Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Go to first new post RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 02:10 PM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by alec
Today 02:08 PM
ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by redshiftreign
Today 02:07 PM
WindClan Patrols
by Ian
Last post by Tallstar
Today 02:06 PM
It all falls down [SHC...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 01:59 PM

Old May 7th, 2024, 12:16 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Default new beginnings [p]

MISTYSHARD
she/her | riverclan medicine cat | 38 moons
dreamwalker ⦁ beefed up t2
Silver paws entered the apprentice's den at a brisk pace. Now that she had Fadingsun's approval, there was nothing standing in her way. She had no idea how Berrypaw would react to this proposal - surprised? excited? Any way, she wanted to have the young apprentice by her side. There was no better candidate she could imagine, and she would give everything to make sure Berrypaw didn't feel overwhelmed or pressured by all the new things that would be announced to her. A small smile appeared on her maw as she came closer to her former and future apprentice's nest, dipping her head in greeting.

"Berrypaw!" the medicine cat purred in a friendly way. "I've missed seeing you around. In fact.. I have really missed having you as my apprentice and... it's time to change that." She took a deep breath before spilling the news. "I would like to take you as my apprentice once again, but this time not as a warrior apprentice, no. As medicine cat apprentice. I wanted to let you know before the meeting where it's announced so that you're not too surprised or overwhelmed. I've thought long about this and I think you would fit the position very well. This has been discussed with Fadingsun as well. So... do you want to be my apprentice once again?"

Her one amber eye was wide with hope as she awaited Berrypaw's reply. Hopefully it wouldn't be a no, because then she'd have no idea who to choose. Berrypaw had always been her number one choice.

[ @squidz ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old May 7th, 2024, 01:09 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Cheeky

Default Re: new beginnings [p]

Berrypaw had been resting in the apprentice's den, her mind dwelling on her current failures. She couldn't hunt well, couldn't fish yet, she was terrified of battle training that had never started... all of it caused her brain to fog, and she spent more free time than not in her nest nowadays.

The dark-furred apprentice's head shot up, however, when brisk pawsteps were followed by a familiar scent entered the den. Mistyshard! Happily surprised, Berrypaw turned around to face her former mentor who called her name.

"Hi! What are you..." But Berrypaw went quiet as Mistyshard went on, her light green eyes slowly widening at each syllable.

Be her apprentice again? But she's the medicine cat, how can I—

Wait. She said... medicine cat apprentice? Me?

Taken aback, Berrypaw sat there with her maw half-open for several moments as the information slowly processed through her mind. Part of her searched Mistyshard's face, looking for some sort of joke — did someone put her up to this? Did Fadingsun just tell her to pick the most desperate apprentice instead of the most qualified? There certainly were a few other cats that came to mind that had actual... experience, right? Why in the world would she consider Berrypaw worthy of such an honorable title? The apprentice felt hardly capable enough to handle something as basic as hunting — let alone caring for an entire Clan!

Her heart sped up in anticipation as she waited a moment, still expecting the punchline. But the look in Mistyshard's one amber eye was serious, and... eager?

She seems excited, she really wants me to do this...?

She couldn't deny the next few thoughts that came to her; she felt the most comfortable with Misty, and the most fun she'd ever had with camp assignments or 'training' had been the herb patrols she'd performed. And she'd actually done those well! Not many things came easy to Berrypaw, but seeking out those herbs had felt almost like second-nature. Not to mention Misty's assurance that she would fit in well, and would help her along... it was comforting.

If she believes in me... maybe I can really do it?

"Well, I..." Berrypaw shuffled her paws restlessly, her nervous habit showing as the rapid-fire thoughts whirled through her head. Say something, fish-brain! She urged herself.

Not wanting to leave Mistyshard hanging, she slowly choked out, "W-Wow, it's... it's an honor, Mistyshard! But... if I can ask... why me?" Her voice shook a little bit, still hardly able to believe the offer was real. "I'm not... as good as these other apprentices. I don't understand..."

She wanted to accept at this point, she really did — it was a chance to prove herself in a new way, to not have to struggle with claws and bloodshed like her braver Clanmates. But the whirlwind in her head was preventing her final 'yes' — what if she screwed everything up, let everyone down? The whole Clan would be counting her for healing! What if she was just as bad with herbs and healing as she was with everything else? Maybe those bullying kits and opposing warriors who said she'd never have a place in the Clan when she first arrived were right — she didn't have Clan blood. How could she serve RiverClan with the justice it deserved?

All of this rushed in her mind as she waited, nearly desperately, for Mistyshard's next words — clawing for a clear answer through her foggy mind that would let her know that she could do it. That she was the right choice... something to break through her cycle of self-deprecating thoughts.

/ @starry - berry's anxiety in action lol. poor girl

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Old May 7th, 2024, 02:31 PM

MISTYSHARD
There was a slightly crooked smile on the herbalist's maw as she watched Berrypaw go through the emotions. Shock and a bit of awe, just like expected. Then came the doubt, the anxiety, and all the emotions that were probably blocking the young shecat from saying 'yes' to Mistyshard's proposition. So, why her. Of course there were other good apprentices, she wouldn't say no to that. But Berrypaw.. was Berrypaw. There was something deep inside her that made her feel like this was the right choice. No omen from StarClan or anything, no. This was her choice and she'd stick by it being the best one.

