“A Rabbit on the Hunt! So...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:03 AM

Old April 8th, 2024, 11:30 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: pretty much whenever / less active on weekends
My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

"Oh! I'll go check it out!" Berrypaw offered, dropping her current load on the grass and padding over in the direction her mentor pointed.

[Roll: 16 | Success]

The apprentice sniffed around and found just what she was looking for. A single daisy looking promising out of the rest of wilted bunch. She carefully angled herself and plucked it, then continued to look for the speck of yellow her mentor had seen.

[Roll: 6 | Fail]

But it was too good to be true. Most of the flowers were wilted and got mixed up with some dandelions. With a small sigh Berrypaw ran back over to Mistyshard. "Just found this," she mewed, dropping the daisy with her yellowbell bunch from earlier. "The rest of it's still dead from leaf-bare, or too young..."

[+1 daisy]

/ @starry @Blazing @Neptune.

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice.

Old April 9th, 2024, 12:54 AM
UGH

Bump Policy: 1 week if my mood is busy, 4 days if not, 2 days if time sensitive. If i'm on hiatus, do not bump me
My Mood: Busy

OX Emberfang XO
Riverclan warrior | He/she/they | Shadow Fiend [Inactive]
Alright, so the Sleepy Thicket. Are there even any ghosts here? Let alone a headless one. He could go hear 100 different times and he doubted he'll see anything but a bunch of trees. "Sooo" right..they can't just stick together because that'll make things go too slow, especially since their both warriors. Patrols aren't really a good time to be having a conversation. Guess that's his fault for not getting into conversations in all his free time "time to split up! You go left, i'll go right. Bubblekite probably already knows what to do if he ends up coming along"
[ @Littlesun0112 @/Myling ]

groareroraqreoroar - dino
ghostie wuz herez

Last edited by Minkuu; April 9th, 2024 at 12:55 AM.
Old April 9th, 2024, 09:11 PM

Bump Policy: Bump me ASAP, or whenever :)

@Minkuu @/Myling

MINNOWSPLASH - he/they

Minnowsplash gave a light nod. "Just... make sure not to go too far, in case there's a badger or something around here." They padded away, then paused. "If you see a ghost, make sure to scream and I'll come rescue you," they joked. Please don't let Emberfang think I'm fish-brained. A slightly-embarrassed Minnowsplash disappeared into the bushes on the left, leaving only a few strands of white fur behind.

(do you still want to do a you-me-you-me hunting post pattern or individually?)

-sign my sig below if you want-
Old April 9th, 2024, 10:24 PM
UGH

Bump Policy: 1 week if my mood is busy, 4 days if not, 2 days if time sensitive. If i'm on hiatus, do not bump me

OX Emberfang XO
Riverclan warrior | He/she/they | Shadow Fiend [Inactive]
Okay, they gotta be joking, right? There's no ghosts here. Plus, even if there was one, what're they gonna do? Float and go through the trees or something? Outsiders are more of a problem, but who exactly would go here? Huh, if he runs into a Fandingsun situation..then that might be the thing to make him ditch the patrol all together. Though at the same time...maybe if he gets a good haul..then Jay would notice his work and then maybe he'll get impressed in a way! Though he's going to have to work a bunch to make that happen..but if it means...but would Jay notice that he caught it, or not? Well either way maybe if he gets a good haul then he'll be put on more patrols and then he'll see his work. Yea that seems like a plan (not how it works but shh no one tell him). And there he goes deeper into the Sleepy Thickets. No badgers are scaring him. Are there's even any badgers there? He never saw any.

Rolled 11 - Fail
Okay, okay, now he just has to move though the bushes and keep his ears open and his nose focused on anything in the area. He noticed a scent flowing through the premise. Rat. Oh, this is already going well for him. He quietly followed the scent, dropping into a hunting crouch as soon as her was closer to it. Now he just has to wait for the right moment. As he stalked forward, it appears that his was..foiled..? Wait wait, no no no, come back! Come back come back come back!! The warrior let out an exaggerated sigh out of pure annoyance. God, what even was it that let that rat go? He could've sworn he didn't step on anything (yes. Yes he did). Whatever, he can't waste anymore time here. That'll just be asking to not catch anything. That damn rat.

