one of these. With the objective just to ensure Crowpaw could handle himself, he didn't see a reason to make it overly complicated or a hassle. Nice 'n smooth.

He let Crowpaw take the lead, keeping a distance as to not disturb him as he hunted. He noted how he handled the squirrel - pleased that he used tree climbing to his advantage in the pursuit. Though he hadn't required it -- in part since it wasn't always a practical method - he was glad to see one of ThunderClan's key skills be utilized. He also didn't miss how Crowpaw recognized the futility of continuing to hunt in that section, and relocated accordingly.

The rabbit was a challenge Wolfhive didn't think Crowpaw would go for, but this dude was full of surprises. An attempt of stalking gone amidst, turned into a full speed chase - something Wolfhive wasn't necessarily thrilled by since he was trying to keep up without disrupting anything - turned to a small slip, but recovery that ended in success.

All in all, a job well done. Wolfhive was at their meetup spot by the time Crowpaw arrived. "You're gonna make some cats real happy, that rabbit alone could feed the nursery." Now was the spar, the part that Wolfhive felt best about. Not because of Crowpaw - but because he was a shoddy hunter, so if Crowpaw had botched that, helping him improve might've been a disaster. "Rules should be pretty simple. No claws - since we're not tryna kill each other, and first to pin the other 'wins' or we draw once the sun dips past that tree top." He nodded upward to one of the trees. They'd have a pawful of time before it reached that point - it was mostly so they weren't out here all day in a mock fight. "As long as you show you can hold your own, you'll pass. Winning or losing won't impact it if you've got a good head about you."

He took a few pawsteps away, just to put some distance between them as a way to replicate a more likely scenario. "I'd cover the rabbit and squirrel for now so we don't get any unwelcomed visitors, 'n when you're ready you can attack me." Only seemed fair to give Crowpaw the start. Let him strategize how he wanted to go about this.

[ @SpiritedWarrior ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 6th, 2024, 05:26 AM

Bump Policy: Whenever I am active always
My Mood: Sick

The wind would blow towards Brackenclaw ruffling his fur on his face Brackenclaw took a moment to enjoy the feeling opening his mouth to let the wind run the scents of the forest through his scent glands until he smelled a familiar scent. 'Rabbit!' Brackenclaw thought to himself before crouching down where he would be able to silently move. Sending a silent prayer to Starclan that the wind would remain blowing in his direction so that the Rabbit wouldn't scent his approach and run. To Brackenclaw's luck the wind did not change and with a short last bit of low crouching sneaking up he was close enough to strike. With a quick burst of speed Brackenclaw sprinted the last few tail lengths despite the Rabbit attempting to flee it was far little too late it did manage to run a bit of ways but Brackenclaw closed the distance before it could really get going and sunk his claws into it before biting into the back of its neck to dispatch it quickly so it wouldn't suffer.
+1 Rabbit
@Shrew

Last edited by Lightningpaw666; May 6th, 2024 at 05:28 AM.
Old May 6th, 2024, 11:08 AM

Bump Policy: After 24 hours if i'm not online. || I got church on Wednesdays and Sundays + Saturdays
My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningpaw666 View Post
The wind would blow towards Brackenclaw ruffling his fur on his face Brackenclaw took a moment to enjoy the feeling opening his mouth to let the wind run the scents of the forest through his scent glands until he smelled a familiar scent. 'Rabbit!' Brackenclaw thought to himself before crouching down where he would be able to silently move. Sending a silent prayer to Starclan that the wind would remain blowing in his direction so that the Rabbit wouldn't scent his approach and run. To Brackenclaw's luck the wind did not change and with a short last bit of low crouching sneaking up he was close enough to strike. With a quick burst of speed Brackenclaw sprinted the last few tail lengths despite the Rabbit attempting to flee it was far little too late it did manage to run a bit of ways but Brackenclaw closed the distance before it could really get going and sunk his claws into it before biting into the back of its neck to dispatch it quickly so it wouldn't suffer.
+1 Rabbit
@Shrew

[MintWhisker & EchoPaw]
(Bio go poof)

EchoPaw sniffed the air again, the starling! He crept up on it slowly..slowly.. AW NO! He startled it by stepping on a twig and it quickly flew off. EchoPaw sighed, and MintWhisker said, "Its okay, you'll get something next time." MintWhisker smiled at EchoPaw before scenting the air again.
Old May 6th, 2024, 01:33 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Crowpaw
Purrks: Heightened Perception, Agatha Kitty, and Hulk SMASH
@BEAR.

