Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by Dakotaa
Today 12:21 PM
How does WCO see you?
Last post by hermeswind
Today 12:14 PM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 12:13 PM
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:12 PM

Old April 7th, 2024, 05:33 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: Sunset Grove

Her first catch cast aside, the silver feline's eyes had already locked on the second groundhog. Through the fray she noted Crowtooth's words, eyes narrowing as she stalked closer - or tried to, at the very least. With the rabbit-sized creature skittering about and biting her way at every chance, Silverrose swiftly moved from left to right, to right to left, avoiding tooth and claw at every moment until she got close enough to jump on top of the creature, claws sinking into its back to hold it down and deliver a killing bite. Quite unceremoniously, a rogue groundhog making its escape rushed past the newly named warrior, nearly sending her sprawling to the ground if it wasn't for the painful catch of her paws, ouch! Huffing dirt from her mouth (which did, in fact, touch ground), Silverrose broke into a chase within the confined area, quickly nipping at it until it was cornered and, eventually, killed. Hmpf. That's what it got for pushing her to the ground.

[ @Rani @zozelen @Lillith @gs29513 - +2 groundhog and a face full of dirt ]

Old April 7th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 49 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust
Art by Marigoldwhisper

Things had been going really well! As the tom collected his two groundhogs he could hear the other warriors catch their own second and Winterpaw try and haul his one off. That was seven groundhogs total, windclan would be eating well for at least a week!

Yes he was all too satisfied as he padded out, leaving a clear scent trail for the others to follow him out and stepped into the light.

Only to find himself nose to nose with a mink.

The mink blinked, not expecting a cat where it'd come to hunt groundhogs, the cat blinked not expecting a mink when he'd only come here to do the same. There was a long moment of silence as both froze before a breeze fluttered passed and all hell broke lose.

Crowtooth dropped his haul in under a second and launched himself over with a loud snarl, bowling the beast over even as it reared up to claw at him.
"MINK! SOMEONE COME AN' HELP ME DAMMIT!"
The two creatures were a tornado of fur claws and fangs as the large scarred tom eventually managed to slam it against a tree, paw shoving its snapping head away as claws dug into the minks face. With Crowtooth using him body to occupy it and keep it in place as long as someone could dodge around the flying claws it'd be a clear shot to the neck for a killing blow. A move the tom himself could not make without earning a bite he did not want to take at this time.

Luckily from what he could tell looking around the mink had been alone, probably here for the groundhog colony too, and would be a pretty easy kill given they managed to outnumber it so severely and quickly had the upper paw on it.
Honestly this could be a good thing for the group, Crowtooth wanted a mink pelt for a.... plan he'd pitched to Twilightstar recently and had also wanted to check if mink could be eaten to turn this bad situation to one with a slight benefit to the clan at least.

@Estelle @Lillith @gs29513 @zozelen
Old April 7th, 2024, 07:20 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours. busy during weekdays until 4 p.m. EST
My Mood: Angelic

As Crowtooth's call for help echoed down the tunnel Winterpaw instantly dropped what he was doing, running over to see what was going on. Minks, Crowtooth had said? When he got out of the tunnel and to where the black-furred warrior was wrestling with a... cat-sized, long and brown... thing, assumedly the mink, Winterpaw quickly ran to attack the animal it looked like Crowtooth was struggling to hold down.

(winterpaw rolls a 5!)

Although he did manage to slash it's throat, somehow the mink got a paw out from under Crowtooth and slashed Winterpaw across the chest. "Ngk," he hissed in a strangled voice, stumbling to take a step back. The cut wasn't even that bad, it just burned, but he could keep going.

(-1 groundhog!)

@Estelle @Rani @gs29513 @Lillith
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; April 7th, 2024 at 07:36 PM.
Old April 7th, 2024, 07:32 PM
Still staring nervously

That sound. Everything was so peaceful. Everything was going so smoothly. So easily. But of course, something had to go wrong. Crowtooth had gone, his yowl had reached her ears and in a flash of silver fur the warrior dropped the groundhog she had caught. Blindly rushing through the dark tunnel the horrid scent of that horrid beast filled her nostrils. Not. Today. Large leaps pulled at the healing wound on her hind leg and her left front paw's stiffness complained with dreary pains. But Silverrose did not care, she was not going to let this thing bite away at her patrol again. She failed once, she would not fail again.