Rolled 14 - success

C'mon, Emberfang, just continue walking. And walking. He'll catch something one way or another. After walking who knows how many steps, he finally caught a scent. A different one, this time. His head turned to where the scent leading him, as he brought his paws to walk towards where the trail was leading him. And he won't let this one escape. A vole he saw. Not big. But it seems around good enough to count since it's not too small. Maybe he could give this to Jayfrost...or...is that not how it works..? Or maybe he could catch an extra thing. Then he could give it to Jay. Maybe something impressive. More impressive that this. Emberfang stalked forward, getting closer to the vole. What is it doing? Is it trying to look for food as well? Is it just standing there? Is it searching for something? It's practically asking to get killed. And with that, he jumped forward, biting down on the vole and watching it's life drag away from it's body. Success........ Still, he was pretty angry at the first encounter with the rat. But this, is a start and he can't help but grin at it

[remaining attempts: 3]

Time to search for another prey. Surely he didn't take too long already. There's gotta be something else lurking in this Thicket. And he swears, if Minnowsplash's already done he'll..well, he doesn't know what he'll do. But he'll do something!
[ @Littlesun0112 @/Myling | Sure, we should probably keep the posting order ]

ghostie wuz herez

Old April 10th, 2024, 06:24 AM

Bump Policy: Bump me ASAP, or whenever :)

@Minkuu @/Myling

MINNOWSPLASH - he/they

Minnowsplash padded further into the woods, sniffing the air for any sign of prey.

Rolled: 2 success
They turned around in the hazy undergrowth, trying to find a piece of prey quickly. The quicker the patrol was done, the quicker they could get out of this weird place. Minnowsplash caught a whiff of bird scent and crouched down. In front of them, a sparrow was pecking at the ground. They crept forward lightly, step by step. One step.. two steps… in a flash, Minnowsplash pounced. They pinned the bird’s wings down and delivered a final blow. Thank you, StarClan, for this fine prey. It wasn't much, but it'd probably be enough to feed a hungry apprentice.

Rolled: 1 fail
They kicked the sparrow off to the side and checked for more prey scent. Hmm... something musty-smelling was a few tail-lengths behind them. Turning around, Minnowsplash saw… a rabbit! It would be good for the clan if they had a nice big rabbit in the prey pile! Minnowsplash eagerly began chasing the rabbit, only to run face-first into a bush with brambles. Drats!

Minnowsplash padded back towards Emberfang to stash their prey. It looked like a meager haul, but there was still plenty of daylight left.

-sign my sig below if you want-

Last edited by Littlesun0112; April 10th, 2024 at 05:17 PM.
Old April 10th, 2024, 12:44 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Mistyshard managed to locate the yellow flowers, but unfortunately, it was only really a single flower. There was a frown on her maw but she decided she couldn't be too grim. Surely her patrolmates had found something. So she smiled and nodded at Berrypaw, then signaled for her apprentice to join her in heading back to their meeting point. "We're heading back now!" she called to her patrolmates. Once everyone was gathered she began trotting back to camp.

[ @SentimentalSquid @Neptune. @Blazing just a short wrap up post since the patrol is due today, you don't have to reply if you don't want to <3 ]
[ +1 yellowbell ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old April 10th, 2024, 01:54 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: pretty much whenever / less active on weekends
My Mood: Inspired

Berrypaw nodded and bounded after her mentor, proudly holding her collected herbs in her maw. She'd done alright today! As a brand new apprentice she was looking for every opportunity she could to prove herself... StarClan knows she needed the confidence.

/ [ @Neptune. @Blazing @starry - okie! <3]

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice.

Old April 10th, 2024, 06:05 PM

Bump Policy: After a week!

PIGEONPELT

After gathering enough herbs, Pigeonpelt brought all her yellowbells and daisies back, to find the patrol starting to head back. She would following along with the herbs shut tightly in her jaws, her paws light as they went back to camp.
@starry @SentimentalSquid @Neptune.
Old April 12th, 2024, 12:02 AM
UGH

OX Emberfang XO
Riverclan warrior | He/she/they | Shadow Fiend [Inactive], Beefed up T1 [Inactive]

[Rolled 1 - Fail (very)]
BRO
Emberfang stalked a squirrel through the bushes, his eyes locked onto the thing. And, then right as he was about to take he leap and kill it, a tree branch fell near the warrior, scaring of the squirrel. And probably every other prey in the area. A scowl made it's way onto his face. His luck is disgustingly low right now. He needs to find another one. Soon.

