Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Has-Been Denmates [p]
by Omari
Last post by Omari
Today 04:01 PM
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 03:57 PM
Fiercefire is Back!
Last post by Quacky
Today 03:56 PM
Sagekit finder
by Maybi
Last post by Maybi
Today 03:55 PM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by Lucythecat
Today 03:47 PM

Old April 18th, 2024, 12:46 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Hawkfur
WindClan Fury
he/him | 49 moons
[Russet tabby with tuxedo markings and sky blue eyes ]
Purrks: Flock Together T3
· · ────────────── · ·
[Crowtooth - @Rani ] [Bravebird - @taillow ] [Twilightstar - @Moonraven ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur felt exhaustion weighing his pelt down as he heard Twilightstar's call for a meeting. He wondered miserably if something else had gone wrong. As he listened to his leader speak, he was only hounded by the memories of seeing Fallownose dead in the clearing, and hearing his friends' wails of despair. He hadn't expected her to name a deputy so soon, especially after how long Fallownose had served under her.

What he hadn't been expecting, however, was the return of the Guardians. This time with a new name. Furies. Hawkfur wasn't sure how he felt about the name--he rather liked Guardians. He heard Crowtooth's name, Bravebird--that's my girl! he thought--And then, the most unexpected thing happened. He was called.

Hawkfur couldn't help the joyous smile that crossed his face as he was chosen to be one of the first WindClan Furies. He had been more absent than he would have liked the last few moons, but he had been trying to step it up recently and it had seemed Twilightstar had taken notice.

Her next announcement was less happy, but Hawkfur figured that it was going to happen sooner or later. It was time to take out those minks. And Hawkfur would be damned if he wasn't going on that patrol--especially after agreeing to Bravebird's plan. There would be no damn minks in this territory as long as Hawkfur was anticipating being a father.

As cats dispersed, talked, and gathered near Twilightstar to volunteer for the mink patrol, Hawkfur weaved through the crowd to reach her, and his two friends. He dipped his head to the scarred molly, gratitude shining in his blue eyes. "Thank you for this opportunity. I won't let you down. I would be honored to join in ridding ourselves of these minks once and for all." Stepping back to stand near Crowtooth and Bravebird, Hawkfur flashed them both a big grin. "Well isn't this unexpected! Not you two, of course, because that makes all the sense in the world, I just meant--" he paused, wincing. "I didn't expect this for myself. Not that I'm not grateful! I am!! And excited." His blue eyes shone with pride. "I am beyond thrilled."
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old April 18th, 2024, 04:03 PM

Bump Policy: Whenever I am active always
My Mood: Chatty

Lightningpaw would look around for the two Warriors he knew who now were Furies. His orange tabby pelt rippled with excite his yellow eyes glowed just as excited. He would weave through the cats in the clearing towards Bravebird and Crowtooth. However he'd quickly notice they were speaking to each other. Lightningpaw would force himself to remain in place while they did. His tail lashing from anticipation to congratulate the two Warriors. 'But wait is this something I should congratulate? The Furies were created as a symbol of Windclan's anger towards losing their deputy. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to give them some congrats anyways it is a great honor I would imagine.' Lightningpaw would wait for one of the Warriors to notice him. Lightningpaw looked smaller than Rabbitpaw but he seemed albeit only slightly older than Rabbitpaw. Being 6 moons old but starting his training before Rabbitpaw. 'If you could consider only practicing a few moves and only doing chores training' Lightningpaw would think a bit with a fire in his chest at his Mentor Crowstumble's negligence. But he would push that down for now and use that anger against the minks.
@Rani - Crowstumble | @taillow - Bravebird
Old April 18th, 2024, 04:36 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active

The spotted lass responded in an instant to the summons. Ever since her mate had left the medicine cat's den, the healer had quickly found herself paranoid once more, lacking sleep and always alert for when the next intruder might enter her domain. It didn't help that the pregnancy concerned her. It wasn't intuition. It was how little she knew about it... and what she did know providing no comfort. A part of her almost wished the StarClan warrior had not told her a thing. The vague message had been worse than remaining ignorant. But then... that wouldn't have been fair to Firestorm. She would have never believed that she had simply wished for the kits to exist. It was such a... nonsensical way to get pregnant, after all. Impossible. Unless the dead cats wanted to play. Then she could worry and fret the closer the litter's due date came.

