◆ Ace's Art Shop
Last post by Eucalyptuspaw
Today 04:06 AM

Old January 30th, 2023, 07:38 AM
steal my heart, its yours

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Stressed

Default Re: Sunkissed Creek

Dragonflyash feels as if bugs are crawling through his fur, so he stops for a moment just to make sure. Good - nothing. He thinks to himself before the sad tom turns and continues on his way to the Creek.

I wonder what Alderstep thinks about me. He thinks to himself, for once thinking about how others may see him. Crazy, for sure. But he really isn't - he is just more... Reserved and quiet. "Everyone's quick to come to assumptions." He grumbles as he stops at the Creek, taking in the view.

"You picked this place for it's beauty - to make sure I would always come back. To revisit that day, didt you, Butterflywing?" He asks aloud, his voice bitterly sad. Realizing that Alderstep is still out there somewhere, he stops speaking entirely as he glares into the water. Drown yourself! A voice deep in his head roars, and it sounds like his mother's. With a soft sobbing noise, he shakes his head and glances at the sky with his oe eye.

"Yeah, you'd like that, wouldn't you!?" He whispers, his voice accusing his mother of hating him. Everyone who has ever seen the two interact knows that he is not wrong. She blames him for Flypaw's death. She's wrong, of course. She just does not like to see the cold, hard truth.

@val
Old January 30th, 2023, 03:32 PM
❝ meow! ❞ ✧ ೃ༄

alderstep
he/him
thunderclan
russet tabby w/ white paws, green eyes

Nobody had really said that Alderstep couldn't spy. Besides, he bet that Dragonflyash had already been doing that. So, his half-brother had come to the creek to admire its beauty or something? He supposed he could believe that except for the whole backstory thing the warrior had just dumped onto him. And now the gray tom was meowing at the water. Okay.

Alderstep turned to go, even though he kept his ears perked for any more noises. The wind was playing a devilish trick and tossing whatever Dragonflyash was saying over Sunkissed Creek rather than towards the russet tabby. It was mildly frustrating when one was trying to spy, but why was he even doing that anyways? Probably wasn't his business - no, it wasn't his business - so why was he being so nosy? The tom shook his head at himself. He'd been acting up recently, or so he thought.

The warrior looped back around and headed towards Dragonflyash. Alderstep wasn't exactly sure why (stupid paws doing things without his permission) but he was sure he could make a worthy excuse as to why he'd stuck around to snoop around in his half-brother's nonsense. He bet that's what the one-eyed tom would say or think if he say Alderstep again.

Taking care to make enough sound in the snow to announce his presence, Alderstep stopped walking a fox-tail's length away from Dragonflyash. He had a tilt to his head and his whiskers twitched. It was a surprise icicles didn't hang from them given the cold. "Be careful not to fall in. There's no fish-whisker around to drag your one-eyed carcass out if you do," the tom warned gruffly.

He hadn't exactly meant to be so rude, but that was how the words had come out of his mouth and Alderstep wasn't about to become some bumbling fool apologizing. He had meant what he said, and if a few insults were going to insult his half-brother, that was his problem.

@Mosin // sorry if this reply felt like a jumbled up ramble, because it certainly did feel that way for me
Old January 30th, 2023, 11:49 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Dawnpaw's Info
(Sorry it's a bit short and kind of a weird start, I was a little stumped on ideas ^^".)

It was an uneventful day.

Dawnpaw yawned, boredom blatant on his expression as he sat within the clearing, tail twitching at his side. He hadn't particularly had anything to do lately, just sitting around camp and awaiting orders from whichever of those high ranks or whatever decided to include him in activities. His eyes rolled at the thought. He sighed obnoxiously, looking around before seeming to make up his mind.

If he didn't have anything to do, he'd find something to do. Maybe he could hunt, or go to the borders. Or something. Whatever warriors and training apprentices did. Regardless, he would be good at whatever he did. It couldn't be that hard. Did he even need to be an apprentice? At this point, he'd have more common sense than anyone in the Clan! He could teach himself instead of waiting for some stupid mentor to come and "train" him! Harrumphing, Dawnpaw rose to his paws and began on his way to the entrance of the camp, tail waving high in the air with confidence. He didn't bother to look around before slipping out of camp- if a cat noticed him, then let them. Maybe it'd give him something to do.

In his aimless wandering, having never paid much attention to pretty much anything regarding the territory, the siamese came across a little creek. He stopped for a moment and looked around. Huh.

Now what?

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old January 31st, 2023, 09:20 AM
I am who I am

My Mood: Adorable

@Jayvines (The catching topic)

Thunderclaw padded back over to his pile of fresh kill. On it was a vole and a squirrel. He had a mouse in his jaws and the smell was tempting, however scrawny the mouse was. He shook his head the warrior code. He was extremely loyal to the warrior code, no matter what some of the other warriors thought. He took his kills and placed them on a pile, and checked to see if any of the elders needed any prey.
Old February 1st, 2023, 11:14 AM
Just a tired Transmasc

Bump Policy: 3 days/24 hours (Time sensitive)
My Mood: Kingly

ThunderClan Re: Sunkissed Creek

☽|Orchidbriar|☾
She/They| @BirdieChirp

"Um.. yeah. I'm Orchidbriar" The question caught her off guard, but it made sense. She really wasn't that memorable in the first place, and she might've still been an apprentice the last time they saw each other. "Why were you gone for so long?"
all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” -Jem Carstairs
Old February 2nd, 2023, 01:45 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Darkpaw followed Thrushfur with her chin held high, making sure to keep up the pace. She smiled as her eyes scanned the snow. She loved this white wonderland that always came in leafbare. At Thrushfur's question, she gave a light shrug. "Er... I sort of know, I guess? I know the basics like the crouch, so I think I should be able to hunt, yes." The apprentice cocked her head when he apologized for his inquiry. There was no need for that, but she guessed he just didn't want to do something wrong. She could not blame him; he was new to his job as deputy and probably did not want to lose it in a little while.

