Last post by glitch
Today 06:07 PM

Old March 9th, 2024, 07:52 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Redhawk - ThunderClan Hornet

Territory tour time. Best to start with the general territory so that Elkpaw knew most of it before settling on specific landmarks. Redhawk already knew he was excited, that much was clear from his energy, and it made the hornet grin. "Here it is - all of t-this belongs to ThunderClan. Over t-time, you'll come to know this forest like t-the back of your paw." Slowing her pace down so that Elk could get a few good sniffs in, Red took the time to scout for any predators or situations nearby. With the coast clear, her yellow-green eyes returned to the tom as they glittered with excitement at his first time out.

"Most of our territory is thick t-trees like this," she pointed out with a tail gesture to one of the larger trees nearby. "The closer you get to the different borders you'll see it change. The t-trees grow further apart near WindClan's moors; the soil gets marshier as you near RiverClan; and near SSS-ShadowClan, you'll start sss-seeing some p-pine trees - they're like t-these but skinnier and with very thin pointy leaves."

[ @dino. ]

Last edited by taillow; March 9th, 2024 at 07:52 PM.
Old March 9th, 2024, 08:22 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tally View Post

Territory tour time. Best to start with the general territory so that Elkpaw knew most of it before settling on specific landmarks. Redhawk already knew he was excited, that much was clear from his energy, and it made the hornet grin. "Here it is - all of t-this belongs to ThunderClan. Over t-time, you'll come to know this forest like t-the back of your paw." Slowing her pace down so that Elk could get a few good sniffs in, Red took the time to scout for any predators or situations nearby. With the coast clear, her yellow-green eyes returned to the tom as they glittered with excitement at his first time out.

"Most of our territory is thick t-trees like this," she pointed out with a tail gesture to one of the larger trees nearby. "The closer you get to the different borders you'll see it change. The t-trees grow further apart near WindClan's moors; the soil gets marshier as you near RiverClan; and near SSS-ShadowClan, you'll start sss-seeing some p-pine trees - they're like t-these but skinnier and with very thin pointy leaves."

[ @dino. ]
If Elkpaw were a rocket launcher and not a cat, he would be five miles up in the sky right now. He was wiggling back and forth as he bounced after Redhawk, staring up at the trees and the bushes and the leaves and THAT rock and THAT stick and THIS flower and-

Just as he was about to chomp down on a dead-looking, frosted over plant, Redhawk started talking, and Elkpaw snapped his jaws shut and pranced back over. "I'm going to climb EVERY tree!" he announced loudly.
Old March 9th, 2024, 08:50 PM
as long as i breathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
If Elkpaw were a rocket launcher and not a cat, he would be five miles up in the sky right now. He was wiggling back and forth as he bounced after Redhawk, staring up at the trees and the bushes and the leaves and THAT rock and THAT stick and THIS flower and-

Just as he was about to chomp down on a dead-looking, frosted over plant, Redhawk started talking, and Elkpaw snapped his jaws shut and pranced back over. "I'm going to climb EVERY tree!" he announced loudly.

At his declaration of climbing every tree, Redhawk couldn't help but chuckle. "T-That is one of the Clan's specialties - I actually got my warrior name because I leapt out of a t-tree during my assessment to catch a hawk." It had been a total surprise to her, having figured her name would be simple like Redfur or Redtail. She liked -hawk quite a lot though.

With Elkpaw still being on the younger side, Red was cautious about letting him do any intensive training. "How about once we're done with the t-territory, I show you the basics on h-how to climb?" Red tossed him a soft smile as she started walking again. Maybe that would entice him enough to hold off on trying to climb willy nilly for now. "From here we can head to Firefly Cove-" not close though, she mentally noted, incase there were any RiverClanners around "- or start further away and see Willow's Rise?"

Last edited by taillow; March 9th, 2024 at 08:50 PM.
Old March 9th, 2024, 09:25 PM
roar

Quote:

At his declaration of climbing every tree, Redhawk couldn't help but chuckle. "T-That is one of the Clan's specialties - I actually got my warrior name because I leapt out of a t-tree during my assessment to catch a hawk." It had been a total surprise to her, having figured her name would be simple like Redfur or Redtail. She liked -hawk quite a lot though.