It was clear that the call was not because her kits were being born, of course. Which suited the calico just fine as she settled by the den's entrance, wrapped in shadows away from the warriors as Twilightstar spoke. It was odd to see her call to the clan in this fashion. She usually called from the branch, which meant something was up... Of course, the leader had never been one to mince words with her clan, and she got to the point quickly. WindClan would be without deputy for some time. Lightningstorm could understand that much. She hadn't been able to find her own replacement yet, the wound in her heart nowhere near close... the idea of choosing the next cat to become a pariah within the clan, to become nothing more than a worthless servant until the rats tired of them not sitting well with her either. It didn't stop the rumors, of course. The cats wanting to force their kin as her apprentice for some level of clout, obviously with their heads so far up their arses they couldn't see there was no glory in this life. No safety. Only illness, ridicule, and death. Yes, the lilac molly should be allowed her moment to grieve. To process before she found a suitable replacement for the tom.

Even so, she wouldn't have to do so alone. It seemed she was bringing the guardians back. It had been a while since she had heard of the rank. Not since the fire, when the last guardian had gone missing... or died. They weren't guardians anymore, though, but furies, and the storm couldn't help but smirk at the name. It was much more fitting of WindClan, to be honest. With how self centered and narcissistic most of these cats were, guarding others was the last thing on their minds during the best of times. Furies, however, had a more truthful ring to it. The rats could certainly get furious whenever they were singing their own praises about how much better than their dead clanmates they were.

As the cats belonging to the new rank were named, the molly tilted her head, realizing just how out of the loop she was with WindClan as a whole. She knew who these cats were, of course. Dapplebreeze was a patient she'd struggled to keep alive for some moons... a feline who had been closer to death than she maybe realized, the very herbs she had been taking potentially being among the poisoned at some point during the extent of her healing journey. Bravebird and Crowtooth she was familiar enough with as well. They were both reliable in their own way... as long as things didn't get too prickly for the lynx point, that was. Batglare she knew well enough that both Twilightstar and Leechscar saw eye to eye with, seeing him as dependable, a fact that Lightningstorm had never tested, not really interacting much if at all with the tom... and then there was Hawkfur. Whom other than having served as a chew toy for the minks during their first encounter, the healer had to admit she knew nothing about. For a moment she considered fixing that, but instantly decided against it. No point to waste time on fake friendships with cats who cared for her only as far as she was of use to them.

She didn't bother celebrating or cheering on them. No cat had given an arse when she had been turned into an apprentice. Given less thought to her having been chosen as medicine cat apprentice, and had actively walked away from her the day she had gained her full name in the Starcave, despite having arrived mid meeting. It seemed adequate to give the same amount of enthusiasm she had been given to these vermin now. Gratefully, not even Twilightstar seemed to have the time to give good wishes to these new furies, instead telling them it was time to go. It wasn't until her name was called that she stood, showing her face and giving a nod. She would need to scout around for a cat to help her with her herbs... and it would have to be a cat that was quick on their feet and had some modicum of intellect when it came to herbs. Being a medicine cat on the field was dangerous. Some cats wouldn't think twice about killing you. Predators would no doubt care even less.

Lightningstorm wasn't certain what happened. Suddenly cats were making plans on who should help her, as if she wasn't capable of making the choice for herself. Rabbitpaw at the very least was sweet enough. He presented her with a gift, and made sure to tell her that his mentor didn't approve of him so much as getting close to the things. Considering Crowtooth had been in the first patrol to encounter these vicious things and therefore had more knowledge than her on the matter, she was inclined to agree with his verdict. Yet she found herself feeling a bit... disappointed in having to shut down the apprentice. She had once liked to foment that spirit to help. To be of use. To learn. She was only seventeen moons of age... and yet she couldn't help but feel old and gray for a moment as she stared into the six moons old paw's eyes.

"Thanks, love. I know you really want to help, and I honestly believe you would try your best but... You are too young. I don't say this about most warriors in this place but... Crowtooth knows best. You can trust him. He's seen them, and it's going to be dangerous. Medicine cats on the field are not safe. If anything, we are the most vulnerable cats in battle. I cannot protect you if something happened, and I won't well bloody lead a promising new apprentice to his death. I would carry on my own execution if it came to it," she mewed, an apologetic half smile on her face as she spoke to Rabbitpaw.