"It's fine, don't worry," she mewed in reply.

[ @Eaglet i'm sorry this is so late ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Mistyshard Kit Finder
Old February 2nd, 2023, 08:59 AM
dancing in the moonlight

Bump Policy: 3 days (1 day time sensitive)
My Mood: Yeehaw

@ROUGE

Foxflurry was pretty sure Dawnpaw was somewhat of an oddity. Lazy was a possibility, as well as stupid, but considering he was currently splayed across the clearing with an expression of extreme boredom without taking the initiative to move, she could guess that he was just another chaos spawn with an unfortunate appeal to making others do everything for himself. Then again, all that did was remind her of her own past experiences.

Unfortunately for the apprentice, she was, indubitably, lazier than he was. She would not instigate any training or conversation because of a plethora of reasons. The first being that if he wanted training done, he'd have to come to her. The second, quite frankly, was that she had absolutely no idea who this guy was, so before beginning anything, she'd have to find out what sort of apprentice he was. The brown toms nonchalant escape from the clearing was unexpected to say the least. The possibility of him just up and leaving hadn't crossed her mind. Within moments, light paws made their way across the clearing, and soon enough, she had slipped into the woods herself.

It was a few minutes before she caught up with him, standing nearby a creek. She was slightly impressed with him taking the initiative to get here, though that wouldn't be stated, obviously. "Welcome to Sunkissed Creek. Ready for your tour of the territory?" Was she copying the mannerisms of another cat to seem more authoritative? Perhaps. Did he know that? Hopefully not. Not everyone knew Bumblebreak, right?

that's all folks

rose stole carmen's identity
site // va's

Last edited by carmen; February 2nd, 2023 at 09:01 AM.
Old February 4th, 2023, 12:17 AM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.

AGH!

Dawnpaw jumped, spinning around with narrowed eyes. His claws briefly unsheathed in a (quite pitiful) attempt at preparing himself for self defense. Upon seeing Foxflurry, however, he straightened up. His chest puffed, head being held high as he blatantly ignored the fact that he had been caught off guard. Dawnpaw huffed, a look of disdain overtaking his expression.

"Took you long enough. Coulda sworn I'd be left to train myself. Really, did I have to be assigned such a mouse-brained mentor?" he growled, rolling his eyes. The siamese tom lashed his tail in annoyance. Maybe he'd have to ask for a new mentor if this one couldn't be bothered to get off her rump and actually train him. Not that he needed a mentor at all. Seriously, he could train himself! He didn't need some silly teacher to be the best warrior in the entire clan!

"Well, what are you waiting for? Get on with it already."

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥

Last edited by lio; February 4th, 2023 at 12:17 AM.
Old February 4th, 2023, 11:25 AM
eagle sounds

Bump Policy: Whenever

Thrushfur ໒꒱

This hunting mission should proceed without a hitch, Thrushfur nodded subtly. The snow was carefully rubbed upon his paws, and he gave a tiny flick of his tail before hurrying out. In need of a compact yet spacious area to search for any lurking mice. They can find it advantageous to be near some underbrush or beneath the tree roots. His eyes scanned the area for any strange hues that stood out against the snow. Moving forward with a shallow presence, he continued to sniff with his perceptive cat nose. He squinted his blue eyes as soon as he heard something snuffling. Noticing a tiny mouse cleaning itself behind the tree roots and smearing some white on its body before wiping its paws over its eyes. The mouse's swift and nimble cleaning amused Thrushfur. Thrushfur positioned himself in a hunting position and swiftly jabbed his paw through the tree roots where the mouse was squeaking. By a hair's breadth, he managed to catch the mouse with his extended paw. He needed those extra few inches from his claws to fully grab the mouse in his paw.  He swiveled sharply as he jerked his paw back.

The mouse had managed to slip out from under his paw and into the snow by throwing itself. Like the Windclan cats, Thrushfur was quick to refine his movements for any zigzag running. As he dove into the snow to catch the mouse, his mouth felt coarse, hot fur rubbing over his tongue. Thankfully that wasn't such a protracted hunt, revealing the mouse in his jaws. His gaze swiftly returned to Darkpaw. taking a pause to reflect.

[ @celeste it's alright! i was also late ]
Old February 6th, 2023, 12:14 PM
dancing in the moonlight

Bump Policy: 3 days (1 day time sensitive)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Foxflurry

The illusion of maturity evaporated the moment he opened his mouth, and in that moment, she nearly gave up. A series of mistakes that led to her wanting to shove her face in the dirt. His original turn partnered with flashing claws garnered a raised eyebrow, though just as quickly the tom had returned to his normal position, which dripped of contempt. This was her first apprentice- really? She had been thinking of him as an oddball, perhaps one with a bit of an ego, but this? Aaargrghghh.

"Took me long enough? If you wanted something done, you could've came and told me you wanted something done. Initiative. Come on, take initiative." Her ear flicked and she gave a derisive snort. "If you want me to talk, you have to shut up for a moment, got it?" This was not how she wanted to start things off. It was supposed to be calm, chill, training was to be relaxing, right? "We're at Sunkissed Creek. It doesn't really flood, which is lucky enough, and it's a good place to come if you need a moment to relax. Nice spot in Green-leaf, though predators seem to come by here every now and again. Not the best place to sneak out to."

@ROUGE

that's all folks

rose stole carmen's identity
site // va's