With Elkpaw still being on the younger side, Red was cautious about letting him do any intensive training. "How about once we're done with the t-territory, I show you the basics on h-how to climb?" Red tossed him a soft smile as she started walking again. Maybe that would entice him enough to hold off on trying to climb willy nilly for now. "From here we can head to Firefly Cove-" not close though, she mentally noted, incase there were any RiverClanners around "- or start further away and see Willow's Rise?"
Elkpaw's eyes went wide. "You caught a HAWK?" Weren't those really big and mean? He tipped his head up as if searching one himself. If he caught one now, would everybody praise him and would he be made a warrior immediately? "That's SO COOL." A snake was nowhere near as cool as a hawk.

Maybe she could read his mind or something, because he was already eyeing the nearest oak when she mentioned showing him properly after they were done. He bounced along beside her. "Sure! And I want to go see the Cove, it sounds neat!"
Old March 10th, 2024, 03:28 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days

"That's not too bad." Hopping branch to branch on the same tree felt like a breeze in comparison to jumping from another tree. Wolfpaw followed Redhawk's example in crossing from one branch to another, waiting for it to dip before he jumped.

This time he overcorrected a little, and nearly bopped his nose against the trunk. He jolted back abruptly, almost losing his balance but recovered as his claws sank into the bark. Still, it wasn't too bad and he'd rather smack a trunk than fall.

She crossed to another tree, and this time when Wolfpaw made the leap he found he landed on a better spot on the branch. Not too close, not too far. His claws still stayed out, the unease a product of the last two attempts being slightly awry - but he was a little more comfortable overall. And from there, per her instructions he started to make his way downward branch by branch. A hop here, a hop there, and then he was about Redhawk level. He was a bit out of breath, but his eyes gleamed eagerly. The trees were far more fun than they looked! "Once.. I'm a bit more used to this," so probably not today, but in the future. "I wanna try that ambush thing, if we can.. take enemies by surprise, we'll be better off in the long-run." Less injuries and death on their end. They'd have the advantage.

Wolfpaw took a second to regain his breath, awaiting Redhawk's descent to the ground.

[ @tally ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old March 10th, 2024, 10:40 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly

《 Copperpaw 》
19/100

they/them / thunderclan apprentice / ambitious

Copperpaw traveled out of camp again, this time they were accompanied by Sunleap. They glanced at the warrior sideways, did he know about the punishment? Even if Sunleap knew, they hoped that he wouldn't taunt them or ask them about it. They just wanted to get the punishment over with.

They focused on the task at hand and spotted some brambles and vines to patch any holes left open. They opened their maw to ask for help carrying all of these things but hesitated. "Would I be punished more for asking? This was my punishment after all." they wondered. "Nevermind." they meowed. They could handle this by themselves. After all, that is what a warrior would do.

They grabbed the items gently in their maw as to be careful not to poke themselves with the thorns. They returned to camp with the brambles and vines and laid them by the medicine den. Copperpaw kept an eye out for Fallingpaw, seeing if they were doing their punishment yet. The poor apprentice got the worst of Bumblestar's anger. They turned on their heels back into the forest to fetch some fresh clean moss.

Copperpaw made sure to dry it properly. "We wouldn't want the elders complaining about wet bedding." they thought. They brought the moss to the elder's den entrance and sighed. They only just begun and they were already tired. "Remind me never to tick off Bumblestar." they meowed, their tone a bit joking.

( @Katiethewolfchild ; Sunleap )

Next: Elder's Den

Last edited by nyx; March 11th, 2024 at 08:44 PM.
Old March 10th, 2024, 03:14 PM
roar

Once they were out of earshot of the camp, Bumblestar released Stormysong, letting her drop harshly to the ground, and stepped over her. Anger was carved into every line on her face as she flexed her claws.

"Explain to me, now, why you think it's appropriate to lay your paws on those kits," she seethed, "before I make sure you never do so again."

[ @Demoness ]
Old March 11th, 2024, 04:59 PM
as long as i breathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Elkpaw's eyes went wide. "You caught a HAWK?" Weren't those really big and mean? He tipped his head up as if searching one himself. If he caught one now, would everybody praise him and would he be made a warrior immediately? "That's SO COOL." A snake was nowhere near as cool as a hawk.