Her light tabby tail flicked to and fro slightly as she began explaining. "Berry, don't say you're not as good as them. You definitely are. I chose you because I really enjoy working with you. Remember that one swimming session we had together?" She purred joyfully as she recalled the memory. "It was so nice to see you bloom with every step we took. And you're always so curious, eager to learn but still shy at the same time... of course I could've chosen someone with experience, someone who's older than you and more open. But that's not what I want." Mistyshard took a moment to let those words sink in, and hopefully assist Berrypaw with making the decision. However, she did still have more to say.

"When I went on a herb patrol with you, I noticed you seemed pretty interested in them. You didn't slack, unlike others. From that day on I started thinking.. what if I took you as an apprentice again? I really missed having you by my side, training with you or just talking with you. This isn't all sunshine and rainbows of course; medicine cat apprentice does come with its hardships. But I have learnt from observing the former medicine cat apprentices."

"Maybe you think you don't deserve it or somethin', but you definitely do, okay? You've done a lot for this clan and I trust you more than most others. Trust is an important thing between medicine cats. I want to teach you again, show you the world from a different angle. I won't overwhelm you or force you to do things you do not want to, I promise. I think.. if we take the time and effort, we can make a great medicine cat out of you. And I want nothing more than to have you by my side to be RiverClan's future, to heal and to help."

Her smile grew into a comforting, determined beam and she met Berrypaw's green eyes. Misty's head tilted slightly to the left and she wrapped her tail around her paws before proceeding with repeating her question. "So... I'm gonna ask again.. do you want to be my apprentice? Serve at my side as RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice?"

[ @squidz ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

Old May 7th, 2024, 02:54 PM

Mistyshard's words broke through the overwhelming buzz of her thoughts, Berrypaw's fur and feet relaxed as she listened intently, taking in every word the medicine cat said. They'd both enjoyed working together, and both had felt comfortable and confident in the other. Misty had even said she trusted her! It... was a good match.

Her mental voice fought to overpower the anxiety. Okayokayokay... I can do it. I can do this... if Mistyshard says I can, and that she'll trust and train me, I won't let her down!

Looking hopeful now, Berrypaw finally found the courage to meet Mistyshard's eyes. Taking in a shaky but deep breath, the apprentice nodded. "O-Okay... okay," murmured firstly to herself, gathering her strength. Then she meowed, loudly and clearly, "...Yes. I'll will do it! I want to be your apprentice."

As soon as she said the words, fear pooled in her belly. But she shoved it off as best she could, taking quick breaths as she attempted to settle her heartbeat. This was the biggest decision of her short life thus far — everything would be changing!

But she had a mentor who believed in her, and would guide her rightly... she could handle it, if she tried and worked hard. That's what Stagheart had kept telling her... she just had to trust that.

/ @starry

Old May 17th, 2024, 04:14 PM

MISTYSHARD
A big grin formed on Mistyshard's maw as the brown flecked shecat accepted the position. She let everything sink in for a few moments, knowing this would be a big change to Berrypaw's life and that she would have to give the apprentice time to adjust. However, she was sure that with enough time and patience this would turn out to be the perfect match. The fact that Berrypaw had accepted meant RiverClan now would have full high ranks with Fadingsun's choice as a deputy. They'd rise from the ashes they had fallen into and she was sure Berry would be a great part of that.

Of course her expectations weren't too high right now - the anxious molly was young and needed Mistyshard's guidance. The medicine cat was determined to guide her on every step of the way; she wouldn't let a young cat rot in this position like it happened before. That was something she swore to herself, and also internally promised to Berrypaw. Letting cats down was something she hated, especially with ones she'd gotten close to. And though she would not stop helping make RiverClan great again, she knew she needed to look out for Berrypaw.

"...Okay. This will be fine, I promise. A gentle approach to the position is what we're going for and I'll make sure you aren't overworking or overestimating yourself. Thank you for accepting this and doing this for RiverClan; I'm sure a medicine cat apprentice like you is what they've been waiting for." A gentle smile and a nod was shot her unofficial apprentice's way. Soon, Fadingsun would announce this to the clan, and everything would be official. There was no going back now. However, it's not like she wanted to go back. Mistyshard had lots of faith in this decision she was making and surely, it would assist in making RiverClan great again. Silver tail flicked towards the den entrance, pointing straight across and aiming at the leader's den.

"I will show you the medicine cat's den n' stuff later, okay? First Fadingsun wanted to talk with you, since you will be working close with him and everyone else so I'm sure he just wants to get to know you a bit better." Her nod got more confident and encouraging as she began to make her way to the leader's den, ensuring that she was giving Berrypaw the needed guidance. Wether that was physical or emotional, she was here for it.

[ @squidz if you want you can just go ahead and post in the leader's den saying misty dropped her off there ]

Old May 17th, 2024, 05:43 PM

Berrypaw felt encouraged by Mistyshard's reaction — overjoyed and confident, it seemed. Allowing a faint smile to cross her lips as well, despite her nerves, Berrypaw purred to Mistyshard's assurance.

"I'll do my best!" She promised, following her restored mentor out towards the leader's den. That much was true; she would try her best. Initially, she had wanted to say that she wouldn't let Misty down, but honestly, Berrypaw doubted she could deliver on that. What she could do, though, was work her tail off to get better — and she'd always been a determined lil' cat, despite her hesitations.

But a new wave of intimidation came over her when she realized Mistyshard wasn't following her in. Visit Fadingsun? By herself? "O-Okay... yeah, I can do that!" She mewed cheerfully, her optimism trying to rise out over her shaky voice.

"I can do that... I can..." The apprentice murmured to herself the entire way towards the den, like a self-pep talk as she forced her legs to walk inside.

/ @starry - will post in the leader's den now