Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Fish
Today 05:12 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Fritter
Today 05:10 PM
Haggard Ruins
by dino.
Last post by Ladiebugg
Today 05:09 PM
A big addition to the...
Last post by Ladiebugg
Today 05:05 PM
chickadee’s auction...
Last post by lys.luvbot
Today 04:56 PM

Old April 8th, 2024, 09:47 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default The Shovel Talk [p]

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 49 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust
Art by Marigoldwhisper

Prior to the insanity that'd soon consume the clan Crowtooth had chaos of his own to create.

See he wasnt blind, and he was only kind of stupid unlike these two morons and even if it was definitely going nowhere fast the tom had a duty to complete as basically Bravebirds best friend.

He had a shovel talk to give and if it also was kinda a friend making venture you saw nothing because Crowtooth totally didnt need/want more friends and didnt actually think Hawkfur was kinda a cool dude. Nope.

So yep, time to do this! .....How.
Crowtooth didnt make friends or interact with others outside of his all consuming drive to work so was kinda stumped... What did others do for fun around here with others? .....Impossible to know, ok what did Crowtooth like to do outside of work? Spar(?)

Sparring it was.

Padding up to the other tom the tunneler chuffed in greeting, offering what he hopes is a casually rasped "Mornin' got anythin' planned for today? 'cuz I dont an' Im hankerin' fer a spar. Ya keen?"

@Mica
Old April 8th, 2024, 10:21 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Default Re: The Shovel Talk [p]

Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 49 moons
[Russet tabby with tuxedo markings and sky blue eyes ]
Purrks: Flock Together T3
· · ────────────── · ·
[Crowtooth - @Rani ]
· · ────────────── · ·

Hawkfur looked up from where he was finishing a rabbit, the shadow Crowtooth cast over him providing a brief but appreciated relief of the warm sun beating down into camp. New leaf was officially here, and Hawkfur was dreading the shedding season that came long with it.

The red tabby licked his lips before responding, sounding a little embarassed as he did. "Oh! Yeah, yeah of course." He flashed Crowtooth a grin. "I've actually been looking for more sparring partners, but everyone in this clan is too chicken to do it." With that, he discarded the remains of his meal and gestured for Crowtooth to lead the way.
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old April 13th, 2024, 12:35 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Crowtooth
Art by Marigoldwhisper

Well.... Huh look at that social interaction was going well so far! Maybe going up to a cat and asking to fight then was actually a good way to make friends? Crowtooth would try this again some time.

That was for later however but for now the tom had to balance both bonding with Hawkfur and making sure he knew if he messed things up with Bravebird no one would ever find his body.

The tunneler chuckled, leading Hawkfur to a selected flat rock outside of camp for the spar as he rasped a wry reply of. "I feel ya, sometimes I swear this clan needs ta be directly bitten on the butt ta have motivation ta actually throw paws. Say what ya will about the 'virtues o' patience' but Im gonna go mental an' start tryin' the bite method ta get them goin'. Though Ive held off so far, pretty sure Twi would skin me 'f I tried." before he snorted and shook his head, a slight tinge of actual frustration under his words.

The skunk striped tom hopped up to the rock and fell into his own fighting position, indicating for Hawkfur to do the same even as he kept up the casual chatting. Hawkfur would get a moment of tension once he settled in to a battle ready pose before Crowtooth attacked, paw flying out to try and bap the other tom about the head, shoulder following through to go for a winding slam to the chest.

Even as his voice was strained he'd continue rasping however, ton casual even as he attacked.
"Glad yer keen though, was lookin' for a sparrin' buddy an' Id usually bother Bravebird but she's been..... Off o' late."

@Mica
Old April 14th, 2024, 10:10 AM
The Ping You Dread

Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 49 moons
· · ────────────── · ·
[Crowtooth - @Rani ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur knew that when usually a cat approached him, they wanted something. Hawkfur was guilty of it himself--he was less inclined to chat with someone unless there was a goal of the conversation. It left too many unknowns and had his anxiety sparking. A pretence of sparring was an excellent conversation starter. He just wished that cats were more... forward, with what they wanted. Sure, Hawkfur was terrified of doing that himself, even though he had been developing and strengthening his confidence recently. He found himself able to hold a conversation and even laugh without completely imploding, but there was still a while to go before Hawkfur felt comfortable speaking his mind right away.

Besides, this was Crowtooth, a cat Hawkfur greatly respected even though they were the same age. He admired the tom's loyalty and never-ending sense of duty, and knew that if there was a cat that exemplified everything WindClan was, it was Crowtooth. So Hawkfur would let him play his games--though Hawkfur was too chicken to call him out on it anyway--and wait until the tunneler brought up whatever he needed. Maybe they could be friends, one of these days.

Crowtooth attacked first, and Hawkfur nimbly sidestepped the blow. The russet tabby aimed to ram his shoulder into Crowtooth's flank to bowl him over. Crowtooth was stronger than him, but if Hawkfur could keep himself light on his paws, he might be able to outlast the tom. Or... what if Crowtooth thought that to be cowardly? Or did he think throwing himself headlong over and over was brash? How did Crowtooth want him to fight??