The young tom couldn't help but chuckle at Wolfhive's joke. He didn't do much else on the matter. After he returned from hunting, and once he listened to the Hornet's words, Crowpaw did as suggested and buried the prey a fair distance away from the soon-to-be-sparring pair. The mud-brown tabby tom ignored the comments about the number of cats the rabbit and squirrel would feed. In the end, it didn't matter to him. He would be leaving the Clan the day after he gets his warrior name. But that didn't even matter at the moment. Now was a time of focus... and would perhaps be the most difficult part of Crowpaw's assessment.

First to pin wins... or we go until we draw. Sounds... simple. But Crowpaw knew it would be far from simple. Wolfhive was a Hornet, one of the elite warriors of ThunderClan. Crowpaw's only real fighting experience he had was from a fox attack. Can't be much different, right? Right?? It was different in a major way. This time, he was fighting one of ThunderClan's elite, no claws would be used. No blood was to be shed. It'll be fine. I just gotta come up with a plan of attack. Use my lack of eye sight as a strength rather than a weakness. If Crowpaw could keep Wolfhive on the opposite side of his half-blind eye or directly in front of him, then he'd be able to fight just as well as the warrior.

[16 for damage (Crow causes some damage), 12 for accuracy (Crow's attack hits!)]

With not much time between his thoughts, Crowpaw smirked and darted from one area to the next in a zig-zag pattern. A few leaps and bounds here and there, and before he knew it, he was knocking himself into Wolfhive to unbalance the warrior. Perhaps even knock the breath out of the Hornet, if he was lucky. All he wanted was to temporarily daze the gray tom so that he could get the chance to get on top of Wolfhive.
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old May 7th, 2024, 12:39 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Elkpaw skidded to a halt in front of Redhawk again, bouncing up and down on his toes to follow her as she started to walk forward. "Wow," he breathed out. "I want to see that! Are the glowing bugs edible? D'you think I could eat one? Could I make someone else eat one?" Probably not the best idea in the world. But!! Who knew until they tried it!!

At Redhawk's prompting, he made a big show of inhaling deeply, nearly choking on a stray leaf that found its way into his throat before he hacked it back out and continued on as if nothing had happened. "Hmmmmmmm....... salty!! Um. Kinda fishy? I don't like that smell. Also leaves and trees and flowers and nature-y stuff."

REDHAWK
she/they | thunderclan hornet | 32 moons
A surprised chuckle escaped her as Elkpaw asked if the bugs were edible. Redhawk supposed it made sense - after all she had thought the same thing during her training. "T-They're not. If you eat one, your belly will ache and it won't b-be any fun. Plus, you would b-be stuck in t-the medicine den and wouldn't be able to t-train." She knew the toms desire to train and his eagerness - perhaps hinting that it could come to a halt if he ate a firefly would deter him entirely.

Yellow-green eyes watched him - worry clouding them briefly as he started hacking up a lung due to a stray leaf - as Elk drew in the scents around him. "The sss-salt you sss-smell comes from the ocean nearby - t-the breeze carries the scent. You might recognize it at Seastones during gatherings since we're closest t-to the ocean then." As for the fishy scent... "RiverClan t-territory is nearby - that's where t-the fish scent come from. T-Their main sss-source of prey is the fish they catch, which gives them t-their distinct sss-smell."

Then, Red's gaze grew a bit more serious. "I don't ever want you t-to cross into RiverClan t-territory, okay Elkpaw?" The worry came back into her gaze. "...T-They are dangerous, and t-they can really hurt you. Crossing into any Clan t-territory is a no, but especially with them... okay?" She wanted to make sure the young tom understood before they moved on.

[ HELP APRIL 12TH I DID NOT REALIZE we can finish up firefly and do the rest of his tour after her injury to speed it up in the timeline, or i can have her move onto the next area and we can say it took place before everything - up to you! ]
Old May 10th, 2024, 07:29 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days

Wolfhive narrowed his eyes as Crowpaw danced around, and as he drew nearer Wolfhive made a last-second lurch to a side. His goal had been to dodge the bounce completely, but slightly misjudged the timing and found himself stumbling a bit. Not quite enough to unbalance him, but enough to give him pause.

Then, as Crowpaw was within range, Wolfhive aimed a few rapid-fired swipes toward Crowpaw's legs with the intention of catching a hold of one and taking it out from under him.

