The Atari [Outsider Group...
by taillow
Last post by iliri
Today 06:24 AM
Saturn's rock
Last post by Minkuu
Today 06:24 AM

Old June 5th, 2024, 10:34 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Small group finder for RC in the mountains plot!

Hello! I'm sure many of you have seen taillow's Atari finder by now (if you haven't, go look at it!). Part of the plot we have set up between the Atari and RiverClan involves a small group of cats with a violent history with the Atari. Unfortunately we didn't get approval for this group to be larger than the max allowed by site rules, so we're only looking for seven cats!

These cats will be friendly with RiverClan from the get-go. They've been repeatedly attacked by the Atari as part of a moons-long war; through a mixture of illness and these attacks, they've dwindled from numbers similar to that of the Atari to their current size. Right before RiverClan arrives, an attack occurs that leaves them with only seven remaining cats.

Desperate for survival, they ask for RiverClan's help in fighting the Atari. Fading initially is hesitant, but through an event that will be kept secret for now, these cats gain his trust and he agrees to help them.

Since there are only seven spots open for this group, the high rank team is going to be pickier about who we pick! This is not first-come, first-serve! That being said, this finder will only be open until June 19, so please keep in mind that you won't have tons of time to work on your application!

Now, on to what we're looking for:
  • Activity. These cats are important to the plot we've made, so we need you to be active! You should be able to reliably get posts out within 3-4 days.
  • Well-developed characters. Please don't submit incredibly mundane characters! Give them vibrant personalities that help them stand out. Having said that, we're not looking for evil cats or anyone who's going to betray RiverClan. These cats are all going to be friendly to RC!
  • A willingness to participate in the plots we've planned. We have plots already established for RC's time away, and these plots have received staff's approval. We'll need you to be willing to go along with them!
  • Good communication. If you're no longer interested in roleplaying one of these cats or you need to go on hiatus, please let us know! Don't just disappear; since there are only seven of these cats, even one or two disappearing would have a big impact. We do ask that you adopt your cat to us instead of letting them disappear/killing them off while RC's plots are still ongoing; once they've left the mountains, you're free to do with them as you wish! Discord is strongly encouraged, but not required.

Having said all that, go wild with your application! Make it fun and give it lots of razzle-dazzle, but remember that you only have until the 19! Once RC heads out of the mountains, you'll be given the choice to have your cat join RC or stay in the mountains.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old June 5th, 2024, 10:38 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Small group finder for RC in the mountains plot!

"Why speak when an action is worth a thousand words?"

Basics
Name
Forager
Previous Name(s)
Lost
Name Meaning(s)
Forager: They were given this name because of their habits of wandering off and digging all sorts of things. They love to collect trinkets of all sorts and like to mix together the world around them to show the cats around them what's inside of them. They know it's hard for Forager to be understood with only words so they turn to more visual means of expression.
Lost: A reflection of what they were before they found this quint little group in the mountains while traveling for something more. They don't seem to hate Forager for their lack of words. And they don't seem to mind that Forager likes to just mess around with things. No more was Forager "Lost" because with this group they were now Found.
Sexuality
Aromantic | Demi-romantic
|| Meaning very little interest in romantic relationships but not entirely opposed, would just take a lot for him to feel ready for that point of an relationship ||
Appearance
Written Description (allegiance): A brown and white spotted feline with stray tabby stripes and blue eyes.
Written Description: A Norwegian forest cat with a mixed pelt with brown, white, tan, and dark brown. Tabby stripes are within the darkest patches of their fur. Their skin is spotted and they have blue eyes and round ears.

Personality/Background

Overview
Forager is an interesting character...though at first glance they are pretty run of the mill and has been told many times that they were kind of 'dull' and 'bland' to their face but they don't really mind. It was a mask, their mask, if no one expected anything from him then they don't look at him. He doesn't really like staring, and he likes his alone time, so when people don't look its easier for them to get away and focus on their projects. They are a thinker, an over thinker in some eyes, but a thinker. They have many thoughts, and they grew up alone with them for so long that they never really learned how to communicate them. It's led to many arguments or really folks yelling at him for 'not caring' about this or that. He usually does. He just doesn't know how to show that to the people around him. Which then leads to them becoming even more quiet because why does it matter if he speaks if the cats around him only want to see him as some 'unfeeling' thing.

He moves frequently...at least they did before meeting this quaint little place when he was about 7 moons old. Forager was known simply as Lost then. They were Lost and they were named as such. It was slow...they weren't alright. He knew immediately that these cats were ones plagued by something. Forager didn't know what immediately but they the cats that they met here in the moutains were kind. They didn't seem to mind their odd quietness, and they don't seem to think he was broken for not having his emotions out as much as they were in. And they allowed him space...not always...they were plagued repeatedly by a group of bad cats...the Atari. Forager was not pleased with the Atari. They were cruel to the cats that made Forager feel found rather than lost.

