Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan

Notice
Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
10k kk AND OC ^^
Last post by hermeswind
Today 08:15 AM
Paws in love finder
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 08:10 AM
Learning from the Best [...
Last post by chickadee
Today 08:10 AM
ShadowClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by Zei
Today 08:03 AM
The Shadowledge
by BEAR.
Last post by chickadee
Today 07:56 AM

Old August 28th, 2023, 09:13 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
Purrks: Herbal Knowledge - Tier 1 | The Collector [active] | Mind Reader [active]

A cold sense of dread swept through Springpaw’s system much faster than how her small paws carried her back to camp. She could easily feel the hot, pulsing sensation that came off from around the edges of Yarrowcrest’s wound. Was it already infected and swollen? But she had only just placed marigold onto the wound not so long ago! Stars, she needed to act quickly if Yarrowcrest was going to make it. Glancing rapidly around the den with her eyes, she angled her head to place the sodden moss-ball atop of the area where the wound felt the most hot. It was almost enough to make the young calico suppress a shiver throughout her body, but she dreadfully tried to ignore it. She had to focus on this task at paw and swear to all of the stars above that Yarrowcrest was going to make it. Thoughts began to rummage quickly through her head as she worked restlessly to try to clean out more of the bloodied mess along the patched wound; the torn flesh, and tissue slowly turning back into an irritated pink-red color as she wiped away the crimson. Alongside with bits of his fur turning into a rather dull brownish-red color, the liquid seeping itself brown onto the ground below as it dripped from the sides of Yarrowcrest leg. Just as the young calico thought that the outer area was alright enough, she stifled a hard, shaky sigh before reaching a forepaw over and carefully began to unbandage the area. Her stomach began to whirl sickeningly against the horrific sight of both poultice and blood smeared onto the cobweb bandages that she had tightly compressed into Yarrowcrest’s leg. Now, she just needed to try to clean off the leg and apply some burnet onto the wound to hopefully decrease the immense amount of inflammation that was in the wound.

“Sparrowfur, I need you to go over towards the medicine storage and try to look for a herb that looks like a basal leaf; it’s going to be called burnet, alright? It’s green and medium shaped. There should be one in the storage. Go get it real quick and bring it straight back. I need it to lower the heavy inflammation on Yarrowcrest’s wounded leg,” Springpaw explained, carefully rubbing the dark, crimson-colored moss-ball along the wound to try to clean it up as best as possible before she laid any more poultice atop of it. Not only that, but she was going to need to redress it so she carefully used her bushy tail to drag her small leaf-like towards herself in preparation to get the rest of the supplies needed. “Stay with us, Yarrowcrest. You can sleep after I put this stuff onto your leg and give you some poppy seeds, alright? You are going to be alright.” Springpaw assured, her voice a mere coo as she gently used a paw to try to keep the tom-cat awake by rubbing it along his head. Hopefully it was bound to do the trick, she needed that herb fast before she could do anything else.

@silverwynds @Roo_!

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old August 28th, 2023, 09:35 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares View Post
• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
Purrks: Herbal Knowledge - Tier 1 | The Collector [active] | Mind Reader [active]

A cold sense of dread swept through Springpaw’s system much faster than how her small paws carried her back to camp. She could easily feel the hot, pulsing sensation that came off from around the edges of Yarrowcrest’s wound. Was it already infected and swollen? But she had only just placed marigold onto the wound not so long ago! Stars, she needed to act quickly if Yarrowcrest was going to make it. Glancing rapidly around the den with her eyes, she angled her head to place the sodden moss-ball atop of the area where the wound felt the most hot. It was almost enough to make the young calico suppress a shiver throughout her body, but she dreadfully tried to ignore it. She had to focus on this task at paw and swear to all of the stars above that Yarrowcrest was going to make it. Thoughts began to rummage quickly through her head as she worked restlessly to try to clean out more of the bloodied mess along the patched wound; the torn flesh, and tissue slowly turning back into an irritated pink-red color as she wiped away the crimson. Alongside with bits of his fur turning into a rather dull brownish-red color, the liquid seeping itself brown onto the ground below as it dripped from the sides of Yarrowcrest leg. Just as the young calico thought that the outer area was alright enough, she stifled a hard, shaky sigh before reaching a forepaw over and carefully began to unbandage the area. Her stomach began to whirl sickeningly against the horrific sight of both poultice and blood smeared onto the cobweb bandages that she had tightly compressed into Yarrowcrest’s leg. Now, she just needed to try to clean off the leg and apply some burnet onto the wound to hopefully decrease the immense amount of inflammation that was in the wound.