Maybe she could read his mind or something, because he was already eyeing the nearest oak when she mentioned showing him properly after they were done. He bounced along beside her. "Sure! And I want to go see the Cove, it sounds neat!"

The cove it was then. "Come on, t-then," Redhawk purred as she nodded towards the direction of the landmark, paws moving towards it. She kept her gait slow incase there was anything in particular that Elkpaw wanted to check out while on their way to the meadow. "I did catch a hawk," she mrrped with a flick of her tail. "Once you know how to climb t-trees, we can start working on learning how t-to hunt from them."

Moving towards a trunk that was fallen across their path, Red crouched down first before leaping upwards. It was easy enough for a warrior to leap up to - but a smaller apprentice would likely need to climb up some of the way. "Try to jump up here - you won't m-make it all the way, so t-try to latch your claws as deep into the dark as you c-can."
Old March 13th, 2024, 09:59 AM
roar

Quote:

The cove it was then. "Come on, t-then," Redhawk purred as she nodded towards the direction of the landmark, paws moving towards it. She kept her gait slow incase there was anything in particular that Elkpaw wanted to check out while on their way to the meadow. "I did catch a hawk," she mrrped with a flick of her tail. "Once you know how to climb t-trees, we can start working on learning how t-to hunt from them."

Moving towards a trunk that was fallen across their path, Red crouched down first before leaping upwards. It was easy enough for a warrior to leap up to - but a smaller apprentice would likely need to climb up some of the way. "Try to jump up here - you won't m-make it all the way, so t-try to latch your claws as deep into the dark as you c-can."

Elkpaw used that slow pace to his advantage, sticking his nose in everything along the way, and ending up with a pelt laden with snowflakes and dead brush in no time flat. Most of what she said honestly went right over his head until he looked up to watch her clear an old tree in a single hop.

He bounded away from the bush he'd been sniffing at (and debating nibbling on) to lean up against the log on his forepaws. He flexed his claws and did his best to sink them into the bark, tongue poking out in concentration, and managed to scrabble his way up next to her with a shower of dead tree falling to the ground behind him. Once steady, he bounced once in place and beamed up at her. "I did it!"
Old March 13th, 2024, 07:23 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

With concerned eyes Poppypaw looked up at the bigcat, eyeing them curiously as they spoke to her. She tilted her head, but before she knew, the little apprentice was giggling about – stumbling sideways – when the warrior suddenly tickled her side! Her worries gone and round eyes squinted in amusement, still giggling, Poppypaw leaned forth to try and-
“Omnomnom!”
Against the warrior’s leg in turn, giggling all along the way until she let herself fall back onto the ground with a happy grin.

Bigcat had already begun talking in the meantime, but it was alright, she hadn’t missed much (only what they told Daylightpaw, though Poppypaw waved them goodbye should they have headed off). Now, Poppypaw didn’t know what a stalk was – no one had ever shown her – but she was interested in this smartness and secrets! Leaning forth on her front paws, she eagerly listened to Mudhound.

Don’t eat the berries… That’s what Bigcat said, and at that, Poppypaw had to very quickly retract her paw who had already pocked one of the berries, quickly looking up to see if Mudhound had noticed. She didn’t eat them, nope!! She sat up as straight as she could, listening to the following instructions. So… Catch the flying mossball preys! She could do that! Poppypaw puffed her chest up proudly, ignoring the comment on death and killing – for the young apprentice had not heard those words before. She flicked an ear, wondering if biting their necks wouldn’t hurt them? But, if Bigcat told them to, it should be fine! ...Right? She weirdly didn’t feel like it would.

She decided to not ask, shutting her maw as Silverpaw already went ahead to roll in the mud. Curiously, Poppypaw ushered forth and dipped one paw in… Then two… Then with slight excitement jumped in, sending splatters all around! Dropping into the mud and rolling around, she giggled at the weird, dirty sensation – Yuck! But soon enough she was already hiding within the indicated bush, watching Mudhound with care. This was so silly, and Poppy liked it!! She was going to hunt!!

[ @Rani @Desert Rain Frog @Ladiebugg – Sorry about the delay!! ]