Light at the end of the tunnel. It stung her eyes. But there he was, Crowtooth, fighting tooth and claw to restrain this monster -- and Winterpaw. Her heart skipped a beat with horror as the apprentice got slashed across the chest, fuel added to the rage that filled her mind. She would not fail again. Swift leaps avoided the mink's trashing movements, the opening created by Crowtooth and Winterpaw's diversion quickly spotted: she did not have to see it twice. Without hesitation her legs sprung up, arms outstretched to wrap around the mink's throat as much as she could, white fangs biting down on the mink's throat with all her might.

Before long, a metallic taste filled her mouth and the air in her lungs,

red blood dripping from her maw in gushes.
The throat, such a weak spot. But Silverrose only bit down harder and harder, claws digging into the beast to hold on despite its jerking movements, until slowly but surely, the beast began to fall. It began with a downward surge, a loss of strength and height as she felt the life begin to leave its body. It sent a chill through the silver warrior's bones, but she did not relent, not until the mink was down and dead on the ground. For several more seconds she held on, she had to be sure, certain. But it was dead. Reluctantly, Silverrose let go with a shudder. Red covered her chest and maw, and the warrior grimaced at the unholy sight, swallowing down the adrenaline and nerves pumping in her veins to keep a composed demeanour, though her mind was reeling.
"Are you both alright? - !"
She turned their way, eyes studying Crowtooth then Winterpaw.
"Winterpaw, you-"
She swallowed down her stern tone, replacing it with calm and serious.
"That was immensely dangerous. Are you feeling alright, can you stand?"
She hated the drip of concern in her voice as she joined the apprentice's side, offering him a shoulder to lean on.

[ @zozelen @Rani @gs29513 @Lillith ]

Last edited by Estelle; April 7th, 2024 at 07:38 PM.
Old April 9th, 2024, 09:11 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Of course things had gone too smoothly. Of course Starclan, if they still felt like meddling in the affairs of the earthly, had sent something to cause them harm. Crowtooth’s yowl, though distorted by the bouncing and beating it took off of the tunnel walls, reached Deadmoon with the emotion, if not specific wording, very much intact. She took off immediately, groundhogs forgotten, pelting through the underground passages as fast as she could.

In the end, her efforts were for naught. Silverrose and Winterpaw had extinguished the threat, a mink clearly dead at their paws and the apprentice’s injury being fussed over by the new warrior. She was wholly unnecessary, a useless afterthought to what had surely been a dangerous confrontation. Nothing new there then. Deadmoon wasn’t needed for anything beyond manual tasks an apprentice could complete, the stronger cats would handle the fighting.

While logically she was aware that her mind was likely producing complete and utter drivel in response to her placement in the tunnels being deeper than the others, Deadmoon couldn’t help feeling a bit…..expendable. It was good the mink was dead. It was good that her patrolmates were safe. This was the best outcome of an unfortunate situation, and she probably couldn’t have brought it to a better end. Her lack of utility stung still.

It was as her family had reminded her as a kit. She had striven to ignore it, but it echoed in her mind now. She could be useful, if she worked hard and kept her head down. Did as she was told without trying to reach for more, because at the end of the day she would never be fast enough. Strength and could develop, but her paw would never allow the top speeds reached by other warriors. Windclan was swift, like the wind. It was written in their lean shape, and in the very prey they ate.