Of course, Rabbitpaw hadn't been the only apprentice with the idea to help out the medic if battling was out. The mere understanding that the clan seemed to place her job as something so harmless and easy that it was the apprentices who were stepping forward to help had her seeing red momentarily, lightning flashing dangerously in her eyes. It didn't help that this wasn't the first time Orangepaw had seemingly misunderstood their patient and healer relationship, instead settling himself as a pseudo apprentice as well. Evidently learning herbs on his own, considering that Cowtuft had been exiled before he could teach her what dock did in the first place. The mention of how often he was in the medicine cat's den as further proof on how much knowledge cemented it, however, and she made a mental note of having a very serious talk with Watertail when she came back. If the paw's father could not stop putting these ideas in his son's head, this was going to cause problems down the line.

"No," she mewed, deliberately frostier than last they had spoken of this. "I will speak to Twilightstar of your situation, love, but I need you to remember that you are my patient, not my helper. I would prefer it if you or anybody else, really, could refrain from messing with my herb stores... lest I'll have to toss them all away again for fear of poisoning."

Flicking her tail to let the apprentice understand that she was done discussing this, Lightningstorm padded towards Twilightstar, her shoulders stiff. There was a clear lack of understanding and respect of her role in the clan by the entirety of WindClan, she knew as much... But to have it so present now of all times, when there was an emergency was... insulting. If either of these apprentices died, it would be on her head. But the paws obviously did not understand that, and the adults who pushed them towards it either stood in the same isle of obliviousness or did not care. Thank the stars at least some warriors were making sense... Shaking her head, she cleared her throat as she reached the leader, twitching an ear before she spoke in a low voice, not in the mood to be overheard by the rest of the vultures.

"Can you spare Bravebird from the battle? It would be good to have a cat who can defend themselves in case they turn on us... the minks that is... or ShadowClan. Who knows them. Predators don't look me over much, but I can't say the same about whoever else I choose to tag along," the medicine cat stated, a brow quirked in query.

She knew the leader was no doubt counting on Bravebird's strength for the battle, but much as she loathed to admit it... this wouldn't be the first time she had been paired in a moment of crisis with the fury, and despite how often she made her the butt end of her jokes, or how much she resented her after the Cowtuft debacle... there was an admitted understanding between the two of them that she was willing to trust. The lithe calico would of course choose another if Twilightstar couldn't spare her. Lightningstorm wouldn't be able to blame her if such was the case. The quill face had been made a fury for a reason, after all. Questionable battle tactics of the past not withstanding.

@Moonraven [Twilightstar] | @Dolomedes [Rabbitpaw] | @SeonghwasBunnyEars [Orangepaw]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old April 18th, 2024, 04:45 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.

(Sobs in I couldn't get to this sooner because of school and extracurriculars)

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN - AMAB HE/HIM - BEEFED UP TIER 1 ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Twilightstar's yowl made Wolffang's head lift of its own accord. He hardly realized he'd moved until he blinked and it was in the air. A cool breeze whipped past, ruffling his dappled gray fur and disturbing his whiskers. He automatically lifted a paw to smooth them down. Each movement didn't process correctly; it was like he knew he had to do it but wasn't really thinking. The large warrior rose to his paws, shaking off scraps of greenery, and padded closer to Twilightstar until he'd joined the ring of cats around her.

His amber gaze instinctively darted to the roots of the Galewood, where he expected a tall, dark shape to stand erect. But it was bare. Claws pierced his heart and ripped it clean down the middle. The pain was so raw that it made him wince. Fallownose...

The deputy should be there. He should be supporting his leader with all the loyalty governed by the warrior code and guiding her pawsteps until that fateful day when it was time for him to take her place.

But he wasn't. Because RiverClan had killed him.

A quiet growl rumbled in Wolffang's throat, shaking away some of his grief-induced fatigue.

Those cruel, fish-munching wet-pelts.

Wolffang glanced up at the branches of the Galewood, expecting to see Twilightstar there, but she was missing. He blinked in shock and alarm. Then, as his gaze traveled to its roots - why am I still looking for Fallownose? - he found her lilac-gray pelt peeking among the earthy tones. I guess she's down here today, he thought, taking a seat in the luscious grass. He hardly felt its softness.

Everything just felt... wrong.

Twilightstar began her announcements, but they didn't quell the wound that still felt fresh. Whenever someone mentioned Fallownose, it felt like a physical blow. But Wolffang had no qualms with her decision. She needs time. We all need time. It would take a great cat to fill the pawprints he'd left behind. And, even when someone new was chosen to fill the role - someone who deserved it if they were chosen by the great Twilightstar - there would still be empty space. Yes, something was missing. Someone. He bowed his head in grief.

