Bump Policy: whenever
My Mood: Dark
Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangofDoom View Post
Poppysong ═ ✱
windclan warriornb they/them20 moonstags; @Micanomancy @Wordle @tallulah
═ ═ ═
Poppysong sighs and glances up into the sky, closing their eyes. “I suppose-” they begin to say to Hawkfur, but they’re interrupted.

Basilthroat and their scream. Leafspot is dead.

Poppysong stands, wincing at their leg but resoundingly ignoring it. They rush over to Leafspot’s still-warm body. “What happened?” They hiss at Basilthroat, and a flick of their ear betrays they regret their tone. What Bravebird says makes them pause. Who indeed?

They came from the medicine den, right?” Poppysong asks, but they think they already know.

Their brashness quickly gives away to fear. It was the poison. Surely? A cat doesn’t just drop dead in the middle of the clearing. They glance hesitantly towards the medicine cat den and their tail fluffs to twice its normal size, and instead of looking away, they stare into it. Transfixed with fear.

Poppysong then vows to themself that they will never go into that den as long as Cowtuft and Lightningstorm stay there.
@tallulah @MangofDoom

Basilthroat
They/Them~Windclan~24 Moons
"I don't need the world to see
That I've been the best I can be"

They winced a little at Poppysong's hiss. "When I..I lived as a loner a cat was poisoned with some type of burnet and they died similarly" Basilthroat told Poppysong and Bravebird.

★☆"There is no show without an Audience!"☆★
Gentlecrab is Beachclan's Medicine cat, pearl has a semi-open den policy
Please use tone tags when speaking to me
Character website
Commisions

Last edited by Kieran.; December 29th, 2023 at 07:38 PM.
Old December 29th, 2023, 07:43 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Bravebird
She/her | 41 moons | Beefed Up T3 • One with the Warren
Yeah, that's about what she expected.

"I don't know what kind fluff is in your brains, but Cowtuft and Lightningstorm aren't poisoning our Clanmates." Her voice was hard with a sharp edge to it as Bravebird looked between Poppysong and Basilthroat. They were both younger, at least half her age. Had they no sense? Were they just going to toss aside all of the good work that the two medicine cats had done for the Clan?? She didn't like these theories going around that they were the culprits behind the poisoning.

Cowtuft was not behind this - he couldn't be. However in a rare moment for the usually bold and brash warrior, Bravebird felt her heart hammer in her chest, reminiscent to how she'd felt when dying, or when she had first come back. It wasn't an emotion she felt often, but that didn't mean she didn't know what it was: Fear.

Looking to the medicine den, then down at Leafspot, she sighed. "We'll need to hold a vigil, and then bury his body. Can one of you get Twilightstar or Fallownose?" She bit back another sharp retort, deciding that if either of the hare-brains in front of her wanted to continue to slander two medicine cats who had worked their tails off, they could talk to her claws.

[ @Wordle @MangofDoom ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; December 29th, 2023 at 07:46 PM.
Old December 29th, 2023, 08:02 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

Whisperingpaw(73/100)

Waking from his slumber, Whisperingpaw padded into the clearing to yowl at someone, but there it was...Leafspot's dead body. 'Cowtuft and Lightningstorm did it again!' The orange tom thought angrily. "Berryfrost, Foxkit, Whiskerwing, Stickpaw...And now Leafspot?!" Whisperingpaw hissed, stomping into the crowd. "They're poisoning us!!" He said to the crowd, his claws unsheathing. Flashbacks of seeing his mentor's body, along with a poor kits's body.. No more!!

"I say banish the murderers!" He yowled, his angry dull eyes snapping to the Medicine
den. "COWTUFT, LIGHTNINGSTORM, GET OUT HERE." He had no power to say this, but the rage and grief consumed him, and the voices were no help.

[ @Wally Darling~ ] (Leafspot) [ @wolfie ] (Cowtuft) [ @Alchemist Kitsune. ] (Lightningstorm)

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
A New Dawn

Last edited by ChaosBringer.; January 27th, 2024 at 07:25 PM.
Old December 29th, 2023, 08:08 PM
#Salva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBringer. View Post
Whisperingpaw(71/100)

Waking from his slumber, Whisperingpaw padded into the clearing to yowl at someone, but there it was...Leafspot's dead body. 'Cowtuft and Lightningstorm did it again!' The orange tom thought angrily. "Berryfrost, Foxkit, Whiskerwing, Stickpaw...And now Leafspot?!" Whisperingpaw hissed, stomping into the crowd. "They're poisoning us!!" He said to the crowd, his claws unsheathing. Flashbacks of seeing his mentor's body, aling with a poor kits's body.. No more!!