“Sparrowfur, I need you to go over towards the medicine storage and try to look for a herb that looks like a basal leaf; it’s going to be called burnet, alright? It’s green and medium shaped. There should be one in the storage. Go get it real quick and bring it straight back. I need it to lower the heavy inflammation on Yarrowcrest’s wounded leg,” Springpaw explained, carefully rubbing the dark, crimson-colored moss-ball along the wound to try to clean it up as best as possible before she laid any more poultice atop of it. Not only that, but she was going to need to redress it so she carefully used her bushy tail to drag her small leaf-like towards herself in preparation to get the rest of the supplies needed. “Stay with us, Yarrowcrest. You can sleep after I put this stuff onto your leg and give you some poppy seeds, alright? You are going to be alright.” Springpaw assured, her voice a mere coo as she gently used a paw to try to keep the tom-cat awake by rubbing it along his head. Hopefully it was bound to do the trick, she needed that herb fast before she could do anything else.

@silverwynds @Roo_!

Sparrowfur - she/her - 17 moons
Beefed Up I - ACTIVE

---

Sparrowfur almost hesitated. The last thing she wanted to do was leave his side. Luckily there wasn't much time to think. She looked up at Springpaw with dewy eyes and nodded sharply before leaping over to the medicine storage. Everything felt rushed and high tense. She could hardly breathe. Green and medium? They all looked green and medium! She panicked. Too many thoughts rushing. Too many things could go wrong if she messed this up.

Calm down. Breathe. she kept reminding herself You're no use to anycat when you're panicking.

She skewed her eyes shut for a long breath. Then looked at the storage with a new perspective. Green. Medium sized. She roughly knew what a basal leaf looked like. She grabbed her top three. Hoping she got lucky. Grabbing mouthfuls of each wasn't her brightest idea. None of them tasted pleasant.

"I couldn't tell which was which." she told the apprentice "So I just grabbed my best guesses. Are any of these right?" she looked at Springpaw worriedly

@ares // springpaw // @silverwynds // yarrowcrest

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!
Old August 29th, 2023, 08:41 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

yarrowcrest // he/him // 17 moons

---

The paw that pushes at his face manages to wrestle him back from the throes of looming sleep. A noise of irritation at once again being forced awake is all he manages as his eyes open into a narrowed, blank stare. Whichever voice was speaking above him right now falls on dazed ears once again, no reaction whatsoever resulting from the kind, supportive coos of the medicine cat apprentice working desperately to fix him.

springpaw | @ares // sparrowfur @Roo_!
( sorry for the shorter post!! do what you need springy <3 )

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old August 29th, 2023, 04:45 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud noticed that the tom was a bit stiff, but she decided not to comment on it. If he wasn’t completely comfortable, that was okay. She wasn’t going to poke and prod at him to find out why, after all. A chuckle escaped her lips at his response, funny, she thought to herself.

“The blood is supposed to be on the inside but I’m not sure what good it’ll do for you if it’s being ingested.” She pointed out, playful yet gentle. The blue-grey molly offered the young warrior a smile, hoping to reassure him, even if he wasn’t outwardly freaking out or anything. She could tell just by looking at him that his body wasn’t feeling as good as he verbally told her it was. “I’ve got you, don’t worry. I’ll get you all cleaned up, make sure that the bleeding stops, and I’ll give you something to help with the pain.”