It lifted a heartbeat after Twilightstar announced the return of the Guardians rank. Guardians... That felt like such a long time ago. But they weren't the Guardians anymore. They were the Furies. Yes, the name suits them better. Without thinking, Wolffang unsheathed his claws and dug them into the fresh growth carpeting the clearing. Brown earth began to show as he tore it from its resting place and capsized it onto the grass. We need to show RiverClan that we aren't messing around. They won't push us over. They won't get away with this. His eyes began to blaze, and some of his fatigue began to melt away like frost under a sweltering sun.

The more he listened about the Furies, the more he liked the sound of them. A rank higher than a warrior but lower than the likes of a leader, deputy - he winced - or medicine cat, someone who could issue punishments but not ones that were too hefty, and whom could be replaced. He pricked his ears when she began announcing the names. All fine warriors, he thought approvingly. Well, except for Leechscar, but... no, he was an okay warrior. He just lacked the necessary loyalty and did everything out of obligation. Wolffang felt a familiar twinge of resentment for his former apprentice, but shoved it down. Twilightstar has her reasons. He's a good warrior. Just not one I'd want to represent one of WindClan's elite.

He also couldn't help feeling a twinge of regret that his name wasn't on the list. For so long, Wolffang had strived to be the best WindClan warrior possible, but stress and guilt had weighed him down. He'd forgiven himself a while ago. Beating himself up over it helped no one. However, as he heard the names, he couldn't help but feel some guilt. He wanted to help WindClan in the best way possible. He wanted to assist Twilightstar as best he could. He... well, he wanted to be a Fury.

But Wolffang knew why he hadn't been chosen, and he respected that decision. Other cats have risen in my place. I won't resent them for being great warriors. An image of Leechscar's scornful face flashed in his mind. Or at least good ones. If my duty is as a warrior, then so be it. Wolffang knew he could challenge someone for the spot, and for a heartbeat, he relished the idea of replacing Leechscar. But he couldn't help pushing the thought out of his mind. It seemed petty to challenge someone right after he got the role, and besides... well... challenging anyone felt wrong. They'd all done things to deserve to be there. Wolffang had been struggling. I may take up the role one day, but not now, he asserted. The thought was comforting.

Still, he couldn't stop that trickle of regret.

Get ready to head out? Wolffang blinked in confusion. But his question was quickly answered. The time had come to drive out the minks - and, once those creatures were gone, they could avenge RiverClan. Any guilt or regret or fatigue lifted to be replaced by burning passion. It was time for them to be gone for good.

But, wait - Dawnstar and ShadowClan were helping them? The thought of WindClan and ShadowClan working side by side made Wolffang's muscles tense. His shoulders went rigid, and anger began to churn in his stomach. Why them, after all they've done to us? They'd killed more deputies than RiverClan had. Taken more lives from Twilightstar. However... Twilightstar herself had made the alliance. WindClan would never forgive ShadowClan, but, if it meant getting revenge on RiverClan faster, then so be it. It doesn't feel right to risk my pelt for a ShadowClan cat if they get in danger, he thought with a grunt. Would he have to? Probably.

Now wasn't the time to waste thoughts on the what-ifs. Wolffang stepped forward and dipped his head toward Twilightstar. "It's been too long since I've fought for my Clan," he growled. "I'll make up for it in this fight. The sooner these pests are out of our fur, the better." Even if it means working with ShadowClan, he added silently.

A memory stirred from deep within. Wolffang continued, "I've dealt with minks before - well, a mink. I know it's not the same as an infestation, but I hope that experience will aid me well in the fight."

After that, he stepped back and scanned the crowd for the new Furies. He should congratulate them. They all deserved the role. "Congratulations, Batglare, Dapplebreeze, Crowtooth, Bravebird, Leechscar, Hawkfur. You all deserve it. I trust you will serve WindClan to your utmost abilities."

@Moonraven @Alchemist Kitsune @Rani @taillow @Undertaker @Mica

New and Improved Character Bios!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; April 18th, 2024 at 04:55 PM.
Old April 18th, 2024, 05:10 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 6 | Purrks: none | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw smiled up sadly as the medicine cat gave him a no on helping but it made since. He had seen what the minks did to his clan mates including his deputy and his now mentor. He knew that but...he has been practicing nonstop and training whenever he had some time. "I understand, Miss Lightningstorm!" He spoke to the medicine cat with a grin. He hoped that she was okay. Poppysong, Crowtooth, and Lightningstorm have all spoken about the dangers and he understood that it was dangerous, why did they all think he wants to help? He wants to help make sure they are all safe and he can't do that while stuck in camp, but he was only 6 moons, he is too small right now. Rabbitpaw looked away from Lightningstorm, "Please be safe then Miss Lightningstorm, since I can't be there to protect you or anyone, I'll be sure that the camp is safe for when you and the clan return!" The apprentice gently and affectionately bopped his head against the spotted molly's shoulder, then he started away.

