by ollie
Last post by ollie
Today 05:57 PM

Old August 31st, 2022, 10:14 AM
hehe, squishy

Bump Policy: Every two days.
My Mood: Bored

Default Re: Sunkissed Creek

(apologies for not responding! Got a bit busy)

Bumbleflight watched the two apprentices from beneath the shade of the tree, occasionally looking around to make sure there wasn't anything that could prove a danger to them, like a badger or fox. When Flamepaw and Ashpaw asked him about minnows, the dark brown and cream tabby wasn't able to hear them, mainly in part of his shredded ear. However, he watched with interest as the two prepared to hunt, and he hummed, impressed, when Flamepaw managed to hook one. Not bad! He wasn't the biggest fan of fish, and it wasn't their main diet, but he'd certainly try to fish at some point, if only to help with food when land prey wasn't running.

@SpiritedWarrior @Wingnettle

Bump me only after two days.

Old September 1st, 2022, 08:05 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Ashpaw (he/him)
Grey tabby with blue/grey eyes

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

The water looked clear and refreshing, but Ashpaw knew better than to put his paws inside. He noticed that Flamepaw hadn't stopped right on the shore, but some paw steps back. Maybe she had to hide herself from fish as well? How weird. But he followed and crouched beside her, waiting for instructions.
He guessed their voices could also alert water prey, since she had started talking low as well.

He nodded, determined not to make a bad impression in front of his friend. He had to be careful not to speak out loud accidentally, so maybe it was better if he didn't speak at all. He threw a questioning look at Flamepaw, encouraging her to show him what moves were best now. Should we throw ourselves into the water and grab it in our mouth? Or maybe hook it out with our claws?
He couldn't imagine what Flamepaw would do now, but he observed her carefully and took care not to disturb the hunt.

[ @ SpiritedWarrior ]

AHAHAH I was very distracted while writing that, and now after reading it again... Poor Ashpaw. His humor has gone wild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
(apologies for not responding! Got a bit busy)

Bumbleflight watched the two apprentices from beneath the shade of the tree, occasionally looking around to make sure there wasn't anything that could prove a danger to them, like a badger or fox. When Flamepaw and Ashpaw asked him about minnows, the dark brown and cream tabby wasn't able to hear them, mainly in part of his shredded ear. However, he watched with interest as the two prepared to hunt, and he hummed, impressed, when Flamepaw managed to hook one. Not bad! He wasn't the biggest fan of fish, and it wasn't their main diet, but he'd certainly try to fish at some point, if only to help with food when land prey wasn't running.

Looking at Ashpaw after catching her minnow, Flamepaw cast a small smile and looked at his posture. It was good, just as she expected since he was a little older than her and knows the hunter's crouch better than her. Maybe he would do a good job at hunting minnows? Maybe. she purred and then began her 'lesson'.

"Mapleleaf taught me to wait for stragglers, and sometimes there are a few minnows that are way ahead of its school," she explained. "I suggest you go for the stragglers, that's how I started. When they get close enough, quickly get to your paws, maintain a slight crouch, and then put your head in the water. It shouldn't get too far in, the minnows swim close to the surface."

She waited a moment to see what her friend would do. I hope my instructions were clear... I don't want to get Ashpaw covered in water and mad at me... Turning her attention to the warrior behind her, she realized the tom hadn't heard her or Ashpaw. He must be partly deaf... I wonder how that happened. But I know better than to ask. I don't want to be rude.

Grabbing her prey, she walked to Bumbleflight and dropped the minnow at his paws. Maybe he wanted to try it? But who knows, the warrior code still applies so it was still a chance for Bumbleflight to decline and have Flamepaw take it to the elders when they got back. Would the elders even like minnows? Flamepaw didn't really think so, but how could she know?
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old September 2nd, 2022, 05:15 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Ashpaw (he/him)

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

Alright, so I have to be stealthy but quick. Wait, do I really have to put my face in the water...? Ashpaw hadn't really thought it to be necessary, but he didn't want to make a bad impression. Flamepaw had slashed at it with her claws, so why shouldn't he do the same? Not that he was scared of water, but nobody had taught him how to swim and he wasn't this much reckless.

Maybe this was had to be done. Flamepaw had brought the minnow to Bumbleflight, but he seemed distracted right now. Aw, I wanted to try that minnow. Maybe if I can catch a bigger one Flamepaw will share it with me. Ashpaw waited for her to drop her prey before daring the question: "Uhm, so... my face in the water? Yes, cool..." but his expression didn't show any eagerness from before, and he hoped not to have understood clearly her instructions. Meanwhile, the fish swam happily behind them at the center of the current, in a solid formation that looked like a long shaped carried on by the stream.