He wasn't too familiar with how to fight at first, he never really needed to. They had always been hurt only verbally never physically. Though Forager had learned how to run and the signs to run so they got through their travels with that. The feline did know how to hunt, having been taught a few techniques over his time moving around by a few cats of all backgrounds when they took pity on him. He wasn't small by any means, but a starving cat was a starving cat. And sometimes there is kindness in the world. So when the Atari attacked, Forager wasn't sure how to help but learned swiftly. They helped with hunting, they helped where they could. They helped but hope was dwindling in their family...because that's what they were to him now. They were family and the Atari was going to kill them all and why? Why did they feel threatened by them?

The Riverclan cats...they were strange. They were similar to the Atari..with names and roles and crowns and deputies...it was all the same thing. The thorns of a rose would hurt just as much under a different name. At least, that's how he saw them at first. They couldn't help but be skeptical around such a huge group of cats...even if they did look pathetic... well Forager couldn't image that that his own family looked better but sometimes he couldn't help but look at the parallels between the clan and the Atari. But the clan said they would help his family so it would be okay...right? They had a common enemy, but what if after the atari is dealt with the clan then attacks his family?? No. That was just the bad thoughts speaking. He wouldn't trust Riverclan immediately but he couldn't deny how they were showing them kindness that they really didn't need to.

Anywayyssss onto other non backstory focused things and more about what Forager spends his time doing outside of taking care of his little group and worrying about the Atari and/or the Riverclan cats. I have opened a site assistance thread about this but I am pretty sure that it'll passsss maybe???? If not, or this doesn't fit well with what you want then it can change but uhhh anyways! Forager likes to mess around with nature. He likes to take leafs and twigs and tries to get them to stick together or stick up from the ground in certain patterns, he likes to use mud to stick flowers to stones and trees, he likes to break up pinecones and use them to float in a little hole of water. He just does random things and he uses it as a means of expression. If he's feeling sad that would reflect in his projects, same with anything else. They use it as a means to understand things that were never taught to him because while he doesn't make sense to himself, nature makes sense...so maybe that would help.

Positives
Creative:

Rational:

Determined:

Protective:

Neutrals
Apathetic:

Independent:

Quiet:

Negatives
Skeptic:

Over-thinker:

Socially Clueless:

Relations

OOC

Last edited by Dolomedes; June 18th, 2024 at 10:21 PM.
Old June 5th, 2024, 10:42 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Chatty

35 Moons-
Beauty is terror. Whatever we call beautiful, we quiver before it. And what could be more terrifying and beautiful, to souls like the Greeks or our own, than to lose control completely?

Who he is…

Rambo is a cat who is not much of a feeler he is very analytical and ponders questions he often questions what the point of life is and if there is anything in the stars above he is viewed as eccentric/weird when compared to others while he excels at hunting he has a harder time expressing his thoughts he tries to help his friends whenever he can though most of the time he is dismissed

Kithood oh what joy..
He had a good kithood growing up with his sister although his parents were very absent he remained solitary and didn’t interact with many kits his age he stuck closely to his sister attached at the hip always hiding behind her spunky attitude he admired her spirit

Traits-Analytical,strong,Emotionally distant,disciplined

Orientation: bi

Last edited by Tallstar; Yesterday at 01:26 PM.
Old June 6th, 2024, 09:47 AM
In my ✧ Swiftie Era ✧

Bump Policy: ✩1 week due to personal reasons
My Mood: Queenly

Sweethaze
She/Her - 33 Moons
A small tortie female
with green eyes

Sweethaze was part of the small group, and acts like the mother to all the cats that reside there, caring for them as if they were her kits. When the Atari

WIP

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream

Last edited by Bean; June 13th, 2024 at 10:49 AM.
Old June 7th, 2024, 05:43 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

·˚ ༘₊·꒰➳: ̗̀➛ Frost
The Survivor

Last edited by chickadee; June 10th, 2024 at 02:49 PM.
Old June 9th, 2024, 03:24 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

boop
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old June 9th, 2024, 04:00 PM
your loveliest nightmare

Bump Policy: 4 days
My Mood: Asleep

SMUDGE
the silent

gender. nonbinary (they/them)
age. 30 moons
orientation. lesbian
appearance. smudge is on the bigger side, heavy-boned and stout. they have a harlequin coat, with their left side entirely black and their right marked with classic tabby stripes in shades of black and white. their fur is short and soft but incredibly dense, protecting them against the harsh mountain weather. smudge’s eyes are a clear yellow color and full of expression. they have a patch of white on their nose, straddling the bridge between tabby and solid black.
+ traits. empathetic, friendly, loyal
= traits. optimistic, energetic, sensitive
- traits. naive, socially awkward, gullible
personality. smudge is friendly and sensitive, an all-around happy cat. they are optimistic and energetic, but also incredibly naive. smudge sees the best in others and despite continuous disappointment, never wavers in their confidence. they are loyal to no end and love to protect the members of their group. smudge is emotionally intelligent, often the first to be in tune with complicated emotions, but simultaneously struggles to read a room.
other. smudge is mute, and unable to express themselves vocally. during times of extreme emotional distress, they will occasionally make indistinguishable sounds, but for the most they are silent. they communicate largely with facial expressions for simple concepts and with drawings in the dirt for more complicated ones.