And then the tunneler mentioned Bravebird. There it was. It made sense--it was hardly secret how Hawkfur felt about her. Except for her. She seemed almost blissfully unaware of the way his heart soared whenever she looked at him. Crowtooth was one of Bravebird's best friends, of course he would be watching out for her and protecting her from a possible creep. Hawkfur suspected he either might be interrogated like Firestorm did, scrutinized like Dapplebreeze, or maybe even threatened this time. Hawkfur internally shook his head, even as he attempted to dart back towards Crowtooth's head to land a blow on his shoulder. This wasn't about him. It was about her. He held nothing but respect and affection for her. He just had to be honest. "I've been worried about her, admittedly. I was hoping she might have talked to you about whatever is bothering her?"
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~

Last edited by Mica; April 14th, 2024 at 10:11 AM.
Old April 18th, 2024, 05:10 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Crowtooth

A dodge to a shoulder ram to the side. A decent enough responding opening move, Crowtooth liked it. Even if it wasnt very effective at all.

The tunneler braced his broad form in place, absoring the impact with a grunt and a future bruise he wasnt all that worried about. It was for a purpose in a way, both as a power move and to allow the skunk striped tom to try and swipe Hawkfurs paws out from underneath him, sending him tumbling in best case.

Of course he was also trying to bat at the tunnelers head and shoulders, resulting in Crowtooth ducking away as he met all swipes with gentle but quick snaps of a maw, trying to catch and grab a russet paw. You dont act smart with your hitting paws then you'd get those confiscated in a fight so always best to be wary of that possibility in a spar.

At least he did try and grab a paw until Hawkfur continued the conversation, prompting a sigh as Crowtooth didnt halt his attempts at attacking even as he responded. "Stars only knows whats goin' on in Brave head. I try but I aint good wit' words ta begin wit' an' she excels in not showin' shes got emotions bar rage most o' the time anyways. Well... bar the dire circumstances. But even wit' the minks thin's have been as peaceful as they can get 'round here so I dunno whats prompted this."

Of course what was ironic was that it wasnt peaceful at all, clan life was just so crazy that even this trial seemed calm by comparison. The other irony was that the very next meeting things were gonna hit the fan and cause emotional turmoil for everyone prompting an emotional breakdown from both Crowtooth and Bravebird (and really everyone else too).

The toms face turned pinched as he admitted "Ta be honest I'd hope ya'd have a clearer idea of whats goin' on. Yall've been consortin' awfully close o' late an' such but from the question Im guessin' ya have no clearer an idea then I do.

Though, forgive my lack of tact, what the hell is up with ya'll or are ya just as confused as yer makin' the rest o' us who have ta watch ya?"
Subtle as a bull in a china shop Crowtooth your conversation skills remain unmatched, truely. Ah well the tom did want to actually spar with Hawkfur as much as he wanted to be in the know (as evidenced by the fact that he was continuing the combat through talking and wasnt being overly aggressive or intimidating about it as like a way to push for answers) so maybe being blunt was a decent tactic. Maybe.

@Mica
Old April 22nd, 2024, 09:25 PM
The Ping You Dread

Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 49 moons
· · ────────────── · ·
[Crowtooth - @Rani ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur made a squeaking noise as his shoulder rammed into Crowtooth's side, having absolutely no effect on the larger tom. His shoulder smarted, and he only narrowly avoided Crowtooth's sweeping paw. As the skunk-striped tom nipped at Hawkfur's paws, the red tabby bit back a comment about how silly he looked, especially as his teeth almost connected, sending Hawkfur dancing away. Damn, Crowtooth had hardly moved and Hawkfur couldn't land a single hit on him!! Embarrassment burned his large fluff-tipped ears, and he tried to reassess. Okay, so he couldn't just ram the tunneler, nor could he attack him head-on. He was too big to slip under Crowtooth and push up to unbalance him, but maybe he could try something along those lines. He listened to Crowtooth talk, frowning slightly when the tunneler mentioned that he had hoped Bravebird talked to Hawkfur. No, she hadn't come to him. He tried not to let it bother him, since she was entitled to her own privacy. But he had hoped she was at least talking to someone. "I wonder if the mink patrol has something to do with it." He meowed absently, half-caught in his own thoughts about how he had slipped into a nasty depression after the patrol. Could... could Bravebird have experienced the same thing? Was that it?

The red tom snorted when Crowtooth said he and Bravebird had been "consorting" a lot lately, shaking his head even as he squared up, assessing his options. "I don't think Bravebird was keen on talking to me recently." He muttered. "But maybe I mistook her absence for anger." It wouldn't be the first time he had done that, and he was certain it wouldn't be the last.

Hawkfur spotted an opening, shooting around Crowtooth and aiming to ram his shoulder into the tunneler's front legs. Maybe this would finally unbalance him. Even if it didn't work, Hawkfur continued to attack Crowtooth's paws, consistently trying to get the damn tom off balance. That was, until he mentioned something about something going on between him and Bravebird?? Hawkfur's frown deepened, and he raised a white-tinted brow. "What are you talking about??" There was nothing going on between him and Bravebird! Sure, he might have been worshiping the ground she walked on for the past moon or so, but he really didn't think he was that obvious about it... was he? And what was this about "between" them? As far as he was concerned, Bravebird had been nothing but friendly--even a little standoffish--with him.

Pausing, he leveled Crowtooth with a serious look. "I--" He sucked in a breath. "There's nothing going on. She's just my friend." He tried to give Crowtooth a reassuring smile, but he couldn't help the dejection that shone in his eyes. He had never been very good at hiding his emotions. "Besides, even if I wanted there to be something, she would never spare a glance my way. She's this incredible badass who outshines everyone in this clan. Her loyalty is so inspiring and the way she just keeps getting back up even when she's fallen, it--" the tom stopped. Looked at Crowtooth. His face fell, and he slowly hung his head in shame. "Oh stars, I've been super obvious, haven't I."
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~

Last edited by Mica; April 22nd, 2024 at 09:27 PM.