"I say banish the murderers!" He yowled, his angry dull eyes snapping to the Medicine
den. "COWTUFT, LIGHTNINGSTORM, GET OUT HERE." He had no power to say this, but the rage and grief consumed him, and the voices were no help.

[ @Wally Darling~ ] (Leafspot) [ @wolfie ] (Cowtuft) [ @Alchemist Kitsune. ] (Lightningstorm)

Basilthroat

"I agree, im sorry that you may not believe it Bravebird" Basilthroat turned to face the she-cat face on. "But there is too much evidence to prove otherwise".

@tallulah (pls dont kill Basil for this lol)

Character website
Commisions
Old December 29th, 2023, 08:08 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mysterious

Poppysong ═ ✱
windclan warriornb they/them20 moonstags; @Wordle @tallulah
═ ═ ═
Poppysong pins their ears back and narrows their eyes. “Bravebird, what else could it be? The medicine cats are in charge of the herbs and the herbs have killed Leafspot. Or, what, is it just a huge coincidence?

Poppysong lashes their tail, trying their best keeping their temper cool, but it’s quite obviously not working. Anger and fear comes off of them in waves of heat and their claws keep poking into the dirt.

The clan isn’t safe, Bravebird. I’m no longer willing to let the safety of my clan lay in the paws of those even Starclan doesn’t wish to speak with.

Oh. Oh they went too far. Their fur stands on end and their huge fur doubles in size. Oh Starclan, above, their other legs aren’t going to make it out of this alive anymore.

Last edited by MangofDoom; December 29th, 2023 at 08:12 PM.
Old December 29th, 2023, 08:16 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Bravebird
Flattening her ears as a screeching sound comes from a nearby apprentice, Bravebird resisted the urge to swat them over the ears. They weren't murderers! How could none of them see past the grief that blinded them?? Her blue eyes darted between Poppysong and Basilthroat, unable to do anything other than glare at them both. Her tail lashed behind her but she kept a tight hold of her claws in her sheaths, not willing to let them slide out just yet.

This had to be just one big coincidence. There was no way that... Cowtuft would never in a million moons... the herbs were just... Harder and harder her heart thumped in her chest and the older warrior shook her head. "Enough! They're not murders! Shut it, will you?" she snapped first to Whisperingpaw, then to Poppysong and Basilthroat. "Cowtuft has been our Clans medicine cat for practically your whole life, Poppysong. Yours too, Basilthroat. How many times has he healed you since you've been alive? How many times has he been a steady rock for this Clan? Open your eyes!"

Then Poppysong's words had her head snapping over, eyes wide and owl-like. StarClan... didn't speak with either of them? ...What? Did Twilightstar know about this? Her jaw went slack as she gawked at the younger warrior. unable to process what she was saying. StarClan had to have chosen Cowtuft, right? At least, that's what Brave recalled when Peachfrost had went missing. That's what had placed him as their healer in the first place.

Unable to say anything else, Bravebird turned and looked at the medicine den with wide eyes. What was happening??

[ @MangofDoom @Wordle @ChaosBringer. ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old December 29th, 2023, 08:24 PM
#Salva

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulah View Post
Bravebird
Flattening her ears as a screeching sound comes from a nearby apprentice, Bravebird resisted the urge to swat them over the ears. They weren't murderers! How could none of them see past the grief that blinded them?? Her blue eyes darted between Poppysong and Basilthroat, unable to do anything other than glare at them both. Her tail lashed behind her but she kept a tight hold of her claws in her sheaths, not willing to let them slide out just yet.

This had to be just one big coincidence. There was no way that... Cowtuft would never in a million moons... the herbs were just... Harder and harder her heart thumped in her chest and the older warrior shook her head. "Enough! They're not murders! Shut it, will you?" she snapped first to Whisperingpaw, then to Poppysong and Basilthroat. "Cowtuft has been our Clans medicine cat for practically your whole life, Poppysong. Yours too, Basilthroat. How many times has he healed you since you've been alive? How many times has he been a steady rock for this Clan? Open your eyes!"

Then Poppysong's words had her head snapping over, eyes wide and owl-like. StarClan... didn't speak with either of them? ...What? Did Twilightstar know about this? Her jaw went slack as she gawked at the younger warrior. unable to process what she was saying. StarClan had to have chosen Cowtuft, right? At least, that's what Brave recalled when Peachfrost had went missing. That's what had placed him as their healer in the first place.

Unable to say anything else, Bravebird turned and looked at the medicine den with wide eyes. What was happening??

Basilthroat

Basilthroat was breathing heavily digging their claws into the ground as if they were gonna fall over. Starclan help us now!. They managed to say "We need to talk to Cowtuft and Lightningstorm!". But then..they can just lie will Bravebird still believe them.