[ @SpiritedWarrior ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 10th, 2024, 08:04 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Orangeblossom
| He/him | TC warrior | Moons: 19 | No purrks |

Orangeblossom wasted no time padding out expecting the apprentice to follow with him as she was pretty on top of things when it came to getting the patrol together. It was easy enough, Firefly Cove was kind when it came to collecting herbs most of the time. With that the ginger tom thought of the herbs described to him in the patrol call. Yellow Bells, yellow bell like flowers, very straight forward, Comfrey, drooping purple flowers! And Moss, all easy peasy stuff hopefully. The meadow had all sorts of flowers spread throughout so he had no worries about not being able to collect anything for the patrol. His green eyes moved to the apprentice with him, "So, I don't think we've met before, happy to meet you! Let's have a good gathering, alright? Though to be on the safe side I want us to stick relatively together." Especially while being so close to Riverclan of all clans. But he didn't say that out loud at all.
[ @Fish - Lightningpaw ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
Old May 11th, 2024, 03:04 PM

Bump Policy: Whenever I am active always
My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post

[MintWhisker & EchoPaw]
(Bio go poof)

EchoPaw sniffed the air again, the starling! He crept up on it slowly..slowly.. AW NO! He startled it by stepping on a twig and it quickly flew off. EchoPaw sighed, and MintWhisker said, "Its okay, you'll get something next time." MintWhisker smiled at EchoPaw before scenting the air again.
Brackenclaw and the other two cats continued to hunt well into the day until the sun begins to set. It was only then that the three cats dig up their prey and head back for the Camp.
Old May 13th, 2024, 03:22 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post

Larkswoop
ThunderClan Warrior
Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird's Lullaby

Larkswoop turned to look at Bumblestar. ''Sure,'' She mewed, getting to her paws and stretching each leg in turn. ''I don't have anything better to do, anyway.''
"Figured as much. Let's go, I'm headin' to the Cove."

The trek there was quiet and serene. It would have been better if Bumblestar didn't have Larkswoop tagging along with her, but she'd invited that warrior, so she couldn't really complain. She came to a halt at the break in the trees, where it opened up into a thick meadow. At the far side, in the shade caused by the cliffs, she could see the last of the fireflies winking in and out of existence. She hadn't realized they were already out - maybe she could take Violetfreckle out one of these nights.

Rabbit scent caught her attention and she angled her nose to where the prey animal was slowly inching through the grass, painfully unaware of their presence. "You go 'round the back, chase it to me," she grunted to Larkswoop. "Easy kill 'n then maybe we can go for somethin' else next."
Old May 13th, 2024, 03:28 PM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Angelic

ThunderClan Re: Firefly Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
"Figured as much. Let's go, I'm headin' to the Cove."

The trek there was quiet and serene. It would have been better if Bumblestar didn't have Larkswoop tagging along with her, but she'd invited that warrior, so she couldn't really complain. She came to a halt at the break in the trees, where it opened up into a thick meadow. At the far side, in the shade caused by the cliffs, she could see the last of the fireflies winking in and out of existence. She hadn't realized they were already out - maybe she could take Violetfreckle out one of these nights.

Rabbit scent caught her attention and she angled her nose to where the prey animal was slowly inching through the grass, painfully unaware of their presence. "You go 'round the back, chase it to me," she grunted to Larkswoop. "Easy kill 'n then maybe we can go for somethin' else next."

Larkswoop
ThunderClan Warrior
Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird's Lullaby

Giving her leader a nod, Larkswoop instinctively dropped into the hunter's crouch and slunk quietly through the bushes until she was behind the rabbit. Her green eyes were narrowed down to slits as Larkswoop focused on her quarry, though thankfully her pelt blended in with the leaf littered forest floor.

Unsheathing her claws, the warrior waited until she knew the time was right. When it was, she darted out of the bushes with a faint yet sharp hiss, driving the rabbit towards Bumblestar and into the ThunderClan Leader's waiting claws.

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder
Scratch HR Positions:
Robinstar [ ThC Lead] - Anachronismpounce [ ShC Dep ] - Roaringstar [ SkC Lead ] - Pareidoliastar [ WC Lead ]

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird's Lullaby
Alderblossom: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Fireflyflicker: The Collector, Mind Reader, Agatha Kitty

Last edited by paris; May 13th, 2024 at 03:29 PM.