She didn’t have that speed, and she got along without it, but right now she missed it. No, desired it. Coveted it. Shaking her head to clear it (thinking so much and doing so little, as ever) she mewed softly I’ll just…..go back and get the groundhogs. before turning back into the tunnel. Deadmoon made her way down it slowly, there was no need for haste, and began dragging her prizes back. She had been proud. Thought she was doing well. And then her satisfaction was pierced like a paw pad by a thorn, evaporating so easily it had almost never been there. She thrust her head out into the sun, prey on back and in her maw. As long as everyone was safe, everything was fine. @Rani @zozelen @Estelle

Last edited by gs29513; April 9th, 2024 at 09:11 PM.
Old April 10th, 2024, 09:58 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 49 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust
Art by Marigoldwhisper

There was never a single damn moment of peace in this life and though it was probably not appropriate to say what he did in front of the apprentice the circumstances changed things. So, as the warrior desperately held the snapping mink away from his face as Winterpaw tried and failed to get him free Crowtooth cursed like a sailor in a manner Twilightstar probably wouldnt be impressed by should she have overheard.

Silverrose to the rescue however, as even as the tunneler was occupied by shoving the beast back further from both him and Winterpaw and snarling as a too close bite plucked out a couple of his whiskers, she at least was taking care of it.
She seemed satisfied too with the kill, at least that was Crowtooths read on it, shoving the limp body of the beast off from where it'd slumped on him. He let her deal with Winterpaw as he panted, turning to look over the area again just to make certain that mink was a fluke and they didnt need to bolt.

Which it seemed was the case, the toms tattered ears twitching to Deadmoon as she peaked out from the tunneler and he grinned tiredly at her as he rasped "Thank. Would appreciate 'f ya could take as many o' our groundhogs as ya can. Dunno 'f Winterpaw will wanna take his own catch back after this mess an' while I can take mine an' the mink itd be nice 'f I didnt have ta."

If she'd be able to take four groundhogs rather then her two plus Winterpaws one he'd slide one of his two towards her, but if not the tom would pad without complaints to collect the catch and call this thing done.
"Alrighty that was an unwanted shock I can say fer sure. Winterpaw dont do that again until yer confident but thanks fer tryin' ta help me, ya got honor. Head back, Deadmoons got yer catch an' be sure ta check in wit' Lightningstorm just in case.

Silverrose good save, next time I want a mink dead Ill know who ta call. Ya'll did great even wit' the upset so lets head back an' get some rest."
After this they all deserved it and they were done here.

Grab the groundhog(s maybe), grab the mink, and they were off.

@gs29513 @zozelen @Estelle
Old April 13th, 2024, 08:18 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours. busy during weekdays until 4 p.m. EST
My Mood: Angelic

Winterpaw repressed the hiss that threatened to escape him, taking Silverrose's offer to lean against her- slightly against his will, considering that he more stumbled into her side. "I'm sorry, Silverrose," he meowed with a slight tremble to his voice. Not because of her criticism, the warrior was completely right, but because Winterpaw's chest felt constricted. Some blood dripped down to his already stained white paws. "Thank you for stepping in. And yes, I'm feeling okay. I'll be able to make it back to camp... I doubt it's too severe." Not like Winterpaw knew the first thing about injuries. Really, though, the way Silverrose was able to run in and take out the mink like that was impressive. And she still seemed quite composed.

Winterpaw nodded at Crowtooth as well once the tunneler told him, like Silverrose, not to do that again. It was understandable, he was an apprentice with no battle experience, and also got hurt trying to help his patrol leader. But Winterpaw for once wasn't thinking that far ahead, instead just focused on trying to make sure no one got hurt. Crowtooth thought that meant he had the virtue of honor, apparently. Not something Winterpaw would think of himself, but he supposed it could be applicable to him...

Winterpaw waited for the patrol to be ready to leave, and for Deadmoon to gather the groundhogs left behind (Winterpaw would be able to carry his even less now), wondering if he was going to have to lean against a shoulder the whole way back to camp. He... kind of hoped not.

@Estelle @gs29513 @Rani (if the patrol is reported already that's cool, just wanted to get winter's reply in!)
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; April 13th, 2024 at 08:24 PM.
Old April 15th, 2024, 01:55 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice | Moons: 6 | Purrks: none | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw perked up his head as he turned to look at the warrior who had decided to drop by the apprentice den. Rabbitpaw had been taking a slight break after everything that has been happening lately, luckily more good than bad for him at least, but with the idea of having more training he was already hopping to his paws with a bubbly bounce to his step. "Oooh! Me, me! I want all the training!" The apprentice exclaimed excitedly, nearly tripping over his own lanky paws to get to the warrior, settling right in front of her to make sure his interest was known. He wasn't actually sure what training they were going to do but he wanted to surprise Crowtooth with already knowing it. Oh maybe it would be hunting or fighting or something equally as cool and maybe afterwards he can show some of his kit friends how to do it. He knew how much he always wanted to practice things when he was stuck in the nursery.