[Rolled 16 - success]

2 times had he lost some prey, and now he had to make up for it. Waste of time, waste of energy. Had he known that tree branch was going to crack, he would've moved his spot and- what was that? His eyes locked on what seems like an rat coming out of a burrow. This was a chance. He crouched low, watching as the rat emerges from it's home. And he waited until the rat had come out of the burrow fully. Far enough so it can't hide. And then he strikes, and he caught it right before it goes back it. Hm..if there's one rat in there...would there be another..? If the rat's smart it'll stay in there...so maybe if there is one it won't come out. It doesn't seem like there could be any though.

[Rolled 19 - success]
1 vole, 1 rat. He can't come back with just two, but he had a feeling he was already spending a lot of time here. Maybe he could find just one more. But...if he was taking too long...then maybe that won't set up a good image of him...ah, why is this so hard? He just needs to get lucky one more time. And so he focuses again, slowly walking through the bushes and trees. Trying to repeat the process again. He did hear something move on the ground though...something hopefully near. The noises stopped, but he tried to remember where it came from. His left, hopefully. He stopped moving once he sees it. Ahah! His guess was correct. He broke the silence, leaping forward and biting down on it. He didn't even wait. He didn't even know what it was he was going after. Once it went limp he took a moment to actually know what it was. Another...rat? A small one...wait no it's just a mice.
[Remaining Attempts: 0]

------cough cough, the part below this line isn't important to the patrol------

Right...so he should be finish...he did tell himself that was the last one...urgh..fine, he was already getting tired anyway. Not that much, but it counts. Maybe he could go back to the clearing and just try to seek out Jayfrost after this. Wonder what the guy is doing. Though he doesn't want to see him talking to Garlicfeather of all cats in the clans. Thinking about that already makes him sick. They're not even mates anymore but why are they still talking? He didn't like seeing it. Oh right, the patrol. Jeez, why does Garlicfeather have to distract him so much? Ember should be the one talking to him, not Garlicfeather! C'mon, what did he do?

He walked back to where the patrol was supposed to meet up again, carrying the prey he caught. The warrior was not seeing Minnowsplash yet. Does this mean he still had time to hunt? Dammit! Well, it's too late to go back now, so he might as well be the one waiting. He sat down, looking out for the tom.

[ @Littlesun0112 @/Myling ]

ghostie wuz herez

Last edited by Minkuu; April 12th, 2024 at 12:05 AM.
Old April 12th, 2024, 10:39 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiales View Post

Murkywater
|dark looking water kitty with algae colored eyes|he/they|RC warrior|
"I hope what you did to me, haunts you"

The warrior walked about the sleepy thicket. He didn't care much for the spooky ghost stories. He simply talked and chatted about to himself without much care to look around him. He liked the coolness of the tree and bush-enclosed area. The greenery. He had been here so many times he knew each detail by its step. Often he would close his eyes as if he were blind and find his way around. He loved that game but had no one to play with. He would giggle to himself at the thought, he still acted like a child. He whistled a bit, smiling to himself. Ghost stories... they didn't scare him he wanted to meet one. His childhood... ah... he didn't have much of one, which kept him in this silly state of mind. Maybe with a touch of insanity.

When the voice was heard his fur prickled in... excitement? He looked up, "I see you little white one," he purred, though he wasn't sure the other was a small one at all. Even if it was a ghost, oh how Murkywater would love that. He smiled as he waited for the other to come down from the tree.

Spiritbunny
| He/she/they | RC Warrior | Moons: 22 | No purrks |

Spiritbunny watched curiously as they studied the odd feline that was settled just beneath them on the ground. If they were expecting him to come down then they were sorely mistaken, for Spritbunny just settled and got comfy on her branch and there was no strong enough reason to get down from the branch. Instead the warrior flicked their slender tail where it dangled from the branch.
"I have no interest in coming down,
I hope that doesn't bring along a frown.
"

Normally, Spiritbunny couldn't care in the slightest what his words did to others besides dragging the reaction he wants for their stories. They felt no sorry for not doing what this strange feline seems to expect her to do. Or maybe they would if they prove themselves to be worthy of becoming Spiritbunny's muse for a time. Most don't, Riverclan as a clan has been enough of a mess that she has not been lacking in material. They watched the cat so far below for their next act, eagerly watching as their audience.

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is semi-open to all RPs, just ask! ]