She then turned around to fetch the moss that she mentioned before, along with a pair of poppy seeds. She’d give him one for now, and if he felt that he needed another, she’d give him the other one as well. Once the moss had been completely soaked with water, she returned to her huffy and puffy patient.

“Here, a poppy seed for the pain. I brought you two,” Drizzlecloud explained as she pushed the two small seeds towards him with one of her paws. “So, feel free to take the second one if the pain is still bothering you. I’m going to clean you up now, okay? Try to sit still for me.” Usually she would offer him an affectionate little brush with her tail, but she wasn’t sure if he’d appreciate that as much as others would. So, instead, she got to work, carefully dabbing the soaked piece of moss against his open wounds to get them cleaned of any debris.

[ @Woodlow ]

Luckily for Alderstep and his empty little head of his, Drizzlecloud hadn’t heard him bonk his head on the way in. Alderstep could thank Drizzlecloud’s near complete deafness for that!

…She could’ve sworn that she felt the vibrations from something though. She just wasn’t sure what.

Drizzlecloud swiveled around to peer at the deputy as he appeared, blinking owlishly at him as she watched him nearly black out on the floor. “Goodness!” She blurted out in surprise, standing up to rush on over. She circled him for a moment, scanning his pelt for any additional injuries in addition to his chest and muzzle, noting the bite on his neck as she made her way around him. “What happened to you?”

Drizzlecloud pressed herself up against his side, offering him something to lean on so that she could help him further into the den–to a comfier moss bed, just in case he blacked out again. Passing out on a bed of moss would be much comfier than doing so on the ground, after all.

[ @navarra @ares if you wanna participate here c: ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old August 29th, 2023, 10:52 PM
Dead But Not Buried

Status: Gimme black coffee in the vms (please I need it to stay alive)
Bump Policy: whenever you feel appropriate
My Mood: Kingly

Cloudykit | Male | Smart ‘lil dude | Status: mildly happy

He flinched as Springpaw treated him, although is did make his head feel better than it had. He didn’t turn to her, but he shifted his gaze to her, a glint of understanding and gratitude in his amber eyes. He lifted his head from underneath his paws and rested it onto his paws. “Thank you, that helps a lot. With my mother and stuff.” he mewed softly, quickly adding it was about his deceased mother. He smiled at her. “My head feels better now, thank you, Springpaw.” he said his gaze flicking back to Pikekit, clouding with worry. Was he going to be okay? He knew that Drizzlecloud was taking care of him but maybe Cloudykit should push off Springpaw and tell her that Pikekit needed her more than him? He was jolted back to reality when Springpaw asked if he remembered anything. He squinted, a visual illustration that he was trying. Suddenly, he opened his jaws to say something. “I-I remember trying to climb a tree, and I succeeded, but I almost fell a lot. I tried to jump onto the bird and get it off of Pikekit—“ he paused, choked with sadness and defeat. His eyes were glassy and he took a minute to continue. “I didn’t get him. I fell. But I caught myself on a branch with a paw. But then I fell to the ground and the rest is a blur.” he said

@ares
@Ymir
@Omari
(SOOO sorry for this late response!)
Old August 30th, 2023, 08:57 AM
on hiatus

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Fine

Sharpclaw - The Grump
ThunderClan | Warrior | He/Him | 13 moons
Drizzlecloud chuckled, and he flicked his ear, slightly embarrassed but unwilling to show it. Sharpclaw kept quiet as she spoke in that warm, gentle tone again. He would never admit this aloud, even to himself, but he liked her tone of voice. It sounded tender, motherly almost, the same tone a queen might use to soothe a frightened kit...

The same voice from before was back. It spoke in the same harsh and candid tone of Hailstorm, hushed as if she were actually here with them in the den.

'For StarClan's sake! You are a full grown warrior,' she'd hiss, 'Don't let her coddle you like this. You should be offended!' Harsh as always, but true, at least to him. He wasn't some frightened kit in need of gentle reassurance. He was a star-damned warrior and a proud one at that!

