by ollie
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 12:13 PM

Old June 28th, 2024, 12:35 AM
losing sanity

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Amused
Default the smell of fresh rain

Risingstorm sat in the clearing, watching his clanmates as the sky turned a soft gray, bringing the chance of rain. Rising licked his chest, sitting alone near the warriors' den. He was still getting used to his new name, thinking of the leader's wordplay: "Rising to the occasion," were the words she spoke, and now he was Risingstorm. It was charming what Bumblestar did.

Rising finished cleaning his chest before taking a deep breath, noticing the slight chill in the air. He released his breath and went for a walk with... no one. Gosh, he had no friends, did he? The only cat he ever hung out with was Wolfhive. He flicked his ear and looked down. Why was he lonely? He never fully put himself out there, but he was sure he could have at least made one other friend. He sighed, frowning, his brow furrowed and his tail hanging low. He stopped closer to the elders' den this time.

He looked back up at the sky, which had grown slightly darker. Yeah, rain would come, maybe a bit of thunder here and there. Rising looked around the camp, seeing a mix of fur colors from white to black, orange to gray. He just stayed where he was, lost in his own mind, feeling a bit sad and gloomy like the sky above.

@rubberRatroom
-snake pelt-

Bugclan sign ups

-+{My characters}+-

Fallingpaw
Old June 28th, 2024, 03:45 PM
Rainbow Rat

Bump Policy: 12 hours
My Mood: Goofy
Default Re: the smell of fresh rain

Snakepelt.
Non-binary | warrior | purrks: N/A

Snakepelt sat, ready to get up as soon as the meeting ended. Though they found themself looking back towards both newly made warriors. They felt as if they'd ought to give more congratulations, becoming a warrior wasn't as easy as some played it out to be. So when the meeting came to its end, they got up and went to say a quick congrats to both cats. Though when they got there, Risingstorm was already off towards the elders den. Huh.

"Congratulations on your new name!"

They said simply to the other cat, then contemplated whether or not they should go after Risingstorm. On one paw, Snakepelt still wanted to say their congrats, would it seem rude if they didn't? On the other paw, Snakepelt didn't even really know this cat. That never stopped anycat from being nice... they grumbled in their own frustration.

Before they could even continue their mind-boggling thoughts, their paws started moving.

"Hello, congratulations on your new name Risingstorm!"

Snakepelt tried to say it with the same enthusiasm as before. They waited for a reply, then they would walk to the warriors den for sleep.

@Spider.
Old June 28th, 2024, 07:28 PM
losing sanity

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberRatroom View Post
Snakepelt.

Snakepelt sat, ready to get up as soon as the meeting ended. Though they found themself looking back towards both newly made warriors. They felt as if they'd ought to give more congratulations, becoming a warrior wasn't as easy as some played it out to be. So when the meeting came to its end, they got up and went to say a quick congrats to both cats. Though when they got there, Risingstorm was already off towards the elders den. Huh.

"Congratulations on your new name!"

They said simply to the other cat, then contemplated whether or not they should go after Risingstorm. On one paw, Snakepelt still wanted to say their congrats, would it seem rude if they didn't? On the other paw, Snakepelt didn't even really know this cat. That never stopped anycat from being nice... they grumbled in their own frustration.

Before they could even continue their mind-boggling thoughts, their paws started moving.

"Hello, congratulations on your new name Risingstorm!"

Snakepelt tried to say it with the same enthusiasm as before. They waited for a reply, then they would walk to the warriors den for sleep.

@Spider.

[Risingstorm| thunderclan warrior|Purrks: just a scratch]

Rising, still caught in his thoughts, didn't see the cat approaching him. When the cat spoke, congratulating him on his new name, he looked up at them. "Oh, uh, thank you," he smiled, sitting up straighter. Who was this cat? he wondered, going through the list of names in his head. Snakepelt, right? he thought. "Uh, Snakepelt, right?" he asked, unsure if he had the right name. Rising felt he should know, being a warrior now, but he didn't know every cat and felt somewhat embarrassed by that. He twitched his whiskers uneasily and wrapped his tail around his lanky legs.

Bugclan sign ups

-+{My characters}+-

Fallingpaw
Old June 28th, 2024, 08:12 PM
Rainbow Rat

Bump Policy: 12 hours
My Mood: Goofy

Snakepelt.

Snakepelt nodded their head.

"Indeed it is,"

they were rather calmer with their tone now. They weren't much for loud events, neither did they like being it themself. Perhaps Snake ought to get out of camp more, go down to Sunkissed Creek their favorite place by farand just relax. Watch the sun set or rise ... either would look magnificent in reflection to the water. The thought made them feel at ease, and for whatever reason tired.

"Nice meeting you. I'm going to head back, tired."

Simple words Snake felt conveyed their point better than complicated ones. They were tired, it was cloudy... not that they didn't like rain. Rain was soft, light, and made a steady noise that Snakepelt quite enjoyed. But they'd much rather be in a den while it rained then outside in the clearing.

"Looks like it'll rain, you might wanna get to the warriors den soon. Up to you, though."

Snakepelt flicked their tail mindlessly, ready to turn on their heel and slowly make their way back to the warriors den.

@Spider.

Last edited by rubberRatroom; June 28th, 2024 at 08:13 PM.