Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by Dakotaa
Today 12:21 PM
How does WCO see you?
Last post by hermeswind
Today 12:14 PM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 12:13 PM
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:12 PM

Old March 14th, 2024, 09:18 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Age and experience [p]

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 49 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Right, time once again had healed all wounds (this time mink related) and that meant things were back in business! In this area it was back to the tunnels with the cat Crowtooth hoped would someday train more and generally be a friend (finally) in the dark.

Because all of Crowtooths current friends did not like it down there which was boring.

"Silverrose! Ya still up ta masterin' the deep? I got a free day an' wit' just the two o' us we can run right through thin's fast.

I think ya got a basic knowledge anyways actually? I swear 've seen ya on patrols or somethin', whatdya know so we don' have ta go over that again, no issue 'f not though."

This would be fun, really!

@Estelle

Last edited by Rani; March 14th, 2024 at 09:18 PM.
Old April 15th, 2024, 11:51 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: Age and experience [p]

She was surprised. He actually remembered, calling her name as if she was a mere underling under his guide. Well, she could forgive it this day – Crowtooth had always been of a better nature than most, it seemed, his friendliness more distrusting than anything. But, he remembered, and that earned a good point in the silver molly’s book. With a new name, as he had predicted, she had to remind herself, Silverrose approached Crowtooth with a pleasant expression and a polite dip of her head.
“Most certainly,”
She answered.
“I have walked within the tunnels several times before – it is nothing new, by this point. I cannot say I know them like the back of my paw as you do, but navigation will be the least of our struggles.”
She was, after all, able to track down a correct-enough for Dustbunny to find her within the tunnels, too. It said little, but her navigation wasn’t what was most off.

[ @Rani ]

Old April 19th, 2024, 06:43 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 51 Moons

Ok so some experience and she probably didn’t need to get the run down on the dangers to avoid… Plus Silverrose was smarter then most he tried to teach, so the tom just straight skipped that part with a “Alrighty then, lets hop right into it.”

He offered the last visible cocked grin before he turned tail and unearthed a tunnel entrance under a thatch of heather and ducked in, talking as he padded along, following his own scent marks as he did. “So yer good on navigation an’ movin’ about so what’s next is diggin’ out new tunnels. ‘ts pretty self explanatory for the most part, ya dig into a wall an’ stomp down the dirt ya unearth into the walls an’ floor which helps make em strong.

Only thing ta really note is soil types. If the ground is wet ya don’t dig at all, underground rivers will kill you an’ everyone down here wit’ ya. Sandy ground is risky unless ya bring sticks down ta use as like a brace, an’ even then….. frankly I just tend ta avoid it.
Leafbare is a pain as the ground both freezes near the surface (still diggable below) an’ rains become lethal as if one starts when yer down here an’ ya don’t notice. Water will both collapse tunnels an’ flood ‘em.”

When he’d been stuck down here devoid of memories the tom had come to fear the cold months and all that came with it. For creatures in the tunnels winter was a time of plenty as creatures came down to hibernate, but also one of danger.

“Im not gonna make ya practice digging’ yer not a kit an’ that’s basically all the base info you need buuuuuut…. Well, while Im not an expert Ive noticed each territory has its own type o’ ground? Riverclans got that sandy ground an’ Shadowclan is more rocky while thunderclans is rooty and got more clay, all got tunnels though. It aint a perfect guide but it helps if yer wanderin’ around….

Especially given the dangers tend ta change wit’ the area.”

@Estelle
Old April 19th, 2024, 07:09 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

She couldn't help it - hints of a pleased smile graced her maw, relieved they were getting right to it. She wasted no time following the feline into the presumably hidden tunnel, noting Crowtooth's scent marks on the wall. His first statement rang true; with a lean and lithe built - and a rather classic WindClan height, thus, smaller than most other clan cats - Silverrose fit right inside the tunnels; even when they became narrow the now warrior had more or less grown accustomed to moving about within them.

Meaning their next area of training was... The actual tunnelling. Certainly, the one aspect of tunnelling the molly did not enjoy was how dirty it got her pristinely clean fur, groomed every morning and every night. But - and though she internally complained about it every time - she had long come to terms with this fact and readied herself for extra long grooming sessions after the fact. It was a small price to pay for something she did not mind doing one bit.

Nodding at his first words, to stomp down the earth one unearths, she listened on to the following instructions, silently committing to mind the different soil types. A slight shudder at the mention of underground rivers killing all - a fair warning. Avoid sandy soil, if possible, but if necessary one ought to bring strong sticks as support - she imaged RiverClan must have very sandy soil. Rain may both collapse tunnels and flood them (reminder of his first words) and hard soil - in leafbare - was a pain. Meaning you'd better hope for good weather and some strong paws to break through the hardened soil during the colder times.

Ah, it seemed her thoughts were proven right. With the lack of need to practice digging, something most warriors should frankly be able to do, came the clan's specific soil types - sandy for RiverClan (as expected), rocky for ShadowClan (which must be a pain), root-y and clay-like for ThunderClan (hmm?).

"Fair warnings indeed; I wonder, if it became necessary to dig through said sandy tunnels, what would be the most efficient way to place the sticks? And if I may - does a clay-like soil pose any specific issues? I imagine a rock-type of ground must be harder to dig through, albeit a little more stable through the rocks."

[ @Rani ]

Old April 26th, 2024, 12:48 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 51 Moons

It was kinda nice to be able to talk about the technical side of tunneling with someone and the smile was clear in Crowtooths voice, even if he scrambled to explain the habits that'd been second nature to him. "Uh, fer sticks I kinda use roots mostly? Ive not reflected on it 'cuz Im mainly just usin' what I find but come ta think about it theyre less prone ta crackin' then just branches an' are twisted in a way that makes it east ta press em inta the walls and pack 'em in which makes it more stable ta support the roof." Which was true even if Crowtooth had never really thought deeply on it, mainly relying on what felt 'right' and only altering that once something did go wrong. Funny that.

"Yer right rocks are the most stable but difficult an' ya learn fast ta always dig above an obstacle rather then risk it goin' clunk on yer head. As fer clay really its shockin'ly stable? Aint hard ta dig through an' I aint had a cave in but stars its impossible ta get off o' fur."
The times Crowtooth had encountered a clay patch it'd resulted in a matted patch that once died had refused to come off. The tunneler did not like river soaks thank you and that it was the only way to get the clay off was a massive pain.

"Ok so next on dangers is the predetors ya can encounter down here.
Ya can avoid coyote dens cuz theyre so large an' stink pretty bad an' they can' dig deep enough ta get you 'n the tunnels (too big). Means ya can escape them by just goin' deeper.

Foxes though..... Most places ya can fit they can so be wary. They also den shallow though so 'f yer deep don' worry about suddenly diggin' inta them. An' they also don' spend a ton of time down here and only go ta solo hunt, so show yer not worth 't an' they'll leave but avoid 'f possible."

Some of the advice was obvious but it was more of a lead up.
"So ya know about mink well enough on yer own, I aint even met one o' them until this mess started but now we know then well but they aint the real trouble. Nah its badgers that are the danger.

They live breed an' hunt down here an' are built fer this place. I encountered one once an' the damn thin' took a chunk o' my ear an' clawed my face. They're aggressive, will pursue ya even alone, an' are stronger then ya every time"
Crowtooth hated and respected those things and thanked starclan they were rare.

@Estelle