"Poppysong! I need to go on a patrol with you while everyone is out! I need to get herbs and guard camp!" He should grab all his friends and discuss different things they could do around camp while they waited for the battle to end. They should have guards and they should have cats playing with the kits and taking care of the queens so they don't worry while everyone is away, and they should get more herbs like Crowtooth said so that Miss Lightningstorm had herbs to help herself and the clan's injuries. What to do first. He stopped and looked around looking for anyone who he knew and tried to see who was going or not. It was likely that Lightningpaw was staying behind as well, given that the other apprentice was even smaller than Rabbitpaw and was only a bit older than him.

What else was there? He wasn't sure? Maybe he could help patch up dens and fix up nests? How long will everyone be away? Surely it wouldn't be too long, the minks are going to get attacked by two whole clans! So that meant they had no chance and they were going to be squashed. OH! They should also go out hunting so that all the cats returning had a meal and didn't have to worry. Rabbitpaw bounded his way back to Crowtooth and smiled at Bravebird as the warrior was now beside his mentor. Rabbitpaw looked up to Crowtooth, "Miss Lightningstorm said no, but that means I can help get herbs and prey for everyone while you are all out? I was also thinking that I could help guard the camp just in case and and also play with the kits and take care of the queens so they don't worry! What else can I do to help while in camp?" Rabbitpaw asked curiously.
[ @Alchemist Kitsune - Lightningstorm | @Rani - Crowtooth | @MangofDoom - Poppysong ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!
Old April 18th, 2024, 05:44 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Status: I speak English, Thai, German, Korean and some others
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active

The spotted lass responded in an instant to the summons. Ever since her mate had left the medicine cat's den, the healer had quickly found herself paranoid once more, lacking sleep and always alert for when the next intruder might enter her domain. It didn't help that the pregnancy concerned her. It wasn't intuition. It was how little she knew about it... and what she did know providing no comfort. A part of her almost wished the StarClan warrior had not told her a thing. The vague message had been worse than remaining ignorant. But then... that wouldn't have been fair to Firestorm. She would have never believed that she had simply wished for the kits to exist. It was such a... nonsensical way to get pregnant, after all. Impossible. Unless the dead cats wanted to play. Then she could worry and fret the closer the litter's due date came.

It was clear that the call was not because her kits were being born, of course. Which suited the calico just fine as she settled by the den's entrance, wrapped in shadows away from the warriors as Twilightstar spoke. It was odd to see her call to the clan in this fashion. She usually called from the branch, which meant something was up... Of course, the leader had never been one to mince words with her clan, and she got to the point quickly. WindClan would be without deputy for some time. Lightningstorm could understand that much. She hadn't been able to find her own replacement yet, the wound in her heart nowhere near close... the idea of choosing the next cat to become a pariah within the clan, to become nothing more than a worthless servant until the rats tired of them not sitting well with her either. It didn't stop the rumors, of course. The cats wanting to force their kin as her apprentice for some level of clout, obviously with their heads so far up their arses they couldn't see there was no glory in this life. No safety. Only illness, ridicule, and death. Yes, the lilac molly should be allowed her moment to grieve. To process before she found a suitable replacement for the tom.

Even so, she wouldn't have to do so alone. It seemed she was bringing the guardians back. It had been a while since she had heard of the rank. Not since the fire, when the last guardian had gone missing... or died. They weren't guardians anymore, though, but furies, and the storm couldn't help but smirk at the name. It was much more fitting of WindClan, to be honest. With how self centered and narcissistic most of these cats were, guarding others was the last thing on their minds during the best of times. Furies, however, had a more truthful ring to it. The rats could certainly get furious whenever they were singing their own praises about how much better than their dead clanmates they were.