Though...to be fair, he was only made an apprentice like...a couple days ago so it wasn't all that surprising. He looked at the warrior with wide green eyes, "What're we going to do? Oh! I'm Rabbitpaw by the way, just in case you don't know." He tacked on the introduction because he realized that he didn't quite know the warrior in front of him and he wasn't sure if she knew him.

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaybug. View Post

Dovepaw had just been enjoying a nap as Bravebird had peeked her head into the apprentices den. They looked up, their eyes drowsy, and listened to the warriors words.

"Hrmmm? Oh. Uh sure, I'll go" his voice was laced with drowsiness but it was slowly leaving their voice as they started to wake up. Then, the apprentice slowly clambered to their feet in the den and started to walk towards Bravebird.

Bravebird - WindClan Warrior
She/her | 45 moons | Beefed Up T3, One with the Warren
Two answers... well, that was better than nothing. Bravebird grinned at both of the apprentices as they joined her in the clearing. "Hello, Rabbitpaw. Nice to meet you," she replied with a forced grin. This was one of the newer apprentices if she recalled correctly, named during... She blinked, dismissing the thought from her mind as she glanced at Dovepaw as well. "We'll start with a quick run to wipe away the sleepiness, and then we can work on some fighting moves. Sound good?" Starting with fighting would be good. It would be a way for her to do what she loved to do most and prepare these kids for what was to come.

Without much else said the lilac warrior turned and headed out of camp, only breaking into a sprint once she had left the clearing. Since they had moved to the cliff that she and Fernpaw had found all those seasons ago, Bravebird had made it a habit of racing out of camp and down the slope. It gave her momentum, and for a brief moment as she felt the wind tangle its fingers through her fur, it made her forget her worries. It was just her, and the moors, and the wind...

She didn't go full speed though, and occasionally glanced over her shoulder to make sure Dovepaw and Rabbitpaw were keeping up. They were coming up on the small patch of woodland - Sunset Grove, she recalled, and Bravebird slowed a bit and turned, glancing at both of the 'paws with her. There were no sign of the minks thankfully, but she kept an eye out for porcupines. Stars... did not want to go through that again. "How're you both feeling? Awake and ready for some training?" Of course, she'd let them catch their breath first; endurance to the level she had required consistent training, and for apprentices not used to that yet it would take a bit of time to acclimate to.

[ Dovepaw - @/Kaybug. ] [ Rabbitpaw - @/Dolomedes ]
[ hope it was okay to combine these two! that way brave can also teach partner fighting too! ]

"and so with my face turned up to the rain... i live."
character site | about me | roleplay tracker | toyhouse
Old April 15th, 2024, 11:46 PM
Still staring nervously

Silverrose heaved a sigh of relief, seeing both Winterpaw and Crowtooth were alright… Or at least, as alright as they could be, considering the apprentice’s injury. Thank goodness nothing worse happened. Even so – still thinking the apprentice’s actions were foolish – she nodded at Crowtooth’s words. Foolish, but painfully brave. He stood chance of becoming an honourable warrior, if he didn’t let himself be overtaken by hubris, just as every other warrior. Noting Deadmoon’s presence, and the tunneller’s request for her, Silverrose briefly looked back at Winterpaw.
“..Thank you.”
She stated blankly at his compliment before following up,
“I’ll help Deadmoon with the groundhogs, you concern yourself with the mink if able. Winterpaw – wait for me here, we’re going to see Lightningstorm as soon as we return. You’d be off far worse if that wound got infected, you don’t know where that mink has been.”
Her ears flicked, instructions clear. She allowed Winterpaw to rest on the ground if needed, easing her down if so, before disappearing after Deadmoon to gather the groundhogs that were left. Carrying them with her maw, as many as she could, the warrior returned moments later once again silently offering her shoulder for Winterpaw to lean on should it be needed. The warrior would remain next to the apprentice for the rest of the road back, wanting to make sure he didn’t collapse.

