Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 09:45 AM
Hawkcatcher's finder <3
Last post by leopardheart00
Today 09:43 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 09:40 AM
Raptor Hunting
Last post by Tiabirb
Today 09:38 AM
new here!
Last post by redshiftreign
Today 09:32 AM

Old May 12th, 2024, 05:13 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Default i'll make a healer out of you [berrypaw's mca training]

MISTYSHARD
she/her | riverclan medicine cat | 38 moons
dreamwalker ⦁ beefed up t2
The medicine cat was sitting in her nest, gesturing for Berrypaw to join her. "I am afraid we do have to start this at some point. It's time for training," she mewed with a soft smile and a nod."But first of all - I want to make sure you don't overwhelm yourself, okay? This role is all new to you n' stuff, so feel free to take a step back if you need it. If somethin' is pressuring you let me know, and if someone is making problems, let me know as well. I'm there for you and I'll make sure you feel comfortable settling into this new rank." She attempted to brush Berry's back with her tail, like she did very often. She found it to be a quite comforting gesture.

"So without further ado, let's get started. If you have any questions, you're free to ask. I'll begin with the staple herbs; these will be the ones used and needed most. Firstly, marigold. It's a bright, yellow-orange herb which is used against infections. It doesn't help when infections have already set in, however it can help to combat the infection a bit and keep it from getting worse. To use it, you chew the flower into a fine poultice and apply it to the open wound."

Then, she moved on to a bit more of a.. dangerous herb, if it was used in the wrong quantity. "Next is poppy seeds. The poppy flower is a bright red flower with a dark center. It usually comes in single stems, but if you find one poppy, there's probably more around. In the poppy there are many small seeds. The seeds should be eaten by your patient, but don't give them too many - one or two should suffice, depending on the severity of the injury or what you want the poppy seeds to do. They help with calming shock, assist with sleeping and can milden the pain of an injury. If you give your patient enough they'll be able to sleep or fall unconcious so you can perform harsher treatment. However, it is important to not give poppy seeds to any kit under 4 moons or pregnant queens. Otherwise you run the risk of harming them."

Once those two herbs were taught, she trained her eyes on Berrypaw and waited to see if the young medicine cat apprentice had any questions. Not that she knew the answers to everything, but it was worth a try.

[ @squidz ]
[ herbs taught: poppy seeds, marigold ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den

Last edited by starry; May 12th, 2024 at 05:14 AM.
Old May 12th, 2024, 07:16 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: pretty much whenever / less active on weekends
My Mood: Sick

Default Re: i'll make a healer out of you [berrypaw's mca training]

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 8 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw hesitated at her mentor's gesture only for a moment — starting her new training was intimidating, if not terrifying. Though she'd accepted her new role in a moment of bravery, it didn't stop the flood of doubts — she'd have to help care for an entire Clan! A Clan full of screaming, bickering cats...

But finally, she forced her paws to move; she came to a seat beside her mentor, casting a wary smile as she listened. Take her time... not be overwhelmed... easier said than done, but it was very comforting to have her strong mentor by her side. If anything, the welcoming glow of her amber eye was backed by a ferocity that Berrypaw knew she could depend on.

First up was marigold! Infections... poultice...?

"What's a... poultice?" She echoed, tilting her head curiously.

As Mistyshard went on, Berrypaw's curiosity spiked with poppy seeds. Used for pain, unconsciousness... but could be lethal! She nodded seriously, taking in the information. The last thing she needed was to slip a kit some poppy seeds on accident. She took a deep breath, nodding to confirm all that she'd heard.

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!