As the cats belonging to the new rank were named, the molly tilted her head, realizing just how out of the loop she was with WindClan as a whole. She knew who these cats were, of course. Dapplebreeze was a patient she'd struggled to keep alive for some moons... a feline who had been closer to death than she maybe realized, the very herbs she had been taking potentially being among the poisoned at some point during the extent of her healing journey. Bravebird and Crowtooth she was familiar enough with as well. They were both reliable in their own way... as long as things didn't get too prickly for the lynx point, that was. Batglare she knew well enough that both Twilightstar and Leechscar saw eye to eye with, seeing him as dependable, a fact that Lightningstorm had never tested, not really interacting much if at all with the tom... and then there was Hawkfur. Whom other than having served as a chew toy for the minks during their first encounter, the healer had to admit she knew nothing about. For a moment she considered fixing that, but instantly decided against it. No point to waste time on fake friendships with cats who cared for her only as far as she was of use to them.

She didn't bother celebrating or cheering on them. No cat had given an arse when she had been turned into an apprentice. Given less thought to her having been chosen as medicine cat apprentice, and had actively walked away from her the day she had gained her full name in the Starcave, despite having arrived mid meeting. It seemed adequate to give the same amount of enthusiasm she had been given to these vermin now. Gratefully, not even Twilightstar seemed to have the time to give good wishes to these new furies, instead telling them it was time to go. It wasn't until her name was called that she stood, showing her face and giving a nod. She would need to scout around for a cat to help her with her herbs... and it would have to be a cat that was quick on their feet and had some modicum of intellect when it came to herbs. Being a medicine cat on the field was dangerous. Some cats wouldn't think twice about killing you. Predators would no doubt care even less.

Lightningstorm wasn't certain what happened. Suddenly cats were making plans on who should help her, as if she wasn't capable of making the choice for herself. Rabbitpaw at the very least was sweet enough. He presented her with a gift, and made sure to tell her that his mentor didn't approve of him so much as getting close to the things. Considering Crowtooth had been in the first patrol to encounter these vicious things and therefore had more knowledge than her on the matter, she was inclined to agree with his verdict. Yet she found herself feeling a bit... disappointed in having to shut down the apprentice. She had once liked to foment that spirit to help. To be of use. To learn. She was only seventeen moons of age... and yet she couldn't help but feel old and gray for a moment as she stared into the six moons old paw's eyes.

"Thanks, love. I know you really want to help, and I honestly believe you would try your best but... You are too young. I don't say this about most warriors in this place but... Crowtooth knows best. You can trust him. He's seen them, and it's going to be dangerous. Medicine cats on the field are not safe. If anything, we are the most vulnerable cats in battle. I cannot protect you if something happened, and I won't well bloody lead a promising new apprentice to his death. I would carry on my own execution if it came to it," she mewed, an apologetic half smile on her face as she spoke to Rabbitpaw.

Of course, Rabbitpaw hadn't been the only apprentice with the idea to help out the medic if battling was out. The mere understanding that the clan seemed to place her job as something so harmless and easy that it was the apprentices who were stepping forward to help had her seeing red momentarily, lightning flashing dangerously in her eyes. It didn't help that this wasn't the first time Orangepaw had seemingly misunderstood their patient and healer relationship, instead settling himself as a pseudo apprentice as well. Evidently learning herbs on his own, considering that Cowtuft had been exiled before he could teach her what dock did in the first place. The mention of how often he was in the medicine cat's den as further proof on how much knowledge cemented it, however, and she made a mental note of having a very serious talk with Watertail when she came back. If the paw's father could not stop putting these ideas in his son's head, this was going to cause problems down the line.

"No," she mewed, deliberately frostier than last they had spoken of this. "I will speak to Twilightstar of your situation, love, but I need you to remember that you are my patient, not my helper. I would prefer it if you or anybody else, really, could refrain from messing with my herb stores... lest I'll have to toss them all away again for fear of poisoning."

Flicking her tail to let the apprentice understand that she was done discussing this, Lightningstorm padded towards Twilightstar, her shoulders stiff. There was a clear lack of understanding and respect of her role in the clan by the entirety of WindClan, she knew as much... But to have it so present now of all times, when there was an emergency was... insulting. If either of these apprentices died, it would be on her head. But the paws obviously did not understand that, and the adults who pushed them towards it either stood in the same isle of obliviousness or did not care. Thank the stars at least some warriors were making sense... Shaking her head, she cleared her throat as she reached the leader, twitching an ear before she spoke in a low voice, not in the mood to be overheard by the rest of the vultures.

"Can you spare Bravebird from the battle? It would be good to have a cat who can defend themselves in case they turn on us... the minks that is... or ShadowClan. Who knows them. Predators don't look me over much, but I can't say the same about whoever else I choose to tag along," the medicine cat stated, a brow quirked in query.