Character website
Commisions

Last edited by Kieran.; December 29th, 2023 at 08:27 PM.
Old December 29th, 2023, 08:25 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulah View Post
Bravebird

Whisperingpaw(74/100)

Whisperingpaw smirked with pride as someone agreed with him, then snapped his head over to a warrior who shouted at him. "They killed my mentor! They killed Berryfrost!" He shouted back, his fur bristling. Whisperingpaw's expression was not fazed by Bravebird's little 'speech'. "As Poppysong said, Starclan won't even talk to them! If Starclan won't talk, and there's rumors and PROOF that the medicine cats have killed, we sre not safe! We need to get rid of them!" He spat back. Whisperingpaw slowly
gained agreement, which made him feel pride. Letting out a grief filled hiss, he arched his back and got ready to bound into the Medicine den and confront the murderers.

[ @MangofDoom ] [ @Wordle ]

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
A New Dawn

Last edited by ChaosBringer.; January 27th, 2024 at 07:26 PM.
Old December 29th, 2023, 08:35 PM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

s o f t s o n g
she/her - 98 moons - WindClan - aroace - agatha kitty - tags; @Wordle @ChaosBringer. @MangofDoom @tallulah
Tired after the gathering, Softsong had slipped straight into the warriors den to try get some sleep - sleep that was now being interrupted by what had to be the rudest group of cats in the world. She was about to get up and tell them off when Bravebird bolted out, doing the job for her. Good. More sleep for me.

But not long after, the yowling continued. What is their problem? Softsong thought, tail lashing. Fine - you want a job done, do it yourself.

Stomping out of the den, she stepped into the clearing, ears flat - just in time to hear Whisperingpaw call for the banishment of both medicine cats.

"Have you got bees for brains?" she snapped, going for a cuff on the ears. "Some of us are trying to rest, and you're out here calling for the banishment of both of our healers? Should we all keel over and die of sickness this leafbare?"

She blinked tiredly, turning her head as Poppysong spoke. She struggled to follow their words.
Wait - Leafspot, dead from herbs?
Her blood ran cold.

She struggled for a moment. Poppysong had a point - why hadn't StarClan spoken to their own medicine cats for a cure? And why was the cure provided a cure to poison? Did StarClan not trust WindClan's medicine cats? But then...
"Why wouldn't StarClan just speak to Twilightstar?" she snapped, tail lashing.

It was one thing to accuse the medicine cats, but Twilightstar had done nothing wrong - there was no reason for StarClan to exclude her from their messages. "If anyone has proven themselves loyal to WindClan, it's her. Why bring ThunderClan into it at all, when they have been killing WindClan over nothing? StarClan wasn't thinking of us when they did this - they were simply giving ThunderClan another bargaining chip," she spat, aggression aimed more at StarClan than her former apprentice.

"Poppysong, didn't you yourself just recently get treated in the medicine den?" she questioned, more gently. "You said as much at the gathering."

♡ drawn by my friend nika @lacecap

Last edited by lesbianism; December 29th, 2023 at 08:49 PM.
Old December 29th, 2023, 08:45 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Hawkfur
Windclan
he/him | 45 moons
[Deep russet tabby with blue eyes and a white chest muzzle and paws]
---------------
[Poppysong - @MangofDoom ] [Bravebird - @tallulah ] [Basilthroat - @Wordle ] [Whisperingpaw - @ChaosBringer. ]
---------------
Hawkfur had leapt up immediately when the scream tore across camp, rushing towards the now-still body of his clanmate, other cats swiftly surrounding it. All sound left his ears, and he watched the scene unfold in silence. He gasped raggedly as he saw the blood trickle from Leafspot's maw, his eyes unseeing. He saw the shredded leaves--obviously from the medicine cat's den--still clinging to Leafspot's lips.

He pressed against Poppysong, staring unbelieving at the scene before them. Suddenly, all the sound came rushing back to him, just in time to hear Bravebird and Poppysong, and a young apprentice Whisperingpaw, argue about what was happening. His heart pounded and his blood roared in his ears, but clarity finally snapped into place for him, and he bared his teeth at everyone.

"Enough!!"

"The facts are the facts. Five cats have died after receiving treatment from the medicine cats. An investigation needs to be launched immediately." He glared at Bravebird as if daring her to argue. "Poppysong is right. If Thunderclan knew about the poison before Twilightstar, Cowtuft or Lightningstorm mentioned it, it means Starclan must have told them. Unless someone in camp wants to confess to sharing clan secrets??" He raised his voice, rumbling through the clearing. "There will be no banishing until answers are reached." He stared pointedly at Whisperingpaw, eyes hard. "Understood?"

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!