[ @Rani @zozelen @gs29513 ]

Old April 17th, 2024, 08:33 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post

Bravebird - WindClan Warrior
She/her | 45 moons | Beefed Up T3, One with the Warren
Two answers... well, that was better than nothing. Bravebird grinned at both of the apprentices as they joined her in the clearing. "Hello, Rabbitpaw. Nice to meet you," she replied with a forced grin. This was one of the newer apprentices if she recalled correctly, named during... She blinked, dismissing the thought from her mind as she glanced at Dovepaw as well. "We'll start with a quick run to wipe away the sleepiness, and then we can work on some fighting moves. Sound good?" Starting with fighting would be good. It would be a way for her to do what she loved to do most and prepare these kids for what was to come.

Without much else said the lilac warrior turned and headed out of camp, only breaking into a sprint once she had left the clearing. Since they had moved to the cliff that she and Fernpaw had found all those seasons ago, Bravebird had made it a habit of racing out of camp and down the slope. It gave her momentum, and for a brief moment as she felt the wind tangle its fingers through her fur, it made her forget her worries. It was just her, and the moors, and the wind...

She didn't go full speed though, and occasionally glanced over her shoulder to make sure Dovepaw and Rabbitpaw were keeping up. They were coming up on the small patch of woodland - Sunset Grove, she recalled, and Bravebird slowed a bit and turned, glancing at both of the 'paws with her. There were no sign of the minks thankfully, but she kept an eye out for porcupines. Stars... did not want to go through that again. "How're you both feeling? Awake and ready for some training?" Of course, she'd let them catch their breath first; endurance to the level she had required consistent training, and for apprentices not used to that yet it would take a bit of time to acclimate to.

[ Dovepaw - @/Kaybug. ] [ Rabbitpaw - @/Dolomedes ]
[ hope it was okay to combine these two! that way brave can also teach partner fighting too! ]

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 6 | Purrks: none | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw was happy that Bravebird had allowed him to join her and Dovepaw for training, he had a lot to learn if he wanted to be ready to protect Windclan from Riverclan and minks! The warrior started with bringing them on a run through the territory which was amazing, it was the first time that Rabbitpaw really got to just run!!! Not confined by the walls of camp or having to stay with the group. It was the first time he really felt the winds of their territory and it was the moment that really felt like Rabbitpaw was Windclan, that he was one with the wind and the territory! He was Rabbitpaw of Windclan and he was going to be the best apprentice and warrior that he could be for his clan. Starting with this training, even though he was already planning so many trainings and had a spar with Lightningpaw. Eventually, Bravebird slowed to a stop and Rabbitpaw halted as well, gasping for air now that he realized just how much his lungs had lagged compared to his legs.

They were now in a woodland, Rabbitpaw hadn't been given any tours yet so he didn't know what it was called, he made a note to ask Crowtooth or someone else for a territory tour soon. His green eyes lifted from the terrain to the warrior as she spoke again. The blonde apprentice heaved one more big breath, held it for a moment in his burning lungs, before exhaling and lifting up. "More than ready! Will we be running back to camp too?" The little tom tried not to be too excited at the thought of another run but he couldn't help it, that was so much fun. He couldn't help but be anxious. He didn't know if they were near any borders or near where any mink sightings have been but he trusted that Bravebird wouldn't have led them to a dangerous spot. He pointedly squashed down the flashes of the meeting that showed behind his eye lids every time he blinks as he thought of borders, or more so, the Riverclan border. Everything was okay, just focus.

Rabbitpaw turned his attention to the apprentice that was also here, Dovepaw. The blonde apprentice hasn't been able to meet many of his fellow apprentices yet, mostly just Lightningpaw, and that was it. "My name is Rabbitpaw, I am happy to be able to train with you!" The tom gave to the other apprentice in greeting, tilting his head slightly as he awaited to be given a greeting or introduction back from Dovepaw.
[ @Kaybug. - Dovepaw ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!