She knew the leader was no doubt counting on Bravebird's strength for the battle, but much as she loathed to admit it... this wouldn't be the first time she had been paired in a moment of crisis with the fury, and despite how often she made her the butt end of her jokes, or how much she resented her after the Cowtuft debacle... there was an admitted understanding between the two of them that she was willing to trust. The lithe calico would of course choose another if Twilightstar couldn't spare her. Lightningstorm wouldn't be able to blame her if such was the case. The quill face had been made a fury for a reason, after all. Questionable battle tactics of the past not withstanding.

@Moonraven [Twilightstar] | @Dolomedes [Rabbitpaw] | @SeonghwasBunnyEars [Orangepaw]
Orangepaw dipped his head gently. "Ok......I hope you don't get hurt." He mewed gently, his tone was sad as she said he was just a mere patient. Orangepaw knew he would never be a warrior, his taking for herbs didn't seem to be working out either. Looking at her he then mewed... "I-i know I'm not your helper..... and I probably never will be... but I just want to feel helpful if that makes sense.." Orangepaw mewed, the true sadness of his forbidden warrior-hood seeping through his mew. Orangepaw gave a small few nods to himself and sighed gently, "It was worth the shot...." He murmured to himself in pure sorrow and loneliness, even his father - Watertail - and his undying love and company was starting to make Orangepaw feel lonely, the apprentice took to working out at the moor and practicing with different muzzles, doing many laps and increasing them by day, but this never helped his breathing, it only helped him not gain weight from them prey he ate as he had nothing to do but eat, sleep, and sit alone while the other apprentice's got up early to go exercise and train. Orangepaw looked at the medicine cat with a small dip of his head before turning away to go sit alone, hunched over and miserable by the apprentice den. Orangepaw had to blink away his tears, his quivering whiskers the only thing keeping the depressed apprentice from hiding his secret of sadness.

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3

Last edited by SeonghwasBunnyEars; April 18th, 2024 at 06:38 PM. Reason: The secret of sadness
Old April 18th, 2024, 07:42 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Twilightstar was yowling again, and Deadmoon, as a decently good warrior, heeded her summons. It was an interesting one, to say the least. A new rank, or, more accurately, the return of an old one. Fury. It sounded like something almost Starclany. Ethereal. Swooping out of the sky upon their enemies, appearing suddenly, striking, and being gone just as fast, with carnage in their wake. That was why she wasn't one, she supposed. Not that she would have expected such a role, she was far from the elite warriors many of those named were. A bit calmer, more levelheaded, perhaps, but she had nothing upon their skill. She was somewhat surprised that Wolffang had not been named, he was always around and active, and one of the most skillful cats she knew.

Twilightstar must have her reasons though, and if nothing else she trusted their leader. Enough to be....alright, at least, with the whole Shadowclan alliance situation. Her own, personal friendships with a few Shadowclan cats in the past probably helped, making them less skulking shadow beasts to her than real cats, who could be alright. Oh. They were going to deal with the minks now. That made sense. But it also meant that she was rather in the mink-fighting crowd, and would now be expected to combat them. She really ought to, she was an adequate enough fighter that she shouldn't perish. Deadmoon might not have done too much training recently, but it should be fine. Surely. I'd like like was perhaps an exaggeration to come along. she mewed, just in case her hanging about wasn't interpreted as volunteering.

Last edited by gs29513; April 18th, 2024 at 07:43 PM.
Old April 18th, 2024, 08:34 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Leechscar's eyes turned to Twilightstar as the leader called for attention from an irregular spot. He'd never understand how she did this. Kept on pushing through everything for a bunch of ungrateful cats. These cats were so quick to forget all her hard work. They remember nothing of her struggles, her anger, her grief, and kept taking and taking.

The tom sighed and shook the notion from his mind. He's tried and tried to make Twilightstar see reason, but she was brainwashed into serving this clan until they killed her. He couldn't wait to see them fall apart when she did move on. Until then, however, he was obligated to continue helping as she commanded. Leechscar remained unsurprised hearing that she'd not be picking a new deputy at once, she had been very attached to Fallownose.

There was a vague memory of the Guardian rank, now called Furies. He listened intently as she explained what they'd be doing. It sounded like they'd be filling in for the deputy and helping around the clan, which sounded easy enough. Leechscar wasn't running himself ragged for this witless clan and had no interest in earning the rank. They could all jump off a cliff for all he cared.