"'m not worried," he scoffed, glaring pointedly at nowhere in particular. He noticed the poppy seeds by his paws and took the chance to lie down, slumping to the floor and lapping one up to crunch and munch. It didn't take long for the little seed to work its magic. A low rumble resembling a purr resonated from Sharpclaw, the striped tom only now realizing how much the pain had really bothered him before. He didn't flinch this time as Drizzcloud leaned closer to clean his wounds. The damp moss stung but not as much as it would have without the poppy seed.

When she'd finished he expected this was his time to leave, but he didn't make an effort to stand just yet. He drew his gaze to one of the nests in the den, wondering if it'd be too much trouble for him to sleep in one. Just for the night, of course, but like clockwork the voice was back.

"Get up you weakling. You've only got a scratch! These beds are meant for real patients, not you. Get up and sleep in your own nest," the voice hissed again.

As always, he begrudgingly listened, slowly getting up and turning away from the medicine cat. He set his injured leg on the ground, testing to see if the poppy seed would allow him to walk normally. The pain had dulled significantly, but his shoulder still complained at the forced pressure. Looked like he'd have to deal with limping after all.

"Thanks, I guess." he gruffed, ear flicking again as he limped away and headed straight for the warriors' den.

(Drizzlecloud mother figure perhaps? ) @Omari

Image of my oc was created using Clangen Cat Maker

"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post~"

Last edited by Tecumori; August 30th, 2023 at 08:58 AM.
Old August 30th, 2023, 03:33 PM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

| Larchflame |
( @Omari @ares )

She'd only just gotten back from her patrol with Alderstep, placing her catch on the freshkill pile on her way past. This paw was killing her more than she thought it would. Sure, it was fine when she was testing it back at Haggard Ruins, but as it turns out the more you walk on something that is sore, the more sore it gets, funny how that works.

Larchflame took a step in the heavily fragrant and dim medicine cat den, letting her eyes adjust for a moment before looking to see if either of the medicine cats were in or if they were out training or something. She'd be fine to wait if neither were here or if they were busy, it wasn't all that serious, as long as they ended up taking a look at it before sundown so she could go on a walk out by the windclan border before spending time with her brother.

Character Bio's | Tracker/Finder
sootkit: worldweaver 1, herbal knowledge 1 - silverkit: go with the flow, beefed up 1
Old August 31st, 2023, 06:57 AM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omari View Post
Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud was quick to return with two sprigs of lavender, and along with that, she brought a head of marigold and some cobwebs for his paw. She had noticed how he had been holding it to his chest the entire trip back, so she had to take a look at it, too.

When she returned, she noted just how wet his bed of moss already was. She’d get him to a different, more dry one once his fur began to dry off a bit more. There was no use in soaking up every single moss bed in the den, after all. “Dreampaw, try to stay awake for me, okay? I know you’re cold and in pain–but I’ve got you. I want you to lay your head down, and keep your nose close to this lavender, okay? If you keep inhaling it, it should help you with the chills.” Drizzlecloud instructed gently, placing one of the sprigs of lavender onto his front right paw, which seemed to be in much better condition than his left. She nosed at his neck gently, urging him to shift a little bit so that his nose would be pressed to the strongly scented purple flower–at least it smelled very nice, though!

She sat up, huddling closer to the apprentice so that she could carefully drape her tail over his body. They were both soaked, but Drizzlecloud had maintained more body-heat than he had since she was in the water for a shorter amount of time. As she dipped her head to inspect his left paw, she brushed her tail back and forth over the apprentice’s body in an attempt to produce some warmth for him.

“I’m gonna apply some marigold to your paw so that nothing gets infected, okay? I just want to let you know that it’s going to sting a little.” Drizzlecloud pointed out softly, lifting her head to nudge gently at the tom’s neck. For a few moments while she waited for his response, she lapped at his soaked fur, paying extra attention to the spot between his ears–it was both to help him warm up and to comfort the poor thing.