[ @SpiritedWarrior @Ritsuka ]

Last edited by Wingnettle; September 2nd, 2022 at 01:55 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2022, 01:21 PM
hehe, squishy

Bump Policy: Every two days.
My Mood: Bored

Bumbleflight watched as Flamepaw showed Ashpaw how to fish, and let out an impressed purr when he saw Flamepaw fish out a minnow. He sat up when he noticed Flamepaw approach him, and stared at the fish when she offered it. It was a nice gesture, but the smell didn't help make it appetizing, and he wasn't hungry anyway. So, the dark tabby shook his head, nudging it back to the apprentice.

"Save that for the others at camp, or share it with someone later," he said, doing his best to ignore the fish smell. "They... Might be better of with it then me..."

Bump me only after two days.

Old September 5th, 2022, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SilverShine~ View Post

thunderblaze smiled and got up stretching" wanna go hunt with me before i head back to the clearing?" he asked
Littleleap shook her head "No it's fine Thunderblaze I've already took up enough of your time today, and besides I'm not a very good at finding prey so I wouldn't bee much help."

(Sorry for not responding or being active at all I'm on a not really relaxing vk right now so I'm not going to be active at all for the next couple of days and even after that I'm probably going to be extremely slow because of school and everything)
Old September 5th, 2022, 08:58 AM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Busy

[ok its all fine]

thunderblaze nodded and walked off
@Moon669

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old September 8th, 2022, 09:27 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Ashpaw (he/him)

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

Alright, so I have to be stealthy but quick. Wait, do I really have to put my face in the water...? Ashpaw hadn't really thought it to be necessary, but he didn't want to make a bad impression. Flamepaw had slashed at it with her claws, so why shouldn't he do the same? Not that he was scared of water, but nobody had taught him how to swim and he wasn't this much reckless.

Maybe this was had to be done. Flamepaw had brought the minnow to Bumbleflight, but he seemed distracted right now. Aw, I wanted to try that minnow. Maybe if I can catch a bigger one Flamepaw will share it with me. Ashpaw waited for her to drop her prey before daring the question: "Uhm, so... my face in the water? Yes, cool..." but his expression didn't show any eagerness from before, and he hoped not to have understood clearly her instructions. Meanwhile, the fish swam happily behind them at the center of the current, in a solid formation that looked like a long shaped carried on by the stream.

[ @SpiritedWarrior @Ritsuka ]
Flamepaw chuckled at hearing Ashpaw's uncertain voice. She didn't realize he was taking her seriously. I'm gonna have to tell him I was only joking, I know he's not a RiverClanner... she huffed playfully and looked at her gray tabby friend after booping his shoulder with her nose.

"I was just jokin'! Don't worry, I won't make you get your face in the water!" the she-cat purred. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
Bumbleflight watched as Flamepaw showed Ashpaw how to fish, and let out an impressed purr when he saw Flamepaw fish out a minnow. He sat up when he noticed Flamepaw approach him, and stared at the fish when she offered it. It was a nice gesture, but the smell didn't help make it appetizing, and he wasn't hungry anyway. So, the dark tabby shook his head, nudging it back to the apprentice.

"Save that for the others at camp, or share it with someone later," he said, doing his best to ignore the fish smell. "They... Might be better of with it then me..."

//Apologies for the delay! Been unexpectedly occupied lately!

Flamepaw, although a little disappointed (and taken aback) that Bumbleflight had declined the offer to try a minnow for the first time, dipped her head in respect to the tom's decision and set her catch close by so Bumbleflight could keep an eye on it for them while her and Ashpaw continued to hunt. Who knows, maybe ThunderClan would have the same reaction as Bumbleflight did. Flamepaw hoped not, but then again, ThunderClan wasn't RiverClan.

"How's it coming along, Ashpaw? Catch anything yet?" she asked when she came back to sit beside her denmate.
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old September 9th, 2022, 05:31 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Ashpaw (he/him)
Light grey tabby with blue/grey eyes

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

"...Oh." His gaze followed Flamepaw with a befuddled expression, while she took her first minnow to Bumbleflight. The brown warrior didn't seem interested though, and Ashpaw thought that his friend had probably cared about them trying out the prey that she had well managed to catch. Now she was coming back with her mouth empty and he quickly turned back to the same spot he was supposed to get a minnow.

I should catch something before she comes back... but how? He focused hard on the movements underwater, where tiny shapes sand-colored shone at the sunlight like dancing sparks. Alright, I'm just gonna try to grab something with my paw. He tensed his muscled and balanced himself better, then unsheathed his claws and stretched his fore leg forward in attempt to hook something out. But all he managed to do was creating a big splash that dunked his grey pelt; he turned to see if Flamepaw was already behind him, knowing she had probably already watched the scene.

[ @SpiritedWarrior ]
Old September 9th, 2022, 07:31 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Berryspot stretched out next to the creek, rolling onto her tortoiseshell back as her mouth opened for a yawn. It closed with a satisfying, Shmap and the molly settled, opening her yellow eyes to watch the clouds. [open]

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old September 9th, 2022, 01:25 PM
Ice queen

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Dead

Peachleaf hunted

caard huge wip