she/her
rasberryswirl (shc), kestrelkit (thc), autumn, beastflame (rc)
character bios

Last edited by ophelia; June 11th, 2024 at 02:18 PM.
Old June 11th, 2024, 12:52 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

atlas
46 moons || he/him || born August 22nd 2020 || leo
large, heavily scarred smoke charcoal gray tom with orange eyes

serious, old fashioned, intelligent, loyal, stubborn, bitter, aggressive, honest

Atlas has a tendency to be an insufferable perfectionist and very protective of those he cares about, which includes the group of cats he lives with. Always combat ready and battle smart, he’s very thoughtful and paranoid. He will probably be wary of RiverClan at first, but once he understands that they can be helpful in keeping his group safe, he will be very open to helping RiverClan and allowing RiverClan to help them.

Loyal to the death, whether Atlas chooses to stay in the mountains or join RiverClan (depending on how many of his group join RC + how many bonds he builds with RiverClan) he will be a lifelong devout member of his group. Not ambitious by any means, Atlas drifts through life without wanting to climb the social ladder much, only wanting to help those around him.

Born into the group, every death that the group suffers is a harsh blow to the tomcat due to him growing fiercely protective of everyone he lives with. Atlas grew up with a father who taught him a strict code of ethics, being the oldest of a single little of four, after his father’s death when he was 8 moons Atlas became his family’s defender and nurturer, which is customary for the eldest son to do in his family.

He grew up with a young molly named Lyric, who he was deathly loyal to and killed for on multiple occasions, growing from childhood best friends to longtime mates. They had four litters of kits together and up until her death, Atlas barely went an hour without thinking of her, whether it was bringing her gifts or doting on her and their children, he was a devoted father and loving mate.

RiverClan appeared on the mountains not long after an attack from the Atari left Lyric and the last of Atlas’s children dead. The only survivor of a massive family, he takes to guarding the remaining group with his life, and is happy to help RiverClan… and be helped.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit

Last edited by poppy; June 14th, 2024 at 03:35 PM.
Old June 11th, 2024, 01:50 PM
He who dares, wins!

Status: I’m visiting Canada right now so I’ll be a lot less active!
Bump Policy: 20 seconds
My Mood: Happy

Flame
23 moons | She/Her

Flame is a ginger she-cat, named for her fur’s distinct colours and for occasionally having a bit of a fiery temper! She can come off as somewhat rude and has a bit of a potty mouth, and absolutely no shame in using it! (site-friendly words of course, I won’t use real swear words! Just the kind that you hear most cats saying, like mouse-brain, except Flame would be quite fond of using those words). She doesn’t actually mean anything by it though, it’s pretty much always just a bit of banter. Although she might have a…slightly different way of showing it, she does love her friends and is fiercely loyal. Despite the frequent rude word or two, she has a heart of gold when all is told.

This isn’t the most important thing, but she also loves to sing and hum! And she likes hearing the echo ringing through the mountains as well, however rarely does it unless she’s alone because she doesn’t like singing in front of other cats, it’s almost like stage fright of some sort. She can be creative, but some of her ideas might be a little bit far fetched as she’s quite ambitious and doesn’t care for things as frivolous as being realistic!

I intend for her to eventually have kits, although even before that, she’s very protective of family and friends, however is open to meeting new cats because, to put it simply, even though she loves them, she can get a bit bored seeing the same cats constantly and would quite like to meet someone new.

In terms of her physical description, her fur looks very much like…a flame! Who could’ve guessed? Her paws, lower legs, bottom side of her tail and belly would all be an almost golden colour, then that would slowly fade into orange the further up it goes, with her back and the top part of her tail being an almost red shade. She has bronze eyes, thick fur which is helpful for living in the mountains, but quite a thin tail, even with the thicker fur.
Old June 11th, 2024, 02:32 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Sleepy

Valentine
"Val"

3 Moons | She/He | Lesbian

Rouge Kit
___

Val looked around her little group. What would it be like if there were more of them? What would it be like if there were lots more of them? She'd heard of the Atari, and how many of them there were.. What if this group turned into something like that? That would be so cool.. She'd have so many friends! And.. there would be so many cute she-cats.. Val giggled quietly to himself. What if the group got bigger and Val found a she-cat willing to become his mate in the future? Maybe they could even have kits!

___

Kits.. Val always wanted a lot of kits. She was the only one that didnt go with Mumsie and it was kind of lonely. She used to have siblings to play with but.. After Mumsie stayed with the group while him and his siblings were little all his siblings went away with Mumsie, but she stayed. She liked it here!

Last edited by Ladiebugg; June 17th, 2024 at 09:41 PM.