[ @RedLeif ]
Dreampaw was drawn back from his spiraling and back into his body and his pain as Drizzlecloud's voice returned. She rested something on his right paw, the one that wasn't hurt and told him to smell it. It was a purple flower that was pleasant, but seemed to have the opposite effect of the wild garlic that he often rubbed into is pelt to keep his focus. Of course, the strong smell he had remembered to put on had been washed out after he fell in the pond, and there was nothing here to keep him... here. And no reason to either, other than the Medicine Cat asking him to stay awake. Dreampaw continued drawing deep breaths from the lavender. He heard her speak again, and had to pull himself back from the depths he was sinking in that were so much like the pond and the black hole. He nodded his consent because she seemed to be waiting for it. Already, he was feeling warmer, and he felt safe under Drizzleclouds protection. Drowsy... The scent of lavender fulling his throat... He could just drift to sleep and wake up in his world and see the Cat and play in the leaves... No, Drizzlecloud had asked him to stay awake, and he didn't want to disappoint her because she was nice to him. He opened his green-blue eyes again and tried to focus on something while at the same time not feel his paw.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old August 31st, 2023, 12:50 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

• Springpaw •

Springpaw’s breath was almost quick to catch in her throat when she caught a slight glimmer of hesitance in Sparrowfur’s dewy mismatched eyes, her muscles almost quick to tense as she trailed a paw among Yarrowcrest’s head to keep him conscious enough to stay afloat. A small part in Springpaw’s mind panicked for what choice that the brown-furred molly was going to make. Was she going to disagree? Was she going to try to argue? Was she going to start crying? All of the three burdening questions roared and rushed through her mind, Springpaw’s body already itching to try to get a piece of marigold out from her leafy pouch and be quick to start working on chewing it up into a poultice so that she could plaster it onto the wound to try to keep it from becoming more infected than how it already was. But she kept her posture as straightened as she could, lips pursed into a firm line and tail whisking as she silently swallowed down the words that were climbing up her throat for the molly to quickly get the bundle of burnet and bring it back to her as soon as she could. Luckily, for both of the terrified mollies' sakes, Sparrowfur didn’t stay in one spot for too long as she was quick to begin darting towards the herb storage, already starting to rummage through the usually-organized bundles of plants along the narrowed pit-like holes where each herb was organized into. Springpaw allowed the tight breath of air that she felt like were only intoxicating in her lungs to finally exhale, briefly letting go of the tightened enclosement that it held around her lungs. Stiffly, she focused back towards the weakening, struggling body of Yarrowcrest, and only felt her tired muscles tense once more.

Stars, he was looking worse and worse by each passing minute, Springpaw’s lapis blue hues trailed worriedly over his bi-colored pelt for a few second before placing down the crimson-stained moss-ball alongside herself, glancing back down towards the temporarily-clean area. Stars, it looked absolutely horrible to all hell. The tattered, peeled, torn skin among the bite wounds looked a deep, dark crimson red; the deep, inflamed gashes of feline-like bite marks a deeper velvet red than the torn skin that surrounded the bite-marks. Lighter, pale stains of blood tainted the purely snow-white fur that had originally been coated with the essence of blood itself before being washed off by a cool bundle of a sodden moss-ball, most of the fur among the leg still drying against the water that had been used to cleanse the bacteria and blood that stained the area once before. Springpaw’s throat clenched as she felt her stomach whirl sickeningly furthermore that she stared down at the engraved wound, her mind merely pondering the question of how a cat could even hold the capability to cause such mass damage like this to an innocent tom-cat. Springpaw almost mentally cringed towards the word, her white-tipped tail twitching nervously against the thought that purged her mind like the bitter outburst of a plague. ThunderClan… wasn’t quick to be claimed innocent by default. Yarrowcrest only received the injury that he gained from RiverClan’s sudden involvement with her clan trying to claim a part of their territory, thus leading to ThunderClan succeeding in doing so and leading to the purely intentional murder of Beanstar. Springpaw could easily feel her lips briefly pursing uncomfortably against the sudden thought that succumbed through her mind, her tri-colored ears instinctively pressing against her head.