Damnit! What did he do? Leechscar shot his mother the most disappointed expression he could muster. Why was he being punished? Was it because he kept bugging her about leaving the clan? Is that why she shoved him into the Furies? Genuinely upset, he lashed his tail into the grass below and sighed loudly. He wasn't going to throw a fit about this now, and with his luck, someone would hopefully replace him sooner rather than later. If he thought about it as taking some responsibility from Twilightstar's shoulders. He'd deal with it.

Where was Batglare? Leechscar might as well as go and sit and brood with the tom. He bet the old cat would be even more furious about this than him, especially when he was stuck as the Lead Fury. The large warrior got up to go and find the old man, barely glancing at Wolffang as he congratulated them. He knew he'd pick a fight with his former mentor since he knew without a doubt Wolffang didn't think he deserved it. Leechscar would offer him the rank if he knew it wouldn't tick off Twilightstar.

Noooooo! Why?! Leechscar already knew they had to fight with ShadowClan against the minks, but she was making Batglare stay behind. Twilightstar had to be punishing him for something. Upset, Leechscar glanced around to see if he could find Dreamlight. He was pouting and stomping the whole way out of here.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old April 18th, 2024, 10:15 PM
Aphrodite

Bump Policy: Feel Free To Bump Me!

Warmsun bounced about, he was going to fight..... Minks. Maybe some River-rats? Who knows.
Purrks: Lyebird's Lullaby On Silverpaw [ACTIVE]
GarlicFrog Is GarlicClans Oldest Cat. She Bites.

TheRadioDemon Is Holding Rotthroat Back While Patting Bearskull. blxze Is Patting Silverpaw. *Lunastar* Is Patting Them All
Old April 18th, 2024, 10:31 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 51 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Oh Crowtooths old bitter heart Rabbitpaw was way too good for this world. Seriously he was blessed to get an apprentice this kind and eager to work and learn, even if he felt bad having to occasionally put down his over ambitions (if selfess) tendencies. Rabbitpaw would grow into what he wanted to be, and the tom was pretty sure what the apprentice wanted to be would be incredible to behold.

Rabbitpaw took the rejection well and came bouncing back with a new goal and way to help, one that Poppysong seemed keen to help with.

Crowtooth shot her a thankful grin for that, pleased that even if the molly couldnt participate as she might want and used to she could do this. If Lightningstorm wasnt able to pass on some herbs she specifically wanted the tunneler would relay the ones he'd been tasked to gather before.

Attention was quickly stolen from supervising his apprentice by his friends however, and he let out a deep chuckle at Bravebirds quip. Yeah while they were allies right now the skunk striped tom wouldnt loose sleep over their injuries as long as it didnt ruin the deal.

The chuckle faded with a rare moment of vulnerability from the molly, lingering thoughts of the lost and he gently bumped a shoulder against hers, giving his own view. "Ive no doubt he's watchin' an' supportin' us. Bet he's also gonna be yellin' at every poor step we make he'dve done better like we're all kits again just learning ta throw a swipe." The rasped words were bittersweat but he hoped comforting in its own way. It'd be supportive yelling, he was sure but he could really almost hear the backseat fighting from the dead deputy already.

Things lightened when Hawkfur padded over and the tunneler grinned, playfully socking the other toms shoulder.
"Yer a dumbass Hawkfur. Ya deserve this ya really do, yer a great warrior just a fluff fer brained one. You too Bravebird, ya well earned this rank an' everyone will thrive in it.

We're all gonna do great wit' this us three, just ya watch. Batglare an' Dapplebreeze may run the show but we're gonna be the dynamic trio o' the furies!"
He'dve gone on if a voice hadnt caught his ears with Bravebirds name and the tom chuckled, nudging said molly.
"Guess yer not gonna be able ta join us in the kickin' hide ground this time though Bravebird. Next time then.
Keep yerself an' Lightningstorm safe fer us though. We got some fish ta gut later no one here's allowed ta be on rest fer that 'cuz they let a mink get the best o' them."

Yet another interruption but one the tom was sour over as Rabbitpaw was not at all defeated by rejection and eager to work. Crowtooth chuckled, reaching up to pat the apprentice on the head before responding with a. "Kiddo battles are shorter then ya think, I dunno that yer gonna get through much more then what ya set fer yerself already. Focus on the herb an' protection thin', if ya got time changin' out the moss aint glamorous but the warriors will sure appreciate a nice soft bed after the battle.

Ill see ya once its over kiddo and we can really crack into trainin'. Now git movin' we'll all be headin' out soon."

@Mica @taillow @Dolomedes