What has ThunderClan become in a matter of late? Why was her clan turning into a group of cats that did nothing but cause treachery and problems to the other clans and destroy the peace that had once been held upon all four clans? It was confusing. Downright confusing. It was almost like ThunderClan was slowly becoming ShadowClan 2.0, and that was nothing but traumatizing for Springpaw herself to even bear with the current matters that were at stake. Her fogged mind purged and purged; her body feeling like it was dividing itself into both a hotness and a coldness, a softness and a hardness, a trembling and not trembling, the two halves feeling like they were grinding upon the other. She wasn’t sure how to fully comprehend the rather mixed feeling, but it was confusing. Puzzling. Her mind felt like it was merely buzzing and humming with throughs that buzzed just as aggressively as a worker bee’s wings. The dim light of the moonlight gently illuminated along the outer crevices of the medicine den, Springpaw’s eyes briefly glancing in the direction of pale moonlight that framed along the naturally dimmed opening. It would be considered a pretty sight if Springpaw felt like she was in a calm, content, and relaxed state. No, it was almost like a great bee coming home to its hive from some field where the honey is full of poisonous wilderness, of insanity and nightmare, its tiny body crammed with that over-rich nectar and now its sleeping the evil out of itself. Springpaw’s mouth felt undeniably dry, her body absolutely heaving with exhaustion as her confused, tired brain screamed at her to simply shut her eyes and lay in the comforting depths of her moss-bed.

She couldn’t do that just yet. Not now. There were things needed to be done and Yarrowcrest needed to be attended to. Her own needs could be looked at later. Oriental-shaped ears swerved towards the sound of someone frantically stumbling towards the current duo of feline’s and Springpaw instinctively turned her head, bitterly fighting away against the burning desire to sleep as she instinctively blinked away the haziness that mellowed over her eyes. The dark-furred form of Sparrowfur was quick to confirm the feline that had been towering over in her direction as she tried to comprehend sudden scrambling of frantic words that escaped the molly’s mouth. Incessantly blinking, the calico focused herself directly on the three bundles of herbs that Sparrowfur picked out from the herb storage, her pupils narrowing themselves down to narrow slits to focus her peripheral vision more clearly to locate down the rather similarly green herbs that Sparrowfur picked out. The worried tone that etched off from the molly’s was already more than enough to indicate the fact that the young warrior was concerned for if she hadn’t picked out the right herb or not. Well, that was rather worrisome. If Sparrowfur didn’t pick out the right herb from the three herbs that she snatched from the herb storage, the Yellowcrest’s life could be in grave danger as the given second. All Springpaw could do right now was sincerely hope and pray to StarClan that Sparrowfur managed to swipe the right herb out of the storage so that there won’t be any potential casualties frowning upon the trio of worried felines.

Stifling an exhausted mumble, the calico knelt herself down to peer in closer inspection at the green-colored herbs, swiftly inspecting one of each to get a clear view of what each herb exactly looked and smelt like. Two of them looked like they were exactly one of the same herbs, while one of them stood out in clear view like a lost puppy in a huge city. Humming thoughtfully, the tri-colored feline extended a forepaw and rubbed it along the surface of two identical plants to get a more clear view of what the herb exactly was. A silent sigh escaped her lips as she quickened her motions, her brows furrowed as she mumbled out a response to Sparrowfur. “Stinging nettle,” She spoke, her voice quiet and low as she gently brushed both of the plants to the side, completely ignorant to the sharp, sting-like barbs that poked and prodded at the soft skin of her paw-pads. She used the same paw to draw the final herb closer towards herself, squinting to look at it more clearly to get a more clear image of what the herb looked like. The tangy smell that was eliminated from the herb was more than enough to ease the suppressing nerves that were contradicting throughout the calico’s body. The pale, crystal clear moonlight helped put the herb into a more prominent view, making the calico expel the tight breath of air that was stuck in her lungs. “Thank the stars, its burnet,” she breathed, carefully picking up the herb with her jaws and feeling her tongue abruptly pull back against the bitter taste. Burnet was rarely a herb that was ever used in the den, so she felt both thankful and relieved for the fact that it was able to be used today.

Focusing her attention back towards Yarrowcrest, the calico’s eyes fueled with determination as she placed the herb right alongside herself, placing a paw atop of it to use a claw to strip it carefully into two even pieces: one of which being used to be digested for Yarrowcrest to be given strength, and the other piece to be chewed to a poultice to smear onto the bite wound in order to ease the inflammation. Pushing one of the halves over to Sparrowfur, the calico briefly glanced up in her direction as she prepared herself to give the molly yet another order. “Please try to coax Yarrowcrest into eating this piece of burnet. It’s going to taste bitter and most likely like bile, but it’ll help him keep his strength up and keep him from falling asleep. If you have to, get a clean moss-ball and soak it in water to help him digest the herb completely. Put your paw on the bottom of his jaw like this—” she lifted a white forepaw and placed it beneath her bottom jaw, being careful not to put too much pressure against the singular area, “—and begin rubbing it in a circular motion. It’ll help him swallow down the herb and keep him from spitting any of it out.” Springpaw explained, silently hoping that her wording wasn’t too complex for the young warrior to understand. Focusing back towards Yarrowcrest, the eleven moon old calico began to chew up the burnet, carefully chewing it up into a soft, mushy poultice so that she could smear it onto the wound to keep it from preventing any further infection.

Thus, after a few, silent, tense minutes of chewing, she lifted up a forepaw and used her tongue to slather the poultice onto the bottom of her paw pad, carefully moving it into the area to begin rubbing the poultice into the spot. A silent crippling of regret attacked at the molly’s immune system as she silently realized that she gave absolutely no warning whatsoever about the potential sting that might come from the poultice being smeared, but hopefully Yarrowcrest will pull through. It shouldn’t last too long and quickly numb the area so that he didn’t have to feel the stinging pain of the wound for a good while.

@Roo_! @silverwynds [apologies for the lack of responses! been super busy and sick!]

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; August 31st, 2023 at 12:50 PM.
Old August 31st, 2023, 02:24 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Sooooooo this was probably not a nice thing to return from the gathering to, but in all fairness nothing about this night had been nice.

A very worried looking warrior sitting in the empty medicine cats den staring down at a semi conscious apprentice was just the cherry on this mess of a cake.
Having left early with two scared apprenticed in tow Mudhound had been here for a bit, having dismissed Sprucepaw to settling into the warriors nest and grab anything he needed before the tripod would join him later. ....A while later actually, the maine coon mix needed to retrieve Lotuspaw from the apprentices den to shuffle her to more safe nests where she wasnt sharing a home with a monster- Ok calm down. That was off track. The to do list was get Ghostpaw checked out, fetch Lotuspaw, explain the situation, and settle the apprentices down in the tripods nest in the warriors den were they wouldnt have to sleep scared of their own denmates. So yeah, Ghostpaw was top of the list.

Mudhound had been taking decent care of her before Drizzlecloud arrived, they'd checked the limb apprentice seemingly every few seconds and made her comfortable in one of the nests in the den. Stars, they'd even collected some soaked moss for her to drink once she was more awake! Beyond that though..... all that was to be done was to wait for the actual healer.

So the near relieved crying at the sight of Drizzlecloud padding in was totally justified. The warrior was borderline whimpering as they spoke "Oh thank starclan. Drizzlecloud Ghostpaw here fainted at the gathering! I dont know what went wrong and I hope it wasnt something health wise that caused it but she hasnt like fully woke since then? Like kinda wake but not fully type thing I dont know the name. If it helps she fainted after seeing Cracklepaw's...... Yaknow. That horrible thing." Suppose everyone knew about that by now and Mudhounds folded ears flattened thinking on it more. They almost forgot they had another task on their list, figure out how to fix this, how to fix Cracklepaw because that wasnt ok.

"Is she ok? Is this like a fear faint thing? Id understand that theres a couple of apprentices that I think are afraid to sleep in the apprentices den with him after that...." Sure the warrior would take them in but it was a bandaid, patching but not addressing the actual wound.

@Omari @Starfinder